Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ishareflowers

2013 commercial seed swap

This swap is for COMMERCIAL SEEDS ONLY, the packs must be seeds from 2010 or newer. Since these will be commercial seeds, you will probably get 1/2 trades but it will allow you to try some of the newer varieties out there.

PLEASE DO NOT send any cosmos,marigold or zinnia mixes (i have way too many that I got stuck with) Please don't send dollar store type seeds. If these types are sent they will not count towards your total number sent and will be returned to you.

PLEASE DO NOT send seeds that are known to have a short shelf life if probable viability time has gone by. A few seeds are good for one year only, such as onions, parsnips, parsley, chives, shiso, scorzonera, Batavian endive, licorice, pennyroyal, St Johnswort, liatris, delphinium, larkspur, perennial phlox, and any seed that has been pelleted (copied from Fedco).

Flowers and veggies are fine, last year we did both and it worked out. I did have a player that sent in all veggie seeds request only flower seeds in return, this I cannot do. If you sent in all veggies seeds, chances are you will get mostly veggie seeds back.

Here are the rules...

1. Must be commercial seeds

2. your packages must be labeled with year and where purchased if not in original packaging.

3. No more than 5 packs of the same type of seed (please don't make 5 packets of the same seed with 5 seeds in each package) I have purchased seeds that come with only 10 seeds to a package and shared only 5 seeds of that, However, I have also gotten seeds with 5 packages of 10 mixed marigold seeds. Please don't do that...lol. I try to keep this swap as fair as possible for everyone involved so please only send what you would be happy to get in return.

4. SEEDS MUST REACH ME by March 1. I will send my addy as people sign up, you can mail whenever you are ready to do so.

5. seeds will be mailed out to you no later than March,7th. I have sent out packages before if a complete wishlist has been filled.

6. I must have a current WANTS LIST, either sent with your seeds or on your gw page for me to check when sorting out the incoming packages.

7. sign ups are until the mail date...The more the merrier!

When mailing seeds, please be sure to put the same amount of postage that it cost you to mail PLUS.85 for delivery conf#. In 3 three years only one package has been lost, sadly, it didn't have a conf#. I replaced the seeds but I will not be replacing if a package is lost. I strongly suggest a delivery conf#!!

I mail from the post office so stamps or cash is fine, change will be returned with your seeds!

Last but not least, I send seeds from my garden if I see them on your wants list. I do not count them towards my contribution but you may want to add an extra stamp or two just in case. I ALWAYS return any unused postage!!!

Happy New Year!

Lisa

Comments (150)

• happygardener23
    11 years ago

Heuchera Ginger Ale!

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    11 years ago

My letter of day is O for oh no I goofed !!!

• poisondartfrog
    11 years ago

Congrats, Happy G.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Congrats HappyG!!! I will post a list of my 2013 seeds later today.

NEW GAME!

This will be like a wheel of fortune....lol Each player will take an imaginary spin and call a letter. 1 spin and 1 guess per day, per player.

This is a quote

_ / _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _/ _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _/ _ _ _ _ _/ _ _ _ _ _/-- _ _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ _/ _ _ _ _ , _ _ _ / _ _ _/ _ _ _/_ _ _ _ _ _ _/ _ _ _/ _ _ _ / _ _ _/_ _ _ _ _ _ _..

Good luck!

the / separates each word.

• socalgardengal
    11 years ago

My letter for the day is S

• sjc48
    11 years ago

My letter for the day is T!

11 years ago

MY letter for today is O

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    11 years ago

_ / _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _/ _ _ _ _ _ s / _ _ _ _ t s/ t _ _ _ _/ s _ _ _ s/-- _ _ _ / _ _ _ / t _ _/ _ _ _ s , _ _ _ / _ _ _/ t _ _/_ _ _ t _ _ _/ _ _ _/ _ _ _ / _ _ _ /_ _ _ s _ _ _..

keep em coming

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    11 years ago

_ / _ oo _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _/ _ _ _ _ _ s / _ _ _ _ t s/ t _ _ _ _/ s _ _ _ s/-- o _ _ / _ o _ / t _ _/ _ _ _ s , o _ _ / _ o _/ t _ _/_ _ _ t _ _ _/ _ _ _/ o _ _ / _ o _ /_ _ _ s _ _ _..

Lisa

• socalgardengal
    11 years ago

My letter for the day is R :)

• sjc48
    11 years ago

My letter for the day is H!

• poisondartfrog
    11 years ago

I'll try 'n' if it is not taken.

• pinkiris
    11 years ago

Letter M

11 years ago

I'll choose an E

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    11 years ago

_ / _ oo _ / _ _ r _ e n e r/ _ _ _ _ _ s / _ _ _ n t s/ three/ s ee _ s/ one / _ o r / t he/ _ _ _ s , one / _ o r/ the/_ e _ t h er/ _ n _/ one / _ o r /h _ m s e _ _..

• jas_il
    11 years ago

I think I got it:

"A good gardener always plants three seeds one for the bugs, one for the weather and one for himself."

11 years ago

A good gardner always plants three seeds one for the bugs,one for the weather, and one for himself.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Congrats Jasmine!

Suzanne, you just missed it!

HappyG and Jasmine, I will send you a list of seeds to choose from as soon as my neck will allow me to sit long enough to type it out,

Lisa

11 years ago

Congradulations Happygardner and Jasmine!! I need to type faster next time. LOL

• jas_il
    11 years ago

Thanks Lisa,
    Wow! Super excited! Since English is my second language so I never thought that I am able to do it.

Thanks Suzaane, I am really sorry.

Happygardener23 - Congrats!

• meimei007
    11 years ago

I would love to join. I am gathering my commercial seeds as I am writing this.

• meimei007
    11 years ago

I would love to join. I am gathering my commercial seeds as I am writing this.

• happygardener23
    11 years ago

Thanks jas_il, same to you!

Lisa, I'm sorry to be a pain, but I can't seem to find the email you sent with your address. Would you please send it again? My package is almost ready to go.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    11 years ago

PLEASE DONT OPEN AN EMAIL SENT FROM ME TODAY>>>>I WAS HACKED!

I have taken the proper measures to fix it but to be sure, don't open anything today.

Jaynine, thank you!

Welcome, meimei...I will email in the morning.

Lisa

HappyG, if you still need my addy, I will resend in the morning.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    11 years ago

PLEASE DONT OPEN AN EMAIL SENT FROM ME TODAY>>>>I WAS HACKED!

I have taken the proper measures to fix it but to be sure, don't open anything today.

Jaynine, thank you!

Welcome, meimei...I will email in the morning.

Lisa

HappyG, if you still need my addy, I will resend in the morning.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi,

I got 4 packages in today!

imabirdnut
    sjc
    Rhodes
    April in fla......I need your screen name please.
    Monica in NY...I need your screen name too!

Lisa

• sassybutterfly_2008
    11 years ago

Lisa ~ I'm sorry I didn't get back here to post the want list..lol I must've missed that part of the directions. I just had the swap on my calendar and knew about the mailing date. I'll be mailing mine this wkend. It's close to the finish line but it's the best I can do! New job, full time school, plus doing all the 'mom stuff' in between. *whew*

I just gotta look forward for those happy moments of seeing those manila packages with seeds in the mailbox to make my day! Luckily the job is short term and will end just in time for spring planting..LOL

• pinkiris
    11 years ago

Lisa,

Where are we to be posting our wish list at? please help

thanks!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Pink,

scroll down further than this post and you will see the commercial seed swap wish list post.

I got 3 packages of seeds today..

Kousa
    randysbirds-Thank you for the flower packet!
    Lisa-Oregon- I need your screen name please

Please if you haven't mailed yet, put your gw screen name on your seed packets! I have to put them on when you don't so that you don't get your own seeds back.

Lisa

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have not gotten seeds from the following people.

Sassy- will mail soon
    Meimei- getting them together
    Pinkiris-mailed
    a_ard- haven't heard anything
    gardenerz-mailed
    primrose-mailed
    legallyheidi-dropped
    patrob-dropped

As soon as I get all the packages in, the madness can begin...lol

Lisa

• Michelle Reynolds
    11 years ago

hello lisa

I dont see where you receved and I'm not on the not yet receved. could you please check and see if mine made it. my seeds from the new years swap never made it back so I'm hopping these didnt get lost as well.
    michelle

• meimei007
    11 years ago

I have my seeds together but do not have your address. I think you said your email was hacked and that you would send it the next morning, but I never got it.

• meimei007
    11 years ago

I have my seeds together but do not have your address. I think you said your email was hacked and that you would send it the next morning, but I never got it.

• happygardener23
    11 years ago

Lisa,
    You don't have my seeds yet either because I haven't sent them. I too am still waiting on an email with your address, please.

Thank you!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi,

I have emailed both Mei and happygardener through the garden web....They don't always go through that way, neither one of you have an email listed for me to send you my addy. Please sent me an email ishareflowers@aol.com from your regular email NOT GARDEN WEB....:)

Rhodes, I got an envy today. I thought it was your postage because it didn't come in your first package. It was a sasbe that you were sending to Vina, you mailed it to the wrong person! Please let me know what you want me to do with it.

Lisa

• happygardener23
    11 years ago

Lisa,
    I received the email that you just sent with your address. Thank you. I have my seed packed up and will mail first thing Monday (will post confirmation then). I'm waiting to see if I find anything else fun to add at the seed swap that I'm attending on Sunday.

• happygardener23
    11 years ago

Lisa,
    My seeds are in the mail. I'm glad that I waited until after the local seed swap that I attended yesterday. I took home many new goodies that I was able to pass along into this swap.

Thanks again for taking on this project!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi,

I have sorted alphabetically all the seeds that have been sent in thus far. We have lots of veggies! I will be sending you ONLY the amount of veggies that you sent in unless you say that you want extras/doubles.. Flower growers, if you want some veggies, say so. Kousa sent in very large full packs of veggies and doesn't want anything in return "I will be sending her some garden surprise seeds>. .These will be extras and not counted towards your return numbers. "I will make up the flower difference with my stash>

Primrose
    micyrey
    gardenerz

I got your seeds!

4 more days to March, 1st...Please get your seeds out now!

Lisa

• carodavis
    11 years ago

I'm in and sending seeds today! Sorry for the late entry, just found this today. Please let me know your address, thanks!

• happygardener23
    11 years ago

Well twist my arm....I would LOVE extra veggie seeds if you have them. I sent about 60% veg/herbs and 40% flowers, and I certainly don't need the exact ratio in return.

Thanks again!

11 years ago

I'll take a few veggies, my garden is smallish so don't need corn or plants that take alot of space. Thanks Suz

• Michelle Reynolds
    11 years ago

hello
    Im ok with more vegies.
    esp tomatoes, lettuce, and beans.
    michelle

• socalgardengal
    11 years ago

Hi Lisa, I would love a few extra veggie seeds if possible. This is my first season growing anything, getting excited! Thank you very much!~ Christine

• grdngramma
    11 years ago

I'd love to have any extra veggies you have left over too.

• grdngramma
    11 years ago

I'd love to have any extra veggies you have left over too.

• jas_il
    11 years ago

I can take some extra veggies especially beans, chard, lettuces, eggplants, strawberry, basil, greens. okra or leftover anything

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

Lisa,

I just sent you an email....if you have any beets, gold, white etc, might you please send some my way?

Thanks,

Annie

• pinkiris
    11 years ago

I would love any extra veggies, anything would be fantastic! =) thank you!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Happygardener...I sent you an email. Please let me know if you didn't get it!

I have everyones seeds EXCEPT for the following:

Sassy

a-aard908

cdavis-being fed exed today.

Lisa

• elliesfun
    11 years ago

Hi Lisa,
    I will take some vegies but since I am gardening in raised garden boxes, I can't use corn, squash, and large watermelon that take large areas., But if they are bush v
    vegies, beans, etc. that would be ok.

Thanks Lisa,

Ellie

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm