Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
update: update: #4-4th annual whats left on my want list swap

Posted by pattygrow5 z6Pa (pattygrow5@yahoo.com) on
Sun, Jan 11, 09 at 9:05

We are getting close to the maxim posts again so here is a new thread next one should be the seeds flying thread my favorite one so I can see how you like your packages if you sent and I don't have that noted let me know I will be sending out reminder e-mails about send date tonight I don't want anyone to have to wait for their seeds

1-pattygrow5-they are here not all packed but here
2 lisam627_ohio_z6
3 rbrady
4 sguanzon-mailed
5 morguegirl
6 ilovefarac
7 ncgardengirl
8 poisondartfrog-received
9 austinnhanasmom -mailed
10 sybilkrizinski
11 micyrey-received
12 yotetrapper
13 agirlsgirl
14 roses_more_roses
15 jworth
16 duodecad-received
17 sissifriss
18 jaynine-received
19 julie_mn
20 sassybutterfly_2008
21 velsgarden
22 ptp813
23 dancinginthegarden-mailed
24 ollierose
25 patty_b-received
26 patrob
27 just1morehosta-received
28 threeshyacres
29 playintheyard-received
30 ggwrn
31 angelady
32 ishareflowers-received
33 patrushka
34 smokymist
35 sunset_in
36 dorisl-received
37 kamiljablo -OUT
38 maricybele-OUT
39 anadarko_rose-mailed
40 ourhappyhome
41 kalena67
42 dirtdiggin-received
43 riley17
44 chellflower-received
45 ibartoo-OUT
46 sandysgardens
47 vikingkirken
48 esiuol-received
49 stevenwayne
50 flwrs4ever
51 kilngod
52 pufftrinket-received
53 nikkineel-received
54 alwaysagarden-received
55 stage_rat
56 intelkid
57 markcase1964-received (sending a second)
58 cottageflowers
59 proudgm_03-received
60 gmom2-6boys
61 wishdesign
62 conniesc-received
63 luvgardening2-received
64 jaleeisa
65 hmacdona-received
66 grolikecrazy
Gotta get back to the seeds will post tonight.
Patty

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: update: update: #4-4th annual whats left on my want list swa

Yeah, thanks for the new update! Yes, I wanted to trade for the pieris a month or so ago! I hope I get it!! LOL!
Melinda

o

I am going to bump this up so you can all find it will post a new update tonight
Patty

o

How is everyone today? Fantastic I hope! :)

I packed up more seeds last night,I have got to the point where I am condensing the seed lists down. If I know for a fact someone that joined this swap has a particular seed and lots of it,I am not sending in that particular seed. I have also decided I will not be sending in from the general wants as much,like the ones listed as "blue flowers",for some of you I had too,I couldn't resist, because I had something good that fell into the category. But as for the rest, I have to widdle this down as much as possible,so I am eliminating certain categories of seeds. I do not expect to get back as many as I send in and doubles that are from my wants are fine with me also. I have decided not to post a list of seeds I have in excess,I have too many to pack up as it is,so sorry I mentioned it and am not following through,but I want to be sure I can mail these and not rent a Uhaul...lol...

Chris I read about you reading the wrong list on the other thread...lol...that is a good one! Don't blame yourself though,that swap is very similar to this one and it would be easy to make that mistake! ;) You have plenty of time to get your seeds out, don't worry! :)

Yesterday was a fun critter day for me. First I seen two types of birds I have never seen in my "yarden" before,than last night the cat was sitting at the kitchen window just watching ,tail swishing,so I took a peek and expected the bunny to be out there,much to my surprise there were 4 Doe passing through! The deer only pass through certain times of the year,thank goodness it is usually the winter and early spring, and most of the time I miss them. They had stopped to munch on some of the Broomcorn seeds that are left on the plants. They looked so pretty out there,the moon was bright and there is snow all over,so it was a real pretty scene. Too bad I couldn't get a good shot out the window...with my camera of course...lol...!

Well enough of my daily babble,I hope everyone is having a great day today! :D

o

Angie that would have been a good photo and I am sure we all knew you meant camera, most of us would think that way I am sure.
I always seem to miss the good ops for camera shots too.
The deer in the night with glistening snow would have been just gorgeous I am sure.

I hear yah about the seeds, I am sending in some common ones and now I am worried about others sending in those as well. I hope this ends up being an easy sorting process for Patty.

OK well, gotta get back to fixing up things to mail out.

:) Fran

o
Suggestion for Chris

Chris Hon, I just read the mistake you made. I am sure there are a few you have correctly packed up.
You could always list what you have and ask ppl to email you if they want what you have ready, that would be the easiest thing to do if Patty doesn't mind you doing that.

o

I would like to remind everyone that there has been updates made to the list of players on the other thread,one person mentioned she missed it,so I am sure there are others. The update is toward the middle of the thread,I am going to re-post it so it will be convenient for you guys! :)Oh Fran it was a beautiful site,and I seem to always miss the truly good photo ops too...lol...Like the day one of the squirrels decided he was going to climb the dead Mexican Zinnia...lol..oh if I could have only had a snap shot of his face as it slowly fell over with him attached,he was so confused on what was happening he just kind of went with it...lol...or my face the day apples were falling from my pine tree,I am sure it was quite perplexed,until I put two and two together on what was going on! The squirrels were taking apples from my neighbors apple tree and sitting in my pine to eat them,well they only seem to like certain spots of the apple,so when they were finished, the rest of it they just tossed!I am glad they didn't decide to toss them at me...lol.. Ok I better get over there and post the list and get some housework done so I can sit and pack seeds tonight with a clear conscience! ;)

o

Angie ~ the apples from the pinetree story is HILARIOUS!!

*still smilin'... :-)

o

Uggg... Patty, I've somehow misplaced my initial email from you giving me all the mailing info, etc. Could you, or anyone else, please email that to me again? I think I'm about finished and ready to seal up and mail out.

Thanks,
Kathy

o

• Posted by rbrady 5/Eastern Ia (My Page) on
    Mon, Jan 12, 09 at 18:38

I think I am about ready to send out. Before I do if anyone wants something on my haves list tell me and I will throw it in.

Rhonda

o

Hi rbrady,
You have several things i would like to have,but,i do not want to appear gready,so, if my wish is to much,i understand. :0)
If you have any of these left,i would love to have them.
Solidago "Golden Baby"
Blackberry lily
Agastache nepetoides & cana
Gaillardia
Rudbeckia triloba & hirta
Penstemon hirsutus
Talictrum dioicum
Thank you for making the offer,if you do not want to add any more work for Patty,i would be more than happy to send you a envie.
Carol

o
RE: update: update: #4-4th annual want list swap

oh ya, and postage. :0)

o

Thanks for the updated list of players. I don't want to send seeds to someone who already opted out.

Patty...do you have your address handy? I'm not sure where to look for it on all of these posts.

Jodi B.

: )

o

I mailed today... I REALLY had mine in a box, it would have been a little cheaper to mail in the box BUT the clerk said what do you have that you need it in this box? I said seeds, she said well I am sure if you try you can put it in an envy. So I said ok, I will try, well the envy ended up being OVERSTUFFED and some of the seeds started coming off the cards I had them taped to and was having to try to put them BACK on the cards and continue to stuffing them in!
SHE says it's ok puts the postage on it and then tells me what it would be, and sticks the other postage inside. I think my box would have been better, the seeds would have stayed on my cards and wouldn't have been overstuffed AND now I am worried the envy will fail! ERRR!!! I shouldn't have listened the clerk!!!
It was so overstuffed she had to add more tape to the outside of the envy to keep it from coming open and there was a kink in it the tape wasn't sticking correctly, DON'T SHE KNOW THESE ARE MY BABIES???? OH THE HORROR!!!

PATTY, PLEASE let me know when they get there, IF they get there....the box was packed so nicely!!! I was so upset to see my poor little babies overstuffed like that.

o

hello Rhonda
I would love any of the asclepias I'll let you pick they are all great I'm sure, and little blue stem

thanks and HUGS
michelle

o

Mon, Jan 12, 09 at 20:32

Hi Carol and Michelle! I will throw them in your baggies for you! Anyone else? I am going to try and mail out tomorrow if the weather isn't bad.

Rhonda

o

Rhonda ~ I would love any of the following if you still have to share:
Gentiana Andrewsii
Aquilegia Chrysantha
Polemonium Reptans

Thanks so much for the offer! :)

Fran ~ Whatta mess at the post office.. I have a feeling I'll be dealing w/ the same! lol

~Wendy

o

Hi Rhonda,

I sent you an email about the seeds you were offering. Thanks!

