Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rose Cuttings - Plans/Exchanges

Posted by BRMeadows 8a (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 11, 13 at 19:13

Anyone want to make some rose cutting exchange plans now or is it too soon to be thinking about it ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rose Cuttings - Plans/Exchanges

What are you looking to exchange? I have many antiques and Austens.

This post was edited by justkristy on Mon, Dec 16, 13 at 21:08

o

I also have some Austins (Ad.CPM), candy stripe, touch of class, Tropicana, Montezuma, New Dawn (climber).

Variegated Japanese Aucuba, Japanese Laurel -Gold Dust Plant

Anything appeal?

o

I'm interested, I have DAR, old roses and some mini's.

o

im interested. have 3 different varieties of austin roses and two weeks roses ; 'easy going' and 'oh my'. would love to trade for austin roses i dont have..

o

You guys want to show our hands here or take it private?

o

Add tour de malakoff and The Impressionist to my list of roses.

pink/white Wild Azalea, Beautyberry, SweetShrub and Blackberry Lily

o

Its still too early here to stick cuttings but I am willing to make plans for spring time exchange.

o

I grow a lot of the David Austin roses, a few old roses and some miniature roses. I am in the process of re-doing most of my garden so a lot of my roses are new but should be able to take a few cuttings from them this spring, just give me a list of what you are looking for and I'll let you know if I have it.

o

only luck i had with rooting roses is to stick them in ground over winter and cover them with a mason jar . then in spring they are rooted. how do you all root them?

o

I'd like to get in on exchanging, too, whenever it's the best time for it.
I have Duchesse de Brabant, Fortune 5-Color, Natchitoches Noisette, Pink Pet, Old Blush, Cecille Bruner and some other old ones I don't have ID'd yet.

Send me an email if interested.
Natchi. cuttings  7.17.12 photo 100_1266.jpg

photo 000_0964.jpg

Susie

o

My best success method has been early spring, a version of the mason jar. I make up my own sand perlite mix and use 32 oz or larger container that I keep closed for 7-10 days. After that i open up the container lid/top. This seems to work best for me, but not much works in mid summer upper 90-100 with high humidity About the only method that works in mid summer is a misting setup on a timer.
But as many of you know different methods work in different environment and at different times. If all the variables could be kept the same then a one size fits all method could be developed, so using different methods at the same time will help develop what works best in your area.

o

Wow susieqsie what is the name of two toned beaut on the right side in the first photo.

o

Hi - I ,want in also.
I have a deep red with large heavily fragrant full blooms, shrub type, no i.d.
I also have belinda's dream, large lightly fragrant pink blooms, shrub type.
I also have Sombreuil, climbing huge rose bush. Very large, full very fragrant off white blooms. It is a vigorous rosebush and will need support for it's very large canes!
I am looking for two toned types and fragrant types with very full blloms. Here are some pics. of mine. Thanks, Mistee
my red rosebush photo 101_3623.jpg

my sombruil rosebush photo 101_3626.jpg
my belinda's dream rosebush photo mybelindasdreamrosebush.jpg

o

Here are a few yummies.

o

Hi guys,

I've got that are large enough for cuttings

Lavendar Lassie
Cecile Brunner
Cl Pinkie
Cl Angel Face
Heritage
Red Eden

In fact, I might need to make some room in my garden since I'm in a small lot in Venice.

The ones I'm thinking of giving up are Pinkie and Cecile Bruner. I want to give my Eden and Barbara Worl (the seller said this was Grandmother's hat) room to grow because they've been amazing for the few blooms I got from the small bands in the first year.

Please let me know if you'd like either of those because I would hate to just throw them away. I would say they are about a 3 gallon in size if I pruned them for shipping.

=) Spreading the rose love

o

stacian, i would love to take you up on those roses cecile brunner and pinkie. theyre both so gorgeous!

o

Stacian

When are you thinking of removing them? I have to drive to LAX in a couple of weeks and might be something we could do together.

I have a bunch of cuttings started in cups. But my old garden roses are all pretty much babies and not ready to be cut.

One thing, if you are in a quarantine zone, you might want to check out shipping out of state with the soil on the plants.

o

I only have Dublin Bay cuttings to offer right now (working to remedy that this year), but I would love to try any David Austins. Willing to pay postage after my cuttings are gone if anyone has excess.

o

Hi - I am looking for ;
tropicana
dublin bay
angel face
and others. Please, email me if we can trade.
Thanks,Mistee

o

I have Tropicana, also Montezuma that is similar to Tropicana. Let me know if you want to trade cuttings.

o

I am sorry I don't grow shrubs or OGR, I have no room. If you want a shopping list go to hmf.com/roses and type in my name. There all all the roses I have.
I have gotten some very hard to find roses, because I took home roses to root from the the shows.
I'd be interested in minis and minifloras that I don't have.

o

I am looking for knockout roses, I live in a climate which is rainy (not really) in winter and hot dry in summer (Jordan, Amman more or less zone 9-10) , specially July and August, I have tried very hard to get the roses from Europe but without success as they are mainly product of USA, anyone have Knockout rose could help me with some cuttings, I am ready to pay for the DHL postage and any cost involved, appreciate your understanding

This post was edited by alzubide on Thu, Jan 16, 14 at 13:28

o

I have fresh cuttings of New Dawn. Got anything to trade let me know.

