Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
margaret_2007

UPDATE: new-obf "let us know more-let us know more!"

margaret_2007
11 years ago

Hello-Ladies-Here is the new post, I hope. I will check to see if all that was posted after "ANNIE" was named winner.

Maryanne, I have no celery seed!!!
I am quite surpised I chose 6 out of 11 correctly. I am so curious to find out what everyone lied about...LOL!

For now, I will reveal my truths and the BS about me.

1. In high school, I went to Japan for the Summer and put on 20 pounds eating lots of rice and ice cream....This is TRUE. After my Junior year, I went to Northern Japan on an exchange program for the Summer. For some reason, I found their Vanilla Ice Cream to be outstanding and enjoyed it frequently and I mean frequently. Needless to say, white rice and lots of it, was always on the table. I lost all the weight after I returned but must say that I have rarely consumed any kind of rice since then. And as far as ice cream, I will only eat it if it has nuts in it....I am very picky when it comes to ice cream...LOL!

2. In 1981, I traveled to Saudia Arabia and worked as an RN for one year....This is FALSE. I almost made the journey, had most of the paperwork in order but decided life was to good here in Southern California.

3. I despise eating fruit of any kind....This is TRUE. I plant/grow so many varieties of fruit, I can fruit, I make fruit pies, I always serve fresh fruit, I think fresh fruit is so very beautiful BUT I will not eat fruit, whether fresh, in a dessert, out of a can etc.... I am bad...I despise eating fruit...LOL!

Margaret, this has been so much fun, very interesting...and it is not over!

Happy Sunday!

Annie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by MoonFire 8b (My Page) on Sun, Jan 13, 13 at 15:57

hahahaaha interesting ladies!
my false would be the skydiving one...i think most got it right...when i went into the military i had the options of being a computer/radio/satellite repair or being one of the peeps that repaired the gadgets inside of helicopters and possibly airplanes...i was gonna go for the 2nd option but they told me i'd have to learn to repel and possibly jump...no sense in jumping out of a perfectly good copter or plane just for sport lol...i'm sure if i had to i'd learn how quick...besides i'm afraid of heights to an extent...it's weird i can do a zipline or climb a rope bridge or even do the rockclimbing stuff...but i froze and freaked out on the repel tower in my basic training and the post commander had to wave that and sign off on it for me not to do it cuz it was a hazard to my health if i panicked lol...how aweful of me and very embarrasing...it's not really a problem going up...just a problem coming down...i can jump off of a rope swing into the river but can't come down without major anxiety from climbing a tree hahahaha...anyways when i got qualified for my job with radio/computer/satellite repair i ended up having to climb satellite towers every now and then...i just had to suck it up and make sure my harness was good lol...

the truths---- well i had 2 military doctors tell me i'd never have kids...i have 4!!! so i am very blessed...i was on birth control when i got prego with 2 of them...my 1st i was a bit over 3 months prego before i found out because nothing had really changed much from my normal cycles and i had no signs...in fact i lost a little weight the 1st 3 months which the doc told me was normal...i was on patrol duty on a tall hill (to me it would have been a small mountain or foothill lol since i'm from AL, but it really wasn't a mountain), up to my knees in snow with all my gear on and passed out and rolled down the hill...when doc's checked me out they couldnt find a thing wrong so did tests and i was prego!!!!...i was on bc to keep my cycle straight and the bc didn't work cuz i was also on infection meds...me thinking i couldn't have kids didn't think about that and docs didn't think to tell me infection meds would interfere with bc lol

2nd truth...i have always dreamed of writing for Nat Geo...loved writing and loved exploring and traveling and altho i didn't care much for history classes in school i found what i could learn on my own in history amazing...never have had the money to really travel so hoped i could get a job doing what i loved and write my way into traveling lol...didn't turn out that way but i'm happy with my life...also loved Guns N Roses and Metallica and while some of their lyrics are aweful some of them have a good meaning to me...so wanted to write for them strictly out of that teenage fantasy/moodiness lol...probably a good thing i ended up not being able to do so now that i look back on my life :)

oh and sorry i get so long winded! i am enjoying getting to know all my gw friends in this way...NONE of you ladies are ever boring to me :)

Posted by gardenofeden777 8a central Louisiana (My Page) on Mon, Jan 14, 13 at 0:47

Wow, I am so glad that I'm feeling a bit better to come and say hi! I started reading at the top and read all the way down. How nice to get to know you all better!
I know that I didn't join in this swap or last months but hope it's o.k. if I still answer the questions and tell my story too. O.K. well I won't repeat what you guys already knew about my sickness & recovery. But here is a bit about it that I didn't say...