Dancing in the Garden

o

Mon, Jan 12, 09 at 22:09

Hi Wendy! and Dancing! I added them to your baggies. I am sending you an email Dancing.

Rhonda

o

Rhonda, if you still have some, I'd enjoy the Heuchera Palace Purple, please :)

Kathy

o

Ok, mine are almost ready to go, well at least I thought so...are we supposed to put a 3x5 card or something with each persons seeds? I have each person separated with a piece of paper listing thier number and gw name. They are either bagged or taped if it is just a small amount. Was I supposed to use a card to list the person and # along with the names of the seeds I'm sending for that person?

Angie... your garden sights sound just beautiful and funny. Those squirrels can be so amusing. Nature is so wonderful. Thanks for sharing those experiences.

:-) Pam

o

Hi all I am knee deep in seeds trying to get them in the right envies I got 6 packs today
juliemn-sguanzon-anadarkrose
sissifriss-wishdesign-dancing in the garden

Rhonda if you have any of these left I would love some
Aquilegia Chrysantha
Polemonium Reptans
Agastache nepetoides & cana
Talictrum dioicum

I will send addresses to those who have asked.

Here is an updated list
1-pattygrow5-I got them packed and in everyones envies
2 lisam627_ohio_z6
3 rbrady
4 sguanzon-received
5 morguegirl
6 ilovefarac
7 ncgardengirl-mailed
10 sybilkrizinski
11 micyrey-received
12 yotetrapper
13 agirlsgirl
14 roses_more_roses
15 jworth
16 duodecad-received
17 sissifriss-received
18 jaynine-received
19 julie_mn-received
20 sassybutterfly_2008
21 velsgarden
22 ptp813
23 dancinginthegarden-received
24 ollierose
25 patty_b-received
26 patrob
28 threeshyacres
30 ggwrn
31 angelady
33 patrushka
34 smokymist
35 sunset_in
36 dorisl-received
37 kamiljablo -OUT
38 maricybele-OUT
39 anadarko_rose-received
40 ourhappyhome
41 kalena67
42 dirtdiggin-received
43 riley17
44 chellflower-received
45 ibartoo-OUT
46 sandysgardens
47 vikingkirken
48 esiuol-received
49 stevenwayne
50 flwrs4ever
51 kilngod
52 pufftrinket-received
53 nikkineel-received
55 stage_rat
56 intelkid
57 markcase1964-received (sending a second)
58 cottageflowers
59 proudgm_03-received
60 gmom2-6boys
61 wishdesign-received
62 conniesc-received
64 jaleeisa
65 hmacdona-received
66 grolikecrazy

I have to get back to the seeds
Patty

o

Rbrady,
Thank you so much for the seeds.
Carol

o

Okay, there's officially 7 seed-packing days left before you have to mail. You could pack 15-25 seeds per day and still send in anywhere from 105 to 175 seed packs in!

In a pinch, use the list I originally created (link below) and use CONTROL-F to pop up the search/find box and search for who wanted the kind of seeds you have to offer.

It's not too late for us stragglers!

Blessings,
Angela

P.S. The list I created below was from December 21st when most people had tried to update, but no new updates will be in that file. I'm sorry that I don't have an updated one as I edited my file to reflect the seeds that I have to send.

Here is a link that might be useful: Notepad File of Player Wants

o

My package will be going out tomorrow! :)

Chris / grolikecrazy send me an email would ya? Gotta question for you..

Take care!
Wendy

o

My seeds should be on the big bird heading east to Patti's this morning, if not last night. My normal 5 minute ride to the PO took 15 minutes yesterday after work, but I didn't want to delay any longer the seeds going out. We had a winter snow advisory yesterday and was not good driving. My drive home from work is normally 25 minutes but was 1hr and 45 minutes then off to the PO I went. Whew, I think my time in the car yesterday from work until I actually got home was a bit more than 2 hrs!

Fran - I understand your PO experience. I debated on a box also, but went with oversized bubble envy (12X15?). Each person's seed packets are in a snack size ziplock with their name, then each ziplock is strategically taped (small piece) to a legal size sheet of paper, and then each sheet of paper is slid into the bubble envy (about 2 doz ziplocks to a sheet of paper). I found this keeps them from bunching up in the bubble envy so a bit less bulky.

Better get back to work!
Sandy

o

Mine will be going out today. I've been working on this swap for so long, I'm almost sad to see the little buggers go LOL.

o

Sandy thanks for sharing how you are sending yours. Mine will go out today since I know now that I don't have to add anything else to what I already had done. Yeah!! :-) My dinning room table will look so much nicer again. :-) Hubby will be happy about that. :-) LOL

Patty I'm fine with doubles on my wants. I just had one class where I taught kids and mom's how to winter sow and I'll be having another one then end of January. I'm so thankful to my other winter sowing/seed trading buddies who blessed me with really cool named seeds that the kids loved. Seeds like....eyeball plant, bunny tails, teddy bear sunflower, money plant, etc. were a hit. I'm also excited about growing them so I can share more next year or the following.

I'm so thankful for the generous hearts and hard workers on Garden Web that give thier time and share thier seeds generously so others can be blessed.

Thank to you all and Patty for your time given,
Pam

o

Fran,I cannot believe that moron would have you mail your babies her way and not yours! I mean you are the customer,who is she to tell you how you should mail your package?...Oh I tell you some of those PO clerks really burn me up! I am sure the seeds will be just fine,as long as they are in there...did you happen to mark them individually? If so, than Patty will be able to match up any that came lose..."dont worry...every little things..gonna be alright!"~ Bob Marley :)

Pam,it was a gorgeous sight with the deer and.....the squirrels...well,they are just constant entertainment! I know they can be a nuisance for some people,but I havent had an issue with them here,they have been just a pleasure to watch for me. This summer I am going to try an experiment,this is probably old news to some of you but a recent realization for me ,I have a sneaking feeling that when they go after bird feeders it is for the sunflower seeds,not the other smaller ones. They have not touched my millets and were all over my sunflowers. So I am going to see if I put out the seeds seperatley if there is a difference in what they go after.So maybe the solution would be to put out birdfeed that doesnt have sunflower seeds in it,is there such a thing? I dont do bird feeders,I am trying to create a natural habitat in my yard for them to forge,and so far things have been going well,they have plenty of seed left over to carry them awhile,so much in fact, the Cardinals havent started in on my Holly berries yet! Normally the bush is just about picked clean by now,but they have been enjoying the broomcorn seed mostly.I am incorporating more "birdfeed" plants this year as well,so I am hoping for awesome results next year. And I have decided that I am harvesting the sunflower heads,they eat them all before any cold weather hits and food is scarce,so I am going to do them a favor by keeping some aside for them...and the squirrels of course! Is it Black Oil Sunflowers that you grow for bird feed? If so,if anyone has any that hasnt sent in for the swap yet,mind sharing a few with me? Also,Pam I am thrilled to hear that your ws'ing class went so well! Congrats! if you need any more seeds for them let me know,I have plenty here,much more than when I last sent,I have all my veggie seeds ready...finally..and herbs and of course flowers...so jlmk! :)

Angela,yotetrapper,I had to giggle when I read your post...it is sort of sad to see them go after you have spent so much time with them...lol...almost as if your nest is now empty....but just remember they will be replaced shortly! ;)

rbrady,you are offering some awesome seeds up,but I am sure you have already mailed by now,:( oh well you snooze, you lose! Maybe we could do a trade when this swap is over? I am sure I will have something you would like! :)

Ok,I have done my daily babble...lol...hope all is well with all of you today! :)

o

Hi All,

I am playing catch up, still sorting seeds. I was sick all last week and couldn't get out of bed, let alone sort seeds. Anyway, I hope to mail out by Friday.

Amy

o

My seeds are on the way! I mailed them this morning.
I didn't have something for everyone, but I did send seeds for 43 people.

Ginger

o

Angie ~ I'm not sure if I have the black oil sunflowers or not.. do they eat the 'Mammoth' variety?? If so I have a TON of those! lol lmk if you're interested. :)

I can't wait to see what we get!!! LOL Patty bless your heart for doing this, I just can't imagine how much work it is on your end! We all appreciate it so much!

~Wendy

o

Tue, Jan 13, 09 at 18:15

I wished I would have checked the thread before I went to bed last night or early this morning! Sorry, I mailed the seeds before I went to work. Sorry Patty and Jaleeisa!

Thanks Angie (YOUR seed list is awesome)! Anytime you wanna trade, let me know!

