Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
panhandle_seed_swap

UPDATE: January O.B.F. Member's Re-Purposed Fun Part 2

We'll continue the fun on this thread, when the other is full. :) Thank you!

Please mail your used Christmas card crafts and seed packet (or small gift) from your recipient's GW Want List BEFORE Saturday, January 24th. Thank you!

Voting, by email, begins on January 29th or as soon as all the packages are received.

IMPORTANT: if your crafts are not received by January 28th, you will not be able to be in the contest, so please mark the mailing deadline on your calendar! Thank you!

I've attached a link to "Part 1", below. Please refer back to it when voting. Erica's entry is posted there. Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Re-Purposed Fun Part 1

Comments (151)

• patton40
    9 years ago

Glad to help out with your 'ah ha' moment margo! It would be great to see them when you make them!

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Susan, I love the OBF book you made. Great idea. I like all these sending and receiving pictures, too. Mary

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Well more awesome ideas for Christmas cards...I can't believe how everyone comes up with these super cool ideas.

Promise-I found the bulbs the other day at Wal-Mart and went a little overboard buying but wanted to get the ones I wanted before they sold out.

The Company I work for has been laying off workers all week...so scary. I bowed my head and thanked God for staying with the Company as long as I have. They are going by seniority and I have been there 32 years. Heard locally we have another Company shutting down their operation in 18 months so more folks will be with out of a job here.

If anyone is interested in daylilies Gilbert H. Wild is having a buy One Get One free sale. A good way to keep one and trade one with traders on GW.

https://www.gilberthwild.com/inforequest.asp.

Night ladies.

Shirley

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Shirley thanks for the link. I love those pinecone owls you made and Christine's vibrant sparkly church and Susan's OBF book and all the practical things, too. This time last year, I wasn't even thinking about seeds. Mary E.

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Today is the mailing deadline! Good job everyone... so many lovely used Christmas card crafts.

Voting begins anytime on January 29th. Please send me an email with your vote and I'll reply to it, so you know that I received it. Thank you!

We just need updates from Dawn (dmkelly) and Sue G. (sguanzon). Thank you!

Dawn (dmkelly) - Sent??? and Received
    SENDS TO:
    Margo (smitties) - Sent

Sue G. (sguanzon) - Sent??? and Received
    SENDS TO:
    Suzanne (hibiscusfan) - Sent

Please let me know if I've missed any updates.

Sheri

• Christine00
    9 years ago

i have the february swap up now

• patton40
    9 years ago

I received my package from Ann today! I will post pics this evening when i get all the pics uploaded.

• patton40
    9 years ago

These are the christmas ornaments Ann made for me! Will definitely be putting them on my tree next year!

{{gwi:2131530}}

• patton40
    9 years ago

Here is the awesome little gift bag that Ann made! She crocheted the handle and a little flower on the handle and a cute little puppy gift tag. Inside is confetri she made with shredded christmas cards and two suckers. One cafe latte and the other is chocolate . Yummy! I. Cant wait to try them!

{{gwi:2131531}}

• patton40
    9 years ago

Here are the awesome gift tags that Ann made and i will definitely be using these next year!

{{gwi:2131532}}

• patton40
    9 years ago

Here are all the seeds Ann sent to me and i will be growing them all this year. Some i have never heard of and others i have been wanting for a long time. And the little magnetic hands, perfect for me. They will come in so handy for me. I dont know about yall but i feel like i got the best package. I really appreciate all of the time and care that Ann put into my package. Thank you so much Ann! I love all of it!

{{gwi:2131533}}

• dm_kelly
    9 years ago

This has been a crazy busy week! It's the end of the semester and grade were due today. Quite a few of my students change out to another class so grades had to be close to final before today. That's meant long days and not leaving work before 6 once this week. It's also meant that Margo's package has kept me company in the car all week. It was posted early this afternoon and should be there Monday.

Dawn

This post was edited by dmkelly on Fri, Jan 23, 15 at 18:23

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Jamie-Nice package from our Annie...she always does an excellent job on her boxes.

It's going to be so hard deciding on the winner I may get Eddie involved.

Ladies if you have not seen American Sniper please do....an excellent movie.

Shirley

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Really good job, Annie! Great photos, Jamie. Thank you!

Thank you for the update, Dawn. I'm excited to see what you made. :)

Christine, thank you so much for hosting February.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Sheri

• toomanyanimals
    9 years ago

Jamie, Anne sent you an awesome box!
    Yep, it will be a tough choice...... but still more to see. And I will be watching. :o)

Shirley, I'm so sorry to hear of the layoffs. :o(

sharon

• skyblue52
    9 years ago

hello everyone This was such a great swap. The repurpose was a great theme. I think January is like that. With all the excitment of Christmas. You hit January and eat what in the fridge, clean out the drawers and rethink what you really use enough to keep around..On to the sweet month of Febuary. Thought of seeds to start. Susan

• canyonwind
    9 years ago

Shirley, Chris Kyle is one of my heros!!! The movie has been so packed, we have not been able to get in to see it....but we will be hitting a matinee on Thursday. So looking forward to it!!

Ant the layoffs at work, how unfortunate!!

Happy weekend!!

Annie

• toomanyanimals
    9 years ago

Shirley, We went and saw American Sniper tonight.
    Broke my heart.

• smitties
    9 years ago

I received a pretty birthday card with beautiful pink flowers on the front today from Mary/cottonwood. Thank you Mary for thinking of me. Margo

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Sharon-The movie broke my heart too...so very sad. I will definitely buy it when it comes out on video. That one is a keeper.

