Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2011 commercial leftover seed swap

Posted by ishareflowers 5 MA. (ishareflowers@aol.com) on
Mon, Jan 10, 11 at 7:06

This swap is for COMMERCIAL SEEDS ONLY, and the packs must be seeds from 2009,2010 0r 2011.

Since these will be commercial seeds, you will probably get 1/2 trades but it will allow you to try some of the newer varieties of seeds.

PLEASE DO NOT send the 10 cent pack of seeds from Walmart or 25 cent packs from the dollar general. If these types are sent they will not count towards your total number sent! They will be returned to you. We must be fair!

Flowers and veggies are fine, last year we did both and it worked out.

( There is no minimum on the number of packs you can send)

Here are the rules...

1. Must be commercial seeds

2. your packages must be labeled with year and where purchased if not in original packaging.

3. No more than 5 packs of the same type of seed (please don't make 5 packets of the same seed with 5 seeds in each package)

4. Must be mailed by March 1. I will send my addy as people sign up, you can mail whenever you are ready to do so.

5. seeds will be returned within one week from the last package that I receive.

6. have a current wants list for me to check when sorting. (last year I sent garden seeds if they were on someones wants list BUT did not count them towards my contribution to the swap!)

7. sign ups are until the mail date...The more the merrier!

When mailing seeds, please be sure to put the same amount of postage that it cost you to mail PLUS.80 for delivery conf.# (last year a package was lost and had no conf #). I replaced it with my own stash!

I mail from the post office so stamps or cash is fine, change will be returned with your seeds!

last but not least, I won't be sending reminders so please mark your calenders..

Lisa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2011 commercial leftover seed swap

Sign me up, please.
Is there a maximum total we can send?

o

Hi Jaynine,

Thank you for bringing that up.There is no maximum. I'm home all day.....lol

I have a ton myself with 10 or 15 seeds left to share.
I do have one or two packets with 5 or 7 seeds because the packet only contained 15 to begin with!

Thanks for joining in again!
Lisa

o

I have alot of these.
So count me in.
Faye!

o

Welcome faye...I sent you an email with my addy.

Lisa

o

I would like to join as I bought alot of seed this year.

o

Welcome Hibiscusfan,

I emailed you my addy...

Lisa

o

Hi Lisa!

Please sign me up and thanks for hosting this fun swap again!

LisaM627

o

Welcome Lisa!

I sent my addy to all that have joined...

I am hoping that we can get at least ten players for an assortment of seeds.

Lisa

o

Lisa,
I would like to join in.
Thank you,
Kristi

o

Hi Lisa,
I would like to play, about how many seeds per pack?
I'll be looking for your email.

Thanks Wendey

o

Welcome wendey and Kristi!

Wendey I sent you an email regarding seed counts...I should have responded from here but checked email first.

That makes 7 players, I'm hoping to get lots more for diversity.

Lisa

o

i'd like to be in this one also please

thanks
jim - haymay

o

Hi Lisa! I'm thinking about joining but I don't know if I have enough commercial seeds or not. I bought alot of seeds from ebay and just a few from online stores. Do the ebay seeds count? TIA
vina

o

I have lots of veggie seeds. May I play ? Thanks for doing this.

Marge

o

Welcome Jim,Vina and Marge....

Vina, I had a few ebay packets of seeds last year! I don't think it will be a problem.

Marge, veggies are fine. Hopefully we will get a few veggie gardeners to join, we did last year!

Sent emails with addy to all new players

Lisa

o

I have some seed packs, so I'll join. I had an extremely busy Christmas season that is still busy, so some of my commercial seeds didn't make it into the WLOMWL swap just because of time. Buy March 1 I should be OK. I'll join in!

Lisa, I'll send in my seeds, but you have such AMAZINGLY GREAT taste I'll just let you choose what to send me, forget my wants list. I'm still learning about all the seeds out there!

Deanna

o

Great Lisa!
Count me in :)
vina

o

Welcome Deanna and vina!

This is shaping up nicely already!

Lisa

o

Hi Lisa,

I did not get the email with your address. Pleae put GW Swap or something in the subject line to make ure I don't delete it.

Thanks for doing this.

Marge

o

Count me in--I think I already have your address from the request for Tiarella seeds.

o

Hi, I'd like to be included! I'd love for someone to benefit from the seeds I won't be using this year.

o

Please sign me in. Frank

o

Sign me up, Lisa. I won't be able to think about this one until I am through with Patty's but I will come back to it later.
Alana

o

please sign me up!

o

Welcome to all the new sign-ups.

