Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juspeachy_gw

7200 Traveling Daylilies, on to the next swap

juspeachy
18 years ago

This round robin is an extention of a wonderful group of traders, the Traveling Daylilies, who when at all possible trade daylilies. We have the most awesome group of traders, proven, experienced, honest, giving, sharing and awesome loving people. The way into this group is to have traded and proven yourself honest. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recommendation. We'd love to have you!

We are still working on our Jan swap, but will be getting ready for our Feb, swap very soon.

Morning everyone!

Great pics Meghan and Cody.

Shirley,

Don't vacuum those little guys up, put them in your plants/garden. They cost the earth if you go to buy them.(Organic Gardening sells them for one) They are natural predators of the "BAD bugs" that eat your plants and flowers. I have them in my house every spring, and I just transport them to my indoor plants or my greenhouse, or if it is nice enough so they won't die, out to my gardens. Works like a charm. They LOVE aphids.

Sherri,

glad you DS is doing better, will keep saying prayers.

Gloria,

Hang in there is all I can say. Wish I could come and give you a big hug. But this will have to suffice, HUG, HUG, HUG.

Dang,

Can't remember whose niece was hurt on motercycle. But will say a prayer for her as well.

Cindy,

LOVE that Daylily, Jewel in a crown?, crown jewels? whatever it is gorgeous.

Gosh, I wish my brain would work.

REMEMBER TO POST RECIPES, CAKES AND/OR DESSERTS

I most likely missed someone, sorry if I did, always tons to do on my day off.

Hugs to all,

Jo

Comments (105)

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Jo, let us know how the Drs visit goes with your Mom and if it was just the lack of O2 that made her pass out.

My Mom never wanted to go to the Drs or hospital either. Even the day she died and was in a lot of pain, as soon as you mentioned the hospital, she said, "I'm feeling much better!". Made us smile. The ambulance was on the way when she died. She died at home which is what she wanted.

Can you tell I'm avoiding cleaning the bathrooms!
    sharon/tma

• juspeachy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi,

Back home again. Mom upset, cause I took her out in the cold. Offered to swear at the doc if he wanted her to. (again) Poor man is gonna get a complex. giggle
    Here is what we found out today;

They are calling it "syncope"

Also known as fainting, syncope (SINcuhÂpee) is a brief, sudden loss of consciousness, usually followed by a rapid return to consciousness. Syncope is a symptom of an underlying cause or condition, not a disease itself. It may be due to harmless causes, or it may be due to more serious underlying cardiovascular or neurologic conditions, including sudden cardiac death.

In patients with heart disease, the possibility that a fainting spell may have been caused by an abnormal heart rhythm arrhythmia needs to be carefully considered. Therefore, patients with heart disease (and, indeed, anyone) should inform their physician of any episodes of fainting or nearÂfainting as soon as possible after the event.

Tests that may be run include a tilt table test, which is used to assess neurocardiogenic syncope  fainting due to a reflex that leads to a sudden drop in heart rate and blood pressure. Other tests that may be run include an echocardiogram, a stress test, a Holter monitor (or event monitor), a cardiac catheterization or an electrophysiologic study. In addition, a CT scan or an MRI may be used to evaluate possible neurologic causes.

Treatment will depend on the underlying cause that is revealed.

We have Lincare coming in to do an overnight oxygen test to see if she qualifies for in home oxygen. Other than that, we are back at square one, because she has not had any other episodes (which is great) but it gives them nothing to go on. We just have to watch her closely.
    We do have some wonderful news, the lady that used to watch her is going to come back. I am over the moon. She is so sweet and wonderful with mom. She works with her, and talks to her, and treats her like a "somebody". A few of you know that I have had some real issues with the lady I have now. She is a pleasant enough person, but all she does is "sit" here with her. She doesn't talk to her, I have had problems with her giving her the food I have specified for her,She does nothing to stimulate her at all, she will sit and watch tv,(she is no longer allowed the use of my computer, HUGE problems there)while my mom sits and dozes in her chair, and many other problems. We have been looking for several months for someone to replace her. It is either a case of I cannot afford to pay what they want (over $17.00 hr) or I would just be trading one set of problems with the lady I have for another set with the new person. So, having this lady come back is the answer to my prayers. She would take mom out for a picnic, or to lunch, do her nails, read to her, talk to her, she even made flash cards of everyday things like a "dog, tree, chair, house, etc." To make her think and keep her mind stimulated. She was wonderful with her.Also, she went to school for nursing, so she will be able to take much better care of her. Can you tell I am excited and happy about this?

Anyhoo, I promised mom coffee and cookies when we got home, so I had better get myself moving and do that.

BBL,

Jo

• luvmybulbs
    18 years ago

Good Gosh, that Steeler thingy scared the livin sh** out of me.

Not much of a football fan here. Went to a Rams game last year and got plastered, passed out when I got home, what a wasted day! All my friends have PSL's
    All the girls go bar hoping during the Super Bowl while the guys stay home!!!

I had a friend over tonight, he was working on my bathroom that I completly gutted 2 years ago. So maybe within a month I will actually have 2 working bathrooms. YIPPEE

Well got to go, been surfing all night.

oh and put me in the Valentine Swap
    Angie

• meghan_in_ms
    18 years ago

Hi all,

I am very happy that yall let my grandmother join now you will all get a good laugh evory once in awile. she is a great person. well i wont take up time so i will let you guys go for now.

Meghan

• meghan_in_ms
    18 years ago

Hi agin all

Here is the list of people who have sined up for the valintine swap. if your name is not on the list and you want to swap please let me know. you have to join the swap by thur. affternoon.

