Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowersareforme

NEW: Valentine Garden Swap ~~New

flowersareforme
14 years ago

I am going to host a Valentine Garden Swap

Signup's are taken here then email me right away to be entered your Gw Name,address,and email address and likes and dislikes.Examples I will post mine.

We will send garden related item's, chocolate,or candy for Valentines Day.A card,home made is fine,as long it is pretty.Any new -not old seeds with red,and white colors or if someone has requests you want to fill that will be great!This is sent in time for Valentine's day Feb 14th.

we will all ship same time Feb 8th.feb 14th comes on a Sunday so make sure they get it on saturday the 13th.Shipping is priorty I dont expect you to mail your parter a flat rate huge box that is totally up to you but small priorty 5-7 is fine with a dc posted here sent Feb 8th.Thank for joining I will post my likes and dislikes now.and will shut this off at 40 names.or even amount to be fair.I will have my husband draw a name and send you your partners name and info.Please do not post your parter's name here,let it be a surprise.Thanks.

Flowersareforme:

Likes chocolate-penut butter cups,and truffles.

hazelnut coffee,lavender candles,cream,can use new garden gloves,post a note's.book of paper.angel's and gnomes for a garden,and garden sign's.I need anything on my seed list.

I have peirced ears.my kitchen is country.my bedroom is sage.I am into herb's,fruits.and herbal products.

I dislike hard candy,and fragrant cinnamon candle.dont use decaf coffee.I cant use anything for zone 5 and up.

I am not into brug's,tropical,etc.

Ok let the swap begin there will be a even amount limit.Thank you!

Comments (82)

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I am waiting till I get my buddy so I can go by the want list.so I will shop then.This closes tomorrow at 12 pm and names will be drawn any more joining you have 1 day left
    we do need equal amounts if you join thanks

• crisann
    14 years ago

Yippee -- can't wait til we find out who are partners are so I can get my box ready!! Today I was out shopping and found some flower seeds that I have been trying to find for a long time -- can't believe it!! Must be my lucky day!!

Have a great day!
    crisann

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Update to all who are in the swap or may join...
    The close of the swap I changed the time,to 7 am on the 29th of Jan.(tommorrow)
    Reason being is I have to be gone all day.And I will be in location to do my shopping.Instead of returning to save gas.
    So if there are any more takers-lurkers you have time to join.

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

offically closed thanks to all who joined doing names now will email you /your name and info please mail feb 8th priorty mail with dc.and post dc here thanks

• smitties
    14 years ago

Got my name and the box is in preparation. Thanks

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey guys I emailed you please let me know you got the emails please I messed upthis morning i had to much on my plate with work,trying to do this,study and i made a cpl error's so here is the list please let me know if i made any more mistakes I didnt have my eyes quite open.
    Flowers-crisann-all set
    Noni-JMT
    Smitties-purpleacres-Thanks i got your email-all set
    Purpleaces-flowers-she emailed
    Bigmama-hyenas
    crisann-bigmama
    hyenas-noni
    Jmt-smitties
    I didnt want to post this -but didnt want errors so please let me know thank you to all of you I have a new swap going!

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

update -i had day off so I wanted to update I heard from these people they got there buddy info we are sending the 8th of feb priorty dc posted here

Flowers-crisann-all set
    Noni-JMT set
    Smitties-purpleacres-Thanks i got your email-all set
    Purpleaces-flowers-she emailed
    Bigmama-hyenas -havent heard from???
    crisann-bigmama -all set
    hyenas-noni -all set
    Jmt-smitties -havent heard from???

• jmt2213
    14 years ago

Just sent you an email. I am set.

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

update -sending 8th of feb priorty dc posted here
    Flowers-crisann-all set
    Noni-JMT set
    Smitties-purpleacres-l-all set
    Purpleaces-flowers-all set
    Bigmama-hyenas -all set
    crisann-bigmama -all set
    hyenas-noni -all set
    Jmt-smitties -all set
    Thanks to all who have joined.Please post dc on feb 8th Thanks and share what each of you got

• smitties
    14 years ago

My box is wrapped, packed, addressed and ready to go. I am going to send it tomorrow since I have to be in town anyway and work on Monday. I have some stuff that was supposed to go out today but the weather was so bad, I did not venture out so that has to go out tomorrow as well.

