Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nettasaura

UPDATE: Victoriana Garden & Craft Robin is flying!

nettasaura
17 years ago

Hey ladies the Robin has flown the coop!

Rules (included inside the box):

1). You may take as many Victorian Style crafts as you like (try not to be greedy! LOL) as long as you can either replace them with the same amount and/or fill up the box.

2). You may take as many Victorian Era seed packs as you like as long as you can replace them with the same number or more.

3). Player list is listed in order of flight. Find your name on the list and cross it off.

4). Find the mailing label (included) for the next person on the list and place it on the outside of the box.

5). Use one of the Delivery Confirmation labels that I have included in the Robin. PLEASE have your postal worker scan the label into the computer so that the burden of responsibility is shifted to the USPS.

6). Please reseal the Robin!

7). Mail the Robin to the next player and post your Delivery Confirmation number on the Victoriana UPDATE thread. PLEASE TELL US WHAT YOU TAKE AND WHAT YOU ADD!!!

8). Enjoy your pretties and seeds!
Box Contents:

1). There are 75 packs of Victorian Era seeds. You can check to see if you have Victorian Era Seeds against these two lists. Language of Flowers / Victorian Language of Flowers
2). Four pairs of floral tassels in pink, blue, mint, and purple.

3). Three wall plaquettes in pink, blue, and mint.

4). Three pairs of crochet embellished socks in red, pink, and white.

5). Four pairs of earrings in aurora/gold, blue/copper, purple/silver, and sky blue/silver.

6). Two bracelets in spruce/gold and black/gold.

7). One cream painted tray with pink roses.

8). Three small doilies in mint, bridal blue, and deep pink.

9). Two mini shadow boxes in brown/red and burgundy/yellow.

10). If you would like to see these items you can check this website. Netta's Victoriana Crafts

{{gwi:1237436}}

Flight Path:

1 - debbya: Deb

2 - jselwa: Jennifer

3 - laurelin: Laurel

4 - drippy: Kim

5 - sandlapper_rose: Jeanne

6 - fabraholic216: Stephanie

Home - nettasaura: Lonetta

Let's have some fun with this one!

Netta

Comments (59)

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh honey...don't feel bad at all! I didn't do the "difficult" items in the box until last weekend! LOL!

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

I had such a headache last night that I didn't feel well enough to upload the pics. I went to bed early (which is so rare).

I added-
    12 ~Angel~ soaps "Lemon Verbena"

Teddy bear that has a lightly frosted ribbon/gold, clay flowers.

Candle holder (tealite), glass/purple, beads/wired, leaf, flower accents.

Heavy glass tealite holder with clay flower accents.

Heart glass ornament with bird pearched on top.

Grapevine Wreath (small).

2- Decorative "Stockings"
    Green one with clay flowers, Red one with "Candied Fruit"

Wicker Poinsettia wreath.

Dark Jeweled glass ornaments with clay flower accent (added 5).

Heart shaped ornament with clay flowers.

I took the gorgeous rose tray, 2 doilies (blue/mint), lavender tassle, yellow bird windowbox, blue bracelet, 2 pairs of earring (blue, purple), 2 prs. of socks (pink, white), "Live & Love" plaque.

Netta,
    Thanks so much for making these beautiful crafts! I'll always think of you each time I look at the gorgeous rose tray, or wear your handmade earrings, bracelet, socks!

Thanks so much for inlcuding me!
    I hope my crafts are enjoyed as much as yours will be!
    I had so much fun going through the box! I packed the box so tightly that I couldn't fit in the 6th ornament(jeweled)!

What I took-

And..

Hugs,
    Deb

• jselwa
    17 years ago

I kinda dropped off the face of the gardening world the last couple weeks - between stomach flu and a cold, and being busy with eBay and trying to make extra money selling vintage jewelry so I can feed my new jewelry making habits by purchasing cool beads...LOL!

Deb, the box got here today - Oh MY - what a BOX!!! My 5 year old daughter fell in LOVE with your teddy bear - I took a half-dozen of your heavenly smelly soaps in the pink and blue to match both my bathrooms, along with the teddy bear, the green stocking ornament, the bird on heart ornament, the flower on heart ornament, the tealight candle holder (GORGEOUS!!), Netta's red socks, and the other bracelet with black beads. Total of 14 things. I am going to be adding some more jewelry and other goodies - will get some photos and details posted later this evening or tomorrow. I haven't had a chance to get through the seeds yet, either. More to come! Box will be in flight on Monday!

For those people reading this post that didn't sign up for this round robin - what a GREAT idea and a BIG thanks to Netta - those that didn't sign up really missed out on an incredible opportunity!! :)-

Jen

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you Jen.....and I hope to do more fab Victorian Robins and Swaps in the future....so keep your eyes out!

Netta

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Oboyoboyoboy, I'll be getting mail later this week! I'm looking forward to this. My daughter turns 5 in a few weeks, and I'm sure she'll enjoy looking at what's in the box when it gets here, and helping me pick out goodies to exchange for the crafts I've made.

Netta, you've hooked me on crafts again - I couldn't resist picking up some velvet miniature Christmas tree skirts to embellish today (clearance sales are a wonderful thing). Maybe I'll get one or two done before the box arrives. . . .

Laurel

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Laurel,
    Netta has revived my craft addiction too! I go through phases, and was a little board with crafts. Thanks to Netta I'm hooked again.

Deb

• jselwa
    17 years ago

Deb, the flowers came unglued from your tealight holder (the heavy one) - I tried to superglue them back on, but I'm not sure it will hold. I got photos of all my goodies going in the box...will get those posted shortly.

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

I used hot glue for the glass tealite/clay flowers. Superglue should work, thanks Jennifer for fixing it. I wonder if silicone would of worked better than hot glue? What does everyone else use on glass?

Deb

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

5 Minute Epoxy!

• jselwa
    17 years ago

Did you use high-temp hot glue? I know glass needs high temp in order to stick.

Here they come! Sorry for the blurry shots...I tried to use no flash so you could see them better and not all washed out.

Adding six pairs of earrings (three each gold and silver), three bracelets, and six bookmarks. I made one of the bracelets (blue and white one, third down) for the "Victorian Lady with extra blessings) in a bit larger than normal size in case anyone has larger bones than me (I have tiny wrists and hands - only wear a 4.5 ring size!).

First three earrings...

Next three...

Bracelet 1...

Bracelet 2...

Bracelet 3 (for the Victorian Woman with Extra Blessings)...

All the jewelry bagged up pretty. Each has a detailed description enclosed with the beads used in each one. Almost all of them have vintage beads from pieces I've picked up and cut apart to restring with newer beads, including some vintage Swarovski crystals.

And the bookmarks - all the flowers were hand pressed by me last summer using a Microfleur in the microwave.

I hope the next receipients on the list enjoy the goodies as much as I have! I'll post the tracking number shortly - we're supposed to get 9-10 inches of snow tonight so I'm not sure I'll get to the post office tomorrow or not. If not, the robin will fly Tuesday.

Jen

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Jen,
    Yes, it was the high temp glue. Your crafts are gorgeous too! Love the earrings/bracelets! Also, the book markers!

Deb

• jselwa
    17 years ago

Laurel, will be on it's way either tomorrow or Tuesday. DC# is 03061070000360076438. My daughter was 5 in September - she started kindergarten this past fall. My son is 17 months and just started walking last weekend!

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jen...the Post Office is closed tomorrow.

This is turning out to be one of the coolest swaps EVER! Jen how did you make those bookmarks....they're awesome! I have always wanted to try pressing flowers, but never did.

Netta

• jselwa
    17 years ago

That's right, it's MLK day...Thanks to you two for the wonderful comments! Now, my confession - they were all done this weekend when the box came - because I wasn't paying attention to the thread, so I crammed 'em in, LOL! Netta, the bookmarks are so simple. Purchase 4x6 size cold laminate from Walmart in the stationary department - cut them to bookmark size, insert flowers, press and seal, then hole-punch the top and attach a tassle from the fabric department.

In regards to pressing flowers, I used to do it the old way of putting them in books - that method can take forever, and you lose the color also - the Microfleur I bought off eBay for I think $40 or so and it's more than paid for itself - you should see the cosmos and glads I did! I think the longest drying time I had was about two minutes, and that was on the larger, thick zinnias - most flowers were only a minute in the microwave, and some were only 30 seconds. If I get a chance I will snap a few shots and post them of my other drieds. I've got about 30 pages in a binder full! I also have used them for soaps - standard Ivory or Oil of Olay and a little matte finish Modge-Podge works wonders! You can also make suncatchers with them by making your arrangement between two pieces of standard hardware window glass and copper tape the edges shut and solder wire to hang...I'll post some shots of those, too. Time for bed!

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Your jewelry is LOVELY, Jennifer! Makes me wish I had pierced ears. I think one of those bracelets will have to stay with me; they're too nice to pass up and I love bracelets. The pressed flower bookmarks are beautiful, too, and it will be hard to choose one favorite.

I forgot about the MLK holiday - we're having mixed ice/rain here, and I couldn't figure out why the news wasn't running a "crawl" of the school closings, LOL! I home school, so the holiday just didn't register as a "day off" in my book.

I'm working on one of the tree skirts, just for fun (wine and dark green velvet, with cream lace). If I like how it turns out, I'll include it in the box. I've also got three handmade teddy bears and two angel ornaments, and a couple other ornaments (a poinsettia wreath, and a Victorian house). I'll post pictures when I get the box later this week.

Jennifer, our daughter turns five in February, and she's loving preschool right now; our son is 8. My kids were later walkers, too (13 and 15 months; my niece walked at 18 months). They don't slow down once they start, that's for sure.

Laurel

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Geez! Lucky you guys...you got an extra long break from sprinting toddlers! LOL! Both of mine started walking at 10.5 months (the oldest did it on father's day, what a treat!) and we've bene chasing them ever since.

I am so pleased with this Robin so far. You guys are exceeding my expectations!

Netta

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

DH is about ready to have a fit! LOL! Every time I clean up the breakfast bar and he feels like he has reclaimed part of the kitchen, I get into something else and totally clutter it up again. I am full swing in to a jewelry phase and am having a blast.

Went and bought all kinds of components and wires, beads, a tool kit, a thing-a-ma jig, and have been in jewelry heaven ever since. Guess this comes from not being able to wear long earrings for the first time since the boys were born....they are now old enough to know not to touch.

So I went to the mall and was in the Icing by Claire's and realized that I can make most of the same kinds of things. DH bought me a Wilton favor tree Christmas before last that I had meant to make egg ornaments for, but it is coming in handy as a snazzy earring tree!

Plus I am trying to manage Winter Sowing, my Seed Longevity Project, potty training, my Round Robins, and helping out my parents. I may be a stay at home mom, but I always make sure I am busy! So I am off to make a crock pot dinner - Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole.

Netta

• laurelin
    17 years ago

LOL, Netta, I go through the same thing. I've enjoyed the crafts, and I've started this year's winter sowing, I started hybridizing daylilies last year, I plan and coordinate the landscaping at our church, I home school, I read a LOT, and la la la la life goes on.

I can hardly wait for the robin box to get here. I went on a roll and did two tree skirts and two additional angels. I took pictures of everything yesterday, so I can post them when I send the box on to Kim. I'm taking a short break from the crafts (except for making my son's teddy bear), but when you decide to start another robin later in the year, I'll be more than happy to jump on the bandwagon. At this rate, I'll have to participate in your next "unwanted craft items" robin too.

Laurel

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Laurel - the Robin landed in Endicott around 5 this morning, according to USPS, so maybe it will be there soon!

• laurelin
    17 years ago

YES!! It arrived a little while ago, and my daughter and I had a blast looking through it.

I took out:

The larger wreath.
    A bookmark.
    The yellow ornament with flower.
    The tealight holder with flowers.
    The "extra blessings" bracelet.
    The Victorian earrings (silver post style, faux pearls & amethyst)
    The ladybug earrings.

My daughter chose:

Two soaps.
    The "Sweet Dreams" plaque.
    One set of tassels (green).

And I took 8 packs of seeds.

I put in:

Three teddy bears.
    Two tree skirts (one scarlet red, one wine).
    Four angels (aqua, pale green, dark red, black cherry).
    Two smaller ornaments (Victorian house, poinsettia wreath).

{{gwi:1237468}}

{{gwi:1237469}}

That flat rate box is STUFFED. I tried to nest the more fragile items between the softer ones. I'll pack the box up and send it out tomorrow morning.

What fun that was, just like Christmas! Kim, Jeanne, Stephanie, and Lonetta - enjoy the box!

Laurel

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Oh, I'll be putting in 8 packs of seeds - I ran out of little baggies, so I'll have to improvise. I've got rose seeds (from my Austin rose 'Othello'), rose of sharon seeds (from my 'Bluebird' shrub), clematis seeds (from my 'General Sikorski'), and some other goodies.

Laurel

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Laurel,
    Your teddies are adorable! I wish the box was headed my way again. I would snatch up a teddy or two! LOL! I love bears (boyds, mohair, etc.) and don't have any Victorian teddies yet!

Hopefully, we do another swap like this right away! ;) Or sometime soon!

Deb

• laurelin
    17 years ago

I'll be sure to put a teddy or two in the next craft swap box when Netta's coordinating. Sewing the teddies is relaxing, and I've got plenty of material to play with. Maybe a future swap will go counterclockwise around the country. . . .

Laurel

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I agree...totally adorable...guess I will just have to wait and see what is left in the box when it comes home!

Here a link to pics of the earrings I've made this week!
    Netta's Earrings

I am going to upload these to the jewelry section of my Website, but that's going to take more than just a few minutes. So in the meantime here is a sneek peek!

Netta

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well....I decided I didn't like those pictures of my earrings too much...so a little websurfing on how to photograph jewelry later and I think I like what I have now. Check it out...uploaded to my website. Click on the "earrings" section.

Let me know what you think about the new pics....I made my own "lightbox" out of stuff I had here inthe house.

Netta

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Netta,

The new earring pics are quite nice. I really like your website. Nice pictures of your flowers, too! I'm not computer-savvy enough to make my own website, but it's tempting to learn. How did you do it?

I have a photobucket account - laurelinsgarden. You're welcome to visit, if you're interested. The main album is garden pictures, plus a few of our cats and the crafts for this swap. There's also an album for the big flood we had last June, and another for our church.

Kim,

I sent the RR box on its way this morning. The DC# is 0306 1070 0003 6007 6391.

I decided at the last minute to switch boxes, to a larger sized priority mail box - the original box was quite beat up, and really stuffed to the brim. I was afraid some of the crafts could be mashed, or that I'd get to the post office and they'd tell me to get a new box anyhow. So, it's not a flat rate box - but the postage was actually cheaper, since it has lightweight stuff in it right now. If someone has much heavier stuff to put in it later, they could go back to the flat rate box.

Get ready, the goodies are flying your way!

Laurel

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Laurel - it's really not that hard...and since you have verizon, you can get a free Geocities account through Yahoo....although I preferred to make a yahoo account instead since it makes your web address much easier to remember. There are some good basic HTML teaching sites out there that I can send you a list of through email if you would like. I tried using Yahoo's web page editor but couldn't figure it out for the life of me, so I feel much more comfortable using the HTML editor, where I can type in the HTML line by line. It's really quite easy once you get the hang of it...and then you can figure out all of the cut and paste shortcuts to make construction go a lot faster. And since you already have a Photobucket account, image uploading shouldn't be a problem. If you want to go ahead and try to make an website, email me, and I will help out with any problems and we can even IM if you need to.

I actually got started because I wanted to make my trade page nicer. So I googled HTML help and got lots of info that way. Then I decided it would be much easier to deal with things on my own website, so I created my geocities account.

So let me know if you want any help!
    Netta

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Flight Path as of today:

Flight Path:
    4 - drippy: Kim
    5 - sandlapper_rose: Jeanne
    6 - fabraholic216: Stephanie
    Home - nettasaura: Lonetta

• jselwa
    17 years ago

Laurel, your tree skirts are AWESOME, and the teddys are darling!! Glad you liked some of the jewelry.

Netta, do tell how you did the lightbox. Since I've been auctioning all this vintage jewelry on eBay, I've been experimenting with my studio lights on how to better photograph jewelry, and I like your results better than mine! Here are a few examples:

This was done with one 60w studio lamp and holding up a milk carton in front of it to diffuse the light - the background is blue suede. No flash, just the natural light.

This was done with the bottom cut off the milk carton, foil taped on two of the interior sides for reflective light, and the same studio strobe shining in. Pointed the camera through the opening at the top of the carton and snapped away. Also no flash here.

This was done with the same strobe firing flash into a 45" umbrella and the little point and shoot flash at the same time.
    {{gwi:1237472}}

Same setup, just with white paper underneath.

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jennifer...you are a professional and I totally like your pics better...especially the first two. But if you want to know...I used a 3 drawer sterilite storage cart, the smaller 8.5"x11" paper size. Took out the drawers, turned it upside down, pulled a white pillowcase over it, pulled the "extra" material on the pillowcase through the back to give me my "background", and strung monofilament across from the drawer supports for suspending my earrings. Then I used my little table lamp with only a 40w bulb (probably could get even better pics if I used a higher watt bulb)....tried the lamp from the sides and back and finally decided I like the overhead better. I haven't had a chance to get anything that needs to lie down like a necklace, but I am getting there. And since I am not a professional and can't afford all the pro stuff, I have to make do with what I can jimmy-rig myself. I figure for the necklaces and bracelets, I can just slide a low profile box or book into the extra pillowcase material from behind. Plus googling gave me the idea for the light box. Here's a pic of my little setup (on the kitchen counter of course...one more reason for DH to have a hissy!LOL).
    {{gwi:1237435}}

Netta

Oh yeah....the lamp is propped up on a box of Costco garbage bags....real classy set up huh!?!

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Thanks, Jennifer. I've got the bracelet on right now - it's just so feminine and pretty. I love pearls and glass.

I had fun with the tree skirts. They were just a whim (I picked up the basic, totally plain skirts on clearance, and wanted to see how I could embellish them), but they were fun to work on. I have some more to do for my next Christmas-themed swap. Before I do anything else, though, my son wants his own teddy bear, so that's next on the craft agenda.

I haven't had this much fun sewing in years - normally I much prefer painting. But the hand sewing was peaceful and therapeutic during a tough time, so I ran with it. I'll probably do more of it from now on. I had to remind myself that I do NOT need another hobby/interest after getting the jewelry from you and Netta - I could happily learn to make bracelets etc., but I've got enough on my plate (and enough craft stuff!) as it is. SO, when I was in Michael's craft store last night, I didn't go near the beads. . . .

Laurel

• sandlapper_rose
    17 years ago

Laurel, the things you added are so pretty! And I am number 2 on the list now... can't wait! (All the other things added were great as well, I just held off commenting because no telling what would be left when they got to me. LOL)
    Have a good weekend, everyone.

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey ladies... I have a small request...please follow the link.

Thanks,
    Netta

Here is a link that might be useful: Do you have Christmas Tree pics?

• drippy
    17 years ago

I thought I could, I thought I could, I thought I could...

...but I couldn't. Rats. I hated to be the spoiler on this one, but I got myself too overextended on the Theme Garden Swap that I am still working on to craft. I haven't even been out to shop for a craft, but somehow, that wouldn't seem right anyway...

...because my hat is off to you ladies and the beautiful work you've done! The box arrived yesterday, beautifully packed by Laurel I might add, and Jeanne, I hope it arrives as nicely to you. Breathtaking work, you all - maybe next year (if I start soon, LOL) I can truly participate.

I didn't take my name off the list because I sincerely and honestly thought I could manage. I hope you all will forgive me.

I did take 4 packs of seeds (no crafts, obviously): mixed daylilies, California poppies "Mission Bells", celosia "Triumph Exposition", and stocks "Dwarf 10-Week Mix". I replaced them, using the Language of Flowers site Netta included in this post, with:

Pansy, Blueberry Sundae - you occupy my thoughts
    Aster chinensis, Perser Mix - I will think of thee
    Calendula (pot marigold) - Affection
    Wallflower - Faithful in adversity
    Strawflower mix - agreement
    Motherwort - secret love
    Salvia splendens (ornamental sage) - wisdom
    Verbena bonariensis - sensibility, or pray for me!(LOL)

Jeanne, as of a half hour from now (my post office closes from 11-12 for lunch - that's the small town for you), the box will be on its way to you with DC# 0306 1070 0003 6007 6407.

Netta, you did a marvelous job organizing this, and I'm truly sorry I couldn't participate more fully.

Bravo to all of you!

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kim...don't sweat it. Plus there will be a small package of goodies winging your way sometime soon (hopefully within the next few weeks...hardly seems fair that you didn't get to keep anything craftwise). I had wondered if you were going to be able to finish crafting with the sheer volume of seeds you are dealing with for your swap. But then again thank you so much for being honest and for sending the box back on right away. You are a pearl!

Netta

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Oh Kim, I'm sorry you couldn't participate the way you wanted to. I know you've been busy with the other seed swap. I hope you enjoy the mixed daylily seeds.

Laurel

• sandlapper_rose
    17 years ago

The robin has arrived in SC and it is OUTSTANDING! Wow, what beautiful things and a ton of interesting seeds. (Well, not really a ton, but you know what I mean...) I will get it out at least by Monday. If I can do it sooner, I will; but I want to look through my seeds a bit to see if I can add to the selections... and admire the goodies that everyone made as well. I already have some favorties that are "must haves!" I will post when I mail and what I took and added to the box. I suspect we are in a bigger size box now because there is soooo much in it!

• sandlapper_rose
    17 years ago

The "Robin box" is all packed up and ready to head to Florida tomorrow. Keep an eye out for it, Stephanie. Delivery Confirmation Number 0306 1070 0003 6007 6414. Hope it gets there safely and you are as excited to receive it as I was!

What I took: the blue powder room sign that Netta made (I spotted the picture of that when the box first headed out and just loved it - can't believe it was still in the box for me!), the rose tassels (again, wow - I love them), an ornament with a clay flower that Deb made, a bracelet, a pair of earrings, and two bookmarks that Jen made (one for me and one for my daughter who was here this weekend to celebrate her birthday with us), a tree skirt that is soooo wonderful, and the greatest little teddy bear, and an angel ornament that Laurel made, and a heart shaped pin - not sure who included that but I plan to wear it on Valentine's Day... and, of course, assorted seeds. Everything is absolutely lovely! Thank you so much to all who participated!

{{gwi:1237475}}

What I made and included: A mini crazy quilt or table mat - whichever you decide. I always call these "refrigerator quilts" - LOL - because I use magnetic clips and put this size on the refrigerator and change them out as the seasons change. I also crocheted two lucky penney holders (complete with lucky pennies!), and I made some handmade angel soaps, two fabric covered pocket tissue packs, a lavendar sachet (or can be a pin cushion/needleholder), a Christmas ornament, a wash cloth decorated with ribbons and lace, and a wicker chest that can be used to hold plant markers, seeds, plant information, or whatever you like). There are some things in the chest but they just got packed that way - to save space. I don't even remember if any of them were made by me so feel free to take the chest and some or all of the contents - well, I guess you know to do that anyway. Most of the seeds I included were bought rather than harvested by me - I bought kinds that were not already in there so there would be more of a variety to look at when you get the box.

{{gwi:1237476}}

Netta, thank you so much for being hostess. You had everything so organized and it has been fun reading the posts and seeing the pictures. The box should be heading back to you soon.

Sandlapper Rose

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Beautiful Sandlapper! I am loving this Robin the most out of all the ones I have hosted so far!

Netta

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Thank you for hosting this RR, Netta! I've had a LOT of fun, and really enjoyed "meeting" the other ladies in the Robin. When you decide to host another Robin later this year, I sure hope I can participate. (I've already got two more bears started, besides my son's bear. I'm on a roll!) I'll keep an eye out for your next swap/robin.

Sandlapper Rose, I'm glad you like the bear, ornament, and tree skirt. You put some really lovely things in the box - Stephanie and Netta will be blessed.

Laurel

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Bump!

• sandlapper_rose
    17 years ago

I checked using the delivery confirmation number and it looks like the robin is now at your local post office, so hopefully you will get it today, Stephanie.
    We are having what they call a "wintery mix" today - snow, sleet, freezing rain, and rain. Oh, well, it is February! Just wish I hadn't missed the snow falling - love to watch it and it fell before I got up! There is still some on the ground, but it is supposed to stay above freezing and we are supposed to continue with rain for the rest of the day.

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Stephanie....USPS shows delivery yesterday....we'll be anxiously waiting to hear from you....we can't wait to see what kind of goodies you are going to add!

• fabraholic216
    17 years ago

Yes! The box arrived yesterday and it is amazing! Everything is soooo beautiful. I took three pairs of earrings and a bookmark. I am adding a set of gold embossed gift tags, hand stamped and watercolor painted greeting cards, and 2 hand embroidered sachets. I will get it back in the mail and on it's way home on Monday! I'm so sorry I didn't post yesterday but my darling three year old daughter has the flu and I am busier than ever here. Don't worry LOL I didn't let her near the box and it should be germ free when it leaves our house. : ) I also took and then replaced six packs of seeds. What lovely seeds there are too! Thanks so much to everyone who worked on this robin. It's incredible! What a privilage it is to be a part of this swap!
    Hugs,
    Stephanie

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Stephanie...is that all you are going to take? You can take a little bit more can't you?

And my house looks ugly...bare and empty! I always hate it when we take down the Christmas stuff....it makes it look like we are getting ready to pack and move!

Netta

• sandlapper_rose
    17 years ago

Stephanie - so sorry to hear that your little girl is sick with the flu. I hope that by the time you read this, she is feeling a little better.
    Take care and rest up so you don't get sick, too!

• fabraholic216
    17 years ago

Okay, since you twisted my arm LOL I also took a lucky penny. The robin is safely flying back to Netta, here is the delivery confirmation number: 03061070000360076421. I mailed it back this afternoon. You are going to love it! I took Faith, my daughter to the doctor today and she's on antibiotics for an ear infection. I think I am getting it - but I did spend the weekend holding her LOL so what can I expect. I don't think we sent you any germs Netta. : ) I washed my hands before sealing up the box. LOL. Thanks again for letting me be in this swap. Thanks also for the good wishes Jeanne. Take care ya'll.
    Hugs,
    Stephanie

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey everybody! I got the Robin back today and I can't believe how beautiful everything in it is. I would like to say a very big thank you to the small but wonderfully talented group of ladies that participated in this Robin! Hosting this Robin has been one of the most fun and most rewarding things I have done in the last few months. Thank you for making it a pleasureable experience and I hope that many of you will sign up for any of my future Robins!

Netta

• laurelin
    17 years ago

You're welcome, Netta! I'll keep an eye out for your future Robins. I had a lot of fun, and I'd like to "play" again. (In fact, I can't seem to stop making teddy bears - I've got 2 more finished, and 3 in process. You've enabled a bear-making crazy lady!)

Laurel

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Laurel,
    Keep making those bears, LOL! I would LOVE one, so hopefully Netta will place me after you in her next craft swap! Hint..hint..LOL!

This had to be the best swap I've ever been in. I really enjoyed reading about what everyone was making, plus all the pics posted made me feel like I was able to peek in the box at each stop.

Deb