Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ishareflowers

2014 commercial seed swap.

Welcome to the 2014 Commercial Seed Swap...Please read all the rules carefully as some have changed from last year. I know there are a lot of rules but it helps to make this a nice swap.

Here are the rules:

1. COMMERCIAL SEEDS only (seeds that were purchased, not collected)

2. They must be seeds from 2012, 2013 or 2014

3. They cannot be dollar store type seeds (.29-.59.or .99 cent packages)

3a. There are no mixes allowed, zinnia, cosmos, bachelors buttons, marigolds and so on.....

4. In the original package is best but if that's not possible, please label where they were purchased, what year they are from and your screen name.

5..Please do not send seeds that are known to have a short shelf life.

5. There will be a 25 pack limit on VEGETABLE seeds this year. NO LIMIT ON FLOWER seeds. (I am doing this because I do not have a large personal stash of veggie seeds to fill in and make a great package for the veggie gardener)

6. No more than 3 packs of the same type of seed (please don't make 3 packets of the same seed with 5 seeds in each package) I have purchased seeds that come with only 10 seeds to a package and shared only 5 seeds of that, However, I have also had seeds sent in with 3 packages of 10 mixed marigold seeds. This is not fair.

7. If you send in all vegetable seeds, you will get back all vegetable seeds. I had a member send in all veggie seeds and request only flower seeds in return, this I cannot do. the same goes for flowers.

I mark what each member sent so if you send in 25 veggies and 10 flowers, you will get back 25 veggies and 10 flowers.

8. Seed amounts, this is always a challenge. If you ordered a package of seeds and it came with a thousand seeds, chances are it is meant to be planted in masses. Please keep that in mind when sending some to your fellow gardener.

8a. These are commercial seeds so know that you will not always get a full gw trade amount "25 seeds>. It could be you only get 5 seeds of a perennial geranium because it was purchased with 10 seeds to begin with.

9. I will be posting a separate thread titled Commercial seed swap wish lists only. I ask that you put your seed wish list here for easier matching up for me.

MAILING RULES:

Seeds must reach me by March,1st

Please put in a return mailing label along with your postage for the ride home.

Postage should be what it cost you to send plus a little extra. This can be cash or stamps. I prefer cash because I mail from the Post Office and can pay exact amount due. When I have stamps, I have to put an extra stamp on for .20 cents due. I don't like paying them extra....lol Any excess $$$ will be returned!

I do send seeds from my garden IF they are on your wish list. This is a gift and not counted towards my contribution to the swap.

Seeds will e returned to you no later than March,15th. This allows you time to plant your new bounty! ...

Comments (150)

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Pinkiris, There is a separate thread in the round robin section for commercial seed swap-wish lists only...it's about 5 down from this one.

welcome cghpnds..when you are ready to mail your seeds drop me a line and I will send you my addy.

Lisa

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

Found it and posted my list. Thank you Lisa!

• drippy
    10 years ago

Hi, Lisa - I just got socked with another project, so am not going to have time to do this after all - sigh. Maybe next year! You're such a good sport to keep running this!

• sjc48
    10 years ago

Lisa, my seeds were mailed out today!
    Shirley!

• sjc48
    10 years ago

Lisa, my seeds were mailed out today!
    Shirley!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello,

I thought I would pop on and mention that if you add any seeds to your wants list please let me know so that I can print a new one!

Drippy, Sorry to hear that you can't join us!

Shirley, it's not a big deal, you have plenty of time.

Lisa

• lovesblooms
    10 years ago

Hi, Lisa,

I did add a couple of items a few days after I posted my wish list--sorry. I forgot you print out lists too.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I was just checking some more of my seeds against wish lists. I buy and traded for comm. Veg seeds BUT I know nothing about them. I see that some people are writing things like for containers or indoor growing....please if you have a moment add in some specific names of ones you may like.Clay lady, I opened your package of seeds, there are flower mixes and .89 cent packages. These are not allowed in the swap. I'm sorry, you must have missed that in the rules. I will return them with your package. Lisa

• lunar_owl
    10 years ago

I added one thing (Akebia quinata) to my list.

• lovesblooms
    10 years ago

Hi, Lisa,

Sorry about the unclear lists! I went in and updated to be a bit more specific and added blue sweet woodruff and linaria to my list.

Thanks

This post was edited by lovesblooms on Wed, Feb 5, 14 at 17:31

• ForeverRecycleReuse
    10 years ago

Hi Lisa -- I will be mailing my (25) vegetable seed packets in tomorrow's mail. Thanks for hosting this swap!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Loves blooms, no need to apologize. I'm sorry I don't know veggies better. Foreverrecycle, I will post when it arrives. I have sorted all the seeds I can, the seeds on the bed are seeds that were sent in that have not found homes yet :( Lisa

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    10 years ago

So organized... I just love it! Really good job, Lisa. :)

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

SJC, I got your seed package today...Thank you for the 7 packets of donated veg seeds. I'll try and send you a few flower packets from my personal stash!