Jo
    paul
    carol
    Deni
    Meghan
    Betty
    Gloria
    sharon
    sue
    debbie
    shirley
    Angie

Thanks,
    Meghan

• veeja11
    18 years ago

what is that song when you come on this thread ? The news is playing a new song steelers sent us to get equal time, I am surrounded. Mamma how did you do that. welcome Betty, you give away your age with that screen name. glad to have you here 3 generations. how cool ok here we go here we go pittsburg is going to super bowl. catchy little tune here we go

• skohler
    18 years ago

gm all
    Sorry for not posting but i have been under the weather a bit here the last few days & still not feeling up to par .
    megan please as of now I think I better pull out of this swap .
    when i get to feeling better i will try to catch up.
    have a great time
    susie

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

is anyone aware if marea is travelling?
    my box was delivered, according to the post office two days ago and still no word. i'm not looking for anything other than the simple courtesy of "it's been received".

maryanne/earthly

• mareas
    18 years ago

Maryanne's January Swap box arrived and she is my new best friend!! Here is a list of the heavy, stuffed box she sent:
    ~A box of chocolates! A big ol box of creams & caramels tied with a red ribbon. *grin*
    ~a WELCOME path stone you can hang on the wall with exquisite carved bunnies and flowers
    ~Gardening supplies: plant markers, manilla seed envelopes, bubble envelopes, a green sharpie - all of which i NEEDED.
    ~Seeds to grow hummingbird plants (cosmos, nasturtiums & 'Bouquet Mix' sunflowers) a pkt of Burpee's Big Boy tomatoes for me
    ~A pkg of 3 colorful felt Catnip mice - Persian Chuck claimed one already.
    ~Homemade Jalapeno Pepper Jelly - eye & mouth watering delicious!
    ~Mint chocolate chip meringue cookies (Maryanne is Herb's best friend now as well)
    ~A very cool clay cat figurine - a smiley face stripey with bells on with the most interesting crackled glaze.
    ~A quart size bag of cat treats (Blue loves these & ate like 6 of these little man-shaped cookies on the spot) with a note:
    "I have to apologize - My son opened the original package and snacked on these. I didn't have the heart to tell him they are CAT treats. lol"
    ~Big pkg of Wild Bird Seed
    ~Pkg of nummy Apple Spice tea
    ~a glow in the dark BUG OFF biting insect repelling wrist band - what a concept! Very cool. If summer ever comes back I will wear it.
    ~ a BEAUTIFUL card with a watercolour of thistle in bloom with a butterfly & a finch with a - on the back of which is Maryanne's hand drawn cat icon. It has the same mysterious smile as the cat sculpture she sent..
    ~Last, but not least, an amazing find: CATNIP BUBBLES! Comes in a plastic jar with a blowing wand just like regular Bubbles - but was made with catnip oil. Maryanne is Bowie's best friend now, too. M - thank you VERY much!!!

I am sorry to say I have to sit out the February swap too, but will get my ducks in a row to be ready to swap in March. Off to eat jalapeno jelly & cream cheese on crackers for breakfast, marea

• mareas
    18 years ago

Maryanne, your box arrived yesterday while I was at work - didn't have the energy to post last night - sorry! ~m'

• nyvoices99
    18 years ago

Good Day All:0)
    Started out this morning with 205 E-mails to read & over 200 post to read.>>>WOW is my head really overwhelmed at this point. I am very sorry I missed Dianne & Gloria's Birthday's. I hope you both had a wonderful one.

Betty,
    Welcome to our wonderful group, We love Deni so I know we will love you:)

Last week was a very nice week, thanks to YOU GUY'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Deni & Meghan started off with a nice Thinking of you card (I believe I posted & thanked them?)
    Tuesday I was going to have lunch with Jo, Had to see they lawyer instead, Got home to a box from JO!!!! She sent me cookies & a beautiful Daylily fleece blanket & a hand made ornament she said, but that baby went right in my curio cabinet for year round display. Cleopatra one of the Daylilies I want for my garden I now have in my home.
    ((((Jo))))Thank you so much for your wonderful gifts, I pray that Mom will be OK for a lot longer, I am sorry I missed your call, I am going nut's here, will try & catch up with you.

Then Wednesday the mail lady was getting out & I thought OH NO!!! Here comes trouble from court, Nope not at all, She brought me a box FULL I MEAN FULL of goodies from Carol, From seed's to candles to a beautiful stuffed piggy that baby David loved, as I had him the day it came.Hony & Tea, oh and a cool radio, I have not had time to play with it yet but I will.
    ((((Carol))))Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Next I received a message on my cell phone from a local florist, I was on my way to pick up the baby again (Friday) Got home & called them, told them I thought they had the wrong person, as I NEVER GET ANYTHING FROM A FLORIST, She confirmed I was the person they were looking for, I thought, Must be Brandon's parents wanted to thank me for all that I had done for them during Brandon's passing, I asked her if it was from the Bohart's she replied NO!! Now I am confused, she asked if I would like her to read the card, I said YES!!, She reads: Something To Brighten Your Day! Your Gardening Friend BUDSNBLOOMS!!!!!!!
    ((((Debbie)))) You will never now how special your plant will always be with me. You really touched my heart & let me tell you I am not sure what type of palm it is but it is the most beautiful healthy plant in my home now. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

Monday comes, I had to return to the Lawyers office with pictures & things he wanted, got home & Again another OH NO THOUGHT comes to my head, here comes the mail lady again, Today she is bringing me a tall box FILLED with garden goodies from...YEP DAWN.
    Now I pull out this drop dead beautiful glass flower with a humming bird on it, Thinking NOW NO WAY IS THIS GOING OUT IN THE WEATHER TO BE BROKE, now I just have to find the right place for it to keep it safe forever:) I truly needed the LAUGH garden sign & I love the Glass Heart.
    ((((Dawn)))I am so glad you are my friend:) Thank you so very much, Now help me find a safe place for my new flower stick:)

For anyone not sure about BABY DAVID, He is my Grandson, My only child fathered him, My son Joey is mentally handicapped, therefore no court will ever give him custody, Now we are fighting just for Joey to see him, Court order I supervise visitation in my home, With all that has happened we MAY & I say a big MAY be going for custody of David, Jo & I have talked about this many time's, she knows what I am going through & how hard it is. I will keep you all posted as to the out come, We start the trial Feb 3rd.....The BIG TROUBLE from court would be: Susan believes I am unfit to supervise visitation, she lied to the court & told them I have never had the baby without her here, How sad that made me feel. Her & her lawyer want a MENTAL evaluation done on me, It just never end's, anyway, they should have gone trough court to ask for this, they did not, they just sent a letter in the mail asking for it. So now I am waiting for the real one to come, that I would have to sign for.

