Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

NEW: 2nd Annual Commercial Seed leftover swap

flwrs4ever
15 years ago

This swap is for COMMERCIAL SEEDS ONLY, and the packs must be seeds from 2008 or 2009 season ONLY !!

Since this is commercial seeds only, you will get a small amount of seeds, but it will allow you to try some of the newer varieties of seeds.

DO NOT send the 10 cent pack of seeds from Walmart or 25 cent packs from the dollar general. We want this to be a fair swap, and most people will be sending in seeds that arent very common.... and are a bit expensive.

NO MORE then 2 packs of the same seed ex. 2 packs of green envy zinnia, 2 packs of peppermint stick zinnia...etc

DO NOT post what you are sending.....just pack them up and send them to me, they will be sorted, and remailed out..this is a "surprise" swap !!

DO TELL me if you are interested in herbs, veggies, or flowers. (any combination of them)

I'd like to have the mailing date March 1st, so that we can still have time to sow the seeds. ( last season we were later)

I would prefer the seeds be sent in the original package, but if it is neccessary to put them in a new envie, they must have name of seed, year, and company they are from...and any growing info you can share !!

PLEASE email me if you have any questions !

( There is no minimum on the number of packs you can send)

Thanks, and I hope you will decide to join !!(sign ups will be till Feb 15th)

Comments (149)

• just1morehosta
    15 years ago

bump

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone, thanks for giving me an idea of what you like, i will do my best. There is quite a few veggies coming in, and not many people wanting them, so you may get a few...remember you can always use them for trade. With that being said, Ill do my best !!

I recd seeds today from Tammy and floodthelast.

Tammy, thanks for the adorable watermelon memo set ! Very sweet of you !

There were a few people that mailed in very small envies, so I WILL be mailing back in a bigger one..there wont be enough room to use the ones ya sent.

Thanks for all the wonderful seeds you all have sent in !

March 1 is the last day to mail !!

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

I plan to mail on Monday. I am going to work on my enve on Saturday evening. Thanks. Nichol

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

Glad you liked it. Thanks for hosting the swap. I am sure it is time consuming and we all appreciate it.

Tammy

• just1morehosta
    15 years ago

bump

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Changed my mind..lol I'll take anything flowers, veggies or herbs off my list. Hope that helps! lol I've got a 15yr old that'll eat anything so no worries on veggies going to a good home! And an 11yr old that's finally into gardening flowers this year, and I love to cook so herbs from my list would be most welcomed as well. :)

Hope everyone is having a nice day!
    Wendy

• jaynine
    15 years ago

my package is in the mail--it ended up being all flowers(over 100 different ones)!

• just1morehosta
    15 years ago

Hi Kym,
    I will be mailing out tomorrow.
    cAROL

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

UPDATE !! Received seeds from gardenscout today !

flwrs4ever (ME) ........ packed and ready to go
    Poisondartfrog ........received
    sueirish will be hand delivering
    jaynine ......................................mailed
    remy
    divahtr
    sassy
    conniesc
    floodthelast .....received
    remy
    southercharm1
    just1morehosta ..............mailed
    ajpa ...........received
    kamiljabo
    mao tse mom
    crazypalmlady
    jblanton08
    annie nh .............received
    gardenscout ..........received
    lisam627_ohio_z6
    gardenmom2
    indian_blanket
    october17
    roses_more_roses ....received ( thanks again for MY seeds)
    momcat
    retiredprof
    woodsidetrader
    Moon48
    wnkolker ........received
    fez920 .......received
    mmqchdygg
    rosieo ........received
    greenthumbgrows....received

Jaynine, WOW, I am glad I am not the only one with 100 packs of commercial seeds...

I think everyone will be happy with the seeds coming in.

** A few people sent packs of seeds with like 50 or more seeds in them, I have taken some of them, and made two packs out of it....and YOU will be able to get a little more back this way. Hope all is ok with this, but I thought it would be nice for you all to get back as much as possible.

OK, Keep those envies coming !!! I am looking forward to sorting them for you.

• just1morehosta
    15 years ago

bump

• franked1
    15 years ago

Glad to hear your receiving lots of veggies. Good luck in completing the swap- boy,you are a glutton for punishment!A veggie guy.

• floodthelast
    15 years ago

Oh I wish I could remember how many I sent in. I wrote a note about what I wanted but I'm not clear on that one either now, lol. Basically anything from 09 is good with me, flowers can be older. I have more veg. than I can use and anything I get will be for next year.

I'm excited for this swap. So many friendly faces and what not.

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I received another envie today !!

jaynine, your envie arrived today ! WOW, amazing...

There are some AWESOME seeds coming in !!

Floodthelast, I counted all packs, and wrote down a total as they came in.

Thanks everyone...I know you all will be happy when the envies come back !

• suecirish
    15 years ago

Bump bump
    {{gwi:1233149}}From Garden Reference

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I recd some more great seeds from....

moon458
    crazypalmlady

Thanks everyone !! Some really nice seeds have come in, and I cant wait to get them sorted and back to you ALL !

Please remember, they MUST be post marked by March 1st !

• just1morehosta
    15 years ago

Hi Kym,
    My package will be a little later,i had copyed the wrong zip code,so i will be resending Monday morning.
    Sorry about this.
    cAROL

• jblanton08
    15 years ago

sending mine monday also
    thanks and have a great weekend! I would like any seeds please
    Jen

• suecirish
    15 years ago

Bump bump

• dancinginthegarden
    15 years ago

Hi Kym,

I am sending my seed packets to you in today's mail. I think you may have omitted me from your list of swap participants! I originally said I would like just veggies, but now I would appreciate flowers and herbs, too!!

Thanks!!

Nancy
    Dancing in the Garden

• just1morehosta
    15 years ago

bump

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Mine is taped up and going out today. I included a couple extra stamps in case you need them. If you need more let me know and I will get them to you.

Thanks for hosting this swap.

Nichol

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Hi everyone!

I'll be working on my pkg tomorrow and should have it in the mail by Thursday at the latest.

This is gonna be funnnnnn!

Hugs,
    Wendy

• jblanton08
    15 years ago

Hi
    sent you an email.... I really need your address to send the seeds to you. Thanks
    Jen

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Carol, I am soo sorry you had to remail the package !!

Nancy, I am SORRY I missed ya on the list...also wanted to let you know your seeds arrived today !! WS'ing, is sooo addicting, once ya start, there is NO turning back...LOL

Jen, I sent you an email this morning.

Nichol, thanks so much for the postage !

THERE IS 3 MORE DAYS TO MAIL OUT YOUR SEEDS !!!!!!!!! PLEASE, MAKE SURE YOU GET THEM IN THE MAIL....

THANKS SO MUCH TO YOU ALL, for marking the packets with your screen name, company they came from...and for all the help.

I Will work as quickly as I can sorting, and will let you know when I am putting them back in the mail !!

Kym

• jaynine
    15 years ago

bump

• just1morehosta
    15 years ago

Tapping gently

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I recd a package today from Lisa, thanks SOO much for the cute gloves, and the wondreful COOKIE recipe cd...my daughter and I bake about 150 dozen each Christmas, so this will be SOO used. BTW, they werent needed, but much loved !

There really is a wonderful supply of seeds coming in...I plan on sorting them on or around March 9th, and will get them out as soon as I can. (maybe sooner if they are all in by then)

Thanks to you all,

Kym

• suecirish
    15 years ago

Bump!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Mine are on their way now :)

Thanks !!
    ~Wendy

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Emailed you Kym!!
    ~Wendy

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok, some more envies came in today........

just1morehosta...it is HERE !

gardenmom2...Its here...

Ok, I will let you all know on Monday, if anyone is missing.

Wendy, I know yours is on the way !!

