Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
7200 Traveling Daylilies, on to the next swap

Posted by juspeachy z5NY (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 17, 06 at 8:58

This round robin is an extention of a wonderful group of traders, the Traveling Daylilies, who when at all possible trade daylilies. We have the most awesome group of traders, proven, experienced, honest, giving, sharing and awesome loving people. The way into this group is to have traded and proven yourself honest. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recommendation. We'd love to have you!

We are still working on our Jan swap, but will be getting ready for our Feb, swap very soon.

Morning everyone!

Great pics Meghan and Cody.

Shirley,
Don't vacuum those little guys up, put them in your plants/garden. They cost the earth if you go to buy them.(Organic Gardening sells them for one) They are natural predators of the "BAD bugs" that eat your plants and flowers. I have them in my house every spring, and I just transport them to my indoor plants or my greenhouse, or if it is nice enough so they won't die, out to my gardens. Works like a charm. They LOVE aphids.

Sherri,
glad you DS is doing better, will keep saying prayers.

Gloria,
Hang in there is all I can say. Wish I could come and give you a big hug. But this will have to suffice, HUG, HUG, HUG.

Dang,
Can't remember whose niece was hurt on motercycle. But will say a prayer for her as well.

Cindy,
LOVE that Daylily, Jewel in a crown?, crown jewels? whatever it is gorgeous.
Gosh, I wish my brain would work.

REMEMBER TO POST RECIPES, CAKES AND/OR DESSERTS

I most likely missed someone, sorry if I did, always tons to do on my day off.

Hugs to all,

Jo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 7200 Traveling Daylilies, on to the next swap

Shirley, I usually get a houseful of ladybugs in the spring here too. Only really try to save the red ones. Orange ones bite, yellow ones eat my plants. But they don't stay long without food so I wouldn't spend money on the Orkin man. :)
Hope your neice gets healed up quickly with no lasting effects from her neck.

Jo, thanks for thinking of us. He is on the road to recovery. Even milking it a little now. :) Trouble with him is he is a rebel. Anything you say is good for him is not going to happen if he has anything to say about it. We had our first complete night of sleep last night so thats reason to celebrate.:) Sherri

o

Good morning everyone,

I've been working hard the last few days and haven't had time to breath. I've been helping DH with his new venture - transporting cars. It's going really well so far. Last week was insanely busy!

Meghan - soooo sorry about your kitty! Please know it was only an accident. (((((( BIG HUGS ))))))))

Cindy - love jewel in crown too!

Shirley - I get the lady bugs too. I've heard that they are Japanese and are very different from our native ones.

Ellen

o

Hey to all

well i am almost over my cat. but it might be a wile till i can get up enough strength to do laundry.
And agin thank you all...

Cody- i don't judge by the outside. And i see you have a beautiful heart and that is all that matters.

I vote yes for Cody!

Thanks
Meghan

o

I vote Yes for Meghan in the Teen Catagory.
And Yes for Cody in the Male 20 something catagory.

Cindy, Jewel in a Crown is fantastic!

o

I'm still here everyone!

Sorry I haven't posted. I am taking notes and trying to catch up.

I see someone received a Jan. swap box, yay! Great job Susie.

Canna, the deadline is Jan 28th (I believe that's a Saturday).
Hope everyone is having fun getting their boxes ready to go. I sure am.

Wow, what are all the gorgeous pictures in my email box???
I see a very handsome man with stunning eyes! Oh, and then there is this beautiful young lady who appears to be a model! I could never vote.......they are both perfect to me.

Nice tat Cody! I want one real bad.

Meghan, that pic looks like you were at a Daylily show. Am I correct? That bloom was almost as pretty as you.

How 'bout them Steelers! WOOOOO HOOOOO!! Poor DH ended up on the floor. For those of you that didn't see it, the game was just crazy! We won, then we lost, then we won, then we lost, then we won again, LOL.

We actually had a fella' here watching the game in a downtown bar have a real heart attack when Jerome Bettis lost the ball in the final minutes. There just happened to be two firefighters in the bar that gave him CPR. He is now in stable condition at a local hospital.

Wow.

Anyhoo, I am psyched about the big game on Sunday, and got the black & gold flyin' everywhere.

My exciting news that I didn't get to tell you the other day.....
ZOOM!
My teeth are sooooo white! My Christmas gift from DH was Zoom, which is an in-office teeth whitening procedure. I'm thrilled with the results, and would recommend it to anyone. It wasn't the easiest thing in the world, but well worth it.

I can't quit smiling. : )

Now I don't look 33 at all, lol. For those of you keeping up with the age thing, yes, i'm 33. For a few more days, at least.

I agree with whoever said you are only as old as you feel.
So I guess I am about 25. : ) Well, except for my back. It's about 75. And quite creaky.

I will continue catching up in a bit. Gotta' go get some more laundry going......

Hugs,
~Dawn (mamabirrd)

o

I vote for Meghan for the most beautifull, Cody for the most handsome. Mayb B your box should be there thursday or friday, I forgot the note, so, Hi, gifts are marked as to who they are for, but feel free to mix it up.hope they enjoy, Tiyli tried to buy herself one of each thing, but mommy said no. orthenex seems to work on mold, I shouldn't get black spot either or aphids. what is Feb swap gonna be? I'm ready now that Jan box is off. hope all the critters get wonderful boxes. hugs carol

o

Rebecca....your January box is on it's way to TN. I mailed it today so it should arrive by Thursday. I hope you like it. I forgot to put in the the paper stuff, like the drawings of your cats and fish, you aren't missing much, I'm not much of an artist.

Sherri...The prolifs were still alive in the fall but the dry weather was taking its toll. It's still dry here. We're at 11 inches below normal rainfall for the year. I'm glad to hear that it sounds like Jake may finally be on the mend.

Tana...The gift shop looks great. Love the faux bamboo insets in the cabinets. Good Luck on the surgery and the new business.

Anita...How are you, DH, Joey, and baby David doing? Hope you will be able to post again soon.

Shirley, Dianne, Sharon...Being a school nurse in KY meant that as long as I had 11 years in as a state employee, I qualified for 1/2 my health care paid for when I reach age 55 and I will also receive a little pension. I didn't really retire, I quit to move to the farm with hubby who had retired as a HS teacher. I've also worked in a hospital as a staff RN, as a psychiatric nurse in a hospital, as a therapists in a Mental Health center and as a School Nurse. I liked my jobs, but I didn't like not being able to call my time my own. So I live off hubbys teachers retirement, farm income, and some investments. We're far from wealthy, but we are happier than we have ever been in the 32 years we've been married. And we've had a lot of wonderful years.

Gloria...Weddings are always emotional roller coasters. If you and hubby are paying for the wedding, which is traditional, then you have the say over the wedding. I realize you want to please your daughter, but she is going to be trying to please everyone expecially Mr. Wonderful and his parents. You can support her best by telling her straight out what you are willing to pay for, where you will give leeway and where your rules are firm. She will have something to tell her fiance and his family when asked rather than thinking she has to accept their opinions on everything. Other people can put unreasonable expectations on you sometimes. Also, transfer some of the attention and focus to the grooms parents and ask about what the groom is traditionally responsible for: The rehearsal dinner and the honeymoon???? This will make them aware that if they are going to expect certain things for their son, you expect some answers for your daughter. But most of all don't let things snowball and get out of hand. I quarantee it will anyway, but be aware and try to control it as much as possible. Good luck sweetie, you are going to need it:0)

Deni...how is your back. Let me know when we need to get the newbie boxes started. I'm looking forward to all of this.

Meghan and Cody...You're both gorgeous.

Marea...I love the name for your "nursery". Is everything still growing in pots:?) Beautiful daylily also.

Susie...Love the jokes.

Cindy O....Keep posting pics...It keeps my spirits up.

Jo...You know what goes out to you know who tomorrow.

Debbie/budsnblooms

o

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Red kitchen as promised. My camera did not want to co-operate. So dark.

Shirley

o

• Posted by dian57 M-H Valley NY-5 (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 18, 06 at 5:05

Oh, Shirley, I LOVE your kitchen! Red is my current favorite color and your red is just perfect with the cabinets and counters. That's some impressive nativity set up, too. Everything you cook will have extra flair and taste coming from such a terrific kitchen. Best of luck.

Cody and Taylor, thanks for the pictures. You're both as beautiful outside as you are inside. And it's good for us old-timers to cultivate young friends--who else is gonna push our wheelchairs around the garden for us?

*NEWSFLASH*NEWSFLASH*NEWSFLASH*
We interrupt our regularly scheduled programming to bring you this important notice:

According to today's sonogram, my first grandchild . . . (drumroll, please) . . .
is a BOY!!! Benjamin Logan!!!

Happy me, happy, happy Grandma, happy, happy me.

Dianne/dian57

o

Shirley, the kitchen looks great. Just want to know how you manage to have no appliances on the counter?:) I have the most cluttered kitchen around and no matter how I try, I can't seem to change it. Always love to see a nice neat kitchen. :)

Diane, congratulations. Its so fun being able to find out who to expect on the big day. :)

Love the pics of everyone. Putting a name with a face goes a long way.

Gloria, hang in there. Being a wedding photographer, I opted for the justice of the peace. With any luck, once the day gets here, you will find it was worth it. She will always remember this day and you will always be part of that memory. Sherri

o

shirley, the kitchen looks great. i just love those matching crosses. that's one of my new collections. i'll have to post a pic so you can see. and shirley, you look WAY TOO YOUNG to be someone's gran! and that certainly is a fantastic nativity set.

i have to agree, nothing on the counters. my whole house is one big cluttered counter. i keep saying i have to move to a place that fits everything. everyone tells me just to get rid of a lot and things will fitjust fine. they need their heads examined!

dianne, congrats! i am waiting on the same thing. i think by next month's appointment, the kids will find out boy or girl. we are all thinking there's a boy in that belly already, but we'll see.

wow, did we have some crazy winds through the night into early morning. all three of my arbors are down, one of which smashed onto my bird bath and cracked it. the strangest thing is that there is one of those little resin tables outside about 10' from the heaviest arbor, that has empty plastic 3 or 4" flower pots on it and guess what? they are still sitting there. go figure. i'm sad about the big arbor, it really got damaged. it's made of old barn wood and has two large bird houses on either end. if i can find a pic, i'll post it. it's really sharp. i'm going to have to rebuild a portion of it. why not, what else do i have to do LOL. i'm thanking God though, all over the news, trees down, smashing into houses, cars, power lines, etc.

be well all,
maryanne/earthly

o

Hello Everyone!

I can't believe how fast the month has gone. I had a great time with sis, and next week Shelby is coming in for his doctor's appointment. If all is good he will not have to have a bone marrow test. If the weather is bad, he can have blood drawn from the hospital there and the results faxed here. He is looking forward for the visit and of course so am I. Shelby being an "only" makes my heart real heavy when he leaves, but I know he is happy.

Megan sorry about your kitty and nice picture.

Cody, nice picture of yourself also,and it is always a pleasure to see young people interested in gardening.

Shirley, love your kitchen, and I've been meaning to ask you, if you by chance have iris "Ring of Fire"?

Cindy, love the daylilies!

Marea, what did you say you were going to name your nursey?

Susie, how are your babies? I bet they are pretty big by now ?

Diane and Sherri, congrats on the babies. I keep throwing hints to Shelby and Dee, maybe in the future.

Anita, how is your baby doing? I think of you often; my sister is sort of going through the same situation and it sure makes for a heavy heart.

Forgive me if I've left someone out because I didn't take notes.

I will post some desserts later.

LIFE IS GOOD

o

Maryanne, thank goodness the only problem you had was the arbor. You can always replace that and like you said it will give you something to do. ;-)

Shirley, I love your kitchen. Just tell me please, do you have a maid to keep it that clean? I just can't seem to do it.

Sherri and Dian, congratulations on the grandbabies! They are so terrific!

Gloria, You'll look back on this and laugh someday. Personally, I'd rather have the money than spend it on a large wedding, especially if I wasn't from a wealthy family. Just think of what you could buy for your new home with all that cash. The honeymoon can wait for a few years til you have babies and need time away! lol Come to think of it if I get married again (never) I think I'll become a Catholic first so I can dance with all those men who pin money on your dress. I went to a wedding in South Louisiana where the bride and groom made out like bandits. I'd never heard of that tradition before then but have since.

I think everyone should tell about their own wedding. What do you think? It would be fun.

Nancy

o

Hey gang,
I see it's the same crowd plus a few!
I need to send my info to someone about me rejoining this group. Who should I send my addy and such ? My old email plowboy....isn't current so use this one gaga4gardens@yahoo.com
So glad we are DSL now!
Is Janet Lee still here?
someone will have to send me a list.

Ok well a brief on me- I'm a certifiable plantaholic! I have 3 kids. 1st to 7 grade. I'm in zone 5 Illinois and not near chicago. Hubby farms and so I have some horses and I work doing hand/elbow and shoulder therapy.

I love the TV show Scrubs, I'm in a bible study and I just started teaching 3-5th grade sunday school. This winter I've been requesting every garden book available thru the library system and if you need some recommendations there are good ones!

The red kitchen pix are nice:)
If you want to see my gardens and some art you can see some by following links on my member page.

I will be visiting but not in on the trades for the winter. Hello again!
Karen (cheerpeople)

Here is a link that might be useful: garden pics

o

Maryanne, thank goodness the only problem you had was the arbor. You can always replace that and like you said it will give you something to do. ;-)

Shirley, I love your kitchen. Just tell me please, do you have a maid to keep it that clean? I just can't seem to do it.

Sherri and Dian, congratulations on the grandbabies! They are so terrific!

Gloria, You'll look back on this and laugh someday. Personally, I'd rather have the money than spend it on a large wedding, especially if I wasn't from a wealthy family. Just think of what you could buy for your new home with all that cash. The honeymoon can wait for a few years til you have babies and need time away! lol Come to think of it if I get married again (never) I think I'll become a Catholic first so I can dance with all those men who pin money on your dress. I went to a wedding in South Louisiana where the bride and groom made out like bandits. I'd never heard of that tradition before then but have since.

I think everyone should tell about their own wedding. What do you think? It would be fun.

Nancy

o

Well, had a bad stupid attack and posted this on the LAST thread - it's not that blazing interesting, but it's late, so here's the rerun:

Howdy all! It's granny Barb here, oldest of the TD coots.

Why do I have to log on as a member here now? Even wickedcoolstuff.com remembers me from my email address. I've been visiting with you all by email cuz I thought you were all chatting away there to bypass GW new confused state. Gee I sure missed a lot!

BTW I'm fine. I've dealt with paraplegia for 55 years and even a nasty surgery won't stop me, tho I may be off my feed and so on for awhile. Life goes on, and I enjoy most of it, you all especially, most of the time. I hope I can stay and watch the fun, even if I can't do up boxes while I recover. Very comforting to have friends around while healing.

And they may not want to operate after all. In which case, I'll be permanently slowed down. If so, you are still a lovely bunch of gardener types to hang out with. I'll keep you posted. The deciding appt. with surgeon #2 is Feb. 3.

Wow, I'm so behind! Greenhouses and businesses, kids and grandkids with good news and not so good, daylilies and orchids, kitchens and chocolate! I'm paying attention here.

The brugs are growing in their pots, out of the cellar, but I did lose my favorite, Yellow Wedding Bells. The 2 cuttings I kept just screamed, rotted and passed away. I never plan to collect them, tho; all I want is a modest brug forest beside the knifophias. Doesn't matter if half of them are the same. That's the joy of lotsa land. I'll never fill it all up!

Our old friend of 30 years M was here for the weekend. He's recovering from open heart surgery last Aug. and the change in him is phenomenal! He's lost 50 lbs., he's happy and agile, all rosy and the twinkle is back in his eye! He about drove us mad picking arguments over politics before. Now he tells silly jokes again! Wore me out, tho.

Deni I looked up your illness. It's like my everlasting nerve pain, but with some added bonuses just to keep you guessing. You get a lot done despite. Terrific.

What is going on in everybody's ponds? Are the fish ok with all this nutty weather? I think we should all post our animal pictures nefore Jan is over, as part of the Jan swap theme.

Any hints on keeping raccoons out of suet feeders? It is already hoisted quite a ways up a tree. They climb, then hang on the feeder and pull everything down with them.

And during this animally time, I just have to say it out loud, corner nothwithstanding: I REALLY LIKE FROGS A LOT! TOADS TOO! I do. DD Sara had an enormous toad she called Frank she used to kiss on the lips. We told her not to, but you all have kids and know how much they listen sometimes. Ol' Frank got so used to it he'd just hang there, with his legs dangling; he was about 7" long from lips to toes. Wish I'd taken a picture!

Next time I'll be all caught up and post something more germane...

hugs all around

Barb

o

nancy, i grew up catholic and never, ever heard about that pinning money and i've been to more weddings than i care to count. i was at one where you had to pay to dance with the bride or groom and i thought that was totally tacky, but someone told me that is a tradition in their neck of the woods.

maryanne/earthly

o

Hi Maryanne, I got this from a wedding site.

Concerning the money dance, be sure to see our page on "Wedding Traditions around the World." The custom of pinning money to the gown of the bride is centuries old in Poland. It was once done to help the young couple set up housekeeping and gave them money to begin their new life together. Today, it is more popularly known as the "money dance" and money may be pinned on both the bride and groom in payment for dancing with them.

The money dance usually begins with an announcement from the musician or disc jockey, and lasts through two or three dances, depending on the number of guests and those still waiting their turn to dance with the bride or groom. And in answer to your question as to whether or not it appears you are asking for money... absolutely not. It is a fun custom and guests come prepared to dance and pin money on you. Don't disappoint them.

One final note about the money dance. Be sure you bring safety pins to the reception just for this occasion. It is also proper for the bride to carry a small satin bag during the money dance, rather than have the money pinned to her gown. It is simply a matter of preference.

Barb, it's great that you are able to look past your health problems and keep gardening. I believe that if you do something you really love it will keep you healthier and happier. I'm with you on the F**** but kissing one on the lips, I'd have to be blindfolded I think. *eeewwww*

Nancy

o

Ok, you all unless my four year old is going down in history. I am not being congratulated for a grandbaby. :)Gotta tell you though, I can't wait. :)I hope he has many but not for about twenty years. :)

Money dance, anymore is done at every wedding. I have only seen it pinned on the gown one time though. They pinned it on her train which was bustled up. Otherwise, everyone uses a basket. Think most people pay a dollar so it isn't an expensive thing that people would complain about. Plus it is a time of the night when you can have one on one with the bride or groom.

o

Sherri, oops! I should have took notes, and the congrats should have gone to Maryanne. But I do wish many grandbabies for you in the future! :O) :O)

I've been to three weddings that had a money dance, and although none of my family have done it. I believe if that is what the couple wants, it is their day and let them celebrate the way they want.

Barb, I wish you luck on your surgery and I love your attitude. I've learned to be positive,and to make the most out of every day, even when the chips were down.

I'm cleaning,dusting, washing bedding for when Shelby comes for a visit. Isn't it amazing how much our children grow and mature. I remember when he was a teen, his bedroom always looked like a hurricane struck it. Now that he's matured he is a clean freak, but I've got no one to blame but myself.

Ok, break-time is over and I better get busy.
LIFE IS GOOD,

o

Hi all,

I just got my January box from Debbie! Girl you did good! Here is a pic the goodies for my fur, feathered and finned babies:

Peekaboo and Sago approve of the treats!!!

In the box packed full are:

-Two kitty toys. The one on a wandmy orange kitty Sago has already jumped on and now peekaboo will not go near it because it now smells like him, LOL! Good thing there are two!
-4 different kinds of cat treats. That should hold them over for the next couple of weeks! :)
-2 pouches of cat food. Those will come in handy when I run out of food and can't get to walmart immediately.
-a darling bird feeder that I could dare not put outside! It is too pretty!
-Nut and berry bird food
-seed bell
-suet for the woodpeckers
-super finch bar for my favorite little peepers.
-Cichlid flake food for my finned guy, Spike!

Thanks so much Debbie!

Maryanne I should have yours ready to send sometime next week!

KAREN!!!! So nice to see you back!

Gotta go feed my feathered friends,

~Canna

o

Oops! Forgot one thing from my box!

A squirrel feeder on a bundgee cord! That should be most interesting to watch and challenging...they will be harder to shoot! *just kidding* :)

~Canna

o

Debbie-Nice box you sent Canna. Know the critters will be happy.

Dianne-How nice, you are going to be a Grandma. I like the name Benjamin Logan.

Sherri-I just shove the appliances in the cabinets. Out of sight and out of mind.

Maryanne-You made my day. Thanks for saying I look to young to be a grandma. I was 38 when I became a grandma to Miss Brittney. She was just like my own. She was at our house as much as her own. But now that she is a teenager she is toooo BUSY. So along comes little Dawson (her brother) so we now have another one to spoil. I love the crosses and black iron things too. Waiting on a picture.

Annie-Hope you get that grandbaby soon. Don't give up.
No I don't have iris Ring of Fire. Tried to find a picture of it but couldn't find one on google.

Nancy-No I don't have a maid but would love one. The only thing is if I knew one was coming I would clean before she got here. (guess I don't need one HUH) My husband does have one though (ME).

Shirley

o

shirley - here goes :)

o

Good morning all,

Dianne and Maryanne - congrats on the upcoming grandbabies! love the Benjamin Logan name Dianne :).

Sherri - so glad to hear Jake is better!

Shirley - love the red kitchen. awesome color. wish i had that much guts.
we are currently redoing the living room & possibly the kitchen because DH bought a new tv that doen't fit where the old one does. so everythings gotta move. and since the furniture is moving, the lights need to move, and since the lights are moved, the ceiling needs painted, and therefore the walls, and i suspect the adjoining kitchen ceiling will no longer look white.....
...anyone else go through this...all over a tv lol.

Karen - nice to see you back.

G, weddings. if i had any advice, it would be to look for stuff that is not specifically for "weddings". flowers for example - we had a dec wedding and bought smaller wholesale poinsettas for 75 cents each?? (ok it was 15 years ago)...got a couple hundred and a few larger ones. they looked beautiful and also served as takeout gifts. the only cut flowers we had were the ones we carried and im sure they were more than all the others put together.
also if you can find a place that will let you bring liquor if you are serving. markup runs about 80% over cost around here.

Debbie/Canna - great box! Carol - mine is almost done. should ship mon.

Annie - have a great time with you son this weekend. know you been so looking forward too.

Maryanne - i would love to see a pic of the arbor. Hope you didn't get too much damage.

Debbie, sent you email. hope you got.

Jewel in a Crown - wow, glad you all liked. hope that one is a fast increaser!!

Waiting on a Call
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Wayside King Royale

Cindy O/namso

o

Morning everyone,
Well, I must have the two happiest dogs in Hilton this morning. My (their) Jan. swap box came yesterday from Miss Carol. When I got home from work yesterday, my son had brought it off the porch and my Chessie, Bailey was laying next to it, guarding it, waiting to open. (She knew already it was for her!) I believe it is one of the heaviest boxes I have ever received. It was packed FULL of things for all the animals. Carol and Tiyli did a GREAT job shopping. This is what we got:

*2 huge 10" rawhide/beef twisted bones (which had to be opened immediately)
*2 different soft, squeaky toys which they love, also already opened and played with
*2 of the BIGGEST pigs ears treats that I have ever seen
*2 Big tennis balls on ropes - they never get tired of playing ball since they are both Retrievers!
*A bag of Canine Carryouts treats
For our hamster:
*An edible mineral treat feeder cup
*A granola apple raisin bar
*A wooden roll around ball that is also a chew toy
For our outside friends:
Dried corn on the cob
And for me:
*A Sarah Michaels bath kit with lotion, loofah, body mist and soap - Wildflower scent
*An extra tube of Healing Garden Lavender scent lotion
*A four sided pedicure brush (You don't know how badly I need this right now!)

Carol and Tiyli - Bailey, Chelsea, Chloe and I thank you for a great box (which by the way, I have had to now hide because I couldn't get Bailey to stop staring at it and whining).

Susie, yours will be on the way early next week.

Annie, so excited for you that your visit with Shelby and Dee is here. I'll be saying a prayer for continued good news from the docs at his check up.

Karen, WELCOME BACK! I believe Deb (budsandblooms) is still taking care of updating members lists. Send info to her. We're all so happy to have you rejoin us! Yes, we've grown a bit with some great new members that you're going to love as much as we all do!

Gotta run and get the two youngest off to school.Have a full day of cooking and cleaning ahead of me. We're having our oldest sons family birthday party tomorrow (for about 30) and as always so much to do. He's going to be 13 on Monday. I can't believe that I have actually arrived at THAT stage - "having a teenager" **Sigh**
MaryB

o

Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday Gloria and Dianne. Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuu.
Hope you both have the best Birthday ever.

Cindy-Love that daylily waiting on a call. Whew you sure have some nice daylilies.

MaryB-Nice box from Carol. Happy Birthday to your teenager.

Maryanne-You do have a collection of crosses. A nice one too. I love the one with Christ on the cross. He suffered much for us. I hope we make ourselves worthy.

Shirley

o

• Posted by mareas West Coast 7B (My Page) on
    Fri, Jan 20, 06 at 12:52

Happy HAPPY Birthday to You
Dearest Gloria and Dianne!!

And welcome back Karen! How is your black & white colt doing? I have a job working with a couple horses part time, Toby & Kiowa. Here they are (covered with mud) coming to see why I'm taking photos of the flooding river - it had risen almost into the barn!

Shirley - I LOVE your red kitchen - and it was so much fun to see you, too! I continue to be amazed at how beautiful all of you are, in addition to being so kind & intelligent!

My prayers for all 3 of you with surgeries and procedures coming up. I'm so happy we live in the computer age and can share like this without a big trip somewhere..

My wedding was a simple ceremony performed by the Justice of the Peace in Woodburn Oregon in 1977. I wore blue jeans. We had known each other for 2 weeks, but I guess it worked out OK...

I'm licensing my nursery as Raincolor Gardens & hope to eventually register my daylilies & my semps with the prefix Raincolor.

Ellen - I am always so glad to see the new daylily photos you post - thank you! have one 'Jewel in a Crown' sdlg from my purchased seeds last year, here's hoping it looks like that!

Rebecca - Speaking of which, GREAT photo of Peekaboo & her surprizes! I have to make Jo wait a little longer...

Here is my photo of 'Forbidden Desires':

Here's hoping for sunshine for us all~ marea

o

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say hello....I'm really enjoying my vacation and my family but can't wait to get back home....Will be back next week and starting a new job the following day. Did so much shopping until I have to send myself a box home....LOL! I am trying to stay up to date with what's going on...boy, there's a lot going on.....talk to you all when I return home.

Jaye

o

Yikes! I just read the new Terms and Conditions that will be effective Jan. 24. Y'all may need to be careful which pix you post here because after the 24th, GW can take any of them and use them however they want. You may not care at all, but if you have a business and want to use one of your own pictures, please don't put it here. That includes your own personal website! How can they do that to your own website?

"By submitting content, which shall include your member name, to any "public area" of the GardenWeb Network, including, but not limited to, the forums and your personal website, exchange page and journal, you grant iVillage a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, sublicense, assign, derive revenue or other remuneration from, communicate to the public, perform and display the content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any Rights that may exist in such content. If you are not the creator of such content, you also warrant that the holder of any Rights, including moral rights in such content, has completely and effectively waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted to you the right to grant the license stated above. You also permit any visitor or member to access, display, view, store and reproduce such content solely for personal, noncommercial use."

Is anybody as concerned as I am?

Carmen

o

Hi Everyone,

Whew, the last 29 hours have been very rough. I was called home from work yesterday. My Mom went unconcious, and was completely unresponsive for approx. 30 min. She was rushed to the hospital, where they pretty much managed to perform every medical test, with every piece of equipment that most large hospitals own. The conclusion..... "They don't know"!!! They can find no reason why she blacked out. She came home with us about an hour ago. She ate a decent lunch. She is still pale and a little shaky, but she is in good spirits. My personal diagnosis is, not enough oxygen. She has emphysema. I think she just wasn't getting enough oxygen, so she passed out. When they put the oxygen mask on her, she came around and she is now acting fine. Many years ago, my uncle (her brother) did the same thing. After many tests, that was the conclusion they came to, and I believe this is the same. She has an appt. with her own Dr. on Tues. for follow up, I am going to ask him if he thinks she should be on oxygen. We will see. I am just thankful she came through yet another crisis. All I could think of on the way to the hospital yesterday was, Please God, let her be alive when I get there, so she knows I am with her, don't let her die without me. She gets so frightened when something happens and I am not with her.If I am to lose her, I want her to know I am with her, that I havewn't left her. She is always checking to see if I am around, and asking me not to leave her. So, when her time comes, that is all I ask. I just want to be with her, so she isn't alone.
We are sitting together in my dining room, (where my computer is) she has a cup of coffee, and a small bowl of M&M's. I am happy she is back with me.

Carmen,
Yes, I am concerned as well. I do not have any pics or links on my GW page, and you can be certain now, that I never will. That is total CRAP. What right does IVillage have to take our pics and make money off of them, I would like to know.. That is just dead wrong. Janetlee will have to really look into all her web pages she has created.
I really have to say, that since IVillage took over GW, it has deteriorated badly. I am very disappointed in the folks who are running it. It was most definitely better run when Spike had it. All of the technical issues all of us have been experiencing lately, and now this? What a complete crock it all is.

Jaye,
So glad you are have a great time. See you when you get back.

Marea,
absolutely gorgeous DL as usual. No big hurry on the box. I don't have all my items finished yet. Too many things happened in the last 2 days. BUT Barb, I WILL get it out ASAP,I promise.

DIANNE,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

GLORIA,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Annie,
So Happy for you that Shelby and Dee are coming to spend time with you. I love it when our boys come home for a visit. Our DD lives here, but the time will come when she moves away too. I will miss her badly when that time comes.
I suffer from empty nest now, once she goes, I will be just so lonely. We are very close. My DH and I do a LOT together, thank God, so maybe it won't be as bad as i think.

Cindy,
I really like that "waiting on call", verrrrrry pretty. I like the wire edge.

Tana and Carol.
I got the seeds, THANK YOU BOTH SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH. I can hardly wait to present them my DH's brother as nice healthy plants. He will be over the moon. (no pun intended)

When my girlfriend got married, (many years ago now) they had the money dance, and the guests pinned the money to her dress, and yes, they were catholic. An old italian family. Very nice wedding.
We were married in 1975, we had a large basket lined with white satin that the guests put envelopes of money in. We used that to go on our honeymoon. Just 2 days, one night, but we have been many other places since, so I guess we could say we have had many honeymoons. (grin)

Well, time for dinner,
Have a great night all,

hugs,
Jo

o

Shirley, that's one of my favorites as well. It belonged to my aunt and uncle, and i got it when they passed.

cindy, here goes. it's "plain" in the picture, i can't find the one where the vines are all growing and the mums are all in bloom, but so you get an idea what i am talking about.

Image hosting by Photobucket

o

Jo, thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom. Mary, glad kids liked their box, is the talking toy driving you crazy? Nice arbor, I want one.Happy birthday Dianne and Gloria. hugs carol

o

Happy Birthday BIG OLE MAMMA BEAR AND DIANE
GLORIA- The money dances here are called the dollar dance. They are at almost every wedding. Usually the Best Man and Maid of honor hold a basket while the bride and groom dance with everyone who gets in line. And I would rather have a nice small wedding than blow megga bucks. Unless I had the cash and nothing to worry about. They used to say you only get married once, but these days sheesh.

Marea love the daylily. What kind of nursery are you opening? I would so love to do that one day.

CindyO I like that dark purple one.

Ok another question--I have started some weeding, don't know what the heck the stuff is, anywho if I spead some preen now will it be effective? Or is it too early????

Also I am sending an email to everyone I am looking for some cannas.

Shirley love the red kitchen.
Dianne-congrats on new baby boy!!! When is the due date?

Well got to go for now, take care
Angie

o

Good Morning,
Belated happy birthday wishes to Dianne and Gloria. Sorry I missed it yesterday. Hope the day was great for both of you!

Just wanted to get on quickly this a.m. and ask you all for prayers for one of my son's best friends, Ryan. He has battled leukemia for most of his young life. We just learned yesterday that his leukemia has returned. He will go into the hospital next week for another bone marrow transplant. He has spent much of his life in hospitals and he still remains so brave and sweet.My heart is breaking for his family, and my own kids are devastated. So please remember Ryan in your prayers.

Jo, sorry to hear of your troubling day with your Mom, but glad that everything worked out okay and she is home with you. I hope that her own physician will be able to come up with answers for you.

Shirley, I meant to comment also on how nice it was to see a picture of you. I agree with whoever said it - you certainly don't look old enough to be grandma to a teenager!

Cindy, more beauties! I cannot wait to get to Ohio in July and see some of these firsthand. Hope lots are in bloom when I'm there.
And Marea, wish I could come to Oregon to see yours too. Love 'Forbidden Desires'.

Gotta go finish getting ready for Evan's party. Hope you all have a good day.
MaryB

o

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DIANNE AND GLORIA! SO SORRY I MISSED IT YESTERDAY.

Shirley, absolutly LOVE the Red Kitchen! I thought it might be too dark when you talked about the red with black appliences, but the white back-splash just brings the whole kitchen together.

Marea - Can't wait till my Forbidden Desires blooms now!!!
Love the pic of the horse. I would show the horse loving daughter, but she just walked in the house a few minutes ago from the Girl Scout overnight - said "I love you, I'm going to bed." She must have stayed up all night. I knew you had semps, but I didn't know you hybridized them. Hummmmm, very interesting.

Carmen - yikes about the new terms! I guess I will NEVER be posting a picture of a person here again. Who knows what they will do with it. I don't care about my daylily pics too much. But will have to think twice about any pics of daylily crosses.

Cindy O., Love the pics of the daylilies. Of course I love seeing the upclose pics of the blooms, but find it so great to see the whole plant in bloom. Thanks! I guess I need to take more pics like that. I'm as guilty as the next person, just taking pics of the pretty flower.

Jo - glad your Mom is doing ok.

Earthly, that is is great looking Arbor!

I can't remember who suggested going to see the movie 'WALK THE LINE', but hubby and I went last night. Since it has been out for quite a while we thought we would be walking into an almost empty theater ... what a surprise, it was almost sold out! Fantasic movie! The whole theater Clapped at the end.

HELP
Can anyone help me with getting rid of the little flies that live in the dirt? I will spray anything that works. They are living in my Amaryllis's. I would like to get rid of them this year before I start all my seeds in Feb/March.

I changed all the dirt last fall before I brought all my plants inside. I had hoped that would work. A couple still had the flies and it has spread. :o(
Really would appreciate help with this one.

Thanks,
sharon/tma

o
RE: New Terms and Conditions

Since Carmen warned us about the new terms and conditions I have gone through my pages and gotten rid of any links to other places other than my own.
Also, I had Janet Lee make my page several years ago and now all the pictures are gone. So I took those ugly empty spaces away and put in a few pics of my own. Too bad Janet didn't think of telling us she had to do this and how we could take care of it.
Thanks Carmen for the heads up!
sharon/tma

o

Sat, Jan 21, 06 at 14:39

sharon - i got those little flies with some shipment of daylilies or another last year & got rid of them with a pyrethrin "fruit & vegetable" spray.

Terms & conditions: hmmm. Guess I need to be more careful...what a sad concept, huh?

My nursery is my collection of favorite plants: daylilies, cannas, semps & sedums, hostas, roses, irises, red raspberries, strawberries, ferns, some houseplants, a few shrubs & trees - but I have more daylilies than anything now LOL! I have seriously ignored my semps this past year and haven't done much work with them...'Oregon Sky' is my only semp baby so far. Hoping I get this daylily obsession down to a low roar so I can keep up with propagating my other plants. Most of my stock is in pots & will be until we can qualify for a home loan again.

Dear Mary B - I will pray for poor Ryan. And I will remember you don't have 'Forbidden Desires' yet. I am SO hoping I can really make the trip out to Ohio in July for that historic plant swap & giggle extravaganza!
And I also want to go see so many daylily farms in the East - especially Curt Hanson's in Ohio & Paul Owen's in NC, a tour of daylily FILLED Tennesee with Rebecca, a northern Georgia trip to meet beloved Gloria, on to Kentucky to see Debbie - I could make a month of it easy! Not likely to happen, but it makes me happy to think of sharing "real time" with ya'll.

Angie - I have both Pretoria & Tropicanna growing here in my living room & will be happy to share them with you.

Here is a photo of 'Siloam Sunburst' in rebloom in November - so rose pink the second time around that I had to triple check to make sure I had the plant labeled correctly:

~marea

o

Happy Birthday Gloria and Dianne. Sorry if I'm late. I have a sick DH.

We were watching TV earlier and the lady who works for us called and said that she just had a guy put $30 gas in his car and drive off. GRRRR!!!

Marea, yet another thing we have in common, my DH and I decided to get married the night we met, flew to Reno and got married on the 3rd day in one of the wedding chapels. It was so much fun, I was a little nervous but it has worked out to be the best thing I could have done. The 30th will be 24 years and counting. Not very smart? Maybe, but we were lucky. I hope you enjoy the 5 layer delight. It's my kids' favorite.

Jo, your mom and you are in my prayers. I hope she is soon back to normal and feeling well.

Love the daylilies, especially Forbidden Desire and Wayside King Royal.

Annie, have fun with your kids.

I wish you all well who are sick or having procedures done.

I'm concerned too about the IV people being able to claim our pics. It might make a little sense if they said from now on but I don't see how they can take them from before they even owned the site when we can't even delete the ones we've already posted. If anyone knows a way to delete pics posted on forums let me know please.

Angie, I have some red-stripe cannas that I can share with you and maybe tropicana if they come back. I didn't dig any of mine this year so am keeping my fingers crossed they will come back. I got most of mine from Shirley a couple of years ago and lost some of them. I have another one which gets tall and has tiny red flowers that looks a lot like the red stripe but don't think it's the same.

Maryanne, I love your trellis and your crosses are great. Like Shirley, the one with Christ is my favorite too.

Sorry but by the time I get ready to post I've forgotten who said what. I know I forgot some and I'm sorry. I appreciate you all being here for each other. It's so rare today that you find something this good happening.

Nancy

o

Happy Birthday to Gloria and Dianne!!!

Marea, by semps do you sempervivums? If so, I would love to see some pictures of them... I love 'em. Please email me.

Sharon, if the little flies are fungus gnat, you can use neem oil or peroxide mixed with water to water your plants. This will get rid of the larvae in your soil, not just the adults flying around. Be careful with peroxide as this can kill beneficial fungus also. I use 4oz. of 3% peroxide to 1 gal of water.

Angie or anyone else.. want some canna seeds? My pink one has pods.

I went to a bonsai show today... I'm inspired to work on my trees again.
Paul

o

MaryB-I pray Ryan's bone marrow transplant is a success. It amazes me how brave kids are that have cancer, leukemia and the likes. Some adults don't take it as well as they do. Hope Evan had a great Birthday party. HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVAN.

Maryanne-Love that arbor. I would love to find two of those.

Marea-Don't forget me----I live close to Canna and Gloria.

Jaye-Glad you are having a good time on your vacation. Hope you are back with us soon.

Nancy-Sorry to hear your DH is sick. Hope nothing serious.
Can't believe you married your DH the night you met. Must have been love at first sight. My son dated the same girl for 8 years and then decided she was not the one.

Jo-So glad your Mom is ok. Hope you have many more years with her.

Sharon-Yes get you some fruit & veg. spray like Marea suggested. It should get rid of those flies. I left my angel trumpets in water this year. I am not going to plant them until Spring. Spiders and bugs got all over them last year when I planted them indoors in pots. I wish I had time to cook the dirt and kill every thing in it.

I want to share these pictures of my Granddaughter. She had a dance tonight and came to eat supper with me before she went. She is just like my own. The other girl is a friend of hers.

Shirley

o

• Posted by dian57 M-H Valley NY-5 (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 22, 06 at 6:55

Shirley, your granddaughter is beautiful! Ah, to be young and thin and dressed up for a dance . . .

My DH proposed to me on our first date. We just celebrated our 27th anniversary in August, so it must've been the right decision. I think it was more lust (okay, it was ALL lust) in the beginning, but it worked out great.

Carmen, I'm so glad you liked your nutcracker. Did the crown points come back up for you?

Nancy, in order to post on the web, your pictures have to be on a web-hosted site (so people can see them when if your home computer is off). I think if you delete them from that site, they'll automatically disappear from here. That's what I did and I no longer see them in the postings. I'll be emailing you all pictures in the future to avoid the new IV policy.

Ellen--is my understanding of posted pictures on the web correct?

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. One of these years I may surprise Gloria and take us both out for lunch on our shared special day. And heaven knows I could use a break from this NY cold weather.

Dianne/dian57

o

Good morning all,

Happy belated birthdays to G, Dianne and Maryb's Evan! Hope they were great ones :).

Jo - whew how scary on your mom. sure glad she's ok now. hope they can find out something more on what happened.

Maryb - i will keep Ryan in my prayers. doesn't seem fair for such a young one.
& looking forward to your visit as well.

Carmen - thankyou for the warning on the rules. gotta ditto sharon here...can't imagine what they would do with the named ones but will have to think about seedlings,
scary.

Shirley - Brittany is so beautiful!

Nancy, Dianne, Marea....wow on the short engagements...and grats on the many happy years together.

Marea, love forbidden desires. thats a beauty. awesome pic. & if you ever get out to Hanson's, i would meet you there in a sec.

Angie, what happened to the dl's? they seem to be the only plants i can consistantly grow without losing alot:). if any were the ones i sent, plmk and will send some more. btw...i absolutly loved a tall yellow plant you sent..wish i could remember the name now...stunning. must have been my favorite new plant this year. bloomed forever.

Maryanne - loved the arbor! makes a very stately entrance. thanks for posting.

Sharon - love the clump photos. took alot this year. seems like you just can't see how pretty some are, esp selfs, in a single flower pic. wish i could get more, but most of the newer ones are single pics just because thats all they are.....

Whistler's Sister

Young Countess

Carol - box done and mailing Mon. Hope the critters like..:)

Cindy O/namso

o

Good morning Everyone,

Just got home from work. Had to stop by.

Thank you everyone, for the kind thoughts and well wishes for my mom. She is eating her lunch. And doing ok.

Shirley,
I meant to say that I love your red kitchen. And how absolutely beautiful your grand daughter is.

Maryanne,
Love your arbor/arch it is so unique.

Gloria,
So sorry to hear of your woes. Hang in there. Thing s WILL work out for you I just know it. big hugs.

Well, my DH and I didn't get married the same night, but we did get get married quite quickly, Met on Halloween night, married in Jan.Pretty close to love at first sight. We will be married 31 years this month, on the 25th. He is just the sweetest guy. I love him to pieces.

Cindy,
Whistler's sister is stunning. I do not have too many yellow DL, but I would make an exception for that one. I just love it.

I still need more recipes for our book, please send more!!!!

Hi Nancy,

Hi Paul,
Would love to see some of your bonsai. I think they are so wonderful. Wish I had the time to make a couple of them.

Hi Angie,
I will look forward to checking out your bulbs for spring. Really into lilies now.

Hi Carol,

MaryB,
I will most certainly keep Ryan in my thoughts and prayers.

Hope I didn't miss anyone, if I did, it wasn't on purpose.

hugs to all,

Jo

o

gotta have that forbidden desires. go Seahawks,sorry but they aren't playing the steelers yet. spring must be coming daylilies popping up all over. got the last tulips planted today. Gloria I only have pics of daylillies and oriental lilly, do you need those?hugs carol

o

Hello,
Thx for the nice welcome back!

Mareas, yes I do have that lovely colt and this past week I went on my first solo ride!!!! I've been looking forward to that a long time! I am breaking him myself . (so far) He's 1 1/2 years old and is doing great with the bridle, saddle and starting reigning. He is ok in the 'go' and 'whoa' dept. With the two blue eyes he's a fabulous looking missouri foxtrotter.
There's a pic of him toward teh end of teh first album here:
http://community.webshots.com/user/cheerpeople

Shirley you and granddaughter are so pretty.

Canna- nice kitty! We have a fat one named "Sausage"
that hangs out with the cattle all day.

Seeing all the DL pics here remended me to ask..
I got some mixed daylily seeds from Joey in this group when I was in last time. I spring sowed them and i guess i should have WS them as none came up. Did they work out for the rest of you?

It snowed again.

Good time of year to catch up on reading and ordering garden catalogs... and I'm going to repot an alocasia just to play in the dirt!

http://www.thehermitsgrove.org/reviews.html
here's a nice list of garden catalogs and which are free...
Karen

o

Ok Mama, Seahawks are coming after your steelers, late night talk show host said all teams have animal or birds on helmets except steelers who have 70's christmas ornament. I am a fair weather fan so no war here. may the best team win. hugs carol

o

Ok Ladies and Gents...Time to sign up for the Valentines Swap. Please sign up by no later than 6pm Thursday as I will be sending out your partners names and the instructions for a fun filled Valentines Swap. This will be a secret swap. All packages will need to be mailed no later than Febuary 8th to make sure it gets to your Valentine in time. This is going to be a short one so if you do not think you can get things together an in the mail to your partner in less than 2 weeks we will understand if anyone wants to sit this one out.

I hope all is well with everyone.

Happy Birthay to all those I missed...lol Thus I send cards early...hahaha

Congrats Dianne...I bet you are on cloud 10!!!!!!!!

Great pictures all.

Carol, Check with me in April and I may have enough of Forbidden Desires to share.

Thats another thing...Mom(Bettyboops here on GW)and dad are in the process of painting and doing a few other thing to get their house ready to sell. We are also working a little along to get ours ready to sell. Mom and Dad have a 3100 sq ft house an 45 acres an we have a 2700 sq ft house and 35 acres...my father is disabled as am I so we have all decided that our places are just too big for us to take care of so we are looking for between 10 and 20 acres and then we are going to either have Modular Homes built on site or buy either Double or Triple Wides an put both on the property. I have to have a big enough place for another family to live with us as Meghan has beaten it into our heads that she is never moving out...lol Mom, Meghan and I can all garden together and a will always be around to Supervise which is what he does best. You know us women dont know how to do anything right...lol Anyway as soon as Spring gets here I will start digging up my clumps and potting them up and getting them ready to go...hopefully we will have found some land by then so we can go ahead and get the gardens started there so when we put our house up for sale all of the gardens will be already moved and I will have all these back together so they will be nice for the new owners. All my beds are raised and I use a mixture of compost an manure as my top layer dirt...about the top 8-12 inches. You can literly dig a plant up with your hand in my gardens...no need for shovels. I love the loose dirt an so do my plants. I have a ton of seedlings that I will be leaving behind but some may make good filler plants for like around the mail boxes or end of the driveway. Meaning if someone likes them and ecides to steal them you havent lost anything. So keep that in mind if anyone would like some of these just remember so when I get ready to ig the ones I am taking with me I can dig some of those too. Remember I have the Webster gene pool for the spider, UF and of course the red daylily. If any of you hybridize you may be interested in that gene pool. I know most of your bigger hybridizers have used it in their Tet lines for years.

Enough of that

Bye Ya'll
Deni

o

Yay! We are so psyched! We've waited a long time for this, and are ready to win the Superbowl.

As much as I love ALL birds, the Seahawks better fly south before the Steel Curtain comes down, lol!

Here's a little history about logo's...

The LA Rams were the first team to use logo's on their helmets. That is because one of their players at the time was also an artist, and offered to paint them for free. During the 1950's, other teams in the NFL started to do the same.
The Steelers originally had their numbers on the helmets. In 1962, Rupublic Steel (in Cleveland, LOL) suggested that we use the Steelmark as our logo. The Steelmark is the symbol created by the American steel industry, and it is a circle enclosing three hypocycloids and the word "Steel." The hypocycloids are three colors, and in the 1970's the meaning was extended to include the three materials used to make steel: yellow for coal, orange for ore, and blue for steel scrap.

We loved the idea, and petitioned the American Iron and Steel Institute for permission to change the word "Steel" inside the Steelmark to "Steelers."

My father worked for U.S.Steel Corp., as did my grandfathers. Most people in our region have some sort of steel worker roots, so the logo is just perfect.

Pittsburgh really is the "Steel City".

Okay, hope you enjoyed your history lesson. : )

I'm so excited..................

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

o

well, if philly (eagles) couldn't do it, i am glad the steelers did - at least it's staying IN STATE. dawn, you must be on cloud 0.

good morning everyone, hope you are well.

maryanne/earthly

o

There is so much excitement here I gotta say go Seahawks, but mamma if you win thats ok too. did you see those hawks tho they kicked b--. Deni, thankyou for the offer, I will hope you have extra, it is a beauty, good luck on land hunting. I wanna be in valentine swap. I wanna send a hawks t-shirt to mamma bird. what size mamma? hugs carol

o

Hi there you'll. As Deni has told you, I'm her mom and am glad to be able to join your group. She and Meghan have had a blast with all the great stuff they have gotten in the past swaps. I'm looking forward to the Valentine swap, my birthday is the day before so I always have a lot to look forward to in the middle of February. As the year goes by I hope to get to know each of you and it doesn't matter to me at all who wins. My cowboys aren't even in the running.
Betty

o

Tue, Jan 24, 06 at 0:29

Welcome Betty! Since your family are such grand people - I'm sure I'm gonna love swapping stories & plants with you, too!

Dawn - I just had to laugh at myself because I was filled with joy when I heard your Steelers are going to the Superbowl! After all your posts about that team, it mattered very much to me that they finally got here. Even I will plan the day around THAT game.

Today was a "mind the dry cleaning shop" day for me and one of the things I did was mend the crotch of a pair of Yoga pants for a young man. When he took out his wallet, I told him that there was no charge. 'It's my contribution to World Peace', I told him. He just stared at me, and then said: "I get that on some level. I guess". We both just smiled at each other across that abyss as he left...
~marea

o

Yikes, what is that "music" playing when I log on here? Something about the Steelers?

Deni, I have to post the picture of Aphrodite blooming. It is one that I traded you for. Here it is with my Elvas Amaryllis. Keeping the house at 60 degrees is really keeping the Amaryllis's blooming A LONG time!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

DENI - PUT ME INTO THE VALENTINES DAY SWAP.
I love it that Meghan wants to stay with you forever. My DD who is now a junior in High School, can't wait to go AWAY to college. She says 'no way' to going to a local school and living at home. Now the 15 year old son still thinks he might like to stay home for a while. You and your parents have a huge job a head of you, both getting ready to move. I don't envy you (other than living on all that land). Deni, I might be interested in 1 or 2 spiders or UF's hybrids. Thanks for the kind offer.

Marea, I had to laugh at yours and Betty's sayings. I just heard a new one for me yesterday. Everyone at lunch looked at me like I was crazy that I had never heard it ... 'off with the prom dress'. You use it to say you need to do something fast. etc. 'I'm off as fast as the prom dress.'

Betty - a big welcome to you!

Carol - I'm only cheering for the Steelers cause that seems to be team that is playing each time I walk through the Family Room on the way to somewhere else. Also, I grew up across the street from a Steel Plant and not a Sea. Actually the plant was about 1/4 mile away, but we had access to their open propery across the street.

I guess I'm rooting for both teams since I live so close to Detroit. GO DETROIT. (never thought I'd say that!) Detroit really has gone the extra mile for the SuperBowl. I just hope the media portrays us in a good light. They love to rip us apart. :o(

Paul and Marea, thanks for the information about the fungus knats. Using both methods now plus one I found on the houseplant forum. Seems to be working.

Paul, I just love to LOOK at the Bonsai trees. One of our pathologists at work had a setup in his office with lights and he had 5 bonsai there. He is retired and into major gardening now. Fantastic you have the patience to do bonai!

Shirley, your granddaughter is enchanting. I think she looks a lot like you!

Cindy O - once again, wonderful daylily pictures!

All I can say is 'Wow' to all of you who got married so fast. Hubby and I started dating when I was 16. Dated other people in college as well as each other. Got married when I was 24. We thought we were too young then, but knew absolutely that this was what we wanted. Waited 5 years to have a baby so we could have a little fun b/f all that responsibility. LOL

sharon/tma

o

Hi Everyone,

Mom goes to the drs today, just taking a few min. for me before I get her up and going. She hates the docs, and I always have to "unch" her along.

WELCOME BETTY!!!
Always glad to have another smiling face. ( along with all those lovely daylilies) Huge grinz!!!!

Marea,
What a very kind gesture. Glad he "got it" on some level.

Deni,
I would love some of the spiders and UF. LMK. We have moved 8 times in 31 years. I told DH, when we moved here, that I intend to die in this house and he can bury me in my flower beds. (JK) But, I never will move ever again. We love this place, and if I had to pack everything up, I think my mind (remember only 2 brain cells)would totally boggle, and I would do the rubber glove on the head thing.
Wish you the best in selling your houses and getting a great price.

Dawn,
Not much of a football fan, but, GO STEELERS. I will root for your team. Hope they win.

I AM IN FOR THE VALENTINES SWAP!!!!

Also, Do you all still have to log in when you come here?
I do, but, I have the GW members page (the one where you go to look for members or to change your info)in my favorites (I have this forum there too) I do not have to log in to look for someone, or for seeds, plants etc. I can find them, and send an e-mail, whatever. I think that is kinda sutpid. JMHO

Well, better get moving,
You all have an awesome day,

HUGS all round,

Jo/juspeachy

o

Jo, let us know how the Drs visit goes with your Mom and if it was just the lack of O2 that made her pass out.

My Mom never wanted to go to the Drs or hospital either. Even the day she died and was in a lot of pain, as soon as you mentioned the hospital, she said, "I'm feeling much better!". Made us smile. The ambulance was on the way when she died. She died at home which is what she wanted.

Can you tell I'm avoiding cleaning the bathrooms!
sharon/tma

o

Hi,

Back home again. Mom upset, cause I took her out in the cold. Offered to swear at the doc if he wanted her to. (again) Poor man is gonna get a complex. giggle
Here is what we found out today;

They are calling it "syncope"

Also known as fainting, syncope (SINcuhpee) is a brief, sudden loss of consciousness, usually followed by a rapid return to consciousness. Syncope is a symptom of an underlying cause or condition, not a disease itself. It may be due to harmless causes, or it may be due to more serious underlying cardiovascular or neurologic conditions, including sudden cardiac death.

In patients with heart disease, the possibility that a fainting spell may have been caused by an abnormal heart rhythm arrhythmia needs to be carefully considered. Therefore, patients with heart disease (and, indeed, anyone) should inform their physician of any episodes of fainting or nearfainting as soon as possible after the event.

Tests that may be run include a tilt table test, which is used to assess neurocardiogenic syncope fainting due to a reflex that leads to a sudden drop in heart rate and blood pressure. Other tests that may be run include an echocardiogram, a stress test, a Holter monitor (or event monitor), a cardiac catheterization or an electrophysiologic study. In addition, a CT scan or an MRI may be used to evaluate possible neurologic causes.

Treatment will depend on the underlying cause that is revealed.

We have Lincare coming in to do an overnight oxygen test to see if she qualifies for in home oxygen. Other than that, we are back at square one, because she has not had any other episodes (which is great) but it gives them nothing to go on. We just have to watch her closely.
We do have some wonderful news, the lady that used to watch her is going to come back. I am over the moon. She is so sweet and wonderful with mom. She works with her, and talks to her, and treats her like a "somebody". A few of you know that I have had some real issues with the lady I have now. She is a pleasant enough person, but all she does is "sit" here with her. She doesn't talk to her, I have had problems with her giving her the food I have specified for her,She does nothing to stimulate her at all, she will sit and watch tv,(she is no longer allowed the use of my computer, HUGE problems there)while my mom sits and dozes in her chair, and many other problems. We have been looking for several months for someone to replace her. It is either a case of I cannot afford to pay what they want (over $17.00 hr) or I would just be trading one set of problems with the lady I have for another set with the new person. So, having this lady come back is the answer to my prayers. She would take mom out for a picnic, or to lunch, do her nails, read to her, talk to her, she even made flash cards of everyday things like a "dog, tree, chair, house, etc." To make her think and keep her mind stimulated. She was wonderful with her.Also, she went to school for nursing, so she will be able to take much better care of her. Can you tell I am excited and happy about this?

Anyhoo, I promised mom coffee and cookies when we got home, so I had better get myself moving and do that.

BBL,

Jo

o

Good Gosh, that Steeler thingy scared the livin sh** out of me.

Not much of a football fan here. Went to a Rams game last year and got plastered, passed out when I got home, what a wasted day! All my friends have PSL's
All the girls go bar hoping during the Super Bowl while the guys stay home!!!

I had a friend over tonight, he was working on my bathroom that I completly gutted 2 years ago. So maybe within a month I will actually have 2 working bathrooms. YIPPEE

Well got to go, been surfing all night.

oh and put me in the Valentine Swap
Angie

o

Hi all,

I am very happy that yall let my grandmother join now you will all get a good laugh evory once in awile. she is a great person. well i wont take up time so i will let you guys go for now.

Meghan

o
7200 Traveling Daylilies, valintine swap

Hi agin all

Here is the list of people who have sined up for the valintine swap. if your name is not on the list and you want to swap please let me know. you have to join the swap by thur. affternoon.

Jo
paul
carol
Deni
Meghan
Betty
Gloria
sharon
sue
debbie
shirley
Angie

Thanks,
Meghan

o

what is that song when you come on this thread ? The news is playing a new song steelers sent us to get equal time, I am surrounded. Mamma how did you do that. welcome Betty, you give away your age with that screen name. glad to have you here 3 generations. how cool ok here we go here we go pittsburg is going to super bowl. catchy little tune here we go

o

gm all
Sorry for not posting but i have been under the weather a bit here the last few days & still not feeling up to par .
megan please as of now I think I better pull out of this swap .
when i get to feeling better i will try to catch up.
have a great time
susie

o

is anyone aware if marea is travelling?
my box was delivered, according to the post office two days ago and still no word. i'm not looking for anything other than the simple courtesy of "it's been received".

maryanne/earthly

o

Wed, Jan 25, 06 at 12:44

Maryanne's January Swap box arrived and she is my new best friend!! Here is a list of the heavy, stuffed box she sent:
~A box of chocolates! A big ol box of creams & caramels tied with a red ribbon. *grin*
~a WELCOME path stone you can hang on the wall with exquisite carved bunnies and flowers
~Gardening supplies: plant markers, manilla seed envelopes, bubble envelopes, a green sharpie - all of which i NEEDED.
~Seeds to grow hummingbird plants (cosmos, nasturtiums & 'Bouquet Mix' sunflowers) a pkt of Burpee's Big Boy tomatoes for me
~A pkg of 3 colorful felt Catnip mice - Persian Chuck claimed one already.
~Homemade Jalapeno Pepper Jelly - eye & mouth watering delicious!
~Mint chocolate chip meringue cookies (Maryanne is Herb's best friend now as well)
~A very cool clay cat figurine - a smiley face stripey with bells on with the most interesting crackled glaze.
~A quart size bag of cat treats (Blue loves these & ate like 6 of these little man-shaped cookies on the spot) with a note:
"I have to apologize - My son opened the original package and snacked on these. I didn't have the heart to tell him they are CAT treats. lol"
~Big pkg of Wild Bird Seed
~Pkg of nummy Apple Spice tea
~a glow in the dark BUG OFF biting insect repelling wrist band - what a concept! Very cool. If summer ever comes back I will wear it.
~ a BEAUTIFUL card with a watercolour of thistle in bloom with a butterfly & a finch with a - on the back of which is Maryanne's hand drawn cat icon. It has the same mysterious smile as the cat sculpture she sent..
~Last, but not least, an amazing find: CATNIP BUBBLES! Comes in a plastic jar with a blowing wand just like regular Bubbles - but was made with catnip oil. Maryanne is Bowie's best friend now, too. M - thank you VERY much!!!