I know I still have a ton of catching up to do, Finding the time I hope will come soon.

Deni,
    I hope you got my E-mail, I would like to know the rules of the Feb swap before I commit, I would also like if from now on the rules are given before we are asked if we want to participate.

Anita, off to do laundry, Have a great day all!!!!

• meghan_in_ms
    18 years ago

Hi all,

Here is what has to be in your box.
    1. 1 heart shaped box of chocolate.
    2. A card that will make your secret pal feel very special.
    3. Some typ of keepsake.
    4. 3 diffrent bulbs to make your secret pals garden pritty.
    5. Any thing elts that you might want to seend.
    You will have two weeks. The box will have to be mailed no later than Feb. the 8th.

any one elts who would like to join you have till thur. affternoon. Just let me know.

Thanks,
    Meghan

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Wow we got a stuffed box from Cindy, harness for tiyi, 2 bags of treats, a pigs ear for each of the three dogs. and toys for them, birds got treats and a toy, fish got a cool rock tunnel. I just asked dh to get me suet cakes and he forgot, Cindy sent me three plus a new feeder with one more. face lotion for me and food for my imaginary hamster that Cindy thinks I have but don't it will be a nice bird treat tho. wonderful stuffed box, sure I missed something, We loved it all. Thankyou Cindy we love you hugs carol

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

Meghan, I'm just a little concerned about finding bulbs to send this time of year. January and Feb are our coldest months. We won't begin to see bulbs for sale till March. And the ground will be frozen here for quite a while, so digging up my own isn't possible.
    I see it has been close to 60 degrees in Flora, yikes, we will be lucky to see that in April. Have had it snow in April before.
    Maybe we can come up with something other than bulbs. If not, then I respectfully bow out of this trade.
    Sharon/tma

• veeja11
    18 years ago

missed wonderful Jack Russel calendar in my box from Cindy. loved it thankyou Cindy

• luvmybulbs
    18 years ago

Meghan, I am concerned about bulbs too, there are not any out in the stores around her yet!

Angie

• barbamaman
    18 years ago

Hello!

We sure have had funny weather! All my mulched plants (your little daylilies, too, Deni) have now spent weeks in spring warm weather sweating under their covers...will they rot or sprout too soon? I did bite on a nice offer of a GW-er for iris - all her extras from an old iris bed - and turns out she not only grew up near here, she used to live on an old family property just a few miles from here. And the house was rented to her by my great uncle Joe! Great memories exchanged about grand people from years ago. I'm looking forward to the surprise flowers - could be anything!

Tomorrow my Jan box goes out - my first TD swap! If I can, I'll try to join in on Mar., too, whatever the drs. decide. This is a great diversion from worrying. And then of course there is a surprise on the way for my fuzzies, too...

Anita - Good for you for fighting for your son and grandson. It sounds like such an angry tangle! Keep it up; I'm pulling for you too.

My DH usually does supper as I need to lie down much of the day. He is a really good cook now! Last evening he made a Pad Thai. Yummy! DD Jess gave us ingredients from some of the Minneapolis specialty stores - stuff I sure don't find around here - so our eating is suddenly more exotic.

About fungus gnats - they eat the fungus that lives on decaying material, like potting soils with partly composted material. They'll come in from outside in the warm months, so it's hard to really get rid of them. They won't multiply if you can let the surface of your pots dry out between watering - it's the constant moisture that makes them love seedling pots. They don't harm the live parts of plants, so if a plant is healthy, and the FG's are in the soil, it's only a nuisance to you.

I use diatomaceous earth, soilless starting mediums, yellow sticky traps, grit or sand on the soil surfaces, and/or the occasional knock down with pyrethrum.

Anybody have a blue daylily they'd trade me something for? That's all I want to add this year, that and that wonderful blue/violet dark iris someone posted....

I WILL take notes...I will...I wil...

Very nice to meet you, Betty! Welcome.

Susie, I hope you feel better soon.

I really enjoy reading all your adventures, sad and glad times, and information. Love you

Barb

• barbamaman
    18 years ago

Jean's box went out today Priority mail so she may have it by Sat or Mon or later if the USPS so desires!

We hope she enjoys it.

Barb

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Cindy, I gotta know where you got the dog harness, I love it and want to get them for my other 2 plmk thankyou carol. Deni all the daylilies I got from you are peeking their heads up, can't wait till spring. looks like all my dahlia tubers made it but they are small. here we go, here we go.
    hugs carol

• budsnblooms
    18 years ago

Here we go Steelers....Here we go....Pittsburgs going to the Super Bowl.

Way to Go Dawn. I hope your Steelers do great.

Welcome Betty Boops we are all happy to have you.

Anita...I hope everything works out for the best and I'm glad you liked the palm.

Marea...You're a goodhearted sweetie...did you get that on any level(too funny).

Meghan...You do your Mama proud.

Debbie/budsnblooms

• mamabirrd
    18 years ago

Hi everyone!

Wanted to post that I received my Jan. swap box from Jean yesterday. WOW! I've got some happy birdies!
    Jean, I loved every single thing! It was so perfect. Thank you so much!!! I will post all the goodies when I get home.....I have to go to the bank first thing this morning.

REMINDER: The Jan. swap boxes need to mailed out to those lucky critters by tomorrow (Jan. 28). And don't forget to post when you receive your box.

Some really happy animals so far. You all are so wonderful!

Carmen, my swap box to you went out in yesterday's mail. Del. Conf. #0304 3490 0000 2920 0507
    Hope you & Roxy enjoy it.

WELCOME to Betty Boops! Glad to have another member of Deni's family join our family.

I've got so much catching up to do.....and so much to say, but I have to get to the bank. Back in a bit......

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• TakingRoot
    18 years ago

Good Morning All,

Just a quick note to let you all know that I returned home safely and tired....now I need a vacation from my vacation...lol Had a GREAT time!! It's good to be home.
    I have such a wonderfully loving family.

Started the new job and school....and so far so good.

Gotta' lot of catching up to do. Everyone take care!
    Oh, I am going to have to pass on this month's swap....way too much going on.

Jaye

• TakingRoot
    18 years ago

I meant the Feb. swap.

• dirtpig
    18 years ago

Group HUG

Morning :-)..it's 9:15 in the morning and it's 45 out!!Ya hearing me...LOL...zone 4 and 45..WOW...liking it..but not cause I want to play in the dirt so BAD..is winter over YET

WOW Dawn..that was fast..I didn't mail till late Tue afternoon..So that was fast...I didn't get any pet infor on your house hold ...so I went with what I knew...Sorry I didn't draw a picture..but it would have been a REALLY BAD stick bird..LOL

I have to pass on the Val time swap to ...just to close at hand for me..and alot of short on the spending money..=(..Jan is a really bad month for resturants..here anyways.

Big Hug Mamabear

WELCOME Betty Boops

Jean/Dirtpig

• namso
    18 years ago

Carol, glad you liked the box. harness was from Petsmart....email me if you can't find and i will pick up for you.

Passing on feb, need to catch up on some things.

Cindy O/namso

• mareas
    18 years ago

Well, I had the sound turned on my 'puter for the first time in months and got scared by the Steelers song at first too! lol But i like it, dawnie! and thanks, by the way, for the steelers logo history - "ain't that America?" as that great old song goes...

oh ((JEAN))!! I LOVED seeing your amaryllis and your interesting houseplants!

Spring is gonna come! My '06 chives & my larkspur are all a couple inches tall already and they are always the true harbingers that we lived thru the Winter, next will come the crocus & snows drops & then the first of the iris...
    I found a book on eBay - "THE IRIS BOOK" by Price - that I can't wait to read! Anybody read it?
    Also bought "HOW TO GROW ORCHIDS" by the Rittenshausen's that has mouthwatering photos & what looks like Orchids 101 for idiots - yeah!...

Jaye, what are you majoring in in school??

Debbie - wasn't that guy a hoot? Levels. *giggle*

{{gwi:1234144}}
    Here is Strawberry Rose, which GayGay sent me last Spring, featuring what I think it the same big black bee I watched all Summer (a big, clumsy, pollen-shaking sort of worker) but she did manage to get me a few seeds. Honeybees are very scarce here now, which is why I've become so interested in the hybridizing - it might become a survival skill...~m'

• cannahavana
    18 years ago

Mornin' all!

Maryanne, your box will be on it's way today! I hope you like it!

Welcome, Betty, love your user name.

Later,
    Canna

• mamabirrd
    18 years ago

Hello Traveling Daylilies!

A REMINDER that today is the last day to get your Jan. swap boxes out.
    If you are late, please email me.

Hope you had fun with this one!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• mamabirrd
    18 years ago

I've got tons of catching up to do, but i'll start with my fabulous Jan. box from Jean (Dirtpig).

My birds, inside and out, are so happy!

Lucky links "shamrock shape".....my Greenwing Macaw LOVES these!

Parrot toy, beak and nail conditioner with rawhide & rope....this is my African Grey's favorite thing ever! And he usually hates toys. He's been ringing the bell on it non-stop. : )

A huge bag of birdseed from my favorite place "Wild Bird Marketplace". Jean, I didn't know you had those up there. They have wonderful seed mixes.

"Starling stumper".....I've never seen one of these before! It's a chain that goes on your suet cage.

A professional bird bath brush. I LOVE it! Will get lots of use out of this. Now I can throw away my old, dollar store brush.

A new suet cage w/ berry suet. Perfect! Can never have enough suet.

Parrot toy "Activitoy foot toy *large star*". Jean, I love the Activitoy's and have never seen that one! DH has been using it to play "fetch" with our Grey.

A Peanut butter bird feeder. WOO-HOO! How did you know I didn't have one of those? I made a homemade one a few years back, and it finally broke. I'm so thrilled to have a new one.

Jean's bird "BirdBird" shared some of his favorite toys...a paper cup holder and egg carton. My Macaw loves them and is happily shredding.

A Tea ball........perfect! We drink tea almost every morning.

Audubon birds "Northern Cardinal". I was so excited when I saw him. When I mentioned all the things I collect in our questionnaire, I think I forgot to list that I collect these. I didn't have that one yet! They are stuffed, and sing like the actual bird when you squeeze them.

The cutest magnet....a small, stuffed bumble bee. I call him my "Steeler bee", and have him on the fridge next to my "Cowher Power" and "Big Ben" magnets.

The most beautiful card that I will be framing. Even the envelope was pretty.

Jean, I hope I didn't forget anything. This was such a great gift, and me and my birds thank you. My Macaw is swinging on his new Lucky Links right now! THANK YOU!!!

MamaG, I know you are still waiting on my birdfeeder pics. I had a little accident, and never got to take any pics yet.
    I have a very nice feeder station (purchased at WildBird Marketplace : ) that holds many feeders. It's very sturdy and actually screws into the ground, and has extra supports for stability. I think I had about 6 large feeders on it, along with other misc. stuff. Two weeks ago we had a very bad wind storm. The ground was so soft, the whole thing fell over. I was amazed, as I thought it would outlast a hurricane. Guess I was wrong. My favorite (and one of the most expensive) glass feeders shattered. Waaaaaaa!
    The weather is nice today, and I finally got everything back together. I'll get some pics soon (before it falls over again, LOL).