Thanks everyone, what a really NICE selection of seeds !

• suecirish
    15 years ago

Bumping with a message!

I'm stuck home in the snowstorm today. So taking the opportunity to get my seeds together for this swap. Half the package for me, half for the swap. I'll be taking them with me to Kym's house to help her sort and pack. This will be my first time helping with the sorting and I'm really looking forward to learning how it's done.
    Here's one I'm bring along -
    {{gwi:1233150}}From Garden Reference

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

I'm so excited about this swap!! lol I can hardly wait to see the results of our sharing. Thanks in advance Kym for all the work you'll be doing!!

Hugs,
    Wendy

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

sueirish **hand delivering
    jaynine ...............received
    remy
    divahtr
    sassy **mailed
    conniesc .......received
    floodthelast ....received
    southercharm1
    just1morehosta..recieved
    ajpa ...........received
    kamiljabo **mailed
    mao tse mom
    crazypalmlady ...received
    jblanton08 **mailed
    gardenscout
    lisam627_ohio_z6
    gardenmom2 ...........recieved
    indian_blanket
    october17
    roses_more_roses ......received
    momcat
    retiredprof
    woodsidetrader
    Moon48 ..........received
    fez920 .........received
    mmqchdygg
    rosieo ........received
    dancinginthegarden....received

PLEASE let me know if I have missed you on my list.

Conniesc your seeds arrived today, thank you !

Would you PLEASE let me know if you have MAILED...so I know WHO's packs to wait on.....

thanks,

Kym

• dorisl
    15 years ago

I sent 4 packs in on Friday morning.
    :)
    D

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Kym,
    I'm an idiot! I left the envelope on my dining room table and forgot to mail it before I left for Florida. Duh! I sent it out today. I'm so sorry. I sure hope it gets to you fast.
    Remy

• divahethr
    15 years ago

I mailed mine Saturday Feb 28 I emailed you

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

jaynine ...............received
    remy ...........................mailed
    divahtr
    sassy **mailed
    conniesc .......received
    southercharm1
    just1morehosta..recieved
    ajpa ...........received
    kamiljabo ......received
    mao tse mom
    crazypalmlady ...received
    jblanton08 **mailed
    gardenscout
    lisam627_ohio_z6
    indian_blanket
    october17
    momcat
    retiredprof
    woodsidetrader
    fez920 .........received
    mmqchdygg
    rosieo ........received
    dorisl ...........................mailed
    grovespirit.......................mailed

Remy, no problem...I am sure Ill have them before Monday.

Thanks to you ALL for sending such an amazing selection of seeds, I really think everyone will be very happy.

Kamil, your seeds arrived today ! What a great selection !

• grovespirit
    15 years ago

I sent in a lot of goodies!! Can't say exactly what, but trust me there's some pretty cool stuff in my envie. I am SO excited about this swap.

On the subject of whether I prefer edibles, herbs or flowers...
    I prefer a mix, as long as they are all SMALL plants.

Is it OK if I ask for a "compact and dwarf selection" of mixed seeds? Since the only growing space I have is my 10'x10' paved patio I want small stuff. :)

I need some dwarf veggies that are COMPACT. (Most squash, pumpkins, melons, indeterminate tomato vines, and corn plants are too big for my space).
    I also need small container-grown fruits such as strawberry, garden huckleberry, wonderberry, pepino.
    I love all herbs *except* marigold, chives and cinnamon basil (have oodles of those already because I use them as companion plants with my veggies to keep pests off). Really could use some chamomile seeds!
    I don't have space to grow many ornamentals, but any little windowbox type flowers that are fragrant such as Stock 'Tudor tapestry,' Nemesia 'Shooting Stars', Viola Hybrida 'Rose Shades' or Cephalophora aromatica, would be perfect for me. I'm off to go add those to my GW want list! :)

*BIG E-HUGS* to hostess Kym- in advance- for doing this for all of us!!

