Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ishareflowers

2011 commercial leftover seed swap

This swap is for COMMERCIAL SEEDS ONLY, and the packs must be seeds from 2009,2010 0r 2011.

Since these will be commercial seeds, you will probably get 1/2 trades but it will allow you to try some of the newer varieties of seeds.

PLEASE DO NOT send the 10 cent pack of seeds from Walmart or 25 cent packs from the dollar general. If these types are sent they will not count towards your total number sent! They will be returned to you. We must be fair!

Flowers and veggies are fine, last year we did both and it worked out.

( There is no minimum on the number of packs you can send)

Here are the rules...

1. Must be commercial seeds

2. your packages must be labeled with year and where purchased if not in original packaging.

3. No more than 5 packs of the same type of seed (please don't make 5 packets of the same seed with 5 seeds in each package)

4. Must be mailed by March 1. I will send my addy as people sign up, you can mail whenever you are ready to do so.

5. seeds will be returned within one week from the last package that I receive.

6. have a current wants list for me to check when sorting. (last year I sent garden seeds if they were on someones wants list BUT did not count them towards my contribution to the swap!)

7. sign ups are until the mail date...The more the merrier!

When mailing seeds, please be sure to put the same amount of postage that it cost you to mail PLUS.80 for delivery conf.# (last year a package was lost and had no conf #). I replaced it with my own stash!

I mail from the post office so stamps or cash is fine, change will be returned with your seeds!

last but not least, I won't be sending reminders so please mark your calenders..

Lisa

Comments (103)

• wendeyzee
    13 years ago

Hi Lisa, I mailed my pkg today :-)

Wendey

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jaynine,

I got your stuffed package of seeds today!

I have received 5 envies so far, most of them were veggie seeds.

I'm happy that Jaynine sent all flower seeds it will help balance it out a bit. I hava a mix of both, I don't grow veggies myself but ended up with a lot from last years swap. I couln't find a place for them to go so I kept them towards my counts in the swap.

I'll keep everyone posted as seeds come in.

Lisa

• jaynine
    13 years ago

Lisa~Glad my package made it ok. I forgot to add in my note that although I sent all flowers, I don't mind receiving a mix of flowers, vegetables & herbs in return. Thanks!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jaynine,

Thank you for letting me know, although, I already checked your list and saw you like toms...lol

I think we may all have a few veggie packets coming back home. I'll try to make matches as close as I can to a list.

Looking forward to more packages coming....

Lisa

• zubababy
    13 years ago

sent my package out today.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Kristi,

I will watch for your seeds and post when they arrive.

Lisa

• Louise84
    13 years ago

Lisa,

My package is going out in today's mail.

Thanks!!

Louise

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good Afternoon All,

I got wendeys package today, a lot of seeds here already!

Lisa

• deanna in ME Barely zone 6a, more like 5b
    13 years ago

Mine will be out with tomorrow's mail!

Deanna

• wendeyzee
    13 years ago

Hi Lisa, I'm glad to know you received my pkg, I'm excited about this swap.
    Wendey

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hello All,

I got a big fat envy of seeds from ZUBABABY today, great variety of seeds.

I want to thank Wendey and Zubababy for the gifts they sent! That was a nice surprise, not expected in anyway but appreciated!

Lisa

• candogal
    13 years ago

Please add me to the swap - this is so perfect! My friends don't seem to be as seed addicted as I am. :-)

I've never done a swap before, either, though. I've been meaning to try to make up some nice envelopes with a template I found for when I give seeds to friends. If I don't, are folks particlar about regular envelopes? What do people use to package seeds for swaps, anyway?

Thanks, Tricia

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Welcome candogal,

I will email you my addy and some ideas for seed envelopes.

Lisa

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Louise,

I got your packet of seeds today...I'm sure that the veggie gardeners won't mind having a few of the extras that you sent.

I have eight packages here now....I already have three packages complete....

Looking forward to the mailbox run everyday now.

Lisa

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    13 years ago

Sent my seed to you yesterday.

• poisondartfrog
    13 years ago

My very slim package went out yesterday. I think I have fallen out of swap mode into planting mode already.
    Alana

• antiqueorchid
    13 years ago

Lisa, I will be sending my seeds out Monday or Tuesday.

Denise

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I got two enveies in today...

Alana
    hibiscusfan

Lisa

• siichan
    13 years ago

Hi Lisa,
    Is it too late to join? I can mail the seeds some time next week. Also, please let me know what the minimum seed count is.

Hope it's not too late to join! :)

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Deanna, I got your seeds today...

Siichan...welcome....I will drop you a line with my addy.

Lisa

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

Lisa,

Is it ok to make a few changes on my wish list at this point in the swap?
    I don't want to cause any unnecessary headaches!

Thanks,
    Wendy

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wendy,

that's fine...I have only looked at wish lists of people that sent seeds in.

Lisa

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

Great, thanks Lisa!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to pop in and say hi, so HI!

No, actually, I wanted to ask that if you haven't mailed already...Please put your gw name on the seed packet somewhere. I forgot to ask last year too and had to label so many that came in without a name on them :(. I don't want to send your your own seeds back...lol

Back to dinner!

Lisa

• siichan
    13 years ago

Hi Lisa,
    I sent mine this morning. You should get it soon! :)

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    13 years ago

Hi Lisa,

I just wanted to let you know that I'll be mailing my package to you on Saturday. I have been waiting for my order from R.H. Shumway, so I'll keep my fingers crossed it will get here by then! Thanks! - Lisa

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hello All,

I wanted to pop in and let Denise Antiqueorchids seeds today.

We lost Highalttransplant due to a family matter and I believe that Faye will be dropping as well, her Mom passed away.

Lisa

• nottougly
    13 years ago

I am in. I have had this swap just about finished before mom passed. Thank goodness.
    I just need to mail it which I will do by this Saturday.
    Thanks,
    Faye!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    13 years ago

oh Faye,

I'm glad that you are able to join us,it will be something to look forward to....

Lisa

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Hi! Just wanted you to know that my bubblie will be flying this morning.
    Thanks!!
    vina

• antiqueorchid
    13 years ago

Lisa,

My stamps and dc money should be there today or tomorrow. I sent an email but I wanted to make sure you knew it was coming too.

Denise

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good Morning All,

Siichan..I got your envy of seeds.

Antiqueorchid...I got your postage money.

I have my Mom here visiting for a few days, she' 78 and a pogo game junkie...I lost my laptop for the night...lol

I did the next best thing and pulled out seeds for this swap.

There were a few people that sent in seeds with notes about having large quantities of seeds in packets"they know who they are>. They also put that I could take some or feel free to break the packets down. I sat for 3 hours repacking the ones that had tons of seeds in them, what a pita!

We also have one player that sent in some very unusual cultivars that had 20 to 50 seeds in each. I took the liberty of breaking them down too"she had told me to do this in the last swap>. This will allow 3 or 4 players to add these unusuals to their gardens! I DID NOT break everyones seeds down, only the few players that had tons in the packets. I have gotten packets with as little as 5 rare seeds to packets with 10 common seeds and others with 50 not so common seeds.

Everyone can expect to have extra commercial packets of flowers coming home. I also hope to be able to add in from my garden stash if they are on your wishlist!

Whew, I feel better! I almost felt guilty breaking the packets down but really, does anyone need 20-50 seeds of a perennial? I feel that it's best to pass them around and share the not so commons. I did not break them down to less than 10 seeds so if you get a packet with under 10 seeds, it was sent that way!

I do hope that noone is angry or upset,I only did the seeds that had tons and the player said it was okay to do so!!

Have a great day
    Lisa

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Lisa, Great idea!
    That's why I sent mine in to the swap. I buy a packet of seeds and only use maybe 6 or 7...so what do you do with the rest? :) It's nice to spread them around.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Vina,

Thank you!

I have visions of becoming a gw outcast for doing this but felt guilty and needed to tell the group about what I did!!

Lisa

• antiqueorchid
    13 years ago

Lisa, I think that is a good idea too. I don't remember if I had any with alot of seed in them but I do not care if you break them up. And I don't mind getting smaller amounts of seed either especially if they are rarer types.

Denise

• zubababy
    13 years ago

Lisa, I was going to mention breaking mine down more, if desired. I feel guilty for not being as organized, as I would like to be, for the last couple of years.
    Kristi

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    13 years ago

HA! Kristi...that's funny because you are the one that told me to feel free to break them down last swap!!! I knew that you wouldn't mind because we did the same last year. It is done, you had a few that were just too hard to come by not to breakdown and share with two or three players!

Please don't feel guilty, I don't mind breaking the packets down for players. I order seed baggies 5,000 at a time and I am so bored home all day! Hubby says I can't shop everyday....lol

I really wish that I could go back to work but I can't wear the darn braces and I won't heal until I do.

Have a great night!

Lisa

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

My package went out this afternoon, they said it should arrive by 3/3.

I'll email you my 'sent' list, well, I hope I'll be able to... my computer hasn't turned back on since a reboot this afternoon.. not a good sign!

I'll let you know if my personal IT guy (bf..lol) is able to fix it up and save everything. *fingers crossed!!*

~Wendy

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I got packages from flowergirl and nottougly today...

I want to clarify my posting about splitting packs,
    I DID NOT SPLIT a pack unless the OWNER of the packs said it was okay to do so.

I got in Jaynines packet with a note to feel free to take some or split, I split some of them in half so more players could try out her seeds!

realbusy's- a note stating you may split them , I split a few tomato and pepper packages into two.

Zubababy had always said feel free to split and had some good seed selections with 30 or 40 seeds...several of hers were split to 10 seeds to make 3 or 4 packets.

Antiqueorchid, posted feel free to split. I split 1 of her packets into two because it's on a wishlist or two...

NOONE elses seeds have been touched!

I know that everyone will be happy in the end and as I said everyone will be getting extras, some from my stash and some from divided packages.

Lisa

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Lisa if some of mine can be split more go ahead. The more the merrier :)

• siichan
    13 years ago

Oh yes, I agree. If mine can be split any further, feel free to do so, Lisa. Have a great day everyone!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

Mine are fine to split as well if you find some that have enough to share. Did my pkg arrive today?

• deanna in ME Barely zone 6a, more like 5b
    13 years ago

Split mine, too, if needed!

Also, I trust your taste more than my list. Send me whatever you think is nice!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hello everyone!

No seeds today, I'm waiting on Lisam and sassy right now.

As far as splitting seeds down.

flowergirl..I think yours are at 10 seeds or under already and I won't split below 10 seeds. I did split a few and ended with a packet or teo with less than 10 seeds but counted them towards my own.

Siichan..I think yours are already broken down.

Deanna..I put yours in as they were, I think people will like large patches of what you sent in. Oh, wait..I did do one into 2.

Thank you all for the offer though! I think everyone will have at least 5 extras. I have a few done that have 10 or twenty BUT some are my garden seeds.

I'm anxious to finish this up, I am sick of looking at bubble envies all over one of my spare bedrooms...lol
    No, really...I get excited for everyone to get their packages back, especially if I was able to fill wishes.

I hope to get Lisa and sassy's envies tomorrow and work on the packages over the weekend and mail out on Monday morning.

Lisa

Alana, if your out there...I don't know how you did the last swap with so many people and seeds!

Vina, I will post a pic soon of my new bedroom, I just finished it today! You sent me a gift and it matches my colors perfectly, you won't belive it unless you see it!

Faye, thank you for the seeds marked special for me.

I hope I didn't leave anyone out...if I did I am sorry.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Flowergirl...I wasn't talking about your seeds when I said I split some down and ended up with a pack with less than 10 seeds...they were someone elses seeds, yours were NOt touched.

I think it's bed time..

Lisa

• poisondartfrog
    13 years ago

I'm out here Lisa. I was well and truly seedsick by the time I reclaimed my spare room too. I think that is why I could not bring myself to put together more seeds for this and another swap.
    Ah-there's always next year!
    Alana

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Alana, I'mglad you made it through!

Sassy and Lisam's seeds came today...I don't expect to get anymore. I had done a quick sort when the first few packs came but today I did some real sorting. I'm hoping to have all of them done by the begining of the week.

I will post tomorrow IF I can get out and mail the few that are ready!

Lisa

• zubababy
    13 years ago

Lisa, thank you for hosting and letting me know about this swap.
    I have received my seeds, and I'm excited to start sprouting some seeds.

Thank you everyone!

Kristi

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This swap is for COMMERCIAL SEEDS ONLY, and the packs must be seeds from 2010 or newer.

Since these will be commercial seeds, you will probably get 1/2 trades but it will allow you to try some of the newer varieties of seeds.

PLEASE DO NOT send any cosmos,marigold or zinnia mixes (i have way too many that I got stuck with) Please don't send dollar store seeds. If these types are sent they will not count towards your total number sent! They will be returned to you. We must be fair!

Flowers and veggies are fine, last year we did both and it worked out. I did have a player that sent in all veggie seeds but requested only flower seeds in return, this I cannot do. I can't send someone who sent all flower seeds all veggies in return.

( There is no minimum on the number of packs you can send)

Here are the rules...

1. Must be commercial seeds

2. your packages must be labeled with year and where purchased if not in original packaging. It would be great if your name was on the package also.

3. No more than 5 packs of the same type of seed (please don't make 5 packets of the same seed with 5 seeds in each package) I have purchased seeds that come with only 10 seeds to a package and shared 1/2 of that BUT I have also gotten seeds with 5 packages of 10 mixed marigold seeds. I try to keep this swap as fair as possible for everyone involved so please only send what you would be happy to get in return.

4. Must be mailed by March 1. I will send my addy as people sign up, you can mail whenever you are ready to do so.

5. seeds will be returned within one week from the last package that I receive.

6. have a current wants list for me to check when sorting. (last year I sent garden seeds if they were on someones wants list BUT did not count them towards my contribution to the swap!)

7. sign ups are until the mail date...The more the merrier!

When mailing seeds, please be sure to put the same amount of postage that it cost you to mail PLUS.85 for delivery conf.# (last year a package was lost and had no conf #)I felt bad so I replaced it with my own stash!

I mail from the post office so stamps or cash is fine, change will be returned with your seeds!

last but not least, I won't be sending reminders so please mark your calenders..

Happy New Year!

Lisa

• skyblue52
    11 years ago

Hello Iwould like to join. Thank u Susan