Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Round Robin Seed Box

Posted by jshipway 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 3, 11 at 9:04

Hello,

Since I have enough interested in doing a Round Robin.

Guidelines
1. No more then 4 pks of one kind can be used.
2. No old seeds please
3. no seeds that are molding.
4. Make sure you replace seeds that you taking out of the Round Robin.
5. Label each seed pack
Plant name:
Sun/Shade:
Hardyness if you know it
Your GW username
With the seeds are from your garden/Commercial/trade

6. Please make sure that all seed packets are sealed good so that the seeds don't come out of the packets.

7. Make sure that each player gives me there mailing address, email address, and phone number.

8. Please make sure that you are watching for the Round Robin. When it is near your time to receive that Round Robin that you let the group know

9. Make sure that if you had received the round Robin that you tell the group.

10. There will be a tracking number on the Round Robin

11. Have fun!!!!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Round Robin Seed Box

This is open to 10 players.

Player so far
1. Dan
2. Deb
3. Patti
4. Melinda
5. Vina

For those that are on the list please send me an email with your Mailing Address, phone number.

Jennifer

o

Hi Jennifer!
Sent you an email through the GW. Let me know if you get it.
Thanks!
vina

o

Vina- I got your email thanks

Jennifer

o

These are the ones that are playing in this Time Round Robin
1. Dan danthemailman
2. Deb Debbya
3. patti patti1957
4. Melinda iloveforac
5. Vina flowergirl34- have address for
6. Jodie jodie74- have address for
7. Roper2008
8. Michelle micyrey

For those that have not emailed me there address please do so.

We have room for 2 more players then I will send the box out to the first player.

Jennifer.

o

Sending you an e-mail now... this is too cool! I've only been in a couple of true round robins like this since joining GW, and they're always fun!
-Dan

and, speaking of fun, here's one of the first signs of Spring in my area which I found on photobucket...
Robin in Snow Pictures, Images and Photos

o

I would like to do this.
Faye!

o

I would like to play,
Alana

o

I would like to play!

o

1. Dan dan_the_mailman-have address for
2. Deb Debbya
3. patti patti1957
4. Melinda iloveforac
7. Roper2008
8. Michelle micyrey
9. Faye Nottougly
10. Alana poisondartfrog- have address for
11. Hibiscusfan- have address for

I am closing this Round Robin. We have 11 players.
Once I get all players mailing address. I will get the box ready to mail off to the first one. I will let everyone know how the Round Robin is going to travel once i get all the address.

REMEMBER DON'T KEEP THE ROUND ROBIN MORE THEN THREE DAYS.
This is so that it will get to everyone faster.

Jennifer.

o

2. Deb Debbya
3. patti patti1957
4. Melinda iloveforac
7. Roper2008
8. Michelle micyrey
9. Faye Nottougly
12. Patty yorktownpatty

THIS ROUND ROBIN IS CLOSED We have 12 players.

Once I get all players mailing address. I will get the box ready to mail off to the first one. I will let everyone know how the Round Robin is going to travel once i get all the address.

Jennifer.

o

2. Deb Debbya-have address for
3. patti patti1957-have address for
4. Melinda iloveforac-have address for
7. Roper2008- Have address for
8. Michelle micyrey
9. Faye Nottougly
12. Patty yorktownpatty
Michelle micyrey and Faye Nottougly I need your mailing address.

Jennifer.

o

Jennifer, do we sent it around once or twice?

o

2. Deb Debbya-have address for
3. patti patti1957-have address for
4. Melinda iloveforac-have address for
7. Roper2008- Have address for
8. Michelle micyrey
9. Faye Nottougly
12. Patty yorktownpatty-have address for
Michelle micyrey and Faye Nottougly I need your mailing address.

Jennifer.

o

Will this Round Robin be for vegetables/edibles and flowers?

o

This Round Robin is for any seeds that you would like to put into the box. It could be vegetables/edibles and flowers. I am going to include lots of Vegetables/fruit seeds and also a lot of flower seeds to start it off

I am waiting on one more player address then I will be ready to put together a flight plan.

The Round Robin box will be regular mail and please make sure you put a tracking number onto the box so that way we know if it get lost that we have an idea of where it might be.

