Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowergirl34_gw

NEW: mnf: k~i~s~s (keep it simple & sweet) feb.swap

flowergirl34
11 years ago

Welcome to the Make New Friends February KISS Swap :)

February is a short month full of oh! so sweet things...so lets have this swap be the same way...

Keep It Simple & Sweet :0)

Postage Rates have gone up, yet again! So please send the cheapest way you can, first class would be just fine. Just please post your Delivery Confirmation here when you mail, so we can track your package.

Please include in your February KISS:
~a Valentines Card
~1...yes! only 1 pack of seeds...try looking on your swap partners want list, or maybe, look for a valentine themed pack of seeds...or let your imagination go wild...
~Something Sweet...again, this is up to you. Your something sweet could be garden tags, seed baggies, or chocolate (my fav,lol).

Deadline for Sign-Ups: Feb. 9th
Partners: Feb. 10th
Please mail by: Feb.19th (post your Delivery Confirmation # when you mail)

Don't forget to post when you receive so we can all enjoy your K~I~S~S with you.

That's it...easy peasy mac n' cheesy this month.

Make New Friends is an open swap. Newbies, veterans...anyone who is looking to make some new garden friends is always welcome.

And, as always...I'll be posting games later this month. Wonder what is could be :D????

vina

Comments (141)

• rhodes145
    11 years ago

Hi Darrin! Am very glad you-all enjoyed the hosta casting, etc. That necklace looks AWESOME on Ellie. So funny -- looks like it was absolutely made for her butterfly tee. I really enjoyed (and am using on a daily basis) many of the items you sent. .. I think I have 4 little envelopes left and the markers are urging me to start with the winter sowing already...

Hi Vina, I love making leaf castings and I bet you will too -- they really are easy. Only thing is they're messy -- all that Portland cement mixing. The key to knowing if you'll like the project is to remember if you liked making mud pies as a kid lol. Also loving to make sandcastles at the beach is a clue.

In a nutshell, the process goes like this: Find a really nice fresh leaf with interesting ribbing. Put it in water to make sure it's as turgid as it can get. Leave it in the shade for a while.

Meantime, mix your cement. For casting I often use roughly 1 part sand to 2 parts cement (you want the bag of stuff without sand or gravel added). Then add water until you get consistency like sand building a castle. (not too wet).

Put some plastic wrap on the ground. Turn the leaf over onto the plastic. If you want a curved shape to your casting, put a little hill of sand under your plastic first--

Then you cover the backside of the leaf with cement. Just plop it on and smooth it out. Make sure you get the edges.
    Then, @ 24 hrs later, you peel the leaf from the cement and voila! Lots of fun. You never know exactly what you'll get --

That's my front fence-- We face on a pretty busy road. Over the fence is a pasture and beyond that the river. .

Wishing everyone successful winter sowing!!!!!!!!!

Barbara

• craftie2
    11 years ago

Hi since I am very new to this. I need to ask a stupid question what is a dc.Hope to learn alot from everyone. Thank you for your help.

Margie

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    11 years ago

Hi Margie, DC stands for delivery comfirmation. Ask for it at your post office. I think it is an additional 90 cents. A tracking number is listed on your receipt.
    Have a great day!
    Jen

This post was edited by jensyen on Sat, Feb 23, 13 at 9:33

• craftie2
    11 years ago

Thank you my dc for shirley kiss is
    del 2/22
    Hope she got it. Thank you so much for the help.

Margie

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Happy Sunday!

So sorry I missed yesterday! Had a birthday party that ran long. By the time I got home, I was pooped :)

Barbara, to answer both questions...YES! I loved Mud Pies and Sand Castles, lol :) I'm printing your instructions out and saving them for summer. This just doubled my spring fever. I have some big hostas that I would love to try this on, and some hydrangea, and some sunflowers leaves...my mind is so busy thinking of everything I can do this too :)

I love the red one! Is that concrete dye or did you paint it? And do you seal them with a clear sealer or just leave them? I bring all my garden treasures into the shed for the winter, but, with it so cold, do they over winter well?

So sorry for all the ? but, I'm thinking my whole brownie troop can do these at camp this year....WOOHOO! PROJECT!!

Thanks Jen! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Margie, there are no stupid ??'s. We've all been newbies once. In fact I'll share with you one of the most embarrassing things I've ever done on the GW. A couple of years ago, I posted that I have SO many Clematis Jackamannii seeds to swap! I was harvesting the darn things for a couple weeks. Carefully drying them and bagging them all up...after my 3rd swap...I rec'd an email saying that the "seeds" that I swapped were NOT pollinated! I was so embarrassed. I bagged up almost 100 baggies of these things, only to find out I bagged up the WRONG thing. LOL!
    Could have saved myself a bunch if I would have just asked a question, lol!

THE BINGO WORD FOR SATURDAY IS: HEART

THE BINGO WORD FOR SUNDAY IS: GIFTS

BINGO WORDS DRAWN:
    1. RED
    2. LOVE LETTERS
    3. CUPID
    4. CHERUB
    5. VALENTINE
    6. ONLY YOU
    7. BE MINE
    8. PINK
    9. CRUSH

1. CANDY
    2. CHOCOLATE
    3. SECRET ADMIRER
    4. ARROWS
    5. DIAMONDS
    6. HEART
    7. GIFTS

Signed up for some February FUN!

corrine1 (corrine) SENDS TO pinkiris (jayeanne)~~SENT~~REC'D~ :D

pinkiris SENDS TO zackey ~~SENT~~REC'D~~ :D

zackey SENDS TO corrine1 (corrine)

craftie2 (margie) AND brittneysgran (shirley) SEND TO EACH OTHER~~Shirley~ SENT~~Margie~REC'D~Margie~ SENT~

Kelli9699 AND sjc48 (shirley) SEND TO EACH OTHER~~Sjc48~SENT~Sjc48~REC'D~~Kelli~SENT~Kellie~REC'D :D

dem_pa (don) AND garden_love SEND TO EACH OTHER ~~Don~SENT~Garden_love~ REC'D~Garden_love~SENT~Don~REC'D~ :D

rhodes145 (barbara) AND cryptid SEND TO EACH OTHER~~Cryptid~SENT~Rhodes145~REC'D~~Rhodes145~SENT~Cryptid~REC'D~ :D

jensyen (jen) AND flowergirl 34 SEND TO EACH
    OTHER~~ Jen~SENT~Vina~REC'D~~Vina~SENT~Jen~REC'D~ :D

Have a great day!
    vina

• dem_pa
    11 years ago

3 words.

A few favorites.

I grew this lily from seeds I received in a swap. I winter sowed the seeds.

Blue spruce, shasta daisy, and blue flax.
    {{gwi:340830}}

Don

• rhodes145
    11 years ago

Hi Vina,

The leaf casting would make a Great Brownie project -- especially at camp outdoors lol. Maybe they can start saving smocks now...

The red one is a huge squash leaf I did from my garden two years ago -- it was about 1.5 x 1.25 feet. I used acrylic paints and sealed with a mix of two types of Behr concrete sealer...

They have a "wet look" and a "satin". The wet look by itself is too shiny for my taste (reflects too much light) but the mix of the two works fine. Have been making these for a few years now and the acrylic with the sealer has been holding up, even on some that I've left outdoors by mistake (tho I wouldn't recommend).

The big leaves make a great filler as plants die back & empty spots show up in the garden -- and they can be easily moved.

Also some very cool effects can be gotten by painting the veins a contrasty color -- I guarantee that kids will absolutely love the project. Pic is of a birdbath I made for a lady out of a huge rhubarb leaf.

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Barbara-love the rhubarb leaf made into a bird bath...very cool.

Margie-I did receive my box and thank you very much for everything.
    Margie sent:
    Beautiful Valentine card
    Reeses Candy Bar
    Choc. Valentine Candy
    Hanging Butterfly Decoration..just beautiful
    Seeds
    My Mom fell at the nursing home and fractured her hip..the one she broke 4 weeks ago and had surgery on. We are now back to square one. She is in so much pain and they told us they could not operate again and it would have to heal on its own.
    Sure hope this week goes better than last.

Love all the pictures....I need a pick-me-up.

Thanks for the fun swap this month Vina.

Shirley

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Hey All!

Just got back from spending the weekend with my daughter and the girls - great time! My SIL was in Boston for the week, so it was a girls only party!

Shirley, sending some good thoughts and vibes your way in the hopes that the upcoming week will be better for both you and your mom, and I'm hoping they can do something about her pain.

Don, beautiful pictures! I snagged some daylily seeds from in front of our motel up in Mackinac City this summer, would like to WS them - anyone ever done this?

Barb, love the leaves! How creative!

I have 5 Bingo words!!

Well, the laundry is finished, now to get it all put away. And then head for bed. Back to work tomorrow.
    Have a great week, Everyone!

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Good afternoon!

Don, love the daylily! I tend to favor mine that I started from seed more than my named varieties. My daylily seeds I rec'd 3 years ago from a swap. Sowed them all, and planted them around my pool. Last year was their first bloom. Every single one was different. I was so proud! :) And, this has led me to find other daylily seeds..when I go on walks, go on vacation, trip to the mall...HAHA!

Taylor is starting her very own flowerbed this year. She has pretty much taken over half of my green house, lol. She has 85 daylily babies started. Every day she checks on them. LOVE IT!

Barbara, my creative juices are flowing for this project. I was thinking we could do it at camp. We're going in about a month. AAHHH!! Cold, spring camping...I feel a sneeze coming on already :) I can't thank you enough for such an original idea! THANK YOU!!!

Shirley, I'm so sorry about your mom. How awful! Can they give her anything for the pain? I can't even imagine! She's in my prayers.

Shirley, all girls weekend! How wonderful. HHMMMM! You 'snagged' daylily seeds from a hotel??? Methinks you were merely 'transplanting' them to grow and flourish somewhere else :D I have to say this or else I have to admit what I've done for the 'need' for seeds, lol!

THE BINGO WORD FOR MONDAY IS: FLOWERS

BINGO WORDS DRAWN:
    1. RED
    2. LOVE LETTERS
    3. CUPID
    4. CHERUB
    5. VALENTINE
    6. ONLY YOU
    7. BE MINE
    8. PINK
    9. CRUSH

1. CANDY
    2. CHOCOLATE
    3. SECRET ADMIRER
    4. ARROWS
    5. DIAMONDS
    6. HEART
    7. GIFTS
    8. FLOWERS

zackey SENDS TO corrine1 (corrine)

craftie2 (margie) AND brittneysgran (shirley) SEND TO EACH OTHER~~Shirley~ SENT~~Margie~REC'D~Margie~ SENT~Shirley~REC'D~:D

Kelli9699 AND sjc48 (shirley) SEND TO EACH OTHER~~Sjc48~SENT~Sjc48~REC'D~~Kelli~SENT~Kellie~REC'D :D

dem_pa (don) AND garden_love SEND TO EACH OTHER ~~Don~SENT~Garden_love~ REC'D~Garden_love~SENT~Don~REC'D~ :D

rhodes145 (barbara) AND cryptid SEND TO EACH OTHER~~Cryptid~SENT~Rhodes145~REC'D~~Rhodes145~SENT~Cryptid~REC'D~ :D

OTHER~~ Jen~SENT~Vina~REC'D~~Vina~SENT~Jen~REC'D~ :D

Corrine, have you heard from Zackey? I believe this is the last swap for this month, and we can wrap this one up :)

Have a super day!!

ps...some err...re-located daylily seed babies :)

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Shirley-The good thoughts & vibes worked...its been much better today...thanks.

Vina-Wow 85 daylily babies...way to go Taylor. What a thrill it will be when all those bloom. I love your red daylily seedling.

Mom was doing much better today and the pain has subsided somewhat. They do have a pain patch on her if she would just eat.

Take care everyone

Shirley

• oliveoyl3
    11 years ago

Wow, I received a lovely goldfinch at a birdfeeder card inside an envelope stuffed with seeds from Zackey. There were so many seeds inside I put it aside to post later & didn't get back to it. Thanks, Zackey for sharing from your gardens what you could spare. We will enjoy the wide assortment. I think I could plant the radish & spinach after we have some rain again. I sprinkled calcium carbonate lime on the beds, so it looks like snow, but once it's rains it dissolves & I can plant. Right now I can't see the baby kale, lettuce, and parsley. I was a bit liberal with the lime, but our soil needs it every year due to the rain. Plus the fir needles that fall from the trees add to the acidity. The mulch is nice, but I had to remove moss off the beds this year for the 1st time.

The weather has been cool, but not rainy so I've been working outside cutting things back, moving a few plants, & general cleanup. We let the chickens out of their pen on Sunday afternoon & they did some scratching around pulling some groundcovers loose, so in their own way helping expand the garden. I pushed it back because paths get too narrow already. I did appreciate their scratching in some of the forest to get the little weedy Herb Robert Geranium knocked down.

She included tall marigolds for flowers & a huge assortment of vegetables:

Beans: Potamac, Navy, Jacob's Cattle, Cherokee Black Trail of Tears
    Cucumber: Lemon
    Okra: mix & burgundy
    Peas: Sugar Snap
    Radish: Helios
    Spinach: hybrid ryal, bloomsdale long standing
    Tomato: Deuce di Plea....? highlighter has faded & I can't read it, Black Cherry, Black Sea Man
    Summer squash, straight neck
    Watermelon: Sugar Baby, Ali Baba

She also asked if I could post photos of the kids' gardens. I wish I had taken more last summer, but I was busy with dirty hands & kids. I do think my son took some when we were bottle feeding mini calves and my husband at the end of summer, so I'll ask for them when they're back home. I tried to post a photo the other day, but the system is different & my photos on google plus are different, too. Where is that teenager when I need him? Asleep, he, he.

Corrine

Here is a link that might be useful: favorites of Master Gardeners for yield, flavor, and overall performance

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Good evening!
    I hope everyone in the middle of the country is staying safe with awful storm your having.

Shirley, yes! she is so excited. Don't know how excited hubby is to hear about yet another flowerbed coming to our yard this spring :) Poor guy! His grass is slowly becoming extinct, lol. My dream is to have almost no yard grass and only have grass to mow like walkways from one bed to another...ahh to dream :)

So glad to hear they have your mom's pain in hand. :D Sending good thoughts your way!

Corrine, that sounds like an amazing package! I can't believe your getting ready to plant! I'm having some serious zone envy. :)

THE BINGO WORD FOR TUESDAY IS: ROSE

BINGO WORDS DRAWN:
    1. RED
    2. LOVE LETTERS
    3. CUPID
    4. CHERUB
    5. VALENTINE
    6. ONLY YOU
    7. BE MINE
    8. PINK
    9. CRUSH

1. CANDY
    2. CHOCOLATE
    3. SECRET ADMIRER
    4. ARROWS
    5. DIAMONDS
    6. HEART
    7. GIFTS
    8. FLOWERS
    9. ROSE

zackey SENDS TO corrine1 (corrine)~SENT~REC'D~ :D

craftie2 (margie) AND brittneysgran (shirley) SEND TO EACH OTHER~Shirley~ SENT~Margie~REC'D~Margie~ SENT~Shirley~REC'D~:D

Kelli9699 AND sjc48 (shirley) SEND TO EACH OTHER~Sjc48~SENT~Sjc48~REC'D~Kelli~SENT~Kellie~REC'D :D

dem_pa (don) AND garden_love SEND TO EACH OTHER~Don~SENT~Garden_love~ REC'D~Garden_love~SENT~Don~REC'D~ :D

rhodes145 (barbara) AND cryptid SEND TO EACH OTHER~Cryptid~SENT~Rhodes145~REC'D~Rhodes145~SENT~Cryptid~REC'D~ :D

OTHER~Jen~SENT~Vina~REC'D~Vina~SENT~Jen~REC'D~:D

I believe this wraps up the month of Feb!
    Just waiting on a B~I~N~G~O ! :D

Have a great night!
    vina

• craftie2
    11 years ago

I HAVE 6

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Morning!!

THE BINGO WORD FOR WEDNESDAY IS: SWEETHEARTS

BINGO WORDS DRAWN:
    1. RED
    2. LOVE LETTERS
    3. CUPID
    4. CHERUB
    5. VALENTINE
    6. ONLY YOU
    7. BE MINE
    8. PINK
    9. CRUSH

1. CANDY
    2. CHOCOLATE
    3. SECRET ADMIRER
    4. ARROWS
    5. DIAMONDS
    6. HEART
    7. GIFTS
    8. FLOWERS
    9. ROSE
    10. SWEETHEARTS

This has shaped up to be quite a BINGO game :)

Talk to you later!
    vina

• oliveoyl3
    11 years ago

Love your photos Vina. Yes, we have a long, cool spring that lasts until July, so don't be envious. You'll have sunshine way before & your garden will catch up & surpass mine here.

This bingo game is teaching patience. Five words now. Someone must be close!

Last night, we winter sowed seeds with our poultry 4-H club kids. I had them pick vegetables they like to eat and then something else for fun like flowers, herbs or squash. Pumpkins were a big hit as were mexican sunflowers and the calendula seeds I brought from my garden in a cardboard box. They liked picking apart those seed heads since the seeds look like little bumpy bottom boats. We didn't run out of soil, but did use up all the containers I'd brought. My son planted broccoli, basil & lettuce -- smart kid. He didn't plant eggplant or cauliflower since those don't touch his plate unless I disguise 'em. We split up packets of sugar snap peas for them to direct sow at home. Some wanted to plant them along their chicken runs outside of the fencing so chickens could nibble a bit, too. We discussed ways to prevent them from getting through the fence, but decided on growing them elsewhere if we wanted any peas. I reminded parents that supports were needed & tree or shrub prunings work for the 4 foot pea vines.

I forgot to tell them my daughter's trick -- plant peas around a tomato cage leaving an access point to plant tomatoes 2 months later. She just snips the pea vines at the base & leaves the roots. She snips up the vines as mulch for the tomatoes. Isn't that smart? She said we did that a long time ago, but I didn't remember. She has always loved peas & only started enjoying tomatoes in her early teens.

Corrine

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Good Morning!

I have 7 Bingo words!

As I said before, I'll be posting the new MNF swap tomorrow or Saturday - be on the lookout, folks!

Have a great Thursday!
    Shirley!

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Happy Friday!!

Sorry I missed Bingo yesterday. The whole day I was playing catch~up :)

THE BINGO WORD FOR THURSDAY IS: DANCING

THE BINGO WORD FOR FRIDAY IS: RIBBONS

BINGO WORDS DRAWN:
    1. RED
    2. LOVE LETTERS
    3. CUPID
    4. CHERUB
    5. VALENTINE
    6. ONLY YOU
    7. BE MINE
    8. PINK
    9. CRUSH

1. CANDY
    2. CHOCOLATE
    3. SECRET ADMIRER
    4. ARROWS
    5. DIAMONDS
    6. HEART
    7. GIFTS
    8. FLOWERS
    9. ROSE
    10. SWEETHEARTS
    11. DANCING
    12. RIBBONS

First one to yell BINGO wins!!

Super Shirley, we'll be on the lookout! :)

Have a great Friday.

vina

• oliveoyl3
    11 years ago

Happy Friday ~ no bingo word for me. Still have just 5 of em.

Tomorrow is the largest free plant swap in my area and I'm going. My family will be on a retreat, so I don't have one of my guys to haul the heavy pots for me. I better save some energy for tomorrow.

Yesterday, I repotted our bamboo & some peonies a friend gave me last month that were in a window box planter. I'm sore today, but since I was already dirty just finished the big pot jobs.

The weather is warm & raining even in the mountains. Birds are singing and frequenting the bird bath again.

Hellebore and a few of primroses (purple & yellow) & lungworts (unspotted leaved rubra) are blooming. The sweet box is also in bloom making our front porch smell heavenly.

Corrine

• craftie2
    11 years ago

I have seven

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Evening!

Corrine, How wonderful! Local plant swaps are always FUN! Hope you get some super finds.

We must be getting close to bingo. We only have 8 words left. How funny would it be if you all needed the same words, lol!

THE BINGO WORD FOR SATURDAY IS: FOREVER

BINGO WORDS DRAWN:
    1. RED
    2. LOVE LETTERS
    3. CUPID
    4. CHERUB
    5. VALENTINE
    6. ONLY YOU
    7. BE MINE
    8. PINK
    9. CRUSH

1. CANDY
    2. CHOCOLATE
    3. SECRET ADMIRER
    4. ARROWS
    5. DIAMONDS
    6. HEART
    7. GIFTS
    8. FLOWERS
    9. ROSE
    10. SWEETHEARTS
    11. DANCING
    12. RIBBONS
    13. FOREVER

First one to yell BINGO wins!! :D

Have a great night!
    vina

• craftie2
    11 years ago

Two more for a bingo

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Happy Sunday!

THE BINGO WORD FOR SUNDAY IS: DOVE

BINGO WORDS DRAWN:
    1. RED
    2. LOVE LETTERS
    3. CUPID
    4. CHERUB
    5. VALENTINE
    6. ONLY YOU
    7. BE MINE
    8. PINK
    9. CRUSH

1. CANDY
    2. CHOCOLATE
    3. SECRET ADMIRER
    4. ARROWS
    5. DIAMONDS
    6. HEART
    7. GIFTS
    8. FLOWERS
    9. ROSE
    10. SWEETHEARTS
    11. DANCING
    12. RIBBONS
    13. FOREVER
    14. DOVE

Cold out today. Perfect for sowing some seeds :)

Shirleys posted March...going to check it out now.

Have a super day!
    vina

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Vina, what is that flower? I should know it, but can't put a name to it.

I still only have 7 words. Drat!

Shirley!

• garden_love
    11 years ago

6 words!

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Evening!

Shirley, it's an annual mum, or tri-color daisy. They are pretty neat and easy to grow :)

THE BINGO WORD FOR MONDAY IS: POETRY

BINGO WORDS DRAWN:
    1. RED
    2. LOVE LETTERS
    3. CUPID
    4. CHERUB
    5. VALENTINE
    6. ONLY YOU
    7. BE MINE
    8. PINK
    9. CRUSH

1. CANDY
    2. CHOCOLATE
    3. SECRET ADMIRER
    4. ARROWS
    5. DIAMONDS
    6. HEART
    7. GIFTS
    8. FLOWERS
    9. ROSE
    10. SWEETHEARTS
    11. DANCING
    12. RIBBONS
    13. FOREVER
    14. DOVE
    15. POETRY

Kiddos are off school tomorrow. Spending the whole morning with papa and gramma. We're taking them out to breakfast, and shopping. :)

Can't wait for nice weather! My flowerbeds look horrible right now and I can't do a darn thing about it, lol! My plant tags are frozen right to the mulch.

Have a super night!
    vina

• sjc48
    11 years ago

8 Words!!! YIPPEE SKIPPEE!!

No, I don't get out much.

Beautiful Hibiscus.
    Shirley!

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

I have 7 words.....

Vina-those flowers are fantastic.....whew waiting on Spring.

My hen and chicks order came in....92 of them and they
    are beautiful. Oriental and Asiatic Lily will arrive next, think I will pot them until I get rid of the moles. I'm afraid they will be eaten. My yard is over run with the moles. The dogs used to dig them out and kill them but they have gotten lazy.

Shirley

• oliveoyl3
    11 years ago

Shirley, WOw, you ordered 92 hen & chicks? I had no idea you could order them. I checked out a library book on succulents for hubby & he went ga-ga over the containers especially a topiary in a cone shape filled with larger H & C at bottom & smaller on top. He wished we'd bought more when they were .29 a pot in November. He didn't know about the idea then.

At the free plant swap I found 2 people with them, so he can assemble his creation anytime. I'll be sure to post the photo.

Anyone done a topiary or wreath of succulents before? I read that it may only last 6 months, so I'd like to help it last longer in a shadier spot.... maybe.

Shirley ~~ love lilies & sure hope you can plant them in wire cages to keep out the moles. Have you tried mole buster? It's a homemade mint tea stems & all boiled then cooled. Pour over the area where moles are so they move on.

Another idea is to create a salad bar for them under a shrub... place worm bin type piles of bedding & worms for them to dine elsewhere & not roam through your other spaces. I've done that & though it does attract them I wonder if I've created habitat to encourage them to multiply. Oh, no!

One large pile in the lawn the other day. Healthy lawn = lots of worms = moles, too.

Vina, keep those photos coming. I'm loving it! So good of you to share & take the time to remember your lovely blooms.

Corrine

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Corrine-yes I found an awesome seller for the hens & chicks. If your total order is over so much they ship free. We have cut down alot of trees in our yard and I keep the stumps so I can plant the hens and chicks in the middle of the stump. Pinterest has some amazing ideas for them as well. I like all the different varieties . Lowe's gets a few of them in but not all the ones that I wanted.

I read on line moles would leave if you urinated in their tunnel. I told DH get out there and do it....He looked at me like I was crazy but they say it works. We have bought all the mole stuff Lowe's carries but I can't tell that it works. I will have to try the mole buster. I hate to get rid of the dogs and get younger dogs. We have had Hannah for a very long time but she has gotten old and lazy.

Shirley

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey all!

Wow! Shirley, 92 hen's and chicks. I had no idea there was such variety. I should look some up and see what would survive in my zone 5. I've always loved my hen's n chicks, but I only have 2 kinds.

At least your dog used to try for the moles, my cats would probably run in the opposite direction if they even noticed a mole, HA. Apple bounced off the screen door last summer when a Cardinal landed on the back of a chair on the back deck. Freaked her right out! She couldn't get back in fast enough...I don't think they realize their cats :)

Corrine, I would love to see a succulent wreath! Could you post the instructions?

THE BINGO WORD FOR WEDNESDAY IS: KISSES

BINGO WORDS DRAWN:
    1. RED
    2. LOVE LETTERS
    3. CUPID
    4. CHERUB
    5. VALENTINE
    6. ONLY YOU
    7. BE MINE
    8. PINK
    9. CRUSH

1. CANDY
    2. CHOCOLATE
    3. SECRET ADMIRER
    4. ARROWS
    5. DIAMONDS
    6. HEART
    7. GIFTS
    8. FLOWERS
    9. ROSE
    10. SWEETHEARTS
    11. DANCING
    12. RIBBONS
    13. FOREVER
    14. DOVE
    15. POETRY
    16. KISSES

Anyone getting close? Only 5 words left, lol :)

Have super night!
    vina

ps. ahhhhh.....summer :)

• rhodes145
    11 years ago

Vina I love your pictures!

I've got 8....

• garden_love
    11 years ago

Ive got 8 also! Only need 2 more!

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

I only need two....we must all need the same two words. LOL

Beautiful morning glory Vina.

Shirley

• craftie2
    11 years ago

Yes it looks like it

• garden_love
    11 years ago

So what happens if more then one person gets a bingo at the same time?

• oliveoyl3
    11 years ago

2 more words left...

The book that started hubby's succulent quest was Succulent Container Gardens : Design Eye-Catching Displays with 350 Easy-Care Plants by Debra Baldwin. He loves the tender stacked jades especially Red Pagoda.

Hope the link to the wreath instructions works below.

Corrine

Here is a link that might be useful: Succulent Wreath How-to

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

EVENING! :)

Corrine, thank you for the link. What a wonderful summer project.

LOL! I can't believe BINGO has lasted this long...remember...first one to holler bingo...WINS :D

THE BINGO WORD FOR THURSDAY IS: DATE

BINGO WORDS DRAWN:
    1. RED
    2. LOVE LETTERS
    3. CUPID
    4. CHERUB
    5. VALENTINE
    6. ONLY YOU
    7. BE MINE
    8. PINK
    9. CRUSH

1. CANDY
    2. CHOCOLATE
    3. SECRET ADMIRER
    4. ARROWS
    5. DIAMONDS
    6. HEART
    7. GIFTS
    8. FLOWERS
    9. ROSE
    10. SWEETHEARTS
    11. DANCING
    12. RIBBONS
    13. FOREVER
    14. DOVE
    15. POETRY
    16. KISSES
    17. DATE

Have a super night!
    vina

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Happy Friday!

No Bingo yet...
    maybe this word can help.

THE BINGO WORD FOR FRIDAY IS: LOVE BIRDS

BINGO WORDS DRAWN:
    1. RED
    2. LOVE LETTERS
    3. CUPID
    4. CHERUB
    5. VALENTINE
    6. ONLY YOU
    7. BE MINE
    8. PINK
    9. CRUSH

1. CANDY
    2. CHOCOLATE
    3. SECRET ADMIRER
    4. ARROWS
    5. DIAMONDS
    6. HEART
    7. GIFTS
    8. FLOWERS
    9. ROSE
    10. SWEETHEARTS
    11. DANCING
    12. RIBBONS
    13. FOREVER
    14. DOVE
    15. POETRY
    16. KISSES
    17. DATE
    18. LOVE BIRDS

Have a great night!
    vina

• garden_love
    11 years ago

Only need 1 more!

• craftie2
    11 years ago

ME TOO. FINGERS CROSSED

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Morning!
    Super busy day today. Hope no one minds me posting Sat. Bingo word so early. :)

THE BINGO WORD FOR SATURDAY IS: LOVE

BINGO WORDS DRAWN:
    1. RED
    2. LOVE LETTERS
    3. CUPID
    4. CHERUB
    5. VALENTINE
    6. ONLY YOU
    7. BE MINE
    8. PINK
    9. CRUSH

1. CANDY
    2. CHOCOLATE
    3. SECRET ADMIRER
    4. ARROWS
    5. DIAMONDS
    6. HEART
    7. GIFTS
    8. FLOWERS
    9. ROSE
    10. SWEETHEARTS
    11. DANCING
    12. RIBBONS
    13. FOREVER
    14. DOVE
    15. POETRY
    16. KISSES
    17. DATE
    18. LOVE BIRDS
    19. LOVE

Off to the Powderpuff Derby...wish us luck :)
    vina

• rhodes145
    11 years ago

BINGO!!!!!

• rhodes145
    11 years ago

Good luck Vina and Company!!!

• craftie2
    11 years ago

Congrats rhodes125

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Congrats, Rhodes!

Lots of luck, Vina and kids!

Shirley!

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Good morning!

Barbara, CONGRATULATIONS!! Can you send me your addy and I'll get your super prize mailed out to you :)

Taylor's shark car didn't finish in the top 10. They had 85 cars register, the girls had such a great time! But, she did win the Judge's Choice award! :D Taylor was so happy, she won a stuffed monkey!

Going to be 55 here today...finally! I get to fix some of my plant tags and pick up some of the winter YUCK! I think I'm even going to cook out on the grill today. Better enjoy it while it lasts today...going down to the 30's with wet snow by Wed. :(

I think we have officially wrapped up the month of February!

Have a great Sunday!
    vina

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Thanks for hosting a great swap, Vina!
    Shirley!

• oliveoyl3
    11 years ago

Congrates Barbara on bingo! Didn't it make your day? Anytime you win it's fun. That's why I like playing games with kids, so I can share the joy with them when they win! They keep me young & liven up my day when I'm feeling a bit "old" or "slow" with my achy body. I try to make sure I'm as perky as my happy plants. Some days it takes longer than others for my attitude check with a chronic illness. I hope that helps some of you, too. We all have something that makes life difficult. It's up to us what we do with it.

The theme this month was a steady reminder to keep my life simple (doesn't have to be perfect, just pleasantly completed) & make sure I'm sweet toward others (no matter what has happened or how I'm feeling). Thanks VINA for hosting & keep it fun for all of us!

Oh, I just realized I'm off tomorrow and yippy more time in my day because it's daylight savings time. No more coming home in the dark!

Corrine

• rhodes145
    11 years ago

Hello and thanks so much for this fun swap!!!!!!!!!

Shirley & Craftie2 & Corrine & Vina thanks for the congrats. It felt so good to win that I actually jumped up and did a dance. My significant other, Noel, went running for his camera so I calmed right down lol. No need for documentation... but I am so in love with all things garden and gardening that the idea of a "supa prize" got me up into the air.

Corrine, thank you for your thoughts on attitude -- I think you've got that absolutely right and I'll be filing your examples in the back of my mind and pulling them out when necessary and applicable....probably tomorrow lol!!!!

Have had a lot of fun and enjoyed meeting you all -- looking forward to sharing and hearing about everyone's gardening exploits and experiences in the coming season.

Thank you so much Vina for brightening each day with your stories and wonderful pictures, games, etc. and for all your organizational effort!!!

Best wishes,

Barbara
    rhodes145