Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
xiangirl

new: fotess birthday bash swap

FOTESS stands for Friends of the Earth Simple Swaps. You must be a member of the group in order to participate in this swap. If you would like to find out more about joining the group, contact Jeanne or Shirley (or ask a question on this thread and we'll get you connected)!

Birthday Bash!!!
(birthday box or birthday bag)

Answer these questions and post them on the thread. This way we'll get to know a little bit more about each other. This is not supposed to be intimidating, just FUN! Even if you would rather skip the Swap part, feel free to post answers to the questions (please).
1. If you were planning your own party, what would your favorite themes be? (list 5)
2. Favorite birthday experience, tradition or gift.
3. If you could choose any birth date, what date would you choose? Why?

If you want to sign up for the swap, here's what we're doing!
Since we all have different birthdays this is a way we can all celebrate them! You get to send a Birthday in a Box (or envelope). Imagine what they would like, what you like--creativity encouraged. Of course upcycling is always applauded.

Example:
Star Wars Birthday in a Bag
Star Wars napkins, 1 pkg.
Princess Leia doll, 4" tall
Star Wars plastic table cover
6 red balloons
6 black balloons
1 pkg. Texas STAR seeds (Star Wars--Texas Star...see the connection?)

Hint: Please try to include 1 package of seeds that goes along with the theme!

Upcycle Ideas:
Make your own confetti or table trimmers. Mix up and place in a little baggie.
Have 3 Barney invitations left from a kids party? Use that to start your Birthday in a Box!

When I get my Birthday In A Box I'm going to have a party. Even though it's nobody's birthday in my home at the time, we're going to decorate and enjoy during our evening meal just to have fun and do something different! Don't pack your Birthday in a Bag away and forget it. Enjoy it!

Mail out date: Feb. 19

Cumpleanos Feliz!
Heidi
(game coming in February)

Comments (109)

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Mandy, your Birthday Bash went out today, should be there the first of the week. I have a tracking number if we need it. Hope you and the cats and the dog enjoy it! I think the balloons might be a bust!

Shirley!

• l1oness
    11 years ago

Shirley - your package is ready, but won't ship until Saturday when I can get to the post office. No worries about balloons - the cats probably wouldn't like them anyway! :P

Happy Valentines Day to all!

Mandy

• poisondartfrog
    11 years ago

My package is here!! I am going to dinner so I will wait until I get back to open it so that I can take my time. It is wrapped in festive green and blue paper.

Melinda, your DC no is 9405503699300321281293. I left it to be picked up by the mailman tomorrow.

Happy Valentine's Day!
    Alana

• poisondartfrog
    11 years ago

Having my package arrive on Valentine's Day was a sweet coincidence. I opened it last night when I got home from a real birthday celebration for my baby boy who turned 25 yesterday. He enjoys being a Valentine baby so I don't think he would pick another birth date either.

Melinda, you were very generous. I love my birthday treats!
    Melinda combined my Blue and Green theme with my longing for a Tropical Paradise to good effect. The box was wrapped and lined in blue and green papers-so pretty and made me feel special. My party guests will enjoy the bright floral napkins, plates and cups. Tropical colors and tropical flowers abound on them, as well as on a wind sock that I will hang near the patio table so it can be seen while we eat cake. Blue "Ocean Breeze" scented oil and a green scented candle will help with ambiance. A pocket planner sporting palm trees will help me keep track after the party. My card had a pretty pink flamingo on the front, encouraging me to party till I can't stand on one leg. LOL, That won't take long.
    A box of Hawaiian Punch drink mix will provide the base of my tropical drinks. A little frog on a hook will hang around to keep me focused. A pack of Freesia bulbs will contribute to the floral breezes and bright colors. Canna seeds, both from Journey's End and Dwarf Hybrids were my favorite parts of the box and will get sown this weekend. I hope I mentioned everything; this box was full of goodies.
    Thank you so much Melinda! I am waiting for a sunny day when Allie is with me to have my party. I will try to remember to come back here and post a picture when we do.

