Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Incredible Edibles: Seed Clean Out

Posted by booberry85 z5NY (becky@leadsafe.us) on
Thu, Jan 1, 09 at 7:02

Happy New Year!

Ok, so you've gotten all your new catalogs and decided what you're going to order. You've pulled out a pen and paper a dozen times to design the spring garden. Before you order those seeds, don't you think you should clean some out of your stash?!

Good! I'm glad you decided to do so! You'll feel better. Those seeds that have just sat there will go to someone that will use them and you may get a few things you want too.

HERE"S HOW IT WORK

*This will be for edibles only. These can be vegetables, fruits, herbs and edible flowers.
* Viable seeds only please!
* It is NOT intended to be a swap to building your stash. It is truly meant to clean out your stash of seeds. Since it is a seed clean out there is a good chance of you getting less seeds back. Unwanted seeds are being donated to Need 4 Seed, an organization that distributes seeds to those in need.
* Please send a list of seeds that you have sent along with a list of seeds you do not wish to receive. Make sure to include both your name & GW name on the list.
* Please send a list of wants. Make sure to include both your name & GW name on the list.
* Please make sure your "want list" is up to date on GW.
* You will need to send me a SASBE and enough postage to get your package back to you.
* I will look at people's trade lists and wish lists to see what their wants are. If there are seeds to match or come close to your wants you'll get them. If there are seeds that are questionable, I'll post a "Going Once, Going Twice" where someone can speak up if they want them. To keep the time table moving it'll be posted for 3 days. If no one claims them at the end of 3 days, they'll go to Need 4 Seed. The rest will be donated to Need 4 Seed. For example: I have enough cabbage seeds to feed a small army. If someone desires these seeds in our group, there yours! If not, I will gladly donate these to Need 4 Seed. I don't expect anything back in return for them.

Please sign up by January 24. Please have seeds into me by January 31. The first week in February will start the "Going Once, Going Twice" posts. Seeds to go out the second week in February. Make sure to update your trade lists!"

Happy Gardening!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Incredible Edibles: Seed Clean Out

I NEED THIS!! Count me in:)

Deb

o

• Posted by sunnyk Z6 SW Coastal CT (My Page) on
    Thu, Jan 1, 09 at 16:42

Count me in for this one :-)

o

Sign me up PLEASE!

Nancy

o

I've emailed everyone with an address to send the seeds. Thanks for joining!

o

count me in ill bite.

o

Gardenbingo, welcome! I see you just joined the Gardenweb the end on December. I'll need your email address so I can send you an address to send your seeds.

Becky

o

Ok, I know there are more of you that need to clean out your seed stashes. Time to make a New Years Resolution and get that seed collection under control!

o

Please count me in too.

o

We have a good group so far! Participating are:

Booberry85 / Becky
Austinnhanasmom / Deb
SunnyK / Donna
Luvgardening2 / Nancy
Gardeningbingo - Need email address
Grovespirit / Iris

o

Sign me up please, I have a few packets that I can contribute. :)

o

Glad you're joining, Kathy!

o

Howdee there

Im soo in I have far to many seed for just one swap

Acres

o

Glad to have you with us, Acres!

o
RE: Incredible Edibles: People Participating

Here's the list of people participating:

Booberry85 / Becky
Austinnhanasmom / Deb
SunnyK / Donna
Luvgardening2 / Nancy
Gardeningbingo - Need email address
Grovespirit / Iris
Southerncharm1 / Kathy
Purpleacres

Everyone should have received an email from me with the address to send the seeds.

Gardeningbingo, I still need your email address.

o

Howdee

Great to be in your swap. Sounds like a fun one.

Acres

you can call me Tracy, Becky you have been the first one to sign up to my acres swap for the last three years. But, hey even my hubby calls me purple sometimes. I truly wonder why? could it because I live in a purple house and drive a purple Fj cruiser or maybe because Im always wearing purple. I think I just like purple. haha

Acres

o

Hey, I 'm in...just thought I would let you know for sure :) Fran

o

Hey Tracy, there's nothing wrong with purple. Purple is my favorite color. I just didn't know if you wanted your name out "in public."