Marge, You have no email listed for me to send you my addy..

Lisa

o

Count me in too! I'll e-mail you for details since I'm a New-Bee... thanks for doing this

o

• Posted by sjc48 5 Michigan (My Page) on
    Thu, Jan 13, 11 at 21:10

Hi, would like to join this swap, but haven't done swaps before, so let me see if I've got this right: I send you the seeds, a would like to have list, and a SASE plus .80? Also, can I use little plastic baggies for the seeds, or is paper better? And is 1/4 tsp.of seeds enough-not enough? Thanks for hosting, Lisa, this sounds like fun!
Shirley!

o

Sjc48 and realbusy... I sent you both an email...

I spent the later part of this evening doing some planting and going through seeds.

I usually break my commercials into individual packets for sharing and trading when I receive them so It was fairly easy to pull out 89 packets for the swap. I have not touched the veggies or annuals yet. I didn't put any annuals into the swap last year, I was going to plant them all,yeah right! This year lots will go bye bye. I don't know what I'm thinking when I click add to cart!!!

have a great night
Lisa

o

Oh, I love this one!! Please count me in Lisa! This due date will give us all ample time to update our lists from all the other big RR's that are just finishing up too.

Yay! Another Wendy (Wendey!) :) lol (it's rare for me..)

~Wendy / sassyb

o

hi would love to join in.Angela

o

I found acres edible seed swap and joined that since I am only interested in edibles.

Thanks for being willing to let me in here though.

o

sassyb,
my you have a pretty name (Wendy) lol, my mother had been reading Peter Pan to my brother and decided she really liked the name so when i came along she changed it by adding extra e so I would be a little different, I think she got her wish lol!!
I really like your GW call name too, very pretty!!

Wendey

o

Lisa,

Sign me up please.

Denise

o

Welcome wren and antiqueorchid!

I sent you both emails with my address..

Lisa

o

Thank you Wendey! :) That's sweet of you.

I've been going thru the stash this week as well, this swap is always wonderful!

It's dreary and gray and rainy outside today, so I'm pouring thru seed catalogs and gardening books.. planning, planning, planning! :)

~Wendy / sassyb

o

Hi Lisa! You made me laugh with your comment about clicking the add to cart button : )

I'm thinking of joining, but need to finish up my grow list for this year so I can figure out what I won't be using. I'll let you know one way or the other, before the deadline. Sounds like a great swap though ...

Bonnie

o

Lisa, you are the best for doing this...my heirlooms and rare are on the way to you..I'll inform my Garden club here in NJ (Don't worry only like 45 members)...hope everyone gets what they want!! (Just like Christmas all over again!LOL) GINA

o

I have been a busy little beaver doing some winter sowing to get rid of some seeds...

Welcome to the new lurkers and joiners, I have sent you all private emails..

Lisa

o

Just bumping up

o
1st package is here

realbusy,

I got your envy yesterday,they made it here safe and sound.

I read your note and I will breakdown the seeds for you....Please let your garden friends know that they need to do this before sending if they decide to join.

I am up to 130 packets of commercials with no doubles and haven't made it through all of them yet...I have been a bad bad girl!!! ADD to cart,add to cart,add to cart...this I have to stop!

Lisa

o

I would like to be included! thanks!

Mary

o

Well, I've been thinking about this swap, and even though I haven't finished my grow list, or ordered this year's seeds yet, I noticed there was no minimum of packets to send in, so I may as well sign up. I'm sure I'll have at least a few things.

Bonnie

o

Welcome comary and highalttransplant!

fez920- your package arrived yesterday.

Lisa

o

Mon, Jan 24, 11 at 12:14

Hi Lisa - I mailed my seeds out today!

o

Thu, Jan 27, 11 at 20:08

Just bumping up!

o

Good Morning!

Sjc, your seeds arrived!

Lisa

o

Hi Lisa,

I would like to join!

Thanks

Mavis07

o

Hi everyone!

Lisa, quick question... since its okay to use my ebay purchased seeds do you want me to write on there what ebayer they came from or can I just write ebay? I'm not sure if I saved all my invoices from them.

Thanks! I'm starting on my bubblie this weekend :)
vina

o

Flowergirl, I think ebay would be fine..

