Return to the Rose Propagation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how to root a long stem florist rose?

Posted by michelle_co z5 CO (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 10, 06 at 23:26

Hi, I couldn't resist buying some fancy florist roses to root. They were a striped Delbard at Walmart, of all places. They have a very long stem. Has anyone got a long stem rose to root without having the 5 leaf petioles? I stuck 8 cuttings - 4 upper stems w/ three leaf petioles, and 4 lower stems that didn't have any leaves. What the heck. Maybe they'll grow.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Michelle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how to root a long stem florist rose?

Hey, Michelle!

Try this link: Yes; you can root them, but be aware that if they are patented, you may not sell them!

This link will tell you all you need to know!

Here is a link that might be useful: Easy Rose Propagation:

o

Thanks - I just wondered about rooting a stemmy cutting. Everything else I've rooted has had the traditional 5 leaf petioles. I wasn't sure how to make a proper cutting of a stem in this form.

Cheers,
Michelle

o

Michelle, if you succeed with rooting Red Intuition, let me know how you did it. I rooted a few florist roses but I could never root this one. I assumed that they might not have been fresh or were treated with something but most probably it was just my bad luck.

o

I got nothing but rot and powdery mildew using typical baggy method. So I just put them in water and changed it a lot. It worked.
I was using Abraham lincoln.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Propagation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here