Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
garden_witch

NEW: Sisterhood of the Traveling Bubble Mailers! Round Two!

garden_witch
18 years ago

This Round Robin is open to traders who...
*Have been members of GardenWeb for at least 6 months*

and

*Have had good trades with me in the past*

or

*Can provide me with a reference from a verteran trader*

We have two for round two so far...

LunaMoon

Michelelee

And we are saving a spot for Fly =)

Please see the original post for more details! You can also find more info in the update post for round one.

Keep in mind that the mailer is going to be big! Priority mail with confirmation is a must, and shipping will probably be about $8 give or take. The first round mailer weighs in at just under three pounds =)

As with round one, when we have 20 Sisters, the robin will fly!

Comments (32)

• ladyblues1965
    18 years ago

add me too!! looking real forward to round one so I dont want to miss out on round two,
    Kelley

• michelelee
    18 years ago

Great! I will keep an eye out. Michele

• michelelee
    18 years ago

Bumping it up before it hits page 2. I wish I had seen sign up for round 1. It is coming to my state next but not stopping here. Boo Hoo. Michele

• cherrisa
    18 years ago

I would love to join. I have hosted a successful swap myself and have just finished up a swap.

Cherri

• garden_witch
    Original Author
    18 years ago

For some odd reason, gardenweb isn't sending responses to my posts by email... grrr! Guess I will just have to come in and check every day =)

Still lots of room for this one! I am itching to get another mailer going =)

Shannon

• tracey_nj6
    18 years ago

Oooooh; I'd love to join in! I'm not sure at the moment if we've ever traded before (my trader list is on my home computer). I'm going to be trying to update my list soon; I do have alot more than what's currently listed.

• remy_gw
    18 years ago

Hi, This sounds like fun. I would like to join. I know you don't know me, Shannon, but I know one of the traders from the first round who would vouch for me. I'll e-mail you.
    Remy

• lilylouise
    18 years ago

Hi Shannon,

Just a note to vouch for Remy. I know her from Western NY swaps.
    Hope you get the twenty for round 2.

• nefertari
    18 years ago

Joined last fall and this will be my first season growing my first trades. Am trying my hand at wintersowing and just planted some yesterday. (My neighbors and the people at the store I was shopping for seeds/soil thought I had lost my mind! And perhaps I have ...but it is soooo liberating! We also just started my sons science project yesterday ... compare/contrast soil, hydroponics, and aeroponics. We are quickly outgrowing our space!) Would love to get in on the second round later though. Love this idea! Please keep my name for the second round!

-Diana

• garden_witch
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well, its official, GardenWeb isn't sending me responses to this post =( But I will keep checking!

So far, seven people have signed up...
    LunaMoon
    Michelelee
    ladyblues1965
    cherrisa
    tracey_nj6
    remy
    nefertari

Cherrisa & nefertari, I will be emailing you both later for references =) Tracey_nj6, I think we may have traded some time ago, your name looks familiar...

Anyhoo, Here are the guidelines for this trade, just wanted to post them again here so everyone knows what's involved...

Guidelines for exchanging seeds:
    I am sure that these guidelines are like second nature to most of you, but please take time to read them!
    Please take as many as you like, but replace as many as you take! I will include two or three bags of seeds, one or two for common seeds and one for "uncommon" seeds (rare seeds, named varieties, and seeds for unusual plants.) If you take seeds from the "common" bags, you may replace with whatever seeds you wish. If you take from the "uncommon" bag, I ask that you replace your selections with something of equal value. Seeds may be commercial (store bought,) collected from your garden, or "re-traded" seeds (if you are confident of the trader from whom you recieved them.)
    Seeds may be for any type of plant: flowers, foliage, vegetables, tropicals, etc. You may include duplicate packets (two or more of one variety) but please keep this to a minimum.
    "Standard" trade sizes will apply for this Round Robin:
    For "common" seeds:

• 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon for tiny seeds (foxglove, snapdragons, viola, etc.)

• 25+ for medium seeds (salvia, morning glories, datura, hibiscus, mallow, etc.)

• 10-15 for larger seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, lunaria, four o' clocks, etc.)

• 5-10 for very large seeds (wisteria, dracaena, camellia, tree seeds, nuts, etc.)

For "uncommon" seeds, smaller amounts may be traded. Use your best judgement!

Seeds must be collected or packaged for 2004 to 2006, nothing older is permitted. Chaff is expected (and sometimes unavoidable) for tiny seeds, but please keep it to a minimum for seeds that are easily cleaned.
    Please make sure that your seeds are thoroughly dry before packing. Seeds must be securely packaged! Small zip baggies work best, and I am including a package of these in case anyone needs them for this trade. You may also use paper coin envelopes or homemade paper packets, as long as they are leakproof! Please label you seeds with common name, source, year collected, and hardiness (annual, biennial, or perennial.) You may also include the latin name (if you know it,) USDA zone hardiness, and sowing method (direct sow, winter sow, pre-chill, double dormancy, etc.) if you like.

Special features for this Robin:

Traveling Journal: Take some time to tell us about yourself! You may be as brief or long-winded as you like! Be sure to include your GardenWeb name, your real name, and some notes on your garden(s)! You can also tell us about your family, pets, hobbies,...

• ladyblues1965
    18 years ago

round one was soooo fun guys you just have to get in on round two! Shannon did such a great job and was so thoughful about this round robin ,her creativity made it a blast!
    Kelley

• amybabyboy3
    18 years ago

Sounds great! I like to join round 2. Amy

• garden_witch
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Yea! Another for round two! I think that instead of just running round two back throu the Sisters from round 1, I will just have you sign in here if you would like to be included.
    Just checking in and making sre this one stays visible =)
    Sorry so short, and forgive anytypo's, got a nasty cut today and typin' aint to easy right now! But i can't stay away, none the less =)

Shannon

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

I would love to join round two too!

• journey149
    18 years ago

i would love to join the round robin, i have been her since between 2000 and 2002 some where in that area

• lilylouise
    18 years ago

I hope lots more people get in on this. Round one is moving right along. We even have an album on webshots to post pics of family, gardens, and pets. Its way fun.

Lil

• grannymarsh
    18 years ago

Okay, please count me in for the Second round also.

• beth_b_kodiak
    18 years ago

Hi Shannon, I'd like to join this one too. It was fun being number one (don't think I ever was before) but hope to be farther down the list next time. That way I get to read what the other gals wrote too.
    Thanks for being such a super hostess. BB

• veeja11
    18 years ago

okay please include me in round 2 also. thankyou carol

• skohler
    18 years ago

round 2 for me too :)) Please
    susie

• michelelee
    18 years ago

Oh I am so glad to see this on page one again. I am getting excited!!!

• grannymarsh
    18 years ago

bumping this on up.
    We need a few more sign-ups. RR#1 is moving right along.

• ladyblues1965
    18 years ago

Just wanted to keep this on front page . we need more sign ups on this RR . Sisterhood one was alot of fun and I cant wait for round two to start!!!
    Kelley

• ggwrn
    18 years ago

I still have a while to go before I get round one, but after reading everyone's posts about how great the box is I would love to get in on round two also. The suspense waiting for round one is killing me lol.

Ginger

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

oh, most definitely, sign me up for round two. round one was delivered - i'll be going through it tonight, but i'm loving it already without even opening the box!

maryanne/earthly

• remy_gw
    18 years ago

Thought this could use a bump up: )

• nitelite
    18 years ago

any more room for one more? not sure what the # is at...

Blessed Be,
    Carrie Ann

• tastefullyjulie
    18 years ago

Oh, I didn't even notice this thread. I think I just posted to the round 1 thread that I would like to join round 2 if there's room.

• amybabyboy3
    18 years ago

Shirley, the box arrived yesterday and we were out of town until late lastnight. . Thank you so much for the daylily and hosta I will get them planted today. I am so happy!!!!

Shannon,
    I am going thru the box this weekend and will send it out on Monday. SOOOOOO many seeds to look through!!!!!!!YAYAYA. I will post again on Monday. Thanks so much! Amy

• amybabyboy3
    18 years ago

Im sorry I just realized that I posted on the wrong tread please excuse! Amy

• scouttiegirl
    18 years ago

Hi Shannon, please sign me up for round 2. I love this robin, this first round was fantastic!

• sandlapper_rose
    18 years ago

If there is still room, I would like to join in.
    Thanks!