Fran on the other hand....
:)

Glad you're joining us, Fran. I'll email you with the address shortly.

o

This is starting to look like it's getting a great turnout! :) I know there are more folks out there with an excess of seeds... ;) Come on don't be shy... lol

o

Just a little update. There's still plenty of time to join!

Booberry85 / Becky
Austinnhanasmom / Deb
SunnyK / Donna
Luvgardening2 / Nancy
Gardeningbingo - NEED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
Grovespirit / Iris
Southerncharm1 / Kathy
Purpleacres /Tracy

ncgardengirl / Fran is a maybe

o

Good News!

Two people contacted me privately and are going to be donating some of their seeds to the swap! This did a lot to perk up my spirits. In these economic hard times, people need the kindness of others to help see them through.

Big thanks to those two and a big thank you to all those participating.

o

I don't have that many "extras" since I just barely started gardening this fall (I should have plenty next year, though). I love Need 4 Seed and wanted to donate some things I had bought too much of, but I really don't think that anyone joining this swap wants them, AND I don't have that many different varieties. I guess I'm wondering if I should join or not....

Blessings,
Angela

o

Angela,

I sent you an email.

Becky

o

Thanks so much for the message, Becky! I am happily joining and hope that my seeds will go to others who need/want them because of this swap!

Now, I just have to get over this aweful cold. My throat feels like it's on fire... that's when I'm not asleep in bed, but it does wake me from the pain... ugggh... I just took something for the fever and am about to get back in bed... I hope it's almost over....

Blessings,
Angela

o

Oh, goodness, Angela! I hope you feel better. I'm glad you decided to join the group!

o
RE: Incredible Edibles: Seed s Received

WhooHoo! I received, today, the first package of seeds for the swap. It was from one of the private donors I mentioned above. Great seeds! Thanks so much!

There's still time for people to sign up!

o

Here's an update update. There's still plenty of time to join!

Booberry85 / Becky
Austinnhanasmom / Deb
SunnyK / Donna
Luvgardening2 / Nancy
Grovespirit / Iris
Southerncharm1 / Kathy
Purpleacres /Tracy
Angelady / Angela

o

I would like to join. I can not offer much since I am fairly new to gardening.
This is what I have:

Yarrow-apple blossom
cucumber
parsley
anise hysop
catnip

I would be interested in
Ornamental eggplant
Thyme
Rosemary
Oregano
Pineapple Sage (perennial)
Sweet Bay

Thanks in advance for the offer!

Dancinqueene/pam

o

Hi Pam! Glad to have you join us! I'll email you shortly.

o

There's bound to be a few more that have been lurking and want in, too....

Think about who your seeds will bless.... either someone here, as well as several of the seeds will move on to a wonderful organization, "Need4Seed" (visit groups at Yahoo to learn more).

I just know you can handle one more little 'ole swap, can't ya?

Blessings,
Angela

o

just double checking the date seeds have to be in to you.

Acres

o

Seed packages should be received by me by the end of January. Tracy, I know I've received packages from you in as little as 4 days.

o

Tue, Jan 13, 09 at 10:05

The seeds went out in the mail this morning,so they should be there this weekend or early next week. :-)

Donna : )

o

sign me up please

many thanks

haymay

please email your postal address and i bet i can get them in the mail today

o

We've had a couple of new people join the swap. Welcome aboard Dancinqueene and Haymay!

Here's an update. There's still plenty of time to join!

Booberry85 / Becky
Austinnhanasmom / Deb
SunnyK / Donna
Luvgardening2 / Nancy
Grovespirit / Iris
Southerncharm1 / Kathy
Purpleacres /Tracy
Angelady / Angela
Dancinqueene / May
Haymay

o

I have a bit to share! Please count me in. :]

Terri

o

Terri, glad you're joining us!

o

Welcome, welcome! I am excited about cleaning out my seeds along with some others... boy, wish we had more time to get them together, but that's my fault as I overextended myself with these very addictive round robins right, then had to be sick for well over a week now.... Thank God there's a light at the end of the tunnel as I'm starting to feel half human again.... :-)..... I shall try to remember to take my Vitamin C every single day from now on!

Blessings,
Angela

o

I just plotted out my garden on paper. So many seeds so little space!!! The bad thing is I increased the size of the garden last year. Anyway in figuring out what would fit, I realize I have a lot more to clean out of my stash of seeds. I have a lot of varieties I love, but even within 3-5 years, I don't think I'd be able to plant them all.

o

Okay...I want to join this is for edibles only right?(like...edible flowers, veggies, fruits and herbs)..I need to clean out some seeds...hopefully some one will post a flower clean out swap...

But! First I have a few questions:
1. Booberry- If you are really offering cabbage i would love some!
2. Is seed tape allowed?
3. If i send my seeds in a bubble envie then can i send money and a label for u to send the envie back? Or do i need to mail another envie for the seeds i am getting?

Thanks!
Kamil

o

I would like to join if there is still time. Thanks clay_lady

o

Hi Kamil,

Yes, this is for edibles only.

1. I'll set aside the cabbage for you!
2. Seed tape is fine
3. If you'd like to put money in for postage, instead of stamps, that's fine. Just send one bubble envie (along with the return address sticker) in good shape and I'll re-use it for what you get back.

Kamil, please let me know if you're definitely in. We'd love to have you join the group.

Clay Lady, Welcome to the swap!

o
Yes!

YES! Of course I will join! I have lots of seeds that need to be cleaned out!

Kamil

And I want some Cabbage Seeds! <(^,^)>

o

We've had a few more people join us since I last updated.

Booberry85 / Becky
Austinnhanasmom / Deb
SunnyK / Donna
Luvgardening2 / Nancy
Grovespirit / Iris
Southerncharm1 / Kathy
Purpleacres /Tracy
Angelady / Angela
Dancinqueene / May
Haymay
Roflol / Terri
Clay Lady
Kamiljablo / Kamil

o

WoooHoooo! More friendly faces popping in and joining us! Welcome to everyone!

:-)..... :-)..... :-)..... :-)..... :-).....

Blessings,
Angela

o

Thu, Jan 15, 09 at 11:19

I am so happy that more folks are joining this swap :-)

and Angela, I am glad that you are feeling better...or at least half human lol...I loved that description lol! : )

Donna : )

o

Whoo Hoo! I received seeds from Donna / Sunny K today. What a great select! Donna, if those are your clean out seeds, you must have an amazing stash you're keeping!
:)

o
RE: Incredible Edibles: Seed Donations

I think gardeners are some of the luckiest and most generous people. I'm feeling very fortunate to be a part of the gardening community! I just had another person contact me today about donating seeds to the swap. It really does wonders to perk up my spirits! I really do feel fortunate!

o

Thu, Jan 15, 09 at 19:40

Oh I am so glad that you got them...I always worry that they will get lost somewhere in transit. I finally get to breath a sigh of relief when they arrive at their new homes :-)

o

Thanks, Donna! I'm feeling significantly better today. Whew... I was starting to think it would never end... LOL

Becky, it is so wonderful to see how people care and give, especially gardeners! I can't tell you how much it's meant to me to hang out with GW gardeners here. It's lifted my spirit and made me start feeling again that people really are still good-natured. The people here have hearts of gold!

I also want to say a big thank you for those giving to the swap. It's going to help so many people who need it through Need4Seed! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Blessings,
Angela

o

SIGN ME UP!!!... if you still can anyway. :) Btw, my GW list will not let me update.
Abby

o

With the exception of Gardeningbingo, I have emailed everyone with the address to send the seeds. If you haven't received an email from me, please let me know.