Annie-Chris Kyle is my hero too...a legend as they say. Our theatre has been packed out every showing. I had Eddie go early on Friday to nab our seats and then I met him when I got off work.

Margo-I need to go back and see if you posted you received my B-Day card I sent. For some reason I don't remember the post. So glad you got to celebrate the whole month of January.

Night ladies.

Shirley

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Margo, celebrate all year, like I do!

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good morning! Feel free to post any photos of your used Christmas card crafts. Today and tomorrow are the last days to do so. Really good job, everyone!!!

You can vote anytime on Thursday, January 29th by emailing me. Thank you!

Sheri

• smitties
    9 years ago

Dawn's package did not arrive as she thought it would but we still have today and tomorrow. Dawn, do you have a DC # although I am sure it will arrive today. In all the years I have traded, I have had no swap packages have ever been lost, just late.

Will keep you posted. Margo

• dm_kelly
    9 years ago

Margo, I'm not finding the receipt which means it's either at work or hubby threw it out. Hopefully it gets there tomorrow. I've had a couple of trades take an extra time but you're right, they show up. I won't ruin the surprise by posting pictures of the crafts but the seeds made it to you and that's the important part :)

Things have been crazy this month. I think I'm ready for January to be over!

Dawn

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Go ahead and post your own photos, if you mailed your package by the deadline. Tomorrow is "voting day"! Yippee!

Any OBF Member can vote, even if you weren't in this swap. Email me your vote and I will reply, to let you know that I got it.

Fun swap everyone, thank you!!!

Sheri

• smitties
    9 years ago

Thanks Dawn, hopefully it will show up today. If not, go ahead and post your photo. I just won't look. At least you can be in the contest that way. Margo

• smitties
    9 years ago

My package from Dawn arrived today. Well worth the wait. She made three cute gift bags, gift tags, little cards I can use to decorate my own bags or use as tags, and a book mark. Last week I received part one which was two packs of seeds sent direct from Burpee. Old Mexico zinnias and Oktoberfest calendula. Thank you Dawn. I believe you once said you are not creative. Well, you proved yourself wrong. I love it all. Margo

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

dmkelly Dawn, that stuff is adorable ! You rocked it! Mary E.

This post was edited by cottonwood468 on Wed, Jan 28, 15 at 22:51

• dm_kelly
    9 years ago

I'm so glad it made it to you Margo and that you like it! I was going to start worrying if it didn't make it there today.

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you for posting that photo so quickly, Margo. :)

Dawn, love the gift bags and VERY thoughtful of you to send those commercial seeds directly to Margo from Burpee.

Please email your vote to me (don't post here). Five of you have voted already and each person has voted for a different OBF member.! Wow... this is going to be close!!!

Sheri

• smitties
    9 years ago

Sheri, if it comes out to be a vote of one for each , perhaps you can have us all vote again but on our top 3 favorites. If there is a tie with the first vote, we could all vote again on just the ones who tied to find a grand winner.

Just a thought. Margo

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you to everyone who has voted! I didn't get votes from the members listed below, yet. Please re-send, if you emailed me and I missed it. Every vote emailed to me got a reply. Thanks again!

Votes Needed From:

Erica (EricaBraun)
    Shirley (brittneysgran)
    Faye (nottougly)
    Sue G. (sguanzon)
    Suzanne (hibiscusfan)

This post was edited by Panhandle_Seed_Swap on Fri, Jan 30, 15 at 7:40

• bluee19
    9 years ago

Hip Hip Horray, can't wait to find out who wins!! Every1 did a great job and gave me ideas on what to do on how to re-purpose things!!

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm going to post the winner at 1:00 PM CST today. Many members have already voted, thank you! There is still just a little time to vote, if you haven't!

Sheri

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Oh time to vote again! I'm in Chicago.

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

I spent nearly an hour looking at all the pictures yesterday before giving up on trying to vote. So many people did such great jobs, it was impossible to decide.

• smitties
    9 years ago

I received a birthday card today from Shirley. The front has a pretty picture of lilies. She also included a little notebook with flowers and ladybugs on it. Thank you so much Shirley. I can always use a notebook. I write a lot of notes at work as well as for gardening. Thanks so much for thinking of me. Margo

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Congratulations to Christine! She is our winner!

Christine, you should have a $10.00 Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Co. Online Gift Certificate waiting for you in your inbox!!!

Thank you to everyone who participated in this months swap.

Sheri

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Congratulations, Christine!

• smitties
    9 years ago

Congratulations to Christine. A job well done by everyone. A big thank you to you Sheri for a wonderful swap. I had a great time.

Margo

• Christine00
    9 years ago

wow! thank-you everyone! i really enjoyed this swap:) it was interesting

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Erica, I'm with you on that, it was a tough call. Special congrats to my repurposed recipient, Christine!
    Mary E.

• patton40
    9 years ago

Awesome christine! Way to go! Congrats!

• dawn1972
    9 years ago

Congratulations Christine!!!!!

• Christine00
    9 years ago

thank-you! i am thrilled:))

• canyonwind
    9 years ago

Christine, well done!! Congratulations! And congratulations to everyone else, for doing one heck of a great job! I picked up quite a few ideas from all of you wonderful OBFERS!

And thank you again Sheri, for a very fun and creative swap!!!!!

Happy weekend to all!

Annie

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

I agree with Annie a lot of great ideas now for Christmas cards.

Christine-Congratulations to you.

Shirley

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks again everyone! This thread is almost full, so we'll just move to Christine's OBF thread soon. Thank you!

Suzanne, please post on the OBF February thread when you get your package from Sue G., if this one is full. Thank you!

Sheri

• toomanyanimals
    9 years ago

I have to add my congrats to Christine too!