I am going to start out with a good sized box and then it might need a bigger box as the time goes on and if this does happen please let me know that the box has been change.

If anybody has any ?s let me know.

Jennifer

o
Large amount of seeds

If anybody would like to put a large amount of one seed all I ask is that you put it is a Ziplock bag and label it what the seed is and any info about the seed and your GW user name. Then others can take what they would like to have. Like some might want to take a few seeds. That is what I am going to do with some of my seeds that I have a large amount of so that will save me time on making up packets and it lets those player to take as much as they think they might need.

Jennifer

o
Flight Pattern

Hello,

I have now all the address of all the players.
FLIGHT PATTERN FOR THIS ROBIN IS
jodie74 (jodie) Mentor, OH
yorktownpatty (patty)- Yorktown, VA
roper2008 (Linda)- Virginia Beach, VA
Flowergirl34 (Vina)- Weedsport, NY
hibiscusfan ( Suzanne) Ft. Jennings, Ohio
poisondartfrog (Alana) Barbourville, KY
nottougly (Faye) Cleveland, TN
debbya (Deb) Bridgeview, IL
Dan the mailman (Dan) Traverse City, MI
micyrey ( Michelle) Taylor, MO
ilovefarac (Melinda) Green Forest, AR
patti 1957 (patti) Eagle point, OR
jshipway (Jennifer) Oakland, MD

I will updated the list once the box has landed at each player.
I will include an envelope with each players name on it and it will have the next person address in it along with a Delivery Confirmation Form for each player.

If you do print out your own label with a Confirmation number please let me know what it is.

Jennifer

o

Yeah, it is getting started! Will be abit but excited to see it starting! Melinda

o

Yes It is starting. I am mailing it out Tomorrow Morning it is headed to jodie74 (jodie) Mentor, OH. So Jodie74 (Jodie) I will let you know what the tracking number is tomorrow and along with everyone else. I have tracking numbers for all of you to put on the Round Robin box. I am printing out a label with a tracking number on. And for those that would like to do the same thing please let me know what the tracking number is. I will keep everyone up to date as to where the Robin is.

Jennifer

o

YIPPEE!!!!! I'll be ready & waiting! This is SOOOO COOL!!! I'll do a super speedy turn around, I promise!

Just thought I'd mention that I am gonna peek at the next person's "want" list & try to include a couple of their wanted seeds in the box! If I have them of course......

Jodie

o

dang, i can't believe i missed this. i have been waiting for one of these. this type of swap was prevalent when i first joined GW.

maybe next time.

maryanne

o

I was hoping one of these true round robins would show up one of these days. It did and I missed it!

Have fun!!

Annie

o

maryanne and Annie I am going to start up another one for those that are interested and did not get into this time around. I am going to post a new post for the 2nd Round Robin. Please come and join us and please email me your mailing address and phone number make sure you say it is for 2nd Round Robin so that I know what email it is.

Everyone on this time around Round Robin it is in flight. Jodie I am emailing you right now with the tracking number. Please let everyone know when the Robin gets to you. And make sure you let everyone know that the Robin is back in flight and please email Patty with the tracking number. If you use your own label with the tracking number please make sure you email me the tracking number.

Thanks,
Jennifer

o
Great idea

Jodie I want to say that is a great idea as to looking at the next person's Want list I never thought about that. That will give everyone an idea.

Jennifer

o

Jennifer,

I'll try to watch for it, but if you get a second one going, I'd definitely like to join since I missed this one.

Thanks!

Em

o

For those that are on this Round Robin would like to be on the 2nd Round Robin just sign up under the Round Robin 2.

Jennifer

o

THE BIRD HAS LANDED!!! Gonna go make myself a cup of tea & open the box! It feels like Christmas!!!! LOL

o

That is great. I hope you enjoy.

Jennifer

o

Jennifer- You have this so well organized! You did a NICE JOB having everything laid out in envies for each trader!! The organization is GREAT!!!!