Gardeningbingo, I still need your email address.

o

Welcome, Abby! As for updating your page, I just updated mine today. I put the link below... it might seem stupid if you already went to the right place, but just wanting to help if you didn't... then, just be sure to hit the button at the bottom of the page for it to remember your changes. Is that what you did?

Blessings,
Angela

Here is a link that might be useful: Edit Your Exchange Page link

o

Abby, I'm so sorry! Welcome to the swap!

o
RE: Seed Clean Out: Seeds received

Hello Everyone!

I received seeds from Haymay today. Lots of great "keepers" in there. So far I'm impressed with the seeds people are cleaning out of their stashes!

o

Becky - I was wondering about packing the seeds. Should we send them like we would individually for a trade? Is there a specific way that Need4Seed likes theirs? I've been meaning to check on that, but haven't found the time.

Well, okay... As I was writing this, I went to look at the files section for Need4Seed and didn't find any info there... should I email Robin to see what they prefer and then post what she says here?

Blessings,
Angela

o

Angela, that would be great of you to do. I wrote a message on the seed exchange under her post asking for her address just today.

o

Okay, I wrote the Need4Seed group asking about packing seeds. I do have her address, too, if you need me to send it, so just let me know if you don't hear back from her soon (which, I'm sure you will).

Blessings,
Angela

o

Robin of Need 4 Seed emailed me today. Big thanks to everyone in advance! I do have Need 4 Seed's address.

People Participating:

Booberry85 / Becky - received seeds
Austinnhanasmom / Deb
SunnyK / Donna - received seeds
Luvgardening2 / Nancy
Grovespirit / Iris
Southerncharm1 / Kathy
Purpleacres /Tracy
Angelady / Angela
Dancinqueene / May
Haymay - received seeds
Roflol / Terri
Clay Lady
Kamiljablo / Kamil
Phantom White / Abby

There's still time for people to join!

o

Hi Becky (and everyone),

I also heard back from Robin. Apparently, I can't open Works files and that is how she had the file set up on the website. She did say, though, that she sometimes packs small amounts (as few as five seeds for like squash), depending on how many she has to distribute to those in need. I am thinking any regular sized or even small trade amounts pre-packed would be fine, but she also mentioned that we can send in to her in bulk with packs included and she'll divvy them up by how many she has to however many people she needs to send seed to. I hope that makes sense.... I'm sure any additional packet donations are welcome as well as postage, for their efforts.

Here's an outline, you can copy and paste to print out to send in to her below.

Blessings,
Angela

-----------------------------------------------------------

Need4Seed
(include address here)

Please print out, fill out and place in the envelope this worksheet for the following information when you donate seeds. It will be on the envelope, but this will help me stay organized and work toward non-profit status. Thank you so much for your considerate donation, and thoughtfulness. Your donation will serve to help families and individuals in need during tough times. I thank you on their behalf as well.

Name:_______________________________________________

Address:______________________________________________

List of Seeds that you are donating (with year of harvest):

o

Thanks Angela. I appreciate you doing that. I'm glad we can donate in bulk. A few people have already. I never knew there was a form to fill out. I donated seeds to Need4Seed in the spring and never filled out the form. I'll need to do that for her. It will make it a lot easier for her. We've had 4 people submit / donate seeds and there are a lot of seeds already!

o

I had some email troubles this morning. If you emailed me, please try again. Things should be resolved now. Thanks!

o

Becky, my package went out this morning. :)

o

Abby & Kathy, thank you for letting me know. I'll be looking for your packages.

Wow! Wow! Wow! We received another very generous seed donation today. It included 60 different varieties of tomatoes, several different varieties of pole beans and a few other things as well. I'm happily overwhelmed!

o

OH, WOW!!!! That's GREAT news!

I'm glad your email issues are worked out so quickly, Becky. On the form, I don't think it's necessary, but I think it's to help her when she's ready to file for non-profit status officially. I can't WAIT for that! That will be awesome!

Okay, on the seed packing.... I'm ready to pack mine. I got an email that the file is now in text format so that I, and others, could open the file. The information for anyone who cares to prepack seeds the way that Need4Seed likes to distribute them follows below. I'm sorry for taking up so much posting room, but some people might want to help Robin by doing this.

Blessings,
Angela

-----------------------------------------------------------

Seed Counts for N4S (Need 4 Seed) Packets

You may use your judgment on filling seed packets, this is a guideline. I have found that if N4S is mailing 2 or three types of summer-type squash that 5 seeds of each is plenty because the seeds have a decent germination rate. If seeds are from previous years, please state so, and add 2-3 more seeds for each year of ago in order to get a good germination count. Keep in mind that if N4S has the supply, more than one type of seed will be included for, say, string beans. For example, if we have green, yellow, and purple, all 3 will be included in the care package. If a seed is a difficult germinator such as edible landscaping/fruit plants, please include more in the package.

Please include specific name of plant, year of seed collection, etc. Do not include information on planting/growing because packets are too small for that. N4S will have a file with specific growing instructions for each seed included in the packet. However, if you are sending in any less-than-common seeds, please include a note that gives instructions so that the information can be posted to the group.

Please e-mail with any questions: Robin282mt@verizon.net

Here is a list of vegetable/fruit/edible flower followed by the recommended number of seeds to put in a pack.

Asparagus 20 seeds

Beans
String/Bush 35-50
String/Pole 35
Dry 50

Celery 20

Cole Crops (These have nearly 100% germination)
Broccoli 15
Brussels Sprouts 10
Cabbage 10
Cauliflower 15
Collards 10
Kale 15
Kohlrabi 10-15

Corn 50

Cucumbers
Slicers 7-10
Picklers 7-10

Root Crops
Beets 25
Carrots 25-50
Parsnips 35-50 (Must be fresh, parsnip seed is viable for the following year only)
Radishes 25 (Usually, more than one type of radish is included with care packages)
Rutabaga 25
Turnips 25

Lettuce
Head 15
Leaf 25

Melons
Watermelon 5-7
Muskmelon/cantaloupe 5-7
Honeydew 5-7
Other small 7-10
Other large 5-7

Okra 15

Onion (Must be fresh, onion seed is viable for the following year only)
Onions 35
Leek 25
Shallots 25

Solanum
Tomato 10-15
Pepper 10-15
Eggplant 10-15

Squash
Summer 5-7
Winter 5-7
Pumpkin 5-7
Gourds depends on size/type/# in mix
Small (in a mix) 20
Small singular 10
Large mix 15
Large singular 10

Spinach 15-20

Sunflower 25

Herbs
Very Small Seeds--a pinch
Medium Seedsa bit
Large Seeds (countable size) base this on germination rate. If rate is high, then 15-20 seeds; if rate is low, then double the number of seeds.

Edibles (such as raspberry seeds, strawberry, grape, blueberry, etc.)
Your discretion based on germination rate, viability, and size of seed.

Edible Flowers

Note: Non-edibles may be included in care packages for cheer. Mainly, N4S is for getting food seeds to people.
However, anyone who is struggling may find cheer or peace in a pretty flower.

Large Family packs: Seeds may be doubled for a family of 5-6, or tripled for larger families.

o

Howdee there

My mailer went out this morning and I encluded a huge pack of about 1000 tomato seeds. If you need more info on them to send off to seed4need please let me know.

Acres

o

Angela, thanks so much for the great information. I know it'll be helpful. I appreciate all your research.

Tracy, I'll be keeping an eye out for your package. 1000 tomato seeds! Wow! Wow! Wow! Are your going to have anything left for your own swaps?

Becky

o

Keep those seeds coming!

People Participating:

Austinnhanasmom / Deb
Luvgardening2 / Nancy
Grovespirit / Iris
Southerncharm1 / Kathy
Purpleacres /Tracy - received seeds
Angelady / Angela
Dancinqueene / May
Haymay - received seeds
Roflol / Terri
Clay Lady
Kamiljablo / Kamil
Phantom White / Abby

There's still time for people to join!

o

I can't believe this... my dad just told me he's getting married on Feb. 14th! That's got to be one of the shortest engagements ever! I am going to pack up what I can today and tomorrow, so I can get them off to you... I will have more later to share when things aren't so hectic, but I'll have to send those directly in to Need4Seed. I hope that some of these will be useful to the participants of this swap and to the other homes they end up in!

