Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
Secret Squirrel is getting restless.

Posted by beth_b_kodiak MD zone 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 17, 07 at 9:05

It's that time of year again and the squirrel is climbing the curtains! He will soon be going door to door searching for his favorite snack. It's a challenge. It's a game. Who will be first to give either "Nuts" or "Chipster" their favorite snack?
RR/swap will last the month of Feb and each player will send /receive 4 small gifts AND a visit from one of the nut seeking rodents. Players send one gift each week... limit of $5.00 each........full rules posted later today. Max of 10 players.
Let the gathering of the nuts begin.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Secret Squirrel is getting restless.

And Beth, YOU are one of the Biggest Nuts!

o

Hey, TMA, you let the squirrel out of the tree! Now who will be nutty enough to join my swap?
Here is the rest of the info for those who might be interested.
This is a two part, fast moving swap/ round robin.
Part one:
each player gets a partner and will send their partner a surprise for each week in Feb.
The surprise must in some way relate to squirrels OR trees and your challenge is to find crazy stuff and explain how it relates to squirrels and/or trees.
For example, you could send a pretty pair of ear rings because squirrels love shiny stuff OR a bottle of vitamins to give your buddy more energy for chasing the squirrels out of her trees.
Part two:
Secret squirrel and his buddy Chips will be going from house to house begging for snacks. Be thinking about what you will give him because there will be a prize for the first player who gives one of the rodents his favorite snack.
You get to keep/eat the snack that SS brings. Then send him on to the next player with a sample of your choice for his favorite snack. The next player posts what snack he brought and sends him on with a new guess. Be ready to send him on ASAP after his arrival as he gets restless and into mischief at this time of the year.
Keep the snack light, It's just a sample and the snack/rodent combo will probably weigh less than a pound for thrifty shipping.
The $5.00 limit on the surprises is a MAX figure. You can get by with less and creativity-nuttiness is the name of the game. The rodents are now in training to bite anyone who ignores the limit.
If you sign up, please state very briefly how you feel about squirrels.
I say,"cute, but NIMBY"

o

ME!!!!!!! Sign me up!

o

hello
oh please can I play, I love squirrels. I have red/brn hair and my DH says I look like a squirrel. I also have as many squirrel feeders as bird feeders.
on the secret squirrel treat box is this a treat for the traders or for the squirrels, it would be embarising if I sent the wrong one.
please let me know
michelle

o

Hello Beth;
It has been quite a while since I was involved with anything with you. I think this sounds like a blast and I spend plenty of time chasing squirrels away from my bird feeders. I'm in. Thanks. diene

o

Beth...you're killin' me here! Well, I just can't possibly be in this one at this time, so sorry. I'll moving in the house approximately 2nd/3rd week in Feb. and I just can't do it. I'm over whelmed now trying to pack, and with 20 years of 'stuff' built up in this house, I am going nuts around here packing and chunking in the dumpster! I did come up with a great plan though! We've always had furniture kinda thrown together, so we bought all new and will be donating the furniture left here, (which is alot) to my Mom's church for auctions, etc....to raise money. They're having to build a new church because some idiot teenagers broke into it and burned it down after they had stolen everything they wanted, so they need all the help they can get..... Anyway sorry didn't mean to get off on that....

I wish you the very best girlfriend! And all of you signing up, you will have a blast in this swap! and expect to see me, cause Beth knows I LOVE this swap! *Sniffles* I've waited so long for it and now can't join.....I gonna go cry now for a wittle bit

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

Beth, this was so much fun last year. I want to play again!
Sassy, we will miss you. Not only was it fun to have you in the group, but you also have so many great squirrel pictures that you added as we went along. Love the one with the Snickers bar. LOL
Good luck with the move.
Beth, thanks for doing this to help us get through the nasty winter (non-gardening) weather.

o

I am still a bit fuzzy on how this works but please sign me up. My first official swap on the GW, I am soooo excited!

Thanks Susan in NC
PS, I love squirrels they are the best rodent!

o

Oh SassyD we will really miss you. You added so much to the swap last year and asJeannie said your graphics are the greatest. I love the squirrels with the Snickers and the hula hoop.
Klick, you're in
Michelle, the treat is for the squirrel. You are trying to guess his favorite snack. Remember though that squirrels will eat almost anything but it is rumored that they prefer..... RED peanut M&Ms...... anything chewy, crunchy, chocolaty,sweet, you get the idea. (snickers) The next person can choose to share the treat with Nuts or Chips or let the furrys in her yard have it. So, either way, you are OK
I was camping once and had a squirrrel chew right through a plastic jar to get into the peanut butter. They are hungry little critters.
Diene, yes it has been a while but welcome back. It will be fun to have you join the rest of the nuts.
Jeannie, welcome. I'm sure glad you can join us again.
Susan, I tried to send you a note but the message says your email is blocked. Could you just click on my "send me an email" thing on the member page OR unblock youe email on your page.

o

I tried to add my squirrel comment last evening but GardenWeb wouldn't let me post two messages in a row, so here it is:
How I feel about squirrels - they taunt my dog. Poor dog, she doesn't deserve that.
(However, Nuts or Chipster or whoever it was who came to visit last year was well behaved and Beth, you make this swap a lot of fun.)
I had forgotten about the hula hoop graphic - that was a great one, too. Sassy, even if you can't join in - send us a picture during February! LOL

o

Beth,
I went to my page info and I have the "allow members to email you" checked. I don't know why it isn't working. I really don't want to make my email visible from the site but if the form email is not working I don't know what else to do.

Let me know what to do about this, remember I am new to this site, so I may be doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Susan

o

Beth,
Please include me! We had so much fun last year doing this, I'm sure it will be lots of fun again!

