Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to buy Sunshine Mix #4 Aggregate

Posted by pkapeckopickldpepprz z9 a/b FL (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 10, 06 at 22:15

As per George Manners recommendations for this mix for propegating roses, I am trying to find this mix in Florida. Anyone from Florida here, ever use it or even find it here locally? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to buy Sunshine Mix #4 Aggregate

A message from George Mander:
Just happen to check out this forum! Never had much time lately.
On my website I have a link to the Co. called "Sun Gro"
Give you the link to "Sun Gro" below.
You can find my site on GOOGLE under "Roses of Excellence"

Good luck to find the mix in Florida.

Here is a link that might be useful: SUN GRO Horticulture

o

Thanks George for responding. I apologize for the mispelling of your name. I talked to the folks at Sun Gro, and they didn't have the mix you mentioned but something similar LA4 Aggregate. I had them order me 2 bags at my nursery. It basically seems like a perlite/peat mix with other trace ingredients. Not sure how much better it will work than my own concoction of 1 part miracle gro garden soil, 1 part peat, 1 part vermiculite which has been working well. The LA4 looks like it dries out quicker than the mix I have made.

o

Hello again,
This mix, "LA4 Aggregate perlite/peat mix with other trace ingredients" is the perfect mix. The # 4 MIX I have has the same ingredients.
It's major components are Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss, Perlite, Dolomite Limestone (pH adjuster) and a wetting agent.
Please note, I would suggest never to use garden soil for the mix to make own root cuttings. The very well known "Mr. Miniature", Ralph Moore also told me: "never use vermiculite for making your own mix". Always use perlite !!!
Read my article, link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cuttings from Cuttings, from Cuttings...

o

where to buy sunshine mix #4

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here