Okay... off to pack up what I can and get it ready for monday's mail...

Blessings,
Angela

o

Angela,

Big CONGRATULATIONS to your Dad!!! Things will be hectic the next few weeks but in a good kind of way.

Abby, I received your seeds today!

o

Sat, Jan 24, 09 at 19:01

Congratulations to you and your Father Angela!! What a wonderful way to start the New Year!!

o

Thank you!!! He picked an absolutely wonderful woman that the grandkids (my kids) and me love. Sadly, my stepmom he was married to for well over 30 years passed away last Christmas (yes, Christmas Day).... So, this is a bit sudden, but he deserved to be happy and not be alone... She's wonderful, and I can't wait to help with the wedding! I best hurry and get all my other commitments done so I can fully focus! I just have this and the Wow swap left, so that will help a lot... I just couldn't drop out altogether... these are too much fun and this one is helping a lot of families...

Blessings,
Angela

o

People Participating:

Austinnhanasmom / Deb
Luvgardening2 / Nancy
Grovespirit / Iris
Southerncharm1 / Kathy - received seeds
Angelady / Angela
Dancinqueene / May
Haymay - received seeds
Roflol / Terri
Clay Lady
Kamiljablo / Kamil
Phantom White / Abby - received seeds

o

Well, I'm finally done packing seeds. I packed them in the increments recommended by Need4Seed in case they go unspoken for. It amazed me that I ended up with a little bit more than 100 packs! I guess I didn't go quite as easy on this swap as I thought I would. LOL

My husband is dropping the package off at the post office when he runs errands tomorrow afternoon for work. You should have it by thursday or so.

Blessings,
Angela

o

Great Angela! I'll be looking for them.

o

seeds went out today clay_lady

o

Seeds taken to the post office about an hour ago. :]
Terri

o

Clay Lady & Terri,

I'll keep an eye out for your seeds. No seeds came in the mail today.
:(

o

must be the day to not get seed mailers in the mail. I did not get any for my swap either today :(

o

Photobucket

A watched mailbox never boils. I waited nearly a month longer than most for one swap's return, and probably three months for the other end of one recent trade (I expected a delay). They both showed up two days ago, the first day I stopped thinking about them. :]

o

I received Kamil's seeds today. Kamil, you didn't submit a wish list. Should I just use your GW want list?

o

I received seeds from Angela today. Here's an update.

Austinnhanasmom / Deb
Luvgardening2 / Nancy
Grovespirit / Iris
Angelady / Angela - received seeds
Dancinqueene / Pam
Haymay - received seeds
Roflol / Terri
Clay Lady
Kamiljablo / Kamil - received seeds

I have not heard anything from Austinnhanasmom / Deb or Grovespirit / Iris. I know Iris had some health issues before Christmas. I hope you're ok, Iris. I know the ice storms hit some states hard. Hope everyone is ok.

o

Remember I like any weird veggies!

Kamil

o

I received seeds today from Nancy & Terri. Thanks so much! We have a great selection of seeds. I still have a few people that should be sending seeds. I plan on doing a little more sorting this weekend. I'm hoping by the middle of next week to start posting the "Going Once, Going Twice," for unclaimed seeds.

Enjoy the Superbowl!

o

Yay! Thanks for the update, Becky - it's always a relief to me to know the seeds I sent got there safely. :]

o

BTW, sorry for taking down my list... I did put up a link back on my page to my original want list since I'm still trying to update my list.

Blessings,
Angela

o

mailed my seeds yesterday - sorry for the delay -

o

Deb. Thanks for letting me know.

