Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

UPDATE: Birthday Seed Extravaganza Feb

flwrs4ever
15 years ago

Hello, please only post wish lists here, until January is over, or Jan thread becomes Full, that way all the wish lists will be posted together at the beginning of this thread.

Feb Bdays are...

Shropshire_lad Feb 8

Chellflower Feb 9

Plant-one-on-me Feb 10

zinaray Feb 14

ilovfarac Feb 15

Angelady Feb 18

ALSO Please report to me screen names that you are mailing to, or if you are taking the month off, please tell me ! Also remember to post on the rate and review thread.

Pinata will be Starting !! This will be soo much fun !

Ok, Feb Birthday Buddies PLEASE get your Wish Lists Posted before Feb 1 st !!

Comments (85)

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

ANdrea, happy birthday, I posted on the Jan thread, but didnt want you to think I missed your b day!!

Thanks everyone, I have been resting most of the day, and so appreciate all the thoughts and prayers. You all are the best !! ((HUGS))

• kamiljablo
    15 years ago

KYM! Your back! I missed you!
    I hope you feel better! I am so sorry! I did not mail your bulbs yet, please forgive me with school and everything things have been hectic. Now I am taking biology honors which is a 10th grade course and I am a freshman in half a year! Can you believe it a whole year course in half a year jeese! As soon as the ground defrosts I will send you your bulbs! Can you email me your addy? I am deprest because some stupid squirrels decided to knock my winter-sowing containers over and all the soil out. Ugh...I promise I will send your bulbs out soon!

Kamil

• chellflower
    15 years ago

Kym, I hope you get better soon!!!
    Fran, thanks for helping Kym out with the swaps...she needs the chance to kick back & take it easy a bit (we all know she's earned it!). I'm emailing you my addy for the feb. b'day swap.

Here's my list of wants....amazing how hard it can be to narrow it down to 25.. some I don't believe can be started from seed, but it is a 'wish' list, so here goes.....

1.Frangipani Vine (Chonemorpha fragrans or penangensis)
    2.Canna 'Striped Beauty'
    3.Begonia (Dragon Wing, escargot,Skaugum, any named)
    4.Clematis (any named varieties)
    5.Houttuynia/Chameleon Plant (H. cordata)
    6.Peony (esp. 'sorbet'..any named Dbl. or Tree cultivars)
    7.Heucheras (esp. named: midnight rose, amethyst mist, etc)
    8.Brunnera (Jack Frost, Emerald Mist, etc)
    9.Joshua Tree (Yucca brevifolia)
    10.Coleus (any named varieties)
    11.Kiwi (esp. variegated)
    12.Lemon (Meyor, Eureka variegated pink, etc)
    13.Any named fruit/citrus (lime,peach,fig,miracle fruit, Dragon Fruit,Cherimoya,plum,pear,mango, paw paw, apricot..)
    14.Berries (*Loganberry*, raspberry,honeyberry etc)
    15.Japonica Ornamental Maize (Zea mays)
    16.Bleeding Heart/Dicentra(Gold Heart or King of Hearts)
    17.**Any Pond plants**
    18.Hellebores (blue moon, painted bunting, etc..)
    19.Plumeria (esp. P.pudica,P.obtusa or any named rubra var)
    20.Bird of Paradise Shrub (Cassalpinia Gill res.)
    21.Blue Wisteria vine
    22.Heleconia (esp Rainbow/H. Wagneriana, etc)
    23.Geranium (starman, purple pillow, etc..)
    24.Queen's Wreath (A. petrea volubilis)
    25.Dahlia (fireworks,matchmaker, Victoria Ann, etc...)

..I know its a tough list, but I'm really into Tropical/exotic plants! If I recieved only one item it would make my BDay awesome!
    Chell

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

I am glad to help Kym out in anyway. She's such a sweetie!!! Glad to call her friend...

Come on ya'll Feb babies, you need to post list...our gardening minds want to know!!!

