Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ncgardengirl_gw

Thank Goodness I found my Stamps!

ncgardengirl
15 years ago

For those of you who know of my stamp plight, I found them Tuesday! I was so excited!

It took 6 weeks to find them BUT FINALLY I DID! I am so happy...lol.

They were in a bag which contained all my extra seed baggies, I told you all when I lost them that I KNEW I put them SOMEWHERE were I SHOULD KNOW WHERE they are....

And YES DAN, they WERE in the LAST PLACE I HAD THEM AND the LAST PLACE I LOOKED, thank you for all your help! LOL...

dan_the_mail_man was kind enough to offer his expert advice on the situation which included the two above suggestions....lol

But seriously, thanks to everyone who tried to make me feel better about losing them in the first place and I told you all I would let you know IF I ever found them!

So Nikki, IF you read this honey, you just remember what I told you about finding your percious 'things' you lost they will come back! Just give it time...when you least expect it and when you stop looking like someone else told me!

Thank you all again for trying to make me feel better about the situation!

:) Fran

Comments (11)

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

LOL good for you Fran! I recently found some missing Christmas themed stamps too.. I coulda swore I'd bought some in Dec.. but never found 'em til last week. :)

Hugs,
    Wendy

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

LOL Fran!!! I'm glad that you found them. This happens all too often around here. Mainly with the box tape. ROFL

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

I just had to tell my "lost item" story! The Christmas before last, I did the 'un-normal' for me, and started shopping for Christmas presents early, and would then stash them around the house so the kids wouldn't find them. After they opened everything, my daughter reminded me of a gift that I had told her I bought for her brother, and I couldn't for the life of me find it. I started wondering if I even bought it!! Well, I just found it a couple of nights ago, while looking for something else that my hubby thought I misplaced. Why do they all think I misplace things?? lol. Of course my son already knew about the gift, but he was still excited that I finally found it.... Down in a cupboard,..... wayyyyyy in the back, .....where I rarely go.....it was such a good hiding spot! :)

Sorry to hijack your post Fran! Just wanted you to know that you're not alone!!

Karen

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

FRAN!!! Thanks for the morning laugh!!! I'm glad you found your stamps. And, just for you, I'm not even gonna hit you with that ever-so-famous line... "I told you so."

BRAVO! BRAVO!

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

FRAN, I am so glad you found those stamps!! That means there is hope for the rest of us LOL!! :-D

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

That's ok Karen,
    I talked to my mom Tuesday and she said 'Oh, btw I was back there looking (in HER hiding place) looking through my stuff trying to find a blanket I had put back there and came across 2 King/Queen size blankets, isn't that what size beds you and (sisiter's name) have?'
    'Yes, Mama' "oh, I thought so, I got those for ya'll for Christmas, I put them back there and forgot I had them, oh well, next time you come you can get yours!'
    The funniest part is when I took her gifts to her she said 'OH, YOU didn't have to get me anything, I didn't get you anything'....lol.

Thanks Dan I appreciate you NOT saying I told you so!
    Wendy, Thank goodness MINE are not Christmas stamps, they are those flags otherwise I would be putting them up for next Christmas....lol.
    AND YES, I WOULD FIND THEM! I would put them in the bin marked Christmas Cards and SWAP stuff, it is in a BRIGHT RED contain so I can NOT misplace it....lol NONE of my other Christmas stuff is in a red container like this stuff is! YEAP, I intend to be able to find my Christmas cards for the Secret Santa Swap THIS year...hehe

OH SC1, girl you know I LOSE MY TAPE ALL THE TIME too!, as a matter of fact I put it in the truck later time I went to the PO so I could tape up my things after putting the postage in there and I forgot to get it out, IF I don't get it out when SO gets back when I start to tape up my box this afternoon I will be ill...lol and NO I will not think about it being in the truck! WHY in the world would my tape be in the TRUCK, yeap this is HOW I think....lol.

Sunny, I am glad I am imspiration for everyone, oh boy!....lol :)

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

Fran, Gramma and I both put things in safe places....they are even safe from us!...lol..Glad you found your stamps! :)

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

YYEEEAAAHHHH Fran! I am so happy to hear that you found those darn stamps. You know that I totally know how frustrating it is to look and look and still not find your missing item.
    Thanks for remembering my missing "things". A couple of days ago, I talked to God and told him that I was going to stop praying for them. I realized I had much more pressing prayers - particularly for sick family members. My SIL got her miracle today! She is moving a hand that had been paralyzed in a recent stroke. Long story but I sure know that God hears my prayers!
    I'm sure that He will surprise me with my lost items one day. In the meantime, I'm just happy that He listens.
    Didn't mean to hijack your thread. You use those stamps any ole way you want to but I have a feeling it will have something to do with gardening, swaping, and SEEDS!
    Oh happy day!!!! Nik

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I don't mind anyone posting here, if you have a missing mishap please feel free to share it with the rest of us, goodness knows we all have lost SOMETHING and nearly drove ourselves NUTS looking for it!

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

I've lost my mind.
    If anyone should find it, please call, and I'll come pick it up.
    Thank you.

• heatherbon
    15 years ago

Ever lost your glasses only to find them on your head after tearing apart everyplace to find them. Lol my mother was the worst about that i think the one that cracked me up the most was when we found them in the freezer never did figure out how or why they were there. Too funny. Glad you found your stamps Fran.