Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hazelnutbunny

new: *obf* february ~ let me call you sweetpea~

hazelnutbunny
12 years ago

Welcome to the February swap! This month we are going to start some romance in our gardens!

February is a great month to trim those roses, transplant some bushes or trees, start planning a new garden space ...and for us late bloomers, maybe winter sow some seeds.

So this month, we will be keeping it simple yet again, but also adding a little more fun.

You'll be sending your partner a GARDENER'S VALENTINE. Included in your package should be:

A- a valentine (handmade or storebought, up to you!)

B- a valentine treat (chocolate is always good, but you can also send gardening treats like gloves, plant tags, etc!)

C- some bulbs or seeds with a Valentine's theme. These can either be pink, red or white colored....OR...have names that imply romance (love-in-a-mist, bleeding heart, etc..)color>

Your package should fit inside a flat rate bubble envie or a small flat rate box. Keep it simple, but thoughtful! :)

Signups will be until FEBRUARY 2.color>

I will assign partners on FEBRUARY 3.color>

You'll have until FEBRUARY 18color> to mail your packages out.

Let's have fun with this & be creative! As long you can send any amount of seeds, bulbs or treats as long as it FITS INSIDE THE SMALL FLAT RATE BOX/ENVIE. :) Remember to use those DC's!

*OBF is a year-round trade group. You must be a member to participate. If you're interested in becoming a member, please contact the hostess of the current swap, and she'll get you the info you need. Thanks!*color>

Comments (145)

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

I received my package from Jeanne........simply wonderful!

*a valentine card
    *valentine stickers
    *pink M & M's
    *a little yellow dish/bowl.....so cute!!!!
    *ladybug salt and pepper shakers.....so cute!!!!!
    *A Magnet "You Have A Heart for Doing the Nicest Things"
    *Lots of seeds....appropriate for Valentines day....red, love, lonely, angels's, sweet chocolate, kiss etc....great selection of seeds.

Thank you so much Jeanne!!!!

Happy Valentines Day!!!!

Annie

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

Hi, Annie -
    Glad you liked what I sent. I just thought I would pass along that the ladybug salt and pepper shakers are supposed to sit in the little yellow dish.
    Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!
    Jeanne

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Christine sends to Amy
    Jeanne sends to Annie *REC'D*
    Margaret sends to Maryanne
    Vina sends to Michelle
    Shirley sends to Melissa
    Annie sends to Shirley
    Maryanne sends to Jeanne
    Michelle sends to Carol
    Carol sends to Christine
    Amy sends to Vina
    Jlee sends to Margaret
    Margo sends to Jlee
    Melissa sends to Margo *REC'D*

• veeja11
    12 years ago

finally got an address and a streightened out brail so box will be flyin soon

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Jeanne...LOL!! I FINALLY figured that out!!

Shirley...your package will probably go out Thursday or Friday!!

Happy Monday!!!!

Annie

• margaret_2007
    12 years ago

Hello, Lovely Ladies-We are finally getting some snow here in SE Iowa, then only a couple of inches. I think we might have had an inch or two earlier but that is it. So unusual for us.

Maryanne-Your box went out this afternoon-
    DC 0311 2550 0001 5574 5112.I am disappointed as I wanted you to get it for tommorrow but life got in the way again. I do hope you like what I sent.

The boxes are great that have arrived. Mellisa, you did a great job again! Thanks & Blessings to all! Margaret

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I apologize for not posting as much lately. We have had another round of illness go through the house, and it's taken it's toll on me, especially.
    I am still not feeling well, and with only about 2 weeks before baby is due, I NEED to get over this! Right now, it's just a slight case of bronchitis, and we're trying to keep it from getting worse. I feel so behind on everything- homeschooling, laundry, housework, getting ready for baby.
    But at least all my kiddos are feeling good again. That makes me happy. Just gotta get this junk out of my chest.

Anyway...Margo, glad your package got there safe. I hope you enjoy everything! it was fun getting it all together for you.

Hope everyone has a GREAT Valentine's Day! :)

Christine sends to Amy
    Margaret sends to Maryanne *SENT*
    Vina sends to Michelle
    Shirley sends to Melissa
    Annie sends to Shirley
    Maryanne sends to Jeanne
    Michelle sends to Carol
    Carol sends to Christine
    Amy sends to Vina
    Jlee sends to Margaret
    Margo sends to Jlee

• serenity_lane_ga
    12 years ago

Vina,
    I will be sending yours out probably Thursday I have a doctors appointment for my back (have to make decsions) for an ablation or fusion...I just want to be over the back pain and troubles :)
    Anyhow, Vina yours will be coming soon!!:)
    Have a Great Valentines Day,
    Amy :)

• smitties
    12 years ago

Finally got all my swaps in order. Jen your package is labeled and ready to go. I will drop it in the box in the morning. I love the click and ship. DC 9405 5036 9930 0412 7868 36

Hope you enjoy it. Margo

• earthlydelights
    12 years ago

WOW, did i ever get a fabulous box of valentine goodies from Margaret and what was so very special is that she sent a book for my grandbabe, who is so thrilled that my garden friend would think of her. Margaret, these goodies are very kind and generous, a little more than the rules, but I am NOT complaining. Your card is beautiful and the sentiments inside are appreciated. I have the perfect spot for the seeds and will smile brightly when they bloom. Please don't worry that it didn't get her yesterday, I always love the "after" holiday anyway....I was just saying that today at work! Thanks again.

Jeanne, your box is on it's way, I don't have the confirmation number with me, i won't get it until tomorrow when the mail girl comes in - she was gracious enough to take it to the PO.

Time to eat some delicious chocolates!!!!
    Maryanne

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Hey all!

Just wanted to let Michelle know that her Sweet Pea will be headed her way in the morning. I have one more swap package to pack up and taking them all to the po at the same time. I'll post dc when I mail. Hope you likey!

Talk to you later.
    vina

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Just a quick update! Y'all let me know if I've missed anything, please! :)

Christine sends to Amy
    Margaret sends to Maryanne *REC'D*
    Vina sends to Michelle
    Shirley sends to Melissa
    Annie sends to Shirley
    Maryanne sends to Jeanne *SENT*
    Michelle sends to Carol
    Carol sends to Christine
    Amy sends to Vina
    Jlee sends to Margaret
    Margo sends to Jlee *SENT*

• Christine00
    12 years ago

Amy your dc is 0310 2640 0000 4358 0040

• serenity_lane_ga
    12 years ago

Vina,
    I went to the PO after the Doctor's today so here is your
    DC #0311 2550 0003 7553 2462
    she said 2-3 days I hope you like it and enjoy!
    Amy :)

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Found out today that my big brother is gonna be a grandpa. Funny, but I just DON'T feel old enough to be a great-aunt! LoL! Suppose that's what we get for starting our families young, though. My brother is only 38. Yipes. :)

Christine sends to Amy *SENT*
    Vina sends to Michelle
    Shirley sends to Melissa
    Annie sends to Shirley
    Michelle sends to Carol
    Carol sends to Christine
    Amy sends to Vina *SENT*
    Jlee sends to Margaret

• jlee160
    12 years ago

Margaret- I am so sorry I did not get your package in the mail today. I have been sick the last couple of days. I will let you know when I ship it. - Jen

• veeja11
    12 years ago

mailed Christines pkg yesterday, hope you like it received mine from Michelle today nice box 16 pkgs of seeds, a homemake fabric book mark. homemade mini pillow, cute homemade foam valentine with m$m's in it love bug notepad, 2 avon hand creams, 4 miracle grow singles. loved my envie ty Michelle, don't know if my big head will fit on the pillow tho. hugs

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Vina sends to Michelle
    Shirley sends to Melissa
    Annie sends to Shirley
    Michelle sends to Carol *REC'D*
    Carol sends to Christine *SENT*
    Amy sends to Vina *SENT*
    Jlee sends to Margaret

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Hey there!

Michelle your Sweet Pea is in the mail :0) DC 0311 1660 0001 9243 3064

Have a great weekend!
    vina

• margaret_2007
    12 years ago

Hi, Lovely Ladies-What a beautiful day here! In the 50's & I am thinking about pruning my bushes soon as it is to be in the 40's all next week. We have been having such a mild winter but I love it with a good snow storm once in a while. Summer storms, too. I guess they fit my personality. Something comforting about them to me.

Jen-Please don't be concerned with sending the package. It will be fine when you get to it. There is so much illness around here but so far neither myself or DH have had any illnesses-not even colds!

Time for the weekend again. How time flies! Have a wonderful weekend Hard to believe President's Day is here again! Blessings, Margaret

By the way, are any of you familiar with Lirope? How do your get rid of it as mine is covering up some of my hellboros & other perennials I have. Thanks for any suggestions!

• Christine00
    12 years ago

Thankyou carol! Received the box today. Cute penquin card, my love gladiolus, seeds, chocolates, & a pretty heart filled with more chocolates!

• Michelle Reynolds
    12 years ago

hello
    glade you like it , the little pillow is a pincusion.
    you can regift if you dont need it.
    michelle

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Vina sends to Michelle *SENT*
    Shirley sends to Melissa
    Annie sends to Shirley
    Carol sends to Christine *REC'D*
    Amy sends to Vina *SENT*
    Jlee sends to Margaret

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Shirley Sweetpea....your package went out today!!

DC # 0311 1660 0000 6679 2334

Happy weekend to all!!

Annie

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

A big than you to Maryanne! My swap package showed up today and it's great. Maryanne even had everything placed in cute little Valentine bags: a Valentine, some candy, tissues with roses (still need those thanks to this cold that doesn't seem to want to go away), a Valentine pencil, notepad and stickers, Narcissus 'Salome' and Tulip 'Golden Oxford' bulbs. The bulbs have been planted already. It's supposed to rain later today and I think all day tomorrow so a good time to plant. I am going to sow a few more winter sowing jugs before it starts. (Finally checked those I had already sowed and I have about 8 or so that have sprouts in them! I also have a few daffodils in bloom in my garden. It has been so warm this winter that everything is ahead of schedule.)
    Thanks again, Maryanne. I loved everything.
    Jeanne

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Everyone is receiving such terrific valentines! :)

No blooms here, yet. But we have lots of daffodil foliage coming up, which is GREAT. Love to see new stuff popping up. Gonna get the boys breaking ground on a new veggie patch in the next few days. Making them do it the old fashioned way...with a hoe & a whole lotta sweat! :P It's good for 'em!

Shirley sends to Melissa
    Annie sends to Shirley *SENT*
    Maryanne sends to Jeanne *REC'D*
    Amy sends to Vina *SENT*
    Jlee sends to Margaret

• jlee160
    12 years ago

Margo- thank you so much for the lovely box:)It included some fantastic seeds that I can't wait to try- especially the chocolate flower:) a beautiful hand crafted bracelet, some red gladioulas, copper plant tags- how did you know I was in need of these?;) candy, an adorable lips chip clip:) thank you so much:) --- Jen

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

I realized I did not mention the candy and sprinkles covered apple that Maryanne sent in my box. It was so cute and yummy, too. First thing I ate after I opened the box! LOL
    Thanks again, Maryanne.
    Jeanne

• earthlydelights
    12 years ago

Jeanne, glad it arrived safely and that you enjoyed what i sent. Happy Valentine Day to you.

Fun swap Melissa, thanks again for hosting this month.

I taped Whitney's funeral, going to sit with a hot cup of tea and watch it, or at least try.

Maryanne

• serenity_lane_ga
    12 years ago

OMG....Christine...THANK YOU so much for a AWESOME box I got a Valentine Heart with chocolates some Hyacinth Body Lotion (someone must have told you I use this stuff ALL the time, like I keep 3 different kinds near my recliner...I Love It!...LOL) I also got a bunch of chocolate eggs and Dove Chocolates too! And she sent me seeds too some Farewell to spring, Nicotiana(white), Phlox (red), Pink Mallow, Columbine (pink),Hardy Tall Hibiscus (pink/white),Crimson Clover, Rose Compion, Datura (white),Coronaria (hot pink), Salvia (pink/white/red), Cleome (pink), Cotton Rose, Sweet William, Lady in Red Salvia, Hibiscus (white), Hibiscus (pink), Giant Ray Mix Aster This was so AWESOME thank you Christine I am so super excited I told Hubby we need to get some more stuff to get these things started!!! He just smiled and said Oh Joy :) Because we just planted 100 seeds a couple of days ago.....so guess what we get to start again!!!:)
    Thanks Again!!!!

• earthlydelights
    12 years ago

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. weather is and has been quite nice. i'm still trying to get used to my new car, it's so much smaller and i can't pack all the nonsense into it that i lug around or find on my travels; although yesterday, i did pick up a lingerie chest and it fit, so there is hope yet!!!! i've been looking for a used one for about a year, want to put it in the mountain cabin. we are pressed for space and storage, and this will be perfect for G's room, which i plan to put it in the closet. i happened to go into one of the hospital thrift stores and lo and behold, there it was, and 35% off all furniture, so that was icing on the cake!

G and I were getting ready to bake and she picks up the measuring cups Margaret sent me in my package and looks at them and says small, medium, bigger than medium and
    big. no more recipes with half and quarter cups!!!! we made some delicious cut out cookies and of course, since it's still valentine season, we used the heart cookie cutter Margaret sent as well.

I have some tulips that are in full bud. crocus has been popping up all over, which is the norm, but these tulips are confused. i don't want to lose them. iris leaves are sprouting, the trees are budding...what happened to winter? don't get me wrong, i love the snow and am not a big fan of the heat, but i'm content if this is the extent of winter this year.

Margaret, what I do with liriope is cut it back at the same time the forsythia is coming into it's own. i read that one time in one of those good old fashioned garden books, and stick with it. keeps things under control. i trim it all the way back to within an inch of the ground. as for digging it out, get in their good with a decent spade, otherwise, you leave a little root, it will return! good luck.

hard to believe February is almost over, who wound up the calendar so dang fast?

who is hosting for March?

I know sometime last year someone was working on the questionnaires, and i don't think that ever finished. i am wondering if we should update at this time or leave well enough alone, and if we updated, should we include any additional information? i would be happy to get this together if everyone is interested, but i'll wait to hear back from the majority. (this is a good sign to see if anyone actually reads posts! LOL)

have a great Sunday everyone.

Maryanne

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

Maryanne,
    I think it would be great if you could get information together for us. I have nothing on the newer members and even those who have been with us for awhile I worry they may have moved or something may have changed.
    The December Swap should say who signed up to be hostess for the first few months of this year.
    Jeanne

• brittneysgran
    12 years ago

Melissa - Your package was mailed Friday...we loaded up as soon as I got off work and went to Pigeon Forge, Tn. for the week-end so I did not have time to post Friday. My daughter, son-in-law, granddaughter, granddaughters boyfriend, grandson, nephew, son, daughter-in-law, hubby, cousin and her husband all went and what a fantastic time we had. The weather was great there as well.

Maryanne-If you could please work on the questionnaires that would be great. Our member numbers are down but hopefully others will join us for 2012. Glad you like your new car. We have three vehicles and all three are terrible on gas. Every time I mention getting something cheaper on gas DH says we can't come out by the time we make car payments which is true.

Jan. hazelnutbunny -COMPLETE
    Feb. hazelnutbunny -IN PROCESS
    Mar. rosemctier
    Apr. micyrey
    May mellen
    June brittneysgran
    July veeja11
    Aug. smitties
    Sept. sandlapper rose
    Oct. flowergirl34
    Nov. nottougly
    Dec. margaret_2007

Rose is our host for March...looking forward to another exciting swap Month.

Annie-Looking forward to your box and will let you know when I receive it.

Shirley

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Happy Presidents Day!

I think Rose was working on the questionaires last fall? If you contact her, she may have them just about updated?

AND...I received my Sweet Pea from Amy on Saturday!!

Amy sent me a crazy, wonderful package!
    In my bubblie was:
    ~2 packs of m&m's (these are already gone, lol!)
    ~1 dove dark chocolate bar (oh! yeah...GONE TOO!)
    ~a butterfly mobile (Taylor wants this hung in her room. So cute!)
    ~1 pair of gardening gloves
    ~1 package of priscilla glads
    ~a bouquet of valentine heart suckers
    ~chocolate FUDGE!!!
    ~beautiful notecards
    ~and oh my! the seeds!! gloriosa daisy, sweet peas, sweet peas: summer love mix, morning glory: sunrise serenade, hollyhock: country romance mix (i love this!!), nasturtium, amaranthus: summer pointsetta, morning glories and red hollyhocks.

Amy, THANK YOU!! so much for such a wonderful sweet pea package! I just loved everything!

Off to sow some more seeds :)
    vina

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Okay, it looks like everyone has sent except Jen...this swap is really coming together! Thank you, Ladies, for being so wonderful! As always! :)

Christine sends to Amy *REC'D*
    Shirley sends to Melissa *SENT*
    Amy sends to Vina *REC'D*
    Jlee sends to Margaret

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I received a WONDERFUL box from Miss Shirley today! She sent:
    ~Starburst jelly beans (yumm! I'll share, but it'll be difficult! lol!)
    ~Several items to help with homeschooling- chalk, sharpies, post-it note pads & smiley stickers
    ~2 floral & heart note pads
    ~Leather work gloves (they fit, too! Yay!!)
    ~North Carolina Britches (made from dish clothes!)
    ~Lots of seeds: "teddy bear" sunflower, bleeding hearts, "red picotee" morning glory, "cottage red" marigold, pink snapdragons, lupine russell hybrid mix, "hot pink" hollyhock,"chianti" sunflower, "little annie" echinacea, "hot papaya" coneflower, snapdragon mix, kiss me over the garden gate, and anise hyssop.

Thank you so much, Shirley! Everything is wonderful

• Michelle Reynolds
    12 years ago

hello
    I got a nice fat envie today.
    Miss vina sent me a big bag of yummmmmy candy,
    a cotton ornament with seeds in it, you plant the whole thing and it sprouts flowers.
    4 packs of seeds big blush sunflowers, queen of hearts tomatos, barlow rose columbine, and sweet dreams sweet peas.
    and a hand made valentine.
    thanks and hugs
    michelle

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Vina sends to Michelle *REC'D*
    Shirley sends to Melissa *REC'D*
    Jlee sends to Margaret

• brittneysgran
    12 years ago

Melissa-Glad you received and liked your box. Everyone has done an excellent job on this months swap.

Annie I received my wonderful box today as well. Thank you so much for all the thought you put into my box. Everything was wrapped in cute valentine bags.

I received:
    goatmilk sweet pea soap....yum this smells so good
    victoria secret 'lucious kisses' body mist
    kitchen towel - bunching royal carrots emblem-The Seed Co
    baby ruths and butterfinger candy
    Seeds::::::::::
    sugar daddy peas
    nagoya red ornamental kale
    spicy gourment lettuce mix
    blanche ferry sweet peas
    red orach spinach
    valentine petunia (what a beauty)
    chocolate habanero peppers (can't wait to try these)
    crane pink ornamental kale
    lovage (never tried this before-love new plants)
    contender buff valentine beans-love green beans..yum

Annie-What a treat to find such a package today. Thank you so much.

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    12 years ago

hi everyone. i spoke to rose, she was working on the q's previously, but things in life picked up for her, so she had to set it all aside. she'll send me whatever she has and i'll take it from there so we can get the q's updated and all the newer members included.

if anyone wants a particular question asked, let me know and i'll include it; otherwise, they will pretty much stay status quo.

great boxes everyone. looking forward to hearing what margaret receives and then off to the March swap!

can't believe February is almost over.

be well everyone!
    maryanne

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It looks like everyone has received except for Margaret & Jen. I'll get in touch with Jen & make sure everything is OK on her end.

Annie sends to Shirley *REC'D*
    Jlee sends to Margaret

• jlee160
    12 years ago

Margaret- your package is being shipped today. Again, I am sorry for the delay- between being sick, working full time, and being back in school- I got behind. I usually am very good about shipping on time. I hope you enjoy your box:)

• jlee160
    12 years ago

oops- forgot the confirmation number- you should've received an email- but so everyone can track along with you it is- 420526239101969000940806636793

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, Jen! I can relate with being sick...whatever is going around is nasty & hard to get rid of! I've still got the cough from the bronchitis I came down with a few weeks ago. Bleh. And I know Jeanne's been fighting something, too.
    Here's hoping everyone feels better soon! I'm sure when spring gets in full swing, the fresh air from being out in our gardens will do us all good! :)

Annie sends to Shirley *REC'D*
    Jlee sends to Margaret *SENT*
    Margo sends to Jlee *REC'D*

Ok, as soon as Margaret receives her package, this swap will be wrapped up! Thank you, Ladies, for making the past 2 swaps so wonderful! :)

• rosemctier
    12 years ago

will be posting the march swap this weekend :) stay tuned! sorry i've been mia and a slacker. totally swamped in everything, work, home, kid, everything.

• serenity_lane_ga
    12 years ago

Vina, Hey I am SO glad you got your package and that you liked it!! I Had so much fun putting it together and 2 of my grandsons enjoyed picking things out with me!!! And they wanted to start planting things with their Papa and I, we started about 100 seeds about a week or so ago and we will be starting about the same amount more one of the weekends coming up!! Anyhow, Happy you enjoyed EVERYTHING! And Taylor likes the Butterfly, my younger grandson wanted me to get one I think I might wang mine out on one of my trees near the hummingbird feeders?? Or near a Butterfly bush??
    Thanks, Amy ;)

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Bunny...Thanks so much for a wonderful swap! Baby time is approaching....be well!!

Happy weekend!

Annie

• margaret_2007
    12 years ago

Hello, Lovely Ladies-Somewhere in outer space there is an email I tried to send yesterday & the day before. My internet has been down & what frustration that has caused. I received my box from Jan & it was lovely. A neat card & holder for Post-its which I think she made, a journal which I can't wait to use for my Garden Web exchanges information, lots & lots of candy (there is not much left as once I start on chocolate, there's no end to it, & great seeds with lots of other things. Thank you so much, Jan. You made my day! Thanks for Hosting, Melissa. It's so nice to get caught up with each of you. Blessings, Margaret

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you for posting, Margaret!

This swap is closed! Thanks again, Ladies, for a wonderful month! :)

• smitties
    12 years ago

Thank you Bunny for another wonderful swap. Without members like you, I would not have the chance to make the garden friends I have through these swaps.

Good luck on the birth of your baby and I am anxious to hear word of his/her arrival.

Margo