Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
northernmich

NEW: sweet 100 round robin

northernmich
15 years ago

I'll start the package with 100+ packets. Please replace one for one or more. If there is more than one of the same variety please take only two maximum.

Once we have enough signed up, I will close the RR so no deadline as of now. You will e-mail your GW nickname and name and address. I will do a mass e-mail with my address and we will use this thread for tracking of THE package until we need a second thread. Sweet 100 will be the title to search.

A sheet with all addresses and the order will be enclosed in the package as well as my cell phone number for an emergency contact.

These may be any seeds a seed company sells but no plants or bulbs please. It may contain labeled, private collected seeds(please state year) or commercial. The package travels from person to person. Once the package comes back to me, it may make another round and you may choose to particpate or not.

My signing up though, you commit to timely sending, postage changes or replacing a messed up package, etc. for ONE round.

If you are new to this, you are more than welcome.

Once I have the addresses I will try and keep the package moving in a pre-determined pattern (ex: not coast to coast and back again) to reduce shipping fees and time in travel.

I will keep all information in a Word document. If you have to drop please inform me so I can make changes and notify all.

Earl

My review is under Dozen Dozen, a swap I have run two years running...Sweet 100 is my first all seed swap round robin.

Comments (121)

• yotetrapper
    15 years ago

I didnt get it yesterday, I'm hoping for today, but I'll be at work so I wont know until tonight. :(

Luckily we have a good mailman and if no one is home he just opens the door and shoves the packages inside our house. It's nice to live in the country lol.

• northernmich
    Original Author
    15 years ago

IF you are not on THE list but signed up, notify me by e-mail.

Yotetrapper   IL
    Country-gardener  IL
    Momcat  IL

Gardenmom2 IN

Antoine OH (updated-my mistake)
    Lisam627_ohio-z6 OH
    Conniesc OH
    Skyblue52 OH

Jaynine CT
    Kamiljablo CT

Bonechickchris NJ (NEW)
    Poisondartfrog KY

Ibartoo SC
    Bogartbaby SC

Rosieo  FL
    Plspell  LA
    Kiddo  TX
    Sguanson  AZ

Austinhanasmom  CO
    Highalttransplant  CO

Grolikecrazy  UT
    Luvgardening2 Â CA (ADDED)
    Patti1957 Â OR
    Dirtgiggin  WA
    Vic-zn5 Â MT
    Ladylotus  ND
    Kalena67 Â SD
    Uptreasa  MI
    Northernmich  MI

• yotetrapper
    15 years ago

Grrrrrrr It didnt come today either. was all set to work on it tonight now that I am home, and it didnt come. I was expecting 3 swaps today....this one, Acres, and Patty's.... and I got home to......NOTHING. Grrrr. LOL. I checked the tracking number and it said it just left champaign IL, wherever that is, so at least it's in the state...maybe tomorrow.

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Champaign is near Indiana line. Right in the middle of the state (North to South). My dad lives near there. I could call him and he could just go pick it up and bring it to me, huh??? LOL Just kidding. Hopefully you get it today. Not sure where you are in Illinois though??? But yeah, my mailman just opens up the garage and puts it there or in the truck outside. Although she gets annoyed to have to get out of the car. She is funny b/c she will lay on the horn forever before she gets out. Good Luck in gettingit today. Nichol

• yotetrapper
    15 years ago

I'm on the other side of the state. Western boundary, half way between N & S. But they said it LEFT champaign, so hopefully it made it to my post office yesterday. Mail ain't ran yet, but it should be any time. At least I'll be home to get it today. What sucks is I have to work a close shift tonight so I wont even be able to revel in my seeds for long before work LOL. Patty's envie also left champaign, so today should maybe be a seed bonanza LOL.

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Hope so. Let us know if you get it or not.

• yotetrapper
    15 years ago

Yes! I got it!! And went thru it and since I had my seeds already ready for it, I put my seeds back in already. Now I just need to address it, and mail it on its way on Monday. Trying not to hold things up.

Was worried about taking full packs of seeds, but Earl sent a lot of doubles of full seed packs so I didnt feel so bad. Still plenty of the orignal seeds for anyone who would like them.

Going on its way to country-gardener on Monday.

Thanks Earl!

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

Thanks Kamil!!!! You have my address already, right?

Poisondartfrog, would you mind sending me an email with your address please! Thanks so much!!!! Christy

• country_gardener
    15 years ago

Oh, wow already, SUPER ! I'm ready and waiting, Will update as soon as I receive and ship out, Thanks, Bonnie

• kiddo
    15 years ago

Yipee it's on it's way too exciting
    kiddo

• northernmich
    Original Author
    15 years ago
  • country_gardener
    15 years ago

It's Moving fast !
    Arrived here in this mornings mail and it's back out this afternoon on its way to Momcat.

• conniesc
    15 years ago

4 more people and it is my turn :) Can not wait!!!

