Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
intheforest

NEW: 5th Annual Seed Addicts Swap

intheforest
16 years ago

5th Annual Seed Addicts Swap

It is time again, yah!

Any seeds go old/new, veggie, flower, shade, natives, etc.

Here are the guidelines:

Deadline for mailing to me will be February 20th, all seed packets need to be sent (postmarked)by this time.

Please include:

* Return postage -same or more than it took you to mail. I'll recycle the bubble mailer you send seeds in.

* Address Label

* Your Garden web name

*** Lists of what you sent and also wish list (These are VERY important to help me NOT send the same seeds back to you. Maybe you'll get a wish or two, too?)

*Newbies should send postage and write newbie on bubble envelope.

I will return seeds by March 1st or earlier (or as soon as all seeds are in.)

Note--This year I am adding a Maximum Limit of 30 trade pkts or less, the last few years a few huge sasbes (40-60 pkts) have been sent and I think it limits the variety to all swappers a little because of needing to fill those big envelopes.

You can send duplicates, (only 2 if they are very common.) You will receive the same amount of packets as you send in and any "Bonus" seeds . Anyone wanting to donate "Bonus" seeds please label them as

"Bonus" or separate them and I will distribute them to other swappers and newbies.

FYI -I can only include bonuses if you have adequate return postage to allow it-you may want an extra stamp (ex-if it only took you the minimum to send, but you sent 22 extra-lightweight pkts) often seeds from others can weigh

differently due to way they are packaged/size of seed, too.

Happy sowing,

Abbey

FYI-Please check your settings to allow me to reply by email to your post.

Comments (97)

• kandaceshirley
    16 years ago

ok, I think I've been watching this long enough, now that the deadline is almost here :D - I'm in if you'll still have my procrastinating self - send me your mailing address and I"ll get them out in the mail tomorrow.

• karenh71867
    16 years ago

My seeds will be going out tomorrow!! I'm a procrastinator just like you kandituft!! I'm always waiting til the last minute!!

Karen/kalena67

• Belinda Sisemore
    16 years ago

can I still get in on this one

• akidleativy2
    16 years ago

Just found out about this one! Please count me in and I'll get my seed packs out to you tomorrow. Got some rare beauties already set aside for it. Can I get an address for shipping please?

• intheforest
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Just got home-I got stuck in a snowdrift yesterday afternoon. I met a few neighbors, one had to put me up for the night and the other rescued my suv with their tractor and then brought me the car this morning once the plows had cleared a path to the neighbor I stayed with-bless their hearts. The plows changed their habits on me-that road used to be plowed late afternoon, yesterday it was only plowed at 7am. As I came over the rise thinking it was just small drifts starting after the afternoon plow it was too late, and it was very bad, yikes. I'm going to think twice about barreling through the next one this winter, even if I think I can make it. I'll never get to work this winter though if I'm too gun shy about small drifts with the way this winter is going. I've never seen anything like it - those of you who live in town or in the south don't know how lucky you are.
    Keep warm everyone, Abbey

• pamperedavonchefof3
    16 years ago

would love to join and will send seeds out tom if I can get an addy?
    JAmie

• marcia_m
    16 years ago

Thank goodness for good neighbors! We haven't had much snow here in western PA this winter. That's good for the people but the freezing/thawing without snow cover is not so good for many plants. And the older I get, the more I envy people in the warmer zones :-)

• momcat
    16 years ago

my seeds are on their way.

Thanks for hosting this swap.

Deb

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Aren't neighbors great, Abbey?! We got stuck in a big snow drift late last night about 1/4 mile from our house, and a sweet neighbor came over with his tractor and pulled us out! We would have had to walk back home without him, and leave the truck sitting there, knowing the plow was coming through very early this morning!

Becki

• weeds105
    16 years ago

Hi All, due to a family emergency I am going to back out.
    Thanks, Eileen

• ibartoo
    16 years ago

Wow Abbey, I am glad you got home. I can't imagine being stuck in the snow....... I've never seen that much snow in my life..............You are in my prayers. Linda

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Abbey - I just realized that these seeds need to be mailed out today, and there is no way I am going to get that done. But, if it's okay, I'll get them in tomorrow's mail. If this a problem, please let me know! Thank you!
    Becki

• evilei
    16 years ago

Oh dear, Abbey I think I forgot to put my return label in the package I sent!

I'm so sorry if I did. Can you let me know for sure?
    thanks again
    eileen
    evilei

• jblanton08
    16 years ago

mailed my seeds on tuesday 19th
    thanks
    Jen

• threeshyacres
    16 years ago

Hi Abbey,

I mailed my seeds yesterday, 2-20-08, so you will be receiving them shortly.

Have a great day,
    Jodi B.
    : )

• soleado
    16 years ago

Seeds are on the way from Georgia. :O))).

- Jonathan.

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Mine are on the way too. Sorry got them off to you a little late.

• soleado
    16 years ago

Hearing about those snow drifts is really something else. It's so foreign to me, being from Georgia... So are snow chains/tires?, oil furnaces, etc. I went to Chicago two years ago and was like a deer in headlights looking out of the car window at the snow... It was amazing!

• marcia_m
    16 years ago

We're having more snow today! And it was 7 degrees at 6:30 this morning!!! I'm really looking forward to planting seeds from our swap :-) Come on, spring!
    Marcia

• evilei
    16 years ago

It's rainy and blah here in SE PA, I guess I should be glad we didn't get some of that snow!
    Eileen

• intheforest
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well, I worked all weekend and still had more to do. Was lucky I got snowed in(AGAIN)yesterday and got mostly done sorting, checking wish lists, and hardest of all, trying not to send back what you sent in. I apologize in advance if a couple get by me, my eyes start crossing after a while, LOL. The best part is lots of wishes are being filled, and when too exact, I've tried to get someting close. (I tried, but there will occasionally be that item from the do not want list where there were WAY too many of something like marigolds and morning glories.)

There are lots of bonuses, so look out! I hope to get the first batch out today, and all of them in the next couple days. So start watching later this week, most should arrive by the weekend.

Enjoy your little bits of spring.
    Abbey

• marcia_m
    16 years ago

Thanks, Abbey, for all your hard work. I'm looking forward to the surprises!
    Marcia

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

I will be on the lookout! I am sure you put a ton of hard work into this! Really appreciate it! thanks, Melinda

• mommymaureen
    16 years ago

Hi Abbey! Thanks so much for hosting this. I can't wait to get my packet! I've already sown a few seeds but have room for tons more!

Maureen

• evilei
    16 years ago

Yay, yay, yay!
    Last night was recycle night so I went on a recon mission through the neighborhood looking for milk jugs. So I should be set to jet!

Thanks again for doing the swap Abbey.
    Eileen

• jblanton08
    16 years ago

thanks for all the hard work will let you know when I get my packet
    thanks again
    Jennifer

• zengeos
    16 years ago

I missed this forum

pout

• karenh71867
    16 years ago

Woo Hoo!! I got my seeds today! Thank you Abbey for hosting this swap and for all of the time you put into it!
    I received a great selection of seeds and even have some that I have to look up :-)) Thanks again Abbey, and also Thanks to everyone in this swap for sending in such a great selection!

Karen

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Thanks for all the work Abbey, I'll watch for mine!

Sue G.

• soleado
    16 years ago

I keep anxiously going to the mail-box. LOL. :O). I will chime back in to let you know when they arrive. To everyone and Abbey; Thank you so very much for your work and time spent doing this.

• mommymaureen
    16 years ago

Hi Abbey!
    I received my packet of seeds. Wow, you did a marvelous job. I got so many favorites and you really took the time to make sure I didn't get any of my seeds back. I hope you host another one soon. I can't wait to get started with my new seeds!

Maureen

• beckilove
    16 years ago

I got my seeds yesterday!! Yippeee!!!! Thank you so much, Abbey, and everyone else! I got a wonderful selection of seeds! So exciting! Thank you very much!!
    Becki

• jessewo
    16 years ago

Oh! I'm so envious! Come on Post Office!

• kristlindgren
    16 years ago

I got my seeds today. Thank you very much for all the hard work you put into this, and a thank you to everyone who sent in seeds.

Kris

• marcia_m
    16 years ago

My seeds arrived today, too. What a nice variety! Thank you again, Abbey, and thank you all, fellow gardeners, for sharing such great seeds! I am starting to look up info about the plants that are new to me--it's the best thing next to actually playing out in the garden (hard to do when it's 35F!).
    Happy gardening, everyone!
    Marcia

• soleado
    16 years ago

The seeds arrived today. Yay; Santa Claus in March. :O). The variety is wonderful. Thank you very much to everyone, including Abbey. :O).

• panchiro
    16 years ago

My seeds arrived today too. Thanks for you hard work. Thanks so much for the bonus seeds, everything is great.

• jessewo
    16 years ago

YES!!! Nice big envelope in the box today! What fun! I'd have written earlier, but with our extra light at the end of the day, I HAD to go out to the shed & plant! Thanks again Abbey & all who participated! See you next year! I looked back in my journal tonight & realized that this was one of my first trades 3 years ago. Thanks for making that newbie feel welcome & feeding my adiction!

• threeshyacres
    16 years ago

Hi Abbey and Fellow Gardeners,

I received my seed envie yesterday...thanks so much! There were some nice suprises waiting for me, especially Larkspur 'Blue Mirror', Sweet Sultan, Salvia 'Purple Knockout', Alyssum 'Gold Dust', and many more!

Thanks so very much...woohoo...soon time to start planting!

Happy Spring to ALL,
    Jodi B.
    'ThreeShyAcres'
    : )

• ibartoo
    16 years ago

My seeds arrived today! thank you so much. My hubby started singing christmas is here! LOL I can't wait to go thru everything and see what to start next. I need more pots now. YIPEE! Abbey, Thanks for all the work you put into this one. Linda

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

I received my wonderful envelope of seeds. Thanks so much Abbey. Such a lovely variety. Looking forward to next year too!

Sue G.

• prairiewinds
    16 years ago

I've received my seeds as well, Abbey. Thanks again!

• dem_pa
    16 years ago

I received my seeds. Thanks for hosting a great swap. Thanks to all who shared their seeds.

dem_pa

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

My seeds came today. Thanks to everyone for the great seeds and Abbey for hosting.
    Happy Spring!

• astilbebstillz6a
    16 years ago

My seeds came yesterday, but I couldn't log on for some reason. Anyway, thanks to all of you for the great selection of seeds! Wisteria seeds are so cool, I had never seen any before! A special thanks to Abbey for Hosting, and I hope everyone has a great gardening season!
    ...Marylee

• jblanton08
    16 years ago

I received my seed envelope yesterday also, thanks so much to everyone and especially Abbey for putting this together.
    Happy Gardening!
    Jennifer

• kandaceshirley
    16 years ago

My seeds came yesterday. Thank you everyone for the great variety and thank you Abbey for hosting!

• Linda G (zone 6a)
    16 years ago

I got mine yesterday - yipeee. Thanks so much for hosting it and everyone, what a selection of seeds.

Thanks!!!!

• carol57078
    16 years ago

I got the seeds, thank you very much for hosting it. I got a wonderful selection from my want list. Thanks alot, Carol

• pattygrow5
    16 years ago

Hi Abbey I got my seeds last week but just got back on line today they were great .Thanks for hosting!
    Patty