Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beth_b_kodiak

Secret Squirrel is getting restless.

beth_b_kodiak
17 years ago

It's that time of year again and the squirrel is climbing the curtains! He will soon be going door to door searching for his favorite snack. It's a challenge. It's a game. Who will be first to give either "Nuts" or "Chipster" their favorite snack?

RR/swap will last the month of Feb and each player will send /receive 4 small gifts AND a visit from one of the nut seeking rodents. Players send one gift each week... limit of $5.00 each........full rules posted later today. Max of 10 players.

Let the gathering of the nuts begin.

Comments (150)

• diene
    17 years ago

Hello Beth;
    I guess I am the only one not upset as I must be the person getting two peoples boxes. Cool!!! I can resend one of the boxes if you let me know where it was supposed to go. I just have to go back and make sure I still have everything that was sent or replace it if I already ate it. Please let me know. diene

• llbean
    17 years ago

Klick~
    Hi.. I got the cutest nut cracker today.. I love it.. I can't believe all the cute squirrel things that you are finding... Thanks so much.. Believe it or not.. I have never owned a nutcracker.. I am so excited.. AND it was delivered to ME.... YEAH..
    Beth~
    Ou can decided what to do and I will play along.. You just name it and I am game.. My second box was sent and I sent it to Diene, So if you want I can send the next box to whomever it needs to go to.. No problems here... Whatever is easiest..
    Just email me and let me know..
    Laura

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Klick, I'm hanging!!!!! Where in the world do you find all these nifty pictures?
    Diene, I think I'll take that offer. I will contact you. When the second box arrives please forward it to Susan B. Laura if you then send #'s 3&4 direct to Susan we will be fine.
    I'll check in with both of you.
    Carol, you had me scared there. I had to come and re-read what I had written.
    Confused??? Who's confused??? Not ME. Never HA HA HA hA HA
    I'm just squirrley?

• susandonb
    17 years ago

So, does this mean I keep sending to my assigned pal? fortunately I am behind all of you and havn't mailed out #2 yet. It was going out Monday.

Cant wait to start getting some sqirrely stuff I feel so behind the times. :)

Really when you think about it, this swap is rather squirrly in its outcome, goodies hidden in lots of different places and all of us scurrying around trying to remember where all the goodies are hidden! :)

• susandonb
    17 years ago

I got my first SS package today and it was great! I got an adorable wooden hangin sign for the door that says, "Welcome to the Nut House" I also got a really adorable squirrel garden pick. I just got some new pots to put plants on my front porch so he is going into one of those.
    And of course I got a peanut bar and some candy treats.

Can't wait for the next one!
    Thank you SS pal,
    Susan in NC

• diene
    17 years ago

Hello All;
    Okay, I have this straight now I think. I have a package to send out for Laura tomorrow that will find the right person and we will be back on track. You know this is just like a squirrel in the road, forward, back, forward again. It fits the theme. Happy Valentine's Day to all. diene

• sweetkitten51
    17 years ago

Hey !! Guess what??!! A secret squirrel box found it way to my house yesterday.
    It contained a jar of homemade blackbery jam,a snowman tea towel, a dry marker & meno broad,5 bottles of nail polish,a manicure set with make up brushes,a candle,and a small broken jar.
    Nuts was hidding in his box also, with Snickers.(They didn't last long with the two teens here.LOL)
    THANK YOU, Carol.
    Happy Valentine, Every body!!!

• diene
    17 years ago

okay here is the story. there is a box on the way to sue which has her one and two packages together (I was too cheap to send them separately). The DC is 01038555749901743553. I am not returning or forwarding any more neat stuff that come to my house so be forwarned!! Only kidding. My third package is out the door mostly because we are supposed to be buried tomorrow. DC on that one is 01038555749891257795. Hope everyone is having as much fun as I am. diene

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hi all
    I did not get a week two box, has it been shiped yet? if not thats fine I just wanted to check. with all the hickups last week I may have gotten skiped. I also don't want my secret pal to think I didn't thank them, it just never got here.
    michelle

• susandonb
    17 years ago

Hi All, I mailed out Kathleens #2 box today and it went priority. I will be mailing out # 3 on Friday or Saturday. Then I will have #4 left going out the following Friday.

I am on track, I got my week #1 waiting on #2.

Thank you,
    Susan in NC

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    17 years ago

HI Michelle, The mail by date was the 10th so it is not late yet. give it a couple days before you even start to worry.
    I think all the hitches that I created have been ironed out and are getting straight.
    The weather and the PO are something to consider too. The first package that I mailed to veeja took 9 days by priority mail. I was beginning to sweat on that one.
    Rita, glad to see that you got a box AND that Nuts Finally found his way there. He will need to keep hurrying to catch up with chips. Good thing he has had practice. Chips is new to all this.
    Did the kids share the Snickers with you and Nuts?. Snickers get Nuts swinging but they are not quite his favorite. Now it's your turn to guess.
    By the way... where IS Chips???? Still on the East Coast??

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Hi girls. Well, I've been really sick with this bad cold. Even today I was sweating up a storm while packing up several items for shipment. I was afraid the postal workers would think I was on drugs the way I looked.

Chips left my house today on his way to his next stop with my guess on his favorite snack.

As for where I find my squirrel images... it's just a matter of long searches online for the funniest or cutest ones I can find.

Back to my napping... I have clinicals tomorrow and simply can't miss one day. :( {{gwi:1234409}}

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Package #2 went out to my Secret Pal the other day. It should be arriving shortly. Our weather has been horrible! 12" of snow so far, and more expected tomorrow.

Deb

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

hey beth, i received a package from you and i'm not even in this swap LOL. a cute little girl and squirrel and a very strong smelling candle.

thanks!

stay warm everyone
    maryanne

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Deb

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Gift #3 went out yesterday for llbean... probably the cutest and funniest one out of the lot. *grin* I hope it arrives in one piece because I left the house somewhat unprepared to mail it. Duh! I blame being sick.

Happy V-Day to all my SS friends! This has been so fun!!! {{gwi:1234411}}

• veeja11
    17 years ago

sweet kitten the box was for week one two and three, you forgot about sally she tied the gifts to a squirrel, 4 will be off soon the jar had the candle in it sorry it broke. hugs carol

• sandlapper_rose
    17 years ago

My week #3 package got mailed today. I hope the lady I send to starts to feel better. You can't see them, but there are get well wishes tucked in the package. As for the folks who are finding items with squirrels on them, I have checked several stores and not an item with a squirrel on it in any of them. I think we have too many of the "real thing" for any squirrel items to sell well.
    Glad we can make up a story to tie the items in the package to the squirrel theme. Good thinking, Beth!

Happy Valentine's Day to all in the group!

Sandlapper

• diene
    17 years ago

Hello All;
    Came home today and found a wonderful package from Susan, she is my real secret squirrel (not that the fake one was bad, but...). She sent a lovely metal container that could be used as a planter but she filled one side with sunflower seeds so I guess I am supposed to use it to feed the silly squirrels. The other side of this lovely container was filled with chocolate which is of course, not going to be fed to the squirrel (I draw the line). Thanks, Susan, it is great!! diene

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Looking forward to this next package, Sandlapper... especially the magical get well wishes. :) I finally got to the Dr's office where they prescribed a number of items that have cut my coughing down to practically nothing. I even got a good nap in for 2 hours. That was really nice.

As for finding squirrel items, I found all of mine online. And I've very much enjoyed getting your packages, Sandlapper! We have plenty squirrels in the backyard that fulfill the quota for this exchange. LOL

Hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day. I got a lovely necklace and dark chocolate from my hubby. He got a night of peace from me. ;)

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

My second package arrived. Thanks so much Secret Squirrel!
    My Squirrel sent a suet cake/holder, package of Hosta seeds (which is already winter sown), Marjolein Bastin calendar!

Thanks soooo much Squirrel, I love everything!

Deb

• veeja11
    17 years ago

I think I received a ss robin or I have a super generous pal who sent me a garden of seeds, If they are all for me, thankyou pal if not where do they go next. hugs carol

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Klick, glad to hear that the medications are helping. Hope you keep right on improving.
    Carol If you tie breakables fast to squirrels you should be prepared for disasters.
    Jeanne, those are cute little squirrels. I have watched for and collected squirrley items all year but I know they are not real easy to find. You may be right that a surplus of the real thing would not make people wish for more.
    Hope everyone is managing to stay warm

• diene
    17 years ago

I arrived home today and had another package, this time from Beth. Not only did she compensate me for the postage to get the boxes heading in the proper directions but I received a tip and a lovely frame with the saying "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun!" My new words to live by (like that will be a big change!!). Thanks Beth. diene

• sweetkitten51
    17 years ago

Nuts left my house this morning with goodies.

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Where's llbean? I think it was mentioned in another thread that she was having computer problems... if you happen to stop by, Laura, I was wondering if I could pick your brain on something non-garden related via email? :)

Oh, and here's the obligatory squirrel pic... {{gwi:1234413}}

• susandonb
    17 years ago

I believe I got my #2 and 3 box today. I got a package from Kathleen with goodies in it and another box that was addressed to her from someone else. So I think this means I should be getting one more week. My #3 should be going out on Tuesday.

I got some wonderful Banana Nut Bread scented shower gel and body butter, oh my gosh is that getting used tonight! I also got a bath scrubbie, cookie dough candy and 3 adorable country style cottages were in the other box.

Thank you to my secret squirrels.

Susan

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hello
    I got my box#2 with a big tray of "NUTS" every squirrels fav goodie.
    and two bars of great smelling soap(I like to put these in my dresser makes my cloths smell good)
    and a bottle of shower gel also great smelling.
    thanks squirrely
    michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hi
    I forgot to post my box #3 went out on thursday, I wanted to send tusday but we had too much snow monday night, about 14".
    michelle

• llbean
    17 years ago

yeah I am back from being banished.. I am not sure why but I was unable to post... But here I am and I am here to tell you that the naughty squirrel chips stoped by with a SASSY attitude... He broght em rome "raisens" and a cnadle called smell my nuts... Can you believe that I was LMBO, what a naughty funny squirrel..
    Chips will be leaving my house and on his naughty little way today.. With that kinda attitude who needs him here in Michigan Ha ha..
    Thanks Klick I love the candle and I can not stop laughing..
    Laura

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    17 years ago

It sounds like everything has finally gotten straightened out. HOORAY and many thanks to those who helped with that. With this beings squirrley bunch I knew we could do it, just wasn't sure of the "Best" way. It was just a matter of: Getter done and we done it!!!
    It sounds like everyone is getting fun and generally tasty gifts.Banana nut bread sounds really good and
    Laura and Klick, the Smell my nuts candle would have cracked me up too. Where in the world did you find that?????
    Secret Squirrel has just declared that an instant winner. The bells are ringing and the lights are flashing,here at the home base. Secret Squirrel is throwing nuts and twitching his tail. What a guy. What a group. LOL

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Glad you, Laura, and Beth enjoy the idea of the "Smell My Nuts" candle! I laughed so hard when seeing it and *knew* it had to enter this swap.

{{gwi:1234415}}

Should I give away the source of my *secret*??? :)

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

My 3rd package is going out Monday.
    Love the "Smell my nuts" candle! LOL!

Deb

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Laura, now that you're back online... would you mind if I email you about something outside of gardening? Sorta about our profession. I just had a few questions for you. :)

• sandlapper_rose
    17 years ago

Diene -
    I was away for the weekend and came home to a package on the porch. That was a nice surprise. I got a kit to grow cilantro, a pretty heart shaped container, and a decorative rock that says "Harvest the seeds of love" - I love things like that so thanks for the great package.
    Sandlapper

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Kitten, I just found sally skunk so guess I didn't send her,sorry I will get her in the next box. sorry hugs carol

• faintheart
    17 years ago

I received my third great package from my squirrelly pal over the weekend. Inside was a neat squirrel feeder with an ear of corn that I've been watching since I put out!!! They haven't found it yet but I am sure they will. I've got the camera handy "just in case". Also two of the latest BHG magazines which are great! I love reading the articles for spring ideas...and a cute notepad was sent too! Thank you soooooo much, dear pal! I love it all! ;)

Dee

• klickitat
    17 years ago

My 4th and last package will be going out today. It's probably the most "practical" one of all. May have to find a few "fillers". :)

{{gwi:1234416}}

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OH Klick I LOVE that Picture. I believe it too. They are such curious little devils and they would probably like Budweiser.
    Personally I don't want my resident squirrels to get any wiser so I'm not leaving the Bud out where they can find it.
    Package # 4 should be going out this week. Hopefully by Saturday.
    Nuts and Chips should be getting almost to the home stretch. It will soon be time for squirrels to be spring cleaning their nests and making room for new babies. Cute,cute, cute, But, in somebody else's yard please.

• diene
    17 years ago

Hello All;
    My last package shipped today. I finally found things that I think really match the theme. This was fun and the little SNAFU made it more fun. Thanks to all. By the way, I realized I did not send the package of shasta daisy seeds that really do not belong to me. C'ie la vie. diene

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hello all
    I got my third package today with a trail mix bag and a large plant marker.
    nuts was also in the bok with paenut butter cups.
    I will try to get him back in the mail tomarrow, but I'm confused as to where to send him. one letter inside says to send him to my buddy the other says to send him home. please let me know rightaway I will be going out of town tomarrow and will not be back till friday.
    thanks michelle

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Trail Mix! I think my yard squirrels would go a little nutz over that.
    AND, Peanut Butter cups!! My favorite candy
    My favorite but unfortunately NOT Secret Squirrel's fav.
    Michelle,it's your turn to guess.
    Have a safe trip.
    Beth B

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hello
    nuts will be on his way today. but I will be going out of town after I drop him off, so I will not be able to post DC#. I will be back on friday and he will prob be to his next stop by then.
    I had a goodie delivered yesterday and he just kept begging for it so I gave in and let him have it.
    I'm such a sucker
    so watch out Dee he is comming your way
    michelle

• llbean
    17 years ago

Klick~ Yes email me anytime.. You said ou were working on your masters too? I got my MSN 4 years ago and had to write a thesis.. I did it on Woman's knowledge of cardiovascular risk factors.. I won Nurse Investagator of the year.. Pretty cool...
    I got my final gift today and I thank you very much. It is so cool that you sent that to me I am going up North this summer to look for some Ostrich Fern I guess they are native here. Klick sent me a really cool map lookin thing that has all the plants native to Michigan, and some great smelling lotion and some super gingery altoids..
    Thanks

Susan~
    I sent out your gifts together for 3-4 because I misaddressed week 3 and it came back to me. So 3-4 will be there soon in one box...

Laura

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Thanks for the email, Laura. I'll write back to you in a little bit. Glad you liked the booklet on MI trees and plants. When I bought it the description was that it was a BOOK! When it arrived I nearly died because it was just a laminated pamphlet. :) Hope it works out for you. I'm going to get one for myself for this part of the country.

Beth... something heading your way!!!!

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Pkg #4 went out today, hope sally dosen't escape, she is sad that she missed nuts and may try to go after him, she has a crush ya know. Beth this has been one fun swap as it always is. It is my favorite yearly swap. thankyou beth and sassy for your excellent graphics. hugs carol

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

I didn't have a chance to mail out the 3rd package on Monday. The post office was closed, and Tuesday/Wed I had too much to do to make it to the post office.

Both my boxes #3 and #4 went out today (by priority).

Deb

• sandlapper_rose
    17 years ago

My fourth and final package will go out today. Hope you like it, pal. Did you receive package number 3? It should have been there by now.
    Beth, thanks again for being our hostess.
    Sandlapper

• sweetkitten51
    17 years ago

Hi Everybody
    My fourth week package is going out in today's mail.
    Sorry it's late but this has been a fast week here.
    I am still waiting to get my 4th week package.
    This has been a lot of fun.(My room mate is thinking about joining in some swaps.She thinks I'm having too much fun.)

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Looks like time to start a NEW Thread
    I'll miss all these cute graphics but it's time

Sponsored
Closet America
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars133 Reviews
Northern Virginia, Baltimore & DC Metro's Closet Organization Company