I am sorry to say I have to sit out the February swap too, but will get my ducks in a row to be ready to swap in March. Off to eat jalapeno jelly & cream cheese on crackers for breakfast, marea

o
bad marea

Wed, Jan 25, 06 at 12:47

Maryanne, your box arrived yesterday while I was at work - didn't have the energy to post last night - sorry! ~m'

o

Good Day All:0)
Started out this morning with 205 E-mails to read & over 200 post to read.>>>WOW is my head really overwhelmed at this point. I am very sorry I missed Dianne & Gloria's Birthday's. I hope you both had a wonderful one.

Betty,
Welcome to our wonderful group, We love Deni so I know we will love you:)

Last week was a very nice week, thanks to YOU GUY'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Deni & Meghan started off with a nice Thinking of you card (I believe I posted & thanked them?)
Tuesday I was going to have lunch with Jo, Had to see they lawyer instead, Got home to a box from JO!!!! She sent me cookies & a beautiful Daylily fleece blanket & a hand made ornament she said, but that baby went right in my curio cabinet for year round display. Cleopatra one of the Daylilies I want for my garden I now have in my home.
((((Jo))))Thank you so much for your wonderful gifts, I pray that Mom will be OK for a lot longer, I am sorry I missed your call, I am going nut's here, will try & catch up with you.

Then Wednesday the mail lady was getting out & I thought OH NO!!! Here comes trouble from court, Nope not at all, She brought me a box FULL I MEAN FULL of goodies from Carol, From seed's to candles to a beautiful stuffed piggy that baby David loved, as I had him the day it came.Hony & Tea, oh and a cool radio, I have not had time to play with it yet but I will.
((((Carol))))Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Next I received a message on my cell phone from a local florist, I was on my way to pick up the baby again (Friday) Got home & called them, told them I thought they had the wrong person, as I NEVER GET ANYTHING FROM A FLORIST, She confirmed I was the person they were looking for, I thought, Must be Brandon's parents wanted to thank me for all that I had done for them during Brandon's passing, I asked her if it was from the Bohart's she replied NO!! Now I am confused, she asked if I would like her to read the card, I said YES!!, She reads: Something To Brighten Your Day! Your Gardening Friend BUDSNBLOOMS!!!!!!!
((((Debbie)))) You will never now how special your plant will always be with me. You really touched my heart & let me tell you I am not sure what type of palm it is but it is the most beautiful healthy plant in my home now. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

Monday comes, I had to return to the Lawyers office with pictures & things he wanted, got home & Again another OH NO THOUGHT comes to my head, here comes the mail lady again, Today she is bringing me a tall box FILLED with garden goodies from...YEP DAWN.
Now I pull out this drop dead beautiful glass flower with a humming bird on it, Thinking NOW NO WAY IS THIS GOING OUT IN THE WEATHER TO BE BROKE, now I just have to find the right place for it to keep it safe forever:) I truly needed the LAUGH garden sign & I love the Glass Heart.
((((Dawn)))I am so glad you are my friend:) Thank you so very much, Now help me find a safe place for my new flower stick:)

For anyone not sure about BABY DAVID, He is my Grandson, My only child fathered him, My son Joey is mentally handicapped, therefore no court will ever give him custody, Now we are fighting just for Joey to see him, Court order I supervise visitation in my home, With all that has happened we MAY & I say a big MAY be going for custody of David, Jo & I have talked about this many time's, she knows what I am going through & how hard it is. I will keep you all posted as to the out come, We start the trial Feb 3rd.....The BIG TROUBLE from court would be: Susan believes I am unfit to supervise visitation, she lied to the court & told them I have never had the baby without her here, How sad that made me feel. Her & her lawyer want a MENTAL evaluation done on me, It just never end's, anyway, they should have gone trough court to ask for this, they did not, they just sent a letter in the mail asking for it. So now I am waiting for the real one to come, that I would have to sign for.

I know I still have a ton of catching up to do, Finding the time I hope will come soon.

Deni,
I hope you got my E-mail, I would like to know the rules of the Feb swap before I commit, I would also like if from now on the rules are given before we are asked if we want to participate.

Anita, off to do laundry, Have a great day all!!!!

o

Hi all,

Here is what has to be in your box.
1. 1 heart shaped box of chocolate.
2. A card that will make your secret pal feel very special.
3. Some typ of keepsake.
4. 3 diffrent bulbs to make your secret pals garden pritty.
5. Any thing elts that you might want to seend.
You will have two weeks. The box will have to be mailed no later than Feb. the 8th.

any one elts who would like to join you have till thur. affternoon. Just let me know.

Thanks,
Meghan

o

Wow we got a stuffed box from Cindy, harness for tiyi, 2 bags of treats, a pigs ear for each of the three dogs. and toys for them, birds got treats and a toy, fish got a cool rock tunnel. I just asked dh to get me suet cakes and he forgot, Cindy sent me three plus a new feeder with one more. face lotion for me and food for my imaginary hamster that Cindy thinks I have but don't it will be a nice bird treat tho. wonderful stuffed box, sure I missed something, We loved it all. Thankyou Cindy we love you hugs carol

o

Meghan, I'm just a little concerned about finding bulbs to send this time of year. January and Feb are our coldest months. We won't begin to see bulbs for sale till March. And the ground will be frozen here for quite a while, so digging up my own isn't possible.
I see it has been close to 60 degrees in Flora, yikes, we will be lucky to see that in April. Have had it snow in April before.
Maybe we can come up with something other than bulbs. If not, then I respectfully bow out of this trade.
Sharon/tma

o

missed wonderful Jack Russel calendar in my box from Cindy. loved it thankyou Cindy

o

Meghan, I am concerned about bulbs too, there are not any out in the stores around her yet!

Angie

o

Hello!

We sure have had funny weather! All my mulched plants (your little daylilies, too, Deni) have now spent weeks in spring warm weather sweating under their covers...will they rot or sprout too soon? I did bite on a nice offer of a GW-er for iris - all her extras from an old iris bed - and turns out she not only grew up near here, she used to live on an old family property just a few miles from here. And the house was rented to her by my great uncle Joe! Great memories exchanged about grand people from years ago. I'm looking forward to the surprise flowers - could be anything!

Tomorrow my Jan box goes out - my first TD swap! If I can, I'll try to join in on Mar., too, whatever the drs. decide. This is a great diversion from worrying. And then of course there is a surprise on the way for my fuzzies, too...

Anita - Good for you for fighting for your son and grandson. It sounds like such an angry tangle! Keep it up; I'm pulling for you too.

My DH usually does supper as I need to lie down much of the day. He is a really good cook now! Last evening he made a Pad Thai. Yummy! DD Jess gave us ingredients from some of the Minneapolis specialty stores - stuff I sure don't find around here - so our eating is suddenly more exotic.

About fungus gnats - they eat the fungus that lives on decaying material, like potting soils with partly composted material. They'll come in from outside in the warm months, so it's hard to really get rid of them. They won't multiply if you can let the surface of your pots dry out between watering - it's the constant moisture that makes them love seedling pots. They don't harm the live parts of plants, so if a plant is healthy, and the FG's are in the soil, it's only a nuisance to you.

I use diatomaceous earth, soilless starting mediums, yellow sticky traps, grit or sand on the soil surfaces, and/or the occasional knock down with pyrethrum.

Anybody have a blue daylily they'd trade me something for? That's all I want to add this year, that and that wonderful blue/violet dark iris someone posted....

I WILL take notes...I will...I wil...

Very nice to meet you, Betty! Welcome.

Susie, I hope you feel better soon.

I really enjoy reading all your adventures, sad and glad times, and information. Love you

Barb

o

Jean's box went out today Priority mail so she may have it by Sat or Mon or later if the USPS so desires!

We hope she enjoys it.

Barb

o

Cindy, I gotta know where you got the dog harness, I love it and want to get them for my other 2 plmk thankyou carol. Deni all the daylilies I got from you are peeking their heads up, can't wait till spring. looks like all my dahlia tubers made it but they are small. here we go, here we go.
hugs carol

o

Here we go Steelers....Here we go....Pittsburgs going to the Super Bowl.

Way to Go Dawn. I hope your Steelers do great.

Welcome Betty Boops we are all happy to have you.

Anita...I hope everything works out for the best and I'm glad you liked the palm.

Marea...You're a goodhearted sweetie...did you get that on any level(too funny).

Meghan...You do your Mama proud.

Debbie/budsnblooms

o

Hi everyone!

Wanted to post that I received my Jan. swap box from Jean yesterday. WOW! I've got some happy birdies!
Jean, I loved every single thing! It was so perfect. Thank you so much!!! I will post all the goodies when I get home.....I have to go to the bank first thing this morning.

REMINDER: The Jan. swap boxes need to mailed out to those lucky critters by tomorrow (Jan. 28). And don't forget to post when you receive your box.

Some really happy animals so far. You all are so wonderful!

Carmen, my swap box to you went out in yesterday's mail. Del. Conf. #0304 3490 0000 2920 0507
Hope you & Roxy enjoy it.

WELCOME to Betty Boops! Glad to have another member of Deni's family join our family.

I've got so much catching up to do.....and so much to say, but I have to get to the bank. Back in a bit......

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

o

Good Morning All,

Just a quick note to let you all know that I returned home safely and tired....now I need a vacation from my vacation...lol Had a GREAT time!! It's good to be home.
I have such a wonderfully loving family.

Started the new job and school....and so far so good.

Gotta' lot of catching up to do. Everyone take care!
Oh, I am going to have to pass on this month's swap....way too much going on.

Jaye

o

I meant the Feb. swap.

o

Group HUG

Morning :-)..it's 9:15 in the morning and it's 45 out!!Ya hearing me...LOL...zone 4 and 45..WOW...liking it..but not cause I want to play in the dirt so BAD..is winter over YET

WOW Dawn..that was fast..I didn't mail till late Tue afternoon..So that was fast...I didn't get any pet infor on your house hold ...so I went with what I knew...Sorry I didn't draw a picture..but it would have been a REALLY BAD stick bird..LOL

I have to pass on the Val time swap to ...just to close at hand for me..and alot of short on the spending money..=(..Jan is a really bad month for resturants..here anyways.

Big Hug Mamabear

WELCOME Betty Boops

Jean/Dirtpig

o

Carol, glad you liked the box. harness was from Petsmart....email me if you can't find and i will pick up for you.

Passing on feb, need to catch up on some things.

Cindy O/namso

o

Fri, Jan 27, 06 at 19:54

Well, I had the sound turned on my 'puter for the first time in months and got scared by the Steelers song at first too! lol But i like it, dawnie! and thanks, by the way, for the steelers logo history - "ain't that America?" as that great old song goes...

oh ((JEAN))!! I LOVED seeing your amaryllis and your interesting houseplants!

Spring is gonna come! My '06 chives & my larkspur are all a couple inches tall already and they are always the true harbingers that we lived thru the Winter, next will come the crocus & snows drops & then the first of the iris...
I found a book on eBay - "THE IRIS BOOK" by Price - that I can't wait to read! Anybody read it?
Also bought "HOW TO GROW ORCHIDS" by the Rittenshausen's that has mouthwatering photos & what looks like Orchids 101 for idiots - yeah!...

Jaye, what are you majoring in in school??

Debbie - wasn't that guy a hoot? Levels. *giggle*

Here is Strawberry Rose, which GayGay sent me last Spring, featuring what I think it the same big black bee I watched all Summer (a big, clumsy, pollen-shaking sort of worker) but she did manage to get me a few seeds. Honeybees are very scarce here now, which is why I've become so interested in the hybridizing - it might become a survival skill...~m'

o

Mornin' all!

Maryanne, your box will be on it's way today! I hope you like it!

Welcome, Betty, love your user name.

Later,
Canna

o

Hello Traveling Daylilies!

A REMINDER that today is the last day to get your Jan. swap boxes out.
If you are late, please email me.

Hope you had fun with this one!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

o

I've got tons of catching up to do, but i'll start with my fabulous Jan. box from Jean (Dirtpig).

My birds, inside and out, are so happy!

Lucky links "shamrock shape".....my Greenwing Macaw LOVES these!

Parrot toy, beak and nail conditioner with rawhide & rope....this is my African Grey's favorite thing ever! And he usually hates toys. He's been ringing the bell on it non-stop. : )

A huge bag of birdseed from my favorite place "Wild Bird Marketplace". Jean, I didn't know you had those up there. They have wonderful seed mixes.

"Starling stumper".....I've never seen one of these before! It's a chain that goes on your suet cage.

A professional bird bath brush. I LOVE it! Will get lots of use out of this. Now I can throw away my old, dollar store brush.

A new suet cage w/ berry suet. Perfect! Can never have enough suet.

Parrot toy "Activitoy foot toy *large star*". Jean, I love the Activitoy's and have never seen that one! DH has been using it to play "fetch" with our Grey.

A Peanut butter bird feeder. WOO-HOO! How did you know I didn't have one of those? I made a homemade one a few years back, and it finally broke. I'm so thrilled to have a new one.

Jean's bird "BirdBird" shared some of his favorite toys...a paper cup holder and egg carton. My Macaw loves them and is happily shredding.

A Tea ball........perfect! We drink tea almost every morning.

Audubon birds "Northern Cardinal". I was so excited when I saw him. When I mentioned all the things I collect in our questionnaire, I think I forgot to list that I collect these. I didn't have that one yet! They are stuffed, and sing like the actual bird when you squeeze them.

The cutest magnet....a small, stuffed bumble bee. I call him my "Steeler bee", and have him on the fridge next to my "Cowher Power" and "Big Ben" magnets.

The most beautiful card that I will be framing. Even the envelope was pretty.

Jean, I hope I didn't forget anything. This was such a great gift, and me and my birds thank you. My Macaw is swinging on his new Lucky Links right now! THANK YOU!!!

MamaG, I know you are still waiting on my birdfeeder pics. I had a little accident, and never got to take any pics yet.
I have a very nice feeder station (purchased at WildBird Marketplace : ) that holds many feeders. It's very sturdy and actually screws into the ground, and has extra supports for stability. I think I had about 6 large feeders on it, along with other misc. stuff. Two weeks ago we had a very bad wind storm. The ground was so soft, the whole thing fell over. I was amazed, as I thought it would outlast a hurricane. Guess I was wrong. My favorite (and one of the most expensive) glass feeders shattered. Waaaaaaa!
The weather is nice today, and I finally got everything back together. I'll get some pics soon (before it falls over again, LOL).

Debbie, thanks for rooting for my team! You are sweet as pie!

I hope yinz aren't annoyed by my "Here We Go" song. I can't help it....i'm just so excited.

We went dahntahn (downtown) last night....there was a HUGE pep rally at Heinz field, but we didn't attend. We went to Station Square and had dinner, and just took in the "Steeler Fever". Since we were going to a semi-fancy restaurant, I didn't want to wear my "Big Ben" Jersey or paint my face Black & Gold.....so I decided to just wear black, and I put on my Rhinestone pin....

Barb, hope you enjoy your first swap with us! Looking forward to many more.

Marea, everytime I read one of your posts I just wanna' give you a big ol' hug!
That's a lovely pic. I sure miss GayGay.
What a great box from Maryanne!

Jean, I love that pic! I need shevles like that on MY windows! I would fill them up in no time.

Jaye, so glad you had a nice vacation. Looking forward to hearing more details on your new job. Hope it is going well for you.

Carol, glad you find my tune catchy. : )
I got an even better one if you are interested. I'll put a link at the end of this post.
Do the Seahawk's have any fight songs? I'd love to hear them.
You got a great box from Cindy!

Anita, I hope I made you smile. : ) We are all lucky to have you as our friend. I say a prayer for you every day. I know this will all work out. Someone, eventually, will see through her. HUGS!

Did I tell yinz the exciting news? I'm getting old and I can't remember, lol.
I am going to be an aunt! Yep, my youngest sis is 10wks. pregnant. We only found out about 3 weeks ago. It will be the first grandchild for my parents.
Poor sis, she has been VERY sick. Bad morning sickness 24 hrs. a day. I had to take her to the E.R. a few days ago. Please keep her in your prayers........I'd love for her to feel better and be able to enjoy this special time.

Jo, you're gonna' have to teach me how to knit. Or was it crochet? Either one will do, lol.
How's that greenhouse coming?

Well, i'm not done catching up yet, but I want to get back outside before the sun goes down. I got a new wheelbarrow and want to play with it. It's got two wheels! I really love it. You can fit so much in it. Great for cleaning out the gardens.

I'll be back for more catching up later.

HUGS TO ALL!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

PS: Carol, I will try putting the link for my new song in the next post. For some reason it's not working. ??

o
doo doo de doo doo

To those of you that would like to see and hear the new Steelers/Troy Polamalu song/video that has taken over our city and is sweeping the nation, please click the link.

It is hysterical!

Back in Week 14, when the Steelers took on the Chicago Bears, one of the Fox Sports announcers butchered the name of one of our players: Troy Polamalu (#43).

A local band called "Mr. Devious" modeled the catchy tune "Puhlahmahlu" after the old Muppet song, "Mahna Mahna".

I can't quit singing it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Puhlahmahlu

o

Hello All,

Finally, I didn't have to log in when I got here.

Marea,
I got my box of goodies yesterday. THANK YOU.
Here is what she sent;

Package of special doggie treats, all cut out in different shapes, from "Blind dog bakery", they smell really good, dogs love 'em.

Pkg liver treats, they love these too.

Little brown jug(hehe) used to hold sorghum syrup from Raccoon Mt. DH likes this, he collects old bottles, so this is right up his alley.

Pkg amaretto biscotti

Ankle socks with bracelet, for Breast cancer awareness

Pkg. birdseed

Felix the cat DVD-too cute Marea

apple spice tea

Stoneware cookie mold, this is so pretty, I may use it to make some sculpture instead of cookies, but, who knows, I may make cookies too. Just have to make sure it is washed real well. (grin)

osmocote plant food

Montana sunflower soap(smells great), love the name of the company-"Bear Naked soap co." with a cute little bear on the lable.

Book-chicken soup for the soul

Book-what my cat taught me about life.

Thank you Marea, love everything!!!!!!!!

Barb,
Your box of goodies went out yesterday morning. Hope you really like everything, I had a lot of fun making things and picking out others for your first TD swap.

Dawn
Love the steelers song, but can't get the link to work, it loads, but then it just sits there, nothing i do gets it to play. Your pin is very pretty, glad you had a great time. I will root for your team to win.

C'mon gals and guys, I STILL NEED MORE RECIPES FOR CAKES, AND DESSERTS.

Well, I am off to get some things done for our sons boxes, sending them cookies, fudge and a few other items, I am so far behind on some things.

I have 3 things for my valentine, and some ideas for several more, gotta get moving on that too.

Busy day ahead,

Have a great day everyone,

Jo

o

Mammabird, I got your box yesterday and we all love it! Roxy can't decide which of the many toys she likes the most, and she loves all the treats! The fish love the food, and the birds will adore the sunflowers. Plus, I love the treats you sent to me! I can't wait for my morning shower with the wonderful shower gel, plus the room freshner. I know that a new bird family will just love the snowflake bird house you sent. Thank you so very much! Everything is wonderful. Christmas in January!! (((((hugs)))))

Carmen

o

Manmail brought me a box..a Great big box..Full of all kinds of goodies...LOL...Thank you so much Barb...This is the biggest box I ever gotten :-)
So I'm started here wiht this picture that was on the front of the box.

Now in side the box was another one of the same picture.So I could keep it...isnt it cute?..and I cut this one off so carefully too....LOL..want to keep it.

Kiki had to help..She loved the homemade pillow for her and the other cats..as you can see.
Then there is the knitted toy for the cats as well.Both Kiki and Char checked it out so far...LOL

So much ..Let see

Weazel Ball for the Ferrets Kat and Kitt
Big Tin of chocolate cookies...Good cookies too..lol
2 balls for the dogs..one with a bell
Bag of Oral Hygiene chews
3 Pig ears
Home made treats for the dogs ...ones Barb useing for training her dogs.
Homemade Bird swing..big thing too...just got to figure out where I'm going to put it...but have no fear it will go up and soon too.
Homemade outside bird feeder..made out of bread,peanut butter and seeds..and instruction on how to do it for myself.
Bag of Millet spray
A tropical seed treat for Trevlynn(tiel)
and for me she sent
Homemade potholders set of 3 so pretty
Grapefruit lily bath salts...I think..lol
HOSTA SEEDS...form HomeStead Division
Seeds being Hearts Content,Niagira Falls,Noah's Ark,and and DOROTHY BENEDICT..happy,happy,joy,joy :-)
OH oh and a IOU for one of her Dorothy Benedict seedlings.When it's big enough to send.Then something called Glorious Jova moss(did I spell that right?)and copper cryptocornes..for my fish tanks..have no idea what this is..but ok..
Big big HUGS Barb..what a GREAT box of wonderfull FUN
Hope I didn't miss anything ..there was turely so much in the box.Thank you again.
Hope I didn't jam up anyones computer with all the pictures.
Big Hugs all and happy days

o

Dirtpig.... what a awesome box!!! and that paper is a blast.. I loved all the photos!!!!

Dawn is that you honey with the "steelers song?"

Listen a lady was tryng to find me and she tryped in ebayflowersforme123
and guess what came up?????
Our club here....
she emailed me and said gloria is this you?????
is this not fun!!!

these computers are way to smart!!! but have been from befor when BULBS were on sale and i told yah all.... and where did i read that someone couldnt find bulbs?????

24/7 BULBS Bulbs bulbs... and whay great sales that girl has.... flowersforme123.. and she is sooooooo nice too!

please take the time to read the below.....

Subject: Fw: Safety for Women

We can now add to the list of victims the retired 77 yr. old TCU professor from Ft Worth whose body was found last week in Oklahoma--and the 11 yr.old in Sarasota, FL. Because of these recent abductions in daylight hours, refresh yourself of these things to do in an emergency situation...This is for you, and for you to share with your wife, your children, everyone you know.

After reading these 9 crucial tips, forward them to someone you care about. It never hurts to be careful in this crazy world we live in.

1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!

2. Learned this from a tourist guide in New Orleans. If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you....chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!

3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back taillights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won't see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.

4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc. DON'T DO THIS!) The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.

a. If someone is in the car with a gun to your head DO NOT DRIVE OFF,repeat: DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your Air Bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it. As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.

5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:

A.) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger sidefloor, and in the back seat

B.) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into theirvans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.

C.) Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a
guard/policeman to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)

6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. (Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. This is especially true at NIGHT!)

7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN, Preferably ! in a zig -zag pattern!

8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP. It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked "for help" into his
vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.

************* Here it is *******************

9. Another Safety Point: Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird. The police told her "Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door." The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over. The
policeman said, "We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door." He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby's cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby He said they have not verified it, but have
had several calls by women saying that they hear baby's cries outside their doors when they're home alone at night.

Please pass this on and DO NOT open the door for a crying baby ----This e-mail should probably be taken seriously because the Crying Baby theory was mentioned on America's Most Wanted this past Saturday when they profiled the serial killer in Louisiana. I'd like you to forward this to all the women you know. It may save a life.

Send this to any woman you know that may need to be reminded that the world we live in has a lot of crazies in it and it's better to be safe than sorry.

Shannon LaForge
Courtroom Deputy to Judge Robert Junell
U.S. District Court for the Western District

o

Good Morning Everyone,
Quick check in to thank Shirley, I have no clue what I have done to keep getting these BRIGHTEN YOUR DAY box's, But again Shirley Brightened Monday, she sent an adorable bunny, that went in David's room, wind chimes, note pad, chocolate, calendar, I know I am missing something??????????

By now I am sure I have missed getting in on the Feb swap:( I wish I would have come back & read the post's, well maybe next month I can get in. Or maybe we have an uneven number & you might need me for Feb??????Please send me an E-mail if I can still get in?????

Snowing like crazy here, it was in the 50's yesterday. This weather is so crazy..
Went to Wallyworld yesterday & got all of our seed's for our veggie garden.. Oh I cant wait for spring, I know it is still a long way, away.
Have a great day all.....:)Anita

o

Afternoon All,

Wow! Everyone is receiving such wonderful boxes, I'm enjoying all the posts on what everyone received!

Gloria, thanks for the tips on safety!

Marea, I'm studying Environmental Horticulture/Environmental Science.

Dawn, the job is going ok so far, off today so I get to catch up on a few things....seems like there is never enough time in the day to do all the things that need to be done let alone "some" of the things I would "like" to do.(smile)

Welcome Betty!

Pretty warm here today, expecting rain tomorrow so I better try to get a few things in the yard completed. I'm still planting bulbs I caught on sale at Lowe's awhile back for next to nothing, here's an example: I bought 10pks with 4 in each pack of different kinds of hardy native ferns for 50 cents each....Packs and packs of astilbe, anemones, 10pks of different iris's, 9pks of crocus that had 25 in each pk, clematis, scilla, 5pks of muscari that also had 25 in each pk, but all the tulips were gone... and A LOT of other stuff...gosh, they had a little bit of everything and I probably have planted over 700 bulbs so far and still have quite a bit to go....walked out of Lowe's spending $22.00 and that was with a HUGE bag of my favorite potting soil...they practically gave the stuff away! Don't you love a bargin like that?!
I am so looking forward to spring!! I see stuff peaking through already.

Gotta' catch up on all these email's, and try to get a little studying in before dinner time.

Big ((HUGS)) to EVERYONE!!!

Everyone have a good day!

Jaye

o

Carmen sent my critters the neatest box. First I'll tell you about the matching pink with black dots food and water bowls. But that wasn't all, she also sent a matching kitty blanket with the cutest appliqued kitty on it. Christmas has already slept on it. It won't be long before it is covered with white kitty hair. Which reminds me, she also sent a hair/lint roller to clean after my finicky cat. She also sent a card that her daughter Elena was so taken with Christmas's finickiness, that she wanted to get her "only the best" and she really did....Tell Elena I will take a picture and post it here.

For our dog Ali, she sent Pigs Ears. The top had been chewed on and Carmen had written a note on the package that Roxy had tried to get in the package. That she was a pigs ear thief. Very funny. It just made the box more fun. Ali also received 2 packages of TBonz....These two things are really her very favorite snacks that I have found so far. Thank you Carmen and Elena. Thank you too Dawn for sponsoring this fun exchange.

Good luck STEELERS

Debbie/budsnblooms

o

Hi, Everybody.
This is from the Superbowl prep article in the local newspaper... looks yummy:

CHOCOLATE FUDGE PIE

1 (9-inch) unbaked ready-made pie crust
2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/4 cup milk
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt

Unroll and press pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate. Lightly prick pie crust. Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven 5 minutes. Let cool. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees.
In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and butter. Remove from heat. Combine milk, granulated sugar, egg, flour, vanilla, and salt. Stir into chocolate mixture, mixing well.
Pour filling into pie shell. Bake at 375 degrees about 30 minutes or until done. Cool. Sift powdered sugar over top. Serve slices with whipped cream if desired.
TIP: To intensify the chocolate flavor, add 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules and/or 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon.

Go USA! I'm catching the Olympic Fever.

o

Mary B thank you for a very very nice box & most of all my critters thank you they all are munching down :)))
my kitty's have new unbreakable bowls , deli slices /chicken flavor , a New mat to set the bowls on .
3 new candy balls to play with :)) .
but tag plays with the balls & tag also recieve beef,liver & cheese Flavored dogie treats .

I gave daddy the bird bell & suet cake for his out door birds :)) & shared the Belgian Truffle Cappuccino chocolate ball :)) very delicious :)))
& a flag to hang this spring in my garden.
snow santa

as for the babies birds they got a new toy for their new cage i put them into today & the other babies are enjoying the treat sticks & they all share the treat sticks
the picture turned a little dark but i think you can see the great gifts we recieved :)) maryb thank you for a great box .

susie

o

What a great box I received today from Rebecca. Inside were so many wonderful things. Lucky and I thank you so much for your kindness and generosity.

there were 4 packages of different types of sunflower seeds. A cute mug with a sunflower on it and what appears to be a hmmm, hmmm, (clearing throat here LOL) a FROG! So soft, so sweet.

A bag of those new coated heresy kiss candiesmade a good pre-dinner snack. A great bird house and seed, something called a bird house thistle sock (which I have never seen before this is so excellent my backyard buddies are going to just love this feast.

Lucky got a brand new toy, which he is loving. He kept grabbing it while I was trying to take the group picture. Hes an impatient little bugger. Here he is guarding his new possession.

Also included was this mini quilt hanger. This is fantastic. I have a bird/birdhouse room and this will be such a welcoming addition to my wall. Im rearranging now that the thorn in my side moved out, and I have the perfect spot for it once the computer armoire gets moved. Rebecca, did you make this yourself? Its fantastic. I just love it. Its so me, thank you so much.

Last but not least was my favorite item in the box. I just adore this and believe me, I would have been content if this was the only thing that had come in the box. Dakota, thank you from the bottom, the top and the middle of my heart. You captured Lucky W O W! Such talent sweetheart. Thank you so much, this picture is wonderful!

This is really nice package you sent me Rebecca - everything is so appreciated. You and Dakota put a great big smile on both our faces. Give her the biggest hug from me, please!

Be well,
Maryanne/Earthly

o

Jo's Animal Swap box came yesterday!!! Lots of great stuff!!!

There's something for practically everybody outside - the birds, the horses and the donkey, too. And stuff for the dogs, cats and me.

Isn't this tiny doggie with his holiday wreath adorable?

Handmade notecards - just lovely!- and a little butterfly windchime.

Luther lounges now on his favorite old swivel chair on one of the softest pet blankets. Jo made up 1 for everybody, with name on each! Luther looks good on koalas (isn't that fabric cute!)

Tiger knows what to do with a bunch of rawhide munchies. (He'd munch that tiny fuzzy doggie, too, given the chance.)

She sent for indoor pets:

-chewies and homemade blankies for dogs and cats AND
-a pet fur picker-upper (at last!! : ) AND
-some cute black and white pawprint fabric AND
-a vast assortment of little spools of thread, all different colors, to sew doggie duds and etc with

And for outdoor pets:

-apples for the horses and donkey (much happy slobbering there!)

For wild things outside:

-2 big wild bird treatballs full of nifty ingredients and
-a birch log suet feeder with homemade food for it - I can see the birds from my window when I'm down

And for me:

-a candle that smells MARVELOUS
-lots of little craft kits I can do lying down:
little animal jigsaw puzzles
metalcraft animal pictures
little animal themed paint by numbers (haven't done that in years. Great!)
-an adorable little pinkypurple butterfly windchime (hung it over the bed I'm in during the day - tinkles very sweetly :)
-2 refrigerator magnets - 1 cat lover theme, the other, dog
-really beautiful notecards - I think you made these, right, Jo?
-and that funny little border collie with his wreath!

And then she made and tucked into the box:

-a little white donkey sitting down - so cute! looks like Flapjack!
-and a little southwestern style tiny cowskull that will sit on the sand with my cactus.

Jo, I know caring for and loving your Mom takes so much of your time - I cared for my mom when she was so limited by Parkinson's disease, so I know how it is - and I appreciate that much extra the care and imagination you gave to this box. Thanks so much.

Here's our grandbaby Marie at 6 mos. Cookies and footies! We just love her so.

Barb

o

Just thought I would stop in to say hello to all of you and say thank you to Maryanne (earthlydelights) for the very nice gesture of sending me a card and some coupons for something I really like. Bad Habit though. She noticed a carton of ciggarettes in one of my photos and sent me some coupons for them that she had. How sweet to take the time and mail them too me. Just a great example of the thoughtful ladies and gents in this group. Thanks again Maryanne. Barb very cute babie there. Adorable picture.

Haven't been on much, the house has been keeping me busy and I am going in for my surgery next wed. so I have been trying to tie up some loose ends over there and getting my inventory in and potted up into gallon pots. Quite the task. I will have to learn not to order so much at one time. LOL Still lots to learn.

Jo, glad you got your seeds and will be able to get some plants started. They reseed readily here and I don't have to plant any ever! They come back every year, enjoy.

Everyone have a great nite, sounds like everyones friends are getting some fabulous boxes. They are all going to be spoiled rottener when this trade is over. Tanarae

o
January Swap......please read everyone. : )

Friends.....you are bringing tears to my eyes! What wonderful, thoughtful Jan. swap packages! You have all done so well. Thank you for all caring for our critters so much.

All packages should now be mailed and hopefully received. Please email me if you haven't received your package. And please post if you did. We love to hear about all the goodies!

I've decided to change how we "vote" for the participant who gets a special treat from me. We are still going to have the members who did NOT play this time around do the voting. Here's how it will go:
I am going to send a list of the Jan. swap players to Debbie. Each player will have an assigned number.

Between Mon. (6th) & Wed. (8th), those members that DIDN'T play this month will pick a number between 1 & 12. They will then email that number to Debbie (please put Jan. swap in subject line). Debbie is going to add up all the numbers received. You will win if the total is closest to your number, without going over.

Does everyone understand? Let me know if I confused anyone. I am just trying to be fair to everyone. I will mail the package out on Thursday.

Debbie, I hope you don't mind that I "volunteered" you, lol. If you are unable to receive the emails, plmk.

I had so much fun with this swap, and look forward to hosting another one. I've already got an idea for one, and would love to suggest it for May if y'all don't mind.

Carmen, i'm glad you liked your package from me. I hope Roxy is enjoying everything. I'm curious, did the picture look anything like her? I was guessing.

Well, thanks again everyone who participated in this swap. How fun for all our pets and critter friends!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

o

Wow, wonderful pet swap boxes! You all did great. Makes me wish I had been in on that one. But I'm happily filling the VD box. :o)

Anyone else going nuts with the 'musical' adversitements on GW (not your song Dawn).

Dawn, I have to tell you. I was doing the laundry, doing my standing 'butt crunches' when I realized I was singing the steelers song. LOL

I need to hear a seahawks song so I can sing when doing the dishes.

HAPPY GROUNDHOGS DAY!

I have all my DL seeds planted. Whew, a bigger joy than I thought.

Barb, lovely Grandbaby.

Sharon/tma

o

too funny sharon, i find myself singing that song all the time too. the dog almost knows all the words! last year it was FLY EAGLES FLY bla bla bla - they didn't, they crashed (boo hoo)

i too wouldn't mind hearing a seahawks song - just for comparison. come on carol, let's hear ya sing!

another beautiful day in the neighborhood. the weather is just so wonderful. i can't believe everything that is popping up. i'll be so content with this weather for the rest of the winter.

be well all,
maryanne/earthly

o

Hey all, just wanted to share a couple of photos of some new plants I got in. They are all tropical hibiscus and they are gorgeous. Makes me drool waiting on spring time!
Well hope that worked!

o

It didn't put the picture name??
1. Tsunami
2. Fireworks
3. Evangeline
4. Cajun Luvables C'est bon
5. Curly Top
6. Black Dragon

I think they are all beautiful. Don't know why the pics are so large??
Tanarae

o

Tanarae, honey, we need to talk! LOL! WOW those are awesome! Where did you get them?

~Canna

o

Thu, Feb 2, 06 at 23:48

Kids - rules number 3 is that when a thread gets to 100 posts - start the next one by copying and pasting the first post of the last thread + any pertinent updates. Any of the group are welcome to do this. I am gonna start a new thread now... ~m'

o

gotta have that black dragon !!!Gloria your v day boxes are in the mail, bulbs will come seperate, as will a little seperate gift. here is a link to Seahawks songs, http://www.kube93.com/pages/Audio/WeCantStop.mp3
enjoy, excuse the rap. hugs to all
carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here