Clay Lady, I haven't received your seeds yet. I hope they're not stuck in the ice storm mess in the mid west. I'll keep an eye out for them.

o

sorry, we are buried but my seeds did go out. The dog teams have been going past the house-- so I know that some things are moving. We've had a whole week of zukky weather and alot of no school.Thanks for the note. clay_lady

o

"dog teams" Rofl! It's been a tough winter and it's half way done. Our snow storm that we were suppose to get yesterday turned out to be a dud (thank goodness!) Instead of the 4-6 inches of snow, we had a sunny day! Boy, did the weathermen screw that up! We're suppose to get another storm tonight and one for Wednesday too. Come on spring!

Back to the swap! Clay Lady, if your seeds don't come this week, would it be ok for me to pull a selection of seeds for you? I saw on your trade list that you like heirlooms. Would you like to send me an email of your wish list?

o

Here's an update.

Austinnhanasmom / Deb
Luvgardening2 / Nancy - received seeds
Grovespirit / Iris
Angelady / Angela - received seeds
Dancinqueene / Pam
Haymay - received seeds
Roflol / Terri - received seeds
Clay Lady
Kamiljablo / Kamil - received seeds

I've heard from everyone except Grovespirit / Iris. I'm hopeful she will turn in seeds. I know she had health issues before Christmas, but saw she just submitted seeds to another swap. I think I've at least heard from everyone else and its a matter of our mail system.

I've been very happy with the wonderful selection of seeds people have submitted. Later this week you'll see an:
"UPDATE: IE Clean Out: Going Once, Going Twice" if the whole title fits! This is where I'll post the list of unclaimed seeds. You can claim as many as you like, but it will be first come, first serve. Fortunately, there are doubles of quite a few seeds.

o
RE: Incredible Edibles: Received Seeds

I received seeds today from Clay Lady. Hurray! I also received seeds today from Deb. Pam emailed me last week and the seeds are on their way.

o
RE: Incredible Edibles: Missed one!

Pam, Your seeds came in today's mail too! We'll give Grovespirit another couple days.

o

Mon, Feb 2, 09 at 13:59

I cant believe how exciting this is getting...everyday I come to this thread to see whose seeds are in!! And we are almost there...I cannot wait to see what happens in the 'going once going twice' thread LOL!!

o

I KNOW! I keep waiting for the going once going twice. I can see it now. We are all going to end up with more than we Cleaned Out. LOL! Where is that 12 step program?
Nancy

o

Grovespirit had to drop out of the swap. I'll go through people's wish lists again tomorrow. Then I'll start posting the Going Once, Going twice as an update on Wednesday. Glad people are excited!

o

Nancy, we do not offer 12 steps to clean up... ROFL We only offer the ability to enable others with the like addiction! HAHAHA! :D

I can't wait to see what goodies are on the list. This is so exciting. I get up each day knowing I'm a day closer to having my needs fulfilled! hehehe ;D

Becky, I want to say thanks for hosting this. It was a great idea and for such a wonderful cause too. THANKS!!! BTW, my envie should be there in a few days. I totally forgot to send it like I had planned.

o

Dang, the suspense is killing me! I wonder if husband would mind postponing 25th anniversary plans one day so I can camp out at the computer for that GOGT list! And my Ctrl and R buttons (reload) are going to be completely blank before this is over! ;]

o

ROFL, I'm thinking that might cause some pent up hostility! HAHA Hey, but I would still ask. ROFLMBO!!!

o

Roflol, ROLF!!! Now I have to clean the coffee off the monitor!

Kathy, that's fine.

o

Hello everyone!

Tomorrow will start the "Going Once, Going Twice." I've broken them down into 7 catagories. Wherever possible I tried to give the dates on the seeds and the number of trades left. Here are the catagories:

1. Beans, Cowpeas, Peas, Okra & Corn
2. Herbs & Spices
3. Melons, Cucumbers, Squashes, Pumpkins & Gourds
4. Peppers, Eggplants and Tomatillo
5. Root Vegetables
6. Tomatoes
7 Other Vegetables

Anyone in the swap is welcome to claim the seeds. It will be first come first serve. Hope you have fun!

o

Pssssst! Psssssssst! Becky! Becccccckkkkkkyyy! Beccckkkaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!