I hope Tracy enjoys everything. I will post the DC on the 8th.

THINK SPRING! Margo

• purpleacres
    14 years ago

Howdee

I sent yesterday and as soon as I find that itty bitty paper steve at the post office. You know its bad when the post master knows you by name for all the seeds you send out. Mailed 42 mailers yesterday when I send my box for this swap.

Acres

• noni5394
    14 years ago

Hi all... Are you as excited as I am? I just finished packing my box and it's ready to take to the post office in the morning. What a nice way to make some happiness in our lives. A Big Thank-you to our host for putting this together for us. NICE! Deb

• crisann
    14 years ago

I took my box to a PO today -- have to work all day tomorrow.
    bigmamma, hope you enjoy everything!! -- here is the dc:
    Thanks so much, flowersareforme, for hosting!!

Have a great day!
    crisann

• smitties
    14 years ago

The box is on the way. DC 0308 0660 0000 8897 4625

Acres, hope you enjoy it. Margo

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here is list that sent
    purpleacres-need dc when you find it
    Nori -dc-when you send
    crisann 03092880000078398900
    smitties-0308 0660 0000 8897 4625

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here is list
    flowers-9101010521297762129331
    purpleacres-need dc when you find it
    Nori -dc-when you send

• noni5394
    14 years ago

The box is on it's way!!!! DC is: 03090330000232684456

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here is list
    purpleacres-all set I rec.
    Nori -03090330000232684456

wow that was fast LOL I already got mine today -I sent and received.I got from Tracy a hair scrunchy,lavender food scrub-ummm good lavender glycerin soap,gardeners soap,
    magnolia chamomile soap,reeses peanut butter heart candy,yummo.hand crocheted face cloth,a hand crocheted soap thingy for soap,2 nice dish clothes i love handmade items.
    seeds-pumpkin,basil,radish,tomato,cantelope,peppermint,lettuce,broccoli,lettuce.Thank you purpleacre's-tracy for my lovely presents,I will cherish them all.

• hyenas
    14 years ago

hyenas- 03010120000967002054

Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Gardening!

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here is list

Need to hear from these people

Bigmama-hyenas
    Jmt-smitties

• jmt2213
    14 years ago

Delivery Confirmation: 420 43402 9405 5036 9930 0136 4227 82

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here is list
    Jmt-420 43402 9405 5036 9930 0136 4227 82

Need to hear from these people

Bigmama-hyenas

• crisann
    14 years ago

Wow -- I am so excited!! -- This is so much fun, can't wait to see what everyone gets in their boxes!

:)
    Crisann

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Only person who has not posted is bigmama.I emailed her day we got our person it took a day to write back.She said she got it.
    Today emailed have not heard from her.I am sure will post shortly.She new we had to have them delivered before valentine's day! Please post when you all get your boxes.

• purpleacres
    14 years ago

awesome to hear you recieved the box and happy to hear you are happy with what I sent.

Acres

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey everyone I still Have not heard from Bigmama,
    I emailed day of swap,nothing,I emailed again nothing.

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I am going to get a box together today for hyenas ,
    sorry I didnt shop for you.But I didnt want you to miss out in the swap.I will do my best.I havent heard from bigmama wrote a few times.I am very discourged with that.I would like everything to go ok in a swap so it would be fair for everyone.I am so sorry if this is late.I am going to see what I can put together and get this out.Bigmama if you see this please post.

• smitties
    14 years ago

Oh dear, I just tried tracking my package to acres to see where it is and apparently I put a wrong number in there. I am going to go find the DC to see what I did wrong and will post the right one later. Sorry about that.

Margo

• jmt2213
    14 years ago

I just got my box from Noni; it is a giant postal box overflowing...Deb - you are so generous!

She included:

a gnome climbing a latter that hooks on to the side of a planter. I love him!

Tons of seeds, enough to seed a whole garden

Gardening gloves

Beaded keychain

Kitchen towel set with potholders

Lots of chocolates... whole bag of ghirardelli, yum

Thank you so much! I love it all! What a wonderful way to celebrate Valentines day.

Lets do it again next year!

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Margo I am sure you find the right numbers.
    Jmt-I am glad you got a wonderful box.That is so good to hear!
    I can't wait to see what each of you get it is to exciting!

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good Morning Cant wait to see what you all got
    sent this to:

Briel-hynea's this morning I hope you enjoy what I got for you on such short notice.I know you had hestite about joining But dont let this stop you from joining my next I will send to you personaly
    Tracking #: 9101010521297760337608

• noni5394
    14 years ago

I just got a wonderful package from Briel (hyenas). She sent me lovely gifts, that she made... and that I love. Included were a beautiful beaded braclet, a corn husk doll, a mini basket, a table cloth(with hand stitched hearts on it) AND a lovely mini tea cup and saucer from her niece, Jena. A hand made valentine card with a bag of lavender seeds ( one of my favorites, by the way). All was lovingly put together and made a really nice Valentines surprise for me... So Nice!! A big Thank-you!! deb

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

wtg deb congrats on getting a lovely box.Awesome love to see people happy!

• crisann
    14 years ago

Hi,

Looks like the boxes are arriving -- I recieved mine today from our host, flowersareforme. Wow ~~ it contained:

~~ gardening gloves -- can always use new gloves!
    ~~ hershey's kisses -- yummy
    ~~ seed baggies -- perfect, just used my last one the other day
    ~~ a heart shaped wind twister -- cute!
    ~~ craft sticks -- I think they will make colorful plant labels -- if I can keep them away from my BF's daughter!
    ~~ 3 packs of stickers -- I heart scrapbooking!!
    ~~ a "green" memo pad -- very cool
    ~~ jar of calendula salve -- can't wait to try it!
    ~~ LOTS of seeds -- wow
    ~~ and a very nice card!!

everything was all wrapped up and covered with stickers and hearts! :)

I had a tough day today -- my grandma recently was diagnosed with breast cancer -- today we met with the cancer doctor to discuss the chemo and radiation, she'll start chemo next week. Then to top it off, it had to start snowing -- so I drove the 45 miles home on slippery, slushy roads -- uuuggh, so tired of snow.

Anyway -- after such a trying day, I ABSOLUTELY LOVED coming home and finding my valentine's package in the mailbox -- it was just the "pick me up" I needed!!

I can't thank you enough, Robin(flowersareforme), for your lovely gifts and your generosity!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

Hope you all have a great evening!!
    Crystal (crisann)

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Crystal I am so sorry to hear about your Gram,I pray that things go well for her! I also pray for the peace for you.I am glad you enjoyed it.

• smitties
    14 years ago

My number is correct. It just wasn't showing up for some reason. I don't know if the weather held it up or what. It is definitely on the way.

Crystal, I hope everything works out for your grandmother. I know this is a trying time so be sure to take care of yourself. Margo

• crisann
    14 years ago

Wow, Thanks! Everyone on gardenweb is so caring! I really appreciate it! My Grandma is 75, still works part-time and is a very active, strong woman. She is also very strong willed ~~ she says she will beat this cancer ~~ and I believe her!! Thanks for your kind thoughts and prayers!

Crystal

• smitties
    14 years ago

My box came yesterday. I unfortunately am out of town so will open it tomorrow, can't wait and will let you all know what I got tomorrow.

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good Morning Gardener's Happy Valentine's Day
    I wont be home today,or late tomorrow so I wanted to say if I didn't post that would be why.
    Me and my husband have plans so i wanted to check in with you.
    Here is update.
    Flowers-Rec
    Noni-Rec
    Smitties- Rec
    Purpleaces-Did you rec?
    Bigmama-????Hasnt responded
    crisann-Rec
    hyenas-May be late-I sent for Bigmama
    Jmt-Rec

• smitties
    14 years ago

So, I was commenting to my husband about why the heck the box had not arrived and when all was said and done, he tells me he did not send it priority. I am so sorry if the package did not arrive in time today. I will use parcel post if the packages I send are not time constricted and not so far away. A trip across the country should have meant priority. The DC number has not updated since the 11th so not sure where the box really is. I mailed it last Sunday and even PP would possibly get it there today but with the assortment of weather the country has been getting, my guess it will be late.

I hope the box is worth the wait. Next time, I will take it. Margo

• crisann
    14 years ago

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!
    Crystal

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Only ones I have not heard got theres are:
    Margo-smitties what did you get
    Purpleacres?
    Bigmama?
    hyenas?
    I know Hyena's was late I sent for bigmama cause I didnt hear from her,Hopefully will come in todays mail.

• smitties
    14 years ago

Sorry I didn't post the contents of my box sooner. It was one of those weekends.

In my box from Jenny, I found
    A dark chocolate candybar, the kind with chilis in it
    Baileys chocolate candies
    Flower shaped photo frame magnet
    Pomegranate hand lotion, smells yummy
    A wooden knic knack with the word "garden"
    A hand made dish rag which she explained she knits with her grandmother. My dil has made a few of these for me and they are great. She has told me they make great face cloths too so I am going to use this for that purpose so it can be just for me. :)
    A neat magnetic bookmark which is going to be quite handy.
    Homemade seed envelopes with pretty little paper clips attached to each one along with a pretty pen.
    Several great packages of seeds.

Thank you Jenny for the great box of goodies. I am enjoying candy as I type.

Purpleacres has not posted because she hasn't received her box yet. I hang my head in shame and keep kicking myself in the butt for not taking care of shipping it myself since it was so time sensitive. I am truly sorry it was not there on time. Since there is no mail delivery today, she should have it tomorrow.

Margo

• hyenas
    14 years ago

Yesterday was a holiday but I got my packages today! That's right, lucky me I got two! :)

A lovely box from our host with some wonderful lavender soap, salve, COOKIES and other goodies. :)

And a box from bigmama FULL of succulents. :)

She says that her computer has a virus and she can't get online. She says to thank Crystal for the lights, they were just what she needed and thanks to flowersareforme for setting up the exchange.

I also got a thank you card from Deb. Very sweet and I can't tell you how thrilled Jena was to get her own letter!

This was a great swap, and it all because of awesome gardenweb members!

*HUGS*

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Great Hyenas glad it all turned out for you.I am so glad you got them.And because you had to wait you where blessed with two.
    Smitties it sounds like you had a nice box I am glad.
    I am waiting now to find out about Purpleacres.
    to see what she got.

• purpleacres
    14 years ago

No box yet but there is always tomorrow.

Acres

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I am sorry you had to wait this long for your box.in these swaps we have to try to send priorty.And keep up with emails. or contact player.I am glad that everyone else did ok.I hope it comes tomorrow purple.

• smitties
    14 years ago

The DC says the package has been delivered. Again I apologize for the late delivery.

• purpleacres
    14 years ago

got my box today and well worth the wait. I got tons and tons of stuff in this box and it was all wrapped I felt like it was my birthday.

I got

a pair of gardnen gloves
    a pair of heart socks
    a air freshener
    a wind sock
    flower note cards
    a pile of veggie seeds
    miracle grow singles
    little zip locks
    a pen
    a bag of carmels (yummy)
    the cutest tin of cinnamon candies
    a chocolate heart ( hubby will love that)
    and a cute hand made bracelet with hearts on it.

Thanks much Margo it was a great thing on really busy day.

Happy gardening

Acres

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

awesome wtg purpleacres.
    Thanks everyone -I am glad everyone got there box are are Happy Garden People...My other swap is open.But this one has to say Bye,,,,:)
    Thank you players.Margo i sent you a email about the Ymca,And told you dont worry about it,Thanks happen everyone makes mistake's.I am real Happy This went well.And you should all check out My Spring Swap,I might do one more for April.And then it will be it as I will be busy with work.But again in the fall/winter to get threw those months of waiting to get outside,Helps the time go threw faster.Spring is coming everyone! Yahooooooooooo