Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dan_the_mailman

UPDATE: mnf: waiting for spring #4

dan_the_mailman
15 years ago

Hmmm, Linda is busy preparing to wintersow, and the last thread reached its limit, so I'll post this so the party can continue...

"Waiting for Spring"

Feathery snowflakes, drifting

covering the summer garden

with a deep blanket

of soft downy white

Protecting all that is

beneath it's icy folds,

gently lulling that

which will be born again

Winter winds blow,

yet still, beneath the earth

the flowers slumber

uncaring in their dormant state

Till the Spring sun

melts the snowy cover

and all that is asleep

rises and blooms again!

Sometimes waiting for spring can put you in the doldrums. This month we're all about getting through the "hump month" and into the mild weather of spring. We'll be exchanging garden themed items and seeds. Some examples could be: seeds, ususual seed catalogs or seed writeups, windchimes, bird feeders, gardening tools, treats or whatever it takes to make your partner smile! It can be funny, serious or seriously funny...the sky's the limit! This isn't about expensive boxes just something to keep our minds in the garden and out of the snowbanks. Warm weather states can share their off weather woes too...it doesn't matter where you are, you can still get the "waiting for spring" blues!

THE RULES (horns blowing and the brass band starting up)

#1 You have to be 18

#2 You are to send 5 or more seed packets

#3 sign up's are until the 10th and then partners will be assigned.

#4. The boxes are to be mailed out by January 25th

#5. The confirmation number is to be posted or sent to your partner (people like to know when it's arriving)

#6. This is all about fun and cheering up! Have a good time with it!

Now, let the party continue.....!

Comments (60)

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Vic! Good to hear from you! I don't know what you'll come up with for March, but I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun! As for those tumblin' tumbleweeds, would a lasso help? hehehe They'll be a lot of fun to grow, but I wouldn't have gone out in those temps with the cold wind either!

So, what's everyone up to today? Mark's probably got a bunch of kids over for the Game, but what about everyone else? I'm gonna spend my afternoon with my indoor garden, got some corn soaking right now and will be planting that before the day is over. Who knows? Maybe I'll be able to pick some sweet corn in March or April. Wouldn't that be cool??? Can't you just taste it? Maybe this'll help...

Kinda gets your mouth to watering, don't it? LOL!

Linda, you feeling any better yet? Here's something for you to hang on to while you recuperate...

HAVE A GOOD DAY EVERYONE, WHATEVER ELSE YOU DO!!!

Dan, Bump & Stella

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Dan,

How'd you know? I have 18 kids over here ages 10 to 21! We made 3 gallons of home made salsa. I put them all to work, cutting, dicing, mixing, etc... They had a blast. Most of them had never done anything like it. My boys said "DAD! They came to have a good time not to work!" But the kids that came over had a blast making it and now....

EATING IT! Three gallons won't last long. The ingredient list:

20 pounds of roma tomatoes, 5 pounds of yellow and 4 pounds of red onions, 1 head of elephant garlic, 12 bell peppers, 2 large bunches of green onions, 1 large bunch of cilantro, 2 cups apple cider vinegar, 2 pounds granny smith apples, 1 cup chili powder, 1 pound jalapenos, 1 pound pablano peppers, 1 bunch parsley and 1 pound sugar.

SWEET, HOT and TANGY!

It will be gone by half time...

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Just popping in to see how everyone is doing. Mark, You keep those kids in line!
    Dan, You be sure to share that corn when you get it.
    Linda, How are you feeling? Anything helped yet?
    Kathy, How's your back? I hope your helpers are letting you get your garden fix now and then.

I miss Bunny:( Nik

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Hello! I am back finally! We got hit pretty hard with the ice and just got power back this afternoon! It's been a long hard week and am thankful my family is all ok! I hope Melissa gets it back soon! My son lives by her and they have a large generator on his farm so they are ok. I lost pretty much some or all of every tree in my yard! And it's a big yard. Will probably take forever to clean, but no damage to my family or house! No phones, no gas, no stores, no anything until today!
    Becky, I will email you tomorrow. Just so much to try and catch up on and hard to do with all stuff needing done here also!
    Everyone stay warm and keep safe! Melinda

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Thanks for asking, everyone! I'm doing a little better. The spasms are slowing and not as bad as they have been. Walking is still pretty stiff, and bending/stooping are a no-no. Basically I have to avoid anything that strains the muscles in my back... which is just about everything! Sleeping is still very uncomfortable, I still wake up after just a few hours in pain. But that's not as bad as it has been either. Slow going, but it's going, thank heavens!