Debbie, thanks for rooting for my team! You are sweet as pie!

I hope yinz aren't annoyed by my "Here We Go" song. I can't help it....i'm just so excited.

We went dahntahn (downtown) last night....there was a HUGE pep rally at Heinz field, but we didn't attend. We went to Station Square and had dinner, and just took in the "Steeler Fever". Since we were going to a semi-fancy restaurant, I didn't want to wear my "Big Ben" Jersey or paint my face Black & Gold.....so I decided to just wear black, and I put on my Rhinestone pin....

Barb, hope you enjoy your first swap with us! Looking forward to many more.

Marea, everytime I read one of your posts I just wanna' give you a big ol' hug!
    That's a lovely pic. I sure miss GayGay.
    What a great box from Maryanne!

Jean, I love that pic! I need shevles like that on MY windows! I would fill them up in no time.

Jaye, so glad you had a nice vacation. Looking forward to hearing more details on your new job. Hope it is going well for you.

Carol, glad you find my tune catchy. : )
    I got an even better one if you are interested. I'll put a link at the end of this post.
    Do the Seahawk's have any fight songs? I'd love to hear them.
    You got a great box from Cindy!

Anita, I hope I made you smile. : ) We are all lucky to have you as our friend. I say a prayer for you every day. I know this will all work out. Someone, eventually, will see through her. HUGS!

Did I tell yinz the exciting news? I'm getting old and I can't remember, lol.
    I am going to be an aunt! Yep, my youngest sis is 10wks. pregnant. We only found out about 3 weeks ago. It will be the first grandchild for my parents.
    Poor sis, she has been VERY sick. Bad morning sickness 24 hrs. a day. I had to take her to the E.R. a few days ago. Please keep her in your prayers........I'd love for her to feel better and be able to enjoy this special time.

Jo, you're gonna' have to teach me how to knit. Or was it crochet? Either one will do, lol.
    How's that greenhouse coming?

Well, i'm not done catching up yet, but I want to get back outside before the sun goes down. I got a new wheelbarrow and want to play with it. It's got two wheels! I really love it. You can fit so much in it. Great for cleaning out the gardens.

I'll be back for more catching up later.

HUGS TO ALL!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

PS: Carol, I will try putting the link for my new song in the next post. For some reason it's not working. ??

• mamabirrd
    18 years ago

To those of you that would like to see and hear the new Steelers/Troy Polamalu song/video that has taken over our city and is sweeping the nation, please click the link.

It is hysterical!

Back in Week 14, when the Steelers took on the Chicago Bears, one of the Fox Sports announcers butchered the name of one of our players: Troy Polamalu (#43).

A local band called "Mr. Devious" modeled the catchy tune "Puhlahmahlu" after the old Muppet song, "Mahna Mahna".

I can't quit singing it!

• juspeachy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hello All,

Finally, I didn't have to log in when I got here.

Marea,
    I got my box of goodies yesterday. THANK YOU.
    Here is what she sent;

Package of special doggie treats, all cut out in different shapes, from "Blind dog bakery", they smell really good, dogs love 'em.

Pkg liver treats, they love these too.

Little brown jug(hehe) used to hold sorghum syrup from Raccoon Mt. DH likes this, he collects old bottles, so this is right up his alley.

Pkg amaretto biscotti

Ankle socks with bracelet, for Breast cancer awareness

Pkg. birdseed

Felix the cat DVD-too cute Marea

apple spice tea

Stoneware cookie mold, this is so pretty, I may use it to make some sculpture instead of cookies, but, who knows, I may make cookies too. Just have to make sure it is washed real well. (grin)

osmocote plant food

Montana sunflower soap(smells great), love the name of the company-"Bear Naked soap co." with a cute little bear on the lable.

Book-chicken soup for the soul

Book-what my cat taught me about life.

Thank you Marea, love everything!!!!!!!!

Barb,
    Your box of goodies went out yesterday morning. Hope you really like everything, I had a lot of fun making things and picking out others for your first TD swap.

Dawn
    Love the steelers song, but can't get the link to work, it loads, but then it just sits there, nothing i do gets it to play. Your pin is very pretty, glad you had a great time. I will root for your team to win.

C'mon gals and guys, I STILL NEED MORE RECIPES FOR CAKES, AND DESSERTS.

Well, I am off to get some things done for our sons boxes, sending them cookies, fudge and a few other items, I am so far behind on some things.

I have 3 things for my valentine, and some ideas for several more, gotta get moving on that too.

Busy day ahead,

Have a great day everyone,

Jo

• pins2006
    18 years ago

Mammabird, I got your box yesterday and we all love it! Roxy can't decide which of the many toys she likes the most, and she loves all the treats! The fish love the food, and the birds will adore the sunflowers. Plus, I love the treats you sent to me! I can't wait for my morning shower with the wonderful shower gel, plus the room freshner. I know that a new bird family will just love the snowflake bird house you sent. Thank you so very much! Everything is wonderful. Christmas in January!! (((((hugs)))))

Carmen

• dirtpig
    18 years ago

Manmail brought me a box..a Great big box..Full of all kinds of goodies...LOL...Thank you so much Barb...This is the biggest box I ever gotten :-)
    So I'm started here wiht this picture that was on the front of the box.
    {{gwi:1234146}}

Now in side the box was another one of the same picture.So I could keep it...isnt it cute?..and I cut this one off so carefully too....LOL..want to keep it.
    {{gwi:1234147}}

{{gwi:1234149}}

Kiki had to help..She loved the homemade pillow for her and the other cats..as you can see.
    {{gwi:1234152}}
    Then there is the knitted toy for the cats as well.Both Kiki and Char checked it out so far...LOL
    {{gwi:1234155}}
    {{gwi:1234159}}

{{gwi:1234163}}
    So much ..Let see

Weazel Ball for the Ferrets Kat and Kitt
    Big Tin of chocolate cookies...Good cookies too..lol
    2 balls for the dogs..one with a bell
    Bag of Oral Hygiene chews
    3 Pig ears
    Home made treats for the dogs ...ones Barb useing for training her dogs.
    Homemade Bird swing..big thing too...just got to figure out where I'm going to put it...but have no fear it will go up and soon too.
    Homemade outside bird feeder..made out of bread,peanut butter and seeds..and instruction on how to do it for myself.
    Bag of Millet spray
    A tropical seed treat for Trevlynn(tiel)
    and for me she sent
    Homemade potholders set of 3 so pretty
    Grapefruit lily bath salts...I think..lol
    HOSTA SEEDS...form HomeStead Division
    Seeds being Hearts Content,Niagira Falls,Noah's Ark,and and DOROTHY BENEDICT..happy,happy,joy,joy :-)
    OH oh and a IOU for one of her Dorothy Benedict seedlings.When it's big enough to send.Then something called Glorious Jova moss(did I spell that right?)and copper cryptocornes..for my fish tanks..have no idea what this is..but ok..
    Big big HUGS Barb..what a GREAT box of wonderfull FUN
    Hope I didn't miss anything ..there was turely so much in the box.Thank you again.
    {{gwi:1234167}}
    Hope I didn't jam up anyones computer with all the pictures.
    Big Hugs all and happy days

• gloriab3
    18 years ago

Dirtpig.... what a awesome box!!! and that paper is a blast.. I loved all the photos!!!!

Dawn is that you honey with the "steelers song?"

Listen a lady was tryng to find me and she tryped in ebayflowersforme123
    and guess what came up?????
    Our club here....
    she emailed me and said gloria is this you?????
    is this not fun!!!

these computers are way to smart!!! but have been from befor when BULBS were on sale and i told yah all.... and where did i read that someone couldnt find bulbs?????

24/7 BULBS Bulbs bulbs... and whay great sales that girl has.... flowersforme123.. and she is sooooooo nice too!

please take the time to read the below.....

Subject: Fw: Safety for Women

We can now add to the list of victims the retired 77 yr. old TCU professor from Ft Worth whose body was found last week in Oklahoma--and the 11 yr.old in Sarasota, FL. Because of these recent abductions in daylight hours, refresh yourself of these things to do in an emergency situation...This is for you, and for you to share with your wife, your children, everyone you know.

After reading these 9 crucial tips, forward them to someone you care about. It never hurts to be careful in this crazy world we live in.

1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!

2. Learned this from a tourist guide in New Orleans. If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you....chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!

3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back taillights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won't see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.

4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc. DON'T DO THIS!) The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.

a. If someone is in the car with a gun to your head DO NOT DRIVE OFF,repeat: DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your Air Bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it. As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.

5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:

A.) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger sidefloor, and in the back seat

B.) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into theirvans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.

C.) Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a
    guard/policeman to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)

6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. (Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. This is especially true at NIGHT!)

7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN, Preferably ! in a zig -zag pattern!

8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP. It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked "for help" into his
    vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.

************* Here it is *******************

9. Another Safety Point: Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird. The police told her "Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door." The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over. The
    policeman said, "We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door." He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby's cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby He said they have not verified it, but have
    had several calls by women saying that they hear baby's cries outside their doors when they're home alone at night.

Please pass this on and DO NOT open the door for a crying baby ----This e-mail should probably be taken seriously because the Crying Baby theory was mentioned on America's Most Wanted this past Saturday when they profiled the serial killer in Louisiana. I'd like you to forward this to all the women you know. It may save a life.

Send this to any woman you know that may need to be reminded that the world we live in has a lot of crazies in it and it's better to be safe than sorry.

Shannon LaForge
    Courtroom Deputy to Judge Robert Junell
    U.S. District Court for the Western District

• nyvoices99
    18 years ago

Good Morning Everyone,
    Quick check in to thank Shirley, I have no clue what I have done to keep getting these BRIGHTEN YOUR DAY box's, But again Shirley Brightened Monday, she sent an adorable bunny, that went in David's room, wind chimes, note pad, chocolate, calendar, I know I am missing something??????????

By now I am sure I have missed getting in on the Feb swap:( I wish I would have come back & read the post's, well maybe next month I can get in. Or maybe we have an uneven number & you might need me for Feb??????Please send me an E-mail if I can still get in?????

Snowing like crazy here, it was in the 50's yesterday. This weather is so crazy..
    Went to Wallyworld yesterday & got all of our seed's for our veggie garden.. Oh I cant wait for spring, I know it is still a long way, away.
    Have a great day all.....:)Anita

• TakingRoot
    18 years ago

Afternoon All,

Wow! Everyone is receiving such wonderful boxes, I'm enjoying all the posts on what everyone received!

Gloria, thanks for the tips on safety!

Marea, I'm studying Environmental Horticulture/Environmental Science.

Dawn, the job is going ok so far, off today so I get to catch up on a few things....seems like there is never enough time in the day to do all the things that need to be done let alone "some" of the things I would "like" to do.(smile)

Welcome Betty!

Pretty warm here today, expecting rain tomorrow so I better try to get a few things in the yard completed. I'm still planting bulbs I caught on sale at Lowe's awhile back for next to nothing, here's an example: I bought 10pks with 4 in each pack of different kinds of hardy native ferns for 50 cents each....Packs and packs of astilbe, anemones, 10pks of different iris's, 9pks of crocus that had 25 in each pk, clematis, scilla, 5pks of muscari that also had 25 in each pk, but all the tulips were gone... and A LOT of other stuff...gosh, they had a little bit of everything and I probably have planted over 700 bulbs so far and still have quite a bit to go....walked out of Lowe's spending $22.00 and that was with a HUGE bag of my favorite potting soil...they practically gave the stuff away! Don't you love a bargin like that?!
    I am so looking forward to spring!! I see stuff peaking through already.

