Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new: obf feb swap: love stories/valentines

Posted by brittneysgran z6NC (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 29, 14 at 10:50

photo OurBloominFriendsLogo-Red.jpg

This swap will be an easy one and even if you are not an OBF member please join in if you like.

We know February is the month for lovers and represents Valentines day. Through out history we have heard of all the great love stories. To name a few:::
Romeo & Juliet
Cleopatra & Marc Anthony (Love so strong war was waged against them to break them up.
Bonnie & Clyde
John Alden & Priscilla Mullins (Romances in the earliest American Colonies)
Abigail & John Adams (Love affair during the Revolutionary War)
Annie Oakley & Frank Butler (Annie died in 1926 & Frank heartbroken died 18 days later)
Scarlett O Hara & Rhett Butler
Robin Hood & Maid Marian
King David & Bathsheba
Adam & Eve
Tarzan & Jane
And the list goes on.....
So what we will do is tell our own love story. Love is not only for the famous. How did you meet? Was it love at first sight or was it later? The best love story will get a
prize. We will also play BINGO so sign up and lets have some fun.
 photo 924385gn4kiwm5iv.gif

Also we will have partners and you are to make your partner a handmade valentine. Since the 19th century, handwritten valentines have given way to mass-produced greeting cards.

Approx. 190 million valentines are sent each year in the U.S. When you include the valentine-exchange cards made in school activities the figure goes up to 1 billion, and teachers become the people receiving the most valentines.

It will be a secret to your partner until they receive their card. I will let you know by e-mail who your valentine will be.

If you have a dollar tree locally or a craft store the possibilities are endless as to what you can create. Pinterest is an internet site that can help as well.

One other item to include in your card is anything you choose....You can send a packet of seeds, flower bulbs, candy & etc.

We must mail before Valentines Day so your partner will get their valentine before the big day, let's say by the 9th. Sign ups will be until Feb. 2nd..

photo 971435zvtgcly39v.gif

Shirley

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new: obf feb swap: love stories/valentines

ok I'm IN Shirley!

o

• Posted by mellen 4a/5-ctrl. IA (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 29, 14 at 22:20

Shirley, I will need to pass since I will be gone most of the month.

Have fun!
ME

o

I'm going to have to pass on this one, too. Everyone have fun. I'll stop in to say hello now and then.
Jeanne

o

I'd love to join, Shirley! I sent you an email.

o

I would love to be included in this. I'll email you in a few minutes Shirley!

Tammy

o

I'm in! Melinda

o

OK a good start, anyone can tell their love story and play BINGO whether they are participating or not.

Swapping:
sguanzon
panhandle_seed_swap
mcc 371
ilovefarac

Passing:
mellen
sandlapper_rose

My love story:
I met my husband to be in May 1968. I actually did not like him that much at first. Not sure why but he was nice and paid special attention to me. My Sister was the one who set us up in a blind date. I had been on several blind dates but they were not that great. I was from NC and most of the boys I dated were from GA. Several of my friends and I thought it was neat dating boys we did not go to school with. There was always a riff between NC and Ga boys. The NC boys did not like the GA boys coming into their hometown let along dating girls from there and vice a versa. We tried to avoid the conflict so when Eddie picked me up we always rode back to Georgia on our dates. My first Cousin Brenda lived beside my family and she dated Eddie's best friend Billy. We double dated always and had fun times together. One day in particular Eddie's car tore up and he hitch-hiked from Clayton, Georgia all the way to Franklin, NC. When he arrived at my house I told him he was not allowed to be there with out Mom and Dad being home so he left and hitch-hiked all the way back home. On Christmas day December 1968 Eddie asked me to marry him and I was 17 years old. I told him my Mom would never sign for me and that I needed to finish school. He told me he was moving to Atlanta, Georgia and living with his Sister & Husband and when we got married that was where we were going to live. When I shared this with Mom she said we would see. I finished my Junior year in school and married Eddie on July 4th 1969. The deal was I was to live with Eddie that Summer but come back to Franklin and finish my Senior year when school started back. When the Summer was over Eddie decided he did not want me to do that so I actually went and got my GED in Atlanta. Sheila my beautiful little daughter was born in January 1971. Steve my beautiful little son was born in July 1975. We lived in Atlanta, Ga until the Summer of 1981. We moved back to my hometown that year. The kids had always visited the Mountains and loved it here and wanted to be with all their cousins. I found the job where I am presently working so I have been here 31 years. I hope to retire someday and hybridize some daylilies. Never met many plants that I do not like. We have two Grandchildren Brittney and Dawson. They live right beside us so am loving this. Eddie has always told them when you cross the white fence it is sanctuary...no spankings on this side. We thought for years Brittney would be our only grandchild as her Mom said no more. Dawson was a surprise and the greatest surprise we ever got. This July 4th will be mine and Eddie's 45th anniversary.

o

I'm in but I will have to come back and tell my story. On my way out the door shortly. Margo

o

hello
I'm in
I love making valentines
michelle

o

Shirley, your story made me smile. The part about him hitchhiking all the way to your house, then being sent away, reminded me of a similar scene in that movie “Walk The Line”. It's about Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash. Johnny did the same thing and June sent him on his way.

This post was edited by Panhandle_Seed_Swap on Thu, Feb 20, 14 at 7:55

o

Would love to join in!

Jayeanne

o

Swapping:
sguanzon
panhandle_seed_swap
mcc 371
ilovefarac
smitties
micyrey
pinkiris

Passing:
mellen
sandlapper_rose

Welcome Margo, Michelle and Jayeanne.

Sheri-Loved the story about Mario. Sorry he is no longer with you. I can vouch for the love we have for our pets and the love they have for us. Thanks for sharing I can just see that little soft, creamy-colored ball of wrinkles (not your Husband) LOL I forgot about Johnny Cash in I Walk The Line walking to see June. Gosh I loved that movie, I have it somewhere and need to watch it again.

As in Sheri's story the love story does not have to be you and DH it can be your pet, friend, grandchild and etc. Have fun with it.

Shirley

o

would love to join this ; ) im not very active, but im a member of obf..

o

Shirley.....can't go wrong with a good love story.....count me in!

Shirley and Sheri........reading both of your stories put a big smile on my face!!!! Cheers to good LOVE!!

Happy Friday!!

Annie

o

Swapping:
sguanzon
panhandle_seed_swap
mcc 371
ilovefarac
smitties
micyrey
pinkiris
christine00
canyonwind

Passing:
mellen
sandlapper_rose

Welcome Christine and Annie....
Happy Friday to you Annie. What a nice surprise seeing you post Christine.

February 2013 photo 300x300xFebruaryBanner_gif_pagespeed_ic_8Al7e7eJmB_zpse12b9bd8.png

Tidbits for the month of February:

Dump Your Significant Jerk Week: 2-9 (Always Week Before Valentines Day)

Never knew this but now we know.

February is Adopt a Rescued Rabbit Month!!!!!!Really

I don't like rabbits they eat up my garden and my lilies.

Shirley

o

Wow, Shirley... looks like a great swap turn-out! I'm finding some really cute Valentine ideas online. I went to "Pinterest", as you suggested, and it's kind of addicting - looking at so many cool ideas.

o

Sheri-Love the heart shaped tongue....too cute. Yes pinterest is addictive, I try not to click on there some days when busy. I have thought I was on there around 15-20 minutes and it ends up being 1-2 hours. My daughter and I have the pre-school class tomorrow at Church and she found the cutest idea with smores on pinterest. Love Pinterest......

Shirley

o
RE: new: feb swap: love stories/valentines

Swapping:
sguanzon
panhandle_seed_swap
mcc 371
ilovefarac
smitties
micyrey
pinkiris
christine00
canyonwind
brittneysgran

Looks like we have 10 swapping so I will send you your valentines name via e-mail.

If you did not get your name please let me know.

Shirley

o

Shirley, loved your wonderful story. Sheri, I also enjoyed your humorous story and its shows us how our pets ARE our family.

I did get my name and thank you. I will be back and try to make my love story interesting. LOL

Margo

o

Shirley, I received the name of my Secret Valentine....thanks!

Happy Monday!!

Annie

o

Shirley, Got the email you sent with my secret Valentine, and Im getting it mailed out in the morning.....

Jayeanne

o

hi ladies...I see I am late to the game, but that's okay, I probably could not have played this month anyway, I have more going on than one person needs and there's not enough days in the month. plus with this awful weather...don't get me started.

Shirley, I loved your love story. I too was so touched by his hitch hiking to and fro. now that is love. no wonder it's lasted. m ay more years of blessings!

sheri your story about your devoted marco reminded me of my dear, sweet hazel...gone, but never forgotten. what joy a dog brings to our life/heart. so glad to know you healed as well as possible and that special creature was there for you in your greatest hours.

looking forward to reading more about everyone. i'll have to work on mine, even know i'm not swapping!

stay warm, stay well
maryanne

o

I thought I would stop by and tell my not so romantic or exciting story of how I met my husband many years ago.

We both worked at a Hardees restaurant in Roseville, Mi. I was working there with my best friend Linda and my husband transferred from another Hardees as an assistant manager trainee. I have never been a very forward person so when I meet someone, I am quiet and seem a bit standoffish. That is why he first thought I was a b$%&h. (figure that word out. LOL) As we became friends, I began to think he had hots for my friend. One day in 1976, Adrian asked me out to go to the Detroit holiday parade at Thanksgiving time. I said yes but the next day he called to tell me he changed his mind. It wasn't a big deal because I wasn't sure if I had an interest in him. A couple days later, he called to say he had made a mistake and would I mind going to the parade with him. I said o.k. We went to that parade and then continued to date. Two months later, we decided we would like to get married in the future. We didn't want to freak our family out by getting an engagement ring so we decided to get "steady" rings. Does anyone remember those? You bought a nice ring and wore that as a sign that you were in a relationship. We chose cats eye stones on each of our rings. That let the family know we were serious. We were engaged December of 1977 and married on Friday the 13th, July 1979. Its been a great ride ever since including having five children who now range in age from 20-31 and we have a 4 month old grandson.

I hope everyone in the line of this new winter storm stays safe. We are due 8-10 inches overnight. It just started snowing about a half an hour ago. I am over this winter. Margo

o

Margo-Great love story you and Adrian. And the children we have, what can I say. I do remember the steady rings.
Whew I don't like the snow word...I am so over this winter as well.

Maryanne-Please share your love story with us and also join in the BINGO game I am going to post. Are you guys expecting snow too?

Happy to see everyone has received their names. I worked on my card today. I think I changed it 4-5 times.

*Choose 15 from the group below

*Email me your 15 selections (do not post them here) by February 7. Please put OBF BINGO in the subject line.

*Please keep a copy of your BINGO selections.

* First person who gets their 15 and calls BINGO wins a prize.

BELOVED
BE MINE
BAND
BOWS AND ARROWS
BOYFRIEND
CANDY
CARDS
CHERISH
CHOCOLATES
CUPID
DOVES
EVER AFTER
FALL IN LOVE
FEBRUARY 14TH
FEBRUARY
FLOWERS
FRIEND
GIFTS
GIRLFRIEND
HEARTS
HUGS
JEWELRY
KISSES
LETTERS
LOVE
LOVE BIRDS
LOVE STORY
PINK
POEM
RED
RING
ROMANCE
ROMEO & JULIET
ROSES
SAINT VALENTINE
SECRET ADMIRER
SWEETHEART
THE NOTEBOOK
TITANTIC
VALENTINE

Shirley

o

Really sweet love story, Margo. :) Do you still have those "cats eye" rings? I remember that style of ring, too.

I sent you my Bingo list, Shirley. Fun! Thank you for doing that for us!

o

I'm so sad I missed out on this swap. :o(
But I would love to participate in the Love Story and the
Valentine Bingo. Such CUTE ideas!

I have enjoyed reading the Love Stories posted so far. A good way to get to know some of you. :o)
And Sheri I do understand the love of a good dog! Marco ... you were loved back by Sheri!

My Love Story
My husband moved to MI and down the street from me when he was 10 and I was 11. We were too young to be interested in the opposite sex at that time. To me he was always the fat boy who lived next door to my best friend. Sorry for the terminology, but it was what I thought.

Then in the summer of his 14th year, he went on a crash diet and lost a BUNCH of weight. I began to sit up and take notice. My friend began 'going steady' with John's best friend. Those 3 all lived right next to each other, I lived 8 houses down. We all began to 'hang out' together.

John would not go on a date with me till he could drive ... he wouldn't let me drive us on a date. LOL
We have been together from that time on. But in college (we went to the same university) we decided we wanted to date others also. Somehow we managed to do that and stay together. I guess neither one of us found someone 'better.' Thank Goodness.

We married after college, had our first child 5 years after that and our second 2 years later. A girl and a boy.
We were very happy.
Sadly, as some of you know, we lost our son in 2010. He was 19. I've written this next Paragraph many times to get it right, not sad, but what love can be and what the power of love can do. .....
We had always loved each other and our children dearly, I didn't think I could love my husband more. But when you lose a child, you come close to losing yourself. John saved me, literally saved my life during those dark months/years. He has told me that my needing him that much, saved him. He needed someone to help and that was how he dealt with the tragedy. Our lovely daughter came home from school and stayed with us for a year and a half. I had to include her in this love story, she put her young life on hold to make sure her parents were ok.

We hope to retire in 5 years and tell our daughter we are going to follow her wherever she may end up after Law School. We plan on living close by to her and hopefully some Grandchildren. She loves to come up with some strange places she may live .... just to tease us. Would you move to Iceland? China? Iran? Alaska? Upper Peninsula of Michigan?

I'm so thankful I am married to my Bestfriend.
A cliché I know, but the Absolute Truth.

Sharon

o

Sweet Sharon I remember it all so well...you made me cry.
Our friendships on gardenweb will be forever. Thanks for sharing your love story not only with John but your beautiful children. What fun to follow your daughter wherever her life takes her. Good to know we will have a lawyer we know someday just in case. LOL

Don't forget to send your BINGO words...this means anyone and all.

Shirley

o

Shirley, I will email my 15 BINGO words today or tomorrow.

Each love story is unique, honest and beautiful........I have enjoyed reading them.

And I am working on my card for ???????????????????????????....and having fun doing it!

Thanks again Shirley! Happy day to all!

Annie

o

I emailed my words to you Shirley. We had so much snow that we were under a level 2, meaning don't go out on the roads unless necessary. Our shop closes on a level 2. I wasn't scheduled to work but since the owner is gone and I am in charge, I had to make the decision. I am glad I didn't have to work since I had a bad, bad headache most of the day. A second dose of tylenol is starting to help. I had plans to start my card but that got put on the back burner. I will get it done in time as I have a plan.

I sure hope we don't continue with the level two until tomorrow. We can't make money if we are closed and this isn't a good retail month to begin with. I am also scheduled 10-6 so don't want to miss the hours.

Hope everyone is staying warm and dry and safe during this storm. Margo

o

Annie, Margo and Sheri I received your list of BINGO words.

Hope everyone is working on their cards to ????????

Margo-The weather says we may get snow again tonight...it was beautiful this morning and as the day got later the temps dropped. Hope your shop stays open during this.

Mom's Birthday was today so after work I went to the nursing home to visit with her. She is so funny....She told others there her age was 58 and then sometimes she said 85. Lord bless them.

Shirley

o

Shirley

Sent my bingo words to your email, LOL. Hope you got them LMK.

Jayeanne

o

Shirley, did you receive my bingo words? I emailed them through GW yesterday.
Sharon

o

I received Jayeannes and Sues BINGO words.

No Sharon I did not get yours...I don't get the e-mails through GW for some reason. Just send them to flowerlover1@frontier.com. Thanks

I will start drawing words on Saturday so get your BINGO words sent.

Goodness I just left my volleyball game and it started snowing on the way home. This is the most snow we have seen in years.

Shirley

o

Good morning! I will try and get this all typed up with one hand! Wish I had done my love story earlier! Did get my secret valentine done before my arm messed up and it's going in mail today. I hope whoever gets it, it is fine as my dgt. had to put it in the package for me. I have a deep vein thrombosis in my upper left arm in the axillary vein! Don't know where it came from or why, but now doing Lovenox injections and taking Coumadin as this is the second time. I
'm not suppose to use my arm for anything as good probability it can chunck off and go to my lungs! So I'm going to get my story in best as I can! One peck at a time! LOL!
I was married once before and had 2 children a boy and then 6 years later a girl. I divorced him when my girl was a baby. Just too young and too many problems. So I was raising my kids alone for 6 years, going to school and on my off time, I installed poultry equipment in new house's that were being built. I did the cabling and winching , etc. I was in some houses in Missouri doing the cabling and the watering crew came in to put up the waterers. I knew all these guys, but they had a new one with them. I thought, oh my he is handsome! Never said anything but hello to him the entire day and weekend. When we left that job,my stepfather said that was one of the guy's I knew brother. He had been in OK city and hadn't ever stayed around much. He usually did brick work and was just helping out for a few days. Well he stayed on my mind, but never thought anything else about it. One night I was studying and knock came on the door. I went over to it and there he stood, hat in hands, looking like a little boy about to get into trouble. I asked him how he find my house and what was he doing there. He said, your mom told me where it was and wanted to know if you'd go out to supper with me. This was done in very slow jerky voice, like he was scared to death! I said sure that would be great! He turned around and got in his truck and I went in and called my mom so excited that I had a date with him. She asked me when we were going and it dawned on me, I didi't know. He never said and neither did I! I thought that's the pits, I finally get a date and don't even know when! But a couple weeks later he showed up and took me and the kids to supper, then became a rountine of doing everything with the kids. We went to school carnival, skating, pizza places,go-kars, etc. After about 2 months of this, I asked him, did you just date me to see the kids or do you want to go out with just me! He said I thought you'd never ask! LOL! So next date was a grown up date with out kids. A month later we were together and never spent a minute apart after that! He raised my children as his own and provided nicely for me and spoiled me a lot until he died in 1999 at the age of 51. hHe was the love of my life and my soulmate! I am still single and probably always will be. I don't go out , I still miss him daily! We only had 17 of the most wonderful years of my life and almost didn't know when my first date was going to be!
I hope I didn't mess up too bad. Hard to type with one hand!
Hope you ladies all have a great day!
Shirley, I sent my bingo words to you!

o

Melinda-Thanks for your wonderful love story. It takes a special person to love your children and you found that special man. You did an excellent job typing with one hand. Sorry to hear about your left arm and please take care of yourself. You two must have been so excited not to have set a specific date for your date.

I have received Christines and Melindas valentine words.

Shirley

o

Sharon and Melinda... your stories made me smile. Such good, true love stories. It seems like profound sadness always goes hand in hand with genuine love.

o

Melinda, I was glued to your story. I loved how you described him! A wonderful story, with a sad/happy ending.
I say sad since you only had 17 years with the love of your life, but happy since you said, "17 of the most wonderful years of my life "

All of our stories touch my heart.

Shirley, I tried sending my Bingo words again this morning.
Hope you get them and hoping its not too late.

sharon

o

Sharon-I got them...thanks. I will draw two words a day until we have a winner.

I sent my card out to my secret valentine today. I had lots of fun with it...hope she likes it.

Swapping:
sguanzon
panhandle_seed_swap
mcc 371
ilovefarac
smitties
micyrey
pinkiris - sent
christine00
canyonwind
brittneysgran - sent

Shirley

o

My secret valentine card is now on its way...........

I will post my "love story" next week....unless I get around to it today.... I am headed out of town for a few days.

Melinda.....beautiful love story!!!

Happy weekend to all!

Annie

o

i met my husband at a party in another state. we spent most of the evening dancing and then we left party and spent the night driving around til morning. in the morning i traveled home with my friends. a week later i got a letter in the mail! we dated long distance for about a year then i moved to be closer to him . about 4 years later we got married! we have been married 6 years now and have two children.

o

Look at what I got in today's mail! I was thrilled! Thank you so much Jayeanne for the lovely card and beautiful poem on the inside! Made me miss my grandmother very much! She also send Chocolate Strawberry cream heart and 2 ghirardellis heart with white chocolate in the center. And then 2 packs of seeds- valentine radish mix and cupids sweetheart sweetpeas! I love it all and you did a great job on the card! Very nice! Thanks again so much! Melinda P.S. sorry about glare on the pic, but tried it several places and it just wouldn't go away!

o

Hey Melinda! So happy you enjoyed everything... my girls had helped me out with my valentines =) My middle one wins some of our 'state' of the arts competitions so she loves to do stuff like this, and is very artsy and talented, (she doesnt get that from me, LOL) Thanks for letting me know everything arrived ok, Wishing you a beautiful and Happy St Valentine's Day!

Hugs!
Jayeanne

o

Love the cards you send Jayeanne! I forgot to post that I mailed mine on Wednesday. This week went fast!

o

Thanks Sheri!! I appreciate that =)

Wishing you a beautiful and Happy St Valentine's Day!

Jayeanne

o

Swapping:
sguanzon
panhandle_seed_swap
mcc 371
ilovefarac
smitties
micyrey
pinkiris - sent/received by ilovefarac
christine00
canyonwind
brittneysgran - sent

Christine-Loved your love story. Seems we all have two children.

BINGO words drawn today:

Pink
Love Story

Shirley

o
RE: new: feb swap: love stories/valentines

Swapping:
sguanzon
panhandle_seed_swap - sent
mcc 371
ilovefarac
smitties
micyrey
pinkiris - sent/received by ilovefarac
christine00
canyonwind
brittneysgran - sent

Jayeanne-I agree that card is beautiful...hallmark has nothing on you.

o

I have loved all the love stories! And yes, I loved the Valentine , Jayeanne! Very nice! And bingo has started, yeah!
Hugs to all, Melinda

o

Thank you for the kind words Shirley, it sure brought a big smile to my face, I let my daughter know all the compliments and she also had a big smile =) thanks ladies!

Jayeanne

o

BINGO words for Sunday...............

Beloved
Secret Admirer

Shirley

o

I mailed my secret Valentine this morning. Right on the deadline and I hope it gets there in time for V day.

More snow here last night. They keep saying 3 but we received about 6. We have more snow on the ground than I have seen in years. I realized this morning that there has been snow covering here since January 1st which is very unusual in the past several years. The temperatures are still too low for anything to melt.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Margo

o

I posted on the Rate and Review forum for you Jayeanne! I love playing Bingo but not doing so good so far! But still have time to get there.
I did send my Valentine last week. Don't know if I said that or not!
Have a great Sunday everyone! I so wanted to go to church but can't use my arm to drive yet and thought I had a ride but they never called like they said. Makes me wonder about how Christian some people really are, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they just forgot and nothing bad happened to them. But was very sad for me. I love going to church! Melinda

o

Margo-Sorry to hear about all that snow. Weather channel says we are getting some in the next few days, I was sure hoping it would stay warm after the last one. THINK SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!

Melinda-I do hope your ride to Church resulted in them just forgetting. I swear I have to write myself notes all the time anymore. At our craft class last Tuesday we all got in a discussion about how we forget things and do crazy stuff. I laughed so hard at some of the stories. I was glad to know I am not the only one. One lady said she had left her purse in the shopping cart twice at the grocery store. Only missed it when she got home. I love going to Church as well and had to miss this morning. I had a few symptoms of vertigo. As the day has progressed it is not that bad now, sure hope it does not get worse this next week.

Shirley

o

Shirley, I do hope that the vertigo gets better! I have that quite often and it is a horrible feeling! Yes, I am hoping they just forgot myself. I will just not dwell on it and hope can drive myself by next weekend. I go for more lab tomorrow and see what they will change my Lovenox and Coumadin to.
Can't wait to see everyone else's cards! Please post pics when you get them! Melinda

o

i mailed mine off today. sorry im a day late! was thinking monday was the 9th!

o

Swapping:
sguanzon
mcc 371
ilovefarac - sent/received
smitties - sent
micyrey
pinkiris - sent
christine00 - sent
canyonwind
brittneysgran - sent

BINGO words for Monday Feb. 10th

Boyfriend
February 14th

All words drawn:
Pink
Love Story
Beloved
Secret Admirer
Boyfriend
February 14th

Shirley

o

In my haste to get my bubbly sent on Sunday, I totally missed putting something inside. I will be mailing it separately and hopefully tomorrow. If not, Wednesday for sure. I am sorry to my Valentine for my slip up. Margo

o

Melinda!! Wow! Thank you ever so much for everything you sent.... I am in awe of your beautiful Valentine that you made, I absolutely love it! It is gorgeous! Thank you also for the anti bacterial hand lotions, and the super cute book "thoughts to warm the heart" and the heart full of chocolate! (which is gone already! LOL) I enjoyed everything! and will continue reading the thoughts to warm the heart each day to remind me of the thoughtful gifts you sent for Valentine's Day! Thank you so much Melinda!! I really appreciate it =) Also wanted to thank you for the rate and review, that was very thoughtful. I too really enjoyed swapping with you!! =)

Jayeanne

o

I'm glad you liked it! I loved making it for you! I made it the day before I got the clots and my dgt. packed the package and was so afraid it would get all messed up before it got there! I was thrilled with mine also! Have a wonderful
Valentine's day and that is for all the ladies! I'm so enjoying the swap! Melinda

o

Melinda-Such a beautiful card...love everyone posting their valentine. Glad you are doing well after your ordeal. Happy Valentine's day to you.

Swapping:
sguanzon
mcc 371
smitties - sent
micyrey
pinkiris - sent/received
christine00 - sent
canyonwind
brittneysgran - sent

One of Cupid's helpers said they had mailed their valentine and their secret partner should have received by now. Please post if you have received your valentine/with a picture if possible.

I have started some seeds and have them in the greenhouse. I want this winter to be over....I need to see green.

So excited I received a letter and was accepted for the Master Gardener's class starting this Friday. Is anyone in this group a Master Gardener?

Shirley

o

I'm so sorry I've been MIA. Busy busy weekend! No excuse.

I received my fabulous envelope from Sheri!
My valentine was a heart that said Valentine You have the Write Stuff........with a Sharpie as the arrow. So creative! And who of us doesn't need more sharpies! LOL!
Also some lovely cuttings .... I couldn't find a note or anything but that's me sometimes.....what cuttings are they?
And some wonderful seeds from my want list in a handmade envelope
Also a "Dream Legacy" daylily- somebody knows I love Daylilies :)

Thanks so much Sheri.

Sue G

o

Sue-Nice envelope full of good stuff...how creative with the sharpie marker. I love sharpie markers and have all the colors they make.

Swapping:
sguanzon - received
mcc 371
smitties - sent
micyrey
pinkiris - sent/received
christine00 - sent
canyonwind
brittneysgran - sent

Tuesday's BINGO words:

Ever after
Doves

All words drawn:
Pink
Love Story
Beloved
Secret Admirer
Boyfriend
February 14th
Ever after
Doves

Shirley

o

Shirley!!! Thank you so much for the beautiful handmade Valentines, Blue King Siberian Iris bulb (I don't have anything like it!), treats and all the great seeds... Valentine Petunia, Split Personality Morning Glory, Dolly Parton Tomato, Amaranthus caudatus Red and Park's Pink Peony. It all arrived in today's mail. It was in a pretty Valentine box, too.

Where on earth did you find heart shaped marshmallows and mini tootsie roll pops?! I've never seen anything like those. Everything is so thoughtful. I love it all. Thank you!

o

I'm sooo happy that you liked your package, Sue. :)

You made me LOL because those aren't cuttings, they're garden markers for your plants (or planters) The sharpie is for writing on the garden markers. I'm going to post a photo that I took, before I sent it. It was "pinterest" inspired.

I was thinking "Cuttings? Did I put cuttings in there?". Ha! Too funny!

o

Here is a photo of where I got the idea. I used plastic school folders to make the hearts, so they'd be waterproof, and my hot glue gun to attach them.

This post was edited by Panhandle_Seed_Swap on Tue, Feb 11, 14 at 18:19

o

Sheri-Glad you liked your goodies. The heart shaped marshmallows came from the Dollar Tree. If you make the smores with the graham, marshmallows and chocolate enjoy!!! The mini Tootsie Rolls I found at Dollar General. Don't you just love pinterest? The card you sent is so cute, and also the garden markers. Love that Sue thought they were cuttings. (made me smile)

Swapping:
sguanzon - received
panhandle_seed_swap - sent/received
mcc 371
smitties - sent
micyrey
pinkiris - sent/received
christine00 - sent
canyonwind
brittneysgran - sent

The storm that is supposed to hit the South may take out our power so I will post Wednesday's BINGO words tonight.

Bows and Arrows
Hearts

All words drawn:
Pink
Love Story
Beloved
Secret Admirer
Boyfriend
February 14th
Ever after
Doves
Bows and Arrows
Hearts

Stay Warm and if any of you will be in the path of this storm stay safe.

Shirley

o

Went to the post office to mail my secret valentine out and what to my surprise did I receive when checking my mail??? A very cute valentine from canyonwood (Annie)!! The card had roses and pearl white beads on it. It was wrapped in tissue paper an tied with some sprig cuttings of what I think is rosemary. Inside was 4 pkgs of seed and another wrapped package had a dark chocolate bar in it. I will try to post a pic tomorrow.
Thank you so much Annie! I loved all of it!

Tammy/ mcc371

This post was edited by mcc371 on Wed, Feb 12, 14 at 18:39

o

My valentine was a heart that said Valentine You have the Write Stuff........with a Sharpie as the arrow. So creative! And who of us doesn't need more sharpies! LOL!
Also some lovely cuttings .... I couldn't find a note or anything but that's me sometimes.....what cuttings are they?

Thanks so much Sheri.

Sue G

o

Thanks so much Sheri.

Sue G

o

Swapping:
sguanzon -sent/ received
mcc 371 - sent/received
smitties - sent
micyrey
pinkiris - sent/received
christine00 - sent
canyonwind - sent
brittneysgran - sent

The company I work for called and said no work today so watching it snow. Not sure how much will accumulate at least we still have power. DH set up the generator just in case. The only thing we don't have with a power outage is water. My DD built her home beside us and when they had their well drilled they hit a vein of water that would furnish 6-7 homes. We decided to hook our house onto their well and just water all my plants from our well. If it gets really dry we can water 24 hours a day. We also put a pump in our pond and water the same. My plants get plenty of water regardless. They really like the pond water because it has all the fish in it. I don't even have to buy fertilizer. LOL

Shirley

o

Sheri

What a great Idea! and what a silly goose I am!

I was just thinking what great plant markers they would make LOL!
Sue G

o

Swapping:
sguanzon -sent/ received
mcc 371 - sent/received
smitties - sent
micyrey - sent
pinkiris - sent/received
christine00 - sent
canyonwind - sent
brittneysgran - sent

I think everyone has sent their valentines just a few left to receive.

3 BINGO words for Thursday.

Roses
Be Mine
Flowers

All words drawn:
Pink
Love Story
Beloved
Secret Admirer
Boyfriend
February 14th
Ever after
Doves
Bows and Arrows
Hearts
Roses
Be Mine
Flowers

Sue I tell my GS all the time he is a silly goose.

Shirley

o

hello
I got a nice homemade card from margo/smitties, love the bling.
with my card I got a shinny gold spoon with a heart on the handle.

a jasmine car air freshener, rilly needed one of these.

and some seeds fennel, coreopsis, oregano, and forget me nots.

thanks soo much
michelle

o

Swapping:
sguanzon -sent/ received
mcc 371 - sent/received
smitties - sent
micyrey - sent/received
pinkiris - sent/received
christine00 - sent
canyonwind - sent
brittneysgran - sent

If any of you like coneflowers..there is a co-op going on now.

http://allthingsplants.com/thread/view/22829/Echinacea-Co-op/

Shirley

o

Michelle, hopefully the rest of your Valentine will arrive tomorrow. It goes along with the poem I put inside the card and I missed putting it in. Glad at least the first part arrived in time. I just can't trust the post office anymore to get my package there when promised.

Happy Valentines day to all my Gardenweb friends. Margo

o

• Posted by ruthz 8 dfw texas (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 14, 14 at 15:00

Happy Valentine's Day.
I'm not in the swap this month, but have enjoyed reading all the love stories.

o

Received a very cute card from Tammy today which her granddaughter helped her make. Tammy include a large almond/sea salt dark chocolate candy bar. My husband had his eye on it so I quickly stashed it away. She also sent wildflower seeds, orange pepper, lettuce, and moss rose seeds. These are going to be great in my garden this spring.

Thank you and Happy Valentines day. Margo

o

photo ValentinesDay2009.jpg

Swapping:
sguanzon -sent/ received
mcc 371 - sent/received
smitties - sent/received
micyrey - sent/received
pinkiris - sent/received
christine00 - sent
canyonwind - sent
brittneysgran - sent

Bingo Words for Valentines Day:::::::::::

Letters
Chocolates
Ring

Shirley

o
RE: new: obf swap: love stories/valentines

Well I set up long enough to post Saturdays BINGO words:

Lovebirds
Fall In Love
Cupid

All words drawn:
Pink
Love Story
Beloved
Secret Admirer
Boyfriend
February 14th
Ever after
Doves
Bows and Arrows
Hearts
Roses
Be Mine
Flowers
Letters
Chocolates
Ring
Lovebirds
Fall In Love
Cupid

Is any one close?

Shirley

o

I have nine words so only need six more. I am sure someone must be closer.

I had a nice Valentines day and received flowers from my hubby. We were busy at the little gift shop I work at. Haven't seen this many men in the store in the whole year combines. LOL It is amazing what some will buy for their wives. One guy bought a flexible cutting board and a pack of scrubby dishcloths. Perhaps he was presenting something else he bought with it. :)

Have a good weekend everyone. Margo

o

BINGO words chosen thus far:

Be Mine
Beloved
Bows and Arrows
Boyfriend
Chocolates
Cupid
Doves
Ever after
Fall In Love
February 14th
Flowers
Hearts
Letters
Love Story
Lovebirds
Pink
Ring
Roses
Secret Admirer

GAME TIME

There is one BINGO word that no one chose in their list. Tell me which word it is and you win this:::::::::::::

LILY WHISTLER
Whistler Lily photo lilybulbwhistler_zpsa10fe014.gif

(Hint-the word has been drawn already)

Shirley

o

How about "Letters"

o

I guess Boyfriend. Gorgeous lily!

o

i'll guess secret admirers.

my valentine came from sguanzon today. thank-you!! there were pirouline dark chocolate wafers, tulips daydream, another bag of tulips and a pretty card. i love it, thanks!

o

I returned home yesterday to find a package from my secret somebody. I just opened it! So sorry for the delay in posting!

Christine sent me a lovely package!!!!!!

Enclosed a darling card.....homemade and so happy with a big pink flower on the front. I have to figure out how to make those....
Christine also sent me a bag of Gladiolus "Sugar Plum" mixture, a bag of milk chocolate hearts and a bobbing ladybug.....this is so cute. I will hang it from the gazebo this afternoon.

Christine....absoloutley wonderful.....THANKS!!

Shirley, I will guess that no one picked RING!!

And I just checked my BINGO words.....not close...LOL!

Happy Saturday!

Annie

o

I just got home from seeing Winter Tales.....loved it has anyone else seen it yet?

Swapping:
sguanzon -sent/ received
mcc 371 - sent/received
smitties - sent/received
micyrey - sent/received
pinkiris - sent/received
christine00 - sent/received
canyonwind - sent/received
brittneysgran - sent

Tammy has sent mine so I should get it on Monday.

Christine-You are the winner....nobody picked the word secret admirer. I guess no one has a secret admirer including myself. LOL I will mail your lily hopefully next week. I will let you know when I take it to the PO so you can watch for it.

I will think of another game and post a prize.

Shirley

o

Very nice Valentine's being given here on OBF.
I just love seeing and reading what everyone is doing.

Hey Shirley, you have chosen 19 words now .... I only have 9 of them .... I'm not even batting 500. :o(
LOL

o

Sharon-I play BINGO at work and never win...sure am glad I am not a BINGO addict. I would never win at it. Hopefully your luck will turn around, drawing 3 words again tomorrow.

GAME TIME

Whew I had to work up an excel sheet to figure this game question out. There were two words that were chosen more times by you than the other words. What two words are they?

The winner gets this:::::::::::::::::

Muscadet Lily

photo d487b2e4-39ce-4bee-8863-eac45210c17e_zps3f646899.jpg

Hint-Both words have been drawn

Shirley

o

I'll guess Flowers and Chocolates! They sound like the ingredients for a perfect morning to me. :)

o

I'll guess cupid and hearts!

o

I hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day. I haven't been very good about logging on this month. There has been a lot going on and Mother Nature keeps playing tricks on us: two winter storms that lingered for days then topped off by an earthquake on Friday evening. No kidding! Here in SC. No damage that I know of - just another weird event.
We are very thankful that our power didn't go out. The ice storm sure could have been a disaster and it was much worse one county over with 90% of that county losing their power.
I'm adding a picture of the more recent storm that included snow, ice, freezing rain, rain, and more snow. This is the railing on my front porch and you can kind of see the layers to it.
Hopefully in a few weeks my new granddaughter will be here and I can chime in with some great news!
Jeanne

o

I will guess candy and flowers. Two of my favorite things.

Margo

o

Headed out to sow some seeds at a friends house.

Here are the three BINGO words for Sunday.

Friend
Titanic
The Notebook

Will check the game when I return.

Hi Jeanne...I felt the earthquake here as well.

Shirley

o

Shirley, I will guess the girls picked "Chocolates" and "Roses" more than any other!!!

Enjoy your Sunday!

Annie

o

Ill guess girlfriend and band

Jayeanne

o

I'll guess Pink and Roses.

Ha, Ha, Shirley, I choose none of the 3 new words. I don't play Bingo much .... once every 5 years maybe, but I have wonderful memories of playing it at my Grandma and Grandpas house as a child. So I get a kick out of it when we play it here.
Sharon

o

wow thats exciting! i dont usually win games, lol. thank-you! i will guess chocolates and fall in love..
Annie im glad you liked your gift! i had fun making the card and shopping for the gift. i found out how to make the flower on pinterest.

o

OK just got back from planting seeds for a friend who lives in Fl. Sure hope they come up and she gets to enjoy them. You just never know about seeds. I have planted them and never see anything come up, so we will see.

Just checked guesses and Annie and Sharon have one of the words right so everyone try again.

Christine-Enjoy your new lily...I will mail it out tomorrow.

Shirley

o

guessing again with roses and love story

Jayeanne

o

I will guess roses and valentine. Margo

o

I'm going to guess roses and hearts!
As most of you know, I have had a deep vein clot in my arm and now have small one in my left calf. I was in hospital until Thursday evening from Tuesday. So far no damage to my heart. But they want me to see my oncologist now and not wait for my yearly appt. in March. They think my pancreas, duodenum, and other places need to be checked to be sure all this chest pain and things I am having arent' coming from their. So my question is this, I was hosting in March, but have so many things going on right now, I would love to possibly switch months with someone else. I could still probably do it, but doubt if could concentrate on doing a good swap or be a good hostess right now. So if anyone would like to change a month with me, Please let me know! I am sorry, but feel like it's best for right now! Thanks for understanding and hopefully someone will be happy to trade months for me.

Thanks for your time and hope all have a wonderful evening! Melinda

o

Shirley, Guessing Roses and Be Mine

Melinda, I could take march off your hands since I don't have a month ,
Sharon

o

Melinda, I'm praying for a your speedy recovery and restored health. You're such a sweetie!

I will guess Roses and Flowers. :)

o

Thank you so very much Sharon! I was looking forward to it, but sure I'll join. Just don't think I'll be able to host as might not be here daily with other dr. visits, etc. I so appreciate it! Melinda
All you ladies have a great day!

o

I will guess Roses and Love Story

o

i will guess roses and beloved..

o

No one has the second word yet so guess again.
Roses
?

I need everyone to vote on the best love story. Please read each one again and e-mail me your choice. These are the ladies who submitted a story.
Sheri
Margo
Sharon
Melinda
Christine

Melinda-As you read Sharon will take March. I think we had a couple of months still open so I will check and see which ones. Hope you are still doing well and no more clots.

Jeanne-A new GD..how exciting. Can't wait to see pictures.

BINGO WORDS for Monday.
Cherish
Poem
February

Shirley

o

going to guess roses and February 14th

Jayeanne

o

ill guess roses and lovebirds..

o

I'll guess roses and fall in love!~

o

How about Roses and Cupid?

o

How about Roses and Doves????

o

Roses and Ring perhaps?

o

February - Shirley (In progress)
March - Sharon
April - Jayeanne
May - Margaret
June - Shirley
July - Carol
August -
September - Jeanne
October - Annie
November - Maryanne
December -

Melinda-August and December are the months not assigned to any one. Hope one of them works for you.

We have a WINNER:::::::Annie
Roses and Doves is the right answer.

Don't forget to vote for you favorite love story. You can e-mail me your choice.

Shirley

o

August will work great for me! Thanks to Sharon again!
Congrats Annie! Hope everyone has a great day!

o

March - Sharon
April - Jayeanne
May - Margaret
June - Shirley
July - Carol
August - Melinda
September - Jeanne
October - Annie
November - Maryanne
December -

BINGO WORDS for Tuesday:::::::::::

Sweetheart
Saint Valentine
Candy

Good Luck.

Shirley

o

BINGO WORDS for Wed.

Valentine
Hugs
Romance

Shirley

o
RE: new: obf swap: love stories/valentines

March - Sharon
April - Jayeanne
May - Margaret
June - Shirley
July - Carol
August - Melinda
September - Jeanne
October - Annie
November - Maryanne
December - Sheri

We now have all the months covered for 2014....way to go ladies.

Swapping:
sguanzon -sent/ received
mcc 371 - sent/received
smitties - sent/received
micyrey - sent/received
pinkiris - sent/received
christine00 - sent/received
canyonwind - sent/received
brittneysgran - sent/received

I received my awesome package from Michelle today...you outdid your self Michelle. What a great package you put together,.

Pink gloves
Baggies for seeds
Gardening twist ties (I'm all the time needing these)
2 hand creams from Avon (my favorite)
Plant markers
Vanilla antibacterial hand gel
4 valentine blow pops
16 Wild flower identification guides (love these)
Plastic quick connect sets
The most beautiful handmade valentine card..love it

I will find my camera and get a picture of all these wonderful things.

Thank you so much Michelle.

Is anyone even close getting BINGO?

WINNER::::::::Sharon you are the winner of the Love Story.
Your gift will go out hopefully on Monday.

GAME TIME

The winner of the following question will get this Lily Chill Out.

Chill Out Lily photo chilloutlily_zpsd1f43376.png

Something wonderful happened to my Granddaughter Brittney last Summer. Tell me what happened and in what month it happened.

You can go back through 2013 posts and find out all about it.

Shirley

o

Your beautiful granddaughter got married and it was in the month of June! The pictures where wonderful! Melinda

o

Melinda, I'm looking forward to hosting the March swap. I need a pick me up after this long winter. Now I have to start thinking of what to do for it .... hummmmm.

Thank you all for having me win the love story. It was nice reading all of them and getting to know just a little more about you. Sorry I missed the voting ... ive been paying attention mostly to the BINGO CONTEST. LOL

And I'm still 2 words away on that one. I would think there has to be one or 2 who are only a word away from winning.

I so dislike this month ... I call it the F month, no, not the bad word, I just don't say its name. LOL And this year it is really dragging on, but with a few rays of light ..... like this group. :o)

Annie, congrats on winning the 2 words game. Roses and Doves ... who knew ... 2 such beautiful words!

sharon

o

Melinda-You are the winner the month was June and a beautiful wedding it was. It will be in March before I can ship your lily Chill Out. The Dutchman said he would ship bulbs out in March. I ordered way too many but love them.

BINGO words for Thursday:

Red
Band
Romeo and Juliet

Shirley

o

BINGO!

o

I have to run to a Dr's appt. Do you still have my bingo list, Shirley? I can post it later tonight if you don't. :) THANK YOU!

Sheri

o

Thanks Shirley! March will be fine! And congrats on the
bingo, Sheri! Off to Fayetteville for my oncology visit! Have a great day all! Melinda

o

Hurray to Sheri for winning the bingo game!

o

Thank you, ladies! This has been a really fun swap. A big THANK YOU to you, Shirley.

o

Shirley, thanks for the lily!! it arrived in very good shape, and i look forward to seeing it bloom this year!

o

I loved this swap also, Shirley! A great host and great games! Thanks for hosting! Melinda

o

Thank you ladies so much for the kind words. I really enjoyed hosting and look forward to our months coming up. We are vacationing in Pigeon Forge, Tn this weekend. I'm trying out my tablet my DS bought me for Christmas. LOVE IT

Shirley

o

Shirley, enjoy your weekend. This was a great swap and I thank you for all you did. Margo

o

thank-you Shirley for the awesome swap!

o

Shirley, I received my Muscadet Oriental Lily...Thank you so much!!!!! And thank you for a very fun...fun....fun swap.
Enjoy your Pigeon Forge weekend!

Congrats Sheri on BINGO!!

Happy weekend to all!

Annie

o

March - Sharon
April -
May - Margaret
June - Shirley
July - Carol
August - Melinda
September - Jeanne
October - Annie
November - Maryanne
December - Sheri

Jayeanne will not be able to host the month of April so if anyone is interested LMK.

Winners for Februarys swap.
Christine-Lily Whistler (received)
Annie-Lily Muscadet (received)
Melinda-Lily Chill Out (sending in March)
Sheri our BINGO winner-
Sharon our Love Story winner-

Sheri and Sharon I will list some Lilies I have ordered and you tell me which Lily you would like for your prize. The shipment will arrive in March so I will mail when I receive them.

Lilies to choose from:
Black Out
Tiny Padhye
Vermeer
Dizzy
Hot Line
Giraffe
Red Dutch
Salmon Star

We had a wonderful time this week-end. We love for everyone in our small immediate family going on our mini vacation with us. We took the tour on the Titanic and it was great. Makes me want to watch the movie again. Friday and Saturday night the ladies went to the movies and saw Endless Love and Monument Men. We shopped so much we had to go to the late late shows. Such fun we got back to the cabins at 12:30 each night. Funny but I'm still not tired from the lack of sleep I got.

Night all,

Shirley

o

Shirley, so glad you had a wonderful time. Hmmm, sounds like fun .... shopping and movies!

Hubby and I took the daughter and dog to the FROZEN cottage. Walked out on the cottage lake, then walked on Lake Huron (one of the Great Lakes). Ate a nice Warm meal and spent the night in a hotel. Our cottage is truly a cottage ... lol. No water, no heat in the winter. Then Sunday we walked a trail in a nearby park and Walked on the river that runs through the park. Lots of walking on frozen water about sums up our trip. LOL
Believe it or not, we had a good time.

If possible I would love to have the Tiny Padhye Lily.
Thank you,
Sharon

o

Sharon good choice on the Tiny Padhye lily it is one of my favorites. I ordered it last year and wanted more of them so I ordered it again this year. The cottage sounds like lots of fun....sometimes the simple things make lasting memories.

Shirley

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here