Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
conniesc_gw

New: April seed shower will bring May Flowers

conniesc
15 years ago

The last big seed Swap before summer is upon us!

Many of us have participated in multiple swaps that crossed over. With eveyone generousity I am sure that doubles will be received. The timing of this swap will allow for us to receive all of packages we are anxiously awaiting, review all the great items, update our 'wants' and 'have' lists and do it one last time.

You will look at members who sign up for this swap list, then choose items from their list to send them. Please make sure it is on someoneÂs want list, ALTHOUGH extras can be sent in and be given at random. The plan is to have seeds sent in from your want list

1. There will be no limit on the amount of seeds you send in. However, they must be marked with the person they are for, either by a number they will be matched too OR their GW name, extras that maybe included could be placed in a zip baggie with EXTRAS listed on it. This will be used to fill in any gaps there maybe in make-up returns. IF you do not want the number you send in returned to you then PLEASE let me know in your package.

2. You will get the seeds sent in to you UNLESS there are 3 packs of the same thing THEN they will go in a duplicate bowl and distributed among everyone.

3. You will have until March 1st to sign up and the envelopes must be in the mail by March 31st.

4. YOU MUST HAVE A WANT LIST!!!! IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU HAVE ON YOUR HAVE LIST BUT THE WANT LIST IS A MUST! Otherwise no one will know WHAT to send you! IF YOU PLAN TO SIGN UP PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE YOUR WANT LISTÂyou will have time to update BEFORE sending but PLEASE at least have something for us to look at.

5. This will be for packets received only, I will Âtry to match your returns with the number you send in, HOWEVER, I have no control over the number actually sent so you may only have a few packets sent to you, which will be available for return. UNDERSTAND THIS IS A ÂGIFT TO OTHERS SWAP.

6. Please send in a bubble envy with enough postage to send back to you. If it cost you 4 stamps to send to me then please include at least 4 stamps back.

7. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SEND IN TO ME BY March 31st. I plan to have these back to you in the mail by April 11th MAKE SURE YOU UPDATE YOUR LIST AFTER YOU RECIEVE FROM ANY OTHER SWAPS YOU ARE IN UNLESS YOU WANT DUPLICATES OF WHAT YOU ALREADY RECEIVED.

8. HAVE FUN!!! If you have a specific question you may ask it here.

Comments (150)

• yotetrapper
    15 years ago

Hey did you get my email this time nichol?

• ibartoo
    15 years ago

Thanks Connie, I appreciate the seed.
    Yote trapper, how long did you work with the html? I bought a book too, but I haven't gotten started yet.
    Linda

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

No, yotetrapper, i did not get it again. This is weird. I sent you one to see if you could get it that way. I will keep checking this thread for notes, though. Nichol

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Connie, Please sign me up too. :) I'd love to share some of my extras with gardeners that could use them. :)

• conniesc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

welcome southerncarm1 and gardenmom2 . Glad to have u included.

southerncharm1

gardenmom2

• yotetrapper
    15 years ago

Ok Nichole, trying one more time LOL. If you do not get this one, check your junk folder. A lot of my email from Gardenweb members ends up there.

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Nope. Nothin. Not even in the trash. here is my email. I trust everyone on here to not spam me or anything. LOL nicholbrosey@yahoo.com If you can delete it off here late that is fine, if not, oh well. Maybe now we can get through :) lol
    Nichol

• yotetrapper
    15 years ago

That is the address I had. I posted for you on Fran's wow I wanted that swap, about what I was trying to email you. Was wanting to see if you wanted to trade, but since you're in that swap, we could just do it there, if you are interested.

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

ok. sounds good. I will check that one.

• conniesc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Is anyone interested in these 'extra' seeds I have
    Candlestick cassia
    Quince ( crimson and gold)
    Sweet Pea: North Shore
    crepe myrtle lavender
    malva: zebrina
    Zinnia: Giant double pink
    Morning Glory Bush
    Sweet Annie
    Dahlia mox
    Datura- white
    Datura-blue

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Iwould love the malva zebrina, crepe myrtle lavender, and the dahlia mix if you still have it available. Even small amounts of seeds are great. Thanks Nichol

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Conniesc - I am interested in the Sweet Annie seeds. :) Thank you for welcoming me, I'm glad to be here.

• jaynine
    15 years ago

i'd love to try the quince, thanks.

• zinaray
    15 years ago

Iwould like some of your seed if any left, crepe mayrtla lavender/ dahlia mix /quince &zinnia giant double pink thanks

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

I would love some of the candlestick cassia. Thanks, Nikki

• jas_il
    15 years ago

Connie,
    I would like
    Dahlia mix
    Zinnia: Giant double pink
    malva: zebrina
    If you still have small amount is ok. Thanks

• conniesc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I have packed up what I could for everyone.. this is what is left

Sweet Pea: North Shore
    Morning Glory Bush
    Datura- white
    Datura-blue

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Connie, well I give in! May I join? I don't know how organized my seeds will be, but I do have some extras, and I believe I seen in one of your posts that you would sort them if they were not marked for anyone in paticular? : )

I will get my want list updated asap.
    Also, could you save me some sweet peas please? I would like to try them this year.

Vic

• conniesc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Welcome Vic, yep.. I want to make this easy and fun for everyone.. U can just toss them in an envelope and I will mstch them to someone's 'want' list. The only time u need to mark them is if you have some arrangement to send someone something and they do not have it on their want this. U can do this by just leaving me a note though.

• rosepedal
    15 years ago

Welcome Vic!

Hi Connie! I bet everybody is tired after the big game...Have a great day everybody...Barb

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Connie I would love the 'Sweet Pea North Shore' if it's still available!
    Southerncharm ~ you will love the Sweet Annie.. someone sent me seeds for this in a swap and the tiny seed packet perfumed the entire box!! They smell wonderful!!! I'll be trying to grow this from seed this year myself!
    :)

Hi Vic!! long time no see :P

I have the flu.. and am trying to make the rounds then hit the bed again.. ughh! So hi everyone.. lol

~Wendy

• jaynine
    15 years ago

gardenmom-
    is the lime four oclock from your want list the one with the chartreuse foliage and pink flowers named 'limelight'?

• ibartoo
    15 years ago

Rosepedal, do you by any chance still have some of the hibiscus helene seeds,and if so may I have some?
    Thanks, Linda

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Yes, jaynine, that would be it. I had limelight at somepoint and then I think I tried to fix it and well,you see the mess. I am in the middle of cleanng it up though.

Anyway, yes that would be her. Why, do you "happen" to know someone who knows someone with those ????? LOL
    Just kidding.

• jaynine
    15 years ago

gardenmom,
    why yes, i do know someone--they have quite a few things you're looking for!
    also, vic & wendy, I'll be sending in a bunch of different heirloom sweet peas so be sure to put them on your lists.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

yay! :)

• kamiljablo
    15 years ago

Has anyone looked at my list? I feel left out....

Kamil

• rosepedal
    15 years ago

I will look for you Ibartoo... :) I am not sure niece is keeping me busy. She is 8 I am loving life right now... Pitter patter..pitter patter :) Barb

• jaynine
    15 years ago

kamil,
    don't worry. i think i can manage to find a few things from your list, too!

• rosepedal
    15 years ago

Kamil..
    We are all working off everyones want list. You are covered with all of us :) Barb

• conniesc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kamil, I have a couple of things set aside for you...but I do have a newbie question. Give me some exampes for edible flowers :)

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Connie just wanted to say I love the timing of this swap.. everytime I look over it, I sigh and think oh good.. I have plenty of time ! lol :P Have 2 other big seed swaps to get finalized before I can totally focus on this one, but I've started browsing.. just love it when I see something I know I can share that'll make that person's day!

~Wendy

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Kamil, I will let you know I have a few things for you too! I have a question for you though-you have summer and winter squash. Do you want zucchini, yellow sq, pumpkins, acorn, butternut, ??????? I could keep going but I would just bore you !!! LOL Anyway, help me out here :)

This is such fun. By the way, I am doing this swap later on after my other swaps get here and trades, so I will probably have much, much more to share. SO MUCH FUN !!!!

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Here's a link that show all the edible flowers. :) Hope it helps out Conniesc.

Wendy, I can't wait!! I have heard that Sweet Annie smells absolutely divine! :) Thanks so very much for offering to share, I've been wanting this one for a while. Don't know why I didn't put it on my wish list. lol I also happen to have a spot picked out just for them so they can take over and be happy little plants. :D Imagine that, how bad have you got it, right? LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: Edible Flowers

• rosepedal
    15 years ago

Ibartoo Linda I found your Hibiscus Helen. I will put your name on them...Barb Have a good day everybody....

• kamiljablo
    15 years ago

Hey!

Garden mom! I prefer zucchini!

I had no clue daylilies are edible!

Kamil

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

That list kinda blew me away Kamil, I never imagined Hyacinth Bean to be safe to eat. Turns out that it's safe as long as they are young when you pick them. :) Opens that door to edible flower trades huh? lol

• kamiljablo
    15 years ago

Whats Hyacinth bean?
    And yes it does open a new door! Maybe someone could host a edible flower round robin...Maybe me? But how many people will sign up for a round robin started by a 14 year old! So I guess that idea is no good.

Kamil

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

why not you, Kamil? 14 or not, you're a gardener..."S"

• kamiljablo
    15 years ago

Hmmm....OKAY! I will try to put one together! Sorry for using up valuable thread space!

Kamil

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

Ok, why not, the very last swap, Right? I saw that someone else signed up that didn't have much seeds left, that's like me, unless I hit jackpot with the returned swap packages, so if that' ok may I join you in this swap? Chris

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Kamil, here is a link to the Hyacinth Bean vine, it comes in a few different colors, White being rare. I had it, but the freeze we got a couple weeks ago killed it before I could collect seeds. :( Anywho, it produces beautiful flowers and the white ones smelled absolutely divine! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Hyacinth Bean Vine Info

• conniesc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

wendy, the sweet peas are packed away in your 'bag'.

Thanks SothernCharm for the link, I never knew I had so many edible flowers :) Very interesting.

GroLikeCrazy, welcome.. Come join the fun!!!

• conniesc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

This is more for new people joining.

Important dates to remember:

Sign-ups: March 1st
    Date for all pages to be updated -> March 1st
    ---Copies of everyones pages will be emailed to everyone shortly after that.

All seeds must reach me in Ohio by March 31st. This is important so I can use some time off I have to get these turned around asap.

conniesc

rosepedal

yotetrapper

rane_grow

lindaruzicka

sassybutterfly_2008

chitownladyd

kamiljablo

nikkeneel

sguanzon

poisondartfrog

jas_il

dan_the_mailman

thehills2

jaynine

zinaray

iabrtoo

threeshyacres

southerncharm1

gardenmom2

vic_zn5

grolikecrazy

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

I am sorry that I have not been able to keep up with the posts on this one. I will be paying more attention going forward.
    Is there a list of folks whose trade pages are updated or of those who are waiting to update, or are we waiting until March 1 for everyone's list?
    This may have already been explained, but I can't find it.
    Thanks, Alana

• conniesc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Poisondartfrog, I think a lot of us are in patty's swap. She is incredible.. she already started mailing packages back. but I think that is a great question. I know for me, anything on my list I would be happy with doubles.

why doesn't everyone post their thoughts here and I can place them next to your name

1) your want list is ready for people to review
    2) please wait until march 1st

sound ok?

• conniesc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Also, another question. would u like to receive an email with a word document of everyone's want list. I will be putting one together for myself so it would be easy for me to send it out, if desired.

• jaynine
    15 years ago

i'm waiting for 2 RR's to come and would prefer if people waited until i update. i'm pretty sure it'll be before march 1st. i can post when done. thanks.

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

I will wait to update mine as well.

• yotetrapper
    15 years ago

I'd like to wait. I didnt wait on Frans swap and am sure I will get some doubles, so for this one, since we have so much time, I would like to wait and try and get some brand new flowers.