Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mamabirrd

UPDATE: Traveling Daylilies (Pictures 7)

mamabirrd
16 years ago

Let's see some holiday photo's everyone!

Comments (33)

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I promised Anita these pictures weeks ago!

Here's Talon opening his first Christmas present ever! Guess who it's from? Thank you Anita!

He loves his little Pooh Anita! It was really fun watching him open it.

Here is Christmas morning...

He really loves his "Chicken Dance Elmo"

But he hated his new "tether ball"....

Day after Christmas..

Sitting in my office chair.....

Enjoying his nectarine's.......

I think the last time I shared pictures of the new house we still had scaffolding up. Here it is with the exterior complete except for the deck that will wrap around the front....

What do you think? Is is starting to look like our drawing?

{{gwi:173586}}

There's not a whole lot else to show right now. DH has been working on plumbing in the very dark basement. We did get just about all the concrete poured downstairs...still need one more truck....

It was quite a project! To get the concrete to the back rooms it all had to be pushed wheelbarrow by wheelbarrow.

We had a few employee's there to help us thank goodness.

It was pretty cold, but I went ahead and took Talon's sock off and stuck his toes in! I scrubbed him off right away and we went home and got warmed up. : )

Hopefully i'll have some more exciting photo's of the inside soon.

Here's a few more of my sweet boy. He is growing so fast!

Who's next?

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

PS: Marea.....that last Daylily you shared was stunning!

• cheerpeople
    16 years ago

Dawn.
    Looks like a lovely castle for your prince!

I wanted to thank you again for the green-orange plant. I even put it's pick in the houseplant section. It's so agreeable!

Karen

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

:)Oh Dawn he is just so precious & the house, WOW!! Looks wonderful, thanks for sharing :)Anita

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Dawn-Yes the house looks exactly as you planned. When that porch is added it will really be breathtaking. Love the whole thing and it looks like Talon had fun at Christmas time.

Shirley

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

Here is my son on his 17th birthday. I think he is about to lose the Cake to our dog, Kye.

Kye is the dog we are babysitting for 2 years.
    {{gwi:1234582}}
    Shot with FinePix 3800 at 2008-01-29

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Sharon-What a good-looking young man he is. Yes it looks like the dog wants that cake, I would like to have a piece myself....Yum

Shirley

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday Rob!!

What a great picture Sharon. Thank you for sharing!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• mareas
    16 years ago

{{gwi:1234523}}
    Happy Valentine's Day!

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

MaryB-Here is my beautiful amaryllis 'Blossom Peacock' that you sent me for Christmas.....I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT.

Shirley

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

Shirley,
    that is a beauty!

• mareas
    16 years ago

Shirley, that is one gorgeous clump of flowers! The 'Aphrodite' that Roxy sent me started blooming for Thanksgiving, then Christmas and now has a 3rd scape coming up
    ~ just love these new hybrids, they're TREASURES!
    Here's a rather bad photo of her:
    {{gwi:1234587}}

I got my trade list done finally. Do you all have your daylily wish lists current yet?
    I discovered I have a big list of daylilies that I have too many of already! That didn't take long.
    Here are 3 new introductions that i would make room for, though ~
    {{gwi:1234531}}
    Viva Pinata (Gossard 08)
    {{gwi:1234533}}
    Henrietta MacIntrye (Bell 08)
    {{gwi:1234535}}
    Blue Desire (Gossard 08)

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Beautiful blooms Shirley! Wow! Lucky girl!

Mareas....those are all outstanding! Sassy really desires.....Blue Desire! lol WOwzer! Wowzer!

Thanks for sharing girls. I posted mine on the TD post, sorry I should have put them here I guess.

• budsnblooms
    16 years ago

The first picture is of the Pink Diamond Amaryllis that Roxy sent me. It bloomed just after Christmas, and has just finished blooming a second time. I have planted 3 other amaryllis bulbs this winter but nothing else has bloomed yet. Probably will have to wait until next year.

The pictures of the turkeys are a flock that we've seen by our house almost every day. There is between 40-60 turkeys in this flock. They don't seem to be afraid of humans...they won't let us get close enough to touch them, but when we go outside to take their pictures they pretty much ignore us. They ignore the big angus bulls we have in the lot on one side of our house too.

{{gwi:1234537}}
    {{gwi:1234539}}
    {{gwi:1234541}}
    {{gwi:1234543}}

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

Debbie, nice Amaryllis. But too cool with the Turkey Pictures. I've only seen wild turkeys from a car. lol
    sharon

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

More amaryllis pictures...I love them. Mine now has 6 blooms and more to open up. It was the biggest bulb I have ever seen.

Marea-What gorgeous daylilies, my favorite of those is Henrietta MacIntrye.

Debbie-Those turkeys would be worth getting up for each morning. I love seeing wild things like that strutting around.

Shirley

• User
    16 years ago

It occurs to me that I've never shared a picture of my granddaughter Emma.

Without further ado . . . (little drumroll) . . .
    I present--Miss Emma Morgan with supporting cast member, Benjamin Logan:
    {{gwi:1234596}}

• budsnblooms
    16 years ago

Ahhhh Dian they're both beautiful, adorable babies. I get to be a grammy of a newborn in August. I am so excited. Give those babies big kisses from all the TD "aunties".

Happy Birthday Karen and Melinda.

Debbie

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Thanks Debbie for the Happy Birthday! Love the turkey pics also! And of course Talon, been watching his pics since he was born! And Dian, you also have some beautiful children!
    Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! Melinda

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Here is my new great grandchild, Dawn remember when Talon looked like this ? grandaughter says she is 60% efaced whatever that means. I will be going to texas in march to meet the lil one don't know weather to go early or mid month, want to make sure baby is here. Here she is.

hugs carol

• marybz5ny
    16 years ago

Morning everyone,
    Nice pictures - thanks for sharing!

Dawn, I never get tired of looking at our little sweetie pie Talon. He sure is growing up fast. Jenna posted on the other thread that you've been down with the flu. Yuck, hope you're back up and with us soon. If it's anything like the strain that has been going around here - it's a REAL butt kicker.

Shirley, that amaryllis bulb I sent was one that I bought from the co-op. They were the biggest bulbs I have ever seen too - producing many HUGE flowers. I bought like maybe 15 or so. Still have some to pot. I've been keeping them in a cool room and trying to space out the bloom time through winter. Glad you enjoyed yours!

Sharon, Rob is certainly turning into a handsome young man. Babysitting the dog for 2 years???!!!! I think it's yours now..... (Did you see my note on the other thread? - goofed up on daylily name I'm sending in Spring - Red daylily will be 'Coquina Key' not 'Hillbilly Heart')

And OH Marea, speaking of daylilies - Wow oh wow, you always get me wanting more when you show your want list... you have exquisite taste! A spring hosta/daylily trade??? - YES!

Dianne, thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures of your grandkids. The one of Ben and Emma together is priceless. We certainly are blessed with beautiful children here, aren't we?

Debbie, Oh my gosh, I have never seen so many turkeys together at one time. We occasionally get a couple in our back yard and I always feel so lucky when I see them. How cool that you get so many. VERY excited for you for your upcoming "grandmahood" in August. Another baby for us!

Carol, you must be just about busting with excitement with your granddaughter being due so soon. Seems like just yesterday that you were sharing the happy news of her being pregnant. My, how the time does fly! Ah yes, I can remember Dawn's belly pictures well. But, can go you one better yet, I remember Anita's picture of Susan with a Halloween pumpkin belly of our little D. Now how long ago was that Anita? Please keep us posted Carol and ofcourse, PICTURES when the baby arrives.

Better hit the shower and get ready for work.
    MaryB

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

Mary B.

Thank you for the wonderful VD box. Yes, I did see the note on the other thread about the daylily switch. I looked up 'Coquina Key' and it is absolutly beautiful!

Carol, your GD must have a Great sense of humor ... love the belly picture.

Diane, Emma and Ben are jut the cutest! I love that the older names are coming back now. I wanted to name my daughter Emma (for Grandma), but hubby would have nothing to do with it. Daughter says she loves the name ... of course she likes the name she has. :o)
    Are Emma and Ben named after anyone?
    Sharon

• namso
    16 years ago

nice pics everyone.....!

Blessing

Beaded Light

back in a bit.....
    Cindy

• User
    16 years ago

Sharon,

Benjamin Logan shares his late uncle Brian's initials, BLP. My DIL's grandfather was a Benjamin.

Emma Morgan was supposed to be Hannah but DILs BFF named HER daughter Hannah so they switched to Emma.

I like both names very much. And I really, really like the kids, too!

• mareas
    16 years ago

Todays flowers for Cindy & the rest of you snow birds:

{{gwi:1234546}}
    {{gwi:1234547}}
    {{gwi:1234548}}
    {{gwi:1234550}}

• namso
    16 years ago

Marea, have i told you i loved you lately?

you do have spring!!!! i love the little yellow daff's - they are always the first thing to really really spring bloom here...crocus come first but usually will end up snow covered. sometimes the daffs do too, but its never long after..... and a hyacinth too! i love those. the scent!!!

what is the tropical looking first thing?? its lovely :) thinking maybe a daff, but ??

SCAPE - OH MY! thanks for sharing :):):):)

• namso
    16 years ago

i'm moving!

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Oh Cindy all that snow....no wonder you ladies are looking for signs of spring. Thanks so much for the daylily pictures....Love them

Marea-Your first picture is that Rip Van Winkle daffodils?
    They look like mine. I have daffodils, crocus, hyacinths and my forysthia bushes are blooming.

Diane-Those grandbabies are beautiful. How do you keep your hands off those little angels?

Shirley

• mareas
    16 years ago

LOL Poor cold doglet! She is very welcome to come vacation here in warm but rain drenched Oregon while ALL that snow melts.

Yes, my first photo is of 'Rip Van Winkle' daffs.

Isn't that interesting that the Williamette Valley in Oregon & NC have such similar weather??

I forgot to say how much I appreciated seeing those doll baby grand kids of yours, Dianne! That portrait of the 2 of them is so touching
    - and I don't even know them!

Carol, great belly shot - wishing her & that ggkid the easiest of times with that obviously very soon birth...
    Marea

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Talon's future wife. 5 days old

devira smiling

• namso
    16 years ago

Carol- what a beautiful new great grandbaby!! awesome smile.

Marea, doglet! lmao. i will have to look for those daffs next fall.

Collective Spirit

Crocodile Smile

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yay Carol!!! Congratulations! Isn't she just precious! That 2nd picture of her "smiling" is sweet as can be. : )
    Devira is a beautiful name...I love original names.
    Please keep the pictures coming!

And Dianne! That picture of your babes is gorgeous....I can't believe how much they look alike! I am so glad you shared them with us. We'd love to see more......they are just beautiful.

Marea & Cindy, thank you for those lovely blooms! And poor pup! I am jealous of Marea.....I can barely see the tips of my 'Rip Van Winkle's'!

HUGS,
    Dawn (mamabirrd)

• mareas
    16 years ago

Dawn! You live! So happy to see you posting again ~ was about to break down and write you a postal letter to check on you. And what a coincidence, I'm jealous of you, too! Trade you my Spring for your house or Talon?? (Probly not...)

I get to go a novelty daffodil growers fields this wkend with some friends!! The best thing about living in this area is most certainly all the plant growers. The weather sucks compared to Southern Oregon, but I won't dwell on that considering yall's blizzards and droughts etc.. I will show ya my photos of course, and here is a link to their website to see hundreds of different daffs...

Here is a link that might be useful: Mitsch Novelty Daffodil Heaven

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

Wow! Great Spring Pictures Marea. Now it is Shirley's turn to show us her spring ... especially those forsythia. We have Forsythia at the cottage, but miss them every year cause we aren't there in the spring.

Marea, did I mention we are planning on being in the state of Washington in August. A little closer to you. Hubbys nephew is getting married ... we hope. They were supposed to get married last August, but hubbys sister is a little hard to get along with, and words were exchanged b/t her and her future DIL and the young lady backed out of the marriage. We shall see ...

Hey, I did a bulb trade years ago (before joining our group) and received some 'Rip Van Winkle' daffs. They were the saddest looking ones I've every seen. Take away 1/2 or 3/4 of your blooms and that was my flower. Either they weren't real 'Rip Van Winkle' daffs or they just did terrible here. I did give them about 3 years before I tossed them.

Cindy, love those daylilies. You have such great ones! Great pic of the puppy in the snow.

Carol, love that G-baby, she is a beauty! I think you should name a daylily "Devira".
    sharon