But I have to be honest.... I'm not sure how you only paid around $5 to ship this box out!!!! (as per your statement on the Round Robin #2 forum) Because when I took it to the post office this morning it was $15 TO SHIP!!!!! It's an EXTRA LARGE PRIORITY box! The content of seeds could have EASILY fit into a small priority box & the shipping would be $4.95 + delivery confirmation ($1 or so)

IMHO, (in my humble opinion) Patty, who is next, needs to TAKE OUT all those HEAVY baggies & labels & REDUCE THE BOX DOWN SEVERAL SIZES!!! It doesn't need to be so big & we all end up paying more WAY more money to ship! I know when I emailed you about this you said someone asked if supplies could be included but I think it's unfair we ALL PAY so much in shipping! That person/persons need to hop in their car & drive to Walmart & spend the buck to buy their OWN BAGGIES! Or make their own & use paper for lables!

Maybe I am way off base here but it was not worth $15 to me for the 7 packets of seeds that I took out!! Now I did replace way more than I took but not that much more to raise the shipping that much!! In other swaps I can send in 150 packets of seeds for under $2.50! The box is WAY bigger than it needs to be & the extra added weight of baggies & labels really will cost all of the rest of the traders ALOT more money than it should!

If I had more time this morning I would have reduced the box down at the post office myself & removed the extra weight but I was in a hurry so I just paid the $15....

The rest of the traders will have to chime in on their opinions & you all can do what you'd like from here on out. Again, maybe I'm way off base as I've never done a trade like this but I was basing it on the $5 you said you paid to ship.

I did use the confirmation number you provided & it's on it's way to Patty.....

Jennifer-I have absolutely NO HARD FEELINGS! Just expressing my opinions!!! I have come so far ahead on SOOOO many trades that even though I might not have done so well on this one I am grateful to the MANY generous traders here on GW!! I am TRULY just looking out for other traders in this swap who maybe don't want to pay $15 when they DON'T HAVE TO if we modify it!!! Let them chime in & than you all can decide what to do from here forward......

o

Good catch jodie!
This was a problem in another RR swap on another site. Too much non-seed contents and large bags of uncleaned seeds added to the weight unnecessarily. It was a good swap but the rules kept morphing into something too complicated and unwieldly for efficiency.

Enthusiasm is a beautiful thing! I believe this is the first RR Jennifer has ever run and will be a learning experience for next time.

I would not be willing to pay that shipping and vote for amending the robin as suggested.

Alana

o

I agree wholeheartedly! I joined this swap to receive a box of seeds to peruse, choose from, and replace. Not save someone a trip to the local cupboard for baggies. I know it'll be awhile before the box reaches me, but when I send it on, I'll be doing my best to reduce the weight and cost for not only myself, but everyone after me. I'm with Jodie and Alana, let's just keep it simple and inexpensive!

o

It was in a PRIORITY box and the postage goes by weight. It was 2lbs so the postage was $5.00. You should not have paid more then that for it and no way $15.00. I am sorry about that.

I am going to keep it going and Patty the postage should not be that high I think the Post office made a mistake. You can go ahead and take out the label and keep the ziplock bags in the Robin since they don't weight anything much.

Jennifer

o

Now that I think about it more the problem is this... you had in a priority mail FLAT RATE LARGE box (the white box provided from the post office).... Which is $14.95 to ship! If they didn't charge you that, than you got lucky!!!
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but actually the weight on this box doesn't matter, it's the SIZE of the box! So if you want it to continue to go in a priority box than I would recommend Patty drop down to a smaller size box. A SMALL flat rate would work & be $4.95. The seeds would fit fine. Again, you'd have to maybe take out some bags & labels to make it ALL fit. Or a medium box is $10.95 but this is really too large & too much $$$ in my opinion. But again... let others express their opinions go with the majority.....

I've posted the link.....

Here is a link that might be useful: post office prices

o

I am so sorry I thought I used a priority box and not a Flat rate box. It was never post of been in a Flat rate box I guess I did not look I do a lot of shipping out each day.

I did not mean for this to be a big cost. So Patty when you get it take the labels out of it and leave the bags they do not weight nothing. And then everyone can use there own labels. Also if you have another box to put the seeds in that will be great also.

Jennifer

o

No worries, just a couple of modifications & this will be an AWESOME SWAP!! I too am learning the difference between flat rate vs. just regular box priority.

Live & learn, right?

Thanks Jennifer as I know you DID NOT intend for this to be costly! The small "flat rate" priority boxes are available at the post office if Patty needs one or just a regular box & it can ship priority mail based on weight, correct?

o

Yes she can use any box she would like that would be the cheapest to ship out. I want everyone to enjoy this Robin and not be a big cost to do it. Let just have fun with it and for the Next Round Robin 2 I will make sure that it does not cost a lot to do also. This is my first time doing a Round Robin and I am learning from it and hope that everyone adds there advice on how to make it better for the next round.

Jennifer

o

Jennifer,
Thanks for doing this for us! ;)
I know I'm soooo excited about this swap- and can't wait for the box!

Deb

o
Housplant/coleus/herb

I should of added this to my previous message ;)
6 more stops before the box arrives!

If anyone has any HOUSEPLANT/Coleus seeds, herb seeds- please add them in for me!

Thanks,
Deb

o

Hi all just checking in :)

Any box can be shipped priority. I use alot of shoe boxes and just stick a priority sticker on them. I have also even been known to break down and use cereal boxes if I can find nothing else. They all work very well.

I'm getting so excited I'm only 2 away from the eagle landing at my door. :)

Deb, what kind of herbs are you looking for. I'll see what I have and pop them in for you.

Have a great Thursday everybody. Old man winter dropped us another 6 inches last night. Blustery cold and snow...and the kids still have school! Sometimes I wonder if I should invest in a dog sled?

Stay warm and safe and
HAPPY WINTERSOWING!
vina

o

I am happy that you guys are excited.

We got about 32 inches of snow so far and kids are not in school again today. They are driving me a little crazy.

Jennifer

o

Vina,
I love to cook- herbs at the store cost $7 a package (for fresh) so I'm ready to plant a few of my favorites! I would love any herb seeds, especially basils, chives, sage, thyme- and catnip/catgrass if anyone has any extra to spare. My Spooky is 14 and loves catnip! I'm going to attempt to grow some for him. ;)

Deb

o

We all live and learn Jennifer, and the problems that've come up so far are very fixable.

Deb, have you tried the indoor catgrass for your Spooky? It's just oatgrass, but my Bump and Stella really do enjoy it, and it's so cheap at the feed store! You can buy a years-worth of grass for under two bucks, and just have to keep a fresh supply growing or risk getting "the look"...lol!

Any box or envelope can be shipped priority, that is true. The reason the post office offers up the flat-rate boxes is to provide a cost-efficient way for everyone to ship priority packages. As the commercial says, if it fits it ships. I'm currently hosting a fabric round robin, consisting of 10 fabric quarters in a small flat-rate box making the rounds. Using a flat-rate box lets everyone know how much money they'll be spending on postage ahead of time, and I've always liked knowing what I was getting into so I can make the correct plans.

Vina, you would have to mention wintersowing, wouldn't you??? My greenhouse, which is where all the pots, dirt, and seeds are, is covered by a foot of snow. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't so darn cold. I've been wanting to w/s my echinacea and helenium since christmas, but just haven't worked up the courage to brave the cold. I may live in northern Michigan, but that doesn't mean I like the snow. Nope, no way! BUT, I do enjoy the summers, so I guess I'll have to put up with the other 11 months and two weeks of winter, right?

Peace Everyone!
-Dan
(8 stops away and counting...)

o

Hi Dan,
Thanks for telling me about indoor catgrass, I go to the feedstore all the time for bird seed. I never thought of planting oatgrass! I've had Spooky most of my life, and now that he's getting older, I really appreciate him so much!

Thanks for the idea! I'll make sure I pick up a bag of cheap soil, one without any fertilizers in it, I'm sure he'll devour the grass!

Deb

o

I've got the grass growing in a couple of small containers so I could put it in different areas of the house, but I'm also thinking of growing some in a larger pot so Bump and Stella could actually lay on the grass. Yeah, they're spoiled! LOL! The oatgrass grows pretty quickly, so it sounds like Spooky will be enjoying some soon! Glad I could help!

o

Dan,
The dollar store has some neat square tubs that remind me of a catbox, but smaller. I use them for replanting violets (to hold the soil, keep the mess contained.) I'm sure they would be the perfect size for a patch of grass! If you need cheap containers- check out the dollar tree!

Deb

o

I just checked the tracking on the Robin and it has landed at Patty Ellison. Patty is away until the 17. Just letting you all know that it has landed and it will be back in flight soon.

Jennifer

o
UpDate on the Robin

Patty has put the Robin in Flight so it is headed to Linda next. So Linda be ready.

Jennifer

o

I forgot to say that Patty shipped the box out at $5.90. So this is cheap.

thanks,
Jennifer

o

I'm ready!!!!!!!!!!

o

That is great.

Jennifer

o

Oh Boy!!! I'm after LINDA :)...getting so excited!!

o

Just an update. Box is on it's way to flowergirl34

Linda

o

here's an updated list of where the box has been...

jodie74 (jodie) Mentor, OH ---been and gone
yorktownpatty (patty)- Yorktown, VA ---been and gone
roper2008 (Linda)- Virginia Beach, VA ---been and gone
Flowergirl34 (Vina)- Weedsport, NY ---on its way
hibiscusfan ( Suzanne) Ft. Jennings, Ohio

o

Dan- Thank you for updating the list for me it is a big help. It has been a little crazy at my house with 3 young kids and no school.

Jennifer

o

YES thanks from me too, only six to go
yayayayaya
michelle

o

Checking in to see where the box is..on the way to Vina! ;)

Deb

o

If she didn't get it today, she should tomorrow. The box
left the rochester, NY facility at 3:26 today and is in
transit to it's destination which is vina's house.

o

Hi all! :( Bad news...the box must still be in transit, because it was not in my box when I went out to get the mail. I was really excited too...and then HUGE let down.
OH! Well...gives me a reason to be excited about Monday :)

Have great weekend!
vina

o

I hope you get it Monday. I think I sent you the tracking
number already vina, but here it is again just in case.

0310 0480 0003 7104 8904

o

I want to say thank you for keeping track of the Robin. I have been very busy at cleaning house and working on getting my plant grow room ready so I can start plants soon.

Jennifer

o

Getting close to me, can't wait!!

o

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for the DC. I didn't have it, now I can go check and see where it is. :) **crossing my fingers I get it tomorrow**

I've already started setting things aside to put in it.

Talk to ya later,
vina

o

I am just checking in and Vina you will be getting it soon.

I know one thing I am tried of snow. Time for spring. I am trying my basement into my indoor greenhouse. This will be my first. I am excited about that.

So far the Robin has not got lost and that is great. Lets keep it going please.

Jennifer

o

hello
Jen a few years ago (at the old house) I started with 20 shop lights and a few shelfs. now I'm up to 12 shop lights(I dont have all of them on yet)
it is addicting
michelle

o

HEY Everyone!!
THE BOX IS HERE!!!! :)

Off to make a cup of tea and jump in...
vina

o

I am starting out small with the grow lights and tables. I will add more as time goes. I don't have a lot of money to spend on this project so I have to do everything as I go.
Just trying to come up with ways to be able to have more plants for the space that I have.

I hope you are enjoying Vina. Let me know what you think of the Robin. Send me an email.
Jennifer

o

Jennifer, I created this grow shelf last year & it gives me tons of space to grow under lights! I thought it might help you to see options for your basement. The shelves are 4' long & I remember I could fit 4 trays on each shelf. Not counting the top shelf there are 4 shelves for a total of 16 trays. Total spent was under $150... FYI the shelves are on sale this week at Target!

Hope it helps & Good Luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: my grow shelves

o

Jodie,
I have the same set-up for plants (same shelving unit/lights) and I love it! Plenty of room for plants, and looks nice too! ;)

Vina has the box! This is traveling quickly--can't wait for my turn!

If anyone before me has houseplant seeds, or herbs or coleus- put in a few seeds for me!

Thanks-

Deb

o

Deb, It does look nice when it's tidied up, which mine isn't right now! Through the fall stuff has kinda gathered there & I need to clean it off before I get my indoor stuff going! LOL My WS'ing supplies kinda took over the shelf! tehehehe

I do love it & my dining room is red & black so it fits in nicely.
Jodie

o

Those shelves look like mine. I bought mine at home depot.
It cost me $57.00, did not come with lights.

Linda

o

Thanks for the info I have a good setup now. I have 4 mini greenhouse that I am going to add grow lights to and I am going to get a 6 ft table to use as a work station.

Jennifer

o

Hi all! Sorry I've been MIA for a couple of days. Went through the box (such fun!) and then I went through my seed box.

I'm happy to say I've added over 100 packets of seeds (I actually feel a little lighter :0) )
But since I put in those seeds I had to take out that baggie with the cut up papers in them. It just wouldn't fit in there. I put the larger labels for everyone's bags all in one bag with the baggies to save room. Does that make sense to anyone besides me? :)

Deb, I put a baggie with your name on it in the box. There are some herbs in it I thought you might want to try.

The happy bundle will be on its way in the morning.

Suzanne your UP :)
Your DC# is 0310 0480 0003 7104 8911 Don't check it yet...the box is still here with me.

Talk to you later...
vina

o

I'm ready and waiting just like a kid the night before Christmas!

o

Ah. It won't be long before it heads south to me. This one has moved pretty quickly.
Alana

o

Just wanted to post that the box is in the mail. I mailed it yesterday morning. So the DC should be working now.
Happy Sorting! :)
vina

o

Hello,

Sorry I had not been able to get online we had a bad snow storm. So I was without internet. I am back on now.
Thanks Vina for letting us know.

Jennifer

o

update~

Flowergirl34 (Vina)- Weedsport, NY ---been and gone
hibiscusfan (Suzanne) Ft. Jennings, Ohio

o

Thank you for keeping updates on the list.

Jennifer

o

Yea!!! the Robin landed yesterday and it is really full already. Found about a dozen pks. that I've been wanting and replaced them and added a few more. Will put it back in flight Monday.

o

Alana the Robin is on its way. The conf.# is 03100480000371048928

o

I want to say thanks again for keeping the Robin going. To be honest I was afraid of the Robin getting lost.

update~

hibiscusfan (Suzanne) Ft. Jennings, Ohio---been and gone
poisondartfrog (Alana) Barbourville, KY---- on its way

Thanks again.
Jennifer

o

This needed a bump :)

o

According to the DC the package has arrived, but I have not. I am away working but plan on heading in later today.
Fortunately I have an alternate location the mailman leaves packages for me and I can retrieve it on my way home.
I will follow up when I send it on it's way.
Alana

o

update~

poisondartfrog (Alana) Barbourville, KY---- received

o
Now taking sign-ups for Fat Robin Round 3

Taking sign-ups for Round Robin 3
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/roundrobin/msg021454038216.html

Jennifer

o

I removed 6-7 packs, added 60-70 and sent the Robin on it's way. DC 03100480000371048935.

o

update~

poisondartfrog (Alana) Barbourville, KY----been and gone
nottougly (Faye) Cleveland, TN---on it way

o

This robin has moved along nicely! Can't hardly wait but I am sure it will be worth it!! Everyone is doing great keeping it going! Steadily coming my way! Melinda

o

Wow, this little round robin traveled really quickly!
I'm after Faye!

Deb

o

And I'm after you Deb! I'm beginning to feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas to get here, how about you? I received some seeds in the mail today from an online order, and didn't get anything done for the first hour I was home. I was too busy playing with the new seeds!

Happy Superbowl Weekend Everyone!!!
-Dan

o

Yes I want to say thank you all for keeping the Robin going.
Jennifer

o

I received the round robin box yesterday (Monday) and I will get it back into the mail on Wednesday to Deb.
This is alot of fun.
Thanks everyone.
Faye!

o

update~

nottougly (Faye) Cleveland, TN---been

o

update~

nottougly (Faye) Cleveland, TN---been and gone
debbya (Deb) Bridgeview, IL on its way

Get ready Deb you have both robins coming to you at the same time.

Jennifer

o

Hi,
So far the box didn't arrive (Friday) hopefully it does tomorrow. If it arrives, I'll have it back in the mail on Monday.

I'll post when the box is here. :)

Deb

o

update~

debbya (Deb) Bridgeview, IL--- been

Jennifer

o

Hi,
The box did arrive today, sorry for not posting sooner. I had a million things to do today and our mail comes later during the day. After supper I went through the box, picked out some seeds that I've wanted to try- and replaced what I took. :)
The box is packed up and ready to be shipped out to Dan Monday morning!

Thank you so much Jennifer for such a fun seed round robin! I really enjoyed both of them so much!

Dan,
Be prepared to receive a very fat round robin! Also, I have a feeling this is the last time the box can be used. It's a little bit worn out, but ok to use one more time. I taped it well! I'm sure your going to have a lot of fun Dan going through all the seeds, I know I did! ;)

I'm sooo tired, so will make this short. It's really late!

Deb

o

Deb, I'm ready! I've got some birdseed, water, and a cage all ready for the robin when it arrives...lol! It'll have to stay in the cage so Bump and Stella don't eat it...(chuckle). Thanks for the heads-up on the condition of the box. I've got some here at the house, and if it needs a different size than what I have, I'll be able to pick one up at the office. It's sooo convenient to work at the post office at times! The only bad thing about working there is that, when my mail carrier brings me my boxes (like she'll do with this one) all I want to do is stop and see what's inside the box! Lol, but, I'll behave myself and wait until I get home to peruse the contents. It'll be difficult, but I'll do it.

Really, I will.

-Dan

o

Thank you for the info Deb and you are very welcome. Dan you might need a big cage lol. You might need a lifesaver to save you from the Robin.

update~

debbya (Deb) Bridgeview, IL--- been and gone
Dan the mailman (Dan) Traverse City, MI--- on its way

Jennifer

o

Dan's delivery confirmation number- 0310 0480 0003 7104 8959. I'll be leaving in 45 minutes to an hour for the post office. I'm waiting for our post man to deliver a african violet package, and don't want the plants left sitting on the front step, it's too chilly today! My Daughter will be home with in a hour- so I'll have someone home to accept the package so I can finally go!

The dc should be able to be tracked in a few hours. :)
Dan's going to have A LOT of fun! Start getting excited Dan, LOL! ;)

Deb

o

My violets arrived, I made it to the post office!
Box on the way!

Deb

o

I just checked the usps.com site, and the box is heading North! YAYYYYY!!!
It's like waiting for Christmas morning to arrive, when will Santa get here? What will be underneath the tree with my name on it? What's he going to put in the stockings?
The funny thing is, my two cats have no idea this box is on its way, and when I'm going through it to look at all the seeds, they will be doing the same thing right beside me. They love to investigate boxes, help plan my gardens, and look over anything I bring into the house. I've got pictures of Stella eating celery, would you believe it? LOL! Gardening is really a family affair here, and I think it's just too cool! Lol, just wait until they see what's in this box!
Photobucket

o

The seed box is in grand rapids, heading my way! I may get it tomorrow, which would be extremely cool!

(Can you tell I'm excited???)

o

Just a quick note before heading back into the kitchen...
The box is here, safe and sound. The soonest I'll be able to go through it will be Friday night, birthday party tonight and then a good-bye party for a sister who's moving to Arizona tomorrow night. I did take a peek though while the cakes were baking, it looks like someone dumped the major part of a seed catalog in there! Gotta go decorate cakes, and then the house, but wanted to let you all know it's here. I'll post when I've got it in the mail!
-Dan

o

dan thanks for the update. just letting everyone know that i am having some family problems right now so i will try to be on as much as i can

patti if u can hold the robin and not send it i am hoping i will have to give u a different address then what u have i will let u know what the new address is

jennifer

thanks

o

No problem Jennifer, I will hold it until I hear from you.

Patti

o

Can I join this please

o

Good News! The b-day celebration went great last night, my sisters' send-off finished up early tonight so she can get an early start in the morning, and I've just gone through the box and made my selections! Now I just need to replace the seeds with ones from my stash, and I'll probably be sending out the box to Michelle tomorrow, Saturday at the latest.
Bump, Stella, and I all enjoyed going through the boxful of baggies filled with seeds! If anyone has any allergies to cats, be warned, there may be a stray cat hair or two in the box...lol! They picked out some seeds for themselves and have graciously informed me that they're going to "allow" me to grow flowers for them. Isn't that just so nice of them??? LOL!
Back to the seeds...

-Dan

o

There was so many seeds to go through, I ended up needing 2 asprins by the time I was done looking at all the tiny writing, LOL! I went to bed with a headache!

Cathair-- My Spooky was looking through the box too, Bump and Stella must of been able to tell Spooky was there first! He was checking it out to see if there was any catnip seeds in there! ;)

Deb

o

YAY I'm next
I can't wait
michelle

o

Michelle, you're up! The "robin" is flying as of this afternoon! You'll probably receive it Tuesday since there isn't any mail delivery on Monday. Enjoy!
-Dan

o
update

Hello,

Thank you so much Dan for keeping updates it has been so crazy.

I will give a little about what is going on so you all know. I had to live my home do to my ex-boyfriends drinking and hitting and I am in the middle of getting my own place. It is hard on my kids and I but the Good Lord is watching out for us. I will keep everyone up to date on what is going on.

Jennifer

o

Can I sign up????? Please??? I HOPE its not too late!!! I can have my package out tomorrow! oops..Teusday ( tomorrow is a holiday so I am not sure if the post office is closed or not)
Thanks!!!!

o

Tammie, this round robin is almost over, needing to only to make 3 more stops before heading home.
Stay tuned though, and keep checking this forum. There are new round robins beginning all the time, and you just need to sign-up before the swap boxes begin making their rounds.
-Dan

o

Just an update of what is going on. My kids and I have found a place to live and get to move into it tomorrow so I am excited for that.

Dan thank you for help keeping this going.

Jennifer

o

Jennifer, you are more than welcome. I know what it's like to host, and a bit of help from time to time has always been welcome. Good luck with the move and your new home!
-Dan

o

hello
it is here....
I will do my looking tonight and get it back flying ASAP
michelle

o

update~

Dan the mailman (Dan) Traverse City, MI---been and gone
micyrey ( Michelle) Taylor, MO--- Been

Jennifer

o

hello
I took out my goodies and put back in a few more than I took.
I will have the box back off on the way today.
I will post DC# later when I have it.
michelle

o

Wow! The robin sure has flown fast! I rec'd it today! Will be going through it more later and will be sure to have it back on it's way on Monday am! So Patti 1957 it is going to be there shortly!!
Melinda

o

I am ready!

o

hello melinda
if you havent closed the box yet could you see if there is an unmarked sandwich baggie with tom and pepper seeds in it, most comm packages. I have lost them and thought it might have gotten put in the box. I dont want you to send them back but if they are in there I can stop looking through the house and introgating the boys.
thanks
michelle

o

Well sorry Michelle, they aren't in the box! I even double checked and no unmarked packs in there. And I apologize for not sending box yesterday! I worked overtime and didn't get to po in time when got off! But it is going today for sure!
I took several and added several more than I took. Hope you enjoy the box Patti! Melinda

o

hello
thanks for checking melinda, they must be here somewhere then, I'll just keep looking.
I loose stuff alot. but it usualy turns up eventualy.
michelle

o

update~
micyrey ( Michelle) Taylor, MO--- Been sent
ilovefarac (Melinda) Green Forest, AR-- Been

Jennifer

o

The box is gone! I mailed it this am! Thanks, Melinda
I hope you find the seeds Michelle.

o

Michelle, if you're like me, you find seeds in the strangest places all year long...lol! Good luck on your treasure hunt!

-Dan

o

I received the box today and will get it in the mail to Jennifer on Monday. I will post the DC# when I get home Monday.

Patti

o

update~
micyrey ( Michelle) Taylor, MO--- Been sent
ilovefarac (Melinda) Green Forest, AR-- Been sent
patti 1957 (patti) Eagle point, OR Been
Jennifer

o

It is on the way! DC# 9405 5036 9930 0028 9133 36

o

It is on the way! DC# 9405 5036 9930 0028 9133 36

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here