Deb

o

I want in of course, Sassy please post the occasional graphic for us, you are a squirrel expert. hugs carol

o

I would love to join this year! As for my feelings about them...did you know that they are all "ninjas in the night" who lead their band of followers to my hostas??? They stand watch while all their friends enjoy the buffet! *sigh* Here's my proof!!!
~Faint

o

I count eight nutty gardeners so far.
Klickitat
Mickeyrey
Diene
Sandlapper rose
Susan B
DebA
Veeja
Faintheart
Faintheart, I love the masked raider. I generally blame hosta damage on Deer but maybe I need to watch more closely.
Last year my buddie sent me a mug (I'm a mug collector) with a masked bandit squirrel on it. He never fails to make me smile and remind me of the crazy/fun bunch here at GW.
Sassy D we'll still be missing you but at the same time, want to welcome newcomer Susan B... who just happens to share my last name.
I'll need snail mail addresses for some of you and hope to let everyone know your partner late next week. That way we can be ready to mail the first packages by Feb 1.

o

I'M READY TO PLAY!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

o

May I play too?????

o

I'm probably going to be going "nuts" trying to figure this one out but can I play too?

Let me know if I can join this fun RR
Laura

o
oh yeah

I forgot to post..
Squirrels.. hmm.. Well, I think that they are cute when they are not eating all my birdfood up. My DS has named the biggest one in our yard "fats" as he is HUGE..

o

Awwe, thanks girls, I'm gonna miss it so much, but I'll be aggravating you enough, when I can! lol

Beth...I emailed you, assuming you didn't get it, sorry.

Carol....Faint & Klick are trying to take my throne! lol
JK! I don't know which one I love the most...Dee with that Ninja or Klick with that snaggled toothed devel lookin' squirrel! Love them both girls! Dee, I'm afraid Klick's could take him, he looks ANGRY!! lol I know those Ninja's are bad....but think I may have to run for it! lol

Naaaaa.....this is what I'd be doing after I ate all your good food.....(For Beth & Jeanne)

Love you girls, will check in when I can...

o

Don't worry Sassy no one can out do your squirrels, you are the number one nut. hugs carol

o

Beth as always you've planned another great squirrel
adventure :)) wish i could play but other comitments .

but I just wanted to share a picture to you all that show's all god's critters need love :))

have a great time ladies
susie

o

Sweet Kitten, I sent you an email. ineed to hear from you.
LAura, you are in and welcome aboard. What did you feed to your squirrel??? He looks like he might run away from home.
Sassy, I think at this time of year we all need to practise with our hula hoops, maybe on a beach in Hawaii.
Susie, that's a cute cute picture. How in the world did you sneak that squirrel in there??
We got a bit of snow today and the squirrels were all playing tag in the pecan trees. They looked very happy.

o

Beth do you still have the pic you posted last year of the squirrel in the snow? Would love to see it again, I really loved that pic......and was so fitting for the swap.)

o

OMG!!! Susie! Are those pups available for adoption? They're sooooooo cute!!!

o

Can't find the pic Sassy D was talkng about but here is my "Guard Squirrel" standing guard after yesterday's touch of snow

Seems he's doing a good job. The rest of the squirrels are high up in the trees.
this is Reds on guard duty. He does not like to travel and keeps saying he wants to go back to AK.

o

Hi all, I'd like to share my favorite squirrel image... but I don't know how to add images to messages when there is no upload button provided.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Elizabeth

o

the squirrel was an orphan &was bottle fed it adopted the pups as its sibling , these were taken along while back .

susie

o

Here's who the squirrels in my yard think they REALLY are!

o

Why is this about to fall off the board? lol

Well I gotta do what I gotta do....

o
Well...

If that doesn't do it for ya, then lets see what you think about this one........Carol? This is you! (Girl, I didn't know you had all those moves!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go girl!

o

I will be posting the names for partners today and I will post the travel route for the roaming rodents as soon as I do "connect the dots with the zip codes"
Sassy D, Do you want to be the secret keeper of the favorite foods??? Since you are not playing this year I can tell you what two foods the squirrel and the chipster are looking for this year. Just to keep me honest you know.
Players, if you have not posted how you feel about squirrels,it might make a difference......

o
OH I forgot

I just realized that I never posted that sweet kitten51 and llbean will be numbers 9&10 for this swap.
I'd say it was a senior moment but it seems to have lasted all week. I'd say LOL but it's not very funny.
Sorry ladies.
BB

o

Oh, I'd love it Beth! At least I'd still feel a part of it, thank you!

o

I have all of the addresses now! Yippee!!
You should have received the name and address of who you are sending too by now. IF you don't have it please get in touch with me.
Some have said they are going to try to keep their identity secret. This is fine as long as you realize that the PO will not deliver anything without a legitemate return address.
Time to get ready to run. Please, mail BY..... the 3rd,10th,17th and 24th. Earlier is OK. Later is not OK.
Packages should be relatively small and light and might even go first class rather than priority. Now, if you made something big and really squirrley (within your $5.00 limit), how you ship/deliver is up to you.
The squirrels Chips and Nuts are ready to run. They have their goodies packed and are leaving today headed NORTH. When they arrive, keep the snack and give him a new one to take on to the next nut house. What you send is your one and only guess about their favorite snacks. The first person who guesses correctly will get a prize.
OOOPS NO route will be posted. Directions are in the box.

o
RE: addresses

At least two people have not gotten the name and address for their swap partner????? I sent most of them through GW which may have not been the best idea.
I hope everyone in the swap sees this and lets me know if they still do not have a name and address of who they are sending to.
How about, just as a double check..... send me a brief note saying I'm sending to"Betty Boop".
Thanks Beth

o

hello beth
I got my buddy and address
thanks michelle

o

I don't got a buddy ;(

o

Carol, I just sent it again.
That makes at least 4 where the mail did not arrive :q(
This has me a bit worried. I sure don't want anyone left out because they did not get the message about who was their buddy for this swap.
I know Nuts and Chips did not mess with the stuff because they were already taped into their boxes and ready to leave. Those guys were rareing to go! February is a short month and I wonder if they can make it around the country and be back here by the end of the month??

o

Got my buddy! Can't wait to get started!

o

Hi Beth,
I didn't get my Pal's info yet by email. I'll post when the information arrives.

Deb

o

Beth,
My Pal's info made it through. Thanks for resending it.

Deb

o

I got mine, will be mailing out soon.
Thanks,
Susan

o

hello
my box #1 is on the way.
michelle

o

Hello All;
Had I any brains I would have been expecting Nuts & Chips because he was heading north and I am way north!! But I was surprised to see him waiting for me when I arrived home this evening. He had a package of "Peanut Butter Bars" from a company called Atkinson Candy Company in Lufkin Texas. The bag says they are known worldwide for having the best peanut butter candies. We,Yankees,do not believe anything good comes from Texas!! (only kidding, sort of) Beth also included a small gift which was very nice. He (or she) will be back on the road tomorrow with a treat that I am sure will please. I also will be sending my first box. This is already fun. Of course, I am sending the box south as there is no one any further north than I. Happy February!! Let the fun begin. By the way, I am not sure I ever explained that I am not enamoured by squirrels. They drive my cat nuts, we have lots of oak trees hence tons of ammo and they do seem to be throwing the acorns at the cat. It does not make the cat very happy. Bye for now. diene

o

Hey Diene, no acorns here but the squirrels throw pecans at me and at my truck, That seems like such a waste. Now, the blue jays are trying to steal the pecans from the squirrels so the squirrels are hanging on to them for dear life. It's amusing to watch but I'm rooting for the blue jays.
I have some good friends from Texas but I sure don't care for their summer weather. What else good comes from Texas? Well, oil but we have a good bit of that in Alaska too.
Good luck on your snack guess.
BB

o

I mailed my first package today. Hope it gets to my pal okay. I'll be watching the board to see.
Brrr! It will be a cold night here tonight. We are supposed to get some sleet. Glad I got to the post office today.

o

It's good to hear that packages are already traveling.
Now, does anyone besides Jeanne, Sandlapper remember what Secret Squirrel's favorite food was last year????

o

hey beth, i missed this swap. it was fun last year and by the way, i do remember his favorite treat(s)...but since i'm not playing, i won't answer. i'm sure someone else remembers :)

maryanne

o

My frist box is on its way.

Sweetkitten51

o

Hello All;
The squirrel is moving again and I also sent my first box. I did not play last year so I hope I did not try to feed the squirrel the same craved last year. Happy Groundhog Eve. Tomorrow will tell. diene

o

Woooooohoooooo!!! When I got home from work, there was a squirrelly package waiting for me. Inside is the CUTEST (and I mean REALLYYYYYYY CUTE) lil squirrel you have ever seen! No ninja suit...he's holding a lil acorn and makes the cutest sounds. This is one squirrel I adore! ;) Also in my package are three dormant columbines!!! (They are in my unheated porch now.) I am SO excited to see them this spring. If my wish list was up-to-date, columbines would be there! There are lots of things I don't even know I want yet. lol The card is so cute too with a lil masked squirrel bandit on it with a note like someone asking for a ransom would make by cutting letters out of a magazine that says "Hand over the sunflower seeds & no one will get hurt!"

Thank you sooooooo much, dear pal!!! What a fun surprise!

Hugs,
~Faint

o

My first Secret Squirrel box is on its way! I ordered it online and am having it shipped directly from the seller so one of you has to figure out who I am once it arrives.

Hope my friend enjoys it!

o

Diene sent me a cute picture of Chips enjoying the snow up there in Maine. Sorry to say, I can't figure out how to get it into this message :q(

Chips was not as cold as this guy but it sounded like he was heading for warmer places. Wimpy Squirrel. He would have never made it in Fairbanks. LOL

o

o

I have a Secret Squirrel visitor at my house! It's rather cold here today - he may think he is still in Maine.
Beth, will you be telling me who to send him to next? I will pick up a snack over the weekend and try to mail him out on Monday. The snack he brought to me was Peanut Brittle.
(Just like last year, my dog thought it was a toy for her, but I put him in a safe spot where she can't get to him. I think she is anxious to show those outdoor squirrels a thing or two by getting to the toy one!)

o

I'm not in such a rush now and went back to look at mail. I think I've got this figured out. I mail the "visitor" to the person I send my weekly packages to... right? Also, found the little gift tucked inside by Beth. Thanks, Beth! Also, forget to thank the person who sent to me earlier. I got some napkins with a smiling sun on them... sure needs a thought like that in the cold today... and some Almond Body Cream (will try that on my chapped hands... sure need something) and also a skin care product to try out. (You're right, squirrels love the sun and anything with a nut fragrance/taste!)
Thanks again to both of you.

o

My first package is on it's way as of Thursday.. I have confirmation if something happens... I am eagerly waiting that sneaky squirrel..

Laura

o

hello
I got my first box today,
it had a bunch of packets of pop corn ( timmy and I love this)
some loose nuts ( my squirrels will love these)
and corn bread muffin mix, in a cloth bag shaped like a cob of corn.
thank you very much "SASSY SQUIRREL"
we had some of the popcorn tonight yummmm
michelle

o

Doing a Roll Call here. Looking for Carol Veeja, Susan B and Deb A. Hope you are all doing OK. You have not posted yet that you have mailed to your buddies so I'm chacking to see.
Also, Where is Nuts the Squirrel????? Did he find a lady friend and decide to settle in for the winter? Chips is making good time but nuts seems to be missing in action.
One guess posted so far, on favorite snack. Peanut brittle is a great guess but not one of the lucky ones for this year. Sorry Diene.
Nice gifts going here too, Popcorn and corn bread sound like tasty treats and almond butter sounds definately good enough to eat. Even if you were not squirrley ;o)
Maryanne, if you want to claim a prize on remembering the squirrel's favorite snack from last year, go ahead. Looks like no one else remembers.

o
RE: Secret Squirrel in Minnesota

I checked the USPS delivery confirmation system and it says the squirrel was in Minnesota on Friday.
Well, that is NORTH but not where I expected him to be. Wonder where he went from there? Guess the PO wanted him to get the full senic tour of the USA.
He is a good traveler and helped me navigate on the trip from Alaska so i'm sure he will find his way again.
Beth

o

Chips and my week #2 package left early this morning. It's good that Chips is staying on track. Here is the confirmation number: 0306 1070 0005 2860 2530.
Stay warm, everyone! I think it's cold here and I know it is much, much worse in other places.

o

Hello Beth et al;
I did not realize their were two little critters running around the country. I also thought I should mention I took the green gift in case you are wondering. I also wanted to keep your address but that did not happen due to my own lunacy. Can you send me your address? I have had several addresses for you over the years but I do not have one today. Thanks. diene

o

Gosh, I hope my recipient receives their item this week. The online store sent a shipping confirmation number which I'll keep secret until the person gets the package. :) No point in giving away my recipient's identity until they post here. The next box should be ready to go out by Friday.

o
SS packages!

My Secret Squirrel arrived today! Inside the nutty package was a set of snowy recipe cards, wintery tissue case, and a handmade snowman card. How wonderful! Thank you, secret friend!

And according to the USPS DC site my first package arrived this morning at my recipient's door. Please check your mail! If you're lost as to who your Secret Squirrel friend is then it's me!

o

beth thanks....if i remember correctly, i believe it was almond m&m's and chocolate chip cookies? i kind of remember the m&m's, because that was the very first time i ever ate them!

stay warm everyone
maryanne

o

Hi All,
Ok I am not sure what happened but I posted on Friday that I mailed out. Guess my post didnt go through. I mailed out on Friday, it was late in the day so I am not sure it went out that day. Should be arriving soon.

Bye,
Susan

o
Next mailing: Secret Squirrel is getting restless.

Hi Again,
My second week box will be going out on Friday. I will post Friday night to confirm.

Thanks,
Susan

o

Yep, Maryanne....Mother Squirrel Beth will tell us, but I thought M&M's were one thing Jeanne won for last year....just couldn't remember the other one.

Looks like you girls are having fun!

o

I got my buddies name but need an addy. I hope i am not too late, brain is frozen, hang in there buddy. hugs carol

o

hi everyone
my 2nd box is packed and ready to go tomarrow.
my son timmy put the nuts out for the squirrels, we have a feeder right at the window, about 3" away from the glass. we two visitors today, they thank you.
michelle

o

I received a really nice package from my Secret Squirrel! "Heavenly Goddess Hybrid" Sunflower seeds! Plus, a sunflower journal, sunflower notecards, sunflower magnetic paper pad, snickers candy!

Thanks so much Secret Squirrel for the great package!

Deb

o

Hi girls. My second Secret Squirrel package is ready to go. Since I'm heading to the post office to mail other items this one will go out as well. Hope my recipient liked her first gift. If not, this one might do fairly well.

o

My week 1 squirrel has not found my house yet.
Hope the dog next door didn't get him or it froze.
My week 2 squirrel is leaveing tomrrow or the next day. (It's cold out there!!!!!!)

o

Hello All;
My second box went out today. I am so proud of myself for getting things done early as it is not my normal way. I am assuming my buddy is more like the way I am usually but since I received Chips, I feel like I received my first box already. Hope everyone is trying to stay warm. We are in the negative numbers here. diene

o

hello
my box two went out today.
run little squirrel run
this is a great swap
I'm having fun fixing up the boxes
later
michelle

o

ohhhhhhh Ms. Sassyone...I resemble that remark! *giggles*

There's a man trying to cross the street. As he steps off the curb a car comes screaming around the corner and heads straight for him.

The man walks faster, trying to hurry across the street, but the car changes lanes and is still coming at him.

So the guy turns around to go back, but the car changes lanes again and is still coming at him.

By now, the car is so close and the man so scared that he just freezes and stops in the middle of the road.

The car gets real close, then swerves at the last possible moment and screeches to a halt right next him.

The driver rolls down the window.

The driver is a squirrel.

The squirrel says to the man says, "See, it's not as easy as it looks, is it?"

; )))

o

I arrived home today and there was a box in the road by my mailbox. I have the worst postal workers in the world. Fortunately, I do not live on a busy street and it had not been run over. It was a wonderful coffee mug with a squirrel on it. The theme is a wanted poster for theft of bird seed. I wish I had the capability to post pictures but every time I have tried I only wind up frustrated. I also am not sure who my buddy is as there was a return address but no GW name. Thanks buddy. diene

o

Nuts arrived today with a belly full of baby ruths. Kitten I have your name and am late so will send a three week box friday plus nuts sorry I'm in never never land this month
thankyou Beth for the cute squirrel and goodies. hugs carol

o

Oooooooooooohhh... a very heavy box arrived today from Sandlapper_Rose!!! Not only did it hold her week's gifts, it also included the roaming Squirrel with Sandlapper's guess to its favorite snack... Twix! I'll think about what snack to send the SS and have this mailed out ASAP! Too bad my second week gift already went out or else I'd have included it all.

More details tomorrow on the contents of the box... I have to study tonight then head off to bed. until then, I'll keep you all in suspense.

G'Night!

o

My first package was sent out today by priority. I'm working on package #2 and will have it ready to go out on Friday. I'll post Friday to confirm that it was sent out.

Deb

o

Yeah.. I got a misdelivered package today... My neighbors had it on their front porch for I am not sure how long... But in it was the CUTEST cookie cutter of a squirrel and an acorn... I LOVE IT.. Klick is this from you? If so I love it. max and I alreay made sugar cookies and he bit off all the heads.. I got the nuts.. Go figure.. Sorry for the delay.. I love it..
I too have the worst postal del. he is about all of 18 and I always end up with someone elses mail.. But this topped the cake.. I reported it and today we have a lady.... Must of not been the first to complain..
I sent my first package, but the person that I was to send to has not posted the gift that I sent, but something else from someone else?
so I will check confirmation and maybe send a private email to see if it was rec'd...
Laura

o

Laura,

No, I was not your Secret Squirrel. My recipient has not yet posted any of the packages I've sent. :( But I'm glad you like your first box!!!

I'll be sure to post when my next box arrives!!!

o

I got my second package today. Thank you pal! Very clever - a group of flowers with the quote "To evrything there is a season." - how appropriate! Also, I got some Reese's Peanut Butter lip balm and my lips are so dry from this weather, that is great... and some Reese's Swoops. Yes, my husband and I already tried them out! Yum!
Once again, thanks so much!

o

Where's our Beth??? I sure hope she hasn't been squirrel napped with all of these lil critters running around the country! ;)

Looks like everyone is getting and sending such creative nutty surprises...this is so much fun! Thank you, Beth for hosting it again!

My pal's second surprise package will be on the way tomorrow. ;)

o

I'm still waiting, but I am late sending so not complaining just letting anyone know that if they sent to me I didn't get it. mine will go out tomorrow I hope. hugs late carol

o

Hmmm: Michelle is it you? The retuen tag was sort of torn, so it was hard to read, but you didn't post a dc number? Was it you?

Also my box two is on it's way.. No post for box one yet and I have not seen a crazy squirrel yet...
Laura

o

OMG! What the heck did I post?!? Yes, of course I was llbean's Secret Squirrel sender!!! I was in a hurry earlier when posting that (and obviously in a fog). Your second package went out Tuesday, so have your neighbor keep an eye out for it.

o

OMG< I'm glad to see the post from Klick that is just above this. I have been struggling to keep track of who sent and recieved and was extra confused when Klick said she was not sending to Laura. LOL (doesn't take much)
Going as fast as this does, it is a bit tricky until the end when eventually ,believe it or not, it does all straighten out.
Sorry, I've not posted. I have been reading and keeping my chart. Got a few other things "simmering" here that keep me a bit distracted. Really glad I'm not trying to keep all the stiff straight that LL has going on this month. I Would be C R A Z Y
So far, no correct guesses for the snacks but all of them sounded like stuff squirrels would enjoy.\ I'll send Maryanne a squirrley surprise for her good memory from last year's treats.
Veeja, the squirrel is the one you sent. The original Nuts looked like a second adventure might do him in so, like Bilbo Baggins, he needed someone else to finish up. Looks like the youngster got side tracked there in the midwest snow storms. Now that he is back on track I wish him a fast and safe trip. Chips was off to a flying start and keeps moveing right along. Good thing this wasn't a race :o)
Looks like everyone but Kitten and Susan B have recieved.
Carol posted about Kitten so we know what is happening there.
Susan's pal has mailed so perhaps it is a "weather delay". Susan, sure hope to hear that you receive today.
The cold and snow in some areas is just incredible. I talked to friends in AK yesterday and they have had less snow than usual. Go Figure??!!?
Great photos and graphics here. Keep up the good work

o

Where has my head been these past few days? I never posted what the Secret Squirrel brought in its visit to my house!

So Chips came by for a spot of tea the other day. He came bearing gifts from a few of the other gals who hosted him before me, which I gladly selected from. As I mentioned before, Sandlapper Rose's guess as to Chips' favorite treat was Twix. Alas, that was not the right guess and so I ate them!

My box will go out today with all the goodies and my guess to Chips' favorite snack. Sorry for the delay! I've been on a different planet this week.

o
So Squirrely!

ALSO forgot to mention that the second box sent by my Secret Squirrel Sender (sandlapper_rose) included a ton of stuff! Two romance novels just in time for Valentine's Day, Morning Glory seeds, peat pots, yummy Brown Sugar & Fig shower gel, and a pink rose candle with a valentine card. What a great shopper we have here!!!

Thank you!!!

o

Hello All;
I received what I think is my second package but now I know that my pal thinks it is the first. I am at a loss to explain that. True to form, I arrived home this morning (fortunately) and in the road was a box. It was torn in places and generally looked like it had been through the war. Fortunately, everything survived and I now know that llbean is my pal. She sent some yummy chocolates, shasta daisy seeds and some body wash & body lotion along with a scrubby. The wash and lotion have a banana nut mixture and she swears the squirrels at her house eat bananas, I am not going to argue with her since it seems to be to my benefit. Thanks Laura, it is wonderful. diene

o

Diene~
Hi.. glad you enjoyed it.. The strange thing is I only sent one package to you.. So maybe you have two secret pals?

Yes there is a chubby squirrel who loves Max's left over banana's..
Hope all is well..

Laura

o

My second week box is going out first thing Monday , 3rd will go out Friday of next week.

I have not received a first week box yet, was I suppose to? I am a bit confused with this swap? Sorry.

Thanks,
Susan in NC

o

I also was confused was 1, 2, 3rd considered a week ? I got week one pkg today a small box of chocolate covered nuts and one of chocolate carmel and nuts also a box of dove jewels my pal didn't sign but think we might be sending to each other. my pkg along with nuts went out today. I went out to take a pic of my squirrel, here he is he seemed busy opening a secret people box.

o

Lol, Dee, my dear friend, I see you're still squirrelly!:))
Cute joke!

Looks like you girls are having lots of fun!

Stay safe & warm!
Sassy

o

My second package arrived this afternoon and it was packed! I got some really cool columbine seeds - 'McKanna Giant', 'Purple Bonnet', 'Dorothy Rose', and 'Nora Barlow'!!! (think I forgot one maybe) There is a very pretty burgundy, "just right" sized travel bag for essentials that will be perfect for my business trips. Also, a much needed plant label marker and labels too! Ohhhh...and the cutest squirrel note cards featuring the seed snatchin' thief himself! I LOVE everything!!! Thank you sooooooo much, Michelle! :)))

hugssss,
Dee

o

I sent my second package out yesturday.
I'm still waiting for my week 1 and week 2 packages to arrive here.

o

OH my Gosh. My foot is in my mouth and SS is on my Butt. See that critter that Klick posted on the 19th???? With the teeth?? Well He has been trying to tell me I made a mess of this.
I did indeed send the same name to two people. Obviously that created a problem, actually, a couple problems. %$<@* They are on the way to being fixed now and everyone should be getting mail properly in the next few days. Packages have gone out and addresses are being shuffled.
Once it's straight, I'll post a list so we all know who is sending to whom. I think most have either told or figured it out by now anyway.
I am So sorry about this mix up. I've been chewed out by the head Secret Squirrel and those teeth are scary. I want to figure a way to get back on his good side but It's going to take a while.
Rita, Susan, KAthleen, Laura, Carol. Hang on we'll get this fixed.
ALSO Seems to be a bit of confusion about mail dates.
I had posted the 3rd, 10th,17th and 24th so most packages would arrive by the end of the month.
Packages one and two should be on their way by the end of the day today.
Again, I'm sorry for this mixed up mess.
PS Carol, I Love the shutterbug squirrel Photo. It's a real cutie.

o

Beth, you're doing a good job. This can't be easy to organize and things will work out somehow. This has still been a very fun swap!

P.S. llbean... did a new package show up at your house or neighbor's house? I'm almost afraid to mail package #3 to you! :)

Hang in there, Beth!

o

Hello Beth;
I guess I am the only one not upset as I must be the person getting two peoples boxes. Cool!!! I can resend one of the boxes if you let me know where it was supposed to go. I just have to go back and make sure I still have everything that was sent or replace it if I already ate it. Please let me know. diene

o

Klick~
Hi.. I got the cutest nut cracker today.. I love it.. I can't believe all the cute squirrel things that you are finding... Thanks so much.. Believe it or not.. I have never owned a nutcracker.. I am so excited.. AND it was delivered to ME.... YEAH..
Beth~
Ou can decided what to do and I will play along.. You just name it and I am game.. My second box was sent and I sent it to Diene, So if you want I can send the next box to whomever it needs to go to.. No problems here... Whatever is easiest..
Just email me and let me know..
Laura

o

Thanks Klick, I'm hanging!!!!! Where in the world do you find all these nifty pictures?
Diene, I think I'll take that offer. I will contact you. When the second box arrives please forward it to Susan B. Laura if you then send #'s 3&4 direct to Susan we will be fine.
I'll check in with both of you.
Carol, you had me scared there. I had to come and re-read what I had written.
Confused??? Who's confused??? Not ME. Never HA HA HA hA HA
I'm just squirrley?

o

So, does this mean I keep sending to my assigned pal? fortunately I am behind all of you and havn't mailed out #2 yet. It was going out Monday.

Cant wait to start getting some sqirrely stuff I feel so behind the times. :)

Really when you think about it, this swap is rather squirrly in its outcome, goodies hidden in lots of different places and all of us scurrying around trying to remember where all the goodies are hidden! :)

o
i got it!!!

I got my first SS package today and it was great! I got an adorable wooden hangin sign for the door that says, "Welcome to the Nut House" I also got a really adorable squirrel garden pick. I just got some new pots to put plants on my front porch so he is going into one of those.
And of course I got a peanut bar and some candy treats.

Can't wait for the next one!
Thank you SS pal,
Susan in NC

o

Hello All;
Okay, I have this straight now I think. I have a package to send out for Laura tomorrow that will find the right person and we will be back on track. You know this is just like a squirrel in the road, forward, back, forward again. It fits the theme. Happy Valentine's Day to all. diene

o

Hey !! Guess what??!! A secret squirrel box found it way to my house yesterday.
It contained a jar of homemade blackbery jam,a snowman tea towel, a dry marker & meno broad,5 bottles of nail polish,a manicure set with make up brushes,a candle,and a small broken jar.
Nuts was hidding in his box also, with Snickers.(They didn't last long with the two teens here.LOL)
THANK YOU, Carol.
Happy Valentine, Every body!!!

o

okay here is the story. there is a box on the way to sue which has her one and two packages together (I was too cheap to send them separately). The DC is 01038555749901743553. I am not returning or forwarding any more neat stuff that come to my house so be forwarned!! Only kidding. My third package is out the door mostly because we are supposed to be buried tomorrow. DC on that one is 01038555749891257795. Hope everyone is having as much fun as I am. diene

o

hi all
I did not get a week two box, has it been shiped yet? if not thats fine I just wanted to check. with all the hickups last week I may have gotten skiped. I also don't want my secret pal to think I didn't thank them, it just never got here.
michelle

o

Hi All, I mailed out Kathleens #2 box today and it went priority. I will be mailing out # 3 on Friday or Saturday. Then I will have #4 left going out the following Friday.

I am on track, I got my week #1 waiting on #2.

Thank you,
Susan in NC

o

HI Michelle, The mail by date was the 10th so it is not late yet. give it a couple days before you even start to worry.
I think all the hitches that I created have been ironed out and are getting straight.
The weather and the PO are something to consider too. The first package that I mailed to veeja took 9 days by priority mail. I was beginning to sweat on that one.
Rita, glad to see that you got a box AND that Nuts Finally found his way there. He will need to keep hurrying to catch up with chips. Good thing he has had practice. Chips is new to all this.
Did the kids share the Snickers with you and Nuts?. Snickers get Nuts swinging but they are not quite his favorite. Now it's your turn to guess.
By the way... where IS Chips???? Still on the East Coast??

o

Hi girls. Well, I've been really sick with this bad cold. Even today I was sweating up a storm while packing up several items for shipment. I was afraid the postal workers would think I was on drugs the way I looked.

Chips left my house today on his way to his next stop with my guess on his favorite snack.

As for where I find my squirrel images... it's just a matter of long searches online for the funniest or cutest ones I can find.

Back to my napping... I have clinicals tomorrow and simply can't miss one day. :(

o

Package #2 went out to my Secret Pal the other day. It should be arriving shortly. Our weather has been horrible! 12" of snow so far, and more expected tomorrow.

Deb

o

hey beth, i received a package from you and i'm not even in this swap LOL. a cute little girl and squirrel and a very strong smelling candle.

thanks!

stay warm everyone
maryanne

o

Deb

o

Gift #3 went out yesterday for llbean... probably the cutest and funniest one out of the lot. *grin* I hope it arrives in one piece because I left the house somewhat unprepared to mail it. Duh! I blame being sick.

Happy V-Day to all my SS friends! This has been so fun!!!

o

sweet kitten the box was for week one two and three, you forgot about sally she tied the gifts to a squirrel, 4 will be off soon the jar had the candle in it sorry it broke. hugs carol

o

My week #3 package got mailed today. I hope the lady I send to starts to feel better. You can't see them, but there are get well wishes tucked in the package. As for the folks who are finding items with squirrels on them, I have checked several stores and not an item with a squirrel on it in any of them. I think we have too many of the "real thing" for any squirrel items to sell well.
Glad we can make up a story to tie the items in the package to the squirrel theme. Good thinking, Beth!

Happy Valentine's Day to all in the group!

Sandlapper

o

Hello All;
Came home today and found a wonderful package from Susan, she is my real secret squirrel (not that the fake one was bad, but...). She sent a lovely metal container that could be used as a planter but she filled one side with sunflower seeds so I guess I am supposed to use it to feed the silly squirrels. The other side of this lovely container was filled with chocolate which is of course, not going to be fed to the squirrel (I draw the line). Thanks, Susan, it is great!! diene

o

Looking forward to this next package, Sandlapper... especially the magical get well wishes. :) I finally got to the Dr's office where they prescribed a number of items that have cut my coughing down to practically nothing. I even got a good nap in for 2 hours. That was really nice.

As for finding squirrel items, I found all of mine online. And I've very much enjoyed getting your packages, Sandlapper! We have plenty squirrels in the backyard that fulfill the quota for this exchange. LOL

Hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day. I got a lovely necklace and dark chocolate from my hubby. He got a night of peace from me. ;)

o

My second package arrived. Thanks so much Secret Squirrel!
My Squirrel sent a suet cake/holder, package of Hosta seeds (which is already winter sown), Marjolein Bastin calendar!

Thanks soooo much Squirrel, I love everything!

Deb

o

I think I received a ss robin or I have a super generous pal who sent me a garden of seeds, If they are all for me, thankyou pal if not where do they go next. hugs carol

o

Klick, glad to hear that the medications are helping. Hope you keep right on improving.
Carol If you tie breakables fast to squirrels you should be prepared for disasters.
Jeanne, those are cute little squirrels. I have watched for and collected squirrley items all year but I know they are not real easy to find. You may be right that a surplus of the real thing would not make people wish for more.
Hope everyone is managing to stay warm

o

I arrived home today and had another package, this time from Beth. Not only did she compensate me for the postage to get the boxes heading in the proper directions but I received a tip and a lovely frame with the saying "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun!" My new words to live by (like that will be a big change!!). Thanks Beth. diene

o

Nuts left my house this morning with goodies.

o

Where's llbean? I think it was mentioned in another thread that she was having computer problems... if you happen to stop by, Laura, I was wondering if I could pick your brain on something non-garden related via email? :)

Oh, and here's the obligatory squirrel pic...

o

I believe I got my #2 and 3 box today. I got a package from Kathleen with goodies in it and another box that was addressed to her from someone else. So I think this means I should be getting one more week. My #3 should be going out on Tuesday.

I got some wonderful Banana Nut Bread scented shower gel and body butter, oh my gosh is that getting used tonight! I also got a bath scrubbie, cookie dough candy and 3 adorable country style cottages were in the other box.

Thank you to my secret squirrels.

Susan

o

hello
I got my box#2 with a big tray of "NUTS" every squirrels fav goodie.
and two bars of great smelling soap(I like to put these in my dresser makes my cloths smell good)
and a bottle of shower gel also great smelling.
thanks squirrely
michelle

o

hi
I forgot to post my box #3 went out on thursday, I wanted to send tusday but we had too much snow monday night, about 14".
michelle

o

yeah I am back from being banished.. I am not sure why but I was unable to post... But here I am and I am here to tell you that the naughty squirrel chips stoped by with a SASSY attitude... He broght em rome "raisens" and a cnadle called smell my nuts... Can you believe that I was LMBO, what a naughty funny squirrel..
Chips will be leaving my house and on his naughty little way today.. With that kinda attitude who needs him here in Michigan Ha ha..
Thanks Klick I love the candle and I can not stop laughing..
Laura

o

It sounds like everything has finally gotten straightened out. HOORAY and many thanks to those who helped with that. With this beings squirrley bunch I knew we could do it, just wasn't sure of the "Best" way. It was just a matter of: Getter done and we done it!!!
It sounds like everyone is getting fun and generally tasty gifts.Banana nut bread sounds really good and
Laura and Klick, the Smell my nuts candle would have cracked me up too. Where in the world did you find that?????
Secret Squirrel has just declared that an instant winner. The bells are ringing and the lights are flashing,here at the home base. Secret Squirrel is throwing nuts and twitching his tail. What a guy. What a group. LOL

o

Glad you, Laura, and Beth enjoy the idea of the "Smell My Nuts" candle! I laughed so hard when seeing it and *knew* it had to enter this swap.

Should I give away the source of my *secret*??? :)

o

My 3rd package is going out Monday.
Love the "Smell my nuts" candle! LOL!

Deb

o

Laura, now that you're back online... would you mind if I email you about something outside of gardening? Sorta about our profession. I just had a few questions for you. :)

o

Diene -
I was away for the weekend and came home to a package on the porch. That was a nice surprise. I got a kit to grow cilantro, a pretty heart shaped container, and a decorative rock that says "Harvest the seeds of love" - I love things like that so thanks for the great package.
Sandlapper

o

Kitten, I just found sally skunk so guess I didn't send her,sorry I will get her in the next box. sorry hugs carol

o

I received my third great package from my squirrelly pal over the weekend. Inside was a neat squirrel feeder with an ear of corn that I've been watching since I put out!!! They haven't found it yet but I am sure they will. I've got the camera handy "just in case". Also two of the latest BHG magazines which are great! I love reading the articles for spring ideas...and a cute notepad was sent too! Thank you soooooo much, dear pal! I love it all! ;)

Dee

o

My 4th and last package will be going out today. It's probably the most "practical" one of all. May have to find a few "fillers". :)

o

OH Klick I LOVE that Picture. I believe it too. They are such curious little devils and they would probably like Budweiser.
Personally I don't want my resident squirrels to get any wiser so I'm not leaving the Bud out where they can find it.
Package # 4 should be going out this week. Hopefully by Saturday.
Nuts and Chips should be getting almost to the home stretch. It will soon be time for squirrels to be spring cleaning their nests and making room for new babies. Cute,cute, cute, But, in somebody else's yard please.

o

Hello All;
My last package shipped today. I finally found things that I think really match the theme. This was fun and the little SNAFU made it more fun. Thanks to all. By the way, I realized I did not send the package of shasta daisy seeds that really do not belong to me. C'ie la vie. diene

o

hello all
I got my third package today with a trail mix bag and a large plant marker.
nuts was also in the bok with paenut butter cups.
I will try to get him back in the mail tomarrow, but I'm confused as to where to send him. one letter inside says to send him to my buddy the other says to send him home. please let me know rightaway I will be going out of town tomarrow and will not be back till friday.
thanks michelle

o

Trail Mix! I think my yard squirrels would go a little nutz over that.
AND, Peanut Butter cups!! My favorite candy
My favorite but unfortunately NOT Secret Squirrel's fav.
Michelle,it's your turn to guess.
Have a safe trip.
Beth B

o

hello
nuts will be on his way today. but I will be going out of town after I drop him off, so I will not be able to post DC#. I will be back on friday and he will prob be to his next stop by then.
I had a goodie delivered yesterday and he just kept begging for it so I gave in and let him have it.
I'm such a sucker
so watch out Dee he is comming your way
michelle

o

Klick~ Yes email me anytime.. You said ou were working on your masters too? I got my MSN 4 years ago and had to write a thesis.. I did it on Woman's knowledge of cardiovascular risk factors.. I won Nurse Investagator of the year.. Pretty cool...
I got my final gift today and I thank you very much. It is so cool that you sent that to me I am going up North this summer to look for some Ostrich Fern I guess they are native here. Klick sent me a really cool map lookin thing that has all the plants native to Michigan, and some great smelling lotion and some super gingery altoids..
Thanks

Susan~
I sent out your gifts together for 3-4 because I misaddressed week 3 and it came back to me. So 3-4 will be there soon in one box...

Laura

o

Thanks for the email, Laura. I'll write back to you in a little bit. Glad you liked the booklet on MI trees and plants. When I bought it the description was that it was a BOOK! When it arrived I nearly died because it was just a laminated pamphlet. :) Hope it works out for you. I'm going to get one for myself for this part of the country.

Beth... something heading your way!!!!

o

Pkg #4 went out today, hope sally dosen't escape, she is sad that she missed nuts and may try to go after him, she has a crush ya know. Beth this has been one fun swap as it always is. It is my favorite yearly swap. thankyou beth and sassy for your excellent graphics. hugs carol

o

I didn't have a chance to mail out the 3rd package on Monday. The post office was closed, and Tuesday/Wed I had too much to do to make it to the post office.

Both my boxes #3 and #4 went out today (by priority).

Deb

o

My fourth and final package will go out today. Hope you like it, pal. Did you receive package number 3? It should have been there by now.
Beth, thanks again for being our hostess.
Sandlapper

o

Hi Everybody
My fourth week package is going out in today's mail.
Sorry it's late but this has been a fast week here.
I am still waiting to get my 4th week package.
This has been a lot of fun.(My room mate is thinking about joining in some swaps.She thinks I'm having too much fun.)

o

Looks like time to start a NEW Thread
I'll miss all these cute graphics but it's time

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here