Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
2014 commercial seed swap.

Posted by ishareflowers 6a. MA. (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 4, 14 at 12:19

Welcome to the 2014 Commercial Seed Swap...Please read all the rules carefully as some have changed from last year. I know there are a lot of rules but it helps to make this a nice swap.

Here are the rules:

1. COMMERCIAL SEEDS only (seeds that were purchased, not collected)

2. They must be seeds from 2012, 2013 or 2014

3. They cannot be dollar store type seeds (.29-.59.or .99 cent packages)

3a. There are no mixes allowed, zinnia, cosmos, bachelors buttons, marigolds and so on.....

4. In the original package is best but if that's not possible, please label where they were purchased, what year they are from and your screen name.

5..Please do not send seeds that are known to have a short shelf life.

5. There will be a 25 pack limit on VEGETABLE seeds this year. NO LIMIT ON FLOWER seeds. (I am doing this because I do not have a large personal stash of veggie seeds to fill in and make a great package for the veggie gardener)

6. No more than 3 packs of the same type of seed (please don't make 3 packets of the same seed with 5 seeds in each package) I have purchased seeds that come with only 10 seeds to a package and shared only 5 seeds of that, However, I have also had seeds sent in with 3 packages of 10 mixed marigold seeds. This is not fair.

7. If you send in all vegetable seeds, you will get back all vegetable seeds. I had a member send in all veggie seeds and request only flower seeds in return, this I cannot do. the same goes for flowers.

I mark what each member sent so if you send in 25 veggies and 10 flowers, you will get back 25 veggies and 10 flowers.

8. Seed amounts, this is always a challenge. If you ordered a package of seeds and it came with a thousand seeds, chances are it is meant to be planted in masses. Please keep that in mind when sending some to your fellow gardener.

8a. These are commercial seeds so know that you will not always get a full gw trade amount "25 seeds>. It could be you only get 5 seeds of a perennial geranium because it was purchased with 10 seeds to begin with.

9. I will be posting a separate thread titled Commercial seed swap wish lists only. I ask that you put your seed wish list here for easier matching up for me.

MAILING RULES:

Seeds must reach me by March,1st

Please put in a return mailing label along with your postage for the ride home.

Postage should be what it cost you to send plus a little extra. This can be cash or stamps. I prefer cash because I mail from the Post Office and can pay exact amount due. When I have stamps, I have to put an extra stamp on for .20 cents due. I don't like paying them extra....lol Any excess $$$ will be returned!

I do send seeds from my garden IF they are on your wish list. This is a gift and not counted towards my contribution to the swap.

Seeds will e returned to you no later than March,15th. This allows you time to plant your new bounty!

Lisa

Lisa

This post was edited by ishareflowers on Mon, Jan 6, 14 at 3:09

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2014 commercial seed swap.

would love to join! thanks!

o

Oh goody! I'm in.
Alana

o

• Posted by sjc48 5 Michigan (My Page) on
    Sat, Jan 4, 14 at 18:51

Me too, Me too, Me too!! Love this swap!!
Shirley!

o

I would love to join again. Thanks for hosting.
Jasmine

o

Okay I am probably asking a crazy question but what do you mean by commercial seed? Is it just store bought only?

Tammy

o

Yay! Sign me up.

o

Sun, Jan 5, 14 at 20:12

Tammy, yes, this swap is for store bought seed, no seeds from your gardens. It's a really great swap, Lisa does a superb job at hosting every year. I've always been totally pleased with what I get back. You should join in!
Shirley!

o

That is what I thought but wanted to make sure. Thanks Shirley for answering my question.

Tammy

o

Ok, looks like this month I am gonna be extremely busy.. Swapping!! Lol!

Sign me up!
Tammy

o

Welcome all !

Shirley, Thank you for answering mcc's question.

I have been busy here helping out my Mom, who is going crazy taking care of my Dad who has a heart condition and dimentia (spelling?) While she, at 81 has been stricken with the flu! .

The past couple of days have been busy with toilets in 4 of her bathrooms overflowing!!! Yikes! Yes, digging for septic pumping guy is a real p.i.t.a in New England right now...and cleaning up 4 large baths has been a real treat...lol

Anywho, Enough whinning! On to the fun stuff.

I will email my address to everyone soon.

Lisa

o

Count me in Lisa.

o

Sounds like a fun swap. Please sign me up!

o

I'm in, too, thanks!

o

Lisa...count me in! Thanks much!

Annie

o

Hi Lisa,
I'd love to join again. Thanks!

o

May I join?

o

Hi all, Newbie here, I'm heading into year two with some commercial seeds (maybe 10-12 varieties). Would love to join, but am I too small fry?

I read the notes 2x (need clarification please) ..is there a minimum # of packets/varieties required?
Ex. I have organic greens, beans, chard, cucumber, broccoli, etc. How many seeds should make 1 packet?

Here is a link that might be useful: My seed stash

o

Risingcreek, everyone is welcome to play in this swap!

Leann, There is a limit of 25 packages of vegetable seeds per person. There is no limit on flowers. As far as seed counts go, I am not a veggie gardener so I trust you will put what you think is a fair trade. Oh, and I have had players join with 5 packages of seeds, makes no difference to me!

Welcome to everyone that has joined!

Please drop me a line when you are ready to mail your seeds and I will send you address.

Have a great day!

Lisa

o

I would love to join -- Count me in!

o

I would love to join in. But this is new to me and one question.

1- The seeds I send in - will all be replaced with different seeds?
2- I buy also of asian varieties of vegetables at the asian markets (packaged and imported from asia) or at http://www.evergreenseeds.com. So would these seeds be okay to send in?

Thanks,

Yumi

o

Lisa, is your address same which was last year then I have your address. Thanks

This post was edited by jas_il on Thu, Jan 9, 14 at 18:25

o

I would love to play. How fun! I'm a new gardener and want to try everything so this is a great way to send along some of my excess when I order too much (and to see what neat surprises I get back). Thanks!

o

Hello all, I'm glad to see some new members joining in on the swap! Yumi, I am not a veggie gardener yet(every year I say I am going to but haven't )...lol but I don't see why your seeds shouldn't or wouldn't be allowed, so jump on in! I will be posting a game sometime in the am so check back daily. Lisa.

o

I'm interested. I have bunches of vegetable seeds. To clarify, I'm allowed to send a maximum of 25 veggie packs, but unlimited flower packs right?

smithmal

o

Zoemom, you will get one pack of seeds for every pack that you send in. If you send all veggies, you get all veggies back. If upu send 50/50 veg and flower you get 50/50 back...Its very simple and a lot of fun when your new package arrives with new seeds to try.

o
Smithmal

Smithmal, Yes. That is how the swap works.

Lisa

o

Yea! I'd love to join! Thank you, Lisa.

o

I would love to join this swap.

o

I'll Join again.

o

Welcome All!

Jasmine, I/m sorry. I answered your question through my phona and just realized that it never sent...Yes, I am still at the same address.

leann, I got your email but am unable to respond, your email is blocked....I will answer your questions here. I will accept 25 packets of veggie seeds, not more than 3 of them same veggie. This means if you have 4 types of beans you may send 3 packets of each of the 4 different types of beans. As far as where to purchase flower seeds to start trading with. The local stores will start putting out seed racks soon. I don't accept most of the types sold in those stores for this swap BUT they will fill your flower pots! I do have extra seeds from my garden that I will send you if you enclose extra postage and a note reminding me to send them back to you.

If any other newer gardeners would like some flower seeds to try, drop a note in your envie and I will send you some flower seeds from my garden.

Okay, lets play a little game. This is my internet hangman...lol Please pick 1 letter per day. I will fill in the blanks, you are free to guess the garden quote at any time. The winner will find an extra packet of seeds when they return home.

- - - / - - - - / - - / - - - - - - - - - / - - / - / - - - - / - - - - / - - - - /
- - - - / - - - - - / - - - - .

o

Lisa... I pick "R"! Cool game!

I mailed my commercial seeds to you on Fri. Jan. 10! I would love any extra saved seed from your garden. I'll take any unwanted/extra non-commercial seed. Thank you. :)

o

1 guess, per person, per day.

- - - / - - - - / - - / - - r - - - - - - / - - / - / - - - - / - - - - / - - - - /
- - - - / - - - - r / - - - - .

o

Sat, Jan 11, 14 at 9:15

my guess for the day: T
Shirley!

o

My guess is S.

o

I'll choose N.

o

I'll choose g.

o

I am new to swaps, but would love to join if still possible?

o

Lisa, can I buy a vowel...how about an A?

o

I'll choose the letter 'C' for climbing roses :D

Thank you Lisa! Unless my zinnas volunteer, I am literally flower-less. I love pinks & whites, purples & blues, yellows..lol..is it obvious I have full-on garden fever?
It finally let me add profile info & i activated my email. what a Huge relief finding this swap site is (plant finder one doesn't seem to work).
I excitedly told my hubby I've found the 'gardening underground' which really cracked him up. ")

o

I love your enthusiasm, leeann! :) Welcome!

I'll choose "E", today. Thanks Lisa!

o

Good Morning,

Time to fill in the blanks.

T - E / - - - E / - - / GAR - EN- NG / - S/ A/ SEE- / - NCE
S- - N /T- AT / NE- ER / - - ES.

I will make the next one a lot harder, this one will go quickly!

Lisa

FRESC, everyone is welcome!

o

Gertrude Jekyll, "The love of gardening is a seed that once sown never dies."
You're right, too easy, lol.

o

Please count me in for this trade tyty

o

Okay Smarty pants (ALANA)!

This is my newest order, can you find something here?? If not, I will post some others.

ALYSSUM, APHRODITE SALMON - 500 SEEDS $2.25 1 $2.25
BERGENIA, RED BEAUTY - 50 SEEDS $2.99 1 $2.99
BROCCOLI, NATALINO - 50 SEEDS $1.99 1 $1.99
CAMPANULA, WHITE CHIMNEY BELLFLOWER - 250 SEEDS $2.99 1 $2.99
CANDYTUFT, SNOWFLAKE - 100 SEEDS $2.49 1 $2.49
CARNATION, CHABAUD GIANT ORANGE SHERBETT - 250 SEEDS $2.99 1 $2.99
COLUMBINE, CLEMENTINE SALMON ROSE - 15 SEEDS $3.99 1 $3.99
CYPRESS VINE MIX - 50 SEEDS $1.99 1 $1.99
DIANTHUS, ARCTIC FIRE - 50 SEEDS $1.99 1 $1.99
FIRECRACKER VINE - 30 SEEDS $2.49 1 $2.49
GLOBE THISTLE, BLUE GLOW - 20 SEEDS $2.99 1 $2.99
HELENIUM, HELENA RED SHADES - 50 SEEDS $2.25 1 $2.25
HOLLYHOCK, BLACKBERRY RIPPLE - 20 SEEDS $2.49 1 $2.49
HOLLYHOCK, FRUITY MIX - 20 SEEDS $2.49 1 $2.49
PETUNIA, AFRICAN SUNSET - 10 SEEDS $3.99 1 $3.99
PETUNIA, CANDY PICOTEE VELVET - 30 PELLETED SEEDS $1.99 1 $1.99
PETUNIA, DADDY PEPPERMINT - 50 PELLETED SEEDS $1.99 1 $1.99
PETUNIA, HEAT ELITE MAMBO PURPLE - 30 PELLETED SEEDS $1.99 1 $1.99
PETUNIA, HEAT ELITE MAMBO WHITE - 30 PELLETED SEEDS $1.99 1 $1.99
PETUNIA, PICOBELLA SALMON - 30 PELLETED SEEDS $1.99 1 $1.99
POPPY, FRANCES PERRY MECONOPSIS - 50 SEEDS $2.99 1 $2.99
POPPY, LINGHOLM HYBRID MECONOPSIS - 25 SEEDS $3.49 1 $3.49
ROCK CRESS, CASCADE BLUE - 100 SEEDS $1.99 1 $1.99
TITHONIA, FIESTA DEL SOL - 35 SEEDS $1.99 1 $1.99
VISCARIA, BLUE ANGEL - 1.5 GRAMS $1.99 1 $1.99

Shipped by:

USPS First-Class Package

Cost Total $62.77
Tax Total $0.00
Shipping Total $0.00

Total $62.77

Let me know.

Lisa

o

I'm working on my seed wish list for this swap this morning and trying to get it finished before I leave for the day. Looks like I can mark CHABAUD GIANT
ORANGE SHERBET off the list. I've gone Carnation Crazy the last couple of years.
Thank you! Thank you!
Smartee Pants.

Edited to add photo. I have a few Carnations already, added Orange Ripple last year and it was a beaut.

This post was edited by poisondartfrog on Sun, Jan 12, 14 at 10:27

o

Hi Lisa,
Sign me up! Been looking forward to it all year. Great swap last year. Thanks!
Ann

o

Sheri,

I got your seed package today :)

Lisa

23 6 5

o

Lisa, you are always so generous and lead such great swaps, but, regretfully, I am editing this post to withdraw. Hopefully next year I'll be able to participate. Everyone have fun :)

This post was edited by primrose1x3 on Thu, Jan 16, 14 at 12:08

o

I'm thinking about it Lisa, I have to go through what I have to see if I have enough to join.

If you don't hear back from me then I didn't have enough packs of seeds to feel like I could contribute much :)

:) Aqua

o

Lisa, I just edited my post above at Wed, Jan 15, 14 at 6:19 - wishing you and everyone a great swap

o

I'd love to join the swap. clay_lady

o

Good morning all,

Primrose, I hope everything works out. I'll see you next year!

Clay-lady- Welcome, I sent you an email with my mailing info.

I have peeked at the few wish lists that are posted and already have some matches!

I'm looking forward to the seeds sorting madness, winter is just so boring!!

Lisa

o

I've been going through my seeds and getting my package ready... so excited! Do we need to post our wishlist anywhere special for the swap or are you just looking at our lists on our profiles?

Thanks! This will be so fun.

o

blunder, there is a separate thread in the round robin section for wish list only. Please post your wish thisthere.

o

It's been snowing here in MA. For most of the day. I figured I would start prepping for the swap.....and it begin

o

So organized... I love it! Thanks for posting this pic. How many people have signed-up?

o

Fabulous! What a great system. Was wondering how you organized this swap. Great job!

o

Do we need to send in only seeds that are on someones wishlist?

o

No Suzanne! It would be great if they all were though! The sorting And turn around on a wish list swap(not wlomwl) is about a day! I did a garden genie grant me a wish swap once. The rules were send in off wish lists but you only got what was sent in for you so you could have given 50 and only got back 10 .,....It worked out great and literally took 5 minutes to drop seeds into people bubbler! ANN, it looks great in the beginning with just bags lined up and wish list attached. Lol. I will post then process later. Lisa

o

I'll post how I organize and sort everyones package, for those who want to know while dinner finishes cooking.

I start out making paper bags with each players name and a copy of their wish list...This is done as soon as I have one to print. As each person posts a wish list, I look through and pull any/all seeds that I have in my stash to fit the bill. They are crossed of wish list and written on the bag. This makes it so I can just glance at bags and not have to handle all the little seed packages later when other players send in their seeds.

As each player sends in their packages of seeds, they are opened, counted and recorded how many flower,veggies and postage was enclosed. I then enter them 1 by 1 using the control f button in the wish list thread, this searches lists for me. When I find a match, in the bag of the player that wants it, it goes!! Any seeds that don't match up to a wish list are put into gallon sized zip lock bags alphabetically "for easier searching later>.

When all packages have been received and plugged into the wish list search, I go back to the gallon size baggies. At this point, I have pretty much memorized everyones list..lol
I look at the lists more loosely at this point. I will see that some players have red, orange and yellow flowers or herbs/veggies-any listed and they get dropped into bags.

The next step is where it gets tricky. I take all the bags and count how many wishes are in each bag. If sally sent in 10 packages of seeds and there are 20 seed packets in her bag, I pull all her seeds and recheck the wish lists again for other matches. If I find something on susies wish list that is in sallys bag, it gets put into susies bag...make sense? I try to make it so EVERYONE gets at least some of their wants. However, I am limited to what I have in my own stash and what comes in from others.

I usually have a bunch of seeds left in zip locks at this point because I put in my own seeds in. I take the players bags that have enough postage and drop in extras that I THINK they may like . I usually do a newbie offer with some of the seeds and some I keep for nexts years swap.

They are taken to the post office with money/stamps paper clipped to the bubble envelope. They are weighed, postage put on and any excess put into envelope. then they are sealed and on their way home to you!

Lisa

o

Does everyone have their wish list posted on the other thread? I'm going through my seeds today! ;) I'm going to send-in extra, commercial veggie seeds as a bonus gift.

o

Sherri,

That is a great offer!

There are 24 players in the swap right now, only 11 wish lists are posted to date.

Lisa

o

24 players... that's great!!!

o

I am gonna try to have my seeds to you by the end of this week and I am working on my wish lists. I am in several swaps an did quite a few trades so I am waiting on them. I plan to spend some time today working on lists.

Tammy

o

Hi, My seeds are ready to send, but I didn't receive your address yet. Thanks clay_lady

o

Can I join?

o

Welcome Nightowl, Everyone is welcome to join in...I will email my addy to you.

How about another game?

Again, a garden quote. One letter guess per person, per day. Feel free to guess the quote at any time!

- y / t- - / t- - - / on - / - s / - - - - ty,/ - t / - s /s- - - ,/ t - - r - / - s / no / - - n - - r / - / t - - / of / - - r / - n / t - - / g - r - - n / - - t - / t - - / - - y / f- o- - rs / - - - - - - - / - - - - / - - - / - - - - nst / t- - / - - - - - s / of / t - - / ot - - r / - ont- s /. - - - / - s/ - t / - - st/ - t / - - - - nc - / - n - / - - - / - s / s - r - n - /. t - - / g - r - - n - r / - s/ - s - - - - y/ - - - - / of / co - rs -.

Guess away!

Lisa

This post was edited by ishareflowers on Thu, Jan 23, 14 at 3:18

o

I guess C :)

o

N is my guess.

o

I guess S again.

o

How 'bout T?

o

I'll choose F.

o

Please add me to the swap! Love the game idea, by the way. Can I have an "R" ?

o

Your pic made me so excited that I got up off my butt in this -3 degree weather and mailed my seeds today!

o

Wed, Jan 22, 14 at 20:11

I'll guess "y"!

o

o is my guess!

o

I edited the game and put in the chosen letters. I have been up since 2am. Going through my own seeds for people packages and looking forward to packages coming in :)

o

And I thought that I was collecting too many seeds - I have about half that.

Thanks for the game - and another work distraction :P

By the time one is eighty, it is said, there is no longer a tug of war in the garden with the May flowers hauling like mad against the claims of the other months. All is at last in balance and all is serene. The gardener is usually dead, of course. ~Henry Mitchell, The Essential Earthman, 1981

o

Nightowls, do you have a wish list posted somewhere?? I will pick a seed prize to add to your package.

Lisa

o

Count me in!

Where do I send my packets?

Sooo looking forward to this!!!
pricklypearfect@gmail.com

o

Lisa,
I mailed my seed package today.

o

Nightowl, I have to ask, how in the world did you guess that quote so quickly?

Sherri, I got your seeds in yesterday. Thank you so much for the daylily! It will look great in my corner garden!!!

Atravers, your package is here safe and sound.

We have 27 players so far...

I have received seeds from:

pan handle
atravers

Fresc and crystalline, I'll watch for your packages.

Lisa

o

I mailed off mine today.

o

I got 2 nice packages in the mail today...

Alana and crystalline, you are both lucky ladies, your packages made the trip here free.They didn't cancel your stamps!!!

Alana, this happened to you last year too...lol

Lisa

o

Hi Lisa, I used www.scrabblefinder.com to figure out some words and once I had a string of them - that made sense - I goggled it. On my own, I am terrible at word games.

o

I got 3 more packages of seeds yesterday..

fresc1000
roper
claylady

The packages are coming in quickly.

Lisa

o

Zoemom, your seeds are here :)

o

I feel like I'm missing something--we have 27 players, right? I just posted my wish list, so that makes 17 wishlists posted now. I'm trying to wait for everyone to post a list before sending my package in, but... am I not supposed to...?

o

Loves blooms, there is no need for you to wait for wish lists, this is not a wish list swap. The seeds you send should be your extras, I ask for a wish list so I can TRY and match others extras to others wants.

o

Loves blooms, there is no need for you to wait for wish lists, this is not a wish list swap. The seeds you send should be your extras, I ask for a wish list so I can TRY and match others extras to others wants.

o

Ohhhhh, YAY! I mean, wow, you have a lot of work cut out for you, lol! But soooo much easier for the rest of us. Thank you, Lisa. I'll be getting mine together tout de suite--just need your address.

o

Thank you for doing all this; I am SO excited!!!

o

Getting my seeds packed up today... But I have a question. What about herb seeds? Can we send those in and if so are they considered a flower or a veggie?

o

Thanks, I was wondering the same thing 😸

o

I put herbs/veg into the same categories. Lisa

o

Hi, Lisa - I did not see a cut-off date for joining this swap. Is there still time to join, as long as I get my seeds out in time? Please let me know - and no worries if it is too late; I'll just jump in next year.

Thanks,

Kim (drippy)

o

can i join

o

Hello,

I have been playing with seeds a bit "my own stash>. I have pulled seeds for every person that has a wish list posted..

I'm going to ask that everyone have a wish list posted by the 14th of February. This will allow me time to go through my seeds before ALL the seed packages come in.

Drippy, I sent you an email. There is plenty of time to join

I got a box of seeds from Naturegirl, some will be used as extras "per her request>. If you get a package of mixed anything from your wish list, it was a gift from her! She also sent in lots of veg seeds to be shared.

Lisa

Lisa

o

Hi Lisa!

Where do we post our 'wish list' at? Mailing my package tomorrow morning, thank you for hosting!

o

• Posted by cghpnd 7 / N.Virginia (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 2, 14 at 14:31

I would love to join this swap!
I waited to join because I wasn't sure if all of my seed orders would be here in time.

=]

o

Hi Pinkiris, There is a separate thread in the round robin section for commercial seed swap-wish lists only...it's about 5 down from this one.

welcome cghpnds..when you are ready to mail your seeds drop me a line and I will send you my addy.

Lisa

o

Found it and posted my list. Thank you Lisa!

o

Hi, Lisa - I just got socked with another project, so am not going to have time to do this after all - sigh. Maybe next year! You're such a good sport to keep running this!

o

Mon, Feb 3, 14 at 17:10

Lisa, my seeds were mailed out today!
Shirley!

o

Mon, Feb 3, 14 at 17:12

Lisa, my seeds were mailed out today!
Shirley!

o

Hello,

I thought I would pop on and mention that if you add any seeds to your wants list please let me know so that I can print a new one!

Drippy, Sorry to hear that you can't join us!

Shirley, it's not a big deal, you have plenty of time.

Lisa

o

Hi, Lisa,

I did add a couple of items a few days after I posted my wish list--sorry. I forgot you print out lists too.

o

I was just checking some more of my seeds against wish lists. I buy and traded for comm. Veg seeds BUT I know nothing about them. I see that some people are writing things like for containers or indoor growing....please if you have a moment add in some specific names of ones you may like.Clay lady, I opened your package of seeds, there are flower mixes and .89 cent packages. These are not allowed in the swap. I'm sorry, you must have missed that in the rules. I will return them with your package. Lisa

o

I added one thing (Akebia quinata) to my list.

o

Hi, Lisa,

Sorry about the unclear lists! I went in and updated to be a bit more specific and added blue sweet woodruff and linaria to my list.

Thanks

This post was edited by lovesblooms on Wed, Feb 5, 14 at 17:31

o

Hi Lisa -- I will be mailing my (25) vegetable seed packets in tomorrow's mail. Thanks for hosting this swap!

o

Loves blooms, no need to apologize. I'm sorry I don't know veggies better. Foreverrecycle, I will post when it arrives. I have sorted all the seeds I can, the seeds on the bed are seeds that were sent in that have not found homes yet :( Lisa

o

So organized... I just love it! Really good job, Lisa. :)

o

SJC, I got your seed package today...Thank you for the 7 packets of donated veg seeds. I'll try and send you a few flower packets from my personal stash!

Pan_handle, Did you receive our trade? I should mention to the group that Sherri was going to donate about 20 packets of veg. seeds. We worked out a side trade, my flowers for her veg seeds, so I have a larger stash of veg seeds. I just wanted to mention it so people in the swap don't think I am playing games with other peoples seeds!

Lisa

o

Lisa, sent my package in yesterday.

o

Hello Can I join. Will work on it tommorrow ????Susan

o

Welcome Sky, email for an address when you are ready to send your package.

Lisa

o

Good morning All,

I got two packages of seeds in yesterdays mail.

Hibiscusfan- Thank you for the extra veggie seeds, I will spread them out to those who sent extra postage. I'm sorry but several of your flower packets are mixes and cannot be accepted. I will send them back in your return envelope. Thank you for offering to keep the change.lol, but it will be returned with your package.

foreverrecycle- nice job packing your seeds! I did the same this year with most of my own but I only printed the back for the date and growing instructions.

I have been checking the wish list thread and see that many of you have not posted a wish list. It is not a requirement BUT without one, I have no idea what to send. I can try and wing it with a flower person based on what they sent in but don't know enough about veggies to feel comfortable doing that.

Let's play a game.

How about we try and guess how many seed packets have come in to swap so far...

One guess per person, per day. The prize will be seeds of course.

Lisa

o

I'll guess 349 packs, Lisa. :)

I think I added a couple veggies to my "want list". I'm going to look it over again this morning. Thank you!

o

I would like to join in!

o

I'm going to tweak my wish list a little shortly, just because.
A

o

I guess 247.

o

I guess 501 packs.

o

I'll guess 850

o

My guess is 277

o

Tue, Feb 11, 14 at 15:26

my guess is 737!

o

I guess 927 packs.

o

Welcome Billings,

Email me for an address when you are ready to mail out your package :)

Lisa

o

I'll guess 1050... or thereabouts.

Um, I also updated my wish list (it's outside influence, I assure you!). But I actually took some things off (not that I mind receiving them, but they're not a priority and I have only a limited number of flower seeds to send in). I added petunias.

Just trying to be practical--as difficult as that is!

This post was edited by lovesblooms on Tue, Feb 11, 14 at 20:23

o

How 'bout 382?

o

My guess is 450

I have mailed my seeds today.

o

My seeds are in the mail.

My guess is 715

Tammy

o

I'll guess 777; in the interest of good luck.

o

Today, I'll guess 475.

Is it like The Price Is Right, where the closest under (not over) wins? Fun game. :)

o

Believe it or not, 777 was going to be my (lucky) guess!

This post was edited by jaynine on Wed, Feb 12, 14 at 8:57

o

I'm looking for the exact number! I'm not playing around here...haha

This is round 1 of the game. The winner will hopefully get a packet of seeds from their WISH list!

I will then extend the game out a bit by adding in my own seeds for a total count. I am only counting seeds that have been sent in at this point. This will be another prize.

Lisa

I

o

Wed, Feb 12, 14 at 8:01

How about 832?

o

I guess 739 today.

o

My guess today is 1021.

o

I haven't seen the correct number yet, close but not yet...Keep guessing! I will say that it is under 500!

Shirley, I got your postage $$ yesterday. Thank you.

There are a few people that jined the swap that I have not heard from since joining. Please if you see your name below and you are still joining in, post here.

helenb
katsgarden
mamaof2
paperfinch
smithmal
risingcreek

Thanks,
Lisa

o

Im guessing 412

Jayeanne

o

I guess 461 today.

o

hmm, under 500 she says.. ok, my guess would be 499 !

o

My guess is 351.

o

My guess is 312.

o

Todays guess shall be 442.

o

• Posted by cghpnd 7 / N.Virginia (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 12, 14 at 21:33

hmmm...maybe 327....

o

119 seed packets

o

402 packets

o

352 is today's guess. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here