Gotta' catch up on all these email's, and try to get a little studying in before dinner time.

Big ((HUGS)) to EVERYONE!!!

Everyone have a good day!

Jaye

• budsnblooms
    18 years ago

Carmen sent my critters the neatest box. First I'll tell you about the matching pink with black dots food and water bowls. But that wasn't all, she also sent a matching kitty blanket with the cutest appliqued kitty on it. Christmas has already slept on it. It won't be long before it is covered with white kitty hair. Which reminds me, she also sent a hair/lint roller to clean after my finicky cat. She also sent a card that her daughter Elena was so taken with Christmas's finickiness, that she wanted to get her "only the best" and she really did....Tell Elena I will take a picture and post it here.

For our dog Ali, she sent Pigs Ears. The top had been chewed on and Carmen had written a note on the package that Roxy had tried to get in the package. That she was a pigs ear thief. Very funny. It just made the box more fun. Ali also received 2 packages of TBonz....These two things are really her very favorite snacks that I have found so far. Thank you Carmen and Elena. Thank you too Dawn for sponsoring this fun exchange.

Good luck STEELERS

Debbie/budsnblooms

• pchanggeo
    18 years ago

Hi, Everybody.
    This is from the Superbowl prep article in the local newspaper... looks yummy:

CHOCOLATE FUDGE PIE

1 (9-inch) unbaked ready-made pie crust
    2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
    1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
    1/4 cup milk
    1 cup granulated sugar
    1 egg, beaten
    1 tablespoon flour
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1/4 teaspoon salt

Unroll and press pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate. Lightly prick pie crust. Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven 5 minutes. Let cool. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees.
    In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and butter. Remove from heat. Combine milk, granulated sugar, egg, flour, vanilla, and salt. Stir into chocolate mixture, mixing well.
    Pour filling into pie shell. Bake at 375 degrees about 30 minutes or until done. Cool. Sift powdered sugar over top. Serve slices with whipped cream if desired.
    TIP: To intensify the chocolate flavor, add 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules and/or 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon.

Go USA! I'm catching the Olympic Fever.

• skohler
    18 years ago

Mary B thank you for a very very nice box & most of all my critters thank you they all are munching down :)))
    my kitty's have new unbreakable bowls , deli slices /chicken flavor , a New mat to set the bowls on .
    3 new candy balls to play with :)) .
    but tag plays with the balls & tag also recieve beef,liver & cheese Flavored dogie treats .

I gave daddy the bird bell & suet cake for his out door birds :)) & shared the Belgian Truffle Cappuccino chocolate ball :)) very delicious :)))
    & a flag to hang this spring in my garden.
    snow santa

as for the babies birds they got a new toy for their new cage i put them into today & the other babies are enjoying the treat sticks & they all share the treat sticks
    the picture turned a little dark but i think you can see the great gifts we recieved :)) maryb thank you for a great box .
    {{gwi:1234176}}

susie

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

What a great box I received today from Rebecca. Inside were so many wonderful things. Lucky and I thank you so much for your kindness and generosity.
    {{gwi:1234179}}

there were 4 packages of different types of sunflower seeds. A cute mug with a sunflower on it and what appears to be a hmmm, hmmm, (clearing throat here LOL) a FROG! So soft, so sweet.

A bag of those new coated heresy kiss candiesmade a good pre-dinner snack. A great bird house and seed, something called a bird house thistle sock (which I have never seen before this is so excellent my backyard buddies are going to just love this feast.

Lucky got a brand new toy, which he is loving. He kept grabbing it while I was trying to take the group picture. Hes an impatient little bugger. Here he is guarding his new possession.
    {{gwi:1234181}}

Also included was this mini quilt hanger. This is fantastic. I have a bird/birdhouse room and this will be such a welcoming addition to my wall. Im rearranging now that the thorn in my side moved out, and I have the perfect spot for it once the computer armoire gets moved. Rebecca, did you make this yourself? Its fantastic. I just love it. Its so me, thank you so much.
    {{gwi:1234183}}

Last but not least was my favorite item in the box. I just adore this and believe me, I would have been content if this was the only thing that had come in the box. Dakota, thank you from the bottom, the top and the middle of my heart. You captured Lucky W O W! Such talent sweetheart. Thank you so much, this picture is wonderful!
    {{gwi:1234185}}

This is really nice package you sent me Rebecca - everything is so appreciated. You and Dakota put a great big smile on both our faces. Give her the biggest hug from me, please!

Be well,
    Maryanne/Earthly

• barbamaman
    18 years ago

Jo's Animal Swap box came yesterday!!! Lots of great stuff!!!

{{gwi:1234187}}

There's something for practically everybody outside - the birds, the horses and the donkey, too. And stuff for the dogs, cats and me.
    {{gwi:1234189}}

Isn't this tiny doggie with his holiday wreath adorable?

{{gwi:1234190}}

Handmade notecards - just lovely!- and a little butterfly windchime.

{{gwi:1234191}}

Luther lounges now on his favorite old swivel chair on one of the softest pet blankets. Jo made up 1 for everybody, with name on each! Luther looks good on koalas (isn't that fabric cute!)

{{gwi:1234192}}

Tiger knows what to do with a bunch of rawhide munchies. (He'd munch that tiny fuzzy doggie, too, given the chance.)

She sent for indoor pets:

-chewies and homemade blankies for dogs and cats AND
    -a pet fur picker-upper (at last!! : ) AND
    -some cute black and white pawprint fabric AND
    -a vast assortment of little spools of thread, all different colors, to sew doggie duds and etc with

And for outdoor pets:

-apples for the horses and donkey (much happy slobbering there!)

For wild things outside:

-2 big wild bird treatballs full of nifty ingredients and
    -a birch log suet feeder with homemade food for it - I can see the birds from my window when I'm down

And for me:

-a candle that smells MARVELOUS
    -lots of little craft kits I can do lying down:
    little animal jigsaw puzzles
    metalcraft animal pictures
    little animal themed paint by numbers (haven't done that in years. Great!)
    -an adorable little pinkypurple butterfly windchime (hung it over the bed I'm in during the day - tinkles very sweetly :)
    -2 refrigerator magnets - 1 cat lover theme, the other, dog
    -really beautiful notecards - I think you made these, right, Jo?
    -and that funny little border collie with his wreath!

And then she made and tucked into the box:

-a little white donkey sitting down - so cute! looks like Flapjack!
    -and a little southwestern style tiny cowskull that will sit on the sand with my cactus.

Jo, I know caring for and loving your Mom takes so much of your time - I cared for my mom when she was so limited by Parkinson's disease, so I know how it is - and I appreciate that much extra the care and imagination you gave to this box. Thanks so much.

Here's our grandbaby Marie at 6 mos. Cookies and footies! We just love her so.

{{gwi:1234193}}

Barb

• tanarae
    18 years ago

Just thought I would stop in to say hello to all of you and say thank you to Maryanne (earthlydelights) for the very nice gesture of sending me a card and some coupons for something I really like. Bad Habit though. She noticed a carton of ciggarettes in one of my photos and sent me some coupons for them that she had. How sweet to take the time and mail them too me. Just a great example of the thoughtful ladies and gents in this group. Thanks again Maryanne. Barb very cute babie there. Adorable picture.

Haven't been on much, the house has been keeping me busy and I am going in for my surgery next wed. so I have been trying to tie up some loose ends over there and getting my inventory in and potted up into gallon pots. Quite the task. I will have to learn not to order so much at one time. LOL Still lots to learn.

Jo, glad you got your seeds and will be able to get some plants started. They reseed readily here and I don't have to plant any ever! They come back every year, enjoy.

Everyone have a great nite, sounds like everyones friends are getting some fabulous boxes. They are all going to be spoiled rottener when this trade is over. Tanarae

• mamabirrd
    18 years ago

Friends.....you are bringing tears to my eyes! What wonderful, thoughtful Jan. swap packages! You have all done so well. Thank you for all caring for our critters so much.

All packages should now be mailed and hopefully received. Please email me if you haven't received your package. And please post if you did. We love to hear about all the goodies!

I've decided to change how we "vote" for the participant who gets a special treat from me. We are still going to have the members who did NOT play this time around do the voting. Here's how it will go:
    I am going to send a list of the Jan. swap players to Debbie. Each player will have an assigned number.

Between Mon. (6th) & Wed. (8th), those members that DIDN'T play this month will pick a number between 1 & 12. They will then email that number to Debbie (please put Jan. swap in subject line). Debbie is going to add up all the numbers received. You will win if the total is closest to your number, without going over.

Does everyone understand? Let me know if I confused anyone. I am just trying to be fair to everyone. I will mail the package out on Thursday.

Debbie, I hope you don't mind that I "volunteered" you, lol. If you are unable to receive the emails, plmk.

I had so much fun with this swap, and look forward to hosting another one. I've already got an idea for one, and would love to suggest it for May if y'all don't mind.

Carmen, i'm glad you liked your package from me. I hope Roxy is enjoying everything. I'm curious, did the picture look anything like her? I was guessing.

Well, thanks again everyone who participated in this swap. How fun for all our pets and critter friends!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

Wow, wonderful pet swap boxes! You all did great. Makes me wish I had been in on that one. But I'm happily filling the VD box. :o)

Anyone else going nuts with the 'musical' adversitements on GW (not your song Dawn).

Dawn, I have to tell you. I was doing the laundry, doing my standing 'butt crunches' when I realized I was singing the steelers song. LOL

I need to hear a seahawks song so I can sing when doing the dishes.

HAPPY GROUNDHOGS DAY!

I have all my DL seeds planted. Whew, a bigger joy than I thought.

Barb, lovely Grandbaby.

Sharon/tma

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

too funny sharon, i find myself singing that song all the time too. the dog almost knows all the words! last year it was FLY EAGLES FLY bla bla bla - they didn't, they crashed (boo hoo)

i too wouldn't mind hearing a seahawks song - just for comparison. come on carol, let's hear ya sing!

another beautiful day in the neighborhood. the weather is just so wonderful. i can't believe everything that is popping up. i'll be so content with this weather for the rest of the winter.

be well all,
    maryanne/earthly

• tanarae
    18 years ago

Hey all, just wanted to share a couple of photos of some new plants I got in. They are all tropical hibiscus and they are gorgeous. Makes me drool waiting on spring time!
    {{gwi:1234194}}
    {{gwi:1234195}}
    {{gwi:1234196}}
    {{gwi:1234197}}
    {{gwi:1234199}}
    {{gwi:1234201}}
    Well hope that worked!

• tanarae
    18 years ago

It didn't put the picture name??
    1. Tsunami
    2. Fireworks
    3. Evangeline
    4. Cajun Luvables C'est bon
    5. Curly Top
    6. Black Dragon

I think they are all beautiful. Don't know why the pics are so large??
    Tanarae

• cannahavana
    18 years ago

Tanarae, honey, we need to talk! LOL! WOW those are awesome! Where did you get them?

~Canna

• mareas
    18 years ago

Kids - rules number 3 is that when a thread gets to 100 posts - start the next one by copying and pasting the first post of the last thread + any pertinent updates. Any of the group are welcome to do this. I am gonna start a new thread now... ~m'

• veeja11
    18 years ago

gotta have that black dragon !!!Gloria your v day boxes are in the mail, bulbs will come seperate, as will a little seperate gift. here is a link to Seahawks songs, http://www.kube93.com/pages/Audio/WeCantStop.mp3
    enjoy, excuse the rap. hugs to all
    carol