Pan_handle, Did you receive our trade? I should mention to the group that Sherri was going to donate about 20 packets of veg. seeds. We worked out a side trade, my flowers for her veg seeds, so I have a larger stash of veg seeds. I just wanted to mention it so people in the swap don't think I am playing games with other peoples seeds!

Lisa

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    10 years ago

Lisa, sent my package in yesterday.

• skyblue52
    10 years ago

Hello Can I join. Will work on it tommorrow ????Susan

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Welcome Sky, email for an address when you are ready to send your package.

Lisa

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Good morning All,

I got two packages of seeds in yesterdays mail.

Hibiscusfan- Thank you for the extra veggie seeds, I will spread them out to those who sent extra postage. I'm sorry but several of your flower packets are mixes and cannot be accepted. I will send them back in your return envelope. Thank you for offering to keep the change.lol, but it will be returned with your package.

foreverrecycle- nice job packing your seeds! I did the same this year with most of my own but I only printed the back for the date and growing instructions.

I have been checking the wish list thread and see that many of you have not posted a wish list. It is not a requirement BUT without one, I have no idea what to send. I can try and wing it with a flower person based on what they sent in but don't know enough about veggies to feel comfortable doing that.

Let's play a game.

How about we try and guess how many seed packets have come in to swap so far...

One guess per person, per day. The prize will be seeds of course.

Lisa

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    10 years ago

I'll guess 349 packs, Lisa. :)

I think I added a couple veggies to my "want list". I'm going to look it over again this morning. Thank you!

• billingsdj
    10 years ago

I would like to join in!

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

I'm going to tweak my wish list a little shortly, just because.
    A

• Blunderbee
    10 years ago

I guess 247.

• crystalline_ca
    10 years ago

I guess 501 packs.

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    10 years ago

I'll guess 850

• leeann
    10 years ago

My guess is 277

• sjc48
    10 years ago

my guess is 737!

• naturegirl_2007 5B SW Michigan
    10 years ago

I guess 927 packs.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Welcome Billings,

Email me for an address when you are ready to mail out your package :)

Lisa

• lovesblooms
    10 years ago

I'll guess 1050... or thereabouts.

Um, I also updated my wish list (it's outside influence, I assure you!). But I actually took some things off (not that I mind receiving them, but they're not a priority and I have only a limited number of flower seeds to send in). I added petunias.

Just trying to be practical--as difficult as that is!

This post was edited by lovesblooms on Tue, Feb 11, 14 at 20:23

• lunar_owl
    10 years ago

How 'bout 382?

• jas_il
    10 years ago

My guess is 450

I have mailed my seeds today.

• mcc371
    10 years ago

My seeds are in the mail.

My guess is 715

Tammy

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

I'll guess 777; in the interest of good luck.

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    10 years ago

Today, I'll guess 475.

Is it like The Price Is Right, where the closest under (not over) wins? Fun game. :)

• jaynine
    10 years ago

Believe it or not, 777 was going to be my (lucky) guess!

This post was edited by jaynine on Wed, Feb 12, 14 at 8:57

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm looking for the exact number! I'm not playing around here...haha

This is round 1 of the game. The winner will hopefully get a packet of seeds from their WISH list!

I will then extend the game out a bit by adding in my own seeds for a total count. I am only counting seeds that have been sent in at this point. This will be another prize.

Lisa

I

• sjc48
    10 years ago

How about 832?

• naturegirl_2007 5B SW Michigan
    10 years ago

I guess 739 today.

• Blunderbee
    10 years ago

My guess today is 1021.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I haven't seen the correct number yet, close but not yet...Keep guessing! I will say that it is under 500!

Shirley, I got your postage $$ yesterday. Thank you.

There are a few people that jined the swap that I have not heard from since joining. Please if you see your name below and you are still joining in, post here.

helenb
    katsgarden
    mamaof2
    paperfinch
    smithmal
    risingcreek

Thanks,
    Lisa

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

Im guessing 412

Jayeanne

• crystalline_ca
    10 years ago

I guess 461 today.

• mcc371
    10 years ago

hmm, under 500 she says.. ok, my guess would be 499 !

• roper2008
    10 years ago

My guess is 351.

• lovesblooms
    10 years ago

My guess is 312.

• lunar_owl
    10 years ago

Todays guess shall be 442.

• cghpnd
    10 years ago

hmmm...maybe 327....