Although this isn't a fact in stone just my opinion (on the cause)

I have lived in the country all my life and the crop dusters dump
their poisons all over everywhere as people have homes next to fields the wind carries that stuff. When I was 12 (I'm 38 now) I started developing strange health issues. When I was 16 they were very evident. When I was 25 I began having seizures, was in a wheelchair, in and out of a normal state of mind. Lost the ability to read, didn't know my family. It was dreadful! What a trooper my husband is! May 7 of this year made 8 years that I have been seizure free (no meds, that stuff is just about the devil incarnate itself). MS was what I was diagnosed with. My Mom tells me that when I was a baby that when the crop dusters would dust the crops all around us that I would be sick to my stomach and vomiting the entire day afterwards. I believe there is a connection between the 2 if not the cause. My Mom also has MS. I strongly believe that chemicals are causing all sorts of maladies with people, bees & animals. People do not believe me when I tell them I believe that so many diseases are caused by the poisons that we've created and that we are to blame for so many diseases afflicting us. As a kid we played in the fields bare footed!

I live nowhere near fields and if all of a sudden the hundreds of acres of woods around me were turned into fields well I would rather be homeless under a bridge than to ever live anywhere near crop dusting planes again! lol

However since my b-day was in Dec. that's the only thing that has changed I'm now 39. Well, that and I started having seizures again back in Nov. (sighs) I was soooo looking forward to making the 9 year mark to dang it.

Q. # 1 That I am outgoing, I am not and I struggle with being an introvert as well. #1 because I can't remember people. In town I see people that say "Hey Rena', I haven't seen you in forever! How's Roy and the kids?"
I swear I have no memory of ever seeing them in my life!
And it happens constantly. When my husband or kids are with me I then ask "Who was that? And where do I "know them from?"
So I hate going in public where I run into people that I can't remember at all but who apparently know me pretty well. It is disconcerting to say the least. And how do you say Um sorry but I don't remember you. So I just hug them back and smile like they are my long lost buddy.

Q. #2 (Although I missed the game so I'll just list 3 true things.) 1. I can't stand facades. So I make a point when people want to be my friend I tell them everything negative about me 1st. (Although I am a super-positive person.) I figure skip the pretenses and get right to it if you still like me after then you are my true friend and we can have a true friendship. That way we don't waste each others time if down the road you feel like wow that Rena' is a real ding-bat. lol Right up front you know everything about me.
Ex. I like you because thus and so... Then I counter with 2 things about me that should be improved. You then say well I like that about you, I counter with more truth. So my friends know everything about me the good the bad & the ugly. 2. Even though I reveal everything about myself I never ever ask personal questions of my friends. Period. Because if I'm your friend it's unchangeable, I'm your friend. 3. I am such a one track minded person that when company comes over for dinner and I'm cooking you better not talk to me. lol You'd think my husband would know better by now... The other night I felt well enough to cook (hamburger steaks) and he sat down and served himself, his eyes got as big as golf balls after the 1st bite. lol I forgot ALL seasoning, no salt, no cajun seasoning, no worchestsire nada... The whole time I was trying to cook he was talking a mile a minute. My brain can't be in 2 places at one time. Jeesh, he knows that! Aw well if he forgot he was reminded. lol

Q. #3 The worst was when I couldn't hold conversations with any of my family and not understanding them when they tried to talk to me. The best was when I got better and could play ball with the kids, hug them, talk to them and understand them. Also forever I will remember cleaning the bathrooms for the 1st time since I had gotten better and singing loudly while cleaning the toilet. I promise you've never seen someone as happy as I was cleaning a toilet! lol

Q. #4 Seizures returning after 8 years of zero. But I am unbelievably thankful for the 8 good years just wish it would of lasted 'til death.

Q. #5 The most? That I relish the uniqueness & diversity of my family members and friends personalities & strive to never ever be judgemental of others. Although I am unrelenting with judging myself and forever fall short of my own standards which are ridiculously rigid. And that I am an eternal optimist! (Albeit my husband says my "head is in the clouds.") Hummmmm is he saying I'm an airhead?! lol
The least? Wow, that's a toughie too many to choose just one but let's see ... I create unrealistic goals for myself all the time and always am disappointed when I can't achieve them. Wish that I could be more realistic when setting goals. Also I start things am gung ho in the beginning but then get bored or lose interest or am overwhelmed at the unattainability of the goal. And battle depression as a result.

Anyhoo on the bright side yesterday here was so warm I was in a short sleeve shirt and planted some more bulbs, yes I know they should all already be in the ground (all 400 of them). lol Got about 10 planted... Only 390 (or so) more to go...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! May it be your best year ever!!!

Rena'

Posted by MoonFire 8b (My Page) on Mon, Jan 14, 13 at 1:27

*Hugs Rena*
You inspire me! Just wanted to let you know that...even with life's challenges you're an awesome amazing lady who I'm honored to have met...not to get mushy but your story touches me...Yes all things are possible! and Miracles do happen!...I've seen that many times in my own life, especially through my 16 year old daughter who has faced many battles...however when I see someone else overcome it just reminds me how great life is and is very inspiring...just gives that little extra "umph" or push to go on thru the rough times...thanks for sharing :)

Posted by hazelnutbunny 7A (My Page) on Mon, Jan 14, 13 at 13:04

Wow, very interesting answers! Always nice to find out more about each other. Wonderful idea you had, Margaret! :)
I suppose I should share my false answer as well, so here goes:
I am terrified of water. - This is TRUE. Absolutely terrified. Baths are fine, a swimming pool is pushing it. As long as I can feel the bottom of the pool, I'm OK. But if the water comes up over my thighs, I'm panicking. My hubby dreams of going on a cruise someday...he'll probably have to go without me. LoL! I could never relax with all that water surrounding me! It's not the thought of drowning, it's just the feel of the water. Hard to explain, and certainly irrational! :)
I have a birthmark shaped like africa on my calf. - This is FALSE. I do have a birthmark on my calf (a white one), but it's in the exact shape of AUSTRALIA. Something I didn't realize until we were doing geography in our homeschool and the kids pointed it out.

I have pink princess seat covers in my truck. - This is TRUE. Much to the dismay of my hubby. But he gets filthy when he's working, and we needed to cover the seats for when he uses the truck. The pink princess covers were on clearance, and I LOVE pink, so it worked out pretty well. He's been a good sport about it. :)

Off to round up these kiddos for lunch. It's pretty easy, though. All I have to do is open the fridge.

Comments (55)

• canyonwind
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Katie,

I failed to mention this morning..........what a great idea about the celery. I have never heard to do that. My butt (celery butt that is) is about to dive in to a bit of water. Thanks so much for the awesome tip....so cool!

Tata,

Annie

• earthlydelights
    11 years ago

Congrats Annie...not sure if i ever officially congratulated you.

so who has February to host? do you think we will be doing anything valentine-y? Just trying to get my act together, since I am always late, with good intentions mind you!

where is everyone else...get in here and 'splain yourself.

crappy day today, weather is miserable. no snow, but lots of cold, bone chilling rain. i don't like it at all and would love a new climate.

i have been wintersowing when i get the chance/containers, although today i spent the day making cake batters and baking for an event for tomorrow. i've been stuck on fillings and icing for the later part of the day and i'm sick to my stomach trying them all. oh well, something good will come of all this.

stay warm everyone...spring will be here before we know it!

maryanne

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello, Lovely Ladies-Finally back to you-Life has a way of not allowing me to do the things I really like to do.

What interesting Ladies we are. Just a few remarks to those who have posted here & thanks for posting the ones I missed.

Annie-One we cannot call a fruitcake! What kinds of fruit do you grow & plant? And I didn't even know about Japan having Ice Cream. Sounds like you have had an exciting things going on in your life.

Diane-Served in the military-Thank you so very much. If we love our freedom (which I do so very much) thank a Vet. And heights- I am so very afraid of high places, even high scenes on TV makes my stomach queezy. I also hate small spaces! You have really experienced some exciting things!

Rena-Thanks so much for sharing your story. I am so sorry about the insectisides. My daughter experienced A Traumatic Brain Injury & has Peti-Mal seizures & on medication for them. Like you, her short term memory is nill but long term it is very good.I pray those happening now will also stop for several years as they have before.
    How is the bulb planting going for you?

Melissa-Wonder Woman-You absolutely amaze me with all your love for your family, so many things happening & you just keep carrying on!

Kate-How interesting on the celery information & what beautiful picture of those tomatoes. Can't wait for Maryanne & Annie to let us know how this turns out.I really appreciated all your input.

Margo-I was a little hurt when you changed your name from Margaret! Just kidding, really. Such interesting input from you, also.

Melinda-You have 80,000 stamps. I sure hope you didn't have to lick them all to keep in pages! I praise the Lord for your cancer free report.

Maryanne-Thanks so much for your help. I pray you get that lucky man you are looking for. He will have such a special lady!

I probably forgot someone but I know we still haven't heard from Shirley & if anyone else, please post soon.

Now, for me. I really have lost weight but I am sure it was from stress. Holidays are always hard here with so many things going on.
    Yes, I do shop for stress. Lots of times I buy nothing but I really enjoy looking, especially at the different seasons. It really gets my mind off of what is going on & lots of prayer,which helps most of all!
    Yes, I really went on the road tap dancing when I was in high school during the summer. There were several girls of us & my sister was one of them. Were we any good, you ask. Well, we had sort of a band with us & after one of our routines, they played "I Apologize", if that tells you anything!

This has been such a treat to know & know more about you Lovely Ladies. Thanks so much for sharing. I know the things that have happened to us have made us the lovely ones we are today & I praise the Lord Jesus Christ for knowing that the only things that come into my life is what He allows!
    I am wondering if any of you would be interested in posting your picture on this site so we would have a face with our information? When I talked to Maryanne, she said it is much simpler that it used to be.Maybe she would explain it to us & be the 1st to post her picture! I think that would be a nice way to end this. Blessings, Margaret

When reviewing this, I thought about Kate posting the picture of the celery & tomatoes, so Kate, maybe you would like to be the 1st to post yours. I probably would be able to send a gift to the one that posts 1st.

• kchd
    11 years ago

Yes, GW has made it pretty simple to post photos, now. I think that's great because it enriches so many posts. All you have to do is use the "Image file to upload" field above where you type your text to post a message in the forums. Then find the file on your computer using Windows Explorer. If anyone needs help, feel free to email me.

And here's my photo. You will rarely find me with a bigger grin than when I've just caught a beautiful fish. Here's me, having just landed a big ole brown trout in the middle of nowhere, camping in Montana.

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    11 years ago

What a great picture, Kate. Now we have a photo to go with your information. Is that your long hair in back of your arm & down your back? You are such a lovely lady! Let's keep them coming! Blessings, Margaret

• kchd
    11 years ago

Yes, that is my looong hair. It is not so long now, though, because I cut a foot off in July and donated it to the Locks of Love charity. They make wigs for kids with cancer out of hair donations. I think that was my 3rd donation thus far. When my hair is that long, it spends a lot of time braided or up in a bun!

• earthlydelights
    11 years ago

Kate, I do the same thing. I grow my hair out, once it's long enough to donate, I do so and then start over again. This go around, once it gets a little longer, will be about my 10th time. I'm trying to convince my granddaughter to do the same thing. she was dead set against it until she understood where it went, although i don't think she quite comprehends it all (she's 6) but she's trying. how did that fresh caught trout taste? nice size, hope it was a nice dinner!

margaret, i'm going through pix. as soon as i find one without anyone else in it, i'll post.

maryanne

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Hello ladies....so much has happened this week. Sunday I went to take my Mom her dinner and found her on the floor. I called 911 and found out later at the hospital she had a small heart attack and that was what made her fall. Her left hip was broke and her pelvis was fractured. The ambulance took her from our hospital here to Asheville NC. They operated on her hip Monday but said the pelvis would have to heal on its own. They released her from the hospital Thursday and she is now in our local Nursing facility. When they weighed her today she only weighs 90 pounds, not good. My family and I will be there each day to see she eats and does her physical therapy. Please pray for Mom during this trying time.

Shirley

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

February- Margo
    March
    April - Jeanne
    May - Melissa
    June - Shirley
    July - Carol
    August
    September
    October
    November - Melinda
    December - Maryanne

Margo is our hostess for Feb. Anytime you want to get it together Margo we are ready.

Shirley

• smitties
    11 years ago

Was just getting on to post if I could possibly start the February swap soon. I have the idea but my weekend is full with my college son home. :) We take him back on Monday so I will get the post going on Tuesday so be on the look out. I hope we can get some interest going once I post as things sure seem to be moving slow around GW. I wonder if you could help me Shirley on how I would get the graphic of OBF on my post. It is always so attractive but I have no idea how to do it.

On my way to work, good weekend to everyone. Margo

• flowergirl34
    11 years ago

Good morning everyone!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)

Haven't posted in a while and wanted to check in. Love reading through all the posts.

Katie, that is a beautiful picture. Hubby loves the fish!

Shirley, I would love to hostess for October, if that's okay.

Can't wait to see what's in store for Feb.

I have been so busy these last couple of months. The kids came down with the flu in the beginning of Dec. (Taylor was first, followed by Billy) :( Then, 4 days before Christmas I get it! It was awful! I'm so glad I had my shopping done before then. I didn't make it to a single store the whole month of December.

By New Years we were all still so tired we were all in bed by 9.

But, out with the old and in with the new! :) January is looking up.

Taylor has a solo for the Feb. music recital. I'm so proud. She does have a beautiful "set of pipes" on her. And, Billy rec'd a special Star Student and Student of the Month for his pre-school class! WOW! Hubby and I are still in shock about that. He is a tornado at home, and such a polite kid at school...what a transformation.

My girl scout troop is hosting a princess ball for Feb. We've invited 165 girl scouts...and their chaperones! What was I thinking, lol! :)

Have a super day!!
    vina

• earthlydelights
    11 years ago

Shirley, I am so sorry to hear about your mother, I will certainly keep her as well as your family in my prayers.

Vina, I would love, when you have some time, through email to not clog up the boards, if you would give me some information on this scout princess ball. i'd love to present this idea to council and see if we could get something going! thanks in advance.

it's cold here today. collected more containers, they are cut, holed and filled with dirt. now it's time to go through the rest of the seeds and get them wintersown.

Margo, do you have the OBF logo/pic saved? click on it and save it to whereever you save photos on your computer and then when you are ready to start your post, insert the picture. FB makes it really easy to add photos. if you don't have the pic, i'll look through and see if i have it saved somewhere on this computer and send it to you via email.

have a great day everyone!
    Maryanne

• smitties
    11 years ago

Shirley, was rushing through this morning and totally missed your post. I am sorry to hear about your mother and will be praying for her to have a speedy recovery. Your family will be in my prayers as well.

Maryanne, received the pic and it looks pretty easy. I will give it a try on Tuesday. Thanks so much

Margo

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

Shirley, your Mom is in my thoughts...prayers for your family.

Margaret, Oh no.....I technically did not win the TRUE/FALSE game. It is true that I despise fruit. However, I consider lemon and lime Citrus...not fruit. And I have no problem with lemon or lime (love them both), although I would never, never eat a Lemon Pie or a Lime Pie. Actually, Lemon and Lime are Citrus Fruits...so strip me of the TRUE/FALSE title and move me to last place!!!! And the WINNER really is ??????????????????????? So sorry about that! I will send the TRUE WINNER a prize! For some reason, I woke up this morning and this was on my mind!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I need to go water all my fruit and citrus trees.

Happy Saturday to all!

Annie aka Miss Fruitcake

• Melinda Hagen
    11 years ago

Shirley, just wanted to let you know that prayers are being sent for you and your mother! I know how precious mother's are and I will continue to keep her in my prayers!
    I hope everyone had a wonderful day! Was beautiful and in the 60's here!
    Melinda

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Thank you precious friends for praying for my Mom and family. I don't even know how to cook anymore without cooking for her. For the last 4 years I have taken her meals to her. I can see her house from my house and can't stand to think of her not there.

February- Margo
    March
    April - Jeanne
    May - Melissa
    June - Shirley
    July - Carol
    August
    September
    October - Vina
    November - Melinda
    December - Maryanne

Thanks Vina for taking October, so glad to see your post and welcome back. Congratulations to Billy on his accomplishment.

Katie-You are a beautiful young lady and how many young girls would donate their beautiul hair for such a worthy cause. I'm sure you will be rewarded for your kind deed.

Maryanne-My hat is off to you as well for donating your hair. The longer my hair gets the thinner it gets so I keep it shoulder length.

It was the most beautiful day here and I actually got some yard work done. I want to winter sow some seeds and hope to do that tomorrow and next week.

Margo-Hope the logo works for you.

Does anyone in this group have named hens and chicks? I'm looking for some of the newer ones. I saw a Terraium on Pinterest with the hens and chicks and it was beautiful. I have lots of the glass containers and can make them if I find different hens & chicks. I did find a site that sells them but would like to trade for them if possible.

Shirley

• smitties
    11 years ago

Shirley, I have a couple of named hen and chicks out in the garden but the weather prohibits me from going out to check. Some were just planted last year. I know I have a spider web type. I am not sure when I would be able to get outside and if you are looking for something now, no can do. :) Would have to wait til spring.

My heart goes out to you with your mom. It is wonderful you have that relationship with her. I am sure she will be back home in no time.

Margo

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Margo-Let me know when you find them. LOL Out winter has not gotten that bad yet but I hear the temps are dropping this coming week, not looking forward to.

Shirley

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

I had not stopped in for awhile but I did today; and Shirley, I am so sorry to hear about yor mother's injuries and health problems. I'm hoping she will recover soon and completely.
    Jeanne

• Melinda Hagen
    11 years ago

Here's my pic of me and my dgt. Not sure if have any newer ones with just myself! I would love to see some more pics of everyone! I love the pic of you Kate!

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Good morning-I am so pleased with the photo's & really encourage the rest of us to send ours in. Two lovely's from Melinda.Such a great resembleness of you. Aren't daughters wonderful?

I am thinking of waiting ubtil all are in before mine. Perhaps that will encourage all of you who want to a 77 year old lady!

Shirley-I am so sorry about your Mother & Have been praying for all involved. Please know I care & I will continue to lift you to the Throne. Isn't it wonderful we have someone to comfort us at times like these.

Looking forward to Margo's post tomorrow & would love it if all got busy with those poto's so we could close this swap.

In regard to Annie's post I will let all know what is happening with that soon. Thanks & Blessings, Margaret

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    11 years ago

How's that for poor spelling & so many errors in my post. I hit the "Submit" button instead of the "Preview" botton. Another "Sometimers" committed. Sorry. Margaret

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago
  • Melinda Hagen
    11 years ago

Great family pic, Shirley! Can't wait to see everyone else's pictures! Hope all have a great day!

• kchd
    11 years ago

Melinda & Shirley -
    Both of you lovely ladies have beautiful families! I love to see the smiling faces :) Keep 'em coming!

And Shirley, so sorry to hear about your mom. Hope she makes a remarkable recovery. I'm very close to my own mom, and couldn't have asked for a better one.

Maryanne, although I do LOVE to eat those fresh caught trout cooked over a campfire, I did not eat that particular trout. I let 'em go. He was too big & beautiful :)

Katie

This post was edited by kchd on Tue, Jan 22, 13 at 9:06

• smitties
    11 years ago

Happy cold Tuesday. I am trying to get the OBF pic in my computer. I have been able to download it but then can't find it so am waiting for my husband to come home to help. If he can't do it I will then post the February swap without it. Would prefer to use it.

See you soon, Margo

• smitties
    11 years ago

http://s19.postimage.org/93mawn5ab/Our_Bloomin_Friends_Logo_Green.jpg

Katie has contacted me with a possible help for me so this is a test for the February Swap. Let's see if I can do it. If not, I will keep trying so have patience with my future Tests if needed. LOL

Margo

• smitties
    11 years ago

and it didn't work. will keep trying.

• smitties
    11 years ago

and test

• kchd
    11 years ago

Whoohoo, Margo!

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Yeah Margo...you did it

• smitties
    11 years ago

Thanks Katie for your help.

Tried to post a picture of my family at my daughter's wedding (actually tried on the wrong swap first) but it said it was too big. Am posting another from her rehearsal dinner. It is myself, hubby, my daughter and son in law. Not my favorite but I don't like my picture taken so we don't have many. LOL

Talked to my daughter and she wants to join Weight Watchers and since I was once a lifetime member, I am going to go back after putting 20 pounds back on. I think since I originally lost 47, it shouldn't be too hard to get off the 20. I just let things get out of hand.

Cold and blowing today. Light snow flurries but no accumulation. Staying tucked in the house today.

Margo

• Melinda Hagen
    11 years ago

Good picture! Nice to see who is who, esp. since you've saw there posts or talked to them online a time or two. Margo, I think you sent me my first box from Planttraders when I joined and was friends with Ginny! I sure miss her!
    Melinda

• earthlydelights
    11 years ago

hello all you lovelies....so nice to put a face to the names. some i already know, from facebook, others, well, what a pleasure to meet "you". so here goes. i had to crop out a friend, and then i couldn't shrink the page.

katie, i would have eaten him. my son is a catch and release. i'm a catch and eat!!!! all in all, a beautiful fish. sure he would have tasted great straight from the waters.

come on everyone, let's get those pix posted. and margaret, no waiting until the end - your idea, you should go first!!!!!!

sooo cold here, today is the coldest, i hope. feels even worse i guess because i'm on those blood thinners. it gets right to the bones! i have to admit though, i love the look of all the winter sown containers covered by snow. i am however so looking forward to spring - for now, i'll just continue winter sowing and dreaming.

take care everyone!
    maryanne

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Another great picture. Thanks so much, Margo. You are all so good looking! Come on Ladies. Let's get this over with. Blessings, Margaret

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello, Again. I just talked to Maryanne & we decided to allow this swap to stand as is. Annie will be the winner as I redid the numbers eliminating all of Annie's answers everyone else put in & that is the best solution. This has been so great to get to know all of you & I do hope the rest of you will send your pictures in.

When I talked to Maryanne, she said it was only fair for me to post mine now since I started it all! I will try to do that now. This was taken 5 or so years ago, I don't remember just when but I do know my DH told me I looked fat in it!

Hope it shows up! Blessings, Margaret

• Melinda Hagen
    11 years ago

Love the new pics! Great to put face to everyone!

• smitties
    11 years ago

Such lovely garden ladies. Thanks to all who shared.

So cold again today. It is affecting our business at the gift shop too.

To those of you who have not seen the post, I have started our February swap. I am making it light and easy so stop on by and sign up.

Margo

• kchd
    11 years ago

Love the photos, Margo, Maryanne, and Margaret (hahaha, the 3 MMM's)! It's great to put a face with a name, and all 3 of you look like warm & friendly, smiling cheery faces to me!!

Now where are the rest of you?! ;)

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Margo, Melinda, Maryanne & Margaret-Great pictures. I had what everyone looked like all wrong. I talk to people on the phone at work and picture what they look like...when I meet them I am always wrong as well. Gardening definetely keeps you ladies young.

Update on Mom....she was in rare form today. Her mind was way out there so hope she's not getting dementia. She is doing well with her physical therapy though. She is sharing a room with a sweet little lady that tells me everything she did during the day. The nursing home called me today and said they could move her in the room with her sister (who is at the nursing home) since the lady she was sharing a room with went home. I'm thinking I like her roommate that tells me everything going on. Hummmm

Shirley

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

OK ladies....here I am with my beloved Germans. Klaus is on the left and my Lizzie Rose is on the right. Lizzie Rose passed away this past year but she is still here in spirit!

Annie Miss Fruitcake

• Melinda Hagen
    11 years ago

Love this pic! No one looks like I thought they would, but all are beautiful! So nice to see what everyone looks like. Beautiful dogs also!

• smitties
    11 years ago

Annie, beautiful dogs and so sorry about your loss Lizzie Rose.

Why is it we conjure up pictures in our heads of members based on their name? It is funny and what is funnier, my conjured up pictures are nothing like the real people.

Margo

• earthlydelights
    11 years ago

Good morning!

I too try to visualize people and it rarely, if ever, works out. it is nice to put faces to names.

Shirley, still thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. i know that's your daughter, brittney and dawson -- who are the others (inquiring nosey minds want to know) and as for your mom, you never know what the next roommate may be, perhaps you can hold off on the move until you see what comes in LOL, however, I think I'd want to be with my own and her secrets kept!!!!

annie your dogs are beautiful, as are you. my aunt and uncle, for as long as i can remember, were the first home for service dogs until they were ready to go into training. they had several different dogs from what i recall. sorry about your lizzie...i know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet. my next dog is going to be a shepherd, but it's been decided that we will only have one dog at a time now, so I have to wait my turn. (we'll see)

i made an anniversary cake for a group i belong to, it was our 7 year anniversary so i made this massive cake. i filled it with alternating layers of buttercream and lemon curd, and dang, if it was not tasty. I was able to take a slice home for the family to taste and seriously wish there had been more leftover, would have made a nice breakfast!!!! a real nice combination, even though it started out that i was going to use raspberry as well...i just couldn't get enough to cook them down to make a nice sauce/filling.

it's still so cold and seems to be staying that way until at least next week, when it's supposed to go to the high 40's, with rain. by then, i'll think it's summer. this cold is bone chilling and of course, they are calling for more snow. we haven't got much of it, but.....this year it is bothering me like mad! i shouldn't complain, there are parts of the country that are in the negatives, so i'll just keep my mouth shut on this subject any further!

so whose left to post their pic? come out. come out whereever you are! speaking of which, jeanne, how are those triplets of late?

is mary ellen still a part of this group? i feel like i haven't seen her in a long time...maybe since she became a grandmom, or right before that?

hae a nice thursday!
    maryanne

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Maryanne I didn't say who everyone was did I?
    Yes Brittney (My precious GD is in the picture and here she is with her boyfriend Hunter.)

This is My Son Steve and his soon to be wife Tracey

This is My Daughter Sheila, Brittney again and Dawson

My Son-In-Law and of course Eddie were also in the picture.

Hunter asked Brittney to marry him Christmas and she said yes. The wedding will be June 1st. I hope my flowers do well this year because I have to provide them for my Nephew's wedding in May and Brittney's in June. Brittney loves Callas so we will use those for hers.

Shirley

• veeja11
    11 years ago

please go on without me, new computer and can't post pics yet. prayers are with you Shirley.I am 29,pleasingly plump, cute as a bug in lieu of pic

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

Good Morning!

Shirley, you have a reliable spy in your Moms roomie!!! Hoping that each day gets better for your MOM!
    And Brittany is getting married in June! Fantastic!

I'll be darn, my celery butt is sprouting and rooting!!!
    Very cool!

Off to frolic in the rain...

Happy Saturday!

Annie

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Annie-What beautiful German Shepherd dogs...Sorry to hear one is not with you any longer. We owned a German Shepherd years ago and he was so smart. Yes when Mom won't tell us about something all we have to do is ask her roommate....too funny.

Hi Carol - glad you are still holding at 29...LOL

Well you will never guess what I had done today...in fact Sheila and I both had it done, permanent eyeliner. We have talked about it for years so Sheila bought me a gift certificate for Christmas and we did it today. Whew my eyes are so sore and puffy. I need to buy some tinted glasses to wear until the swelling goes down. The bad part is we have to touch them up again in 4 weeks. They say every 6 years you have to do them again, not really permanent if you ask me.

Shirley

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

Margaret, I received my wonderful prize.....a pair of very colorful garden gloves, which I always need. Also in my package was a very Portly Blue Bird wind chime. That is one big bird. He/She is beautiful. Blue Bird arrived intact and so very happy to be here in Southern California. I truly love wind chimes...not one sounds the same!

Thank you so very much Margaret. I so enjoyed learning about my fellow OBF'ERS....very interesting ladies to say the least.

Happy Tuesday!

Annie

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello, Lovely Ladies-I want to thank each of you for your willingness to share about yourselves with this Swap. I know sometimes that isn't easy to do. I really have more questions I would like to ask but I think it is time to move on. Each one of you have a special place in my heart now & I believe all the inputs show that we really are all Lovely Ladies. Blessings, Margaret