Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW: Valentine Garden Swap ~~New

Posted by flowersareforme Zone 3 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 10, 10 at 12:42

I am going to host a Valentine Garden Swap
Signup's are taken here then email me right away to be entered your Gw Name,address,and email address and likes and dislikes.Examples I will post mine.
We will send garden related item's, chocolate,or candy for Valentines Day.A card,home made is fine,as long it is pretty.Any new -not old seeds with red,and white colors or if someone has requests you want to fill that will be great!This is sent in time for Valentine's day Feb 14th.
we will all ship same time Feb 8th.feb 14th comes on a Sunday so make sure they get it on saturday the 13th.Shipping is priorty I dont expect you to mail your parter a flat rate huge box that is totally up to you but small priorty 5-7 is fine with a dc posted here sent Feb 8th.Thank for joining I will post my likes and dislikes now.and will shut this off at 40 names.or even amount to be fair.I will have my husband draw a name and send you your partners name and info.Please do not post your parter's name here,let it be a surprise.Thanks.

Flowersareforme:
Likes chocolate-penut butter cups,and truffles.
hazelnut coffee,lavender candles,cream,can use new garden gloves,post a note's.book of paper.angel's and gnomes for a garden,and garden sign's.I need anything on my seed list.
I have peirced ears.my kitchen is country.my bedroom is sage.I am into herb's,fruits.and herbal products.
I dislike hard candy,and fragrant cinnamon candle.dont use decaf coffee.I cant use anything for zone 5 and up.
I am not into brug's,tropical,etc.

Ok let the swap begin there will be a even amount limit.Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: Valentine Garden Swap ~~New

Right now, I am lurking. I am surprised there isn't a whole lot of sign ups on this one.

o

Howdee

Im lurking if ya get enough people Im in

Acres

o

I'm Lurking too, sounds like fun!!

Flowersareforme, I don't see a cut off date for signing up, did I miss it???

Hugs, Carmen

o

Hi there carmen I did not post a cut of date But I am now posting jan 29 2010.so we have time to get gifts and get them mailed by feb 8th,2010.
hey you lurks come join maybe if you do someone else might join.come on gardeners.we dont have to spend alot of money.and we can ship small priorty.wouldnt you like to receive a package just in time for valentine's day?and with seeds,plant related items?

o

Yep!!!! I want In
I just received a small box from another swap and it was so much fun. And it was even more fun to figure out how much I could fit in this little box to send someone else.
So Lurkers don't don't miss out!!!!
Hugs Carmen

o

Carmen send me your info as stated above. thank you for joining we now have 2.anymore takers?

o

flowersareforme, I sent an email let me know if you didn't get it.

have a good night all,
Hugs Carmen

o

Hello, This sounds fun!! Am I too late? Please count me in. Thanks, in advance, Deb

o

Welcome Deb, This will be fun and you are not late.
The cut of date is the 29th according to miss flowersareforme. come in and take a seat it's gonna be a great run.

HUgs, Carmen

o

Right Now I have down
Flowersareforme-host
Gardencraze
Noni5394

there is still time for signup come on in lurkers.

o

Seems I am done lurking and ready to commit. Put me on the list. Thanks Margo

o

YAY Margooo!!! so glad you you jumped in
It's gonna be a fun swap
Hugs Carmen

o

We welcome smitties in our valentine swap thanks for joining got your information.
Right Now I have down
Flowersareforme-host
Gardencraze
Noni5394
smitties
there is still time for signup come on in lurkers

o

lurking for now:)

Denise

o

Lurking for now, too. :)

Kathy

o

Howdee

Im in email me info please.

Acres

o

Welcme purple acres!!!!
Denise come on don't be shy you have alot to offer so go ahead Make my day. (Or shal I say my evening)

Hi Kathy!!:o) Would love to have in the pool.

Hugs Carmen

o

i would like to join, will post later..

o

We welcome purple acres in our valentine swap thanks for joining got your information. big mama send me your info please will add you.
Right Now I have down
Flowersareforme-host
Gardencraze
Noni5394
smitties
purple acres

this closes in 9 days I will draw names out of a hat
then will email each of you your parters name and infomation

o

Good evening everyone
Flowersareforme, I'm sorry I'm going to have to get out of the swap.
I really hate to get out but I 'm putting together a big big box for HAITI and I'm realizing that I can't do both.

If any body wants to send a box directly to Haiti Here are some urgent needed things.

bandaids
alcohol pads
all kinds of tape
tylanol
benedril
motrin
vitamins
Gaouze
neosporin
betadine
Anything like you would keep in your meds cabinet.
If anyone is interested in helping I have An adress

Mail supplies to:
Love A Child, Inc.
Attn: Mike Essman Haiti Earthquake Medical Donation
9304 Camden Field Parkway
Riverview, FL 33578-0520

I have A full list of needs, email me.The need is to great to ignore
Hugs,Carmen

PS this is a wonderful group to go with

o

Carmen-What a great idea. I didn't know what to send but thought cash would be utilized to buy what was needed. So I donated cash a couple of days ago. I would hope everyone would take the oportunity to donate if they are able:) The people of Haiti are in a desperate situation and need all the help they can get.

Denise

o

Gardencraze we are sorry to see you go I do understand I am to sending donations to haiti.
Here is our updated list right now
e welcome purple acres in our valentine swap thanks for joining got your information. big mama send me your info please will add you.
Right Now I have down
Flowersareforme-host
Noni5394
smitties
purple acres
this closes in 6 days. Big mama I don't have your information as of yet!Also we we don't have 20 or more to join I will have to cancel the swap so please join us thank you

o

Hi,

I would like to join the fun ~ will send you an email soon!
A valentine's package sounds wonderful ~ I can't wait!

crisann

o

flowersareforme,

I just sent you my info. :)

Thanks,
crisann

o

Picked up a few more surprises for this months exchanges. Once I get a name, I will create the box just for them.

Glad to see an additional member joining. I hope we can get a few more to join up. If not, we will still have fun.

Weather here was warmer today but sprinkles fell on and off and the air is damp. Mud everywhere and it is so ugly. I can't wait til the spring flowers begin to bloom. I have different varieties that will bloom in progression through the spring into the summer. Can't wait.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, Margo

o

This sounds neat, I'm in! Sending info...

o

we welcome bigmama,crisann, hyenas in our valentine swap thanks for joining got your information.
Right Now I have down
Flowersareforme-host
Noni5394
smitties
purple acres
bigmama
crisann
hyenas
we have 7 people come on you lurkers at least lets have a even number guys,gals.fellow gardeners....LOL
there is still time for signup's come on in...
this closes in 5 days. At 12:00 pm.Then I will draw names.I will send each of you your person this has to be bought for /made etc.. and sent out on feb 8th.So each valentine will have time to get there box.Priorty mail dc and posted here thanks to all of you for making this a fun swap ...now come on every one that is lurking

o

Hi
Glad to see a couple more have signed up ~~ I can hardly wait -- this should be so much fun!! I have already picked up some things that I think will be perfect to send.
flowersareforme ~ I picked up some boxes today at the PO --there is a small priority that is about 9" x 6" x 2" -- or there is a small flat rate that is about 8.5 x 5 x 1.75 - were either of these what you were suggesting for the swap?

Hope some more of the "Lurkers" get signed up ~~ the more the merrier!!

Crisann

o

OK sign me up!

o

Yeah, the list is growing. Come on and join all you lurkers, you know you want to.

Cold and windy here today. We are having flurries but the snow just blows around and doesn't cover up the ugly mud. It is supposed to get even colder this weekend. Hurry up spring.

o

Good morning gardener's I have been offline a cpl days with work I am back checking in.
we welcome in our valentine swap thanks for joining got your information.
Right Now I have down
Flowersareforme-host
Noni5394
smitties
purple acres
bigmama
crisann
hyenas
JMT2213
we have 8 people come on you lurkers at least lets have a even number guys,gals.fellow gardeners....LOL
there is still time for signup's come on in...
this closes in 2 days. At 12:00 pm.Then I will draw names.I will send each of you your person this has to be bought or /made etc.. and sent out on feb 8th.So each valentine will have time to get there box.Priorty mail dc and posted here thanks to all of you for making this a fun swap ...now come on every one that is lurking

o

My box is packed and ready to go! Can't wait! It will be so exciting to get a gift for Valentines day. I found quite a few white/pink/red flowers to fit in with the valentines theme.

o

I am waiting till I get my buddy so I can go by the want list.so I will shop then.This closes tomorrow at 12 pm and names will be drawn any more joining you have 1 day left
we do need equal amounts if you join thanks

o

Yippee -- can't wait til we find out who are partners are so I can get my box ready!! Today I was out shopping and found some flower seeds that I have been trying to find for a long time -- can't believe it!! Must be my lucky day!!

Have a great day!
crisann

o

Update to all who are in the swap or may join...
The close of the swap I changed the time,to 7 am on the 29th of Jan.(tommorrow)
Reason being is I have to be gone all day.And I will be in location to do my shopping.Instead of returning to save gas.
So if there are any more takers-lurkers you have time to join.

o

offically closed thanks to all who joined doing names now will email you /your name and info please mail feb 8th priorty mail with dc.and post dc here thanks

o

Got my name and the box is in preparation. Thanks

o

Hey guys I emailed you please let me know you got the emails please I messed upthis morning i had to much on my plate with work,trying to do this,study and i made a cpl error's so here is the list please let me know if i made any more mistakes I didnt have my eyes quite open.
Flowers-crisann-all set
Noni-JMT
Smitties-purpleacres-Thanks i got your email-all set
Purpleaces-flowers-she emailed
Bigmama-hyenas
crisann-bigmama
hyenas-noni
Jmt-smitties
I didnt want to post this -but didnt want errors so please let me know thank you to all of you I have a new swap going!

o

update -i had day off so I wanted to update I heard from these people they got there buddy info we are sending the 8th of feb priorty dc posted here

Flowers-crisann-all set
Noni-JMT set
Smitties-purpleacres-Thanks i got your email-all set
Purpleaces-flowers-she emailed
Bigmama-hyenas -havent heard from???
crisann-bigmama -all set
hyenas-noni -all set
Jmt-smitties -havent heard from???

o

Just sent you an email. I am set.

o

update -sending 8th of feb priorty dc posted here
Flowers-crisann-all set
Noni-JMT set
Smitties-purpleacres-l-all set
Purpleaces-flowers-all set
Bigmama-hyenas -all set
crisann-bigmama -all set
hyenas-noni -all set
Jmt-smitties -all set
Thanks to all who have joined.Please post dc on feb 8th Thanks and share what each of you got

o

My box is wrapped, packed, addressed and ready to go. I am going to send it tomorrow since I have to be in town anyway and work on Monday. I have some stuff that was supposed to go out today but the weather was so bad, I did not venture out so that has to go out tomorrow as well.

I hope Tracy enjoys everything. I will post the DC on the 8th.

THINK SPRING! Margo

o

Howdee

I sent yesterday and as soon as I find that itty bitty paper steve at the post office. You know its bad when the post master knows you by name for all the seeds you send out. Mailed 42 mailers yesterday when I send my box for this swap.

Acres

o

Hi all... Are you as excited as I am? I just finished packing my box and it's ready to take to the post office in the morning. What a nice way to make some happiness in our lives. A Big Thank-you to our host for putting this together for us. NICE! Deb

o

I took my box to a PO today -- have to work all day tomorrow.
bigmamma, hope you enjoy everything!! -- here is the dc:
Thanks so much, flowersareforme, for hosting!!

Have a great day!
crisann

o

The box is on the way. DC 0308 0660 0000 8897 4625

Acres, hope you enjoy it. Margo

o

Here is list that sent
purpleacres-need dc when you find it
Nori -dc-when you send
crisann 03092880000078398900
smitties-0308 0660 0000 8897 4625

o

Here is list
flowers-9101010521297762129331
purpleacres-need dc when you find it
Nori -dc-when you send

o

The box is on it's way!!!! DC is: 03090330000232684456

o

Here is list
purpleacres-all set I rec.
Nori -03090330000232684456

wow that was fast LOL I already got mine today -I sent and received.I got from Tracy a hair scrunchy,lavender food scrub-ummm good lavender glycerin soap,gardeners soap,
magnolia chamomile soap,reeses peanut butter heart candy,yummo.hand crocheted face cloth,a hand crocheted soap thingy for soap,2 nice dish clothes i love handmade items.
seeds-pumpkin,basil,radish,tomato,cantelope,peppermint,lettuce,broccoli,lettuce.Thank you purpleacre's-tracy for my lovely presents,I will cherish them all.

o

hyenas- 03010120000967002054

Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Gardening!

o

Here is list

Need to hear from these people

Bigmama-hyenas
Jmt-smitties

o

Delivery Confirmation: 420 43402 9405 5036 9930 0136 4227 82

o

Here is list
Jmt-420 43402 9405 5036 9930 0136 4227 82

Need to hear from these people

Bigmama-hyenas

o

Wow -- I am so excited!! -- This is so much fun, can't wait to see what everyone gets in their boxes!

:)
Crisann

o

Only person who has not posted is bigmama.I emailed her day we got our person it took a day to write back.She said she got it.
Today emailed have not heard from her.I am sure will post shortly.She new we had to have them delivered before valentine's day! Please post when you all get your boxes.

o

awesome to hear you recieved the box and happy to hear you are happy with what I sent.

Acres

o

Hey everyone I still Have not heard from Bigmama,
I emailed day of swap,nothing,I emailed again nothing.

o

I am going to get a box together today for hyenas ,
sorry I didnt shop for you.But I didnt want you to miss out in the swap.I will do my best.I havent heard from bigmama wrote a few times.I am very discourged with that.I would like everything to go ok in a swap so it would be fair for everyone.I am so sorry if this is late.I am going to see what I can put together and get this out.Bigmama if you see this please post.

o

Oh dear, I just tried tracking my package to acres to see where it is and apparently I put a wrong number in there. I am going to go find the DC to see what I did wrong and will post the right one later. Sorry about that.

Margo

o

I just got my box from Noni; it is a giant postal box overflowing...Deb - you are so generous!

She included:

a gnome climbing a latter that hooks on to the side of a planter. I love him!

Tons of seeds, enough to seed a whole garden

Gardening gloves

Beaded keychain

Kitchen towel set with potholders

Lots of chocolates... whole bag of ghirardelli, yum

Thank you so much! I love it all! What a wonderful way to celebrate Valentines day.

Lets do it again next year!

o

Margo I am sure you find the right numbers.
Jmt-I am glad you got a wonderful box.That is so good to hear!
I can't wait to see what each of you get it is to exciting!

o

Good Morning Cant wait to see what you all got
sent this to:

Briel-hynea's this morning I hope you enjoy what I got for you on such short notice.I know you had hestite about joining But dont let this stop you from joining my next I will send to you personaly
Tracking #: 9101010521297760337608

o

I just got a wonderful package from Briel (hyenas). She sent me lovely gifts, that she made... and that I love. Included were a beautiful beaded braclet, a corn husk doll, a mini basket, a table cloth(with hand stitched hearts on it) AND a lovely mini tea cup and saucer from her niece, Jena. A hand made valentine card with a bag of lavender seeds ( one of my favorites, by the way). All was lovingly put together and made a really nice Valentines surprise for me... So Nice!! A big Thank-you!! deb

o

wtg deb congrats on getting a lovely box.Awesome love to see people happy!

o

Hi,

Looks like the boxes are arriving -- I recieved mine today from our host, flowersareforme. Wow ~~ it contained:

~~ gardening gloves -- can always use new gloves!
~~ hershey's kisses -- yummy
~~ seed baggies -- perfect, just used my last one the other day
~~ a heart shaped wind twister -- cute!
~~ craft sticks -- I think they will make colorful plant labels -- if I can keep them away from my BF's daughter!
~~ 3 packs of stickers -- I heart scrapbooking!!
~~ a "green" memo pad -- very cool
~~ jar of calendula salve -- can't wait to try it!
~~ LOTS of seeds -- wow
~~ and a very nice card!!

everything was all wrapped up and covered with stickers and hearts! :)

I had a tough day today -- my grandma recently was diagnosed with breast cancer -- today we met with the cancer doctor to discuss the chemo and radiation, she'll start chemo next week. Then to top it off, it had to start snowing -- so I drove the 45 miles home on slippery, slushy roads -- uuuggh, so tired of snow.

Anyway -- after such a trying day, I ABSOLUTELY LOVED coming home and finding my valentine's package in the mailbox -- it was just the "pick me up" I needed!!

I can't thank you enough, Robin(flowersareforme), for your lovely gifts and your generosity!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

Hope you all have a great evening!!
Crystal (crisann)

o

Crystal I am so sorry to hear about your Gram,I pray that things go well for her! I also pray for the peace for you.I am glad you enjoyed it.

o

My number is correct. It just wasn't showing up for some reason. I don't know if the weather held it up or what. It is definitely on the way.

Crystal, I hope everything works out for your grandmother. I know this is a trying time so be sure to take care of yourself. Margo

o

Wow, Thanks! Everyone on gardenweb is so caring! I really appreciate it! My Grandma is 75, still works part-time and is a very active, strong woman. She is also very strong willed ~~ she says she will beat this cancer ~~ and I believe her!! Thanks for your kind thoughts and prayers!

Crystal

o

My box came yesterday. I unfortunately am out of town so will open it tomorrow, can't wait and will let you all know what I got tomorrow.

o

Good Morning Gardener's Happy Valentine's Day
I wont be home today,or late tomorrow so I wanted to say if I didn't post that would be why.
Me and my husband have plans so i wanted to check in with you.
Here is update.
Flowers-Rec
Noni-Rec
Smitties- Rec
Purpleaces-Did you rec?
Bigmama-????Hasnt responded
crisann-Rec
hyenas-May be late-I sent for Bigmama
Jmt-Rec

o

So, I was commenting to my husband about why the heck the box had not arrived and when all was said and done, he tells me he did not send it priority. I am so sorry if the package did not arrive in time today. I will use parcel post if the packages I send are not time constricted and not so far away. A trip across the country should have meant priority. The DC number has not updated since the 11th so not sure where the box really is. I mailed it last Sunday and even PP would possibly get it there today but with the assortment of weather the country has been getting, my guess it will be late.

I hope the box is worth the wait. Next time, I will take it. Margo

o

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Photobucket

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!
Crystal

o

Only ones I have not heard got theres are:
Margo-smitties what did you get
Purpleacres?
Bigmama?
hyenas?
I know Hyena's was late I sent for bigmama cause I didnt hear from her,Hopefully will come in todays mail.

o

Sorry I didn't post the contents of my box sooner. It was one of those weekends.

In my box from Jenny, I found
A dark chocolate candybar, the kind with chilis in it
Baileys chocolate candies
Flower shaped photo frame magnet
Pomegranate hand lotion, smells yummy
A wooden knic knack with the word "garden"
A hand made dish rag which she explained she knits with her grandmother. My dil has made a few of these for me and they are great. She has told me they make great face cloths too so I am going to use this for that purpose so it can be just for me. :)
A neat magnetic bookmark which is going to be quite handy.
Homemade seed envelopes with pretty little paper clips attached to each one along with a pretty pen.
Several great packages of seeds.

Thank you Jenny for the great box of goodies. I am enjoying candy as I type.

Purpleacres has not posted because she hasn't received her box yet. I hang my head in shame and keep kicking myself in the butt for not taking care of shipping it myself since it was so time sensitive. I am truly sorry it was not there on time. Since there is no mail delivery today, she should have it tomorrow.

Margo

o

Yesterday was a holiday but I got my packages today! That's right, lucky me I got two! :)

A lovely box from our host with some wonderful lavender soap, salve, COOKIES and other goodies. :)

And a box from bigmama FULL of succulents. :)

She says that her computer has a virus and she can't get online. She says to thank Crystal for the lights, they were just what she needed and thanks to flowersareforme for setting up the exchange.

I also got a thank you card from Deb. Very sweet and I can't tell you how thrilled Jena was to get her own letter!

This was a great swap, and it all because of awesome gardenweb members!

*HUGS*

o

Great Hyenas glad it all turned out for you.I am so glad you got them.And because you had to wait you where blessed with two.
Smitties it sounds like you had a nice box I am glad.
I am waiting now to find out about Purpleacres.
to see what she got.

o

No box yet but there is always tomorrow.

Acres

o

I am sorry you had to wait this long for your box.in these swaps we have to try to send priorty.And keep up with emails. or contact player.I am glad that everyone else did ok.I hope it comes tomorrow purple.

o

The DC says the package has been delivered. Again I apologize for the late delivery.

o

got my box today and well worth the wait. I got tons and tons of stuff in this box and it was all wrapped I felt like it was my birthday.

I got

a pair of gardnen gloves
a pair of heart socks
a air freshener
a wind sock
flower note cards
a pile of veggie seeds
miracle grow singles
little zip locks
a pen
a bag of carmels (yummy)
the cutest tin of cinnamon candies
a chocolate heart ( hubby will love that)
and a cute hand made bracelet with hearts on it.

Thanks much Margo it was a great thing on really busy day.

Happy gardening

Acres

o

awesome wtg purpleacres.
Thanks everyone -I am glad everyone got there box are are Happy Garden People...My other swap is open.But this one has to say Bye,,,,:)
Thank you players.Margo i sent you a email about the Ymca,And told you dont worry about it,Thanks happen everyone makes mistake's.I am real Happy This went well.And you should all check out My Spring Swap,I might do one more for April.And then it will be it as I will be busy with work.But again in the fall/winter to get threw those months of waiting to get outside,Helps the time go threw faster.Spring is coming everyone! Yahooooooooooo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here