Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowergirl34_gw

new: february obf: kiss (keep it simple and sweet) swap

flowergirl34
13 years ago

******imagine the OBF picture is right here :0)*******

(I tried to paste it and it wouldn't let me)

February is the month of love~

And what I love is keeping things simple :)

Welcome everyone to the February KISS (Keep It Simple and Sweet) Swap.

So here are the rules:

1. Please sign up :)

2. Everything for your swap should fit into a 8.25 x 10.5 inch bubble mailer. (This is the med/larger size bubble mailer)

3. Please include in your KISS:

~a card (it doesn't have to be a Valentine's Day card, just something nice you would like to send to a fellow OBF'er)

~some sweet seeds (one's you really like in your garden or maybe something off of you OBF'er's wish list)

~something sweet (maybe some chocolate, seed baggies, note cards or did I mention chocolate,lol!)

4. I'll take sign-ups until Saturday, February 12.

Will post partners on Sunday, Feb. 13.

And please mail by Feb. 20.

~please send with a DC# and post it here when you've mailed.

And voila' that's IT!

I'll be posting a couple of games throughout the month to keep this fun.

So let's get started...and sign up...and remember: Keep It Simple and Sweet :)

Let me also start off by saying Thanks so much everyone for making my first OBF swap fun!! I already know it's going to be!

vina

****Let me mention that Our Bloomin' Friends is a membership group and we hold a monthly swap here at the Round Robin Forum. You must be a member in order to participate. If you are interested in joining, you need to contact Shirley or Carol.****copied this from an old OBF swap, just in case we have any lurkers :)*****************

Comments (150)

• brittneysgran
    13 years ago

Partners tomorrow...yeah

DH has to work this week-end so it will be next week-end we will celebrate Valentines Day. DH, myself, DD and her Hubby and our Grandson will be renting a cabin in Pigeon Forge, TN for the week-end. It will be easier to rent the cabin than taking our camper.

Got to get busy it's supposed to be in the high 50's today. Woo Hoo

Shirley

• canyonwind
    13 years ago

Way to go Billy...nicely done...DOVES!!!

Happy Saturday!! Enjoy!

Annie

• suegardens2
    13 years ago

Hi everyone -

As far as the bingo words, so far I have six which is surprising, since I usually do very poorly at Bingo.

For Valentine's Day, I work all day, but my DH is going to make dinner since he will be home. He is making lamb's breast stuffed with plantain. I don't know what the side dishes will be. I imagine a salad and maybe baked yam or rice. I'll have to let you know later. My husband is from Puerto Rico originally and he is an excellent cook. He makes some very creative and flavorful dishes. He is a retired mechanic by trade, but I tell him all the time that he missed his calling...he should have been a chef.

Shirley, I'm happy for you and your warmer temps. I forgot what fifty degrees even feels like since it has been so cold for so long. I hope you get to play in the dirt a little.

Well I have to get busy around the house. The laundry isn't going to do itelf.

Sue N.

• brittneysgran
    13 years ago

Sue - lucky you...I would love just one time for DH to make dinner but I know it will never happen. At his best all he can do is open a can of soup or beans.

Oh it was a beautiful day to be sure. I planted peonies, cannas and mulched some flower beds with pine needles. My poor back is killing me.

I still have only 2 bingo words....

Shirley

• brittneysgran
    13 years ago

Sue - lucky you...I would love just one time for DH to make dinner but I know it will never happen. At his best all he can do is open a can of soup or beans.

Oh it was a beautiful day to be sure. I planted peonies, cannas and mulched some flower beds with pine needles. My poor back is killing me.

I still have only 2 bingo words....

Shirley

• mellen
    13 years ago

2 Bingo words, Shirley? Just wait, you will probably win in the end. Lucky you for being able to plant today. I can only dream about it. Twas in the lower 40's today with 40-50 predicted for later in the week, but it is still February. Just getting our "January thaw" a bit late.

Really looking forward to partners tomorrow. Already have my envelope and seeds ready to go.

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Today is the DAY :0)...Partners...
    But first, the Bingo word of the day: Love Letters

BINGO Words:
    1. Romance
    2. Forever
    3. Dinner
    4. Diamonds
    5. Love Birds
    6. Arrows
    7. Infatuation
    8. Candles
    9. Valentine

1. Doves
    2. Love Letters

AND...Partners Are: :)
    vina (flowergirl34) sends to carol (veeja11)

carol (veeja11) sends to annie (canyonwind)

annie (canyonwind) sends to margo (smitties)

margo (smitties) sends to sue n. (suegardens2)

sue n. (suegardens2) sends to treasa (uptreasa)

treasa (uptreasa) sends to vina (flowergirl34)

shirley (brittneysgran) sends to rose (rosemctier)

rose (rosemctier) sends to em (hostarookie)

em (hostarookie) sends to maryellen (mellen)

maryellen (mellen) sends to beth (beth_b_kodiak)

beth (beth_b_kodiak) sends to mavis (mavis07)

mavis (mavis 07) sends to jeanne (sandlapper_rose)

jeanne (sandlapper_rose) sends to shirley (brittneysgran)

Let the shopping begin :)...

Talk to ya later!
    vina

• rosemctier
    13 years ago

whee! partners! AND another word in vd bingo! what a happy morning!

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!

And the word for the day is.... Boyfriend

BINGO Words:
    1. Romance
    2. Forever
    3. Dinner
    4. Diamonds
    5. Love Birds
    6. Arrows
    7. Infatuation
    8. Candles
    9. Valentine

1. Doves
    2. Love Letters
    3. Boyfriend

Hope everyone is having a lovely Valentines. Will be at school most of the day...and then a mid-day rush home to get our special dinner and desserts ready :0)

Have a great day!
    vina

• suegardens2
    13 years ago

Good morning everyone and Happy Valentine's Day!

How exciting to see we have partners!

I can actually see the grass on my lawn today, hopefully a sure sign that spring is on the horizon. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Shirley, I am glad you got to play in the dirt and I know how your back must ache. Mine does too the first couple of times I garden after a long winter. Hope you feel better soon. Sorry about your DH not cooking for you. I know I am really lucky that my husband actually likes to cook. I am truly blessed.

I hope all of you have a spectacular Valentine's Day!

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

{{gwi:1236131}}

Happy Valentine's Day!

Would you believe I still only have 2 words on the Bingo list. I am so not going to win!

Anyway, I'm happy to see our partners. Shirley, I will let you know when my package is on its way to you. I have to pick up a few more things to include. Mavis, how fun to have you send to me for your first swap as a group member.

Have a special day, everyone!
    Jeanne

• mellen
    13 years ago

Happy Valentine's Day to all my OBF friends! Hope you are spending time with someone you love or chat with someone you care about.

Still at 3 words. :P

Beth, I am so happy to be sending to you. I DO need to know what city in AZ that you live in. In your OBF questionnaire you put all of your address but your city.

Vina, what do you do at school? I really miss the kiddos.

We have had a lot of melting yesterday and today. Can now see a lot of brown grass. Am headed to TX on Friday for a couple of weeks. Taking my parents to see my youngest sister and family. Looks like the weather should be nice.

• hostarookie
    13 years ago

Happy Valentine's Day

I'm still sitting at 3 words too! lol

ME, I emailed you earlier but wanted to post here in case you don't receive it. Please send me your address...

Em

• brittneysgran
    13 years ago

Jeanne - I finally have 3 words..hate to leave you with only two....hopefully you can join the three group soon. LOL

I have to brag on the weather today.....64 degrees....awesome day here in the South.

Sue-DH just left to go and buy some chicken at Bojangles..bless his heart. I might trade him in for a chef. LOL

Mellen-You should have nice weather in Texas. Can't wait until I retire and get to take off for where-ever.

DH had me look at our fish in the pond and they are huge. My sister-in-law gave me some big blues last Fall and they survived the winter. The pond freezes in the winter but all the gold fish live through it.

Happy Valentines Day

Shirley

• mavis07
    13 years ago

Hi everyone!

I'm excited to be included in this obf swap! Jeanne, I'm pleased to have you as my first partner! I'm sending you an e-mail!

I have 4 bingo words!

Mavis

• brittneysgran
    13 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR LADIES BORN IN FEBRUARY::::::::::::::

fcoffill - Frances on 2/10

ilovefarac - Melinda on 2/15

• hostarookie
    13 years ago

Frances and I share the same bday, Feb. 10. Happy Birthday ladies!!

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good morning everyone! :)

The word of the day is: Kisses
    (hope this one helps the 2's and 3's out there :) )

BINGO Words:
    1. Romance
    2. Forever
    3. Dinner
    4. Diamonds
    5. Love Birds
    6. Arrows
    7. Infatuation
    8. Candles
    9. Valentine

1. Doves
    2. Love Letters
    3. Boyfriend
    4. Kisses

ME, I go to school about once a week (sometimes twice lately). My daughter is in first grade and I'm the craft mom. I also help with the party stuff (and by help I mean buy the cupcakes and bring the stuff in. And do the party) Yesterday was fun! We made a Love Mouse Valentine and then had the party. I did face painting on all the kids and they exchanged Valentine's. Some kids gave out tattoos and I put those on the kids hands. I'm also a PTA'er (so I help with the other things that the school does too) I recently stuffed 100 bags of popcorn for a Kindergarten Bingo night. And now I'm buying as many plastic eggs as I can get my hands on for the 1st graders Spring Fling. We stuff them with stickers and little trinkets and the whole first grade has an Easter Egg hunt with the Easter Bunny. Then they go to the cafeteria and have a special lunch with there special person they get to invite (usually grandparents). None of these things would happen without volunteers...and its just way more fun for the kids to "help out" too.

Yesterday, I was informed that a little boy in my daughters class had a house fire on Friday night. It was so bad that it re-kindled on Saturday. They lost everything. In the family is his mother, father, grandma, him, 2 more brothers and an older sister. They are staying with the other grandma right now. They lost everything the poor people! :(
    I've already emailed the PTA and they are starting a food drive in the school for the rest of this week, as the kids are on vacation next week. And a local church specializes in these kinds of things and has a basement FULL of furniture, clothes, and basically anything you could need...all FREE! They can just go and pick out what they need. My daughters teacher and I are getting together backpacks and books and school supplies so the children can get back to there regular routine before Friday.

It's been a busy 2 days so far...wonder what the rest of the week is going to be like :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL THE FEB. LADIES!!

Shirley, 64 degrees...you have to stop...your killing me with your awesome weather, lol! :)

Have a great day everybody!!
    vina

• mellen
    13 years ago

Vina, GOOD for you for doing all that you do! I have no doubt that the teacher(s) and all LOVE to have you there. I may volunteer next year. I thought I would this year, but I think I just needed some "me" time. Selfish, huh?

Happy Birthday to all of the February ladies. Hope your days are special.
    ME

• canyonwind
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday ladies!!

Margo...sent you an email confirming your address! I need a zip code as well.

Carol...received your email and responded!

Vina, my thoughts and prayers for the family that lost their home. Such a tragedy...however, I can not help but smile hearing that there are good people who come together and help out....genuine...no strings attached.

Curious....has anyone heard from Hazelnutbunny aka Melissa?
    Hello Melissa, where ever you are. I hope you, Mr. Bunny and all the little bunnies are doing well!

We have had beautiful weather 70's and 80's. My lettuce, fava beans and snow peas are begging for some cool weather. AAAHHH, we are on storm watch. Rain for the next several days....that is what they say...we will see!

Have a great day!

Annie

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

GAME TIME!!!!
    February is not only the month of amore' but the month of so many different things...

First to unscramble these w i n s another super fabulous prize picked by yours truly :)

1. lBcka yroHsit noMht
    2. ananCaid tsHiyor thoMn
    3. laantNoi tSeew ototaP nMhto
    4. anaNtiol toBos rYuo fleS eEetms oMnht
    5. rerBy rhseF nI hTe sSnienuh tStea htonM
    6. nuRter poipSgnh tCras ot hte eeuSakmrpr Mhton
    7. kBae ofr alFyim nFu Mthon
    8. aalNnoi ueapGirrtf oMhtn
    9. tNhro aliaCnor eeSwt ooaPtt onhtM

1. tGaer aiAencrm sePi noMht
    2. maAnrcie ytroiHs thMon
    3. taeNvi eiaAnmrc eaieHtrg noMht
    4. tNaioaln hdsCienrl aeDltn hltHae Mnhto
    5. eaAnmcir tHrae oMnht
    6. hooeaCltc seoLrv Mnoht
    7. aoaiNntl tHo aeaBtrsfk hotMn
    8. lNoataNi ridB gFdenei Mhont
    9. aeaPltnr noeItincf nenePvotir nMtoh
    10. olanNtia sieW haHtel urnCmeso ohtMn
    11. eeCrtvai eamRnoc Mnoht

Please post your answers here. :0)
    **Here's a hint: The capital letter is the beginning letter for each word :)***

Have FUN!
    vina

• hostarookie
    13 years ago

1. lBcka yroHsit noMht - black history month
    2. ananCaid tsHiyor thoMn - Canadian history month
    3. laantNoi tSeew ototaP nMhto - national sweet potato month
    4. anaNtiol toBos rYuo fleS eEetms oMnht - national boost your self esteem month
    5. rerBy rhseF nI hTe sSnienuh tStea htonM - berry fresh in the sunshine state month
    6. nuRter poipSgnh tCras ot hte eeuSakmrpr Mhton - return shopping carts to the ?? month
    7. kBae ofr alFyim nFu Mthon - bake for family fun month
    8. aalNnoi ueapGirrtf oMhtn - national grapefruit month (aalnnoi is missing the T)
    9. tNhro aliaCnor eeSwt ooaPtt onhtM - north Carolina sweet potato month

1. tGaer aiAencrm sePi noMht - great American pies month
    2. maAnrcie ytroiHs thMon - American history month
    3. taeNvi eiaAnmrc eaieHtrg noMht - native American heritage month
    4. tNaioaln hdsCienrl aeDltn hltHae Mnhto - national childrens dental health month
    5. eaAnmcir tHrae oMnht - American heart month
    6. hooeaCltc seoLrv Mnoht - chocolate lovers month
    7. aoaiNntl tHo aeaBtrsfk hotMn - national hot breakfast month
    8. lNoataNi ridB gFdenei Mhont - national bird feeding month
    9. aeaPltnr noeItincf nenePvotir nMtoh - prenatal infection prevention month
    10. olanNtia sieW haHtel urnCmeso ohtMn - national wise health consumer month
    11. eeCrtvai eamRnoc Mnoht - creative romance month
  • sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday to the February birthday girls!

Annie asked about Melissa (hazelnutbunny)so here is what I can tell you - awhile back her computer died and she has not replaced it so that is why we haven't heard from her here. She has access to Facebook using her phone so she posts pretty regularly there. (My cell phone is old and I have no clue what you can and cannot do with the new ones but apparently you cannot access GardenWeb.) She and her family are fine - just the usual colds and viruses going around. I miss hearing from her here as well.

Would you believe I still only have 2 words checked off on my Bingo list. LOL Just not my month for Bingo!

Shirley, I believe I can mail your package tomorrow. I'll stop back by to let you know for sure. I have several things that need to go to the post office so I hope to head that way tomorrow.

Jeanne

• hostarookie
    13 years ago

The ?? in #6 should be supermarket but the 't' was missing in eeuSakmrpr I believe. :-)

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wow! Em! Your good!!! :0)
    Your right on both my errors...I was in a rush and never even noticed them...

YOU WIN!!!!!
    Super congrats!!
    Your super fantabulous prize will go out on Thursday. :)

I also miss Bunny! I loved hearing about all her kiddos and how they were all doing. I, as well, have no clue about new phones, I didn't know you couldn't access the gardenweb?

Have a great night everyone!
    vina

• hostarookie
    13 years ago

Thanks Vina!

You can access GW from cell phones with internet capabilities. That's actually what I use right now because the hard drive went bad in my laptop and is getting fixed. It's not the easiest, but it works! :-)

• brittneysgran
    13 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR LADIES BORN IN FEBRUARY::::::::::::::

fcoffill - Frances on 2/10

hostarookie - Em on 2/10

ilovefarac - Melinda on 2/15

Sorry Em...I forgot to check all the newbies Birthdays.

Shirley

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good morning!
    Shirley, adorable koala/teddy bear!!

The Bingo word today was drawn by DH! and the word is: Pink
    **Hoping to bring you all some luck :0)***

BINGO Words:
    1. Romance
    2. Forever
    3. Dinner
    4. Diamonds
    5. Love Birds
    6. Arrows
    7. Infatuation
    8. Candles
    9. Valentine

1. Doves
    2. Love Letters
    3. Boyfriend
    4. Kisses
    5. Pink

Big day again today! Taylor has a Dr. appt. this morning and then school in the afternoon. Then, yesterday, I got asked to "help" with the Afterschool Roller Skating Party tonight. It's for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders. Gets over a little after 5. So I said sure :) A roller skating place brings in skates for the kids and they use the middle school gym as a rink. The boosters and the pta run snack tables for the kids. They have such fun! Even Billy gets to help :) He'll love it! And I'm even gonna skate tonight too...probably fall on my butt a bunch...but oh! well...there's enough padding back there, lol!

Have a great day everyone!
    vina

• hostarookie
    13 years ago

Have fun skating Vina! lol One of my twins love to skate and usually goes every Saturday. I would be a little iffy about getting into skates myself... I'm sure I'd fall these days! :-) Back in the day I would cruz around the rink like there was no tomorrow!

Thank you Shirley for including me in the birthday wishes!

Happy hUMp day everyone!!

Em

• suegardens2
    13 years ago

Hi everyone -

I wanted to thank Vina for the lovely "Super Prize" package she sent me. Sent her an email, but I realized I should post here as well. I thought my obf's would love o know what she sent. I received a "sage" plant marker, copper I think, too cute!, a package of seed baggies, an envelope of assorted teas, two envelopes loaded with assorted garden seeds including flower and vegetables. Thanks so much for sending me such a great package!!! It will all be put to good use.

Sue N.

• rosemctier
    13 years ago

hi everyone! hope everyone is well. this has been a crazy week but i have been enjoying the break of reading the posts here :) will get my package out to em on monday-- i just can't get to the PO this week :(

i am up to 7 words on bingo! woo-hoo!

happy birthday to the february gals!

i hope everyone is well! nice to have a break from the cold ickiness of snow and ice and slush for a few days! it got almost to 60 today and is supposed to be nice all week. i hope all of you are having the same!

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Morning everybody!

The skating party was so much fun! I got to help my daughter skate for a little while and then was turned over to face painting. I must have painted 200 kids! Everyone had such a great time!! I just wish I didn't forget my camera!

Em, I was a skating fool in my day. Every Friday and Saturday night I was at the rink. When I was in high school I worked there as a guard 1 night a week. My daughter had NO IDEA I could skate backwards or anything till last night. She was so shocked, and I can't believe I could still do it! I shocked myself I didn't land right on my fanny :)

The Bingo word for the day is: Cupid

BINGO Words:
    1. Romance
    2. Forever
    3. Dinner
    4. Diamonds
    5. Love Birds
    6. Arrows
    7. Infatuation
    8. Candles
    9. Valentine

1. Doves
    2. Love Letters
    3. Boyfriend
    4. Kisses
    5. Pink
    6. Cupid

Our weather is suppose to be near 50 today and in the upper 40's tomorrow....hoooboy! do we need that! :) Maybe with our little warm up I might be able to see some grass :) Or an iris, or something green! It's suppose to go right back down on Saturday to like 15 and colder on Sunday. So I'm totally crossing my fingers for awesome weather the next two days.

The kiddo's are off of school next week. So I'm taking them to the Paleontology Museum and to the Seward House and to Harriet Tubman's House. It should be a FUN week :)

Sue, so glad everything arrived in one piece for you. :) I always have this picture of my packages being dropped kicked off the back of some truck and it arriving in crunchy pieces to its destination :) So silly, I know.

Rose, I don't think the post office is open on Monday for President's Day. Don't want you to make a trip for nothing...I've done it a million times. It's no fun.

vina

• rosemctier
    13 years ago

i ALWAYS forget about presidents day LOL. my kid never gets the day off since the school district is too stupid to schedule in snow days, so they always lose the few off days they have. you'd think the school board would realize that we are in pennsylvania, not, like, mexico, and it WILL snow. duh!

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday to the February Birthday Girls!

Shirley, I mailed your package today. It doesn't have far to travel but whether the holiday on Monday will slow down delivery or not, no telling. Hopefully it will reach you by Saturday.

Jeanne

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good Afternoon! :)

Carol, I just mailed out your box. DC# 0308 3390 0001 7950 8925 Hope you enjoy! :)

And Em, I mailed out your "super prize" today too...hope you likey! :)

SENT and REC'D:
    vina (flowergirl34) sends to carol (veeja11) **SENT**

carol (veeja11) sends to annie (canyonwind)

jeanne (sandlapper_rose) sends to shirley (brittneysgran) **SENT**

Have a great night!
    vina

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good Friday Morning!!! :)

And the BINGO WORD for today is: Girlfriend

BINGO Words:
    1. Romance
    2. Forever
    3. Dinner
    4. Diamonds
    5. Love Birds
    6. Arrows
    7. Infatuation
    8. Candles
    9. Valentine

1. Doves
    2. Love Letters
    3. Boyfriend
    4. Kisses
    5. Pink
    6. Cupid
    7. Girlfriend

Today I am finally sowing my seeds. Dropping off Taylor at school and my parents are taking Billy out for breakfast and some shopping. I have the house ALL TO MYSELF!!! for like 3 -4 hours....this only happens, maybe, on some special anniversary day...:) SO EXCITED!!!!

This weekend is a little crazy, have my BIL's birthday party Sunday here and Saturday is running with the kids...but at least in have a little while today! (Okay, can you tell I'm excited! )

Have a great day everyone!!
    vina

• suegardens2
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday to all the February Birthday girls!

Vina, I am happy that you have some alone time. That is so important, especially when you have small children. It seems you are always taking care of everyone else. So it's good for the spirit to take care of things for yourself sometimes. Have fun!

I am doing pretty bad on the BINGO as I usually do...lol! Only seven words so far. Somebody must be getting close.
    Good luck everyone.

Have a nice day everyone.

Sue N.

• hostarookie
    13 years ago

Packages were to be sent by Feb. 20, however that's a Sunday and Monday the PO is closed...

ME, I'll get your package sent on Tuesday. I just didn't want it sitting in the PO over the extended weekend! Just wouldn't be good for an 'item.' :-)

Em

• canyonwind
    13 years ago

Margo, your "KISS" is packed up and ready to go.

I am headed out of town today until Sunday or Monday...will send out Tuesday. I am waiting for the washing machine dude to fix, if he can, my favorite cleaning tool...LOL! I think it might be time for a new front load washer.

Bingo......six words here! Not looking good...LOL!

Vina, I hope your four hours of alone time is/was lovely and peaceful!

Have a great weekend!

Annie

• veeja11
    13 years ago

Ann your envie went out today conf # 03102640000118755229. wow its before the mail by date thats wonderful for me. valentines day went well but was stormy so I got wet. hope all my bloomin friends are doing well. big hugs to you all
    carol

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good morning everyone!

The BINGO word for today is: Dancing

BINGO Words:
    1. Romance
    2. Forever
    3. Dinner
    4. Diamonds
    5. Love Birds
    6. Arrows
    7. Infatuation
    8. Candles
    9. Valentine

1. Doves
    2. Love Letters
    3. Boyfriend
    4. Kisses
    5. Pink
    6. Cupid
    7. Girlfriend
    8. Dancing

SENT and REC'D:
    vina (flowergirl34) sends to carol (veeja11) **SENT**

carol (veeja11) sends to annie (canyonwind)**SENT**

jeanne (sandlapper_rose) sends to shirley (brittneysgran) **SENT**

I had a wonderful morning yesterday! :) I managed to get 150 jiffies sown. It was so wonderful...there definitely is such a thing as 'dirt therapy'. I feel all recharged!!
    I still have a bunch more to do...but now that its started...I'm on a roll.

I'm so sorry about having the last mailing date on a holiday. I was not even thinking that far ahead...just try to mail when you can. :-)

Have a great weekend!
    vina

• beth_b_kodiak
    13 years ago

Running right up to the wire here. Puff puff puff.
    WOW has this month flown by.
    sorry to be missing the fun of the game but I just can't seem to keep up these days.
    Here is the DC# for Mavis.
    9045 5036 9930 0010 8301 91
    Hope your weekend is pleasant regardless of the weather.
    Beth

• veeja11
    13 years ago

I received a great pkg from Vina today, first was an awesome card, a note pad plastic seed envies, scented soap, 17 pkgs of seeds mostly veggies which I need as I am just gettin my garden in, a pretty bracelet, just started getting into them. lots of chocolate hearts and a chocolate huggy bear. thankyou Vina I love it all, especially the card very thoughtful and cute. ty ty ty. hugs ladies, just sittin eatin my huggy bear. carol

• hostarookie
    13 years ago

Vina,

I received my 'prize' package today. Thank you very much!!!

I received a rosemary plant marker, seed baggies, bath fizzies, seeds, and chocolate. Everything is awesome! Where did you find the plant marker? I love it!!

Em

• mavis07
    13 years ago

Jeanne your box will go out on Tuesday! I hope you like your goodies!
    Mavis07

• mellen
    13 years ago

Em!!! I just wasn't thinking.I am in TX, currently, and won't be home til Mar. 3 or 4. Will "whatever it is" wait til then? If so, that is fine with me. Plus, I think hubs is gone all next week, too, but he will be back the following week. I really hope this doesn't mess up for you.

Beth, DH sent your package out on Friday. I had it ready to go on Thursday, but I didn't have time to get to the PO as I had to get to my parents to help them pack, etc. On Friday, my parents and I headed to Texas to visit one of my sisters and her family. We got here Saturday afternoon. It was about 960 miles 1-way, and I drove all but 120 of it. The weather here is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! It's like a different world. High yesterday was 78 and it was still 72 last night. They turned on the air as the house was quite warm. We are staying here til next Sunday then head back north and stop in Branson for a few days.

Be well, all.

• brittneysgran
    13 years ago

Mellen how exciting that you are now in warmer weather. You will return with a suntan.

Rose - Your package was mailed Wednesday so you may have it by now, if not it should be there on mail day Tuesday.

Jeanne- I returned home (from Pigeon Forge, Tn) to find your package had arrived. Thank you so much for such a nice package.

Jeanne sent:
    Cadbury milk chocolate candy bar....YUM
    note pad- made by a friend....how creative
    Magazine - bon appetit valentine desserts...see some lucious desserts to try...thanks
    cute card
    seeds: toad lily, nigella love in a mist, cupids dart blue, pink sweet peas, morning glory heavenly blue
    Thank you Jeanne for such a nice box.

Shirley

• rosemctier
    13 years ago

Shirley, I'm so sorry-- i thought posted i got your package a few days ago, but apparently it didn't take! it was a lovely package, with a yummy scented soap, gloves, chocolates, strawberry candies, a heart shaped pad and matching pen, and the cutest ladybug pot decoration. plus a beautiful card packed with all sorts of vines-- my favorites! i love to put hanging baskets every where i can find a place to hang them :) thank you so much! sorry for the late response-- i don't know what happened!

• suegardens2
    13 years ago

Treasa - I will be mailing your package tomorrow. I will post the DC tomorrow evening.

Hope all of you are having a good extra long weekend. I am celebrating President's Day working on a ceramic tile project with DH. How exciting, I know...lol! I don't know about you gals, but it's not my favorite activity. I am not the best helper. As I get older, I find my back just aches after these physical kinds of projects. I'm probably just a wimp, but I think I'll entice my sons with one of their favorite home cooked meals to come help him on future projects. And, I didn't want to mention this, and I don't know if this happens to any of you, but my husband certainly gets crabby sometimes when he does home improvement projects. How about you ladies? What's your experience? And how do you get out of helping...lol?

Sue N.

• hostarookie
    13 years ago

ME ~ Eekk! I can do one of two things... I can send everything else out tomorrow and hold off on the 'item' that shouldn't 'sit around' OR I can send everything together once you've made it home. It's up to you, just let me know what you prefer! :-)

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend & extended weekend if you're one of the lucky ones! I'm not... I had to be at work at 8:00 this morning. Boy would I have liked to sleep in another morning.

I lost a sleep-in morning this weekend! Taylor went to an all-night skate Saturday night from 6:30 pm until Sunday morning at 6:00 am. She called me at 5:50 AM to make sure my hubby was on his way to get her. I couldn't go back to sleep after that. :-(

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz