Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mamabirrd

7100 Traveling Daylilies...Jan. swap

mamabirrd
18 years ago

This round robin is an extention of a wonderful group of traders, the Traveling Daylilies, who when at all possible trade daylilies. We have the most awesome group of traders, proven, experienced, honest, giving, sharing and awesome loving people. The way into this group is to have traded and proven yourself honest. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recommendation. We'd love to have you!

We are currently doing a January swap called "Give to the animals".

Deadline for sign-ups is noon today. I will send out the details of the swap early this evening, along with your partners name.

Here is my list of players so far:

myself

Jo

Susie

Cindy O

Debbie

Marea

Carol

Maryanne

Carmen

Mary B

Rebecca

Jean

C'mon everyone, give to the animals! It will be a very creative and fun swap.

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

Comments (106)

• cody_mi
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

meghan is 16 so she's taken over my spot for the youngest! but i'm still the prettiest!! lol

• User
    18 years ago

I got the most wonderful surprixe in the mail yesterday--a brithday subscription to Gardening Design from Deni & Meghan. Thank you, thank you so very much! At my age (will be 49 on the 20th), I usually get phone calls and a dinner out on my birthday, but no real gifts. What a great surprise. I'll think of you both all year long.
    I hope you're feeling better soon. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Sharon/TMA: I'd hang the quilt by basting a casing on top AND bottom--top for the rod and then fill the bottom casing with something for weight, a solid metal dowl (I've bought them in Home Depot, they're like small-diameter rebars in the plumbing section), a tube of sand, drapery weights or pennies. Your idea of basting velcro is pretty good, too. My initial concern was permanently attaching the velcro and then changing your mind and using the quilt on a bed--OUCH!--but if you can remove it, that would work.

Joey & Ricky--soooo good to see your names posted again, welcome home, boys.

Cody--you're lamenting being 24? I have sheets older than you!

Gloria--I, too, found out the hard way that wedding dresses are not returnable. Hang onto it, things may change. If she doesn't end up wearing it, send it to me and I'll turn it into the most exquisite christening gown and coat for that first baby (eventually, I'm not pushing things).

Sherri--please update us on your mom and son. I hope they're both doing well.

Debbie/buds--hey, NO FAIR! I've been a nurse 29 years and STILL have 17 more to go before retirement. I'm going to go slap my financial planner . . .oh, wait . . . I don't have one. Hmmmm, maybe that's the problem!

Where's Paul? He's awfully quiet.

Dianne/dian57

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

Happy Happy Morning All!

Shirley - If you must know I'm 46 and loving it.
    Once again your email was so cute. The dog/light bulb joke was a smile maker!

Gloria - I did wipe away a tear, not from the poem, but from "TODAY MY DAUGHTER ASKED ME IF i WOULD BE HER MAID OF HONOR!!!!" When God closes one door he opens another!

Jo - interesting idea of putting weight on the bottom of the quilt. It is all so new to me. I did go to some web sites last night and found one that says the Amish use Velco, so maybe I will try that one. Will have to think if I want to put weight (less holes in the wall - you know how men are about those!)or velcro on the bottom. I was just wanting some first hand knowledge from my TDL friends.

Your offer to Gloria for making the Christening dress is wonderful! Your a sweetheart.

Deb/bud - I'm a working Medical Technologist since '82. We are planning on retiring at 60. Kids should be done with college by then ... right?
    I'm working with a lady who is 65 and has no plans of retiring ... I don't understand!
    sharon/tma

• marybz5ny
    18 years ago

Good Morning Everyone,
    Just wanted to say hi to everyone real quickly before getting started on the day. We have another beautiful day in store for us. The last two days were sunny and in the mid 50's. I had to work both days and it KILLED ME! I am off today and it is supposed to be in the 60's today. I am planning on being in my gardening boots and gloves when the school bus pulls away and I have to whole day to do what I want! I am planning on explanding my iris bed with newspaper layers and bagged topsoil, manure and peat that I have stored away in the garage. (Gotta get ready for those iris coming from Shirley). Also going to pull a few weeds that I saw coming already in the gardens. Then I'm going to mulch some areas that I never got to before the snow fell last time. I should have Spring Fever pretty good by the end of today just in time for the snow and return of winter that we're going to get tomorrow. Oh well, here it is mid-January and it's been not too bad yet so I won't complain. Canna, think it's time for your countdown to Spring. And CindyO, some daylily pictures would be nice. I've been spending some time over on the LA looking a daylilies - not ordering - just looking. **Sigh**

Gloria, I've been thinking it would be fun to do another co-op daylily buy like we did last summer. I know it was alot of work for you to have them sent, divide, repack and ship to all of us. I would be willing to organize it if you would want to hook me up with your source. I could contact him and see if he will be offering any of those awesome $5 fans if we buy in quantity. Let me know.

Shirley, I am 45. I have never been embarassed about my age either. I truly believe you are as old as you feel.

