Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pattygrow5

final thread 5th annual whats left on my want list swap

pattygrow5
14 years ago

Hi all I am on a borrowed computer I have mailed all of the seeds am I sorry that my computer died on me Next year if I do this swap I won't do it until after the holidays thanks to all that sent more than the 250 seeds maximum it made my job much easier I was able to send good seeds to all the leftover seeds I will be offering to newbies

Thanks all for the great swap

Patty

Comments (21)

• austinnhanasmom
    14 years ago

THANKS Patty - this was the best swap!!

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    14 years ago

Thanks Patty, this was the best swap I've ever done-looking forward to planting my new seed and to next years swap.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

Thanks so much Patty!!! and you too Angie!

Hugs,
    Wendy / sassyb..

• drippy
    14 years ago

Patty and team, and all of you who sent seeds for me - I just received my seeds earlier today, and I am completely blown away. I left my garden in Massachusetts this year when I moved south, and am still waiting to get my own place - was moved nearly to tears by the thoughtful selections in my package. If what goes around comes around, you will all be richly blessed in the new year.

Thank you,

Kim

• sandysgardens
    14 years ago

Hello Patti and all swap participants. I received the BEST package on Monday. The mail got brought in late on Monday night so I didnÂt get a chance to look through and man-handle all the packets over-and-over until this morning. IÂm laid up in bed with pneumonia so my bed is full of many wonderful seed packets and many wanted varieties that thereÂs barely room for me and the laptop.

I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for sending in such great seeds, for not only me but to everyone in the swap. From everyoneÂs posts and knowing what I received I know this has been the best WLOMWLS ever!

Now to just get feeling better so I can get a lot of these seeds winter sown and get the indoor sowing area ready for those I will be sowing indoors.

Thanks again for making what looks to be a GRAND GARDENING year!

Wishing everyone a grand gardening year with many blooms, fruits and veggies!!!

Take care and see you on the GardenWeb,
    Sandy

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Hello All!

I got my envy yesterday, it was loaded with great seeds!!!

Thank you to all who played and to Patty,Angie and Angela for all the time it took to make everyones packet the best ever!!!

I'm going to be a happy sower this year!

Lisa

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    14 years ago

Hi Patty,

Sorry I missed your call. I have misplaced your # (or did I ever have it?) or I would have called you back. Try ringing me again sometime when convenient (but I will have company until Thurs night or Fri.)

Glad you found your way to a borrowed computer, and hope you either get yours fixed, or locate a new(er) one soon. I cannot imagine being without a computer as long as you have, and how on earth you managed the swap packing so well.

I'm glad you started a new thread as I was wanting to read what others said as they got their envelopes....more very happy gardeners I see. I'm just not ready for this wonderful swap to end.

Next year if I do this swap I won't do it until after the holidays
    I think that is a good idea. I didn't participate in the annual Secret Santa Swap because of not knowing what all I might get from my wish list in this swap. As folks can see, I have updated my wish list (forgot to date it like a dummy) and my wish list is pretty short now. As I come across folks mentioning cool stuff I don't have, I save those things to a folder, and then later add a bunch of things to my wish list.

Thanks for checking in. It is good hear from you and to know you are alive and well.

Sue...rbb who 'almost' started a new thread for us.

• patty_b
    14 years ago

Thanks everybody for another great swap. My summer will be brighter with all the new plants in my garden.
    Dirtdiggin..did you note which two garlics were sent in for me ...Patty_b #19 ?? The ole' smudge label has me stumped!
    Looking forward to seed starting time, Patty

• jaynine
    14 years ago

Like many of us, I was very moved by the generosity of the participants of this swap. While looking through the many wonderful packets and amidst all the oohing and aahing, I found myself thanking each member out loud! Patty, you did a fantastic job. I even got things that I'd been meaning to add to my wish list. Thank you everybody!

• jacoblily
    14 years ago

Thanks to Patty and Angie for a great swap. Thank you to all of those who sent seeds in for me! I'm looking forward to the sowing and planting season. Thanks again
    Michelle

• kilngod
    14 years ago

What a wonderful array of seeds!!! I'm am dumbstruck.

I wnet through all of them drooling, and and now I get to do it joyously again -- as I pluck things off my GW want list!

(twirling around like a silly) Yippee skippy!

Thank you, every single one, for seeds that you sent to me , and to everyone. This swap "rocks the house, yo."

Extra thanks to Patty, Angie, and Angela for sorting and keeping track of all sorts of things. You are special traders!

--Tina

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    14 years ago

Okay, I just had to check in and say thanks one more time ;-) Patty, nice to see you posting again ... thank you so much for everything !

I've taken my seeds out of the envie several times just to go thru them and look ( yes , drool is an appropriate word ) at all the wonderful seeds you all have shared with me ... what a wonderful thing seed swaps are ! In my previous post I forgot a special " thank you " to everyone who filled a special request for me ... My son goes back to school Monday, he's been here for almost a month, its been great having him here, I will miss him terribly. Getting back to my seeds and organizing them and getting ready for spring will help me get over that sadness I always feel when he leaves .

Hope everyone is keeping warm in this very cold New Year !

~Iris

• strmywthr3
    14 years ago

I have to say I was absolutely thrilled with my package! thanks so much for hosting and sorting and sending all these wonderful packages!!

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Patty - So far, I've been able to identify all of them by pic or description. I noted it, but my list ended up shuffled...You know who knows where and he's not telling :o/

Can you take a pic of the label and the garlic and email it to me? I'd be happy to identify it for you. I do believe I sent Ex Hardy German...which is a large clove. The other I'd have to check on. Blasted moisture bleeding pens...grrrrrr...tells me which type I'll use next year ;)

Toni

• alwaysagarden
    14 years ago

My second year and very happy! Look forward to next years. I too want to thank our hostess Patty and also Angie. Blessings to you both!

Cindy : )

• bhnash
    14 years ago

Hi all - I am having so much fun sowing seeds, so many seeds, so little space LOL.

I got some Dahlia seeds, and have sown them, and would love to know how tall the plants will be. They are identified on the bag as 212GRB Purple Velvet, with a pic of a single flower with pointed petals. I don't know who sent them, and I can't find any info online for that variety. Any help would be great!

• sandlapper_rose
    14 years ago

Just another thank you for the garlic. I have had it potted for awhile now and just went out to look and nice new green growth. I think they just took awhile to get settled. Anyway, I am happy to be attempting a crop of garlic!
    Other things have been or will be winter sown and there will be more for Springtime sowing so thank you once again to all who shared.
    Jeanne

• patty_b
    14 years ago

Bhnash...I am guessing they are from me and probably be knee high if not a bit taller. Hope you like them....Patty

• bhnash
    14 years ago

Thanks Patty, that is a big help. I was *hoping* they weren't four footers LOL.

• deanna in ME Barely zone 6a, more like 5b
    14 years ago

As a newbie I just couldn't believe the seed variety and amounts I received. Thanks so much to Patty and Angie! It's so fun to share seeds. What a wonderful intro to seed growing. You all just make it flat out FUN to do this!!!!

Deanna

• debby_1
    14 years ago

Thanks to everyone on this swap and the secret santa swap I now have amaryllis, allium, gailardia, coneflowers, broccoli, cardinal flowers, lupins and quite a few others popping up. I really appreciate all the time and effort everyone puts into these swaps.
    Thank you,
    Debby