Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brittneysgran

UPDATE: 10,400 Traveling Daylilies

brittneysgran
16 years ago

A new thread for a new year....Sure hope we have lots of exciting trades this year. If anyone would like to join out merry band please let us know.

Comments (107)

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Thanks girls! Anita you are a mess and we love you!:))

I'll post in the am and introduce myself to those that don't know me.

Julie's bringing the baby for tonight, so I'm outta here, lol.

Thanks so much for including me in the group, I'm proud to be a Traveling Daylily! Goodnite girls.

Hugs,
    Sassy

• mellen
    16 years ago

Sassy Girl, So happy to see you here, too. Maybe liven things up a little here, eh? Share some Kenzie pics? People here like baby pics. I might actually start to talk here. Welcome!!!
    Mary Ellen

• livelyhope
    16 years ago

Hi: Anita I am matched w/ you and just read all the posts. I will pray for your health also. God's peace be w/ you. Prayer changes things, I know because had it not been for prayer, I would not be here.

It is good that you have so many caring & comforting friends.

I just got thru looking at your list of day lilies and OH! MY!, I don't know if I have any day lilies that you don't have.

God bless you w/ health,happiness,& prosperity
    As I see He already has with your expenses & health.

Miriam,livelyhope

Shirley, thanks for getting me on the list.

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

WELCOME Miriam and Sassy, so glad we have two new members so far this year. Looking forward to your posts and getting to swap with you.

Miriam-You are welcome...so good to see you here...Hopefully some day your daylily list will be huge also. That is what our group is all about, but we do swap irises and other plants too.

Shirley

• mareas
    16 years ago

Welcome Mirium and Sassy!

Mirium, the rules for the Valetine Swap are VERY flexible so I bet you have 3 plants of any species that Anita would love to have... She is creating a huge arboreteum/park and has lots of interests.
    That is one of the fun things about our group - we have loads of different interests represented here so we have a wealth of of information and different plants to share!
    For instance, my obsession with hostas began with beautiful gift plants in our monthly swap boxes from our 2 beloved Mary's - MaryB & MaryS. I've also been taught about & sent penstemmons, heucheras, oriental lilies, caladiums, monarda, black mondo grass, etc etc

But my great love is for daylilies. I will get my DAYLILIES FOR TRADE list posted in the next couple days so that you newest members (and everyone else of course!) can check it out for something you'd want to trade non-daylily plants for...

Tom Petty did not disappoint me at the 1/2 Time! And what a great game, 'eh?

• livelyhope
    16 years ago

Thank you for the info Mareas, I hope you are right & Anita can find some things on my list that she would like. I also have many perennials and bulbs.
    I have gobs of crossed day lily seeds by named pod parents if anyone wants some.
    Yes, good game yesterday - just thought the Saints coach should have stayed with his team that last second.

Dear Shirley & Debbie - I want to thank you for your patience w/ me, and all your teachings.

Miriam

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Hi All,
    No call from the Doctors today:( I sure hope they call tomorrow.

Shirley,
    Thank you so much for the info.

Miriam,
    Thank you so much:) As Marea told you, I would be happy with anything, it does not have to be Daylilies.

Marea,
    I think what you said is a WONDERFUL idea, we should set a trade up, the ones that have extra Daylilies can trade them off for other plants?
    Working on yours & Miriam's Valentines cards, such fun.

Need to go feed DH, have a great night all. Anita

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Thank you Dianne, Jean, Annette, MaryB & oh good lord thank you all:)Anita

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

Wow, 2 new Traveling Daylily Ladies at one time! Got to love it!
    Miriam and Sassy ...Welcome!

I've been thinking about my seed lists, but now I can't let Marea out do me and have her Daylily list done and not have mine done. Well, the seeds are next to me now, so they are getting done tonight .... daylily list for tomorrow ... maybe.

Anita, let us know. Thinking of you.

sharon

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Miriam welcome to our happy group. I posted some pics of my design work on the obf feb graphics thread for anyone who would like to see them. didn't wanna double post so didn't get them on tdl graphics thread. Debbie I need your info.
    Anita I love you. neighbor moved and gave us a 12 x 20 greenhouse frame so we will be putting it up on a cement pad we have in the back yard. finally a greenhouse, don't know how to keep it from freezing tho. gonna be working behind off for valentines day 6 10 hr days in a row. I normanally do 2 a week, wish me luck. hugs carol

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Anita-Hope you have some good news for us today about the tests. Thinking about you.

Carol-Congratulations on the green house I have always wanted one myself.

It's supposed to be in the 70's today. I was going to work until 12:00 and go home and do some yard work but woke up with Vertigo. If DH had not been home I would have panicked. I hate Vertigo and get it ever now and then. If I stay really really still it helps alot.

Shirley

• livelyhope
    16 years ago

Thank you for all the "Welcomes". Makes me feel good all under.

Miriam

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

Carol, Oh, you lucky gal you ... a Green House! Keep us up on what you do with it ... heat it, cover it and so on ... but most important, what you plant in it. LOL

Shirley, I feel for you. I've only had vertigo a couple of times and it was terrible. As I get older, the farther apart the episodes seem to get.
    It was supposed to reach 50 degrees today, but I guess we didnt' get out of the 30's. :o(

I'm so excited ladies. I've got at least one seed to germinate from the seeds of Helenium ÂFlammendes Käthchen that someone sent me. I know they don't come true from seed, but boy the plants look so nice in her pictures, I hope I can get one to grow like hers.

Sharon

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Hi everyone, just wanted to pop in and say thanks for all the welcomes also. Looking forward to getting to know all of you (that I don't already know). It was in the 70's here today, no nice and warm, but Feb.'s not over yet, 'eh?

Anita, I'm working on the questionaire, don't think I've forgotten. Kenzie dictates, lol. Hope you're doing ok dear, please keep us posted.

Mellen, thanks girlfriend! You're such a sweetie and I'm such a crazy!

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

Sassy, I love the cat! Stop with the 70 degrees! LOL

Marea and everyone who's interested in Blue daylilies.
    Marea, you and I talked about Lone Wolf a while ago. Well, there are several up on the LA and the seed cross
    FRENCH CONFECTION X LONE WOLF is to die for!

I like the looks of Lone Wolf even more than Bobby Martin. I like the rounder daylilies more than the UFO's or spiders.

Ahhhh, a day off work. Guess I'll take it easy and clean the house. :o(

Sharon

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

Dawn, I was checking the 2nd month of the year birthdays (we don't say the 'F' word in my house) and
    Whoops, we missed yours.

So......
    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DAWN!!!!!

Hope it was a nice one for you!
    sharon

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

Well, instead of cleaning the house this morning, so far all I've done is get my Daylily Valentine all set to go. Also, the Valentines day package for my DD away at college. And ... writing multiple posts to all of you. LOL
    sharon

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Sharon, actually we had a record high here yesterday at 78.
    lol I know I'm gonna get killed for that one!->>>>>runnin'

Wishin' you girls some warm weather too!

Dawn Happy Belated B-day! Love looking at pics of that precious baby boy!

Check in later
    Sassy

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

TO SASSY AND HER 78 DEGREES!

• sassyd
    16 years ago

LOL!

• cheerpeople
    16 years ago

Hi Y'all. I see your in your usual form! lol!

Welcome to our new members!

I was thigh deep in blowing snow feeding the horses tonight. I think this might be the most snow I've ever seen here.

As we are couped up- I took some pics. The snow pic was from a light snow days ago. You can see the green orange plant from Dawn!

Smiles and hugs and send me some of that warm weather.
    Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: 8-9 pics

• marybz5ny
    16 years ago

Can we get a quick check in from Canna and Debbie please. Hope everyone is safe and sound after last nights horrible tornados.
    MaryB

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sharon-Yes Vertigo is not something good to have...still very dizzy and I can't lay on my right side at all, if I do the bed starts spinning. I went to the doctor today and they want to rule out a tumor so I go for a cat scan Friday.

Canna-Sure hope you are ok several of my co-workers in Tenn said it was really bad with the tornados.

Debbie-Hope you are ok also, post when you can. Quit shopping for those baby clothes and post for us. LOL

MaryB-Check the picture thread and see my beautiful Amaryllis in bloom that you sent me Christmas.

Sassy-We were not far from that 78 degrees either. Love it but it gives me Spring fever.

Karen-Good to see you posting.

Roxanne, Gloria, Paul, Cody and whoever else is guilty for not posting post often and join in the fun.

Shirley

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Someone kick me please. I missed Dawn's b-day, she might cut off my Talon fix and she is one of my fav people.HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS DAWN!!!

• cody_mi
    16 years ago

we get two new members and yall decide to make 50 posts over night? or at least it seems like it. welcome miriam and sassy.

sharon
    how's your weather? we got 18 inches in the last 12 hours here and it's a balmy 17.

we got to brave the winter weather advisory last night and went and saw the funny or die tour at msu. will ferrel, demetri martin, nick swarsdon and dominick from the daily show. sound and lighting really sucked, but what we could hear and see was pretty funny. we got to experience all of michigans lovely weather on the way home sleet, freezing rain, snow, white out and clear all at different times.

i finally got all of my seeds potted up, so hopefully i'll have some germination soon. debbie, i still have those seeds for you. i'll try to get them in the mail soon.

not a whole lot else going on, really slow at work. took my car in because i don't have heat and sometimes it won't start. turns out i have a coolant leak into some sort of case where it's mixing with my oil and i have bad head gaskets? can you tell i'm like a whiz with automechanics, lol? $1,200 minimum to fix and that doesn't include the starting problem which they have yet to identify. which is really great since my car is only worth like 1,000 now. can't afford car payments till things pick up at work around the middle of april.

as for me not joining swaps i do have several reasons.
    1. i'm on a major diet so no chocolate, candies, etc for me.
    2. i'm not big on rules. not that they're not for the best usually and i'm not bagging on those that like them. i'll host a swap in may or june where the rule is there is no rules.
    3. i live with my parents still (hopefully out this summer) and i'm not allowed to 'decorate' so the nic nacs, while cute, just go into storage. which i'm told i already have too much of.

so please don't think i'm ignoring anyone or whatever other reasons have been thought of.

anita
    i hope things get better for you.

marea
    i'm getting a few new sedums this spring. you need to send me a list of what i've already sent you, i can't remember at all.

whats everyone ordering this year, daylilies et al? i'll post my lists later on.

enough rambling
    nite yall
    cody

• abitodd
    16 years ago

Hi,

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. Hope everyone is doing well.

Deni

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

You are so right Mary ... I was wondering who are Ky and Tenn. people were as I watched the news. Terrible and frightening! Canna and Debbie, let us know you are ok.

Shirley, ((hugs)) to you. Thinking good thoughts and praying you will be rid of that vertigo. Where are they looking for the tumor? Eustasion tube (spelling?) or someplace that affects balance? I think we all have spring fever ... and you with that Amaryllis, you must already have it! LOL

Cody ... wow, welcome back fella. Never that much snow here Cody. We saw TONS of rain, then right into snow, but only 3 to 4 inches. I had to go out in it and take the dog for a walk, I LOVE it. So you braved the weather to go to my almamater ... MSU. The production sounded like lots of fun, I would have liked to have seen that one. I need a good laugh in this, the 2nd month of the year.
    Sorry to hear about the car. I hope you get the money soon to get it all fixed.

As for what I'm getting next year in the way of daylilies ... you can blame Marea for this.....
    'Bobby Martin'. I was looking for a 'blue' color to add to my garden and she twisted my arm to buy 'bobby'. (It didn't take much twisting.) Actually, she just pointed out some crosses on the LA with that daylily and I decided I really liked him. :o)

And OMG, it's Deni! Hi there. Glad to hear from you. Hope you and your Mom and Megan are fine.

Well, have to get the snow off the car and warm it up before I go to work. I carpool you know ... doing my part to save the world. :o)

sharon

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

All is well in Knox-Vegas! A lot of lightening and rain but hardly any wind. The wind came later after the storms moved through. We had a bad storm come through last Tuesday during the night that downed a bunch of huge trees and I lost power all night. I hate it when the storms hit at night. Then the week before, we had an ice storm hit during morning rush hour and had over 200 car wrecks! Luckily school was out that day and I didn't have to get out with the kidos.

The MWS was a blast! We won 3 DL's at the auction: BETTY POWELL, DUKE OF GASCONE, and VIOLET VICTORY. I am really excited about the last one. David Kirchhoff stripped during the auction, LOL! Maleah drew pictures for everyone sitting around us, including Elizabeth Salter who sat behind us on Saturday and they drew pictures back and forth. BTW, David Kirchhoff and Mort Morss are coming to our DL meeting next month, so anyone in the area want to come see them give me a hollar!

The daffodils are poking their heads out and so are some of my lilies. We had two days near 70 and it was so nice to wear a t-shirt! Today it is back in the 30's. We've had a pretty mild winter so far with a few nights in the teens. I did loose a large pot of plumerias to the cold. I didn't bring them in the house and left them in the storage shed. I am experimenting with one that I put in my crawl space under the house and it is doing just fine. That is where I store my banana every winter too. I kept a temp record last year and it never got below 50° down there.

Well, gotta go.

Gloria, I will be down your way on Saturday in Dalton.

~Canna

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

HI All,

Been busy on the road, but wanted to come in and welcome the newcomers, and give hugs to those that are not feeling well/and or going through a tough time.

Lisa, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.

Anita,Anita, Oh dear, sorry to hear about your problem, and I assure you, you are in my thoughts. Do keep us posted.

Shirley, my thoughts are with you also. Darn, I'm sorry to hear that you guys are going through some tough times.

I'm sorry to hear about all the tornados, and at the same time glad to hear that Canna is fine. Has anyone heard from Debbie?

Dawn, happy belated birthday!

I'm doin fine, just a nasty cold, and I was snacking on some almonds, all of a sudden I got a sharp pain in one of my back molors. When I checked it out, the tooth was loose, but no cavity could be found. A long story short, the dentist pulled the tooth not because the tooth was bad, but because of bone loss. He suggested that I go have a test for Osteoporosis and a bone density test. He said sometimes bone loss in the jaw can be an indication of it. I guess it is a sign of getting older.

I hope I didn't miss anyone, and think of you guys often.
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• livelyhope
    16 years ago

Hi Deni: Good to hear from you again. Hope all is well w/ you.
    Can't wait til spring and dig in the dirt.

My dear valentine hope to hear more good news from you. I am trying to find daylilies that you don't have -not an easy task ha ha.

Miriam/livelyhope

• mareas
    16 years ago

Hi EVERY one!

Silent Debbie sent me links to a couple funny videos last night, so all must be well with her, too.

Annie, dear, been thinking about you, too. The new Schriener's Iris catalog is online. *grin*

ooh, Canna, blue eyes with teeth! - I'm excited FOR ya! And David & Mort next month, too? How great.

Cody mon, my one daylily purchase this Winter was TLBB, I had to DO something to stop myself from just sitting here staring at photos of it & its progeny on the web *lol*

Peace, health & happiness to you all ~m'

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Hi All,

Shirley,
    Oh, lord, when it rains it pours don't it? Please keep us posted & I will be praying for you.

Sharon,
    Now That fanny is FUNNY!!

Carol,
    I can't kick you, you love me!!!! I feel so bad about missing it to, we need a person that can man just B-day for us all.

Sassy,
    Again thank you so much for the card & PIC of Kenzie:)

Karen,
    Good to see you, we will be out of the snow in no time:) I so have spring fever here.

Cody,
    Sounds like you had fun despite the nasty weather? Looks like you better start saving your tips for a new(used)car?
    I totally understand about all your reasons, but remember with this group I think we rank higher by breaking the rules, I for 1 am going to request to not receive any more candy, I know what your talking about & yes the nic naks are nice, but I only have so much room:)
    Did you get my E-mail about the Brugs? Have not heard back from you on what you want me to do?
    As of right now, I'm still only getting the 4 from Guidry's sale, went WAY over board on Co-ops 7 need to watch every penny I spend.

Hi Deni,
    Long time no see, Hope Megan & Betty are doing well?

Canna,
    WOW!! How exciting, your so lucky lady, will have to check out you new babies.

Annie,
    Hope you are feeling better, Keep your cold in check, DH just thought it was a cold & turned out to be the Flu!! Take care of yourself!

Miriam,
    Oh, don't worry:) A few years ago I only had a few too!

No good news yet today, the phone rang this morning, it was indeed the Docs office, they found a few things they want to recheck on my Mammogram, so now I am still waiting for the other.
    Have a great day all..Anita

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DAWN!!!

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Anita I have a new calendar that is only used for my GW buddies b-days so I can handle that for ya. I get to work on it later when Kenzie goes home.

Well, I don't know that they are anything special but I bought 2 daylilies so far and will probably be adding a few more from this seller. I really love them.

Like I say, newly purchased so borrowing the sellers pics..

Hopefully they'll put a smile on someones face:)) They did mine.

Sassy

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

I am such a toad! Hello and welcome to our newbies in the group! And, hello to all the "oldies" too *grin*.

Hi Deni!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DAWN!!!! What are you now...23? :) Are you able to celebrate with a beer yet, or is Talon still hogging the girls?

~toad

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Sassy,
    Both of them need to be on my want list, I am so close to adding Evelyn Kloeris form the sale, but America The Beautiful is still out of reach for me. Both very special & beautiful, Great choices,May I ask what you paid for Evelyn Kloeris? Sale price is $40.00 for 1 fan.
    I'm sure you will be easily forgiven, but for the ones on dial up we have a PIC thread only for our group too.Anita

Here is a link that might be useful: Guidry's Daylily Sale

• livelyhope
    16 years ago

Sassy!!!! Wow!!!! No smile - just envy.

So happy that you bought that daylily for yourself,

Miriam

• sassyd
    16 years ago

I apologize everyone, I don't know what I was thinking posting them here, won't happen again. I was excited about them and then the question was posed about new purchases for 2008. If I need to I'll be happy to take them off this post and go over there and post, no problem.

Anita I just emailed you, I paid $20 for EK, and $24 for American Freedom. I was tickled and thought very fair.
    (1 fan each)

Mariam....I so understand, I don't have any compared to this group, wow!

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Sassy,
    Great deal & Great seller, I don't think I have bought from them, but they have a great review at the other place, Opps sorry for calling the second 1 America The Beautiful, not sure how I dreamed that name up? anyway American Freedon is just beautiful, I will have to check out the LA when I have some money to play with. I would be excited too. I'm excited about adding:
    Fashion Police
    Grandma's Smile
    Happy Halloween
    Kitty Wells
    for 2008,

NANCY, JO, ELLEN & the rest of you MIA Come on, come talk to us!
    Getting D so I better get a good nights sleep, I can't wait to see him, I could not get him last week, as the Doc said take it easy, well you can't take it easy with a 3yo:0 But I'm not sure if I will post his new haircut or not, Susan said he flipped the stroller over on his face & split his lip open, going to be fun with that, I already have a very VERY hard time getting him to eat real food, Oh well, so I'm off to bed, have a great night all. Anita

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

For real, I'm going to bed, but wanted to stop back & thank Miss Sassy, I am now bidding on Evelyn Kloeris, glad I did not add it to my list for Guidrys, Thanks for the heads up, on the LA for it:)

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Oh you're welcome Anita. You get rest and have fun with D
    and wishing you luck on the auction! Girl, I just adore Grandma's Smile, I've wanted that thing since last year so badly. I'll get there. Sweet dreams!

• livelyhope
    16 years ago

Sassy - what auction is it that you can get these from.
    Please email me with the info.

Thank you,

Miriam

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Hi All,
    Wish I had good news, but I don't, got my call, I do have cancer, I will be going in Feb 27th, they will be doing what is called LEEP, this was the 1 thing I did not want to have done(LEEP) I read about it, but hey, they have to do what they have to do.
    Off to spend time with D & d, Have a great night all.
    :)Anita that will beat this

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Miriam, hope you got my email. If not let me know but its the Lily Auction.

Anita, I'm so sorry to hear that hun, just know we are all here for you. I am here at anytime of the day or night that you need me. I'm just sick to hear this. But you are one of the strongest people I'm glad to have met here on GW, and we'll all be praying for your good health. Please let me know if I can help with anything. And for the record, you WILL beat this! Your friends will hold you up to a higher power:)) I have a daylily named..............
    See His Glory, and we will get the chance to see that through you! We love you!

Bearhugs dear!
    Sassy

Enjoy that cute little baby boy! How long do you get to keep him? I know you're having fun with him and I'm so glad! They are the light of our lives!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Sorry to jump in here, girls, as I'm not a memeber (just lurking), but I wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you Anita! I am really sorry to hear that! I pray that everything goes well! Keep looking ahead, and I know you can beat it! Wishing you the best with everything!!

Big Hugs,
    Becki

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Anita, you will beat this !!! We are all here praying and fighting with you. Remember you have lots of love being sent to you to help you with this fight. kick its behind!! big healing hugs carol

• budsnblooms
    16 years ago

OH MY Anita....I am so very sorry to hear that the test results were not good. I know you will be fine...You are very strong and have a positive outlook which is very important. Do whatever needs to be done to lick this, and know that all your friends want the best for you and want to help in anyway we can.

Thanks everyone for your concern about the tornadoes that hit the south. Tennessee was the worst hit, there were several tornadoes around me but fortunately, none hit the farm. Some barns, trees, mobile home etc. were demolished in KY and at last count 7 dead. I think the death toll (overall) is now at 58 with more possible as cleanup is done. Over half the deaths were in Tenn (sorry Canna) I hope no one you knew was harmed. I heard about a one year old who was found in rubble about 300 ft. from where his house had been...he was alive and fine, but his mother was killed.

Cody...Seeds for me...yeah...I'll watch for them...want any postage or a trade for them? Sorry to hear about the car problems. But glad you're posting. I hope you will host a trade in April or May...I think you would be a terrific sponsor.

Welcome to Miriam and Sassy. I have added Miriam to our members list since I got her info from Shirley. But I haven't gotten anything about Sassy yet. I will e-mail her and add her info to the memberslist and get new one's e-mailed soon. I've asked someone about joining our group. I'm waiting to hear back before bringing her name up for a vote.

Marea...I'm so sorry to have missed your Valentine Swap. Since I am too late to join in...I will send each of our newest members...Roxy, Annette, Miriam, and Sassy a promisory note for a fan of something nice this spring in honor of your valentine's swap;0) BTW...I owe Oceans 11 to someone for an earlier swap where we had promissory daylilies...I lost my note about this...I think it was either Roxy or Mellen, please let me know who I owe it to.

I would like to add my amen to whoever suggested that we also put anything important in a group e-mail. Once again, Anita, I am so sorry I wasn't online when you needed someone to share your sadness and fear. Please don't ever hesitate to contact me if you need ANYTHING.

Hi Karen and Annie...good to hear from you gals. Karen, I looked at your pictures, are you interested in a trade this spring? Wow..what beauties.

Happy Birthday Dawn!!!

Sharon, I got the seeds...you are such a sweetie. Thank you. I'm getting my little greenhouse repaired from the wind damage and then I will be sowing those beauties....OH...Loved the wiggly butt.

To all three of our Mary's and to Lisa...big hugs to you.

Hi Paul...loved the photo's of the kids.

Roxy...check the picture site....I hope to post something you sent me.

I know I am missing several people, hugs to you and I will catch up with you later.

Debbie/budsnblooms

• barbamaman
    16 years ago

Anita - I just came back to you all, and I am so sorry you are having such a frightening time. Mom had the same diagnosis when she was 48, had treatment and died a few years ago at 90. I'm sure they have a whole new (better!) protocol for treatment now. I'll be wishing you well and worrying, too, so thanks for keeping us posted.

Greetings, Miriam and Sassy! Happy to have you with us!

Belated birthday greetings to you, Dawn. Talon is still just as cute as he grows into a toddler. Does he toddle? :) Marie took forever to toddle, but she's all over the place now. She and her mama DD number 3 were here for 3 weeks after Christmas. Youngest DD surprised us when she flew in from CA for Christmas. DD 2 was here, too, so all but #1 in England got together. When they do, it's impossible to get a word in edgewise, but great fun.

Biggest news here is the new baby sibling Marie will be getting in March. We don't know the sex, but DD told us the names, so we have that to dream on.

Anita - your David is getting so big! Does he garden with you yet?

Karen, we've had awful cold, too, (our donkey was actually shivering) and then weather so warm the skunks and groundhogs were out. There was an exciting run in yesterday with a 'hog involving all 3 terriers, a dog fight and our little Italian Greyhound in his nightshirt on the sidelines cheering! Now it's about to turn cold.

I'm relieved none of you were in those terrible storms!

Deni, it's SO good to hear from you. I've missed you.

Marea, I like Gerda's flowers too. We plan to go up and see her gardens this summer. If I only buy 1 DL this year, it'll be one of hers. I've been enjoying Pam's Co-op - the one Dawn told us about, so I've been a good girl at the LilyAuction - just looked!

Hi Shirley! My vertigo comes and goes ever since my last big spinal surgery - usually when I sit up. Doctor says it's no danger but it sure is annoying!

Nothing happening here - Daylily youngsters from seed last year poking up a wee bit in their pots, evr and sev going to town. I have a few Gerda Brooker/Forest Phantom plants I'm anxious to see if a miracle occurs. I'll be happy with anything pretty - I'm not a great collector.

Debbie, Mary, Mary and Mary, Cody, Canna, Jean, Annie, and everybody here - thinking of you all.

Coming out of hibernation here in the boondocks.

Barb

• namso
    16 years ago

just had to pop in....Anita, so sorry you are having to go through this. more prayers and big hugs are coming your way.

A HI to all, miss you guys.

cindy

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Anita, Once again I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers! It is a trying time, but God will pull you through! Melinda

• livelyhope
    16 years ago

Dear Cody: I am so sorry for you because of your 1st reason for not trading.

Quote "as for me not joining swaps i do have several reasons.
    1. i'm on a major diet so no chocolate, candies, etc for me. "

Believe me that would almost be enough for me to quit everything as I truly hate self denial of any kind - BUT
    CHOCOLATE AND CANDY????????

You see I like fat and I avoid anything that says low fat, no sugar, nor calories, skim milk, or anything else in this category. I like real butter too.

I like fat.

Well, I hope you can stick to it. If you can endure self punishment, more power to you, But as for me and my house we will eat chocolates & candy.

Dear Cody - hope you don't mind me joking w/ you.

Love you,
    Miriam