Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
highalttransplant

NEW: 3rd Annual I.E. Pick-A-Peck of Peppers Swap

highalttransplant
12 years ago

(Photo courtesy of tsheets)

Okay, I know that the I.E. Totally Tomato Swap is still going on, and this swap is scheduled for March, but I just can't wait to get started with this swap again! Besides, I've been told by some folks that they'd like to get an early start, so that they can get their seeds back in time for this season's crop.

So here are the rules (every swap's gotta have them):

* No deadline on signing up, but ALL seeds must reach me by February 28th. I will do my very best to have them back out by March 5th. That's a full week earlier than last year!

* Seed packets should be labeled as commercial, or harvested/hand collected.

* Seed packets should have minimum 12 - 15 seeds per packet.

* Limit of packets per variety = 3. If you send in more than 3 of a variety, the rest will be considered extras.

This will increase the variety in the swap. More variety sent in = more variety received back : ) If you have something very rare, or in high demand, contact me privately, and I may wave the 3 pack limit for that item.

*** This being my third year to host, I am tweaking the rules a bit. Due to having way too many of certain varieties in the past, I've created a list of peppers that will NOT be accepted in this swap. It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them, but they are very common varieties, that are available at any Walmart or Lowe's, so therefore, not on anyone's wishlist. If you send these in, I will return them to you.

Jalapenos

Cayennes

Habaneros

Cherry Peppers

California Wonder, or any Unnamed Bell Peppers (very few people had Bells on their wishlists at all)

Seed Mixes of any kind

If you have a rare, named variety of one of the items on this list, email me, and I may make an exception.

* Limit of total packs = 40. I've lowered it from 50. Last year I had a couple of folks send in 50 different varieties. Do you know how hard it was to come up with 50 varieties OTHER than the ones they sent in?

* Please put your GW name on the seed packet. This will ensure that you don't receive your own seeds back.

* Include a list of what you are sending in. This will also ensure that you don't receive the same thing you sent in.

* Please include a wishlist, or at least me know if you prefer Sweet/Mild, Hot, Superhot, or a Mix, so that I can send you things you will enjoy, even if I don't have items specifically from your wishlist. You may also indicate if you prefer OP/Heirloom types, or Hybrids. I can't guarantee what you will get back, since it is dependent on what others send in, but I will do my best.

* Commercial seeds should have an expiration date of '11 or '12. If hand collected, they should have been harvested in '10 or '11. Please put this information on the seed packet.

* Canadian GW members are welcome to join, as long as there seeds reach me by the deadline. Since they are unable to post on the Round Robin forum, they will need to email me to sign up.

* And last but not least, please include a return address label, and enough postage, for the return trip. If you are sending cash, remember postal rates went up last week. Also, if you want me to send your package with a delivery confirmation, you need to send enough $ to cover it.

* I will email you privately with my mailing address once you have posted here to sign up for this swap. You must make sure that your GardenWeb profile has your email address listed, and it's visible to other members, so I can contact you.

I apologize if that sounds like a lot of rules, but this will keep the swap fair and fun for everyone.

Let me know if I've forgotten anything.

Your hostess,

Bonnie

Comments (129)

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I received two packages today. That leaves four more in route. Once they are all here, I will start sending them back out.

Here is the list:

* Austinnhanasmom/Deb
    * Jsschrstrcks/Ken
    * Fischer1611
    * Jmj1459/John
    * Violetisme
    * Ruthz
    * Spacetogrow
    * SubruralGirl
    * Sandysgardens
    Sorellina/Julianna (in route)
    * Carsons_mimi/Lynn
    * Ralleia
    * Gardenerz
    * Comary
    * Ricjo22
    * Dirtdaddy
    * Julia42
    * David8n
    * Simsedward
    * BigDan1
    * Fanatic79
    NancyPlants
    John11840

• violetisme
    12 years ago

Hi Bonnie,

I just want to thank you again for setting up this really cool swap! This is the first one I've ever participated in, and I'm so excited about receiving the seeds.

I really appreciate all your hard work!

Have a great day. =)

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

You're welcome, Violetisme! I really do enjoy being able to fulfill people's wishes. Plus, I always learn a lot each time I host this swap. The number of varieties out there is mind boggling!

Received one package today, and Ralleia your postage arrived.