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

Just noticed I wasn't on the last list? You had already recieved my seeds earlier up. Just wanted to make sure you didn't forget me:-)

Tammy

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Tammy, mistakes happen when I am in a hurry, but your seeds are here safe and sound. I have been getting them all ready, so when the last envie comes in, I can get started sorting.

I have brown paper bags, with your seeds inside...and each bag is marked, with how many you sent in, and if you want veggies, herbs, flowers, or all. I found this worked well last year...so I am trying it again. Then they will go back into your bubble envies, and be mailed.

Ill keep you all updated on when I have them sorted, and ready to mail. There are a lot of seeds this season, and I cant get over the wonderful selection ! It is like going to a specialty store....LOL

Ok, I hope everyone that wanted to join, has their seeds on the way...NO MORE MAILING !!

Is anyone interested in a game of 21 questions, while you wait for them to come home ? Let me know.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Just checking in to see if my envy arrived yet. I sent with a DC# but the SO has it stashed somewhere and he doesn't remember where... lol

Hugs everyone!
    Wendy

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    15 years ago

Hi Kym! Just to let you know...you missed noting you received mine on your list.

Thanks for all your hard work on this swap! - Lisa

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Poisondartfrog ..received
    jaynine .........received
    remy ............received
    divahtr .........received
    sassy ...........received
    conniesc ........received
    southercharm1
    just1morehosta..recieved
    ajpa ...........received
    kamiljabo ......received
    mao tse mom
    crazypalmlady ........received
    jblanton08 ...........received
    gardenscout
    lisam627_ohio_z6......received
    indian_blanket
    october17
    momcat
    retiredprof
    woodsidetrader
    fez920 .........received
    mmqchdygg *dropped
    rosieo ........received
    dorisl ...........................mailed
    grovespirit.......................mailed

Wendy, your seeds arrived ! I wish I had the time to break them down into smaller packs ! I did some that came in early, and they only sent a few packs.

Heather, I dont know how to thank you ! I love the Tulips and canna, HUGS, and much thanks !! ( I will post on the "spring" forum too, just incase they were from there)recieved your seeds too !

Chell, received your seeds today, they were quick ! I also emailed you.

Jen, I received your seeds today also ! Thanks so much !

Many people sent in ALOT of seeds, I beleive this may take me a little more time then I thought, BUT I will keep you all posted, and I will be mailing them ALL on the same day.

Have a wonderful weekend !

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

*whew! glad they got there safe n sound! I wasn't sure if I was supposed to break them down or not..lol

Take all the time you need sorting :) Don't stress yourself out over it. Don't mind us peeking over your shoulder and nudging you along... lol j/k :P

Hugs everyone,
    Wendy

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I received seeds today from Dorisl, and grovespirit, thanks sooo much ! ANother great batch of seeds ! I have spent last night, and today doing some prep work, and trying to divide a few of the packs...so there will be more to go around.

momcat
    retiredprof
    woodsidetrader
    indian_blanket
    october17
    gardenscout
    southercharm1

(IF you have sent in, please let me know ! There is a huge pile here, and many didnt have screen names)

I have not heard anything from the people above.....If I dont hear from you by SAT night, I will assume you have dropped from the swap. Seeds will be started on sorting after that.

Thanks to you ALL for joining, sharing your seeds, and I am sure you will all be happy with the return envies !

Ok, off to work on the seeds, have a great day !

Kym

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Kym ~ Would it help any if I sent reminder emails to those above? I don't mind doing it if it helps you out any!

~Wendy

• just1morehosta
    15 years ago

bump

• grovespirit
    15 years ago

Yay, glad my seeds arrived safely.

I bet Kym is having fun looking at all our pretty seed packages. :) If I were in her shoes, I might well feel a lot like a kid in a candy store!

• floodthelast
    15 years ago

bump, so desperate for news on this one. Want seeds, have fun playing Kym. Do you ever throw them in the air and swim in the piles?