Thanks so much,
    Alana

• Melinda Hagen
    11 years ago

Well, I am glad you liked it! Wasn't sure exactly what we were supposed to do, but tried with limited resources here!
    I hope everyone had a great Valentine's day! Melinda

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Alana, I love your description. I could feel the tropical breeze as I read it. Wonderful job, Melinda!

Heidi

• Kelli9699
    11 years ago

Corrine, your bithday bash is on it's way. I mailed it this morning. DC #9500110258363046354919 the estimated delivery is Tues or Wed since Monday is a holiday. Hope you enjoy. It was fun to put together.

I, also, hadnt thought about WS my veggies, but I will definitely give it a try. I don't care for fresh tomatoes, but enjoy making all kinds of things with tomatoes. The rest of my family loves them off the vine so I have about 10 different varieties this year.

Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day with your loved ones. My boyfriend gave me all the pieces to make a Fairy Garden in a wooden box. He and the kids helped me put it together last night.

Have a great day!!
    Kelli

• poisondartfrog
    11 years ago

Melinda,
    Your package did not get out until this morning. This is the first time I have requested a pickup and had the mailman not pick it up. I had to go get it and take it to the PO this morning.
    Sorry about that, but it should be winging it's way west today.
    Alana

• l1oness
    11 years ago

Shirley - your package is on the way today. I also have tracking info if we need it. I hope you like it!

Mandy

• sjc48
    11 years ago

I'm sure I'll enjoy it, Mandy! Don't ya just love getting a swap package?

It snowed here today, just enough to turn everything white again. Got a decent shot of the wind blowing the snow all over.

I'm really enjoying the first of 3 days off - it's nice to have days off again! I think I've said that before!

Have a nice weekend All!
    Shirley!

• l1oness
    11 years ago

My swap package arrived already today! That was fast delivery, although I guess it didn't have too far to go from Shirley to me.

In the package, I received a lot of things for a kitty party. The cats got two bags of party mix, and my dog got some treats too. For everyone else, there were cupcake papers and muffin mixes (blueberry cheesecake and wildberry - yum!)

The package included balloons and a pineapple cilantro candle, plus, a whole packet of cat games to play. Cat scramble, a "name that cat" game with lots of cool pictures of cats that I've never seen the name of, and a cat to the mouse maze. That was a very cool addition!

Thank you Shirley - and my kitties and puppy thank you too. And my hubby was excited about the muffins, so it was an all-around hit.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend... it snowed here last night and today - we ended up with around four or five inches of new snow, but I think that's all we're getting for a day or two. It looks pretty.

Mandy

• oliveoyl3
    11 years ago

Kelli, your party girl package went out on Friday. After reading what others sent out I am not sure I did it right. I hope you have fun with the contents. I included some upcycled things as well. The candy was new! Thinking of Kelli being outnumbered I was sure to include girly things.

We're with friends at our parents' island home having a blast with 8 of us altogether. It's like a party, but there are only 2 of us ladies.

My friend and I shopped several of my favorite nurseries here for some markdown beauties we never see in the Seattle area. Plus Ace Hardware has 20% what you put in a bag, so we bought a few plants off our wish lists in quart containers, so not too high prices. They'll grow.

Corrine

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Mandy, wow, that was quick, just googled your town, which I thought was on the UP, well, no, it's only about an hour and a half from Monroe! DUH!

I get those treats for my cats, and I really can't tell if they are enjoying them or not. They are too busy inhaling and meowing for more all the same time! I'm not sure enjoyment is a factor!

Corrine, sounds like you're having a great weekend! Anytime you can get low cost plants is a good time! I don't buy very many plants anymore, since I started to wintersow, but I think I'm going to invest in some wild ginger plants this year, and another mini hosta for that bed. I keep an eye on several websites, waiting for the ginger to go on sale; it hasn't happened in 3 months, might have to bite the bullet and pay $4 a plant - EEEKKK!

I have one more day off! Wish this happened more often!
    Have a great week, ALL!
    Shirley!

Original Author
    11 years ago

Corrine to Kelli Sent
    Kelli to Corrine Sent
    Melinda to Alana Sent --Received
    Alana to Melinda Sent
    Mandy to Shirley Sent
    Shirley to Mandy Sent --Received
    Dianne to Jeanne
    Jeanne to Dianne
    Heidi to Robin Sent
    Robin to Heidi

• kchd
    11 years ago

Hi FOTESS friends,
    Even though I'm not in the swap this month, I just had to share this with all of you.

I get emails several times a week from "EarthSky News," mainly because I like to star gaze and it alerts me to upcoming astrological events. But sometimes they throw in a little bit extra of something special. For those of you wishing for spring, I share this video "The Life of Flowers" (see the link below). I just loved it! It's time lapse photography of flowers blooming, and the music is wonderful, too.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Life of Flowers

This post was edited by kchd on Mon, Feb 18, 13 at 12:45

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Katie, that was beautiful! Loved the marigolds and the thistle! Thanks for sharing! And the Fuschia! People, you have to see how the Fuschia "blooms" in time to the music!

I'm going to finish my WSing at the beginning of March; that's how far behind I am! I have to prepare about 60 jugs and that's what's holding me up! Keep forgetting to recharge the drill!

Have a great week, ALL!!
    Shirley!

This post was edited by sjc48 on Mon, Feb 18, 13 at 15:00

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Drat! That should have been over on the MNF swap!
    AAAGGGGHHHH!!!!

• poisondartfrog
    11 years ago

I am hopeful Melinda will get her package today. It left her distribution center yesterday.
    Happy Birthday, Melinda!

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Hello to the whole group. We've had some cooler weather and rain lately and a small bit of some kind of frozen precipitation. They say there is a name for it, but my husband can't remember what it's called - something akin to hail.
    Dianne, I will try to mail out your package tomorrow. I had something in mind that I wanted to include and asked my husband to look for it when he went to the store, but he came home with the wrong thing. If I can't find it tomrorow, I will substitute something else and get your package mailed on its way to you.
    This month of Happy Un-Birthdays will be so much fun!
    Jeanne

Original Author
    11 years ago

We are supposed to get snow and we desperately need it and want it.
    Went to my grandmother's 90th birthday. She still stacks wood, pulls weeds, cans fruit and veggies. She had more energy than the rest of us! What a woman!
    We were good homeowners and took out the 100-year old dying cottonwood tree. Now we have to resculpt the front of the house/corner where the tree was. I dug up bulbs and flowers along 25' so that we could remove the sidewalk. That's what I did today. I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow. We took out the sidewalk because it was broken and because a new sidewalk needs to slope at an angle that is not too steep (unlike some of our crazy neighbors and their ways). It was a beautiful day to work outside.
    Don't you love those projects that snowball into a major series of events? Will be glad when this is done.
    Sounds like you're all enjoying your birthdays!
    Heidi

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Well, the next time Tabitha and Myrna come to visit, we are certainly going to have a great time at the "paperdoll party" I just got in the mail today, from Mandy!

Mandy, what a great party! I got pink napkins, a pretty pink tablecloth, silver and white plates and cups, a package of B-day confetti, and a pack of party invitations, with one of the paperdolls on the front!

Mandy also sent a friends banner, a happy B-day banner that she made, complete with pink ribbon, an "un-birthday" bar of homemade soap, and a pink candle and holder with a paperdoll "wrap" for around the holder. She made the wrap herself, how did you cut these? They are in a circle, can't describe it, but we used to do this when I was a kid.

She also sent a beautiful birthday card and "seeds to celebrate": Babydoll mixed colors dianthus, Dancing Petticoats cosmos, Rocket Larkspurs (YAY!!), a cut flower mix and Basil Crayon Pot, have never heard of these but look forward to planting them!

And last but not least--Paperdolls! I've loved paperdolls since I was VERY young, and have a large collection of them, that, yes, I still play with, when the mood is right! Mandy sent 5 sets, and I think she got them all online. There is a Shirley Temple doll, some old fashioned dolls AND Betsy McCall!! My grandmother used to cut these out of a magazine and send to me! Haven't seen any in ages! What a great surprise!

Mandy, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Shirley!

• Melinda Hagen
    11 years ago

Want to say a quick thank you to Heidi for the gift I rec'd in the mail today! A very cute welcome sign with flowers and dragonflies on it! Loved it. And to Alana, I loved my box! I have had a bad day and this has helped me tremendously. I lost a good friend today and am also having few health issues so great day to receive. I will post list in the morning when I have the patience to deal with trying to post on this forum! But loved them both! Melinda

• robin1962_2008
    11 years ago

Heidi,I love my box!!!! She sent a white flower birthday for me!!! I got a bag of white tulips,pepomint lifesavers,some little white silk roses and a beautiful homemade card!!! It will be a party for me just watching those tulips bloom!! Thank You so much!!!!

Original Author
    11 years ago

Corrine to Kelli Sent
    Kelli to Corrine Sent
    Melinda to Alana Sent Rec'd
    Alana to Melinda Sent Rec'd
    Mandy to Shirley Sent Rec'd
    Shirley to Mandy Sent Rec'd
    Dianne to Jeanne
    Jeanne to Dianne 20-Feb
    Heidi to Robin Sent Rec'd
    Robin to Heidi Pending

• Melinda Hagen
    11 years ago

Well, I will try this again! Had it all typed out this am and when I hit the preview message, it went to webage has been cancelled! Urggghhhh !
    I loved the birthday box I got from Alana. She combined butterflies and pink things and did a great job! I got everything in a beautiful bag with tulips and butterflies on it! Then I got napkins, paper plates, cups, and a birthday banner with butterflies and flowers and pink on them! I also got pink balloons, pink krepp streamer and blowouts with butterflies on them to match the plates, etc. I also got a butterfly solar accent light. And pink garden vinyl gloves. A beautiful notecard set with flowers and butterfly on them. A wonderful Dove chocolate almond bar. And a huge bar of lemon verbena bath soap which I loved! Already taken 2 showers with it! And last , but not least, I rec'd seeds that are pink and butterflies love also! Echium vulgare pink bedder, pink hawkweed, rose bicolor butterfly orchids and cosmos pink popsock! Love, love them! As my birthday was the 15 th of this month and my baby sisters was in the end of January, we are getting together on the 23rd ( if no ice by then) or the next weekend. We will celebrate our days together and have a wonderful party thanks to Alana! Will be so nice to decorate as haven't been able to see each other to exchange gifts or visit until then! Thanks also to Heidi for doing this fun swap for all of us!

• l1oness
    11 years ago

It sounds like everyone got a great package so far!

It's snowing like crazy here the last couple of days - I think we've gotten another 8 inches of snow roughly. It is a "Winter Wonderland" here in my part of Michigan - mostly due to the lake.

Original Author
    11 years ago

We are getting that white stuff, too. We are so excited! The girls have their fingers crossed that we won't have school tomorrow. (That hardly ever happens since we don't have buses.)
    It's so fun to read about the birthday bashes!
    Heidi

• oliveoyl3
    11 years ago

Received my pink package yesterday in the most beautiful flowered bubble envelope! I didn't even know they made them fancy like that.

I will post a pic later to show the lovely things it contained. A description won't do it justice.

Corrine

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Mandy, here in SE Michigan we aren't getting much snow - high winds tho. And VERY cold! I think I'd almost have the snow!

There have been some really nice B-day Bashes sent out, everyone here is so creative!

Just a heads up - I am the hostess for March and I'll post the new FOTESS swap on the first weekend in March, March 1st or 2nd.

And before I forget: a great big THANK YOU to Heidi for hosting this month. It turned out to be a really hectic month for me, so I really appreciate her volunteering and taking it on!

GOOD JOB, Heidi!!

Oh yeah, you don't have school buses? Tell me about that!

Have a great evening,
    Shirley!

Original Author
    11 years ago

Our school was always proud of the fact they didn't run buses and they never closed school. We are in the middle of Nebraska, town of 4000 (that's a medium-sized town). There were country elementary schools in every direction. They were all grouped under the same umbrella with Cozad's school. In the last 3 years the powers that be closed all of those country schools and now they run 2 or 3 buses, but nothing like the other schools around us. Many of the elementary-aged kids are driven to school by parents. Since buses have not run before...most don't think anything of driving their kids in every morning. Kids can drive to school with a School Permit at age 14 so most of them do. After all, most of them are driving a tractor at an even younger age.

I just found out a dear friend of mine was killed by her boyfriend who then shot himself. She was 50 and leaves 4 grown boys and 4 grandsons. She was an elementary music teacher in Texas and had faith that moved mountains. She was so bubbly and encouraging even in her darkest times. Enjoy your birthday and every day. The good news is that she's in heaven organizing the angels into the best choir you've ever heard and in between holy songs they're doing the macarena and laughing!
    Heidi

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

I see I've missed a bit reading up thru the thread...Heidi I'm sorry about your friend and will be praying for peace for her family and the family of her boyfriend...and I'm glad to hear that either way there is a positive ending in that she is in heaven now.

Jeanne I sent out your birthday package just a few min's ago...it's raining raining raining here so i hope the box doesn't get too wet before it gets to you...when i was looking at the address list i also noticed your birthday is 1 day after mine...what a neat coincidence :)

tracking # is 9505 5101 9864 3053 5567 90

Ya'll have a good weekend :) !!

• poisondartfrog
    11 years ago

I'm glad you liked it Melinda.
    Heidi, I am sorry for your loss of a friend.
    Have a good weekend,
    Alana

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

This has been a great theme this month and what wonderful creative packages are being sent! Does anyone else have this issue? When I type my message on GardenWeb, it has a long, long delay before any of the words appear in the box. So weird!
    Heidi, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Wouldn't the world be wonderful if we could make all the violence go away?
    Dianne, our weather sounds like yours - we are having rain, rain, rain. I'll be glad to see it end. My silly new horse has dry places to stand, but she stands out in the rain. I hope that's not a sign of her intelligence level.
    Have a good weekend, eveyone.
    Jeanne

This post was edited by sandlapper_rose on Sat, Feb 23, 13 at 23:08

• Kelli9699
    11 years ago

Thank you Corrine, My girly birthday package was lots of fun. It had a lot of items that it felt like it was never ending. I received a cute card, some candy, birthday cupcake pillow case, hair wrap and scrapbook decorations. This was tons of fun to open. Sorry I am late, I did receive it on Thursday, but I started a new job this week and just haven't had time to sit down.
    Thanks again.

Heidi, I am so sorry to hear about your friend.

Have a good week all.
    Kelli

Original Author
    11 years ago

A cupcake pillow case! What fun! I just cleaned out my sheets cabinet and am donating some to a native american charity. It's time to clean up and clean out. If I wait to do spring cleaning I'll be planting, right? lol

Corrine to Kelli Sent Rec'd
    Kelli to Corrine Sent Rec'd
    Melinda to Alana Sent Rec'd
    Alana to Melinda Sent Rec'd
    Mandy to Shirley Sent Rec'd
    Shirley to Mandy Sent Rec'd
    Dianne to Jeanne Sent
    Jeanne to Dianne Sent
    Heidi to Robin Sent Rec'd
    Robin to Heidi Pending

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Just a quick post to let Dianne know that I received her package today. What a big, big birthday box! I'll make a list later and post some of what she sent. Maybe I can take a picture. Anyway, it's based on St. Patrick's Day and has so many fun items. There will be quite the party at my house!
    Thanks, Dianne.
    Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

We'll see if my picture comes through. I am still having a horrid time trying to type anything in the message box so you may need to look at the picture to see what I got. There are all kinds of goodies: cookies, popcorn, candy, Kool-Aid, etc. and party games, balloons, St. Patrick's Day party items, and some flower seeds. Thanks so much for everything, Dianne. You throw a great party!
    Jeanne

Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes, we can see your picture! Did you get one of those new St. Patrick's day shirts that says, "Kiss Me and I'll be Lucky!"
    These are so fun to see and hear about.
    Is anyone else wondering what someone is cooking up for March? My top guesses would be:
    1. In like a lamb, out like a lion (that's a saying about March's weather)
    2. Lucky, Lucky, Lucky-I'm not Irish and I don't wear green!
    3. March On!! Wedding March, Marching Band, March Hare

Guess I'll have to wait!
    Heidi
    P.S. You might go to Rate and Review and leave your partner some positive feedback.

• sjc48
    11 years ago

None of the above, Heidi! Ya'll will just have to wait until the weekend; I'll be posting Friday or Saturday!

We're supposed to get snow tonight or early tomorrow.
    Yay!! More snow pics!!

Jeanne, your party looks like it will be lots of fun! What a great package! What kind of games did you get?

Talk to ya all soon!
    Shirley!

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

:D

I got Jeanne's package she sent yesterday...beautiful Hawaiian luau theme!! Hawaiian flowered party plates and matching napkins, a pink lei, a really cute flip flop key chain, yellow crepe streamer ( I love crepe streamers and the color is perfect) , cute umbrella drink or hors d'oeuvres picks, a duncan hines pineapple supreme cake mix and a can of duncan hines whipped frosting, a pineapply honeycomb table centerpiece, a little candle in a wine glass (chesepeake bay candle mango papaya...it smells sssssoooooooooo good), a sweet card and balloon flower seeds and white mini angel's trumpet seeds...can't wait to plant those!!...thanks so much Jeanne for a wonderful birthday package...can't wait to use it lol...will make turning another year older a bit more fun hahahaha

Original Author
    11 years ago

Looks like we're winding this up...or down. Can't wait to see what creative nut you crack open Shirley!
    Heidi

• oliveoyl3
    11 years ago

I realize I still didn't get a picture about my amazingly pink birthday bash from Kelli, so I'll just describe all the PINK she sent me.

pink card that said: Can I see some ID miss? May all your birthday wishes come true. **One wish might coming true before summer. Will share later.

pink cupcake decorated bag perfect for hauling a few essentials with me out to the garden come summer time. Bug repellant, gum, candy, tissues, telephone, MP3 player, water bottle, etc. Yeah, once the sun comes out around the 4th of July I sleep in the house, but live in the garden.

So many magenta & pink things to brighten my day: twenty plastic treat bags (will pack up for picnics of my favorite snacks), twelve 12 inch balloons, six bubble containers, 3 dizzy danglers with stars at the end (useful to keep the deer out of our strawberries)

plus seeds:
    rose campion, magenta
    edible pink poppies __ Kelli, is it the seeds that are edible?
    pink butterflies __ what flower is this?

So excited each time I pull out these bag of pink fun!

Thank you Kelli~~
    Corrine

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Good Morning All!

Just wanted to remind everyone that I'll be posting the new FOTESS swap over the weekend, be on the alert, folks!

It's snowing here again today and this time it looks like we'll get some significant accumulation! Depending on your point of view, this could be a good thing!

Have a great Thursday,
    Shirley!

• oliveoyl3
    11 years ago

I forgot to add that Kelli also sent a package of peas & carrots Jelly Bellys. I had no idea they made them. It says it's mellocreme candy orange sherbet carrots & green apple peas. Yummy.

Corrine

• smitties
    11 years ago

Looks like you all had fun. I am sorry I could not join in. I was hosting a swap this month and it was all I could do. I am looking forward to joining the March swap.

Shirley, did you get any good snowfall? Nothing here for a long time other than a little ice and dusting last week.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and I will be watching for the new swap post.

Margo

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Margo, nice to hear from ya! No really significant snowfall; it will look like we are going to get 12 inches and then quit after a quarter of an inch! It's snowing right now. I guess we got about 4 inches last weekend, but I was down in Kettering, where it was in the high 40s!

Okay, here's the deal: I am going to post the March AND April FOTESS swap, just not sure when! I've got several projects that need finishing, so the new swap might not get posted unitl tomorrow night, or maybe tonight - AGGGHHH, how did I get this busy!?

Heidi, has everyone sent and received for this swap?
    Just in case I didn't mention it before, Heidi, thank you so much for being hostess this month! It was a great idea that everyone enjoyed! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Gotta get these projects done, would be nice to clear my dining room table!
    Shirley!

Original Author
    11 years ago

Now we are officially complete. I received my box from Robin today--the beautiful butterfly theme. As you can see there are matching plates and napkins, candles, 4 kinds of confetti/table decorations (wow), bag of balloons, chocolate chip cookie mix, two plastic champagne glasses (oh, what fun!) and it all came neatly packed in a purple bag I can use for many different things. Oh, and a birthday card with a butterfly, too! Thank you so much. I love it. I love the teal color with the butterflies--yippy skippy!
    When the box got here it looked like a large mailman had jumped on one corner. I noticed the box was circled in duct tape. Did you do that, or did the USPS after they used it for a hockey puck? Everything was in good shape, not a mark on anything inside. I just found it amusing! USPS-can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em!
    Okay Shirley, we're ramping up for the new Fotess theme as soon as you find your dining room table again. Until then, pretend you're in college and eat over the sink!
    I had fun doing this and I'm glad you all had fun, too!
    Heidi

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Looks like you're going to have a great party, Heidi, what a nice package!

I remember Chris eating over the sink, in high school, trying to finish before the bus got there!

Well, looks like the new swap will be posted tomorrow - finished 1 project, the easy one, have two to complete, but one of them is probably going to go UNDER the dining room table and put on hold for a while. Finishing the St. Patrick's day cards has priority right now!

See ya all tomorrow!
    Shirley!

• robin1962_2008
    11 years ago

Heidi,I put the duct tape on and it sounds like It may have saved the package! I`m so glad you enjoyed it!!!!! Robin

• oliveoyl3
    11 years ago

Yeah Heidi ~~~ Thanks for hosting this fun swap this month. You got us all started on a creative roll & the packages were awesome. Thanks again, Heidi!

Spring is ramping up quickly here in WA, so I am going to be a lurker and probably not play for awhile. Any day it is milder & not too rainy I'm outside if at all possible before I work in the late afternoon. If I get ahead now it pays off all summer long not only in our gardens, but especially in the high visibility camp gardens that have a huge weed bank. Our mulching works as long as no one else digs in there. A water leak last month led to a backhoe digging & you can imagine that mess with our rocky soil. The mostly fist or bigger sized rocks are now back on top. I'm thinking I'm going to just let a groundcover spread over them after I meander them a bit. I had made a nice stack & edging for the bike parking...

At home hubby mowed the lawn Sunday afternoon, so now it's an even bright green. Our son has taken advantage of the dry afternoons working on blowing the driveway of fir needles & cedar debris. That reduces the muddy gravel a lot if we can keep up. I went to a plant swap on Saturday & stuffed the Suburban with lots of plants for camp. Most exciting was the hen & chicks for my hubby's topiary project he saw in a library book I checked out for him. See, gardening is c-a-t-c-h-i-n-g. We have lots of moss for stuffing the wire frame!

The native Indian plum is about to bloom. Once I smell that fragrance it's officially spring for me here & the race is on!

Happy almost Spring,
    Corrine