Here is the list:

* Austinnhanasmom/Deb
    * Jsschrstrcks/Ken
    * Fischer1611
    * Jmj1459/John
    * Violetisme
    * Ruthz
    * Spacetogrow
    * SubruralGirl
    * Sandysgardens
    Sorellina/Julianna (in route)
    * Carsons_mimi/Lynn
    * Ralleia
    * Gardenerz
    * Comary
    * Ricjo22
    * Dirtdaddy
    * Julia42
    * David8n
    * Simsedward
    * BigDan1
    * Fanatic79
    * NancyPlants
    John11840

Now to try and figure out how to print labels off the computer. It's sad how technologically challenged I am.

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

No envelopes related to this swap today, but I have been working just about round-the-clock on this swap the past couple of days.

I have labeled and bagged up the following:

From Smokemaster's donation - around 140 packs of seeds

From Elkwc's (from the RMG forum) donation - about 60 packs of some nice NuMex varieties

From my own stash of saved and purchased seeds - right at 90 packs of seeds

I know this seems like a huge number of packs in addition to what's being sent in by all of the participants, but this is what it takes to make up for the overwhelming number of common items, such as Sweet Banana, Hungarian Hot Wax, and Anaheims that are sent in. Don't get me wrong, there have been lots of really cool varieties sent in too, but when people are new to growing peppers, the common varieties are all they have.

So as a result, next year I will instate a NEWBIE RULE. Anyone just getting started will be welcome to join the swaps, but instead of having them send in the common stuff that most newbies have, I'll have them send in just the bubble mailer, return address label, and plenty of stamps and baggies, along with a wishlist, but NO SEEDS. Between donations and my own stash, I'll be able to send them a nice variety without me getting stuck with tons of seeds that nobody else wants.

Anyway, once the last couple of envelopes arrive, I can finish sorting the seeds. I won't have any time to work on them tomorrow, and tomorrow night, I'm having a much needed "ladies night," but I'll do my best to start shipping the packages back out on Monday.

Oh, one more thing. Deb/Austinnhanasmom, who's hosting the tomato swap, got a big surprise when she went to mail the packages back out. The postal service informed her as part of the new price changes, bubble envelopes are now being charged as parcels rather than large envelopes. This means that the number of stamps used to mail your envelope to me, may not be enough to get it back home. I always go in and have them weighed, so I'll know before it goes out, and hopefully no one's package will arrive with a ransom note.

Bonnie

• NancyPlants
    12 years ago

I posted this on the tomato swap thread but thought it might be helpful here as well:

According to the current national guidelines, bubble envelopes continue to be considered 'large envelopes', NOT 'parcel' as long as they fit within the following criteria:

less than 15x12x3/4 inch
    flexible
    less than 1oz (each additional oz will cost 20cents)
    As long as the envie meets the criteria, the postage will be 90 cents (2 forever stamps)

I spoke with a rep on the national PO customer service line yesterday. She confirmed the dimentions and criteria for 'large envelope' rates as mentioned above.
    She also added that there cant be more than 1/4 inch change in thickness. Meaning one end cant be 3/4 inch and the other end 1/4 inch...basically no lumps... taping down the packets like corrine mentioned.

She seemed quite suprised that any PO would be charging 'parcel' rates for bubble envies meeting the criteria, stating 'This is a National guideline and should not decided on locally...this should NEVER happen'.

She also said that once a (sending) PO has accepted/approved postage, another (receiving) PO cant decide its not sufficient.

She recommended for anyone that is told by a PO that their bubble envie (meeting the criteria) is considered a 'parcel' and will be charged the $1.95 should take a copy of the guidelines with them and ask to speak with a supervisor. If the matter isnt corrected, report them.
    Here is the #
    800-275-8777
    prompt 6
    then prompt 4

I know other members have been on this bandwagon for a long time. Its just a shame that some POs cant get it right...according to their OWN guidelines.

• sandysgardens
    12 years ago

My post office is using the $1.95 as much as they can and I don't like it either.

Bonnie - I added a bit more postage $ when I sent in, so please use on other envy'a that may need a bit more postage.

To not get worked up about the postage rates, I remind myself that I can't go to the store or buy on-line over 40+ varieties of seeds for $4.00(round trip). Shoot I'd hate to see what 40 varieties would actually cost, especially when some of them are rarer and more costly. So with that said, Thanks everyone (swappers and donators) who sent seeds in, I'm sure we all will be happy with what we get from Bonnie for the postage it costs.

• austinnhanasmom
    12 years ago

B - since I do not need any more seeds ( ;-) ), I am happy with you using all of my stamps to send seeds to someone new to this.

What a mess the postage has become on the tomato swap, but I totally agree with Sandy - no way could we acquire such great seeds for a few dollars. However, if someone was thinking their envie/package (UGH) would cost 2 or 3 stamps, an additional $1.00+ bill could overshadow the seeds inside!

And if I could (which I can't - DH laid down the law) host the tomato swap again, I would try that newbie rule as well. Maybe limit the quantity of same varieties as well. Trudi's going to get a boat load of seeds this year from me!

Thanks Bonnie! I feel your pain! And appreciate all the work.

• Lesuko
    12 years ago

Hi Bonnie,

I am a "newbie" to gardening, and wanted to say that this swap is awesome and that I would have been one to have submitted Anaheim or jalapenos.

This year I had wanted to try starting seeds for peppers and tomatoes and am on this forum for some good ideas for ones that can handle front range weather. Would if be possible to post a list of the non-newbie varieties so I can start researching whether they will work for zone 5?

I was told, and after 2 years of failure believe, that bell peppers or thick-walled peppers dont do well here. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Also, this is my first time germinating from seed. We do not have a window that gets enough sun so we bought a small grow light. I was thinking of using a heat pad to start the seeds and then moving them under the light to continue growing. Would anyone be able to comment on this? I've read mixed results on seed starting soil and the peat moss cups (?) I've probably researched this for 15 hrs already but as my local garden shop "mentor" keeps saying to me- "Leslie, don't take it personally", I still do.

Bonnie- next year I could definitely help. I'm in Boulder.
    Thanks!

• austinnhanasmom
    12 years ago

Lesuko -

I am on the front range as well and have never successfully grown bell peppers. I decided, after much frustration, that I could buy these and now focus on the peppers that are harder to buy.

What I did this year was bleach my pepper seeds prior to germinating. In my past, many of the harder to germinate seeds have formed a mold before sprouting - which just makes me want to cry. This year, after the bleaching process, I had 140 of 150 varieties sprout! And many had very poor germination results noted on the packet. I had great results. Another thing that I noticed was many seeds floated, but have sprouted. I'm not sure they'll become healthy plants, but they look good so far. So, I'm thinking that in the future, I'll not give up on pepper seeds that float.

I find that my peppers and tomatoes need to be started early.

To sprout, I place the seeds in a moistened paper towel and put this in a ziplock baggie. I then put the baggies on a heat tray. Sometimes, these trays can get too warm, so this year I placed something between the tray bottom and the baggies - cotton towels work but may prevent enough heat from getting to the peppers. I add a dome top to create more warmth. Peppers definitely need warmth. I tried to sprout in a warm room, to no avail. Check daily or every other day - and mist the towel to keep moist. When I see the tap root, I transfer to a grow cube, under lights. Once the seedling shows decent top growth, I move the grow cube to seed starting mix. I have had luck directly sowing tomato seeds to the seed starting mix. My peppers seem to require more coddling. Once the seedlings are established in the soil, I have SO many that some end up near windows. The ones near the windows tend to grow tall and leggy - due to lack of light.

I hope this helps.

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

STATUS REPORT:

All packages have now been received!!!

Almost half of the envelopes have been refilled, but I won't seal any of them up until I'm done. Once the refilling is done, I will look at what's left and hopefully be able to add some more extras to everyone's package.

Bonnie

P.S. Deb, I already have quite a few things set aside for you, so you WILL be getting a package back, whether you like it or not, LOL! : )

• elkwc
    12 years ago

I sent Bonnie a few extra seeds to give away. This evening the original source of several of the varieties I sent Bonnie sent me a picture of the new world record Big Jim Chile. Thought this might be of interest to some on this forum. I'll post a link to his site and just scroll down and you will find it. Jay

Here is a link that might be useful: Chile Seeds USA

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Jay!!! I'm growing a couple of Big Jim's and a couple of Joe's Long (aka Whippet's Tail) this year to see if I can break the world record. Haha! Well, it will be fun trying anyway!

BTW, Jay, did you see that so far I've bagged up over 60 packets from the seeds you sent in? Thank you so much for your generosity!

I am currently filling the last of the envelopes, and then will work on sorting all the leftovers, that weren't on anyone's wishlists. That could take a little while. I'll check back in tomorrow and let you guys know where things stand. Just know that I am working hard to get your packages back out as quickly as I possibly can.

Thanks for your patience,
    Bonnie

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The sorting is complete!!!!!!!!!!

All packages have extras, unless you specifically asked to receive less back than you sent in.

As expected there was quite a few packets leftover after the sorting and wishlist filling was done. I am posted a "last call" list. In order to get the packages out, this offer is only good until the end of the day tomorrow. As soon as I hear from you, I'll add any items you would like off this list, and seal your package up for shipping. Remember, this list is being posted on more than one forum, and it's first come first served, so it's possible your selections might already be spoken for. So here it is:

LAST CALL LIST:

Aconcagua x 2
    Aji Dulce
    Aji Rojo
    Anaheim x 8
    Ancho x 4
    Atris Hybrid (Sweet)
    Aurora (ornamental)
    Big Red (bell)
    Bhut Joloki x 20
    Black Pearl x 5
    Cascabel x 3
    Chile de Arbol x 3
    Chile Negro x 2
    Chilly Chile (ornamental)
    Chinese Giant (bell) x 2
    Corno di Toro (5 red, 1 yell.)
    Cubanelle x 5
    Fajita Hybrid x 2
    Fiesta (ornamental)
    Flexum Hybrid (sweet)
    Giant Marconi Hybrid x 2
    Holiday Time (ornmental) x 2
    Holy Mole Hybrid x 2
    Hungarian Wax x 3
    Indian Jwala x 2
    Jalapeno Gigante
    Large Red Cherry
    Melrose
    NuMex Twilight
    Peperone Lombardo x 2
    Peter Pepper x 2
    Pimento L x 2
    Puprle Beauty
    Puya/Pulla x 2
    Red Marconi x 2
    Robustini Hybrid
    Serrano x 3
    Sheepnose Pimento x 4
    Sweet Banana x 12
    Sweet Chocolate
    Sweet Havana Hyb.
    Thai Hot
    Thai Long
    Tobasco
    Thai Bird
    Tomato Pepper

If you asked for any of these items on your wishlist, than they are already in your package.

Also, there are some peppers that Smokemaster sent in that have a number, instead of a name. These are the same ones as last year, so if you received them, and grew them out, I would love to hear about it.

Pl 260250 (baccatum)
    Pl 38638 Very Hot
    CO 4548
    TC 07246

Please post here, or email me if you are interested in them.

• fischer1611
    12 years ago

Sent you a PM

• jmj1459
    12 years ago

I'm interested in any of the Aji's or Marconi's if they aren't spoken for.

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi John! The Aji's are gone, but I put the Marconi's in your package.

UPDATED LAST CALL LIST:

Aconcagua x 2
    Anaheim x 8
    Ancho x 4
    Atris Hybrid (Sweet)
    Aurora (ornamental)
    Big Red (bell)
    Bhut Joloki x 20
    Black Pearl x 4
    Cascabel x 3
    Chile de Arbol x 3
    Chinese Giant (bell) x 2
    Corno di Toro (5 red, 1 yell.)
    Cubanelle x 5
    Fajita Hybrid x 2
    Fiesta (ornamental)
    Flexum Hybrid (sweet)
    Giant Marconi Hybrid
    Holy Mole Hybrid
    Hungarian Wax x 3
    Indian Jwala
    Jalapeno Gigante
    Large Red Cherry
    NuMex Twilight
    Peperone Lombardo x 2
    Peter Pepper
    Pimento L x 2
    Puprle Beauty
    Puya/Pulla x 2
    Red Marconi
    Robustini Hybrid
    Serrano x 2
    Sheepnose Pimento x 4
    Sweet Banana x 12
    Sweet Havana Hyb.
    Thai Hot
    Thai Long
    Tobasco
    Thai Bird
    Tomato Pepper

Pl 260250 (baccatum)
    Pl 438638 Very Hot
    CO 4548
    TC 07246

Got run pick kids up from school, but I'll check back in later this afternoon.

• FANATIC79
    12 years ago

I would be interested in all listed below. If available

Black Pearl
    Pl 260250 (baccatum)
    Pl 438638 Very Hot
    CO 4548
    TC 07246
    Indian Jwala
    Jalapeno Gigante
    Thai Bird
    Chile de Arbol

Thanks for all you hard work and dedication to us pepper addicts.

FANATIC79

• julia42
    12 years ago

I'd be interested in any of the following that are still available:
    Corno di Toro Red
    Indian Jwala
    Sweet Chocolate
    Black Pearl

Thanks!

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Fanatic79, your selections have been added to your envelope.

I'll be gone for most of the evening, but I'll post an updated list when I get home.

• jsschrstrcks
    12 years ago

I'm interested in these if still available.

Thai Bird
    Thai Long
    Peter
    pulla
    jwala

I think I mailed you on THP as well... Just wanted to make sure you get the info :)

• spacetogrow
    12 years ago

If they're still available, I would love to have

Corno di Toro yellow
    Peperone Lombardo
    Red Marconi
    Tomato pepper

I hope you get a full night's sleep very soon. Thank you for all the thought and effort!

• austinnhanasmom
    12 years ago

My Cubanelle's failed to sprout. I'll take one!

Thanks Bonnie!

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Julia, the Sweet Chocolate is gone. The following are being added to your package:

Corno di Toro Rosso
    Indian Jwala
    Black Pearl

Ken/Jsschrstrcks, the Indian Jwala is already in your package, and the Thai Bird is already gone. The following are being added to your package:

Thai Long
    Peter Red
    Pulla

Spacetogrow, the Tomato Pepper is already gone. The following are being added to your package:

Corno di Toro Gallo (yellow)
    Peperone Lombardo
    Red Marconi

Deb, the Cubanelle had been added to your package.

I'll be mailing out all the packages tomorrow for those that have already made their selections from the "Last Call" list. The rest will go out on Wednesday.

Here is what is left:

Aconcagua x 2
    Anaheim x 7
    Ancho x 3
    Atris Hybrid (Sweet)
    Aurora (ornamental)
    Big Red (bell)
    Bhut Joloki x 19
    Black Pearl
    Cascabel x 3
    Chile de Arbol x 3
    Chinese Giant (bell) x 2
    Corno di Toro (3 red)
    Cubanelle x 4
    Fajita Hybrid x 2
    Fiesta (ornamental)
    Flexum Hybrid (sweet)
    Giant Marconi Hybrid
    Holy Mole Hybrid
    Hungarian Wax x 3
    Large Red Cherry
    NuMex Twilight
    Pimento L
    Puya/Pulla
    Red Marconi
    Robustini Hybrid
    Serrano x 2
    Sheepnose Pimento x 3
    Sweet Banana x 12
    Sweet Havana Hyb.
    Thai Hot
    Tobasco

Pl 260250 (baccatum)
    Pl 438638 Very Hot
    CO 4548
    TC 07246

• violetisme
    12 years ago

Hi Bonnie,

If available, I'd love to get these:

Puya
    Chile de arbol
    Hungarian Wax

Thanks!

• NancyPlants
    12 years ago

If any of these are still available, I'd love to try them :)
    Aconcagua
    Cubanelle
    Large Red Cherry
    Puya
    Sweet Banana
    Red Marconi
    Pl 260250 (baccatum)
    Pl 438638 Very Hot
    CO 4548
    TC 07246

• david8n
    12 years ago

I would take some
    aconcagua
    sweet bannana
    Tobasco

if there is any thanks for all your hard work

• carsons_mimi
    12 years ago

Bonnie,

If these are still available, I'd like to try the following:

Aconcagua
    Atris Hybrid (Sweet)
    Corno di Toro (red)
    Cubanelle
    Flexum Hybrid (sweet)
    Sheepnose Pimento

Thanks for the last minute offerings!

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Violetisme, NancyPlants, and David8n ALL of your requested items were added to your envelopes.

I went to the post office in my town to mail envelopes today, and gave her the thinnest one first. She tried to charge me $1.95, so I gave her a copy of the information that Nancy had posted, and she wouldn't even listen to me. She kept shaking her head, saying she didn't know who I talked to, but it wouldn't fit through her machine. She didn't even try to measure the thickness with their little cardboard guide. I'm ashamed to admit, I lost my cool a bit. Took the "package" back, and told her I would go to the post office in the next town where they don't overcharge me! So I did. Gave the guy the same envelope, and he told me it would be $.90!!!! He weighed and measured every single envelope, so no one should get a postage due note from their post office.

There were a couple of envelopes with extra stamps. I apologize that I did not send those back. I put the postage from everyone together in one baggie, and sealed all the envelopes before going to the post office. That way all I have to do is add the required # of stamps as the clerk weighs and measures them.

Here is a list of who's package went out today:

Jmj1459
    Fischer1611
    Jsschrstrcks
    Violetisme
    NancyPlants
    David8n
    Austinnhanasmom
    Fanatic79
    Spacetogrow
    Julia42

Please either post here, or send me an email when it arrives, so that I know it got there okay.

Thanks,
    Bonnie

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Lynn, I just now saw your post. The Aconcagua is gone, but I will add the following to your envelope:

Atris Hybrid
    Corno de Torro
    Cubanelle
    Flexum Hyb.
    Sheepnose Pimento

Here is what is left:

Anaheim x 7
    Ancho x 3
    Aurora (ornamental)
    Big Red (bell)
    Bhut Joloki x 19
    Cascabel x 3
    Chile de Arbol x 2
    Chinese Giant (bell) x 2
    Corno di Toro (3 red)
    Cubanelle
    Fajita Hybrid x 2
    Fiesta (ornamental)
    Giant Marconi Hybrid
    Holy Mole Hybrid
    Hungarian Wax x 2
    NuMex Twilight
    Pimento L
    Robustini Hybrid
    Serrano x 2
    Sheepnose Pimento x 2
    Sweet Banana x 10
    Sweet Havana Hyb.
    Thai Hot

Pl 260250 (baccatum)
    Pl 438638 Very Hot
    CO 4548
    TC 07246

Remember last call ends at the end of the day today. Then, all remaining packages will be shipped out.

Thanks,
    Bonnie

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I just realized in my hurry to get the envelopes ready to mail, that I forgot to include a handwritten thank you in the first batch that went out. I apologize, and want everyone to know how much I appreciate you being a part of this swap. It is not possible without each of you. I hope that everyone had fun, and receives back items that they will enjoy growing.

Also, big thanks go out to Smokemaster, Romy6, and Elkwc for their generous donations!!! You guys are AWESOME!!!

Your hostess,
    Bonnie

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

LAST CALL IS OVER!!!

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Just returned from the post office. The following people's envelopes were mailed this morning:

Ruthz
    SubruralGirl
    Carsons_mimi
    Ralleia
    Gardenerz
    Comary
    Ricjo22
    Dirtdaddy
    Simsedward
    BigDan1

The last two, Sandysgardens and Sorellina's, will go out this afternoon. I tried to finish them all last night, but I hit a wall, figuratively speaking, and had to go to bed.

Please let me know when your package arrives.

Thanks for joining!

Bonnie

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The last of the packages went out:

Sandysgardens
    Sorellina
    John11840

... and one came back.

Violetisme, I'm very sorry, but somehow I either didn't get the return address label on there, or it fell off. I will resend tomorrow. I apologize for the delay.

• austinnhanasmom
    12 years ago

Mine arrived today - WOW - is my first impression!

I could plan my 2013 pepper garden just from this envie!

HUGS to ALL - especially Bonnie!!

Happy Gardening!!

I'll be sending extras next year. THANKS again!

• fischer1611
    12 years ago

THANKS BONNIE!!!! thank you to all the contributors!

All arrived in great shape....very very happy with my package!

Those babies are going straight in the warmer :)

• julia42
    12 years ago

I received my package today too! Thanks so much Bonnie - what a great bunch of seeds!! Lots from my wish list and lots I need to research (fun stuff!). Now I just have to figure out which ones I should add to this year's starts!

Thanks also to smokemaster and anyone else who sent donations!!

• jmj1459
    12 years ago

Mine arrived today also. Very nice selection and love the bonus seeds! Thanks Bonnie!

• david8n
    12 years ago

not sure why my posts are not showing up. I got the seeds very very happy thanks Bonnie

• spacetogrow
    12 years ago

I got the seed pack - WAY more varieties than I was expecting! Too many choices; not enough garden!:)

Thank you to all who participated. Thank you to Smokemaster, Romy6 and Elkwc. And especially thank you, thank you, thank you to Bonnie for so much work!

Happy growing.

• comary
    12 years ago

Thank you so much Bonnie - what a wonderful looking selection! Now on to research & make more room by my sunny windows!!

Thank you also to all who participated & contributed! May all your seeds sprout & produce in abundance :-)

• ruthz
    12 years ago

I received my seeds yesterday.
    What a wonderful swap. I received almost everything on my wish list and way more than I sent in.
    Thank you to Bonnie for organizing this swap and all the hard work and great seeds contributed.
    Thank you to Smokemaster, Romy6 and Elkwc for all the bonus seeds, and everyone else that participated.
    I've already sowed all the seeds I had intended to for 2012, but this selection may change my mind.
    I don't want to wait until 2013 to try some of these.

• carsons_mimi
    12 years ago

Bonnie,

I received my package of seeds yesterday and was absolutely blown away by the assortment. You could not have done a better job picking varieties for me especially since I hadn't given you any real specifics as to my want list. Another outstanding job (you've really set the bar pretty high for other swaps)!

Special thanks as well to Smokemaster, Romy6 and Elkwc for their extreme generosity which enhanced our swap. Thank you to all who contributed to the swap. This has been a blast!

Lynn

• dirtdaddy
    12 years ago

Hi Melvin! Seeds arrived today!A nice pick of peppers that I will begin starting next week. Thanks Bonnie, thanks all! dd

• SubruralGirl
    12 years ago

Got my seeds today! Wow! So many I've been dying to try and some I've never heard of. How fun is that! I'm so excited to get planting! Thanks so much for all your hard work. This has been a great swap and I can't wait till next year.

• FANATIC79
    12 years ago

My seeds came yesterday, it was like Christmas. Thank you Bonnie for all the long hours and hard work you put into this swap, not to mention all the bonus and last call seeds. Also Thank you to Smokemaster, Romy6 and Elkwc for sending in donations. I been a garden web / hot pepper forum reader for a few years (finally I registered last month) and have benefited from the above mentioned in pepper knowledge. Happy Growing.

• BigDan1
    12 years ago

Hi Bonnie,
    My Seeds arrived Safe and Sound, Lots of cool varieties which like everyone else has left me with way too little garden space. Thanks to everyone who particpated Hope your garden rocks this year.

• ricjo22
    12 years ago

Bonnie got my seeds today! Excellent selection . Thank you. I am determined to grow at least one of every thing but I think I will need to fill a large collection of giant flower pots I have been hoarding to do it. Ric (ricjo22)

• sandysgardens
    12 years ago

Bonnie,

A wonderful assortment of seeds arrived on Saturday. I'm in Big trouble now, for I already have over 40 varieties that have germiniated; and on Sunday I started a few varieties from the great seeds recieved! I'll be needing to fill quite a few more 5 gallon buckets this spring!!!

As everyone else has stated, 'You really outdid yourself' and it's much appreciated!!!

Wishing Everyone a GREAT PEPPER season this year!!!

Thanks again to Bonnie, Everyone who donated and particpated!!

Sandy

• violetisme
    12 years ago

Hi Bonnie,

I just got my seeds and WOW, I'm in heaven right now! =) I never expected to get all of my wishlist varieties, plus all those extra bonuses. Thank you SO much!!!! I'm so happy. =)

A big thank you to Smokemaster, Romy6 and Elkwc for sending in all those bonus seeds. I was a recipient of a lot of them and I'm thrilled to try them out!

Thanks again!

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Swappers!

Sorry if I haven't responded, but I have been reading your comments, and keeping track of whose packages have arrived. If you haven't posted yet, you should be receiving and email from me. Just want to be sure the seeds get there safely.

So glad that everyone seems pleased with their selections! I really enjoyed hosting the swap again, but have to admit it has been nice getting back to planting seeds, potting up sprouts, cleaning up the garden beds, etc. Too nice to be inside sorting seeds now : )

Hope to see everyone again next year!!!

Your hostess,
    Bonnie

P.S. Dirtdaddy, since the peppers have been isolated in the guest room, Melvin's been eating my thyme plant instead. There's more in the herb bed though, so I'm not too upset with him.