Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pattygrow5

update: update: #4-4th annual whats left on my want list swap

pattygrow5
15 years ago

We are getting close to the maxim posts again so here is a new thread next one should be the seeds flying thread my favorite one so I can see how you like your packages if you sent and I don't have that noted let me know I will be sending out reminder e-mails about send date tonight I don't want anyone to have to wait for their seeds

1-pattygrow5-they are here not all packed but here

2 lisam627_ohio_z6

3 rbrady

4 sguanzon-mailed

5 morguegirl

6 ilovefarac

7 ncgardengirl

8 poisondartfrog-received

9 austinnhanasmom -mailed

10 sybilkrizinski

11 micyrey-received

12 yotetrapper

13 agirlsgirl

14 roses_more_roses

15 jworth

16 duodecad-received

17 sissifriss

18 jaynine-received

19 julie_mn

20 sassybutterfly_2008

21 velsgarden

22 ptp813

23 dancinginthegarden-mailed

24 ollierose

25 patty_b-received

26 patrob

27 just1morehosta-received

28 threeshyacres

29 playintheyard-received

30 ggwrn

31 angelady

32 ishareflowers-received

33 patrushka

34 smokymist

35 sunset_in

36 dorisl-received

37 kamiljablo -OUT

38 maricybele-OUT

39 anadarko_rose-mailed

40 ourhappyhome

41 kalena67

42 dirtdiggin-received

43 riley17

44 chellflower-received

45 ibartoo-OUT

46 sandysgardens

47 vikingkirken

48 esiuol-received

49 stevenwayne

50 flwrs4ever

51 kilngod

52 pufftrinket-received

53 nikkineel-received

54 alwaysagarden-received

55 stage_rat

56 intelkid

57 markcase1964-received (sending a second)

58 cottageflowers

59 proudgm_03-received

60 gmom2-6boys

61 wishdesign

62 conniesc-received

63 luvgardening2-received

64 jaleeisa

65 hmacdona-received

66 grolikecrazy

Gotta get back to the seeds will post tonight.

Patty

Comments (150)

• morguegirl
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi Patty,

I am still packing up seeds. I am going to mail out on 1/20.

Sorry it is last minute, but I have alot of seeds on people's wishlist and I want to send as many as possible. Being sick also threw me off.

Amy

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

Yep Fran,I think Mark is on to something,we will all have to just get started on our seed sowing,I don't see that we have a choice...lol...

• patrushka
    15 years ago

Patty, My seeds were mailed this afternoon. I did include a return mailing label. : ) I hope you are keeping your head above the seed packets and you aren't feeling so overwhelmed. Take a break, you deserve one. Thanks again for all of your work on this swap.

Pat

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Fran,

I may have discovered a problem: my potting soil is FROZEN SOLID! I'll have to bring it in from my potting shed to thaw!

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Mark, OPPPS! LOL. At least it is something you can fix easy enough.

Yes Patty, come up for air we don't want you to get lost in that sea of seeds! And I KNOW you have a bunch there right now! WITH MORE ON THE WAY! At least you have our support...lol.

:) Fran

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

At least you HAVE soil Mark! lol I'm still waiting on my local Lowes/Home Depot/(anywhere!) to put theirs out! argghhhhh

~Wendy

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi all
    I got 3 more packs of seeds today from
    kilngod-yotetrapper-sunset_in
    UPDATED LIST
    1-pattygrow5-I got them packed and in everyones envies
    2 lisam627_ohio_z6
    3 rbrady-received
    4 sguanzon-received
    5 morguegirl-mail by 20th
    6 ilovefarac
    7 ncgardengirl-received
    9 austinnhanasmom -received
    10 sybilkrizinski-received
    11 micyrey-received
    12 yotetrapper-received
    13 agirlsgirl-mailing on 20th
    14 roses_more_roses
    15 jworth
    16 duodecad-received
    17 sissifriss-received
    18 jaynine-received
    19 julie_mn-received
    20 sassybutterfly_2008-mailed
    21 velsgarden
    22 ptp813-received
    23 dancinginthegarden-received
    24 ollierose
    25 patty_b-received
    26 patrob-mailby 20th
    28 threeshyacres-mail by 20th
    30 ggwrn-received
    31 angelady-will mail on 20th
    33 patrushka-mailed
    34 smokymist
    35 sunset_in-received
    36 dorisl-received
    37 kamiljablo -OUT
    38 maricybele-OUT
    39 anadarko_rose-received
    40 ourhappyhome
    41 kalena67-will mail by weekend
    42 dirtdiggin-received
    43 riley17-will mail soon
    44 chellflower-received
    45 ibartoo-OUT
    46 sandysgardens-received
    47 vikingkirken -mailed
    48 esiuol-received
    49 stevenwayne
    50 flwrs4ever-mail by 20th
    51 kilngod-received
    52 pufftrinket-received
    53 nikkineel-received
    55 stage_rat-mail by 20th
    56 intelkid
    57 markcase1964-received (sent a second)received
    58 cottageflowers
    59 proudgm_03-received
    60 gmom2-6boys-mailed
    61 wishdesign-received
    62 conniesc-received
    64 jaleeisa-mail by 20th
    65 hmacdona-received
    66 grolikecrazy
    anyone else that wanted Marks goldenrods and the black and blue salvia I know I asked for a salvia.
    The seeds are supposed to be mailed by the 15th and I extended that it was earlier. I have to e-mail people we haven't heard from.
    Patty