Other varieties cutting soon:
Don Juan
Mr. Lincoln
Tropicana
Montezuma
NOID Vase shaped pink

o

Hi all, new to this forum, sounds good. I'm in mich, we're buried, hope to see a new season soon. Nice to hear people talk about something besides KO. I will have cuttings of the following this spring you can email me and let me know if you're interested. I'd like to exchange for:
Buff beauty
Ispahan
Seafoam
Any buck roses,
Blanc double de coubert
Lavender lassie
Oh heck, any old roses, preferably fragrant

I can trade these, some limited q's:
Rose de rescht
Agnes
New dawn
Hot cocoa
Purple splash
Bonica
Fairy
Red ribbons
Carefree wonder
Raspberry blanket
Maybe cl iceberg
Thanks

o

Good list chasengel, I look forward to some exchanges.
I love Hot Cocoa! it is listed as 4 feet in height but in BAMA it's a short climber at about 10 feet. And New Dawn is 20 feet in both direction. Rose de rescht and Purple splash has caught my eyes.

o

I meant to include -Tour-de-Malakoff as a trade offering.

o

Hi Bobby!

The cuttings you sent me are doing really well and new little leaves are popping out.
I hope that means roots, too.

What kind of rose in the picture above Tour de Malakoff?
Is that New Dawn in your garden?

Thanks,
Susie

o

The little ones and cuttings you sent are inside for now, because of the icy storm that just came through. They appear anxious to get outside, their little buds are swollen. I have the little plants in separate pots, along with some potted cuttings. I'm running an experiment on part of the cuttings with a burrito wrap in the ground outside, (fingers crossed).

Glad the cuttings and little ones are doing good for you. I think the exchange went well and hope you will consider another one later.

Yes, the picture above Tour de Malakoff is New Dawn. That's one of the daughters from the original. New Dawn, IMHO, is one of the easiest to root rose. In Alabama, it has three flushes. The first peak is Mothers Day, then mid summer then Fall, with the fist flush being the best.

o

Hi, everybody!
I have a rose a garden and I'm looking for new roses from cuttings or just cuttings. I am from Romania. If you would like to see what roses I have, you can see them here:
http://primula.sunphoto.ro/
If anybody wants to exchange cuttings or baby own roots roses, I am waiting to write a private message!

o

Dear eahamel

Thanks for the replay, we have no restriction on importing cuttings, we have in Jordan many kinds of roses but unfortunately all are unnamed variety's, we usually import plants from the Mediterranean countries like Italy, France and from Holland, because it is cheaper to ship, and mainly we buy from auctions rather than choosing the variety's more suited to our climate.

Growing from seeds is fun but unfortunately I travel a lot , I don't stay in Amman more than one month, then I have to travel for some days, and some times for weeks, at this time it is not practical to do this way, and as I said we have a lot of roses in Amman, but what I like about Knockout roses is there resistance to black spot and they keep flowering in summer (hot months), where most of our roses will have very few flowers in summer until the cool months come back in October. any way thanks for the replay and It is nice to hear your opinion

o

What can I exchange for that adorable puppy?

o

That is Rockie, he was one of four Yorkies. All of them are at different homes except for Gnomie.

o

Nobody from Europe here?! I'm lost as I see, The USA is so far, too far... I am sorry!

o

I I wanted to post some pictures of cuttings that are doing good. Its not spring yet, but these are doing well. I move them from inside to outside when the weather is going to be above freezing (barely). I'm in zone 8a, the cuttings are only three weeks old and have been inside more than out. While inside there was no special care, I have only watered them twice (tap water) and no special lighting. The top two were young seedlings with roots from Florida (only few months old) and now putting on new growth.
Cuttings were from Texas taken in Jan.

Make me wonder if the ones in warmer regions are missing a lots of growth time waiting on traditional spring time to start.

BMeadows

o

They look nice! I'm keeping a baby rose inside this winter that's also leafed out well--but it's been much cozier and under lights.

How come you use aluminum foil around the pots?

o

Just great, congratulations! I live in zone 5, a montaine region with temperate climate. Did you see My rose bushes? You could look them on:
www.primula.ro
Now we are in winter time, with a lot of snow and cold weather. The roses are sleeping during our winters. I am waiting for spring time.
I couldn't plant in my garden roses thet are for zone 8. Our winters aren't so warm for them to resist. But I like to see albums with all sort of roses! Have a good day! Rodica50

o

lovesblooms The aluminum foil is a cheap/quick container for holding water when I bring them inside.

Rodica50 WouldTherese Bugnet thrive in your area?

Could you post a link to your roses ? the links above don't work for me.

o
Walley World Heads up-Zone 8

Just a heads up for Wally World shoppers around zone 8. I got a Climbing America, Fragrant Cloud, Just Joey and Blue Girl for 20 dollars and change.
They are the waxed in body bag variety so a they will benefit from a few days of soaking.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here