Heyyyyyy, Becky, girlfriend, pal-o-mine, Becky McBeck-Beck, Beckmeister! Sooooooo.... what time d'you think you might be, y'know, posting this little ol' list, hmmmmmm? Maybe midnight a la Woot? Or will it be middle of the morning like some of those crazy eBay sellers who never sleep?

It's okay to say, it's just you and me.... ;]

o

You seed addicts sure are funny!.... Oh, I mean us seed acticts... hee hee

Becky, I am thinking we're probably gonna ask for some things that might have been put aside for us because it was on our wants already, huh? I just thought I'd throw that out there as we don't know what was picked out for us already! LOL

Oh, I can tell this is going to be fun, fun stuff! hee hee

Blessings,
Angela

o
RE: IE: Seed Clean Out

Okay, now I don't feel so bad... Angela's stalking the thread too. I *thought* I felt my Sniper Sense tingling! lol ;]

o

Becky, You are teasing us. Isn't it Wednesday where you are??? Please make it a decent hour for us West Coast people. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nancy

o

Photobucket

Watching, and waiting..... waiting, and watching....

lol, I'm starting to feel like a creeper.

Poor Becky. If we were all together IRL, I suspect she'd resort to throwing them in the room, then running away screaming.

I'll stop now. :]

o

ROFL!!! You about made my heart stop with that one! Seeds thrown up in the air and coming down all around us... oh, am I dreaming??? Oh, grief! I sure am! hee hee

Well, sorry to upset any late night lurkers, but Becky is a morning gal usually on the thread.... NOT that I was checking how early she posts or anything... hahahahaha

Blessings,
Angela

o

Oh, you are *good* angelady... I had not even considered researching Becky's posting patterns to determine when the list might be posted... verrrrrrry resourceful! :]

Well, that pretty much sinks my night-owl boat! lol, and it truly is a good thing, too, as my whole reason for participating in these bigger swaps is to reduce inventory, not replace it. :]

I know some of those GOGT seeds will find great homes with the swappers on this thread, and whatever is left will come in handy at N4S. Have fun everybody!

Hope you have fun, too, Becky, and hope my "eyes" didn't scare you too... would not like to hear you had to mop up any other messes. =:-0

(I'm so sorry, I truly will stop now!)

;]

o

Are you ready? The lists of unclaimed seeds are up. There are a total of 7 lists. I'll give people through Saturday (Feb 7th) to go through the lists. Sunday, I'll post a "Last Call" of any unclaimed seeds. It'll be your last chance to claim any seeds. I'll plan to get your seeds back in the mail to you a week from today. Hope you have fun!

Here's a link to the lists!

Here is a link that might be useful: Update: ie going once, going twice

o
RE: Incredible Edibles: Seed Stalkers

ROFL! Terri and Angela, I was so concerned about getting those lists up that I didn't read your posts until after I posted. I think the term "seed stalkers" can be used here! LOL! The DH said, "Hmm, someone's got it worse than you," in reference to seed collecting!

o

ROFL!!! That was the funniest stuff!!

Jeepers creepers where'd ya get those peepers... HAHAHA!

o

Wed, Feb 4, 09 at 12:13

I love this place...and like my kids always used to say....

The Potatoes have Eyes...The Corn has Ears ....and Celery Stalks....watch your back in the garden!!!

I guess that is pretty fitting here with all of you/us Seed Creepers!!LMBO!!!

o

lol at y'all.... and sunnyk, I'd never heard celery part before - that's a hoot!

o

Becky, by any chance did you receive my return shipping yet?

o

Hi Kathy,

I haven't received it yet. I'll let you know when it comes. I seem to remember the mail taking a long time to get to and from Florida to New York.

o

K, thanks Becky. I forgot about it taking longer. lol :D

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here