Carol-you are welcome!

Ginger-I didn't have seeds for everyone either, but I figure that there are enough of us in the swap to cover everyone.

Rhonda

o

angie,k if u end up not getting any let me know. I just got some black oil sunflower and I am sure with your list we could come up with a trade :)

o

Patty, My seed pack will be out to you as soon as I go to town. I forgot them yesterday. They are all ready.
Thanks for letting me be part of this swap. I'm so excited to try the winter sowing. I have great expectations.

gmom2_6boys

o

Patty,
When I went to mail my package the other day, the post office would not give me a prepaid postage slip. I do not understand why, as I have recieved them in the mail before. Anyway, she made me purchase stamps. I put them in the envelope and also included two additional ones just in case. Thanks again for hosting this. I appreciate all your hard work.
Myriah

o

Angie, I didn't label the seed packs individually because Patty saying she wouldn't send doubles BUT what I did do was make an index card with each person's name and assigned # on it PLUS I sent in a master sheet with a list of everything and the person's name and number beside it.
So all Patty will have to do SHOULD any of the seeds come off the cards is check what seeds are still there against what came off.
I tried to make it a simple for Patty as possible and IF the clerk had of left me alone then there was no chance of them coming off in the box! cuz they were laying flat and I had it packed enough that they were not moving around!

NOTE TO PATTY: Be very careful when you open the package, pulling them out may make some seeds fall off the cards AND the clerk stuffed my stamps in there so they are in there SOMEWHERE!

WOW Sandy, I like how you packed your seeds, that was a neat concept too!

I am so excited I can't wait to see what comes back to us.

o

Patty,

The second envelope got sent to you yesterday. I have the walnuts, the pecans, the black and blue salvia, coralberry, goldenrods, cattail, holly and I forget what else... what everyone asked for.

If you asked for black and blue salvia, it has a lot of chaff in the pack because I did not have time to separate the seed. that is why the pack is PACKED FULL. I estimate there are over 50 seeds in each pack. Sorry folks. I just did not have time to separate the seed from the husks...

o

Hi all I will post an update tonight and will e-mail those who have not been on here posting.
We need to have all seeds sent no later than Tuesday morning the 20th that is now only 6 days away please if you haven't checked in about mailing e-mail me to let me know about when you will be mailing.
Thanks Patty

o

I am going to most likely wait until the 20th, exactly, to mail, Patty. I did take a big chunk out of my work tonight (stayed up all night, though) and got 52 packs ready! I best go hit the sack..... ;-)

Blessings,
Angela

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 14, 09 at 8:44

I stopping putting seeds out for the birds. instead, Im putting my crushed up eggshells all inthe same place. They prolly dont care for them NOW, but when nesting starts, the birdies will eat the shells for the calcium. Its the only thing I can think of that the squirrely guys will leave alone.

o

Hi Everyone!
I mailed out my huge bubble envie last Friday so hope Patti
has them already. It is exciting! Sybil

o

I did not have seed for every one either,i am just so happy i was able to be part of this wonderful swap,being new and all,i think i was able to send in 54 packs of seed.
I made the little envies,and marked on each envie who it went to,their number,what was inside,and who it was from,i hope i did this the right ,for those who had more than one seed pack, i placed in a baggie,and wrote the same info on the baggie,in black marker.
I am so excited to see what we will all receive in return,heck, if i only receive 1-5 packs, i will be thrilled,i sowed every thing i received in the SS,that has been really fun,i had to look up most every thing,for record keeping,that took some time,but i am learning so much,my hubby just sits and laughes at me, i am on the computer ALL the time now,i will not have time for this in the spring,as i am sure none of you will either.
Thank you all so much,this has been a great way to go through the winter months.
Carol

o

hello
dorisl - the eggs shells are great for the birds but have you tried to put out safflower seed, my squirls don't touch it. the owner of the wildbird store here said they just don't like safflower.
I also use extra stuff I have around to give the sguirrels their own treat, like the stale ends of a loaf of bread with beanut butter on it and maybe a few sunflower seeds in side. or old buiscuits and hunny. if the sguirrels are full they leave the bird to eat their seed in peace.

I got a heated bird bath for christmas and with the weather soo cold I have every kind of bird in the area comming to drink.

oh and a robin tip(you may not see them but they don't leave for the winter) I found, by accident, that robins love cooked eggs(scrabled,french toast, or over hard) I know eggs are expencive but I have a robin that shows up everyday for some eggs, he sits and watches over them till he can eat them all.

luckly we have chickens and get 8 to 10 eggs a day, or I could not afford to feed the robins.

michelle

o

Hi everyone! I thought I would have everything ready to be mailed last week, but, it was more work than I thought!! But that is ok, I enjoy it! I'm all caught up now, but thought I would list some seeds and see if anyone is interested before I close up the envie (or box, haven't actually tried the envie yet!) Anyway, here are the seeds I have. They are extra from generous traders, one trade each unless it says otherwise.

Burning Bush dwarf red, 2 trades
Touch Me Nots, pink
Coreopsis 'Heliot' 2 trades
Cleome, white
Trifolium incarnatum, 3 trades
Hibiscus Pink with Cherry center, 2 trades
Tanacetum Parthenium, 2 trades
Giant African Marigold Double Pale Lemon, 2 trades
Morning Glory 'Grandpa Otts', 5 trades
Obedient plant purple
Caryopteris 'First Choice'
Italian Parsley, dark green, 3 trades
Marigold 'Scarlet Sophie', 2 trades

o

Kalena, I would love some Coreopsis 'Heliot'.

I'll be mailing soon. I just have pack mine up in the mailing envelope.

Pat

o

Kalena! Hey there! :)

I would love some of the:
burning bush dwarf
touch me nots, pink
Trifolium incarnatum - 2 trades if noone else wants them? I plan on using this as a 'green manure' crop to aid my soil.
Caryopteris 'First Choice'

THANKYOU!!!
~Wendy

o

Hi Kalena,
I'd be interested in your Scarlet Sophie Marigolds. Check to see if I have anything you would like.

Cindy

o

Kalena, I'd be interested in the Dwarf Burning Bush, Marigold 'Scarlet Sophie' and Italian Parsley, dark green, please! Thank you so much for the offer! Going to add them to my wants list for Patty now :)

Kathy

o

Yea!, I have some takers!!

I have Wendy down for the burning bush, pink touch me nots, 2 trifolium incarnatum, and caryopteris 'First Choice

I have Pat down for Coreopsis 'Heliot'

I have Cindy down for Marigold 'Scarlet Sophie'

and Kathy down for Marigold 'Scarlet Sophie' and Burning Bush.

This is what is left:

Coreopsis 'Heliot' 1 trade
Cleome white, 1 trade
Trifolium incarnatum, 1 trade
Hibiscus Pink with cherry center, 2 trades
Tanacetum parthenium, 1 trade
Giant African Marigolds, Double Pale Lemon, 2 trades
Morning Glory 'Grandpa Otts' 5 trades
Obedient Plant purple 1 trade
Italian Parsley, dark green, 2 trades

o
RE: update: oops!

Oops! Kathy I have you down for the Italian parsley also!

Karen

o

Patty - My huge pack was sent today (with DC). I did manage to fit it into a bubble envie (albeit a huge 'un). It did look like a pillow....

--Tina

o

Kalena,

If you haven't had anyone ask for them yet, I'd love to have the coreopsis heliot.

Lisa

o

Myriah-
I think I may be able to shed some light as to why "the post office would not give me a prepaid postage slip." To put inside the envelope for a return trip.
I have received these in trades before- and although they are paid for- the prepaid postage slips can only be used from the branch they were sent from- on the day they were paid for. I have been told that from 3 different branches.
I have had to pay again to send the envelope back home when these have been sent to me in place of stamps.
So, it seams your post officer did a good service by not just going along with your request- and by listening to your needs instead.
Hope that helps to explain why you cant purchase a sticker today for a return trip another day-
Julie

o

Lisa, I have you down for the last Coreopsis 'Heliot'

Cleome white, 1 trade
Giant African Marigolds, Double Pale Lemon, 2 trades
Morning Glory 'Grandpa Otts' 5 trades
Italian Parsley, dark green, 2 trades

o

hello
kalena I would love the africa merigolds please, my son loves merigolds so I'm giving him a bunch to plant around the yard.
and some parsley too please
thanks
michelle

o

I don't know why I didn't ask in my first post but I would love some Morning Glory 'Grandpa Ott's' too. Thanks so much for offering these.

Pat

o

Hi everyone! :D

Amy,happy to hear that you are feeling better and sorry to hear you were sick! Glad you are back in the swing of things! :)

Wendy, they do eat the Mammoth sunnies...lol..I totally forgot about those! I have tons of seed for them,thanks for the offer though! Oh yes,when they envies arrive it is a grand day! One for celebration...lol..! Let me know if you need any more Crimson Clover after the swap,I have loads of it here or if you want I can send some through the swap and you can let Patty know you want doubles of that one,jlmk! :)

Rhonda,I would trade with you any time girl! :) Although I noticed a few people mention my list,my haves arent posted,so I assume my want list is what you girls are looking at...it is awesome isnt it?...lol...I wish that was my haves! Anyway,my haves will get posted someday and than I can get back to trading again,I am hoping I will have it done by the end of February,when I do I will contact you! :)

Connie I would love to trade! Thank you! I will let you know when I have my haves list up! It is not as grand as my want list,but not too shabby! ;)

gmom2_6boys,you will LOVE winter sowing! Good luck and have fun,you will be so thrilled with all your babies in the spring! :)

Fran,I am sure to Patty will not have a problem,you have it all organized well! I am still in disbelief of that clerk,so she stuffed the postage in there too? Couldn't she tell by the way you had your box so neatly packed, that stuffing them in an envy would not be something you would want to do? I swear some people should not work with the public! I am excited too, to see what goodies we will receive,this is so much fun! :)

Mark,I am sure most will agree with me,a little chaff never killed anyone, and that as long as there is seed, the chaff is no big deal! :)

Patty,I will not be mailing until the deadline,I only have 25 people packed up so far and my Mom is coming into town for the weekend,surprise visit. So I will be packing as many per day as I can up to the deadline.Enjoying our weather?...lol..

Doris,that is a great idea with the egg shells! Someone mentioned safflower,I have seeds for the deep orange,I will send some in for you if you want them,lmk!:)

Carol! You did great! 54 packs is awesome! Congrats! Woo Hoo! I am glad you joined this swap,too!:)micyrey,Thanks for the tip about the safflower,I had no clue they didnt like it,I will be planting more of it this year,that is for sure! Isnt it funny how the robins know where to get their meals? And how they would rather you provide it for them ,than actually having to get their "feathers" dirty? They see me with my shovel and I am surrounded...lol...they know I am the one that will toss the grubs for them, and stay close the entire time I am working in the yard,they are one of my favorite birds,so friendly! I had a daddy robin that kept his baby in my veggie garden,I called it the play pen. After our dog passed we moved the pen to the other side of the yard and I planted my veggie garden in the safety of it's "walls', well apparently the male robin thought it a good place to stick junior while he went and did his thing! This went on for weeks until the baby was old enough to fend for himself...so cute! :)

It is so nice to see everyone enjoying this swap,it is so nice to spoil ourselves a bit once in awhile isnt it? Hope the day is pleasant for all of you! :)

o

Michelle, you have some African Marigolds & Parsley, and
Pat, you have some MG 'Grandpa Otts'

Cleome white, 1 trade
Morning Glory 'Grandpa Otts' 4 trades
Italian Parsley, dark green, 1 trade

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 14, 09 at 16:05

Hi Angie! That would be great, the safflower, I was looking at it the other night.

And OMG, If I put ANYTHING out on purpose the the squirrels, I would have at least a dozen and prolly more in the yard. I think I had close to twenty once last winter when I put sunflower seeds out. There is NO WAY they'd all be satisfied and leave the birdseed alone. They would gobble it all up, call their friends and have a big ole party by the birdfeeder.

:)
D

o

I may only have one trade of these, but some I have more than one and just want to share with as many as possible so that we all have super 2009 gardens! As you can see, some of these are uncommon, although others are very common. Some are commercial and some are from generous traders. If you want to know specificly, just ask.

PLEASE, EMAIL ONLY so I can keep better track of who wants what and respond to everyone. It's first come, first served...

* Kiwifruit (Actinidia deliciosa)
* Spinach - Giant Noble
* Cape Gooseberry (20 seeds)
* Red Texas Star (12 seeds)
* Cabbage - Early Golden Acre
* Tomato - Purple Russian (10 seeds)
* Pomegranate
* Bean - Fortex (12 seeds)
* Bean - Guar: (10 seeds)
Guar can be eaten as a green bean, but is more important as the source of guar gum. Guar beans have a large endosperm that contains galactomannan gum, a substance which forms a gel in water. This is commonly known as guar gum and is used in dairy products like ice cream and as a stabilizer in cheese and cold-meat processing.
* Flower Garden Mix:
Contains: Calendula officinalis, Callistephus chinensis, Centaurea cyanus, Clarkia elegans, Coreopsis tinctoria, Cosmos bipinnatus, Cynoglossum amabile, Delphinium consolida, Godetia grandiflora, Gypsophila elegans, Helichrysum monstrosum, Papaver rhoeas, Rudbeckia hirta, Tagetes erecta Crackerjack, & Zinnia elegans.
* Bachelor Buttons - Cyanus Double (mixed colors)
* Bachelor Buttons - Polka Dot (mixed colors)
* Acidanthera - Peacock Orchid

Blessings,
Angela

o

Hi all I got 3 more packs today
sandygardens-ncgardengirl-sybilkrizinski
Here is an updated list
2 lisam627_ohio_z6
3 rbrady-mailed
4 sguanzon-received
5 morguegirl
6 ilovefarac
7 ncgardengirl-received
10 sybilkrizinski-received
11 micyrey-received
12 yotetrapper-mailed
13 agirlsgirl-mailing on 20th
14 roses_more_roses
15 jworth
16 duodecad-received
17 sissifriss-received
18 jaynine-received
19 julie_mn-received
20 sassybutterfly_2008
21 velsgarden
22 ptp813-mailed
24 ollierose
25 patty_b-received
26 patrob
28 threeshyacres
30 ggwrn-mailed
31 angelady-will mail on 20th
33 patrushka- will mail soon
34 smokymist
35 sunset_in
36 dorisl-received
37 kamiljablo -OUT
38 maricybele-OUT
40 ourhappyhome
41 kalena67
42 dirtdiggin-received
43 riley17-will mail soon
44 chellflower-received
45 ibartoo-OUT
46 sandysgardens-received
47 vikingkirken
48 esiuol-received
49 stevenwayne
50 flwrs4ever
51 kilngod-mailed
52 pufftrinket-received
53 nikkineel-received
55 stage_rat
56 intelkid
57 markcase1964-received (sending a second)mailed
58 cottageflowers
59 proudgm_03-received
60 gmom2-6boys-mailed
61 wishdesign-received
62 conniesc-received
64 jaleeisa
65 hmacdona-received
66 grolikecrazy
I really would like to have something next to each name LMK if there is nothing next to it about when you will be mailing.
I will be sending a reminder to the people that haven't informed us of that
I am so busy with the seeds when I check in any seeds that were offered that I want are all gone I feel left out I don't have time to chat either.
I'm done whining now LOL
I have to get back to the seeds
Patty

o

Patty,
I have this image of you up to your eyeballs in seed packets, and packages, with little post it notes stuck everywhere including all over your clothing, even in your hair!

You poor thing, hang in there girl! : )
Cindy

o

I'm packaging seeds whenever I have a chance. I have about 100 packets ready to go and hope to add more. I will mail by the 20th, no later.

o

I did get my envelope in the mail yesterday afternoon. I was able to send 165 seed pkts. Wow, way more than I ever expected. Of course a few had a smaller number of seeds than I typically trade, but I wanted to share with many who had similar wants. :-)

It is so cool that you all are talking about feeding the birds with the safflower. I was just double checking some seeds I'd received in trades to see if they were perennials or annuals so I knew when to winter sow them. 'Deep Orange' Safflower from Angie was one of them. Yeah!
We seem to have tons of squirrels in our yard and I don't put anything out for them. I can't imagine how many there would be if I did.

Patty I did write out the DC slip for you and the postage was included to cover it and the package...as long as it doesn't weigh more than the one I sent. hmmm didn't think of that till now. Well, I did send a few small bulb type seeds so maybe they will weigh more than the seeds I'll be recieving. :-) Thanks for all you are doing, Pam

o

Hi Angela,

I sent you an email. May I ask for the gooseberry seed? Thank you.

mark

o

Hi Patty,

So the deadline is the 20TH? If it is, then good because I thought it was for the 15TH. I will definitely send by the 20TH.

Have fun sorting and packing,
Jodi B.
: )

o

Ahh Patty, I hate that you are missing out. I did send you a couple, I hope you haven't gotten them already from someone else.
Maybe some who haven't sent in yet can send you some extra goodies.

o

Hi, Patty and everyone:

I'm working away at this, but I don't think I'll be sending until close to the 20th. I'll let you know when I do!

o

I've replied to everyone who responded and packed your seeds. Anyone else? (be sure to email, please, as that is making it easier for me). Thanks!

This swap is sooo exciting! Oh, we are all gonna be thrilled when we get our envies back! :-D

Blessings,
Angela

o

kalena67 I would love to have these if it's not too late.

Kiwifruit (Actinidia deliciosa)
* Spinach - Giant Noble
* Cape Gooseberry (20 seeds)
* Red Texas Star (12 seeds)
* Cabbage - Early Golden Acre
* Tomato - Purple Russian (10 seeds)
* Flower Garden Mix

Thanks. Chris

I think I'm going to make it before the dead line...

o

Patty ~ My 'fat' package went out this morning. YAY!~ lol
I'm so relieved that's done, amazing how much seed you find that you are able to share!

Hugs,
Wendy

o

Chris, that was Angelady who is offering those seeds! lol.

Patty, I will have mine ready this week end, and will send out either Monday or Tuesday. Most likely Monday. I have to rely on someone else to take it to the P.O., that is why I don't have a 'for sure' date. But I promise, I will not be late!!

All of my seeds fit in my big envie, but it sure is fat!! I've had fun putting everything together for everyone, and can't imagine all of the work Patty is doing!

Have a great day everyone!
Karen

o

Chris, I just emailed you regarding your requests...

Wendy, congrats! I'm amazed at how long the packing part is taking, but it's sooo fun at the same time. I am getting more excited that I'm almost done (maybe) and will soon (or eventually, LOL) have seeds waiting to meet me at my mailbox. :-)

Blessings,
Angela

o

Patty,

I just mailed today... honestly I am relieved it's done! I don't know how people have the energy to put 100+ packets together, I burned out at 63 (yes, an odd number I know!) I feel bad because I could have sent more if I could have found time and energy... but my little guy has been crying for me all week because I've been busy with this in every spare moment, and I just can't ignore him any longer! I tried to focus on specific or hard-to-find ones that people were wanting.

Maybe it's because I've been making all my own seed envelopes... as much as I love how cute they come out, it is time-consuming! I REALLY need to find some to buy somewhere. I've looked everywhere at Walmart, but no luck...

Lori

o

Kalena, I would take these if they are still available. Thanks!

Morning Glory 'Grandpa Otts'
italian parsley

o

Oh Doris,you get that many squirrels? Wow! I have 3 here,they are siblings,very inexperienced...lol...they built a nest low in my pine tree, I could reach out and touch it if I wanted to, and I don't want to, because with my luck there would be one in there, and I would scare it and it would end up attached to my face,anyway,the nest has fallen apart from being beat up by the wind,so I don't know where they relocated yet,but it is somewhere close,possibly toward the middle of the pine. So my 3 squirrels have not been any trouble for me. At a previous home,I had many of them,they loved to play in my yard,they would run circles around me while I was working in the yard as if I wasn't there. As for purposely feeding them,I am not using any type of feeders in my yard. I like to watch the birds and other critters feed naturally, I just intend to add more for the squirrels, and hope that if a natural balance occurs it will keep the squirrels from making little piggies of themselves. I am happy to know there is a couple plants I can grow for the birds that they just don't seem to like! I will send along the Safflower for you Doris,they really are beautiful and look fantastic with shades of blue. I had a couple convolvulus planted with it,they were a couple shades of blue,from light to dark,it was a really nice combo! :)

Patty I keep doing it too,someone offers the seeds, I get excited than I scroll down and they are all gone...lol...How are you holding up? You are probably going to want to kill me when my envy arrives....lol...Honestly I have been eliminating seeds from lists and only sending certain seeds,but so far, I have 299 packed up for 32 people and 30 more to go! When I took a count I was absolutely in shock! But I am so happy I can send in alot,I am not expecting to receive as many as I send in,of course! :)

Cindy...lol...you crack me up! :)

Pam,165? That is awesome! You have been a seed packing machine! :) Don't worry,alot of the packs will contain less than what a regular trade consists of, sometimes you only have 10 seeds to share, alot of us would rather have those ten seeds than none at all. Besides 10 seeds of most things is enough,if you only get 2 plants from the ten,those plants will produce enough seed for a bigger planting the year after. I figure some seeds have been on my wants for over a year now, so if I only end up with one plant, and I wanted to do a mass planting of that particular plant, I would have to wait a year, but that is far better than waiting a year to receive any at all! :)

Lori,the nice thing about this swap is there is no set limit on what you can send,63 packs of seed is not too shabby! ;)
I know what you mean about the seed packets,last year I made special seed packets just for this swap,I spent more time folding paper than I did packing seeds. This year I went with the plastic ziploc seed/craft envies,it is going so much faster. Do you have a craft store near you? You can find them there,I get mine for 89 cents a pack at PatCatans, a craft store here.
Also,talk to the manager of the craft section at wal mart,ask them to order them,they should,I am shocked they dont have them at your wal mart anyway!:)

Well it is 9 degrees here and the furnace is running,so I better get a fire started,hope you all are having a great day! :)

o

yotetrapper, the Tanacetum, MG 'Grandpa Ott's', and Italian Parsley are yours! I'll get them in your bag!

I'm am soooo tired of the cold weather! It is up to -15 degrees right now. School has been 2 hrs late 3 days in a row because temps have been so low. This morning it was
-25 with -41 wind chill. I'm also tired of shoveling snow. Never quite enough for the snow blower, but enough to have to take care of it. Ok, enough complaining! (Poor hubby does most of the shoveling anyway! :) )

Have a great day!
Karen

o

A.G.G., you had me laughing out loud with the thought of a squirrel attached to your face! (although if it really happened, I know it would not be funny).

This morning 1 intrepid squirrel came over in the sunny 2 degree weather. He climbed up the feeder pole that he is not supposed to be able to climb, and "plowed" the 4 inches of snow off the feeder platform to get at the frozen seeds underneath. Who is smarter? The guy who went out in the cold and got a few seeds, or the ones who stayed warm in their nests?

(I need to replace the rebar feeder pole with a piece of conduit, which should truly thwart the squirrels once I add the vaseline! I grew up in Chicagoland, [well, here it's still sorta Chicagoland] and I know how dense the squirrel population can get. I can't have them going after my tomatoes the way they did in Chicago!)

Vikingkirken, if your Wal-Mart sells beads, the bags should be right by them. The bags will be in a bigger clear bag, either with a tab of paper at the top or a label on the front. I did the Theme Garden swap and had to make some paper envelopes, and it took so much extra time to even make the ugly ones I did! By the way, Michael's Crafts sells the baggies in a BOX (hard to find if you don't know!) and for 3 times the cost of Wal-mart or Hobby Lobby. I once looked on Ebay, thinking if I bought a huge amount of bags I'd save some money. Nope! My cheapest way of getting the bags is to use a 40- or 50% off coupon at a Joanne Fabric and Crafts store.

o

Angie, I've been enjoying your wildlife stories especially those about the squirrels. LOL

stage_rat what kind of squirrels do you have?

I find the red squirrels here are much more mischievous than the gray squirrels we had in Chicago and the south suburbs. The ones here dig in my flower boxes and pots and even dig up newly planted things in my flower beds. I sprinkle ground, red pepper as a deterrent.

Are we supposed to include a return address label in our seed package?

Pat

o

Wow, I can't believe my seed envy made it to Patti's on Wednesday since I only mailed out late afternoon on Monday. I did, however, remember to add the last four digits to Patti's zip code. Those extra last four digits do help mail move faster through the postal system.

Karen I hear you on being tired of shoveling and the cold. This morning when I left for work, 5:15am, our thermometer read -27.4. On the way home from work, 3:00pm, it had made it up to -11. Not quite as warm as they predicted. I cant wait for the predicted heat wave of 30 this coming Monday.

Stay warm everyone
Sandy

o

I am sooooooooo glad I am not in zone 4! sheesh, -27, ugh!

(I promise to take my morning 2 degrees with great thanks, and remember that's like Florida compared to -20s.)

--Tina

o

I've just got to know how you manage when it is -27. I can't believe that your heating system would even keep your house warm. It's supposed to be 14 here tonight and I'm sure our heat pump will run most of the night.

Ginger

o

Karen I am with everyone else! Brrrr.,... you just made me feel warmer that is for sure! :)

stage_rat,I agree it would be a funny sight! :D It would be one of those moments you probably would look back on and laugh,but it wouldn't be so funny at the time it was happening! I hate to admit it,but I don't find very many of the "Funny" home videos funny,being that most of the time someone could have been seriously injured,but when they have squirrel attacks,I LMBO, there is just something about how they lunge at people and people scream, it is so funny to me. I am seriously hoping they don't end up really hurt,I mean squirrels are small, but they could take out an eye or something...lol... :)
Oh and I say the smart ones are the ones that stay in the nest,they always have alot stashed,no need to go out in the cold!;)

Pat,wildlife cracks me up,some of the funniest things I have ever seen were in nature. Alot of them are, "you had to be there" moments,but I am thankful for everyone of those moments I am lucky enough to catch! Squirrels have got to be the comedians,the chipmunks are far too serious,the birds can be funny,but none of them have me laughing half as hard as the squirrels do! We have the gray squirrels and I think you are right about those red ones,my Mom lives in NC,those little things would sit in the tree and hiss at you! I never had one hiss at me before,although a friend of mine was bullied by one on city steps...lol..she was walking home with her son in a stroller,well apparently the squirrel did not want her to walk the way she was going,so it stood it's ground and made her go around the block to get home...lol..since, she does not like them much!
Yes include an address label,that is always helpful!;)

Sandy,I didnt know that those digits made any difference! You learn something new every day,thanks for sharing that tip! :)

If we dont hear from Patty tonight it is because she is having problems getting into GW. I hope to hear from her by morning. I contacted Sue,hoping she will be able to help,no news yet,but I will keep you all posted if I hear anything! Hope you all sleep well! :)

o
Update from Patty!

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Hey everyone I heard from Patty,GW is the only site she is having trouble with,she thinks it maybe something her husband did with their security. So she will not be posting until at least tomorrow. She is able to email,so if anyone needs to contact her you are able to.

Ok,she has an update to be posted,it is as follows:

I got 5 more envies
-austinhanasmom
-ggwrn
-ptp813
-markcase
-rbrady
and ask mark to e-mail who the nuts,salvias and goldenrods are for.

And an update of the list:
2 lisam627_ohio_z6
3 rbrady-received
4 sguanzon-received
5 morguegirl
6 ilovefarac
7 ncgardengirl-received
9 austinnhanasmom -received
11 micyrey-received
12 yotetrapper-mailed
14 roses_more_roses
15 jworth
16 duodecad-received
17 sissifriss-received
18 jaynine-received
19 julie_mn-received
20 sassybutterfly_2008
21 velsgarden
22 ptp813-received
24 ollierose
25 patty_b-received
26 patrob
28 threeshyacres
30 ggwrn-received
34 smokymist
35 sunset_in
36 dorisl-received
37 kamiljablo -OUT
38 maricybele-OUT
40 ourhappyhome
41 kalena67
42 dirtdiggin-received
44 chellflower-received
45 ibartoo-OUT
47 vikingkirken
48 esiuol-received
49 stevenwayne
50 flwrs4ever
51 kilngod-mailed
52 pufftrinket-received
53 nikkineel-received
55 stage_rat
56 intelkid
57 markcase1964-received (sent a second)received
58 cottageflowers
59 proudgm_03-received
60 gmom2-6boys-mailed
61 wishdesign-received
62 conniesc-received
64 jaleeisa
65 hmacdona-received
66 grolikecrazy

o

Angie, it's not just Patty with their security or what have you. I've been having issues with GW all day as well. I'm not sure what they're doing, but it's taking FOREVER to load and then it doesn't load correctly.... hopefully it'll be back to normal soon....

Blessings,
Angela

o

I know we are all buried to our eye balls in swap deadlines and all , but I 'm worried about my camellia sinensis seeds that arrived shortly after Christmas from a Korean tea plantation. I've kept them covered in moist planting mix in a 4x4 peatmoss pot with a plastic cover over it ever since, and kept it a little away from the warmth of the fireplace to try and retard their sprouting until after the swaps' deadline , but when I went to get some for another trader who couln't wait, i noticed several of them have started to swell up and their cracked outer shell was showing a bit of a greening nut peeking out on some. Now getting these babies shipped would be a bit tricky in a freezing climate for sure, but believe me it would be even harder to ship them after they sprout!!! Someone sent me a Brug rooted cutting and It was frozen when i got it from the mail box...
So if any of you are the ones i promised first trades with when these babies arrive, and you are not too overwhelmed,uh hum,uh hum Mark, second package!...show off!! please let me know. Just tempt me with a trade I can't hardly refuse,and especially where i don't have to think very hard at all , since all my brain cells are preoccupied with you know what, and get these babies shipped off to their new homes ASAP before they all sprout.
Better go packing more seeds... Chris

o

Thanks kalena.

It is currently -11 here right now, and they're calling for -27 tonight with windchills in the -40s.

As for managing, it sucks, but usually it dont last too long. Right now all my pipes and drains are froze other than the bathtub. Ah well, I always said I wanted to live in the early 1900s, now I'm getting my chance LOL.

We dont even hve a furnace LOL. We heat with strictly wood, no backup. I've got my woodstove into the overfire zone tonight, it's a toasty 73 here in the living room, although it will be nearly 20 degrees colder down the hall in our bedroom. I use 6 quilts on our bed in weather live this. My main issue in this bitter weather is keeping the chickens unfroze, and watered LOL.

o

Hey, yotetrapper, I heat with wood, too! I do have my furnace as backup, which as you can imagine takes all the stress out of it. In weather like this, I close off all the bedrooms and sleep in the living room. It's 75 by the stove and 65 over here across the room. (The bedrooms are 40!) I don't have a basement, which usually sucks, but it means I don't have to worry about my pipes. There are people in Alaska who heat only with wood--pretty amazing what humans can endure and even enjoy. Like, going out sledding in -47 degrees! I hang out at the wood stove forum (hearth.com) and I get to read posts from some of these people. Their weather makes mine seem not so bad.

patrushka, the squirrels in my area are mostly the bigger ones, who can be gray or reddish, but aren't the cute red squirrels. I do have one cute little red guy in my neighborhood, and saw a dead one down the street :(, so there are a few red guys. The little red one went after my sunflowers in 2007, and was so cute dangling upside down from the flower head that I just took pictures and didn't try to scare him away.

o

Hi all....
I must have forgotten to put in Envelope to Patty who the walnut and pecan seeds were for. Also, who wanted the salvia and the goldenrods.....

I had a card that I kept up who wanted those things, but it must not be in the envelope and it is not on my table. Who wanted those things???? sorry for the mistake,

o

Hi all
I tried this morning it went right to it it had to be gardenweb
Chris if you have an extra I would love camellia sinensis
heres a new update of the list with maileds on
2 lisam627_ohio_z6
3 rbrady-received
4 sguanzon-received
5 morguegirl
6 ilovefarac
7 ncgardengirl-received
11 micyrey-received
12 yotetrapper-mailed
14 roses_more_roses
15 jworth
16 duodecad-received
17 sissifriss-received
18 jaynine-received
19 julie_mn-received
20 sassybutterfly_2008-mailed
21 velsgarden
22 ptp813-received
24 ollierose
25 patty_b-received
26 patrob
28 threeshyacres
30 ggwrn-received
34 smokymist
35 sunset_in-mailed
36 dorisl-received
37 kamiljablo -OUT
38 maricybele-OUT
40 ourhappyhome
41 kalena67-will mail by weekend
42 dirtdiggin-received
44 chellflower-received
45 ibartoo-OUT
47 vikingkirken -mailed
48 esiuol-received
49 stevenwayne
50 flwrs4ever
51 kilngod-mailed
52 pufftrinket-received
53 nikkineel-received
55 stage_rat
56 intelkid
58 cottageflowers
59 proudgm_03-received
60 gmom2-6boys-mailed
61 wishdesign-received
62 conniesc-received
64 jaleeisa
65 hmacdona-received
66 grolikecrazy
if mark promised you some salvia, nuts, or goldenrod LMK
patrushka if you can an address label is good
gotta go to work early will post tonight.
Patty

o

Patty, I should be mailing out tomorrow. Sorry I'm running so late. I've been on bed rest for my back lately and the last couple days have been pretty drugged up with muscle relaxers and pain killers. While my head is a little clearer this morning, I'm going to double check and make sure I've got everything in there. But from my notes, it looks like I'm sending in about 115-120 seed packets. I know I could have done more, but it's been a very uncomfortable couple of weeks.

Kathy

o

hello
patty I had wanted some of several goldedrods I don't rember which ones, so any would be fine
michelle

o

Oops. Found my card.... or they did. It went in another envelope to someone else. They didn't now what it was for and threw it away..... So I do need to know if you wanted the walnuts, pecans, goldenrods or salvia...

Michelle, thanks! I forgot you were one of them.

o

Patty & Mark, I was the one who requested the walnuts and pecans.

Blessings,
Angela

o

Okay I have to ask, don't we have until January 31 to get seeds in? I have started on stuff but boy you guys are really quick. Let me know. Thanks, jenny

o

Jenny, we are suppose to mail out no later than the 20th of January.

I wanted to report that I am mailing out on Monday...I wanted to do more, but am just worn out, so I have just over 100 packs.

ALSO, are we doing veggie seeds ...I didnt know whether we could ??

Thanks so much to anyone that sent seeds in for me, sure appreciate it !!

Kym

o

Kym,
Yes on the veggie seeds.

luvgardening2 deals almost exclusively in veggies -- so if you have things from her list especially, do send (since most people's haves are more often flowers in this group).

o

Another one heating with wood here also! :) We do have a furnace as a back up,but mainly burn through the winter. It is way warmer than the furnace! We have a wood burner in the dining room,it is a Cape Cod style house and the heat travels all through the house,well except the basement of course! :) Today it is 2 degrees and it is about 75 in here,I started off with an over fire and got the cold kicked out and now burning at a normal range,I don't know what I would do with out this wood burner!:)

Patty I am so happy it was just some glitch and not something more serious! That had to be nerve racking being so close to the mailing deadline!

Kathy girl,I am happy to hear you are a bit better! You are not late,you are right on time! :)

o

NO body is mailing Moday....PO is closed :( what are we gonna do that day?

OH NO!!!

o

Well Fran,

I am doing some winter sowing! Planting some of the things I have gotten!

o

Hi Patty,

I am still packing up seeds. I am going to mail out on 1/20.

Sorry it is last minute, but I have alot of seeds on people's wishlist and I want to send as many as possible. Being sick also threw me off.

Amy

o

Yep Fran,I think Mark is on to something,we will all have to just get started on our seed sowing,I don't see that we have a choice...lol...

o

Patty, My seeds were mailed this afternoon. I did include a return mailing label. : ) I hope you are keeping your head above the seed packets and you aren't feeling so overwhelmed. Take a break, you deserve one. Thanks again for all of your work on this swap.

Pat

o

Fran,

I may have discovered a problem: my potting soil is FROZEN SOLID! I'll have to bring it in from my potting shed to thaw!

o

Mark, OPPPS! LOL. At least it is something you can fix easy enough.

Yes Patty, come up for air we don't want you to get lost in that sea of seeds! And I KNOW you have a bunch there right now! WITH MORE ON THE WAY! At least you have our support...lol.

o

At least you HAVE soil Mark! lol I'm still waiting on my local Lowes/Home Depot/(anywhere!) to put theirs out! argghhhhh

~Wendy

o

Hi all
I got 3 more packs of seeds today from
kilngod-yotetrapper-sunset_in
UPDATED LIST
2 lisam627_ohio_z6
3 rbrady-received
4 sguanzon-received
5 morguegirl-mail by 20th
6 ilovefarac
7 ncgardengirl-received
11 micyrey-received
12 yotetrapper-received
14 roses_more_roses
15 jworth
16 duodecad-received
17 sissifriss-received
18 jaynine-received
19 julie_mn-received
21 velsgarden
22 ptp813-received
24 ollierose
25 patty_b-received
26 patrob-mailby 20th
28 threeshyacres-mail by 20th
30 ggwrn-received
33 patrushka-mailed
34 smokymist
35 sunset_in-received
36 dorisl-received
37 kamiljablo -OUT
38 maricybele-OUT
40 ourhappyhome
42 dirtdiggin-received
44 chellflower-received
45 ibartoo-OUT
47 vikingkirken -mailed
48 esiuol-received
49 stevenwayne
50 flwrs4ever-mail by 20th
51 kilngod-received
52 pufftrinket-received
53 nikkineel-received
55 stage_rat-mail by 20th
56 intelkid
58 cottageflowers
59 proudgm_03-received
60 gmom2-6boys-mailed
61 wishdesign-received
62 conniesc-received
64 jaleeisa-mail by 20th
65 hmacdona-received
66 grolikecrazy
anyone else that wanted Marks goldenrods and the black and blue salvia I know I asked for a salvia.
The seeds are supposed to be mailed by the 15th and I extended that it was earlier. I have to e-mail people we haven't heard from.
Patty

o

Patty, I mailed out today. :) I requested some of the black and blue salvia, I believe.

Kathy

o

Hi Patty,
I had a real hard time logging onto GW last night. Took forever for the page to load. When it did, half the graphics were gone. I don't think it's your computer, I think GW is having some problems. Today...logged on and all is normal again.

Cindy : )

o

Patty I thought the original send date was the 15th, and was moved to the 20th...I apologize if I had it wrong..

I will mail out on Tues, since there is no mail on Monday

Thanks for all your hard work.

YES GW was having trouble yesterday !! Thankfully seems much better today.

o

Hi Patty,
I will be mailing out Tuesday also.Thank you so much for hosting this swap.Also thank you for doing such a wonderful job....velvet

o

Hi all
flwrs4ever yes you are right the original date was the 15th and we changed it to the 20th sorry about the mistake I e-mailed all I haven't heard from I will update tomorrow after the mail comes we should have something next to all names by then.
Patty

o

Oh, you guys/gals PLEASE send in veggies, too! Please, please, please!

Blessings,
Angela

o

I sent in some veggies, can't remember who all I sent in for or to, but I did cover some veggies...

I am so excited, can't wait to see what comes back wooohooo, this is so great.

Patty, I want to thank you again for hosting this and doing such a great job keeping us updated on when you received.

o

I am sending veggies too Angela,no worries,veggie gardeners will not be forgotten! I think really, more and more of us are growing our own due to the financial situation,so there are alot more veggie gardeners out there! :)

o

Whew!..... Okay... I feel better now... LOL

Blessings,
Angela

o

Angela, BUMMER! I knew I should not have shipped out so soon. I am just always late for everything and decided for once in my life to get the swap package out early so I did not have to worry about it. I see a bunch that I have after your updates. :o( Maybe we can work something out after the swap. I have a very fruitful Meyer Lemon tree that just keeps on giving. I sent in some seeds to another participant but I did not see it on your list. I think you added it later. :o(

Nancy

o

Oh, Nancy... You are SO thoughtful! I'd love to see what we both get in the swap and try to work something out afterwords to fill in the gaps, if there is any... Are you also in the "Wow" swap? Just email me, and we can discuss this more! :-D

You know, I totally meant to post on the thread that I had updated my list, too... that'll sure teach me! I'm glad you got your package out early for a change... I'm not quite in the same boat here! :-)

Hey, anyone want something fun to do while you're packing seeds? You can't really watch TV, although you can listen to it or the radio. I just found something really cool! You can read anything that you copy and paste into this thing because it reads it to you... neat little free program... If there's a lot of text you want to "read" without actually reading, you have to try this neat thing! The link is below... (little hint, though, make sure you copy and paste into notepad first then copy and paste into the program from there as it removes the HTML that websites have. Believe me, you don't want to hear all that HTML gibberish... LOL... (You have to use CONTROL/C to copy and CONTROL/V to paste for it to work.)

Blessings,
Angela

Here is a link that might be useful: COOL Text To Speech program

o
Re: update: update: #4-4th annual whats left on my want list swa

This link is better below. It's another text to speech program, but with better buttons and user friendliness. BE SURE to use the Microsoft Anna voice with it as she is by far the easiest voice to understand. ENJOY packing more seeds for those of use that still are...

Blessings,
Angela

Here is a link that might be useful: Text To Wave Program link

o

Angela

I checked my notes and I put 4 different types of tomato packets in your seed package.

Thanks for the links to the speech programs. We are going to give them a try later today.

Sandy

o

Here is the results of my e-mails I got a response from all except for 3 I will e-mail them all personally
UPDATED LIST
2 lisam627_ohio_z6-mail by 20th
3 rbrady-received
4 sguanzon-received
5 morguegirl-mail by 20th
6 ilovefarac-mail by 20th
7 ncgardengirl-received
11 micyrey-received
12 yotetrapper-received
14 roses_more_roses-mail over weekend
15 jworth-?
16 duodecad-received
17 sissifriss-received
18 jaynine-received
19 julie_mn-received
21 velsgardenmail by 29th
22 ptp813-received
24 ollierose-mail by 20th
25 patty_b-received
26 patrob-mailby 20th
28 threeshyacres-mail by 20th
30 ggwrn-received
33 patrushka-mailed
34 smokymist-mail by 20th
35 sunset_in-received
36 dorisl-received
37 kamiljablo -OUT
38 maricybele-OUT
40 ourhappyhome-?
42 dirtdiggin-received
44 chellflower-received
45 ibartoo-OUT
47 vikingkirken -mailed
48 esiuol-received
49 stevenwayne-?
50 flwrs4ever-mail by 20th
51 kilngod-received
52 pufftrinket-received
53 nikkineel-received
55 stage_rat-mail by 20th
56 intelkid-will mail soon
57 markcase1964-received-received#2
58 cottageflowers-mail soon
59 proudgm_03-received
60 gmom2-6boys-mailed
61 wishdesign-received
62 conniesc-received
64 jaleeisa-mail by 20th
65 hmacdona-received
66 grolikecrazy-mail by 20th
Thanks for a great swap all ask the veterans we didn't think it could be better than last year but thanks to all of you it is.I will do my best to make all of you happy. My favorite part is reading your posts when your seeds arrive.
Patty

o

I'm glad us veggie/fruit/herb people weren't left out! Thanks! Oh, I'm getting so excited about what we're all going to get back. :-)

Off to pack more seeds... I think this is my last day packing... I'm running out of seeds!... I think I still have enough for the other swaps I'm in.... Hmmmmmm.... LOL

Blessings,
Angela

o

Don't Worry Angela, I have some herbs and Veggies for people who have them on their wish list. I know for a fact I have some for you. I can't use the veggies myself(no room) so I will send many of what I had off in this swap.

Amy

o

Angela,

My packages were mainly veggies. A few flowers that were requested, but mainly veggies.

o

I just got all my pumpkin seeds cleaned out and dried and ready for anybody who wants them. I have Atlantic Giant pumpkin seeds (produces all the biggest pumpkins in the world -New England record breaking 1443 lb.) , and Musque de Provence pumpkin(said to be tne pumkin model for Cinderella's coach) . There is plenty for everyone on this swap. Just let me know and I'll include them in the packages I'm sending out. Chris

o

Chris, I'd like some of both, please! I'll shoot an email off as well... Thanks for the offer!

Blessings,
Angela

o

I think I sent you some veggie seeds Angela.

o

I just want to thank everyone who has reassured me that they sent in stuff for me. You are SO sweet... I'm sure all us veggie/fruit/herb people will be happy!

I'm nearing the finish line with my packing, but not done... I swore that I'd stay up until I got it done, but I may have to do the last bit tomorrow night after the kids are in bed instead... whew... almost done....

Blessings,
Angela

o

Chris,

I would like the Atlantic pumpkin please. Thank you.

Mark

o

Hi Patty,

My envelope with out yesterday. I emailed you my delivery confirmation number. Thanks again for all of your hard work!

Lisa

o

Chris I would love to have some of the musque de provence seeds! Thanks so much for offering them! Melinda

o

hello
I would love some pumpkins please
thanks a bunch
michelle

o

Hi Chris, I would love to have some of the Musque de Provence Pumpkin seeds. Thanks!!!!

Nancy

o

Chris if you have enough of those pumpkins,I would be delighted to have them! Since they are said to be the one Cinderellas coach was modeled after,I would just love to receive them and share them with my BF for her baby girls garden! We are doing a girly ('Sugar,Spice and Everything Nice') garden for her,princesses,fairies,ect...and what is really cute is,her name is Lily,so there will be lots of those too! ;)

I sent in as many veggies as I could. There were a few people that had mainly veggies on their lists, I don't have many that I have enough to share, that were on those lists. So I did send in some I thought would be liked by the person that were not listed.Like if they had a lot of paste tomatoes listed,I have a couple I was very fond of that I sent along. I just wanted to be sure there were enough packets for everyone,so if someone gets a packet from me that was not on their want list,I hope it isn't a problem! If it is, Patty,you can send them back to me, keep them for yourself, or give them to someone else....whatever you do is fine with me. There aren't that many I sent in like that,just a few!:)

Patty,there is alot more veggies in this swap than last year,if there is an overflow of them and you don't have anyone to send them off to,I am open to them even if they aren't listed on my wants! ;)

I have 5 more people to pack up today, hubby just ran out to grab me more envies. So I will be all done by the end of the day! This really has been so much fun,and I agree with Patty,it is so fun watching everyone post as they receive their envy loaded with lots of goodies! Thanks again Patty for hosting this swap again,you are the best!:)

o

This is the first swap like this I have been in, and the anticipation is killing me. It was so fun packing up everybody's seeds, that I didnt hardly even think about what I might be getting back. Now that my seeds are sent off and safely in patty's hands, the anticipation of what I am going to be getting is strong LOL. I feel like a little kid at Christmas time. So exciting.

o

I can't find roses_more_roses' page i looked hi and low and in the search box too. please please email me with your page link. Chris

o

Here is the link --

Here is a link that might be useful: Roses_more_roses page

o

Oh Chris, I would also like to have some of each of those pumpkins. They sound WONDERFUL :)

And if you need me to email you a list of roses_more_roses wants, I have them :)

o

Kalena67 ,what do you give someone who has everything? You have no vegetables listed , don't you want any, pumpkins, perhaps, daikon radish, collards, snap peas, bush beans? Chris

o

Chris there is a thread I started that has clickable links to everyones want lists.Are you having a problem linking to it from there? Just in case you dont know about the list,I will link you to it! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Final List of players for the 4th WLOMWLS

o

pattygrow5 i cannot figure out from your list what vegrtables you would like , you have none listed! help

o

Hey there Grolikecrazy- Could I try the GIANT pumpkin as well? Thanks!

o

Hi all Fran it was a slip of the finger when typing velsgarden is mailing by the 20th
grolikecrazy I don't do a lot of veggies I only have a small strip do mostly flowers
I still haven't heard from stevenwayne, ourhappyhome and jworth any of you 3 reading this please e-mail me I sent
e-mails to all of them again last night
hey from me and Angie what do you call 53 men watching the super bowl? The Baltimore Ravens.LOL
GO STEELERS
Patty

o

Hahahahahahahaha!!! Ooooh, no... you're not going to BELIEVE what just happened...

I read the joke to my husband while he was watching TV... he laughed and laughed and said he really liked that joke... Then, I proceed to ask him what that meant really, who did they just lose to? He didn't laugh at all because HE WAS WATCHING THAT VERY GAME THAT HE HAD RECORDED FROM EARLIER TONIGHT! Holy cow! I had NO idea how badly I just ruined his night!

Blessings,
Angela

o

Ahhh, Angela... that stinks! SORRY HONEY, I had NO idea, but you can STILL watch for the Highlights...

My best friend and her SO are Steelers Fans so I am sure they are happy...

OH Patty, thank goodness. I was SOOOOOO worried! I have been getting questions about it and was like I don't KNOW...now I do...hehe
Thanks for letting me know!
I am SOOOO excited about getting a package, I can't wait to get it...I feel like I did when I was little waiting for Christmas morning...

WOOHOOO and WOOT WOOT!!!

o

Hey Fran,had yall worried didnt I.When I saw it I knew Patty must have hit the wrong key.I thought ohno everyones going to kill me.I would not delay this robin,Im so excitedly awaiting to see what we all get.It is like a little kid at xmas...velvet

o

Chris I would LOVE some of your Musque de Provence pumpkin if you have any left! Thanks!!

Hope everyone's doing well, we've all had bad colds here, just takin' it easy and tryin to get well!

~Wendy

o

Chris, I would be interested in any tomato seeds that you may have extra of. My hubby and I were just talking about what to put in the veggie garden last night. My family likes canteloupe, watermelon, tomatoes, cumcumbers, and green beans. Would be interested in anything unusual, fun for the kids! But if you've got everything ready for Patty, or have it mailed, please don't worry about me!! I wasn't able to send to everyone either. I really wanted to though!!

Patty, I'm going to have my daughter mail off my seeds today. I'll post when they've made it to the P.O.

Have a good day everyone!
Karen

o
RE: update: P.O. closed today?

I planned on mailing out my package today, but read on another thread the the P.O.'s are closed today. I will have them out tomorrow.

Karen

o

My seeds are also ready but couldn't mail. I will mail first thing in the am! thanks, Melinda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here