Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
a1chemyst

Dying Corkscrew Willows

a1chemyst
14 years ago

Ok well i got this bomb diggity corkscrew from my uncle... he is like a god when it comes to plants but im pretty good too... i bring my new plants home and it has 1 main stalk then about 3 in up it turns into 2 and the 2 wooden stick thingys (i dont know plant terminology so no fancy talk) and they twist around each other and from them long green willowing branches have leaves... these branches are kind of like wood but are more like stems on a rose plant... just no thorns... anywas they had a couple leaves but were speckled but fell off... then 1 of the stick thingys got infected for some reason and i cut it off to save the rest of the plant then the remaining stick thing regrew very nice and green leaves on its branches... then it was winter and i brought the plant in, it was fine for about a week then most of the leaves shed and the others shriveled,the ones that fell were eatin by my dog. i know it wasnt dry because it was being watered reguarly and i sprayed the branches as i always did as instructed by my uncle. the plant had recently been cut then i stuck the clipping in water and a root grew i planted the propagation now its doing the same thing. i thought it was just doing a cycle and as it seems the cycle occurs every month or so... does my plant have a metaphorical period? it may not even be a CW it looks a tad diffrent from those others i have seen but maybe just a diffrent kind... im not into the science of it all i just know the system, its the only plant of mine that hasnt done well of course now most are starting to fail but its winter they will return... i keep the CW in the exact same enviroment from my uncles and when i 1st got it. maybe its shock i dont know... P.S if you read this long freakin message i applaud you

Comments (3)