Cliff and I made a trip to the store earlier. Took us forever because walking is still very slow and stiff for me, had to use one of those blasted motorized carts and Cliff had to reach everything. But I got out of the house and felt like I was doing something constructive (even though he did all the work). But we did pick up some Jiffy greenhouses and some refill pellets for the ones I already have. So tomorrow I'm going to work on some seeds for the WOW swap and get a couple of trades packaged up for the mailman, then start on my tomatoes and peppers and a few other things that need some growing time. We figured this would be easier on me than trying to wintersow a lot of stuff, though I'm going to direct wintersow things like my morning glories, etc, that I know where I want them and that need stratification.

So, while healing is slow, I am getting better. And Cliff and the kids are working on ideas for ways I can garden even if the orthopedist's suggestion is surgery. I miss being able to garden easily and comfortably- something that I took for granted, I miss my job- which I lost, but once things are straight, I can reapply. I miss being able to do the things I'm use to doing and not being dependent- though Cliff and the kids in NO way make me feel like that.

The swaps and trades are helping, though. And I'll have gardens this year one way or another. Cliff and the kids will make sure of that :)

Toni, if that seed order doesn't come in tomorrow, I'm going to finish packing and mail out to you, then I'll mail the others later. Or are you in the WOW swap? I'll probably just go ahead and mail them on to you.

I miss Melissa too... I wish there was something I could do for her and her family. I only live 4 hours away from her.. but don't have room to put them up... if I could get ahold of her to find out what their needs are, Cliff said we could buy and ship them things from here... but I don't know if she's able to get mail right now. I'm going to try calling her tomorrow... hopefully her phone has a charge.

Kathy

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

I am so sorry for all of you that have been hit with the ice and snow. Been there, done that and it is not fun. We were out for 18 days at the longest stretch.

I really feel for Bunny. She just had the baby and now this...

On a good note: 3 gallons of salsa GONE! now the kids are making home made pizza. My boys were afraid of their geeky dad was going to embarrass them. Well, the kids have been in the kitchen making food and loving it. I guess the big geek isn't that bad after all. :)

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

Fran.. I just sent you a message with your conf.# for your package. Hope you like it.

Tammy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Thank Tammy,
    I replied back, as u know I didn't get to make it to the PO today. I will get it in there tomorrow...
    I am sure I will be thrilled with anything you wanted to send me :) I hope you are happy with yours as well.

:) Fran

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Being on the West Coast it's difficult to completely understand what ice storms are all about. But we had a small one when I was very young. We had a very large fruit orchard and many of our apple trees, cherry trees, pear trees etc were split in two from the weight of the ice. Our tragic weather is usually flooding and we get our share of that.

I feel so bad for those in the midst of the bad weather. Hope all will be better soon.

Kathy - I know what you mean with seed orders. I placed one over a month ago and found that they were awaiting a shipment from the W-coast to the E-Coast, to ship to me on the W-coast - Have I confused you enough? Anyway, I finally received a response from them and they will be sending my seeds that they have in stock then the ones that come in from the W-Coast when they get them.

Oh and yes, I'm in the Wow swap...I'm thinking I'm in every swap at this point :)
    Just kidding - lol.

Hope things keep getting better for you. Take care.

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Tammy's DC# is:
    03083390000077798046 I made it to the PO Tuesday...YEAH

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Toni, Cliff is mailing your box for me when he gets to work this morning. The DC# is 0308 0070 0001 4811 6173. I just hope the contents make up for it being late :( The second order still hasn't made it in, but I'll mail those to you separately. There are a few in there specifically for you, but the majority is in the box, so I'm not going to hold it up for just a few. Thankfully the first order came in!

I'm doing a little better. It seems that I'm getting through each day with a little less pain... but that's not exactly a completely good thing. That leads to me doing things-housework- and then I start going overboard. Then my back reminds me that I'm not suppose to be doing that. Still can't manage stairs alone. But, I am moving a lot more freely, especially considering how limited my range of motion was several weeks ago. So, it's getting better, I just have to remember that feeling better and better range of motion does NOT mean healed. It still takes very little muscle stress to remind me I'm not healed. I'm trying to be patient! But it's hard! The kids and Cliff have done a wonderful job keeping up the house, but ya know how it is- it's those little details! And my OCD is demanding they be taken care of. OCD that took a vacation while I was in so much pain and so drugged a couple weeks ago. LOL! But, I'm spending a lot of time playing with my seeds. I've got them more organized than they've ever been before! I've been getting other swaps and trades finished and out the door, but for the next couple days I'm going to be working hard on the WOW swap and get that mailed out. I'm glad that so many that are in the What's Left swap has said they're fine with doubles since we're still waiting for Patty's swap to come back. Makes it much easier and more motivating to go ahead and pack up the WOW swap.

Alright, I'm rambling again. It's 4:32 am, and I woke up in pain and am trying to distract myself... at ya'll expense :P

Kathy

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

By the way, I have a LOT of Vitex (Chaste Tree) seeds. Butterflies and Hummingbirds flock to them! I have several trade packets already made up with 20 seeds each, so if you're interested, email me. We can either do a trade or postage. I just have WAY more than I need! I'm going to wait a few days for everyone here and in the WOW swap to have a chance to claim them, then post on the Seed Exchange side. I already have about 20 packets ready and enough seed for at least 15-20 more, so don't be shy!

Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Chaste Tree info- from davesgarden

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

I can't wait to see what the last few boxes have inside. I really enjoy reading about what people send to each other.

Kathy, I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit better,. just don't over do it!

I hope everyone has a gteat day!

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Checking in....

Linda, thanks for hosting this fun swap!!!! I so enjoy reading all the cool things people send!

Melissa Bunny....I hope you are well! Thinking of you and your family!

Nikki, sent you an email yesterday!

Off to do some Wintersowing!

Have a great Wednesday!

Annie

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

I talked to Melissa (hazelnutbuny) a little while ago and posted an update thread, if anyone wants to take a look.

Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Hazelnutbunny Update!

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Kathy, just wanted to let you know I sent an email via GW...wanted to make sure it arrived. I should know better many of the emails sent to me via GW aren't coming through, so let me know if it arrived and if not, I'll send via my email program. I just got lazy and didn't open it up to send :o) lol

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Toni, was that the one about the Vitex seed? If so, yes I got it... lol, but it was already in your box that I mailed this morning! Sorry, I should have responded, but I've been working on the WOW swap! It's slow going for me with having to stop and change position, etc. But, if that's the one you're referring to, I did get it!

I noticed that Patty has started mailing back. I wasn't on the list of those mailed today :( I can't remember who all was, just that I wasn't! LOL, now how's that for memememe attitude?

Kathy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Woohoo, I got a box from Tammy after she wasn't supposed to send a box but she did and this is what she sent, such a sweetheart she is!!!

Box of Hot Cocoa Hazelnut Flavor with a cute note that says: Enjoy some hot cocoa on a cold day & think spring!
    Ghirardelli Squares Caramel
    Ghirardelli Squares White Mint
    Plaque that says Friends are the Sunshine of life
    Pack of 10 3" pots
    To do list in chocolate with a cupcake on it
    Seed and Suet for birds
    Cute little Flag with birds and birdhouses and bears on it
    Beautiful Blue Glass Vase (THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!)
    Seeds:
    Malva Windsor Castle (thanks so much!)
    Agastache Blue Fortune
    Milium 'Purple Majesty' (thanks so much!)
    Societ Garlic
    Agastache Blue Licorice
    Clasping Coneflower
    Stevia
    Poppy Double Oase
    Bellis Tasse Strawberries & Cream English Daisy

Tammy, I am in awe thank you so much. You really didn't have to...you were only supposed to send SEEDS!!! That is what we agreed on girl!

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Yes Kathy, it was bout the Vitex :) Oh Kewl I get some in my package :) Thank you :)

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

I know but you had to wait so long I felt bad. I am just glad to have you all on here you made me feel like you all cared and I really appreciate having you all as garden buddies.

I was praying the vase would make it there alright. I saw you collected colored glass and then I seen that at the store and thought of you.

Glad you liked everything.

Tammy

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

great box Tammy!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Linda ~ Just an fyi I just mailed out the envy today w/ the few remaining seeds that came in for you after I mailed the box.
    Hugs,
    Wendy

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

good heavens Wendy...I"m going ot have to make a "Wendy's Garden" in my yard...LOL

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

Hi all,

I got my package today.... yeah!

And she sent....
    Seed Envys
    Plant Labels
    package of 10 peat pellets
    A very lovely note with some excellent tips

And my seeeds
    Cucumber - White Wonder **I have been wanting to try these
    Zinnia - Green Envy *Yeah, I have been wanting this for a while.
    Carnation - Chaubaud Mix
    Melon - Canoe creek
    Melon - Isreali
    Peas - Blondies *A lot of seeds - Also been wanting to try these.
    Papver Oriental - Mixed
    Papaver Somiferum - Light & Dark purple *** I have really really been wanting these. Yes I know what they are and No I am not going to be doing that. These are the only poppys that have edible poppy seeds. YEAH. Lets Bake.
    Navy Beans
    White Icicle Radishes
    Blanket Flower - Gaillarida - Burgendy
    melon - Casaba
    Watermelon - Daisy or Yellow shipper - Yeah I have been wanting these also.

Fran you sent a great selection of what I wanted. My veggie garden is complete. Thanks for the great tips. I can't wait to try some of the new veggies.

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

I got my box of goodies yesterday and I finally found the posting thread it belongs to!I hope it belongs here!
    The box contained:
    1.A personalized card with 'A note from Shirley' on it telling me she's missed me posting on the forum, that is so sweet she noticed .
    G. A tiny greenhouse with peat pellets in each cut.
    R a red sun visor
    0 an oven mit and dish towel
    L "Love lies bleeding' seeds I love it. But why is it called that? Planted. and 3 Lilium bulbs to boot!
    I iris seeds'Clyde Redmond' planted too
    K Kinky cute bracelet
    E Earrings
    C Coffee, cookies & Mug and church cookbook, will try the 'Tahitian Ham ' fur sure!
    R Runner beans 'Painted Lady' planted
    A Angel to watch over me- Thank you for caring about me.
    Z Zinnia Envy, chartreuse color, my favorite color!
    Y Yellow Lupine seeds Yeah, I was all out of Lupines!!!

Thank you so much Shirley! Chris

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Yay! Toni's box is getting close! It's at least in WA now! It left Federal Way yesterday. So how close is that, Toni? Perhaps today or tomorrow? Or is it still a ways from you? I'm really getting excited for you to get it and open it!

Excellent boxes everyone! The one from Shirley spelling out Chris' GW ID is very innovative!

Kathy

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Great job Shirley!

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Kathy - It means I'll have it Monday YAY!!!!. It will be processed at the PO today and will come across on the boat tomorrow, but won't be put in the mail box til monday as the work M-F. If it made today's boat, I could have it today. It is possible hehehe I'll know by noon.

Oh I'm so excited!!!

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Toni,

LOL! Now I'm really getting excited! I hope it made it on today's boat! OMG! I just checked and it says :

Label/Receipt Number: 0308 0070 0001 4811 6173

Your item was delivered at 7:43 AM on February 6, 2009 in STEILACOOM, WA 98388.

WooHoo!!! I'm hoping that means you'll have it today!!!!

Kathy

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Oh that's too exciting...but if it didn't get there today...it's gonna be SO hard waiting 'til Monday lol.

Just knowing that package is sitting in the mail room waiting for me and I can't get it??? Ohh the anxiety LOL!!Fingers are crossed that the mail room workers got it across today :)

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

LOL! I know! So... has your mail run yet today?!?

Kathy

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

IT CAME IT CAME!!!!! I GOT MY PACKAGE!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I have to say Im speechless!!

My amazing package arrived from Kathy and my DS and I have been sifting through all of the goodies.

I canÂt believe how much trouble youÂve gone through for this swap. Bless your heart! I hope you know it wasnÂt necessary, but everything is very much appreciated.

Tell your DSÂs that my DS absolutely LOVES his treasures. He was so excited to hear me read the letter that was enclosed.

Here are the things my DS received in his portion of the swap Â

An adorable garden gnome decoration. Â ItÂs so cute :)
    A Garfield garden trowel  HeÂs psyched about this one
    Mini Pin Wheels to whirl around his little garden in the wind
    Gel Stickers  Insect Collection
    A grow me worm  IÂm still trying to figure out how this one works, but DS has it figured out.
    And a Big Magnifier  His eyes lit up with this one :)
    And for DSÂs seedsÂ.
    Dusty Miller
    Eyeball Plant
    Teddy Bear Sunflower
    Tumbling Tom
    Ornamental Grass  Bunny Tails
    Lunaria  Money Plant
    Chinese Houses
    Dragonshead Mix
    Monkey Flower
    And Dwarf Blue Balloon Flower

WOW!!! ThatÂs quite a package :)

Now for my package of goodiesÂ

Extra little labeled baggies for seeds  YAY!!!
    A little package of terra cotta pots  Love these :)
    My own Garden Gnome Ornament Stake
    A Lady bug wind sock  This is so cute!
    A Sculptured Trivet that says " Friends Are The Sunshine Of Life" Really cute I love this!
    A pair of garden gloves  These come in SO handy :)
    A package of 25 Jiffy Pots
    Christmas Tree Granules  Gonna put this with the Tree stand so we have it ready for our tree next year :)
    A really cute 3 Birds ornament
    A package of note cards with a beautiful scene of Trees and Daffodils and a stream with a river boat
    And for the live stuffÂ
    Bulbs  and there are 2-10 of each!!!
    Pink Beauties Glads
    Plum Tart Glads
    Yellow Flower Song Glads
    Ice Follies Daffodils
    Hageri Tulips
    Queen of the Night Tulips
    Mixed Crocus
    Purple Sensation Allium
    Red Onion Sets
    De Cean Anemones
    And seedsÂ.
    Vitex  Chaste Tree
    Texas Blue Bonnets
    French Marigolds
    Lemon Cucumber
    Viola  Bowles Black
    Kentucky Wisteria Purple
    Helianthus Italian White
    Pampas Grass White
    Patty Pan Summer Squash
    Cinnamon Basil
    Sunflower  Vanilla Ice
    Olenka Tomato
    Spacemaster Tomato
    Helleborus Winter
    White Beauty Tomato
    Sedum  Voodoo
    Sweet Pea King Size
    Oregano
    Sunflower Velvet Queen
    Cephalaphora Aromatica
    Chamomile
    Chocolate Mint
    Licorice Basil
    Lupinus E. Dwarf Pink Fairy
    Early White Scallop Bush squash
    Purple Hull Pea
    Polish Pride Clematis
    German Chamomile
    Cucumber Long White
    Johnny Jump Up
    Orange Thyme
    Patty Pan squash
    Lobelia Blue Cascade
    Clematis  Single Purple
    Red Rose  Red Rose
    Zinnia  California Giants
    Purple Haze Carrot
    Holy Basil

And that leaves me with a HOLY COW!!!

Thank you so much Kathy. This was an amazing box! DS is still going through all of his seeds and so excited about planting them :) YouÂve made a little boyÂs season and his smile is from ear to ear.

Thank you also for all of the wonderful bulbs and seeds and goodies. Planning that garden nowÂgotta make room for all these treasures :)

Thank you Thank You Thank you!!!

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Toni, I'm so happy you liked everything! Hehe... I told you a lot of your wants list was covered. So how close did I get? I'm very happy that you little man liked his too! Vince and Devin were so excited to share their gardens with him. Now, a couple of explanations that I didn't put into the letter:

The Christmas Tree granules are the same thing that are used in flowering pots to hold and slowly release water to the plants. I got several packets at the after Christmas sales and thought they would be easier to share than scooping out little baggies full from my large jar.

I thought the bird's ornament would be nice either for your Christmas tree next year, or as a pot sitter for some of your potted plants. The bulbs were extras that I'm not going to be planting, but are ones that I'm very much looking forward to enjoying next year. Many of the seeds you received, aside from a few special ones from your wants list, were ones that I'm planting this year, or planted last year and really enjoyed! There were a couple that I ordered for you, then decided I was interested in trying them as well, so ordered some for myself as well :) Most of the heirlooms I had already.

Oh, and in the bottom of the box, there should have been some pansy printed hanging planter bags... they were in there, right? I thought they might be nice for you to do some hanging plants, veggies or herbs to keep the deer out of them.

I thought it was really cool that your wants coincided with a lot of things I had to share! I do have a couple more things that I'm hoping will arrive soon. I noticed that you were wanting some dinosaur gourds. My boys wanted some as well, so we ordered some. If they arrive in time, they and a couple other things will be in your WOW swap packet.

Did I make up for mailing so late? :)

Kathy

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

WOW yes I did find the flower bags. Those are really awesome!!! I've never seen them or used them for that matter, so they'll be interesting.

You didn't need to make up for being late, but you sure did cover a large portion of my wish list :)

Love the idea of the Christmas Tree granuals. I'll keep them out :)

I'm just so excited about getting these things in the ground!!! I have a lot of new items to try out that I've never grown before, so this season is going to be so much fun. And you've helped make it that way :)

Thank you so much.

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

what great boxes!! Everyone did a great job...

I planted my first WSing jug today..I was experimenting to see how to do it. I planted "unknown comos" I figured if I screwed them up, I could get more of those..."L" Going to do more over the weekend!

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

I didn't want this thread to be lost as I am sending out Melinda's box tomorrow. I know we're late, but we're okay with it.

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

as long as you're okay with it, I'm okay with it...

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Hi Becky! I too am sending this afternoon or in the am! I have just been busy spending my time trying to replant and clean from the ice storm! I will let you know the dc# when I mail. Thanks so much! Melinda

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Melinda your confirmation number is:

Enjoy!
    Becky

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bumpity bump bump

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Thanks Becky!! I will be mailing yours in the am. Just didn't feel like going anywhere today! So sorry! But it is going in the am. I will let you know the dc# and I'll let you know when I get my box! Melinda

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Wendy,
    I received your envie in the mail today. Thanks for the bunny tails, black dragon coleuis and wormwood. I can't wait to plant these! "G"

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

You are very welcome Linda! :) I waited forever it seems for that Coleus! lol I hope you enjoy it.

~Wendy

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Becky-first I apologize for not thanking you yesterday for the wonderful box I got from you! And also that I didn't get out the last couple days to go to the po! Sorry! I just felt under the weather and didn't get out! The dc# for your package is---0308 0730 0000 2417 2779.
    And for my box I loved it-
    Gobs of seeds and loved them all!
    Also a whole sack full of homemade seed envelopes! Thanks so much! That had to have taken some time to make all of those. They will be definitely used!
    Also got large bottle of hand lotion-also needed!
    cutest little frog plant ties!
    garden shovel-needed also
    garden journal, note pads, 2 kinds, magnetic shopping list
    garden gloves
    bag of spice drops, almond kisses, and snickers candy bars!! Nummy, nummy!!!
    paperweight that I can add my own pic to.
    homemade addy labels
    and a vase
    I enjoyed the box very much! Thanks from the bottom of my heart. It will all be used very much!
    Great selection of seeds!!
    Thanks again, Melinda

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Linda, how are we doing on who has sent/received boxes? We must be getting close, eh? I e-mailed you this afternoon, did it get through to you?
    -Dan

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Dan,
    I haven't received any emails from you for over a week! I think I sent about 6 to you and hadn't received any answers. I thought you were hip deep in seeds and didn't have time to answer me..wonder what's going on with the email????

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

WooHoo! I received my box from Melinda today. It was packed full of wonderful goodies. She sent

chocolate covered peanuts
    chocolate peanut clusters
    a garden puzzle to keep me occupied until spring
    brown paper bags to collect seeds in
    a package of floral note cards
    a journal for gardening
    a windowsill greenhouse
    plastic seed envelopes
    jiffy peat pellets
    sharpie ultra fine point markers
    a package of address labels
    a package of bubble envelopes
    two adorable bunnies for my garden
    a packet of gardeners hand therapy
    and the following abundance of seeds:
    Jacob Cline monarda
    cosmos picotee
    pony tails stipa grass
    marigold citrus mix
    cambridge blue sage
    black prince snapdragon
    royal bride snapdragon
    calendula bon bon mix
    cereinth shrimp plant
    sidaldea rosanna
    salvia east friesland
    malva bibor felho
    dianthus siberian blues
    chianti sunflower
    limonium latifolium sea lavender
    liatris floristan white
    phlox david
    nasturtium moonlight
    nasturtium scarlet gleam
    nemesia shooting stars
    nasturtium dwarf cherry rose
    nasturtium empress of india
    delphinium blue duet mix
    oneothera pink petti coats
    nasturtium night and day
    columbine dorothy rose
    columbine rose and ivory
    helenium mardi gras
    columbine cardinal
    columbine winky blue and white
    rudbeckia cherry brandy
    rudbeckia goldilocks
    rudbeckia kelvedon star

Melinda you rock! I love everything! There were so many seeds from my want list and I can't wait to try all of the others too. I'm playing hookie from school today to wait for the man to come and install the phone and new internet so this was a wonderful surprise for me. I was sad because I had the day off and nothing to wintersow but you made my day. Thank you so much! You did a wonderful job!
    Becky

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

You are more than welcome Becky!! I am glad you liked it! I hope they all do wonderful for you! And didn't you think those little rabbits were cute! I saw them and they just made me think of spring so much, I couldn't resist! Almost didn't give them away!LOL! Sorry so late, but had to wait for some of the seeds! But I think that makes this swap done. Thanks so much for having me in this! I loved it all! Thanks, Melinda

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Everyone did a great job with the swap! I now pronounce this swap closed!..."banging down gavel"

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

.....standing up and waiting for Judge Linda to exit the courtroom.....

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH