Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
godsgarden9

NEW: New Spring Spectacular Fun Fresh Seed Swap 2011

godsgarden9
13 years ago

Welcome to the New Spring Spectacular Fun Seed Swap 2011

These are the guidelines and instructions for the Swap

1) Everyone is welcome and encouraged to participate, whether you are a newbie, and would like to expand the variety of seed varieties planted in your garden, or seasoned veterans of the swaps, all are valuable and encouraged to join in the fun, whether you have only 5 packets of seed or 300, please sign on to join the fun today.

2) You have plenty time to gather seeds and send them in, whether grown yourself or commercial, they are not due in until April 4, 2011. If you still need more time this is fine, as it will take a couple of weeks to gather and return your fresh seeds to you.

3) Please leave a list of what you are sending and the count of each and please dont send more than 10 of the same variety unless they are specialty named or rarer varieties.

4) Please either send a return envelope or send in a label with your return address and enough postage to send your seed package back to you.

5) Seed packet amounts, these are general guidelines, if you want to fill your packets that is fine, but these are minimal guidelines. If the seeds are tiny, 100+ seeds, if small 50+ seeds, medium 25+, and large 10+, per seed packet. Please list the seeds you send in, this will help so I can return to you different ones.

6) Those that send in rarer, exotic, and named varieties when possible will be rewarded for their efforts, as this makes the swap more beneficial for all.

7) Please email me, if for some reason, either I dont receive your email, or you dont hear back from me with the mailing instructions.

8) This is to be fun, its very enjoyable to harvest, plant, and grow seeds, it is a great opportunity to try many new varieties, so enjoy and send in what you have, so sign up for the fun, today, you have plenty of time to get your seed packages together, and sent in so your can receive your new presents, just in time for spring planting.

9) You can list your preference, everything, flowers, vegetables, mix, or such, thank you.

1. If for any reason, you do no hear back from me within a reasonable time, just email me directly at my email address, godsgarden9@yahoo.com, God bless you and your family in 2011. Willy your host.

Comments (63)

• clay_lady
    13 years ago

please sign me up

• dem_pa
    13 years ago

Add me to the list. I enjoyed your other swaps. I have your address.

Don

• dem_pa
    13 years ago

bump

• drippy
    13 years ago

I should be able to pull this off with a deadline of April 4, so please sign me up. I have way too many seeds, and would actually like to do this as a 2 (or 3, or 4, etc.) for 1, and be primarily a contributor. Admittedly, it's always fun to get a few new things back though, and Willy, your swaps are always spectacular. :)

• buturfliis_mom
    13 years ago

I would love to join...

• lily55rjw
    13 years ago

I would love to join in on the fun! I am a newbie but have a few packs I can send in and I can go purchase some too! Thanks!

Randi

• cryptid
    13 years ago

Hey, hey, hey! Count me in! :)

• mokey
    13 years ago

count me in also!

• robin1962_2008
    13 years ago

I`m sorry but have to drop out this time.

• booberry85
    13 years ago

Sent my sends today. They should be to you by March 13th.

• Belinda Sisemore
    13 years ago

I want in, thanks

• rbrady
    13 years ago

I would like to join please:-)

Rhonda

• gjcore
    13 years ago

I'd like to join.

Greg

• gjcore
    13 years ago

I have a question about the rule "please don't send more than 10 of the same variety". Can I send in more than 10 packets of beans if for example 6 are dragon tongue, 5 are Fortex and 3 are Italian Rose?

• cryptid
    13 years ago

Bump!

• kathyt812
    13 years ago

I would like to participate. I have never taken part in a round robin. Can someone tell me how it works?

• gjcore
    13 years ago

Everyone sends seeds into the host. The host then makes packages for everyone and mails them back.

• cryptid
    13 years ago

Bump again,...

• leigh44
    13 years ago

Hello, may I join? I've never have done one before and I'm still kind of new, I discovered GW last year. Can you request things like vegetables in return for flower seeds? I'm in desperate need of a more diverse veggie garden. Food prices have gotten so high and since I became disabled moneys become tight! thanks leigh

• elliesfun
    13 years ago

Hi Willy,

I would like to sign up for this swap. I shall get mine ready to mail next week. Have a wonderful week!

Ellie

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    13 years ago

Willy, Would you please send me your mailing address. I am getting my seeds ready to send out this week. Thanks and have a great day!

• gjcore
    13 years ago

I'm almost ready to mail my package in. I haven't counted yet but about 100 packets. Geez, I might need to send them in a box instead of a bubble envelope.

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    13 years ago

HI Willie, I would like to join if it's not too late. I have a package all ready.

• cryptid
    13 years ago

Willy,...seeds are on their way as of today! :)

• alwaysagarden
    13 years ago

Hi Willy, I would like to sign up. Would like to receive veggies only if that is okay. Thank you!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

Hi Willy, please count me out of this swap now. I am overwhelmed with sowing seeds and digging my garden right now and I just don't have time for another big swap. I'll catch ya next year! Thanks!

• cryptid
    13 years ago

Bump...!

• nuttnhunee
    13 years ago

Count me in also

• mellovesgardening
    13 years ago

I'm fairly new to GW, but I would love to be involved in this swap!

Thanks,
    Mel

• drippy
    13 years ago

Hi, Willy, don't know if you got my email - could you please send me your address? My seeds are ready to go - lots and lots....

• elliesfun
    13 years ago

Good morning Willy,

My seeds went out in the mail today. Have a great day!

Ellie

• drippy
    13 years ago

My seeds are on the way, too!

• scratchits
    13 years ago

Is it too late to join? I would love to try this swap.

Misty (scratchits)

• alwaysagarden
    13 years ago

Hi Willy,
    mailed my seeds this morning.

Cindy :)

• nottougly
    13 years ago

Hi. My seeds where mailed last Saturday.
    Faye!

• rbrady
    13 years ago

I am sorry I did not post sooner but i will have to drop out of the swap. I have been out of town on business and won't be able to participate.

Sorry again!

Rhonda

• Belinda Sisemore
    13 years ago

my seeds went monday thanks

• godsgarden9
    Original Author
    13 years ago

This is Willy your host, just wanted to let you know most of the seed packages have come in, I plan on working on them this week, and hopefully by the weekend, have them ready to go out to everyone, thank you for your participation, and happy growing season....

• nuttnhunee
    13 years ago

Were the seeds mailed?

• godsgarden9
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes, the seed packages are going out, so you should receive them soon, sorry about the delay, my wife my main helper got sick, so it delayed us some but we are working hard to get the rest of the packages together over the next couple of days, half are going out today, and the rest should be ready over the next couple of days, again thank you for your participation and have a blest growing season, see you in September.. many blessings.. Willy.

• dem_pa
    12 years ago

I received my seeds today. A great selection. Thanks to all who shared their seeds. Also, thanks to a great host.

Don

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    12 years ago

Thank you Willie for all your hard work. I received my seeds Saturday. Nice selection. Thank you to everyone who shared their seeds. Happy Gardening!

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    12 years ago

Received my package of a very nice assortment of flowers and veges. Thanks Willy for a great swap and thanks to all for sharing their seeds.

• booberry85
    12 years ago

Received my seeds today. Thanks so much for all your hard work!

Becky

• elliesfun
    12 years ago

Received my box today and even though the box had a large hole in it I still have lots to plant. So much for the postal service. Thank you so very much for all your work on this swap. Have a great gardening year everyone!
    Ellie

• gretchensgarden
    12 years ago

I got my seeds!! Thank you so much, Willy, for organizing! And thanks to everyone for swapping. I'm thrilled to have such a fun new selection of seed to plant!

-Gretchen

• alwaysagarden
    12 years ago

Hi Willy, sorry it has taken me so long to post this. I got my seeds this past Saturday. Thank you so much for the wonderful selection. I look forward to joining again in the Fall!

Cindy

• cryptid
    12 years ago

I received my seeds yesterday (too dang tired to properly post last night), and man-O-man, what a fabulously stuffed envelope!! Totally WOW, what I mean t'say!! What a great, fun swap!! Thank you, Willy, so very much! :)

• scratchits
    12 years ago

Hello,

I received my package at the end of last week. Thank you so much!! This was my first swap and it was very exciting.

Misty (scratchits)

• drippy
    12 years ago

I was out of town for a bit and received my wonderful packet today - thanks so much to all, and especially Willy, our host!