Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
intheforest

NEW: Daylily Dabbers

intheforest
17 years ago

Attention daylily dabbers- here is a wish swap for you.

This swap is limited strictly to daylily seed and those who like to Dabble in crossing daylilies.

The guidelines-here are my ideas:

1st-go ahead and post your wish list here, (rank it too).

Keep checking back to see if you have anything from others wish lists.

2nd-Deadline for registering will be Sunday Jan 28TH.

Participants can then look at everyone's wish lists and mail their seeds that week, I will organize and return seeds the week after that or as soon as all seeds arrive.

3rd-You can mark who the seeds are for (optional) but we may get duplicates or too many for one. Duplicates and surplus will be passed on to other participants to keep things fair and so one person doesn't get 20 wishes but only sent 8 trades.

4th-You will get back as many packs as you send

5th-Please package & lable seeds well. Include as much info as possible so I can match people to seeds. Of course the cross is important-pod/pollen parents, but more descriptions would be ideal to help me out, especially color family (even if on a a separate paper).

6th-You can include up to 2 completely unknown crosses, more can be included as bonuses-(if you have a guess-include that too.)

Anyone wanting to donate "Bonus" seeds please label them as "Bonus" or separate them and I will distribute them to other swappers.

Thanks for joining,

Abbey

Please include:

* Return postage -same or more than it took you to mail (Minimum .63 for small).

* Address Label of some kind (doesn't have to be adhesive)-I will re-use the bubble mailer you send your seeds to me in.

* Garden web name

* LISTS of what seeds you sent (with descriptions) and also your wish list (hopefully you'll get a wish or two?)- The lists are very important to help me organize seeds

Comments (8)

• intheforest
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Here are my wishes:

I'm really interested in near white / pink / purple with:
    1. a metallic blue eyed cross
    2. picoteed edges
    3. patterned/layered eyes
    4. angel wings or teeth
    5. doubles

Thanks for looking, Abbey

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

forest, if others are like me, I've already traded, sold, or given away any seeds that I'm not to grow or haven't already potted.

Posting this again in the late summer/early fall might be better or ...

If you don't get any takers, an option would be to get a small group, everyone list their daylilies, and then kind of take orders for their seeds.

So you like doubles; you might ask me to try and get 5 seeds of Voodoo Dancer and Night Embers. Of course giving several choices in case one cross didn't work. Then I would ask for a cross from you.

Just suggestions. :o)
    sharon

• intheforest
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I was actually thinking of doing it similar to how you describe if I didn't get many joining (kinda like a secret santa format, would work even for 3 or so individuals.) That may be what we do if that happens. Maybe even a double format where we each have 2 secret pals to get a better mix. We have 2 already, I'm just waiting for them to post lists.
    We'll see how this goes and decide if we should alter the format.
    Abbey

• wynative
    17 years ago

Here are my wishes:

Any DOUBLES
    Any Ruffles
    Any Fragrant
    Any Rebloomers
    Any distinct contrasting colors
    Any with the name 'Marie/Maria' or 'Megin/Megan'

If you want I can post what I have? LMK

Marie

• flower_power_nc
    17 years ago

Wish I haven't already traded
    and planted the rest of mine.

• susandonb
    17 years ago

Hi Group,

I am amazed! I didnt know daylillies could be crossed by home gardeners I didn't even know you could get seeds from daylillies, I thought they were from bulbs? Ok, so I don't know much about flowers, but I sure love em! I only have one daylilly plant. now, I want to make sure I am right, daylillies are the ones that grow in a cluster type plant and get lots of flowers, right? Not the tall single lilly, right?

Sounds like you are all going to have beautiful gardens.
    Happy gardening,
    Susan in NC

• intheforest
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Right Susan, the others are asian or oriental lilies. Daylily lovers often have fun trying to find new varieties through hybridizing which is eventually how the neat registered varieties are made, through much trial and error of course.

Abbey

• nature_farmer
    17 years ago

I sent you an e-mail..I have lots of daylilies I want to know what your Special seeds,wild flowers,herbs,you have to trade are..:-)