Mavis, welcome aboard! I will email you my addy

Lisa

o

bump

o

These don't have to be super unusual seeds, right? I know there are no WalMart and Dollar Store seeds. I have commercial seeds, but I don't think any of them are super ordinary. For instance, I have some Delphinium 'Cliveden Beauty' and I'm not super familiar with my plants but I figured those would be OK for the swap. Are they OK? Got lots of different kinds of poppies, too. Hope to have a lot left after I WS, which I am way behind on!

o

My seeds are on their way.

o

Hello All,

I got a large envy full of veggie seeds from Barefootgardener today.

Lisa

Jaynine, I'll watch for your package.

o

Hi Lisa, I mailed my pkg today :-)

Wendey

o

Jaynine,

I got your stuffed package of seeds today!

I have received 5 envies so far, most of them were veggie seeds.

I'm happy that Jaynine sent all flower seeds it will help balance it out a bit. I hava a mix of both, I don't grow veggies myself but ended up with a lot from last years swap. I couln't find a place for them to go so I kept them towards my counts in the swap.

I'll keep everyone posted as seeds come in.

Lisa

o

Lisa~Glad my package made it ok. I forgot to add in my note that although I sent all flowers, I don't mind receiving a mix of flowers, vegetables & herbs in return. Thanks!

o

Jaynine,

Thank you for letting me know, although, I already checked your list and saw you like toms...lol

I think we may all have a few veggie packets coming back home. I'll try to make matches as close as I can to a list.

Looking forward to more packages coming....

Lisa

o

sent my package out today.

o

Kristi,

I will watch for your seeds and post when they arrive.

Lisa

o

Lisa,

My package is going out in today's mail.

Thanks!!

Louise

o

Good Afternoon All,

I got wendeys package today, a lot of seeds here already!

Lisa

o

Mine will be out with tomorrow's mail!

Deanna

o

Hi Lisa, I'm glad to know you received my pkg, I'm excited about this swap.
Wendey

o

Hello All,

I got a big fat envy of seeds from ZUBABABY today, great variety of seeds.

I want to thank Wendey and Zubababy for the gifts they sent! That was a nice surprise, not expected in anyway but appreciated!

Lisa

o

Please add me to the swap - this is so perfect! My friends don't seem to be as seed addicted as I am. :-)

I've never done a swap before, either, though. I've been meaning to try to make up some nice envelopes with a template I found for when I give seeds to friends. If I don't, are folks particlar about regular envelopes? What do people use to package seeds for swaps, anyway?

Thanks, Tricia

o

Welcome candogal,

I will email you my addy and some ideas for seed envelopes.

Lisa

o
envies

Hi Louise,

I got your packet of seeds today...I'm sure that the veggie gardeners won't mind having a few of the extras that you sent.

I have eight packages here now....I already have three packages complete....

Looking forward to the mailbox run everyday now.

Lisa

o

Sent my seed to you yesterday.

o

My very slim package went out yesterday. I think I have fallen out of swap mode into planting mode already.
Alana

o

Lisa, I will be sending my seeds out Monday or Tuesday.

Denise

o

I got two enveies in today...

Alana
hibiscusfan

Lisa

o

Hi Lisa,
Is it too late to join? I can mail the seeds some time next week. Also, please let me know what the minimum seed count is.

Hope it's not too late to join! :)

o

Deanna, I got your seeds today...

Siichan...welcome....I will drop you a line with my addy.

Lisa

o

Lisa,

Is it ok to make a few changes on my wish list at this point in the swap?
I don't want to cause any unnecessary headaches!

Thanks,
Wendy

o

Wendy,

that's fine...I have only looked at wish lists of people that sent seeds in.

Lisa

o

Great, thanks Lisa!

o

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to pop in and say hi, so HI!

No, actually, I wanted to ask that if you haven't mailed already...Please put your gw name on the seed packet somewhere. I forgot to ask last year too and had to label so many that came in without a name on them :(. I don't want to send your your own seeds back...lol

Back to dinner!

Lisa

o

Hi Lisa,
I sent mine this morning. You should get it soon! :)

o

Hi Lisa,

I just wanted to let you know that I'll be mailing my package to you on Saturday. I have been waiting for my order from R.H. Shumway, so I'll keep my fingers crossed it will get here by then! Thanks! - Lisa

o

Hello All,

I wanted to pop in and let Denise Antiqueorchids seeds today.

We lost Highalttransplant due to a family matter and I believe that Faye will be dropping as well, her Mom passed away.

Lisa

o

I am in. I have had this swap just about finished before mom passed. Thank goodness.
I just need to mail it which I will do by this Saturday.
Thanks,
Faye!

o

oh Faye,

I'm glad that you are able to join us,it will be something to look forward to....

Lisa

o

Hi! Just wanted you to know that my bubblie will be flying this morning.
Thanks!!
vina

o

Lisa,

My stamps and dc money should be there today or tomorrow. I sent an email but I wanted to make sure you knew it was coming too.

Denise

o

Good Morning All,

Siichan..I got your envy of seeds.

Antiqueorchid...I got your postage money.

I have my Mom here visiting for a few days, she' 78 and a pogo game junkie...I lost my laptop for the night...lol

I did the next best thing and pulled out seeds for this swap.

There were a few people that sent in seeds with notes about having large quantities of seeds in packets"they know who they are>. They also put that I could take some or feel free to break the packets down. I sat for 3 hours repacking the ones that had tons of seeds in them, what a pita!

We also have one player that sent in some very unusual cultivars that had 20 to 50 seeds in each. I took the liberty of breaking them down too"she had told me to do this in the last swap>. This will allow 3 or 4 players to add these unusuals to their gardens! I DID NOT break everyones seeds down, only the few players that had tons in the packets. I have gotten packets with as little as 5 rare seeds to packets with 10 common seeds and others with 50 not so common seeds.

Everyone can expect to have extra commercial packets of flowers coming home. I also hope to be able to add in from my garden stash if they are on your wishlist!

Whew, I feel better! I almost felt guilty breaking the packets down but really, does anyone need 20-50 seeds of a perennial? I feel that it's best to pass them around and share the not so commons. I did not break them down to less than 10 seeds so if you get a packet with under 10 seeds, it was sent that way!

I do hope that noone is angry or upset,I only did the seeds that had tons and the player said it was okay to do so!!

Have a great day
Lisa

o

Lisa, Great idea!
That's why I sent mine in to the swap. I buy a packet of seeds and only use maybe 6 or 7...so what do you do with the rest? :) It's nice to spread them around.

o

Vina,

Thank you!

I have visions of becoming a gw outcast for doing this but felt guilty and needed to tell the group about what I did!!

Lisa

o

Lisa, I think that is a good idea too. I don't remember if I had any with alot of seed in them but I do not care if you break them up. And I don't mind getting smaller amounts of seed either especially if they are rarer types.

Denise

o

Lisa, I was going to mention breaking mine down more, if desired. I feel guilty for not being as organized, as I would like to be, for the last couple of years.
Kristi

o

HA! Kristi...that's funny because you are the one that told me to feel free to break them down last swap!!! I knew that you wouldn't mind because we did the same last year. It is done, you had a few that were just too hard to come by not to breakdown and share with two or three players!

Please don't feel guilty, I don't mind breaking the packets down for players. I order seed baggies 5,000 at a time and I am so bored home all day! Hubby says I can't shop everyday....lol

I really wish that I could go back to work but I can't wear the darn braces and I won't heal until I do.

Have a great night!

Lisa

o

My package went out this afternoon, they said it should arrive by 3/3.

I'll email you my 'sent' list, well, I hope I'll be able to... my computer hasn't turned back on since a reboot this afternoon.. not a good sign!

I'll let you know if my personal IT guy (bf..lol) is able to fix it up and save everything. *fingers crossed!!*

~Wendy

o

I got packages from flowergirl and nottougly today...

I want to clarify my posting about splitting packs,
I DID NOT SPLIT a pack unless the OWNER of the packs said it was okay to do so.

I got in Jaynines packet with a note to feel free to take some or split, I split some of them in half so more players could try out her seeds!

realbusy's- a note stating you may split them , I split a few tomato and pepper packages into two.

Zubababy had always said feel free to split and had some good seed selections with 30 or 40 seeds...several of hers were split to 10 seeds to make 3 or 4 packets.

Antiqueorchid, posted feel free to split. I split 1 of her packets into two because it's on a wishlist or two...

NOONE elses seeds have been touched!

I know that everyone will be happy in the end and as I said everyone will be getting extras, some from my stash and some from divided packages.

Lisa

o

Lisa if some of mine can be split more go ahead. The more the merrier :)

o

Oh yes, I agree. If mine can be split any further, feel free to do so, Lisa. Have a great day everyone!

o

Mine are fine to split as well if you find some that have enough to share. Did my pkg arrive today?

o

Split mine, too, if needed!

Also, I trust your taste more than my list. Send me whatever you think is nice!

o

Hello everyone!

No seeds today, I'm waiting on Lisam and sassy right now.

As far as splitting seeds down.

flowergirl..I think yours are at 10 seeds or under already and I won't split below 10 seeds. I did split a few and ended with a packet or teo with less than 10 seeds but counted them towards my own.

Siichan..I think yours are already broken down.

Deanna..I put yours in as they were, I think people will like large patches of what you sent in. Oh, wait..I did do one into 2.

Thank you all for the offer though! I think everyone will have at least 5 extras. I have a few done that have 10 or twenty BUT some are my garden seeds.

I'm anxious to finish this up, I am sick of looking at bubble envies all over one of my spare bedrooms...lol
No, really...I get excited for everyone to get their packages back, especially if I was able to fill wishes.

I hope to get Lisa and sassy's envies tomorrow and work on the packages over the weekend and mail out on Monday morning.

Lisa

Alana, if your out there...I don't know how you did the last swap with so many people and seeds!

Vina, I will post a pic soon of my new bedroom, I just finished it today! You sent me a gift and it matches my colors perfectly, you won't belive it unless you see it!

Faye, thank you for the seeds marked special for me.

I hope I didn't leave anyone out...if I did I am sorry.

o
correction!

Flowergirl...I wasn't talking about your seeds when I said I split some down and ended up with a pack with less than 10 seeds...they were someone elses seeds, yours were NOt touched.

I think it's bed time..

Lisa

o

I'm out here Lisa. I was well and truly seedsick by the time I reclaimed my spare room too. I think that is why I could not bring myself to put together more seeds for this and another swap.
Ah-there's always next year!
Alana

o

Alana, I'mglad you made it through!

Sassy and Lisam's seeds came today...I don't expect to get anymore. I had done a quick sort when the first few packs came but today I did some real sorting. I'm hoping to have all of them done by the begining of the week.

I will post tomorrow IF I can get out and mail the few that are ready!

Lisa

o

Lisa, thank you for hosting and letting me know about this swap.
I have received my seeds, and I'm excited to start sprouting some seeds.

Thank you everyone!

Kristi

o
RE: 2013 commercial leftover seed swap

This swap is for COMMERCIAL SEEDS ONLY, and the packs must be seeds from 2010 or newer.

Since these will be commercial seeds, you will probably get 1/2 trades but it will allow you to try some of the newer varieties of seeds.

PLEASE DO NOT send any cosmos,marigold or zinnia mixes (i have way too many that I got stuck with) Please don't send dollar store seeds. If these types are sent they will not count towards your total number sent! They will be returned to you. We must be fair!

Flowers and veggies are fine, last year we did both and it worked out. I did have a player that sent in all veggie seeds but requested only flower seeds in return, this I cannot do. I can't send someone who sent all flower seeds all veggies in return.

( There is no minimum on the number of packs you can send)

Here are the rules...

1. Must be commercial seeds

2. your packages must be labeled with year and where purchased if not in original packaging. It would be great if your name was on the package also.

3. No more than 5 packs of the same type of seed (please don't make 5 packets of the same seed with 5 seeds in each package) I have purchased seeds that come with only 10 seeds to a package and shared 1/2 of that BUT I have also gotten seeds with 5 packages of 10 mixed marigold seeds. I try to keep this swap as fair as possible for everyone involved so please only send what you would be happy to get in return.

4. Must be mailed by March 1. I will send my addy as people sign up, you can mail whenever you are ready to do so.

5. seeds will be returned within one week from the last package that I receive.

6. have a current wants list for me to check when sorting. (last year I sent garden seeds if they were on someones wants list BUT did not count them towards my contribution to the swap!)

7. sign ups are until the mail date...The more the merrier!

When mailing seeds, please be sure to put the same amount of postage that it cost you to mail PLUS.85 for delivery conf.# (last year a package was lost and had no conf #)I felt bad so I replaced it with my own stash!

I mail from the post office so stamps or cash is fine, change will be returned with your seeds!

last but not least, I won't be sending reminders so please mark your calenders..

Happy New Year!

Lisa

o

Hello Iwould like to join. Thank u Susan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here