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Patty, I mailed out today. :) I requested some of the black and blue salvia, I believe.

Kathy

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Hi Patty,
    I had a real hard time logging onto GW last night. Took forever for the page to load. When it did, half the graphics were gone. I don't think it's your computer, I think GW is having some problems. Today...logged on and all is normal again.

Cindy : )

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Patty I thought the original send date was the 15th, and was moved to the 20th...I apologize if I had it wrong..

I will mail out on Tues, since there is no mail on Monday

Thanks for all your hard work.

YES GW was having trouble yesterday !! Thankfully seems much better today.

• velsgarden
    15 years ago

Hi Patty,
    I will be mailing out Tuesday also.Thank you so much for hosting this swap.Also thank you for doing such a wonderful job....velvet

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi all
    flwrs4ever yes you are right the original date was the 15th and we changed it to the 20th sorry about the mistake I e-mailed all I haven't heard from I will update tomorrow after the mail comes we should have something next to all names by then.
    Patty

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

Oh, you guys/gals PLEASE send in veggies, too! Please, please, please!

Blessings,
    Angela

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

I sent in some veggies, can't remember who all I sent in for or to, but I did cover some veggies...

I am so excited, can't wait to see what comes back wooohooo, this is so great.

Patty, I want to thank you again for hosting this and doing such a great job keeping us updated on when you received.

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

I am sending veggies too Angela,no worries,veggie gardeners will not be forgotten! I think really, more and more of us are growing our own due to the financial situation,so there are alot more veggie gardeners out there! :)

15 years ago

Whew!..... Okay... I feel better now... LOL

Blessings,
    Angela

• luvgardening2
    15 years ago

Angela, BUMMER! I knew I should not have shipped out so soon. I am just always late for everything and decided for once in my life to get the swap package out early so I did not have to worry about it. I see a bunch that I have after your updates. :o( Maybe we can work something out after the swap. I have a very fruitful Meyer Lemon tree that just keeps on giving. I sent in some seeds to another participant but I did not see it on your list. I think you added it later. :o(

Nancy

15 years ago

Oh, Nancy... You are SO thoughtful! I'd love to see what we both get in the swap and try to work something out afterwords to fill in the gaps, if there is any... Are you also in the "Wow" swap? Just email me, and we can discuss this more! :-D

You know, I totally meant to post on the thread that I had updated my list, too... that'll sure teach me! I'm glad you got your package out early for a change... I'm not quite in the same boat here! :-)

Hey, anyone want something fun to do while you're packing seeds? You can't really watch TV, although you can listen to it or the radio. I just found something really cool! You can read anything that you copy and paste into this thing because it reads it to you... neat little free program... If there's a lot of text you want to "read" without actually reading, you have to try this neat thing! The link is below... (little hint, though, make sure you copy and paste into notepad first then copy and paste into the program from there as it removes the HTML that websites have. Believe me, you don't want to hear all that HTML gibberish... LOL... (You have to use CONTROL/C to copy and CONTROL/V to paste for it to work.)

Blessings,
    Angela

15 years ago

This link is better below. It's another text to speech program, but with better buttons and user friendliness. BE SURE to use the Microsoft Anna voice with it as she is by far the easiest voice to understand. ENJOY packing more seeds for those of use that still are...

Blessings,
    Angela

• sandysgardens
    15 years ago

Angela

I checked my notes and I put 4 different types of tomato packets in your seed package.

Thanks for the links to the speech programs. We are going to give them a try later today.

Sandy

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here is the results of my e-mails I got a response from all except for 3 I will e-mail them all personally
    UPDATED LIST
    1-pattygrow5-I got them packed and in everyones envies
    2 lisam627_ohio_z6-mail by 20th
    3 rbrady-received
    4 sguanzon-received
    5 morguegirl-mail by 20th
    6 ilovefarac-mail by 20th
    7 ncgardengirl-received
    9 austinnhanasmom -received
    10 sybilkrizinski-received
    11 micyrey-received
    12 yotetrapper-received
    13 agirlsgirl-mailing on 20th
    14 roses_more_roses-mail over weekend
    15 jworth-?
    16 duodecad-received
    17 sissifriss-received
    18 jaynine-received
    19 julie_mn-received
    20 sassybutterfly_2008-mailed
    21 velsgardenmail by 29th
    22 ptp813-received
    23 dancinginthegarden-received
    24 ollierose-mail by 20th
    25 patty_b-received
    26 patrob-mailby 20th
    28 threeshyacres-mail by 20th
    30 ggwrn-received
    31 angelady-will mail on 20th
    33 patrushka-mailed
    34 smokymist-mail by 20th
    35 sunset_in-received
    36 dorisl-received
    37 kamiljablo -OUT
    38 maricybele-OUT
    39 anadarko_rose-received
    40 ourhappyhome-?
    41 kalena67-will mail by weekend
    42 dirtdiggin-received
    43 riley17-will mail soon
    44 chellflower-received
    45 ibartoo-OUT
    46 sandysgardens-received
    47 vikingkirken -mailed
    48 esiuol-received
    49 stevenwayne-?
    50 flwrs4ever-mail by 20th
    51 kilngod-received
    52 pufftrinket-received
    53 nikkineel-received
    55 stage_rat-mail by 20th
    56 intelkid-will mail soon
    57 markcase1964-received-received#2
    58 cottageflowers-mail soon
    59 proudgm_03-received
    60 gmom2-6boys-mailed
    61 wishdesign-received
    62 conniesc-received
    64 jaleeisa-mail by 20th
    65 hmacdona-received
    66 grolikecrazy-mail by 20th
    Thanks for a great swap all ask the veterans we didn't think it could be better than last year but thanks to all of you it is.I will do my best to make all of you happy. My favorite part is reading your posts when your seeds arrive.
    Patty

15 years ago

I'm glad us veggie/fruit/herb people weren't left out! Thanks! Oh, I'm getting so excited about what we're all going to get back. :-)

Off to pack more seeds... I think this is my last day packing... I'm running out of seeds!... I think I still have enough for the other swaps I'm in.... Hmmmmmm.... LOL

Blessings,
    Angela

• morguegirl
    15 years ago

Don't Worry Angela, I have some herbs and Veggies for people who have them on their wish list. I know for a fact I have some for you. I can't use the veggies myself(no room) so I will send many of what I had off in this swap.

Amy

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Angela,

My packages were mainly veggies. A few flowers that were requested, but mainly veggies.

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

I just got all my pumpkin seeds cleaned out and dried and ready for anybody who wants them. I have Atlantic Giant pumpkin seeds (produces all the biggest pumpkins in the world -New England record breaking 1443 lb.) , and Musque de Provence pumpkin(said to be tne pumkin model for Cinderella's coach) . There is plenty for everyone on this swap. Just let me know and I'll include them in the packages I'm sending out. Chris

15 years ago

Chris, I'd like some of both, please! I'll shoot an email off as well... Thanks for the offer!

Blessings,
    Angela

• yotetrapper
    15 years ago

I think I sent you some veggie seeds Angela.

15 years ago

I just want to thank everyone who has reassured me that they sent in stuff for me. You are SO sweet... I'm sure all us veggie/fruit/herb people will be happy!

I'm nearing the finish line with my packing, but not done... I swore that I'd stay up until I got it done, but I may have to do the last bit tomorrow night after the kids are in bed instead... whew... almost done....

Blessings,
    Angela

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Chris,

I would like the Atlantic pumpkin please. Thank you.

Mark

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    15 years ago

Hi Patty,

My envelope with out yesterday. I emailed you my delivery confirmation number. Thanks again for all of your hard work!

Lisa

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Chris I would love to have some of the musque de provence seeds! Thanks so much for offering them! Melinda

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello
    I would love some pumpkins please
    thanks a bunch
    michelle

• luvgardening2
    15 years ago

Hi Chris, I would love to have some of the Musque de Provence Pumpkin seeds. Thanks!!!!

Nancy

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

Chris if you have enough of those pumpkins,I would be delighted to have them! Since they are said to be the one Cinderellas coach was modeled after,I would just love to receive them and share them with my BF for her baby girls garden! We are doing a girly ('Sugar,Spice and Everything Nice') garden for her,princesses,fairies,ect...and what is really cute is,her name is Lily,so there will be lots of those too! ;)

I sent in as many veggies as I could. There were a few people that had mainly veggies on their lists, I don't have many that I have enough to share, that were on those lists. So I did send in some I thought would be liked by the person that were not listed.Like if they had a lot of paste tomatoes listed,I have a couple I was very fond of that I sent along. I just wanted to be sure there were enough packets for everyone,so if someone gets a packet from me that was not on their want list,I hope it isn't a problem! If it is, Patty,you can send them back to me, keep them for yourself, or give them to someone else....whatever you do is fine with me. There aren't that many I sent in like that,just a few!:)

Patty,there is alot more veggies in this swap than last year,if there is an overflow of them and you don't have anyone to send them off to,I am open to them even if they aren't listed on my wants! ;)

I have 5 more people to pack up today, hubby just ran out to grab me more envies. So I will be all done by the end of the day! This really has been so much fun,and I agree with Patty,it is so fun watching everyone post as they receive their envy loaded with lots of goodies! Thanks again Patty for hosting this swap again,you are the best!:)

• yotetrapper
    15 years ago

This is the first swap like this I have been in, and the anticipation is killing me. It was so fun packing up everybody's seeds, that I didnt hardly even think about what I might be getting back. Now that my seeds are sent off and safely in patty's hands, the anticipation of what I am going to be getting is strong LOL. I feel like a little kid at Christmas time. So exciting.

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

I can't find roses_more_roses' page i looked hi and low and in the search box too. please please email me with your page link. Chris

• kilngod
    15 years ago

Here is the link --

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Oh Chris, I would also like to have some of each of those pumpkins. They sound WONDERFUL :)

And if you need me to email you a list of roses_more_roses wants, I have them :)

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

Kalena67 ,what do you give someone who has everything? You have no vegetables listed , don't you want any, pumpkins, perhaps, daikon radish, collards, snap peas, bush beans? Chris

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

Chris there is a thread I started that has clickable links to everyones want lists.Are you having a problem linking to it from there? Just in case you dont know about the list,I will link you to it! :)

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

pattygrow5 i cannot figure out from your list what vegrtables you would like , you have none listed! help

• Julie
    15 years ago

Hey there Grolikecrazy- Could I try the GIANT pumpkin as well? Thanks!

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi all Fran it was a slip of the finger when typing velsgarden is mailing by the 20th
    grolikecrazy I don't do a lot of veggies I only have a small strip do mostly flowers
    I still haven't heard from stevenwayne, ourhappyhome and jworth any of you 3 reading this please e-mail me I sent
    e-mails to all of them again last night
    hey from me and Angie what do you call 53 men watching the super bowl? The Baltimore Ravens.LOL
    GO STEELERS
    Patty

15 years ago

Hahahahahahahaha!!! Ooooh, no... you're not going to BELIEVE what just happened...

I read the joke to my husband while he was watching TV... he laughed and laughed and said he really liked that joke... Then, I proceed to ask him what that meant really, who did they just lose to? He didn't laugh at all because HE WAS WATCHING THAT VERY GAME THAT HE HAD RECORDED FROM EARLIER TONIGHT! Holy cow! I had NO idea how badly I just ruined his night!

Blessings,
    Angela

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Ahhh, Angela... that stinks! SORRY HONEY, I had NO idea, but you can STILL watch for the Highlights...

My best friend and her SO are Steelers Fans so I am sure they are happy...

OH Patty, thank goodness. I was SOOOOOO worried! I have been getting questions about it and was like I don't KNOW...now I do...hehe
    Thanks for letting me know!
    I am SOOOO excited about getting a package, I can't wait to get it...I feel like I did when I was little waiting for Christmas morning...

WOOHOOO and WOOT WOOT!!!

• velsgarden
    15 years ago

Hey Fran,had yall worried didnt I.When I saw it I knew Patty must have hit the wrong key.I thought ohno everyones going to kill me.I would not delay this robin,Im so excitedly awaiting to see what we all get.It is like a little kid at xmas...velvet

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Chris I would LOVE some of your Musque de Provence pumpkin if you have any left! Thanks!!

Hope everyone's doing well, we've all had bad colds here, just takin' it easy and tryin to get well!

~Wendy

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Chris, I would be interested in any tomato seeds that you may have extra of. My hubby and I were just talking about what to put in the veggie garden last night. My family likes canteloupe, watermelon, tomatoes, cumcumbers, and green beans. Would be interested in anything unusual, fun for the kids! But if you've got everything ready for Patty, or have it mailed, please don't worry about me!! I wasn't able to send to everyone either. I really wanted to though!!

Patty, I'm going to have my daughter mail off my seeds today. I'll post when they've made it to the P.O.

Have a good day everyone!
    Karen

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

I planned on mailing out my package today, but read on another thread the the P.O.'s are closed today. I will have them out tomorrow.

Karen

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

My seeds are also ready but couldn't mail. I will mail first thing in the am! thanks, Melinda