Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sjc48

new: baggin' up the blues -fotess

sjc48
12 years ago

Welcome to the February Friends of the Earth-Simple Swap!

This swap is for those of you who still have a touch of the Winter Blues and are too tired to chase them away!

We're going to be "Baggin' Up" those blues and sending them on to someone else!

This month we'll be swapping:

1. "True Blue" seeds-1-3 packs seeds that have blue flowers or "blue" in the name;

2. "The Blue Book"-a blue bookcover-google "making bookcovers" if you can't remember how to do this! You can do a brown paper bag cover with blue stickers, or use blue wrapping paper, cloth, blue cardstock, etc. It can be for any size book. Be Creative!

3. "Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue"-sounds like a good game plan for recycling/upcycling to me, so you'll be sending a SMALL, blue recycled/upcycled item!

When you have your Blues collected, you can bag them up in a:

brown paper lunch bag, plastic grocery store bag, small blue gift bag, etc.

You could even use an old cloth shopping bag, if you have an extra one that you don't use. They don't have to be blue.

If you have the time, you could get creative with this too.

We'll be doing sign-ups until Jan. 8th.

I'll choose partners on the 9th.

You'll have until Jan. 25 to bag up and send out your Blues!

You must be a member of FOTESS to join this swap.

Your choice of what to mail in, but you will need a Delivery Confirmation number.

Remember, these are simple swaps, a bubble envie should do it!

Anyone out there have some "Blues" they want to pass on?

Shirley!

Comments (73)

• sjc48
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Heidi, Great post! I love positive reactions to negativity! I'll be saying some prayers and sending out good thoughts to your friend.
    And, YES, these swaps are to be SIMPLE, and FUN! We have 24 members in FOTESS, and from what I've seen so far, it's a great mix of crazy, crafty, and probably at times, crabby too! I know I tend to be a little crabby when it comes to squirrels! And computers!
    SO!! If anyone else would like to sign-up for this swap, you have until the end of the day!
    I'll post partners tomorrow!
    Talk to ya later!
    Shirley!

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Shirley, Passing this month........I am remembering how many bookcovers I made out of brown paper sacks when I was in grade school! Funny, back them it never occurred to any of us (not me anyways), to cover a book in fabric, wallpaper or ??????! That is why FOTESS is cool. The sky is the limit when it comes to creativity...and it can be easy as pie!!

Have fun! Love the theme!!

Annie

• sjc48
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Good Morning, Everyone!
    Annie, hope you can join in next time!
    And you're right about the creativity, altho I have to tell ya, that flexible, plastic shelf liner just does not lend itself to bookcovers!
    I'm really interested to see how many different "blue" seeds we came up with. Like Margo, I don't have many real blue flowers out there, except Jacob's Ladder and Borage. So many of the blues are really purple, with blue in the name, but that's okay for this swap!
    So, are we all ready to Bag Up The Blues and send them off to someone else!? Here we go:

Margo is sending to Becky,
    Becky is sending to Heidi,
    Heidi is sending to Jeanne,
    Jeanne is sending to Suzanne,
    Suzanne is sending to Vina,
    Vina is sending to Corrine,
    Corrine is sending to Shirley, and
    Shirley is sending to Margo.

We have until Feb. 25th to mail the Blues, and you will need a DC#. Post here when you mail, and when you receive.

Have fun, Ladies!
    Shirley!

• sjc48
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi, me again! Just wanted to let Margo know that her Blues are on the way!
    DC# is 03112550000063209171
    Talk to ya all later!
    Shirley!

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

Suzanne, I'll post when I mail my package. I'm still in the "thinking stage." Once again, this will be an interesting swap - very creative!
    I just wanted to let everyone know that sign ups will begin early for the March Swap - although you won't need to mail out until March. So watch for it over the next few days.
    Jeanne

• booberry85
    12 years ago

Just emailed Heidi.
    :)

• smitties
    12 years ago

Just dropped in to see who I am sending to. I will be working on my package after the weekend and will havevit in the mail as soon as possible but definitely before deadline. Have to head to Cincinnati tomorrow night cause my son has to be to a function at the University of Cincinnati for new students who are starting in the fall. Decided to head down and stay over rather than leave at 5 am to be there at 8:30 Saturday morning. Of course, there is snow in the forecast for tomorrow night.

Will let Becky know when the package heads out.

Margo

• booberry85
    12 years ago

Emailed Margo! Yes, I do realize she won't get to it for a couple days.

Hope the snow isn't bad, Margo.

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    12 years ago

Today my local Dollar General store put out their spring bulbs. They are selling Glads and Liatris. 10 Liatris bulbs is $2. Dollar General stores in different places have different stock. These bulbs are from Holland. I know many of you prefer specific varieties, but I wanted to share my find.

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Just checking in to see who I'm sending too...Corrine! I'm sending to you again. :)

I think I still have your addy from last month? I'll check. I'll start on your package next week. This weekend is going to be busy.

4th grade sleepover tonight...yup! the whole 4th grade sleeps over at the school tonight. I wouldn't really call it sleeping. There's a treasure hunt, sack races, crafts, cooking, movies and popcorn in the auditorium, roller skating in the gym, face painting and some other things for them to do. They have pizza and snacks, and in the morning they have a pancake breakfast and get a "I survived the 4th Grade Sleepover" Tshirt. Usually they are awake all NIGHT! The adults are the ones who look like zombies in the morning! WISH ME LUCK!

Saturday is dance, movies and dinner. And Sunday the kids both have birthday parties to go to.

OH! I already need an Advil! :)

Talk to you later!
    vina

• oliveoyl3
    12 years ago

Vina,
    I noticed it, too, but because that was MNF this time you're upcycling. I know you'll think of something you've not already given me. Maybe blue in the name of vegetable seeds or descriptions.
    Thanks for sharing about the sleepover. It brings back memories of fun times while a silly girl. You're BRAVE! I don't think I could do it now.

Spent some time baggin up the blues this weekend & it was fun!

Corrine

• smitties
    12 years ago

I received my package from Shirley and I can tell a lot of thought went into it. She included a nice letter to me as well. She included

Two homemade book covers. One is made of a heavy paper and hand decorated with two flowers. The other is made of wallpaper in a blue and white gingham with butterfly cutouts attached. These are both going to go over cookbooks in my kitchen. Love em.

Also included was a little heart homemade magnet. She used a doily like heart and attached little silk flowers and a bow. On the fridge holding a note right now.

Seeds, blue nigella, blue bedder salvia, and borage. Yeah, blues I can add to my garden.

And last but not least, a recycled Whole Foods reusable bag. This will be put to good use because I am a big believer in reusing bags.

Thank you Shirley for such a great Blues package. I just love this recycling group. So important to raise awareness of how this can be reused.

Margo

• sjc48
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Greetings from Minneapolis! I'm out here for my granddaughter's 4th B-Day! Can't believe this child is 4 already! I'm doing the babysitting thing right now, Mum and Dad are out celebrating Dad's B-Day! We celebrate the 11th, 13th and 14th-busy weekend!
    Margo, wow, that was quick! Glad you enjoyed it. I really like the upcycling that Jeanne introduced us to in the last swap. Hope the seeds grow well for you!
    Vina - I'm sitting here REALLY glad these two little girls are in bed, and you're getting ready for a fourth grade sleepover. Hmmmm, I'm glad I'm where I am! Good luck with the sleepover and have fun!
    Heidi - I've had good luck with inexpensive bulbs,terrible luck with most inexpensive seeds-can't figure that one out.
    Talk to ya all later!!
    Shirley!

• sjc48
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Everyone! Just checking in. Hope you all had a great weekend. We had Tabitha's B-Day Party today, at Choo Choo Bob's, this really neat little place that sells trains, all shapes, sizes, for kids and adults. It also has a huge play area where the kids can play with the trains. They all loved it! Yes, Tabitha loves Thomas!
    I'm thinking I'm going to keep track of all the "Blue" seeds everyone sends out in this swap: so far, we have blue nigella, salvia blue bedder and borage. It will be interesting to see what everyone comes up with!
    Talk to ya later,
    Shirley!

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

I have been sick with a bad cold so just coming by to say hello. It will be at least a few more days before I put a package together for this swap. No one wants the germs!
    Have a good week and Happy Valentine's Day to everyone - I know it's a day early. LOL
    Jeanne

• sjc48
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Happy Valentine's Day! Hope ya all have a sweet day!
    Jeanne, hope your cold is better!
    Just a reminder - we have until the 25th to send out our Blues, so there is still plenty of time!
    have a great day!
    Shirley!

12 years ago

I had a little trouble when it came to blue...but the creative juices started flowing and I have had a lot of fun. The book cover came from my 11-year-old's idea. I have 2 more things to do and then get it in the mail! Yesterday I took my daughter 300+ miles round-trip to check on her tooth surgery. It's scheduled for Mar. 2. After a day in the car I might trade for a 4th grade sleepover! ha What great memories you're helping them make! You get a gold star!
    Photos add so much. If you have a phone you can take a photo on your phone, click 'share' and email it to yourself. (This way you don't have to connect a cord to your computer.)
    Then create a photobucket account and upload it to Photobucket. You can list (copy and paste) the address of the photo on gardenweb and people can click on it and see it.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to use photobucket

12 years ago

Jeanne,
    Your Bagged Up Blues are in the Mail-hopefully to be delivered by the Boys (and Girls) in Blue USPS! #0311 0240 0001 9992 9143.
    Heidi

• smitties
    12 years ago

Becky, finally got my act together and did up all my swaps. Your package is going to be posted in the morning and I will post the DC number when I get home from work. Wanted to do this earlier and get it to you by Valentines but my head cold made me do otherwise. Sorry and hope you enjoy the blues.

Margo

• sjc48
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Everyone! Just got back from Minney-great to be home, altho it's really quiet here!
    Good to see more Blues on their way, will be back tomorrow with an update.
    Have a good nite, All!
    Shirley!

• booberry85
    12 years ago

Thanks Margo, I'll be looking forward to it.

Heidi, I haven't forgotten about you. Work hasn't let up yet. I have all your goodies together, but haven't been able to get to the post office yet. I'm hoping I'll be able to sneak away from work on Saturday to get to the post office! I guess its good to be busy, but goodness! It's either feast or famine around here with in between!

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Hey all!

Heidi, I am the worst person in the world at posting pictures on the web...by far the WORST :) I will give it another try though...but I wouldn't bet the farm it will work this time either, lol. I actually think the computer cringes when I get near it :)

Corrine, your blues will be heading your way in the morning. :) I hope the recycled blue item doesn't give you the blues all over again when you see it :) And the kids even put something for your "blues" inside as well. I'll post dc when I mail. :)

Talk to you later!
    vina

• oliveoyl3
    12 years ago

Shirley,
    I know what you mean about the silence. After our niece's kids just turned 3 & 6 years old leave we feel like, "Ah." Then when we get up from the reclining couch we find all sorts of things to put away. No grandkids yet, so these little ones are keeping us in shape.

Worked on blues yesterday afternoon after I went shopping for seeds & blues.... I found out I love, love, love low melt hot glue! Why I ever have used that hot stuff is beyond me. I tend to go through those mini sticks fast, so if someone knows a good place to buy a big bag, let me know.

This morning after I had coffee & pumpkin bars leftover from Valentine's Day dinner with my hubby, I made 2 other things out of paper to chase away the blues for you, Shirley (my partner this swap!)

I'm on a roll, but hubby reminded me that I need to stay focused today to get everything done. First, we bought a new bookcase last night & I need to take everything off the old one to switch them. Since I'm so particular about placement it's my job :o) That's what I get for being a stinker about organization. Second, our other bookcase needs to be moved to our spare bedroom. I am excited because that's where I can set up base with crafts, sewing, & gardening stuff (books, labels, etc.). Our son is having a birthday party on Friday serving sushi & teriyaki chicken to a huge group of friends. One friend is going to spend the night in that room, so I have a job to do!

I hope you can wait, Shirley because I won't get back to the blues until late Sun or Monday. After the partying on Friday I will be doing the last of the party clean up. I'm most excited about an outing with my hubby to my favorite nursery where we're buying 50, yes fifty primroses & put them in the entrance gardens around the camp. The forecast is for lots of rain, so it might be a lot of darting in & out on Saturday to get them all planted. Of course, it's not just a dig a hole & plant thing. I'll pull weeds, add compost, mulch, etc.

I'm ambitious aren't I? At least it chases away the blues...

Corrine

• sjc48
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello Everyone!
    Corrine, I'm in no hurry for the Blues, fighting off "missing the grandkid" blues just now!
    It looks like some of you will be mailing tomorrow or next day, so I'll wait a day or two to post an update!
    Have a good nite!
    Shirley!

• smitties
    12 years ago

Becky's package is finally on the way.
    DC 0311 3260 0002 0804 4664

Hope you like the 'blues'. Margo

• oliveoyl3
    12 years ago

Bagged up blues for my partner, Shirley & in today's mail

DC 0310 2640 0002 3074 0547

What helped me get it all done was that we didn't switch the bookcase, but just put the new one in the bedroom. Yeah!

Corrine

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

Suzanne,
    Your package is on its way to you! I hope you like it.
    0311 1660 0000 5465 3388
    Jeanne

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Afternoon!

Corrine your BLUES are on the way :0) DC 0311 1660 0001 9243 3071

Have a great weekend!
    vina

• sjc48
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sure looks like a lot of people are going to be getting the blues - in a good way! Here's an update:
    Margo sent to Becky
    Becky sending to Heidi - trying to send on Sat.
    Heidi sent to Jeanne
    Jeanne sent to Suzanne
    Suzanne is sending to Vina
    Vina sent to Corrine
    Corrine sent to Shirley
    Shirley sent, Margo recieved!
    This swap is moving along just fine, hope ya all had fun with it!
    Shirley!

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

I received my pacakge from Heidi today. Heidi, you are so creative! Heidi made a book cover out of part or a pair of blue jeans. She cut them so there are outside pockets for the book cover and then has straps inside to fit over the actual book cover. Inside the pockets she had my blue seeds: Bachelor Button 'Blue Boy', Forget-Me-Not, Ageratum 'Blue Mink', Scabiosa 'Butterfly Blue', and Dephinium 'Blue". That's not all, there was a big bag for recycling that says "Keep Lexington Beautiful" and some cards and craft papers that she made, a grease pencil for writing on plant markers, and a sweet letter than included some pictures of her garden and a picture of her daughter. I remember when my daughters were that age - lots of fun!
    Thanks so much, Heidi. I never expected so many things to arrive in the box. You were really good about managing to get it all packed in there.
    Jeanne

• booberry85
    12 years ago

It's on the way Heidi! Here's the DC #0311 2550 0001 4950 8334

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    12 years ago

Vina, your blues are on the way, sent it Wednesday afternoon 03110820000198374968 Suzanne

12 years ago

Hold your breath and pray this works. I'm trying to put a photo up of what I sent Jeanne. I'm so glad you like it! I had a lot of fun putting it together.
    I'll try another link below in the event his one doesn't work. I love photos!
    Heidi

Here is a link that might be useful: Feb Fotess Photos

• booberry85
    12 years ago

I got home from work today to find Margo's package waiting for me! Inside, I received for seeds Veronica Blue Royal, Morning Glory Heavenly Blue, Blue Sea Holly and Baby Blue Eyes. Also inside was a neat folding bag (it folds into it's own little bag, a cloth beaded blue book cover, a hand made bead blue bracelet and a folding vase with hydrating beads (that's new to me).

Thanks so much for the wonderful swap!
    Becky

• sjc48
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Wow! There are some really creative ideas for the book covers! Heidi, thanks for sharing the pics! Margo, where did you get the idea for the cloth beaded cover?

Here's the list of blue seeds: Blue Nigella, Blue Bedder Salvia, Borage, Bachelor Button Blue Boy, Forget Me Not, Ageratum Blue Mink, Scabiosa Butterfly Blue, Delphinium Blue, Veronica Blue Royal, Morning Glory Heavenly Blue, Blue Sea Holly, and Baby Blue Eyes - No repeats!

And here's where we stand with the swap:
    Margo sent, Becky rec'd
    Becky sent to Heidi
    Heidi sent, Jeanne rec'd
    Jeanne sent to Suzanne
    Suzanne sent to Vina
    Vina sent to Corrine
    Corrine sent to Shirley
    Shirley sent, Margo rec'd

Have a nice Sunday!
    Shirley!

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Happy Presidents Day!

I received my Blues from Suzanne on Saturday!

Suzanne sent me a lovely card, explaining how she failed book covers 101. But she did send me a folded bookcover made out of wallpaper with little blue flowers. She couldn't have picked a better paper, this is just what Taylor and I were looking for! Only we are going to use it for our scrapbooking...recycling again...LOVE IT! And a perfect package of gardening stickers...which we are also using for scrapbooking :)
    She also made me the cutest seed packets with my name on them. They are all different with turtles, flowers, even little bees. SO CUTE!!!!
    And my seeds: Blue Sea Holly, Blue Flax: Richters, Scabiosa: Fama Deep Blue. Can't wait to get these started!
    And my recycled bag is a gift bag covered with fruit!

I just loved all my Blues! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Have a great day everyone!
    vina

• sjc48
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Everyone!
    Well, I've really got the Blues today - no - really - I got the Blues from Corrine today, and I don't mind getting these kinds of Blues!
    Corrine sent:
    a recycled card-very clever, I've wanted ideas for doing this!
    a refrigerator magnet made from the same card;
    a baggie, with blue note, of teabags (green tea, a staple in my diet!) and coffee singles (another staple!) to chase away the blues;
    a 2012 bird calendar, with a BLUE bird on the front;
    The bookcover was made with a brown paper bag and then covered with 2 kinds of blue fabric, with a third blue fabric creating a folder that held the seeds! There is also a pencil pouch on the cover, with a blue pen and blue sparkly pencil! She even sent the book, it's about attracting birds, which is perfect for me!
    And then there were the seeds:
    Blue Sunflowers, Blue Balloon flowers and blue/purple anise hyssop; these last were needed, because I think my anise hyssop is dying out.
    Corrine also included some seeds from my wants list: basil (can never have enough!), snapdragons, zinnias, cosmos, joe pye weed and, TA DAH!! Rocket Larkspurs! I really like these and plan to plant as many as I can get! All over the place!!
    Corrine, the magnet is up on the frig,the calendar is hung, I'm sipping the tea and reading the book as we speak, and the seeds are all sorted, ready to be planted. This was a GREAT Blues package!
    Thank You!
    Shirley!

• oliveoyl3
    12 years ago

Oh, my ... I goofed & sent one of the upcycled items to my MNF partner instead of Shirley. I was packing up both that day and in & out of the envies to get it all to fit. This was from my son's zippered binder & I cut down the heavy plastic that holds the 3 ring binder. I left enough plastic to be able to screw it into your potting bench to hold your hand tools on the 3 rings. It needs to be at least a 2" binder to be able to slip the hand trowel, etc. onto it.

Makes me laugh sometimes how many mistakes I make when tired or in pain.

Corrine

12 years ago

I got your package Becky! Thank you so much! I received 2 book covers! Both made of cloth and she apologized for her sewing, but it looked very good to me. Inside the purple flowered bookcover is a canning book. (Did God tell you to send that? I keep thinking about canning and then I talk myself out of it.) She sent me 2 kinds of seeds-black-seeded ice cream watermelon and sleeping beautiful cantaloupe. What fun! I can't wait to try these. (If any of you are OCD, just add the word 'blue' to the name and we'll all pretend!). AND I can't wait to try these...4 sewn coasters with blueberries printed on them. The tag says when you place your hot cup on the mug...smell the balsams. My grandmother is still waiting for me to start drinking coffee...this might be the temptation I needed! Of course my daughter loves hot chocolate so she can drink and I can smell the aroma! Thank you! I took a picture and will try to put it up here.

{{gwi:1236481}}

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1236481}}

• sjc48
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Corrine, if you got my email, you know by now that you sent the binder/hanger to me; you didn't goof, but I sure did - very sorry about forgetting to mention it. And it is a great idea, it is hanging off the side of my computer desk, to hold my keys, usb cords, and assorted chargers. AND it was hanging there, right in my face, when I posted before.
    Makes ya wonder, doesn't it!?
    Heidi - what a beautiful blues package!
    Becky - did you have a pattern for the book covers?
    Corrine, once again, sorry!
    Shirley!

• booberry85
    12 years ago

Heidi glad you got the package. You should poke around the package and maybe those book covers because I did include some blue flower seeds and blue winter squash (pumpkin) seeds!

Shirley, I did follow a pattern that I found on the internet, but the dimensions were terrible off (thus the two book covers!). I don't recommend the pattern that I followed.

12 years ago

Corrine, I want to see the pouch! I'm trying to imagine it. Can you describe it some more and give us some directions? I might try my hand at that!
    Heidi

• sjc48
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Heidi,maybe I used the wrong word, the pouch is simply a rectangular peice of fabric glued onto the book cover, wide enough for 2-3 pencils. Corrine did a nice job using just cloth and glue for the cover.
    I am amazed at all the creative ideas for book covers.The only creativeness we used on them in High School was to get everyone to sign them.
    I'll be back tomorrow with an update on the swap, it looks like we are going to be all over and done with by the deadline-that is so great!
    Shirley!

• oliveoyl3
    12 years ago

Everyone just laugh along with us. It's free & soooo good for you.

I'm glad Shirley found a good use for the upcycled binder piece from a zippered binder from my son. It had frayed beyond repair again and was previous repaired by my daughter with duct tape, so two kids used it hauling a lot of places. Now it's a hanger for Shirley's things by her computer. Great idea by the way because there are lots of thin binders that get beat up here, too, but the rings weren't large enough for the garden tools like this one was.

I didn't take any pics of what I made to send. Shirley, do you know how to upload pics to GWeb for Heidi to see?

Description of how I made the book cover:
    I folded a brown paper sack to slide the ends of the front & back covers. I used hot glue to seal the sack to itself, but not to the book.

I laid 2 scraps of upholstery samples side by side to cover the front. They already have pinked edges & I only cleaned up the side that was attached in the sample book. I placed another smaller piece overlapping both of the 1st pieces for the pocket or pouch gluing it in place on the sides & bottom. Next to it I attached another smaller rectangle for the pen & pencil. It's a bit tight, so hope it loosens up, but at least you won't lose the pen or pencil out of it.

The denim blue & white color scheme looked nice on the brown paper, so that's how I picked them.

I also selected one of the Sunset books that is the same size as the Ortho garden books, so if you have another thin volume you're using to carry around with you for reading in the garden or while waiting at dr's office you can slip that book inside the cover instead.

Hope that helps,
    Corrine

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    12 years ago

Received my blues package from Jeanne yesterday. In it was a BLUE multi-print bookcover for my paperbacks,blue lobelia which I wanted to make a hanging basket, three kinds of tea which I can't wait to try and a mug rug that she quilted. I had never heard of a mug rug before, it is to set your coffee, tea or whatever on. Thank you Jeanne!!!

• oliveoyl3
    12 years ago

Becky - were the coasters made from cloth placemats or did you start from scratch? What is the balsam in there? Heidi's pics got me thinking about some similiar looking cloth placemats I have saved for repurposing. I'm not really into sewing, but fuss with a few things & get something done now & then. I admit once the sun shines later in the season I'm out there :o) so anything that needs sewing gets done after dark or early in the morning before I go out.

Corrine

• sjc48
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Suzanne, sounds like a great Blues package! I've never heard of a mug rug, either, maybe Jeanne will let us know where to get directions.
    AND!! Whoa, are we done? I think we are! Everyone has received their Blues package:
    Margo sent to Becky - Rec'd
    Becky sent to Heidi - Rec'd
    Heidi sent to Jeanne - Rec'd
    Jeanne sent to Suzanne - Rec'd
    Suzanne sent to Vina - Rec'd
    Vina sent to Corrine - Rec'd
    Corrine sent to Shirley - Rec'd, and
    I sent to Margo - Rec'd.
    And we can add these blue seeds to the list:
    Blue Flax, Scabiosa Fama Deep Blue, Blue Sunflowers, blue Balloon Flowers, Anise Hyssop, Blue Winter Squash, and Blue Lobelia.
    Thanks to everyone for making this an excellent swap! You are all so creative! Hope you all enjoyed getting the Blues!
    Now you can all head over to the Leapin' Leprechaun swap that Jeanne has started for March. It is a very easy, simple swap that should be fun!
    I'm taking a "swap" break in March but I'll be checking in to chat every once in a while. I'll be back in April for National Poetry Month - yeah, I'm going to try and fit poetry, reading, recycling/upcycling and seeds all together - wish me luck!
    Thanks again for a great swap!
    Shirley!

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

Shirley,
    I can't wait to see what you come up with for April. We will all be waiting to see what it is!
    This swap was a very creative idea so I know you will come up with another good one.
    Jeanne

• oliveoyl3
    12 years ago

My blues package arrived from Vina yesterday marked fragile, so that got me thinking.

Inside wrapped in garden themed wrapping paper with watering cans on it was a 100% recycled wall hanging with a hand painted snowman with earmuffs and a sweet expression. I love the carrot nose & red cheeks on him!

She also sent a lovely flowers & blue butterfly book cover around a pass along book that has garden & friendship sentiments along with gift ideas & recipes for special friends. A thoughtful idea to start a passalong book, so who knows when I'll send it on it's way.

She also bagged up some blues for me in a blue patterned fleece pocked her kids helped & made with stapling the sides together. Inside were 4 pkts of seeds - Blue Satin Rose of Sharon, Dianthus 'Sooty blues', Columbine 'Blue Star', & platycodon mostly blues & some double whites. None of these are in my gardens, so woo hoo!!

Thanks, Vina for the blues all bagged up for me!

Corrine

• sjc48
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sorry, I missed that one - Nice blues package, Corrine!
    Now I think we are REALLY done with the Blues!
    Shirley!