:) Fran

• suecirish
    15 years ago

Hi Everybody,
    I have been in touch with Fran, and in an effort to help Kym out while she's trying to rest up and get better, I will be helping to track who's sending to whom this month!

So...

PLEASE - REMEMBER TO EMAIL ME A LIST OF PEOPLE YOU ARE MAILING TO. IF YOU ARE NOT SENDING THIS MONTH, JUST SEND ME AN EMAIL SAYING YOU PASS ON THIS MONTH. I NEED TO HEAR FROM EVERYONE.
    You can use my email here through Gardenweb.
    Thanks - looking forward to hearing from all of you!
    Sue - Suecirish

• andreaz6wv
    15 years ago

Hi,

I want to thank everyone again for sending me birthday wishes all month long...I really appreciate it. It really does make a person feel special. I rec'd cards from dirtdiggin and ishareflowers today. Thanks so much. I am excited about the foxgloves and the sweet peppers. dirtdiggin sent a funny card about being from the North"wet". and i shareflowers had a cute card with a mailbox on it,which I thought fits this swap perfectly :)

So for the month I rec'd 14 beautiful birthday wishes and loved everyone of them!

Take care all,
    Andrea

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Jan. 29
    Andrea!!!
    Happy Birthday!!!
    Hope you had a Great Day!!!
    Dorothy

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Luck me! Got another card!
    Thank you so much Margarita (margarita10)!
    For the wonderful card and seeds.
    Chinese lantern and Cleome!
    Hugs
    Dorothy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Yes indeed Andrea!!! Hope you had a very fun day.....

Sorry I didn't post sooner, trying to catch all the other post and questions and such.

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Kym, hope you're feeling better. I can't imagine the fear and worry you must have felt. We'll be keeping you in our prayers.

Have been awaiting the other Feb babies to post their wish lists to let Kym know who I have goodies for and who I can send to. Guess I'll check trade pages of those who haven't posted.

I'll email you soon Kym...after I have a chance to look through the wish lists :)

I'll post here too, to let you know I've emailed...if you're taking a break I can let Fran know :)

I have most of the addresses from the Christmas swap. If they weren't involved in that swap then I probably don't...I'll just pester Fran :)

Toni

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday, Andrea!!! It does sound like such a great MONTH... I've never had a birthday month before, just a birth "day". hee hee

Blessings,
    Angela

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Andrea!

Cindy : )

• mommyto2
    15 years ago

Hi everyone!!!

Just checking the Feb. wishlist :)

Kym, I hope you feel better soon!! I will pray for your speedy recovery.

Fran, I'll be sending you an email to get the addresses for the month.

Sue, I'll be sending you an email once all the Feb. babies have posted their wish list to let you know who I'll be sending to.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!

Off to play in the yard!!!

Monica

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Kym, I hope you feel better soon! Don't overdo it...Linda

• plant-one-on-me
    15 years ago

Kym, hope you are doing better. Take care of yourself and don't over do anymore! We need you :-)

Fran, thanks for taking the time to check out my blog. I sent you an email for the list.

Wendy, thanks also. Keep cheering, we love it.

Sue, I sent an email of who I am mailing...but still waiting on the rest of the lists.

Dan, thanks for the cake...it is beautiful.

Angela, give you dad my best wishes.

Chell, if I could chip out some raspberries, I would send you some...sorry they are under 3' of snow!

I'll check in again soon. I am working 12 hour shifts the next 4 days so know I won't be around much. Kim

Here is a link that might be useful: Check out my new blog!

• margarita10
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Dorothy,

I hope you enjoy the seeds.

Margarita10

• carol57078
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Andrea!!
    Kym, hope you are feeling better, my thoughs are with you.
    Carol

• suecirish
    15 years ago

Andrea, Hope you had a great birthday yesterday. Sorry I'm a day late. Went to post on the Jan. thread but it was all full!
    Sue

15 years ago

Is Shropshire_lad the only one that hasn't checked in yet about their birthday wishes? Should we email to check or just wait?

Melinda (ilovefarac) - I know you said you were working on getting us your list by the end of the week, right? I hope to see it soon!

I've decided that I'm going to put together a monthly list of everyone's wishes and post it each month. I think it'll make it easier for everyone. I hope it helps you guys. I'm doing it for me anyways to make it easier for me.

Blessings,
    Angela

• shropshire_lad
    15 years ago

I'm so sorry I'm late to check in here. I have been having a very difficult month. My sweet kitty, my best little friend, got sick with kidney disease just before Christmas and it has been a battle ever since. Here she is:

{{gwi:1237112}}

I love her so much....please pray for her.

As for Kym, honey, feel better ok? I'm rooting for you! Take care and I can't thank you enough for starting these wonderful seed swaps...they gave me the BEST Cristmas and are making me look forward to my b-day!

Here's my want list:

1. Hibiscus 'Old Yella'
    2. Hibiscus 'Blue River II'
    3. Hibiscus 'Turn of the Century'
    4. Lavender 'Provence'
    5. Dahlia 'Cut 'n' Come Again'
    6. Rudbeckia 'Cherry Brandy'
    7. Japanese Morning Glory 'Aomurasakizyouhantensibori'
    8. Japanese Morning Glory 'Hatsu Arashi - First Autumn Storm
    9. Japanese Morning Glory 'Raiku'
    10. Japanese Morning Glory 'Star of India'
    11. Poppy 'Checkers'
    12. Poppy 'Royal Wedding'
    13. Poppy 'Black Peony'
    14. Poppy 'Flemish Antique'
    15. Catnip
    16. Common Chives
    17. Garlic Chives
    18. Lemon Balm
    19. Sunflower 'Prado Red'
    20. Anything you love in your garden!

Send me anything, I'm not fussy!
    Thanks, and happy upcoming birthdays!

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

shropshir_lad,
    Oh...I'm so sorry to hear about your little kitty. I have a very sweet male gray kitty, he is my buddy. I will certainly send some prayers up for her.

Cindy

15 years ago

Okay, I'll be back on later to finish catching up reading, but for now, I HAD to post my page so far.... It's just a shell, but keeping checking it. All our february wishes will be up soon! The link is below... I'll soon have all the months one at a time....

Blessings,
    Angela

• morguegirl
    15 years ago

Shropshire Lad,

I am so sorry to hear that your kitty is sick. I am sending my prayers to her.

Amy

• playintheyard
    15 years ago

wishing u all the best w/ ur troubles. Pls take care of yourselves.

r u Feb. b-day buddies ready yo go mailboxing? (luv that term)

Angela that link is a great idea!

Any body winter sowing?

Annette

• colcol
    15 years ago

shropshire_lad, Oh what a sweethart! (kitty) I do hope someone can send you some catnip! :)

Oh good! I was looking seriously about ordering some poppy checkers for myself! And I see it's on your list! :)) Hmmmm!
    Oh, I see 2 more that's on my list too!

Has all the Feb BD's checked in with a list now?

Annette, I am going to make my very first attempt at wintersowing this weekend, or were you addressing the q to the BD gang?

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

shropshire_lad, blessings to your kitty, it hurts us so much when one of our buddies is sick. Ppl make fun of us who care deeply about our pets but they give us so much and sometimes it is more then ppl do!

Angela, EXCELLENT IDEA!!! Good job girlfriend!!! YOU GO GIRL, WHOOP, WHOOP!!!

Annette, I have been winter sowing, not getting anywhere near as much as I had hope done though..slow going when it is just you doing it....and have a BUNCH of seeds...yeah I know I shouldn't have accumilated this many but what can I say?
    Hello, My name it Fran and I'm a seedaholic, I have heard the road to recovery is admitting you have a problem OK I am admitting I have a problem: I can't get these dang thangs planted fast enough. There, am I recovered? I admitted my problem!
    la-la-la--do-dah-do-dah-dooo,,,ahhhh
    I ain't just whistling Dixie! Somebody send in the rescue crew!

15 years ago

Ooooookay.... After I had a good chuckle reading Fran's post, I do want to thank you two for egging me on to go ahead with the webpage for the birthday lists. I stayed up a little bit to get it done, but it's up to date as of yet... I still need one more birthday wish list and will be checking the thread daily and update the page as soon as I see it! If I missed something, please let me know as soon as you notice it...

Blessings,
    Angela

• suecirish
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Lisa - ishareflowers! Have a great day!

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Angela, Thanks for the page. That will really help. I hope to be able to get to some stores and see what's available on the seed racks. I'm excited! Thanks, Nikki

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Lisa, wishing you a very special day !!

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Lisa!

Angela, thanks for your help with the Birthday lists!

Cindy : )

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Angela, glad I made you laugh...hehe

LISA

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Lisa!!!
    Dorothy
    {{gwi:457227}}

• carol57078
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Lisa!!

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Happy Happy Birthday Lisa!

15 years ago

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy - Birthday to you, Lisa!!! I hope it's GREAT!

I added this great purple background with balloons to celebrate! :-)

Blessings,
    Angela

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Angela,
    I like the back ground...But I can't read the screen.
    You have something lighter? LOL
    Dorothy

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

I wonder if ilovefrac was one of those without power in Arkansas. I am her partner in another swap and I have not heard from her in a couple of days either. Hope she is alright.

15 years ago

Oh, I'm sorry... I thought it was legible... let me try to change it....

Is this better?

Blessings,
    Angela

15 years ago

UH OH.... Don't kill me here... but, in the preview screen it looked it changed, but in the main one here, it isn't changing! I'm trying one more time, but it might not work this time, either! I am sooo sorry! I thought it would be fun, not a pain!

Blessings,
    Angela

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Thank you everyone for the b-day wishes!

I spent the day with my children and hubby. We had cake and went out to dinner and then did a bit of shopping. I had money and couldn't find anything! I hate that!

I was out looking for a potting bench but no luck yet!

Lisa

• shropshire_lad
    15 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA!!!

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

I can see it fine but I am sure it is hard for some to see. To bad we can't make all the text bold that would help, if we can't override the background Kym may have to start a new thread.... :) Fran

15 years ago

I'm okay with that. Making a new thread would be fine. I really will be much more careful next time. I'm leaving a bold font open-ended for now so until we get a new thread, hopefully everything else on the page will be typed in bigger font. I hope at least that works temporarily!

Lisa, I'm glad you had a wonderful day. I do hope you find that potting bench soon. Go figure that you couldn't find one today... blast it!

Blessings,
    Angela

15 years ago

Testing, testing... Just testing to see if the font stays bold past one post...

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

OOOh I can't see! Happy Birthday Lisa! Hope you have a great one! I think I have most of my seeds ready for the February bdays - now I need to find some cards! Nik

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Angela how do you type in bigger Font???
    I have seen people doing it and adding color but I don't know how???
    Dorothy

• andreaz6wv
    15 years ago

Thank you Medo for my card/seeds and wonderful b-day wishes!!

Andrea

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

PLEASE DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD, THERE IS A NEW THREAD, SAYS BIRTHDAY EXTRAVAGANZA FEB #2

ANGIE THANKS FOR THE PRETTY BALLOONS...LOL

15 years ago

Thanks, Kim, for starting a new thread! I promise to not blind people on the new one! LOL I included a link below to the new thread. I sure hope you're doing better, Kim... You're still very much in my thoughts and prayers.

Dorothy, I'll shoot you an email on the fonts later after I finish the file for the WOW swap. In short, for bigger font, use everything between the quotes, but replace the two quote symbols with a ""font size=4>Type whatever you want in here between the HTML codes."/font>

If this isn't clear, I'll send more later by email.... I hope I don't forget... If I do, just email me! LOL

Blessings,
    Angela