Well, it's getting light outside so I'm off and running........
    MaryB

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

I started my previous post with "Happy Happy Morning All" because I was going to say.

HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13TH

The 13th is always a lucky day for me!
    ">
    sharon/tma

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

MaryB - your right, a beautiful day to work in the garden. We still have our Christmas Tree waiting in the backyard for hubby to use the chain saw and cut the branches so I can put them on my garden (like you, I still have areas that don't have mulch). I think I will go out and do the cutting myself with a hand saw.

I must be gabby today.
    sharon/tma

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

Shirley-54
    Debbie -52
    Dianne-49
    Sharon-46
    MaryB-45
    Canna-32
    Cody-23 (The Prettiest) I bet you are very handsome
    Meghan-16(Our Baby of the Group) AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Good grief I am the oldest.

Shirley

• abitodd
    18 years ago

Me is 41

Cody....Meghan said prove it...lets see a picture of your pretty little self :)

Deni

• mareas
    18 years ago

Au contraire, dear Shirley, you & Momma G are are the same age but I have you both beat by a year - will be 56 in April and am just loving my senior discounts at the second hand store!

Loved your laughing kitten, Sharon!

Its been raining here for months * I am nearly as wet as Carol - the deluge of downpours stopped just in time to prevent another news breaking round of catastrophic flooding here, however, so it could be worse... me & Herb & the cats have cabin fever BIG time, tho.

The upside is that this weather helped me name my "nursery": ~Raincolor Daylilies~

Tana - thanks for showing your greenhouse photos! Your venture is exactly my hearts desire & I wish you every success. Jo, you too!

Off to clean horse & emu stalls in the rain, marea

PS - M&M's on tuesday, Momma G!

• veeja11
    18 years ago

26 days of rain and still pouring, I think I may be molding or is it moulding? going to bathe in tilex for mold and mildew tonight. hope it helps. I want spring, and a color other than green or brown. Cody and Meghan I bet you are both pretty. darn I may be the oldest. my oldest grandson is graduating this year, should have given me a clue. go Sea hawks, sorry Mamma. whoever posted the fruit salad recipe, I have it a couple of times a week now. but use fruit cocktail, tropical fruit, mini marshmallows, boy is it good. thankyou, I love this group, paul where are you?

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

Marea-55
    Gloria-54
    Shirley-54
    Debbie -52
    Dianne-49
    Sharon-46
    MaryB-45
    Deni-41
    Canna-32

Well I lost my spot. Marea is now in first place.
    Carol, you didn't tell your age???? Come on now. Fess up so I can put you in the list.

Marea-Lots of fast food restaurants give discounts at age 50 here. Love it also. Love that catchy name RAINCOLOR DAYLILIES.

Carol-LMK how the tilex bath goes. Toooo cute.

Cody-Yes we demand a picture now. Let's see one soon.

Shirley

• juspeachy
    18 years ago

Helloooooooooooo!!!

Joey and Ricky,
    It is so good to see you post. Hurry back, we miss you.

Shirley,
    I have never been ashamed of my age. Just because you are older doesn't mean you can't be immature. (grinz)
    I am 47, will be 48 in March.I would never go back to being 20 something. I like my age very much.Yes, I did get the pics, I will be glad to send you a pic or 2 when it is done.Thanks again.

Deni,
    How are you? Is everything feeling a bit better now? Hope so. Hugs.

Barb,
    Will keep you in thoughts and prayers. Hope the surgery does all you could possibly hope for.

Right,
    Where IS Paul?

Carol and Marea,
    I am so sorry you guys are molding. Here is wishing that the sun will come out for both of you soon.

Cody,
    Yes, lets see a pic.

Marea,
    Emu???? You raise them? I think they are cool. Got some pics? I must have missed something, I never knew you had emu(s).

Gloria,
    Loved the poem, but I too had to wipe a tear about DD. Keep saying those prayers. Things will work out.

have a great night all,

Jo

• mareas
    18 years ago

Jo, remember the horses I work with? Their owner has been an Emu breeder for 20 years and I am learning to appreciate & love those strange, scary feathered dinasaurs. I can't find my dvd with the enu photos right now - but will post or email them in the next few...

Here is a daylily I hope to register as 'Raincolor Magenta' ~ {{gwi:1233933}}

• tanarae
    18 years ago

Look at that, now I am back to tanarae. I just don't get it???? Anyway wanted to say thanks for all the kudos on my greenhouse. I feel like a new mom. LOL I just love it. I have not moved my plants to the nursery site yet. My hubby and I live in the country on 17 acres and we have a well here. So I have a large container area here on a timer that takes care of the watering. I probly won't move the plants till the last minute and then only a small amount of each variety as needed to keep the water bill in check and the space. It is really going to be an adventure. I am 49 1/2 so if I don't do what I trully love now I am afraid I will never have the energy that it takes to pull it off so I am going for it. All I can do is fail. I own the property so all I will loose is my investment in inventory and that is a small price to pay for a dream so what the heck, you only live once! LOL I hope it all works out but I know if it doesn't it won't be because I didn't give it my best shot. I will post some pics after I get the house/gift shop and plants in the nursery set up so everyone can see. I certainly want it to succeed. My son that lives in Florida is supposed to come home the first of next month to help me finish setting it up and my expected opening day is March 15th. We will see as I am supposed to have a little surgery this month but if they don't get it scheduled soon I may just say to heck with it. Waiting around for doctors is messing up my plans! I am ready to move forward. I am truly excited and nervous as a tick too! Anyway thanks again for all the nice complements on my greenhouse, you are all sooooo sweet. Tanarae

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

sharon,

a dear friend of mine collects quilts and most of them are hung by those decorative curtain rods. one at the top and one at the bottom. she used tabs (similar to belt loops) on the back and actually fastened them by velcro squares. she doesn't sew, so this was her method of choice and it worked well. decorative rods and hooks and they really look fabulous. she has quilts in all the rooms, hallways, etc. i don't know how wide your quilt is, but she has a support in the middle of the rod as well on some of the larger ones. some of the rods are so decorative and seem to have been made specifically with the quilt in mind. she said it became as much a task to choose a rod as it did a quilt.

carol - tilex bath -- mildew. you just crack me up, you old coot!

tana, i just love the greenhouse. i am in the process of building the base for mine. my son is running the water line and the electician - who never shows when he says he will (but is such a cutie with a gorgeous smile, so it's worth the wait :). i love the fact that you live on 17 acres too. that's my desire, to live on land, garden, raise chickens and i would be content for the rest of my life. i have had the itch to move for the last couple years, but certain obligations keep me here, for at least now. my dream will not die, though.

marea, as usual another gorgeous flower...makes me long for spring. emu poop, hmmmm. does that make good compost?

FYI: age is just a matter of mind, if you don't mind, it don't matter!

temps here are most excellent, although we've had a little rain. the cold stuff is coming. looking forward to it, want to start winter sowing.

hello everyone, hope you are all well.

earthly/maryanne

• luvmybulbs
    18 years ago

Evening all. I have been workig way too much. We had rain then snow today. I am so ready for warm weather.

I am an orginal bear and I just turned 37 in Dec.

Gloria, what is up with the wedding? I think I missed something. When is she getting married?

Marea the daylily is very pretty.

Joey-great to hear from you, we sure do miss you.

Tana I am very jealous of the greenhouse.

• meghan_in_ms
    18 years ago

Hey all!!!

Cody i will make you a deal. If you put up a picture I will. Then evoryone can vote. And we will see who is the prittiest!!!LOL

Love All
    Meghan

• veeja11
    18 years ago

ok I was born in 1947, so must be the oldest, still raining here. I knew I was in trouble when we moved here and I saw commercials on tv about body mold and fungus controll, I moved here from arizona, I miss the sun. I bet both Cody and Meghan are cute. Deni does not look old enough to have a 16 yr old daughter tho. I got wax and empty pop bottles for christmas so am going to try candlemaking tomorrow. wax is expensive 25.00 a sheetTiyli and I had fun shopping for Bailey and Chelsea she wanted to eat the hamsters tho hugs to all moldy carol

• skohler
    18 years ago

Good morning all
    sorry I've not posted in awhile but as you all Know
    I have critters :))
    But I also cook, clean, laundry & shop for 3 elderly couples down the road in the trailer park :))
    that has really kept me running this week for mary kay
    the sweetest of them all fall the other day thursday
    & I spent most the day with her.

I will try to catch up on here with you all soon .
    but I have to get caught up on my house work here today :))
    by the way I"m 56 yr old &

{{gwi:1233934}}

We all get heavier as we get older because there's a lot more information in our heads. So I'm not fat, I'm just really intelligent and my head couldn't hold any more so it started filling up the rest of me!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it !!!!
    Have a great weekend
    susie

• nyvoices99
    18 years ago

Good Morning Everyone,

Quick check in here today, my stupid computer froze up last week & I had to wait for DH to have the time to help me move a 8' X4' storage unit out of the way to get it unplugged, got that puppy moved this morning & I am back in action:)

I know I have a ton more catching up to do, But I HAD to get on & Thank Deni & Meghan for the beautiful Thinking Of You card they sent me Thursday, Thank you both so much, That was VERY thoughtful of you:)

Have to run ton's to do today, One of the orginal older bear's 25 I wish:) OK 39 :)Anita

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

Carol-59
    Susie-56
    Marea-55
    Gloria-54
    Shirley-54
    Debbie -52
    Dianne-49
    Tanarae-49
    Jo-47
    Sharon-46
    MaryB-45
    Deni-41
    Angie-37
    Canna-32

Meghan-Way to go---------Bring Cody out with a good challenge.

Susie-That's right about the info in our heads. Good thinking.

I feel proud that the younger daylily generation likes us enough to be in the group. Thank you all so much. I learn things from my GD all the time. It is nice I can keep up with all the new fads and things going on.

Marea-Love that daylily RAINCOLOR MAGENTA. Beautiful daylily. Talking about Emu's. I was reading this week in our local paper about an Emu farm and Alpaca farm here in Franklin. Both very interesting. I plan to visit them both when the weather gets a little nicer. Blowing snow here today.

Jo-Looking forward to the pictures when you get it made.

Off to get ready...Going to Lowe's and buy paint. Painting my kitchen red. My DD painted hers red and I love it.

Shirley

• onesherri
    18 years ago

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't gotten on to post about Jake but as always around here nothing is simple. We ended up staying in the hospital two days and still having breathing problems. Then this morning he woke up crying his ears hurt. It has been one thing right after another. One thing clears up and another goes wrong. I feel so awful for him. He is taking at least some kind of yucky meds about every hour on top of not feeling well anyway. I think if I had known it was going to be this hard on him, I would have rethought the whole thing. Because obviously it didn't fix the breathing problem that we were hoping for.
    Doctor is still holding out hope that once all the swelling goes down, it will still help the breathing trouble. But really won't know until he gets his next cold. Which I hope is like..... next year. :) Well sorry to deliver such a crappy update but fingers are crossed for tomorrow. Thanks for all your prayers and keep em coming. Sherri

• juspeachy
    18 years ago

Morning everyone,

Di,
    It was wonderful chatting with you this morning. So looking forward to the time we can meet. Have a great time at your party.You have a warm friendly voice that matches your warm friendly personality. Huge hugs to you.

Marea,
    GORGEOUS Daylily. I love the name you chose, both for your business and your daylily.

Tana,
    Wonderful. Reminds me of a story... A lady wrote to Dear Abby, she sadi she really wanted to go to med school, but that by the time she graduated (8 years I believe it was) she would be 54 years old. She wasn't sure if she should go for it. Abby's answer to her?? "How old will you be in 8 years if you don't go to med school"?
    You go for it. I know you will make it a huge success.

Meghan,
    Allllllriggghhhht!!!!

Cody,
    C'mon Cody, rise to her challange, lets see your goreous face. (both of you.)

Susie,
    I LOVE IT. That is just too cool. I am really gonna have to adopt that phrase.

Anita,
    Hey girl, good to see you posting. Hope the 'puter will behave now.

Sherri,
    I am so sorry to hear about DS. Keep your(and his) spirits up. It will get better. Hang on to the info that once the swelling goes he will improve. Big hugs, keeping you and DS in my prayers.

Well, off to get something done.
    Have a great day everyone,

big hugs to all,

Jo

• pchanggeo
    18 years ago

Hi everyone.
    Age... well, I hit the big 40 last month. My health insurance went up accordingly :(.

Eveyone should go over to Webster Daylilies forum and register... only Barb and I played the last game (and declared winners). Come on over...

Winter Wonderland is blooming.
    {{gwi:1233935}}

• raggedyann161420
    18 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I will be a big 55 on my birthday this year. I'm still not home, but will be later, and will try and post.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• User
    18 years ago

The phone rang this morning as DH and I were cleaning the house for a party tomorrow with his family. Since his parents passed, we rarely see his side all together so I invited them all up. Guess who was on the phone . . .JO!

What a great time we had talking. I think we should all forget the swap in February and just pick up the phone and call our partner. What a kick!

Because I'm not busy enough cleaning, I sit down to pet Maizie (my million dollar bassett hound) and feel a lump of sticky crud on her back near her tail. On further inspection, it's a patch of thick, yellow, flaky skin and IT'S ALL OVER HER!

Off to the vet we go. 2 1/2 hours and $278 later, I come home with a dog with bacterial folliculitis (in her eyes, too) and osteoarthritis. Vet drew blood for Lyme and Ehrlichiitis and gave her a big, honking cortisone shot to stop the itching. I have antibiotics to give her twice a day for 3 weeks, anti-inflammatory medicine for a week, Glucosamine/Chondroitin twice daily, antibiotic eye ointment 3 times a day and a medicated shampoo twice a week.

He offered allergy testing but the bloodwork cost another $280 and I passed for now. He thinks it's most likely a food allergy. Miss Maizie is now on kangaroo-based food. Can you stand it? Jeeze Louise, I never had this much trouble (or expense) raising my kids!

I just got out of the bathroom after the first bath and I'm exhausted. Ever struggle to hold a 65 lb dog who is determined to jump out of the tub? One hand on her chest, the other juggling the shampoo and shower spray. then the shampoo has to stay on for 10 minutes before rinsing!

Right now she's busy shaking herself (spraying wet dog hair all over) and I look like I crawled out of a dumpster.

DH, thank God, continued to clean the house through all this--he gave me a choice--I chose the wrong option.

Gotta go clean and start cooking.

Dianne/dian57

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

Wooo Hooooo more ages.

Carol-59
    Susie-56
    Marea-55
    Annie-55
    Gloria-54
    Shirley-54
    Debbie -52
    Dianne-49
    Tanarae-49
    Jo-47
    Sharon-46
    MaryB-45
    Deni-41
    Paul-40
    Anita-39
    Angie-37
    Canna-32
    Cody-23
    Meghan-16

Got my DH painting my REDDDDDDD kitchen. Gosh I hope it's going to look alright. It's to late now anyway.

My Aunt and Uncle called and invited us for supper. Could not have happened at a better time. My kitchen is turned upside down.

Shirley

• User
    18 years ago

I shoulda known.

My little sister cannot, CANNOT cook. I don't know what keeps her children from starvation. Must be my BIL.

Anyway.

In planning this party, I decided to make a clam dip recipe she included in my SILs bridal recipe book. I skimmed the ingredients for the shopping list but never read the directions.

Now that I'm under the gun I have all my stuff ready and THE DIRECTIONS ARE INSANE! Some ingredients aren't mentioned in them, others don't specify amounts. What was I thinking?

I had to search through 4 Google pages of Clam Dip recipes before I found one to kinda match the ingredients on hand. Wait till the next time I talk to her (laughing at my own foolishness) . . .

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

Shirley, A Red Kitchen ~ have to see a picture of that when you are done!

Also, I had to laugh when you said you thought your Garden Club could teach you something about gardening. Ours is the same way. They are all nice ladies, but I had the biggest garden and knew quite a bit more than them. I didn't stay with the group cause they met at a bad time for me (with kids). I will go back someday. I think it is great you that you were the 'speaker'!!!!
    sharon/tma

• onesherri
    18 years ago

Good morning everyone. Well yesterday turned out to be not such a bad day once the ears quit hurting. He had probably his best day since surgery. Actually ate a little and I didn't have to force him to drink all day. We had a bit of a rocky night but he is feeling good this morning. Mad at me for not playing Mario but otherwise doing well.

Merea, I love the name of your new venture. I wish you all of the success in the world with it.

Susie, LOL. That cartoon is to cute.

Dianne, I have been there, done that and feel for you with the dog. My Bubba who passed away last year had skin trouble constantly. My experience with the allergy part is don't bother with the skin tests. Most often won't eliminate you having to medicate for the skin trouble. Best thing to do is just stay on top of it and don't let it get out of hand. Often if you use that medicated shampoo upon first noticing the skin it will clear it back up. Good luck. Sherri

• tanarae
    18 years ago

Diane wow what a nitemare with the pooch. It will be worth it though to have your friend well again. Hubby is a real sweetie to, cleaning house? My hubby would have quickly run out to his shop to hide from the whole ordeal. LOL Hope your party is a great success.

Shirley, cant wait to see some pics of the red kitchen. Bet it turns out great. Wish I had enough gumption to use color that way. I am way too traditional when it comes to color in the home. I did do a nice wall treatment on the living room of the town house. I painted a wainscott of faux wicker and put up a chair rail. It looks great and very tropical feel to the room which is what I wanted for the gift shop area in the house.
    {{gwi:1233936}}
    {{gwi:1233938}}

Heres the kitchen cabinets I did a faux insert and trimmed it out to make the old cabinets look like they had wicker panels on them.
    thats about as bold as I can get. LOL Tanarae

• jaceysgranny
    18 years ago

Hey G, how old are you now? In the email you said 52 and on here it's 54 lol are we supposed to do the averaging? ;-)

Joey and Ricky, I agree, welcome home! Hope to see more of you soon.

Carol and Marea, please send rain! The woods are burning down around here. Last weekend there were so many woods fires and house fires we they were calling volunteer fire departments to one fire and then there would be one in their own district. We finally got a couple of showers but still have a burn ban on. I wish people who throw out their ciggies would think about how dry the grass is.

Marea, I saw a program on TV years ago where a lady was making tiny purses out of emu eggs and they were selling for many thousands of dollars. All they would hold was a lipstick and phone money.

Tana, your greenhouse is fantastic. I'd love to have one. Good luck with your business and I hope you feel up to opening on time.

Maryanne, loved your FYI.

Veeja, too funny, Tilex for mold and mildew! I'll have to remember that one.

Susie, LOL

Paul, I love that gorgeous bloom!

Sherri, hang on to that hope and keep those prayers going. He'll be better before you know it. God doesn't give us more than we can bear even though it feels like it at times.

Dian, poor, poor Maizie! I know what you mean about the vet bills. With love and care she will be out running and her old self quickly.

Shirley, I want to see that red kitchen too! I bet I'll like it too.

Cody, come on out and stand up for yourself kiddo. Get that picture up and prove yourself guy!!! ;-)

When I look outside all I see is little white name tags sticking up. I think it was Angie who said it looks like a plant graveyard in the winter. I'd have to ditto that 'cause around here that is exactly how it looks. I'm ready for some blooms!

Nancy

• namso
    18 years ago

Evening all,
    Ended up going away for the weekend..now need to catch up on posts and emails....first things first though. before i left i received an awesome box from Susie..(lord she is quick)including:
    .Hanging suet basket with 2 refills (note:wild birds HAPPY)
    .Reesees Peanut Butter Hearts...yum...DH took :(:(
    . Canine Carryout treats - Ellie loves! maybe she'll housebreak for??
    .Dog Buscits - midnights favorite :)
    .Gormet Grains Wild Bird Food! for some reason midnight wants this too. :)
    .Teas and Jam
    . A puppy squeaky - Ellie needs one, midnight stole all
    An awsomely cute thistle sak finch feeder - going to try- never saw one of these before,
    .and BEST for ME a lovely framed pic "All the flowers of all the tomarrows are in the seeds of today". it is beautiful Susie and will match right next to my computer.
    Pic coming when i get DH to hang.

Thankyou susie,

Carol, i am not so efficent. I will go hamster shopping for Tilyi before the week is out.

Cindy O/looks like namso again? more catch up in am.

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Cindy, consider rain sent 28 days here and still going, moss grows on all sides not just north, tilex didn't work, gonna try orthenex next, that way I shouldn't get bugs either. today I noticed a couple of my bulbs had popped out of the ground. must be rain. strawberry banna blizzards at dairy queen win for tasty. dairy queen is open year around here. what does 100 acres cost?was gonna mail my box out monday but it is a holiday so it will be tuesday for both boxes. hugs to all, especially Meghan, kitty was lucky to have you. I managed a humane society in my younger days and saw so many kittys that never received love. so know how lucky your kitty was. hugs moldy carol

• namso
    18 years ago

Good morning all, time for a little more catchup:)

Sherri, Im so glad to hear that Jake is feeling a bit better. Keeping fingers crossed he heals up real soon.

Meghan, so sorry to hear of loss of your kitty. carol is right, she was lucky to have you.

Dawn, wow that Steelers game was close!! was rooting for your team as they kicked my Bengals out last week.

Cody, seeds - have a few on. Question for seed growers - how long do you wait before you give up? i have tons of some crosses up, zip on others.

Tana - love the greenhouse - awesome!!!!

Shirley - im 41. awesome on the garden club, bet they'll learn a ton :).

Carol - DH used a product called SimpleGreen for mold on our N side. worked really well for us. wont harm the plants.

Thankyou for all the kind comments on Ellie. she is a hoot. unfortunatly we are blacksliding on the housebreaking issue...another story.

Maryb - we all started out just looking on the lily auction im sure lol. im trying real hard to stay away myself...think i already blew this years budget.

Angie - nice to see you back posting!

Debbie - loved your blond joke lol.

Marea - Love!!!! the Raincolor name and the seedling is beautiful

Ok a few pics....

Jewel in a Crown
    {{gwi:1233940}}

Lady Fingers

Cindy O/namso
    name is back but member page gone :(.

• skohler
    18 years ago

cindy will love the jewels of crown :)) glad you like the box hope the critters do also.
    busy day today have to go
    susie

• onesherri
    18 years ago

Nancy, you are so right. Actually after being in that hospital, I felt pretty lucky. Lots of kids and parents who aren't going to recuperate. I don't know how you recover from that.

Keep forgetting, 35 and an original.

Cindy, I love that jewel in crown and lady fingers.

Had to laugh at the graveyard comment. Was just looking out the other day wondering what in the heck was in my garden. Then I realized I had painted some wooden tags white out there. A graveyard sums it up. :)

Debbie, I was wondering if those prolifs survived?

Sharon, finally got some seeds planted last night, will update you when they start sprouting. Sherri

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

Carol-59
    Susie-56
    Marea-55
    Annie-55
    Shirley-54
    Debbie -52
    Gloria-52
    Dianne-49
    Tanarae-49
    Jo-47
    Sharon-46
    Ellen-45
    MaryB-45
    Deni-41
    Cindy-41
    Paul-40
    Anita-39
    Angie-37
    Sherri-35
    Canna-32
    Cody-23
    Meghan-16

Added a few more. I will have to see who we are missing and see if they will tell us their age.
    Gosh we have several that are the same age.

Gloria-Sorry I had you down as 54. Changed you to 52.

What happened to the challenge between Meghan and Cody?
    I was looking forward to seeing their cute faces.

Cindy-Jewel in a Crown is beautiful. Will have to trade you out of one of those. LOL

Need you all to pray for my niece Rena. She had a motorcycle wreck yesterday. Got thrown 50'(no helmet on). I stayed at the hospital with the family last night until they sent her to a better hospital. They were concerned about her neck. She was in a lot of pain. Broke my heart, I love her so much. I was hoping they would send her to a hospital in Atlanta but they sent her to Gainesville.

I love my RED kitchen. Pictures coming soon, have to put everything back and hang my pictures back up. I have black appliances so I'm painting some of the picture frames black so it will go with the red. Red and black should look great together.

Shirley

• mary_s
    18 years ago

Hello again,
    Things have been busy around here! I did not check in over the weekend and I had alot of emails!!! Sometimes it gets a little confusing.
    Meghan, so sorry about your little kitty!
    Anita (((hugs))) Hope things are going better.
    I did not sign up for the Jan swap but hopefully in Feb! I still enjoy reading what everyone is getting.
    Cindy: Love that "Jewel in a Crown" daylily!
    Marea: I like your new seedling!
    Gloria: That is so nice your DD asked you to be Matron of Honor! (I am sure my own DD would not right now)

We have been having some DD problems here! She (age 20) announced at Christmas that she is quitting college and going to work full time. She had been working part-time for this place and can now get on full time with full benefits starting in April. She found an apartment with 2 other girls and did most of the moving herself. We just had to help with the bigger stuff. Not really what we had hoped for her, but at least she is not going to waste any more time/money in college if she is not sure what she wants to do with her life. Her parents are real "stupid" right now and she does not want to discuss it. We still talk as long as it is about other stuff. I guess it's time to "let go" and let her make her own way. That has taken alot of my energy lately! Thankfully she is 3 1/2 hrs away, because I seem to have a hard time keeping my mouth shut! Last summer with her home here was a struggle!
    I am one of the original TDs and am 54.

I am sure I am forgetting someone! MaryS

• tanarae
    18 years ago

Shirley, can't wait to see the RED kitchen. Bet it looks great! All my prayers for you Niece. Hope she recovers soon and is okay. It is hard to see someone you love in pain like that. Hopefully she will put that helmet on if she gets on another motocycle. Hard lesson to learn that way though. Tanarae

• cannahavana
    18 years ago

Dawn is the same age as me, I do believe, 32 or 33?

Geez I sound like Dr. Suess. I'm tired, just go back from Kentucky visiting with my sister.

Canna

• veeja11
    18 years ago

love that daylily Cindy, Tiyli is a doggie not a hamster, although she might like hamster treats, she wanted to eat the hamsters when we went shopping, I need help not only do I have a mold problem, will try simple green). but my two female dogs are in season and I am having to keep them in the house, they are taking turns playing a male and driving me crazy. Tiyli also got a little snowman that sings we wish you a merry christmas, she keeps playing over and over, I need to escape help!!

• luvmybulbs
    18 years ago

Cindy love the daylily's. I need to update my list so bad, I know I have lost about 20 since I last updated.

Mary S, I remember giving my mom grief! Hang in there. I didn't go to college until I was 25. I only have a 2 year degree, but I paid for it all myself. If I knew then what I know now sheesh. I was the first and only one of the grandkids that went. I have been beating it into my boys heads that they are expected to go to college and they are only 7 and 3.

Shirley sorry to hear about your niece, I hope everything turns out ok.

oK QUESTION--have any of you used those jiffy things that when you add water they expand? Are they good for seed starting? I try every year to start stuff from seeds and have no luck. I usually get them to sprout and they get about 1/4" tall then everything dies. I need help~

Got to go

Angie

• cody_mi
    18 years ago

i told meghan i'd post mine, but she had to go first!!

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

Barb-60
    Carol-59
    Susie-56
    Marea-55
    Annie-55
    Shirley-54
    Nancy-54
    MaryS-54
    Debbie -52
    Gloria-52
    Dianne-49
    Tanarae-49
    Jo-47
    Sharon-46
    Ellen-45
    MaryB-45
    Deni-41
    Cindy-41
    Paul-40
    Anita-39
    Angie-37
    Sherri-35
    Dawn-32-33 (we think)
    Canna-32
    Cody-23
    Meghan-16

Is anyone plagued with lady bugs besides me?
    They are innnnnnnn my house. Honest.
    I'm calling Orkin. My DH vaccums them up in the vaccum cleaner. I don't know where they came from. They love the windows. The warmer it gets the more they come out.

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

shirley, my aunt had a red, grey and black kitchen. it was awesome.

isn't meghan adorable? cody -- come out, come out wherever you are!

i remember when i was younger, my mother was 29 forever. i'm 48.

shirley, good thoughts sent your way for your neice. i lit a candle. i'll say a prayer.

i lost track - who is it that doesn't care much for frogs?

cindy, those DLs are quite lovely. nice box from sue. i have been trading/swapping with her since i signed on GW and she's one of the fairest, generous and prompt traders that it's my pleasure to know.

carol, what about (diluted) bleach? that's what eradicates mold. the pro's use it.

tana, excellent job. i love that wicker look. and by the way, just from my observing the pics you posted, i put something in the mail to you.

my pup is something else. he ate a dog toy and has been puking it up for the last couple days. i was wondering what happened to it. i feel bad for him - both ends having to deal with disposing of it. thank God it was soft flexible rubber. i'll have to be careful to buy the harder plastic or some other type of toy. he loves the squeak and makes it his mission to dislodge them, then he's done with the toy. this time, he ate it, the little freak.

gloria, underwear, swimsuits and bridal dresses -- no return, no refund, no exchange. sell it on e-bay or an upscale consignment shop, it will go.

mary s - in a heartbeat the biggest problem i would like to have with my 23 year old is that he wanted to quit college. my kid is a real piece of work - a heartache and a heartbreak. i'm beyond "hanging in there".

angie, i have used those pellets in the past. my only problem was that i used them to winter sow, and that was flat out stupid. when i used them the right way, i had no problems.

we had some snow, nothing real significant, but it was finally winter the last few days. i think we are having more winter. the last few weeks, a sweathshirt sufficed.

if i didn't mention you, i did think of you :)

be well all, goodnight.

maryanne/earthly

• meghan_in_ms
    18 years ago

Hi all

Thank u so much for the prayers.

And now time to vote!
    Cody
    and me Meghan.

Say yes and put name...

Thanks
    Meghan

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

Maryanne-I could not get straight after reading about your puppy eating his toy. Tears rolled down my face from giggling. You are a mess girl. I love reading your posts.
    MY DH had a bull dog that ate his wood dog house. Honestly he did. We found him dead and I told DH he probably died from a splinter punture. The dog had to have been mental.

Thanks for the prayers for my niece. They are still concerned about her neck. Hope she gets to come home soon.

Meghan-Sorry about your kitten. Loved the pictures of you and Cody. Thanks for posting them.

Shirley

• tanarae
    18 years ago

Angie:
    I use the jiffy starter packs in the dome trays all the time for seed starting, they work great and I have never had any damping off when I used them all my seeds survive. You just gotta get the light right or the seedlings tend to get leggy.

Maryanne:
    Ohhhhh I just love surprises! Awfully sweet of you. I just love the wicker look. Wish it showed up better in the pics. My house was built in 1939 and the wicker looks like a really old wicker chair. Really matches the age of the house I think without making it feel old. Everyone that has seen it thinks its wallpaper. LOL

Shirley:
    Wheres those pics girl, can't wait to see the red room! Bet it looks gorgeous.

Tanarae

• barbamaman
    18 years ago

Howdy all! It's granny Barb here, oldest of the TD coots.

Why do I have to log on as a member here now? Even wickedcoolstuff.com remembers me from my email address. I've been visiting with you all by email cuz I thought you were all chatting away there to bypass GW new confused state. Gee I sure missed a lot!

BTW I'm fine. I've dealt with paraplegia for 55 years and even a nasty surgery won't stop me, tho I may be off my feed and so on for awhile. Life goes on, and I enjoy most of it, you all especially, most of the time. I hope I can stay and watch the fun, even if I can't do up boxes while I recover. Very comforting to have friends around while healing.

And they may not want to operate after all. In which case, I'll be permanently slowed down. If so, you are still a lovely bunch of gardener types to hang out with. I'll keep you posted. The deciding appt. with surgeon #2 is Feb. 3.

Wow, I'm so behind! Greenhouses and businesses, kids and grandkids with good news and not so good, daylilies and orchids, kitchens and chocolate! I'm paying attention here.

The brugs are growing in their pots, out of the cellar, but I did lose my favorite, Yellow Wedding Bells. The 2 cuttings I kept just screamed, rotted and passed away. I never plan to collect them, tho; all I want is a modest brug forest beside the knifophias. Doesn't matter if half of them are the same. That's the joy of lotsa land. I'll never fill it all up!

Our old friend of 30 years M was here for the weekend. He's recovering from open heart surgery last Aug. and the change in him is phenomenal! He's lost 50 lbs., he's happy and agile, all rosy and the twinkle is back in his eye! He about drove us mad picking arguments over politics before. Now he tells silly jokes again! Wore me out, tho.

Deni I looked up your illness. It's like my everlasting nerve pain, but with some added bonuses just to keep you guessing. You get a lot done despite. Terrific.

What is going on in everybody's ponds? Are the fish ok with all this nutty weather? I think we should all post our animal pictures nefore Jan is over, as part of the Jan swap theme.

Any hints on keeping raccoons out of suet feeders? It is already hoisted quite a ways up a tree. They climb, then hang on the feeder and pull everything down with them.

And during this animally time, I just have to say it out loud, corner nothwithstanding: I REALLY LIKE FROGS A LOT! TOADS TOO! I do. DD Sara had an enormous toad she called Frank she used to kiss on the lips. We told her not to, but you all have kids and know how much they listen sometimes. Ol' Frank got so used to it he'd just hang there, with his legs dangling; he was about 7" long from lips to toes. Wish I'd taken a picture!

Next time I'll be all caught up and post something more germane...

hugs all around

Barb