dirt_under_my_nails

MNF 2010 schedule

Is there one of these posted anywhere?

later...April

Comments (71)

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Hi everybody,
    Wendy, it's so good to see ya, I still owe you, I haven't forgoten.I just finised 20 flower plates for a show so I will pick and mail you one here soon, Sorry for the delay :o)

Margo, thank God those friends of your son didn't get hurt

Thanx for letting me host, just get ready for alot of Q's
    I'm still thinking on a theme.

Have great day
    Hugs Carmen

• elliesfun
    14 years ago

Hi everyone,
    This past weekend was so nice. I went out in the greenhouse and potted up all the bareroot plants that I bought at Lowe's 3 week's ago. They were starting to leaf out and I knew they had to potted before to long cause it might be awhile before they can be put in the ground. Even though we have had a very mild winter so far, it might not be over. Can't count on mother nature. I have been busy trying to read up on baby chickens since mine will be coming in about 4 weeks. Even though I grew up on a farm, I always wanted a little piece of acreage for myself so with this 1.5 acres I have my little farm. Not much growing yet except I did put in an orchard (24 trees) a year ago last October. If I could only retire, but if I retired I couldn't afford to live here so it is a round robin sort of thing. Besides I like to eat.
    Have a good evening everyone.
    Ellie

• proudgm_03
    14 years ago

Still need a couple of you lurkers to jump in there and grab a month before they're all gone!

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

Okie Doke. I'll take December, if it's still available. As far as a theme, I think I'll stick with tradition....CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE. :P

• proudgm_03
    14 years ago

Chocolate! How could you go wrong! I'll be drooling and chomping at the bit waiting for that one.

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

I'll take September, it will be called storybook September.

• elliesfun
    14 years ago

Good morning,
    If November hasn't been taken, I shall definately like that spot.
    I have never winter sowed, but next weekend it's suppose to be in the 50's so is it safe to plant flower seeds in garden box's. We have had an exceptional mild winter...no snow to speak of. What if we should get a cold snap, it's only February. What kind of flowers does everyone plant this time of year. Seeds I planted under the gro lights are up and need to be transplanted into larger pots so that's my job for the weekend. Everyone have a gret one!
    Ellie

• winnie850
    14 years ago

Ok. I will stop lurking. I'll need someone to give instructions on how to do it.

I will take August. Theme: "A" is for August.

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Laura, the February swap is almost over, so you can post the March swap any time now. Ready? Go for it!!! LOL!

• smitties
    14 years ago

I need help. I will post about this again to make sure I get to everyone involved in this schedule.

When I saw the chance to finally get involved and host, I jumped a it thinking May would be fun. Well, I certainly didn't think too far ahead.

My son is getting married in April which would be around the time I would get a swap started. My daughter is graduating from High School the Friday of Memorial weekend. I really thought I would try and do this but now the nursing home has determined that my FIL is slipping and we have no idea what the future holds for him. He is 90 this year. I am also trying to get a new job which would not allow a cushy schedule I have now.

Soooooo, I hate to admit that hosting for the month of May would be a bit stressful for me. I would gladly switch with someone for a later month.

I am so sorry for this inconvenience. I will certainly do it if no one is able to take the job.

Contact me if you can help and much thanks. Again, I am sorry. I would love to do it but feel I wouldn't be as able to put as much into it as I would like to. Margo

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

October is now an open month. If you want it, go for it. Here's the current list of scheduled (tentatively) swaps.

Mar~ Laura "Spring Fling" (Currently happening)
    Apr~ Proudgm_03 "April Showers Bring May Flowers"
    May~ Margo "Memories" (Needs Another Host)
    June~ Linda "June's Jewels"
    July~ Carmen
    Aug~
    Sept~
    Oct~
    Nov~
    Dec~

• molly_and_me
    14 years ago

Will someone please tell me what MFN stands for?

I am new to Garden Web and have never participated in a swap.

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

MNF stands for "make new friends"...which we like to do.."handing you tea and a cookie"

• mikey-gardener
    14 years ago

GOOD MORNING FRIENDS!!! I love chatting with folks and making new friends and enemies as I go for I know they soon will be my friends also. Well my first winter sowing of columbines going. My bhut peppers and very hot chili peppers along with my heirloom tomatoes and herbs, and not to forget the rosary vine, budda belly, and several others plants I have growing in my basement for my first time to grow flowers and be acquainted with the Garden Web site. Thanks to folks here at the garden web that made everything possible for me to do that with trades and free seeds. I guess you could say " HE CAME OUT WITH HIS GUNS SMOKIN" Plans are to take my back yard and make it into a sanctuary for hummers, bees, and butterflies. Not to forget my vegetables like corn, tomato, beets, radish, turnip and etc.

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

May~ Margo "Memories" (Needs Another Host)
    July~ Carmen
    Aug~
    Sept~
    Oct~
    Nov~Ellie/farmergirl2009
    Dec~

later...April

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

you've been busy Mikie!

• smitties
    14 years ago

Linda and April, I sent you both messages. Margo

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

Margo, if you'd like to swap your month for another one, I don't think that would be a problem. Tell us which one you want and I'll put May back up to be chosen..."S"

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

May~
    July~ Carmen
    Aug~
    Sept~
    Oct~
    Nov~Ellie/farmergirl2009
    Dec~Margo

later...April

• winnie850
    14 years ago

I posted a few weeks ago that I would do "A" is for August.

Gladys

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

May~
    July~ Carmen
    Aug~Gladys
    Sept~
    Oct~
    Nov~Ellie/farmergirl2009
    Dec~Margo
    later...April

• smitties
    14 years ago

Thanks for the understanding of my predicament. I appreciate it and it is a load off my mind. The upcoming wedding sure has had its issues.

My FIL was tested for a urinary tract infection but it came back negative. We had hoped it was the reason for his failing health. He has become extrememly confused, weak, and extremely incontinent.

I certainly have enough time to prepare now. I sure hope someone grabs up May and we still have time.

Hope everyone is enjoying sunshine like we are here. Margo

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

Hi everyone! Just checkin' in to say hi! :D

Bunny ~ I thought you had December / Chocolate theme?
    Linda ~ I love your theme, jewel tones are so gorgeous!
    Proudgm03 ~ hope you're doing well !?!
    Margo ~ goodluck on that wedding! I'll keep FIL in my prayers!

and hi to Dan and everyone else I know or don't know!

Hugs to all,
    Wendy / sassyb.

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Just updating the list..
    Apr~ Proudgm_03 "April Showers Bring May Flowers" (Currently happening)
    May~
    July~ Carmen
    Aug~Gladys
    Sept~
    Oct~
    Nov~Ellie/farmergirl2009
    Dec~Margo

Anyone want May?

later...April

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Apr~ Proudgm_03 "April Showers Bring May Flowers" (Currently happening)
    May~April "Picnic Basket"
    July~ Carmen
    Aug~Gladys
    Sept~
    Oct~
    Nov~Ellie/farmergirl2009
    Dec~Margo

later...April

• indyjoy
    14 years ago

I would like to join in on the fun. I'll host Oct. if you still need someone. Email me and let me know what I need to do next.
    Thanks, Joy

• proudgm_03
    14 years ago

Bump.

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    13 years ago

May~April "Picnic Basket" (now playing!)
    July~ Carmen "Christmas in July"
    Aug~Gladys
    Sept~
    Oct~
    Nov~Ellie/farmergirl2009
    Dec~Margo

later...April

• adopt_greyhounds
    13 years ago

Can I host for October? I might need some time to think of a theme... Let me know :)
    amanda

• adopt_greyhounds
    13 years ago

Oh, I guess I should add I have done a couple swaps now (the MFN april one, May flowers and yellow seeds for May). I would be willing to host Sept or Oct, preferrably Oct!
    amanda

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Amanda~I think Joy is hosting Oct. How it didn't get updated...well ...who knows? I'll put you down for Sept if you still want to host. Just let us know.

later...April

• adopt_greyhounds
    13 years ago

Sept would be great! Thanks!

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    13 years ago

July~ Carmen "Christmas in July"
    Aug~Gladys
    Sept~Amanda
    Oct~Joy
    Nov~Ellie/farmergirl2009
    Dec~Margo

later...April

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

Carmen has e-mailed me and asked me to let you all know she will not be able to host in July.

July~
    Aug~Gladys
    Sept~Amanda
    Oct~Joy
    Nov~Ellie/farmergirl2009
    Dec~Margo

• adopt_greyhounds
    13 years ago

I could switch from Sept to July. Then I won't be in school..

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Amanda~Sounds like a plan to me!

July~Amanda
    Aug~Gladys
    Sept~
    Oct~Joy
    Nov~Ellie/farmergirl2009 "Autumn's Favorites"
    Dec~Margo

later...April

• adopt_greyhounds
    13 years ago

I think I'm going to call mine "Campfires & Fireflies" and make it about fun summer memories :)

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

hi kids... could you all do me a favor? Carmen hasn't been the only one who has written to me concerning the MNF group in the past few months, and, while I don't mind passing messages along, I'm rather enjoying just being an occasional player these past few months. Call it burn out or whatever, but somehow I became a reluctant leader/arbitrator in the group and became so tired I needed to drop out. Having said all that, if you've got a beef with someone in the group or have some comments, please post them here. If they can't be made public, then they shouldn't be said at all, to my weary way of thinking. I would much rather they be posted here, and not sent to me via e-mail.
    And, come to think of it, that probably goes for anyone else too.
    Thanks.
    -Dan

p.s. And, to those others who've written to me, please know that I'm not posting/talking about what you had to say, nor am I going to deal with your situations. You're supposed to be adults, you deal with it in your own way.
    Thank you.

• lindaruzicka
    13 years ago

"handing Dan a hot cup of tea and an aspirin"...

• adopt_greyhounds
    13 years ago

"handing Dave a margarita with a little umbrella"

• adopt_greyhounds
    13 years ago

oops, meant Dan. It's been a long day...

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

I'm okay, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't mind the tea and margarita. Thanks, you two!
    Peace.
    -Dan

• adopt_greyhounds
    13 years ago

welcome! One question: how early do we post the new swaps? Late June for mine I'm assumming...

• lindaruzicka
    13 years ago

I'll be posting the June Swap later today. You can post usually before the end of the last month. I"m a little late this month.."hanging head"

• adopt_greyhounds
    13 years ago

Hi everyone, I am posting my new swap today! I will need a small favor though.... I will be without internet from July 2 until July 11. The deadlines will be OK for me to do (post partners, etc) but I need someone to look after the swap for me during those days. Any takers?
    Thanks guys! This came up last minute!
    Amanda

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

I'll post a perennial exchange themed swap for September, making the list...

Aug~Gladys
    Sept~ Dan/dan_the_mailman "Perfect Perennial Exchange"
    Oct~Joy
    Dec~Margo

Peace.
    -Dan & the Wee Beasties

• winnie850
    13 years ago

The August swap is posted

Enjoy!
    Gladys

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

After reading Vina's posting on how to join round robins, I've decided to change the name of the september swap. so, with no further ado, here's the current list of swaps for the mnf'ers...

Aug~Gladys (currently ongoing)
    Sept~ Dan/dan_the_mailman "Plant Addicts' Perennial Exchange"
    Oct~Joy
    Dec~Margo

Peace.
    -Dan & the Wee Beasties

• smitties
    13 years ago

Just wanted to let everyone know I have our December swap in the works and will be posting it after this coming weekend. I hope everyone will be able to join.

Smitties

• lindaruzicka
    13 years ago

I'll be watching for it!!