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

May have to bow out of receiving this one. As far down on the list as I am, it may not make it to me before our Vacation in late March. We will be visiting relatives in CA and AZ, so I'll keep watch...if it's close, I'll just have it sent to the next person.

Toni

• momcat
    15 years ago

The seeds arrived today. What a wonderful assortment!! Best robin I've been in, I think!! I will get it to the post office tomorrow after work.

Thanks for letting me play!
    Deb

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

OOoooh I am next. I can't wait.

• momcat
    15 years ago

I'm sorry, I didn't get home until almost 7, so couldn't get to the post office. I have to make a quick run to Milwaukee tomorrow morning, but I am hoping to get home before the post office closes.

• momcat
    15 years ago

package shipped. I posted the confirmation number on the other thread.

Thanks for letting me play! This is one of the best robins I have ever been in.

Happy gardening!!
    Deb

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

This was great. I rec'd it and went through it today. I went on and mailed it out since I had to mail two others and made it to the post office at 5 min. to close. Loved it and had lots of fun. Lots of goodies in there. I would love to go again after it makes its round. I posted the confirmation on the other thread. Thanks. Nichol

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

Hey everybody,
    I wish to request that the package for this swap be well marked as such as to be instantly recognizable instead of having to play detective to figure it out!
    6 envelopes arrived on my porch today and two of them have no name and no notes in them!!!
    How am I to suppose to know that this huge envelope is from the Sweet 100 Round Robin or from other swaps I'm involved in. The sender's name is Caven I think, no first name, 1329 W. Main St
    Cottage Grove, OR
    I this our package from this swap???
    I looked at the list order of the names involved but it only lists GW names!!!
    Here's the paste up of the order of where the package should come from and where I should mail it to:

Highalttransplant CO
    Grolikecrazy UT
    Luvgardening2 CA (ADDED)
    Patti1957 OR

As you can see it is very confusing, highalttransplant is not from OR, so this package is not from this swap I have to surmise, so now I have a mystery package!! Might as well spread out everything in it and figure out who it's from.
    Aiaiaiaiaiai! and it's 2 AM Chris

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

Gotcha! A good thing I just switched to gmail because of its powerful email search tool! It's the package for the Winter Blues Swap!!Not bad at all! 181 packets of great varieties of seeds, no want list matchup, just send in whatever you have and get back the same number, only 2 were my own. This is an awsome swap!
    Can't wait for the Sweet 100 Swap package, to see how they all turn out... Chris

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

BUMP :) Just checking in~

Seems to be moving fast!
    Just wondering, is this an envelope or box?
    Christy

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

It's a large manilla envelope. It says "Fragile: Seeds" Do Not Bend. It has priority stickers all over it, too. You will know when you get it. Hope That Helps. Nichol

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    15 years ago

Hi All...I had a little Robin waiting for me tonight when I got home from work! What fun to go through all these seeds....such an eclectic collection! (61 commercial packs and 51 hand packed herbs, flowers, & veggies)!! I will do my best to mail the Robin out tomorrow on my lunch break from work.

Earl and everyone - is it OK to add a couple of hundred packs over and above what is in the package now? I don't want to upset anyone by sending too many seeds - but I just want to share my big inventory of flower seeds which mostly originated from generous traders...like you all, and seed swaps! The package should weigh less than two pounds. What do you think? Thanks! - Lisa

• jaynine
    15 years ago

i, too, was wondering if we could add more than we take out.

• antoinine
    15 years ago

Excuse me...Excuse me...I was skipped! I thought it was supposed to come to me after Gardenmom and before Lisam527. Am I mistakened?

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

I posted on the tracking thread. I mailed according to the list inside the enve and forgot you were added in. I am so SORRY. I already emailed Earl and told him and he took care o it. I believe Linda is mailing to you. Again, I am sorry. I forgot you had emaile me your addy and were added in. I was just going by the list and was very careful to double check the list even. I am so sorry everyone. I guess I really screwed up. I am sorry.

Nichol

• antoinine
    15 years ago

It's all taken care of. It was an honest mistake and the envy is on its way to me.

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

Nichol, we'll forgive you, if you just tell us what's in the envelope, LOL. Just kidding!

Only 14 more people before it gets to me. Yippee!!!

Bonnie

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    15 years ago

Hi,

The envie is definitely on it's way to Antoinine! I added lots of seeds to the 112 packs that were in there already.
    My guess is that Antoinine will be receiving about 350 packs of seeds total. It still fit in a standard Priority Mail Envelope (the gold envelope was torn and too beat up to use again!) and the cost was $5.60 with the delivery confirmation. I'll post that number on the other thread.

Thanks so much Earl for having this Round Robin - it's always fun for everyone! - Lisa

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Thanks Bonnie, but I can't tell ya. PLUS they added lots and lots and took some out and it won't be what was there for me. That is part of the fun. BUT, I want to go again after it is done. FOR SURE> Especially with all the new seeds plus everyone's picks and add's. This is absolutely great. I am glad everyone understands my newby goof. I was just trying to hurry to get it in the mail and goofed. No one is going to stone me to death today, huh?? If you decide to, you could use your seed packets, they won't hurt as badly and when I clean up when you finish, I will just keep the pack's. LOL Thanks for being so understanding.

Nichol

• antoinine
    15 years ago

FYI I will probably be adding about 100 or so packs too. I have a little cardboard box I can transfer everything into if you guys want. LMK

• conniesc
    15 years ago

OK I am a little confused with everyone adding more. Does that mean that if we see more than what we can offer we can take additional? Sorry if that is a stupid question.

• antoinine
    15 years ago

Holy smokes...It came today. There are a LOT of seed in there. A whole lot. I think it may be best to transfer it to a box as the envelope I got was torn and I don't think it would make it to 2 or 3 more people intact. I'll be getting it in the mail tomorrow.

• antoinine
    15 years ago

Mailed today to ConnieS

Thanks for letting me participate.

• conniesc
    15 years ago

woo-hoo, I am very excited to see the package. I am all ready to swap out some stuff. Hopefully everyone will enjoy the stuff I have to share. thanks

• grovespirit
    15 years ago

Aloha folks...
    If dirtdiggin has to bow out due to her vacation, can I please have her spot? It's not that far from dirtdiggin's place to mine.

I'd like to be able to grab some nice edible seeds from this Robin, and donate them to the seed charity called Need4Seed.

I'd also like to put some of my extra garden seeds into the box too, of course! Maybe some of y'all would enjoy my yellow morning glories, red pentas, sensitive plant, fragrant Carissa, cinnamon basil, heirloom eggplants, hot peppers, and so forth.

I couldn't sign up for this sooner because during the entire time this swap was originally open to signups, I had a couple crises going on at home preventing me from getting online.

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Hey Grove! nice to see you again! : )

Connie, I don't see why you could'nt take out more then you can put in, esp. if there is that much in there.

I was just checking in to see how it was going, isn't anyone going to even tell some of the seeds they got????? It's driving me crazy! : )

Vic

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Oh come on! Someone has to share what they got! Please, Please, Please!

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

I already tried that, Vic! It didn't work. They are trying to torture the rest of us, LOL!

Bonnie

• skyblue52
    15 years ago

yea I am next!!!I will try to get it out quickly. Susan

• antoinine
    15 years ago

In the box I found a lot more flower seed than veggies, but I guess that's because this is the season for people starting veggie gardens. That worked well for me though because I had more veggie seed in my stash than flowers because I grow perennials. A lot of what's in the box is really hard to find seed, and in nice amounts. There are a lot of packs that have one variety but enough seed for 15 people in them.

So I didn't take much (maybe 20 packs) but I added a lot of multiples of tomatoes, peppers, sprouts, greens etc and some kinda rare (white habaneros for example) and some not so rare (collard - kale - mustards) but pretty perennials like coral bells and bushing shastas that look like mums.

All together I think I put in a little over 100 small packs.

• conniesc
    15 years ago

Skyblue52.. the package is on the way to u!!!!

• kiddo
    15 years ago

Hey you guys keep posting...where are the seeds now.

Kiddo

• conniesc
    15 years ago

based on the UPS site, it has been delivered to Skyblue52

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Antoinine, WHITE habs?!?! I have never heard of them! Do they get as hot as the others? I bet they would be great in my salsa : )
    And you didn't mention what you took out....
    Vic

• northernmich
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sweet 100 exchangers...please use this thread to post when the package leaves your place, who it is going to and the tracking number.

Please!

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/roundrobin/msg021159294216.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Tracking link

• jaynine
    15 years ago

hoping to get to the post office tomorrow. will post on tracking thread if i do! some of the things i got:
    lots of tomatoes (i've actually sown a few of each of them and am putting the remainder back!), chioggia beets, couple kinds of eggplants, hot peppers, striped japanese maize, couple different penstemons, shasta daisy, feather reed grass and lots of other flowers. don't worry, there are still ALOT of items to choose from!

• jaynine
    15 years ago

I forgot to add that I highly recommend going through the box 2 or even 3 times. There are so many packets that I missed some varieties on the first go-through! (Is that a word?) Have fun everybody!

• antoinine
    15 years ago

Hey Vic...
    Sorry to just get back to you about the habs. This is the best description I found for them on the net:

"The White Habanero also know as 'Peruvian white Habanero' is a lovely & rare variety that is hard to come by and said to originate from Peru. These firey hot lantern shaped peppers grow on small, but very high yielding bushy pepper plants with the creamy-white colored pods measuring approximately 2 inches long by 3/4 of an inch in diamater. If you like seraing hot chiles, this could be the one for you as they have been rated at over 300,000 scoville heat units."

As far as what I took out, I know I took some white Italian eggplant and red celery seed, and a few packs of herbs and peas. I didn't take any flowers but added a few likeI said before.

I'd like to go another round in this one again. It was great.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths