Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
purpleacres

new: acres tomato & pepper only swap

purpleacres
15 years ago

Howdee,

Spaghetti, Salsa, tomato sauce, chilli, fried green tomatoes, and so much more. I have even seen recipes of cookies and of breads with tomatoes and peppers in them. There are so many varieties of tomatoes and peppers they so deserve there own swap.

This Swap will be only for TOMATOES and PEPPERS only.

Please add one of your favorite tomato or pepper recipes with your mailer.

This swap must receive 10 sign ups before it will be a go.

NOW THE RULES

Tomato or pepper seeds only.

All seeds must be clearly marked and packed correctly. The more info the better.

All seed packages should contain at least 10 seeds.

You will receive at least the amount of packages you send in most likely more..

You must send a wish list if your except to receive certain seeds back.

You must attach the correct amount of postage to the self addressed stamped bubble mailer or address labels and stamps to get the mailer back to you.

Must use bubble mailer. SEEDS CRUSH

You must send your full name on the mailer , mailing address, garden web name and email address on a card or added to your lists. This helps me a lot. Emailing it too me works as well

A list of seeds you sent is recommenced. This helps so you donÂt get your own seeds back..

One person must not send in more than 2 copies of one certain seed.

One person must not send in more than 50 seed packages.

No side trades will be accepted.

all mailers are due at my house by February21st . Packages will be filled in order of arrival.

All mailers will leave my house headed back to you by March 7th

Sorry for all the rules it just makes a better and more organized swap and a lot easier if rules are involved. With only my self doing the swap as much information I can get is the best.

Acres

Please post here if interested and I will email you my postal address if we get 10 people.

We have three maybes please post or email if still interested Kamiljablo, NCgardengirl and the hills.

Comments (56)

• hiddenjungle
    15 years ago

im in, i also have some cucumber seeds i could throw in

• patti1957
    15 years ago

Please sign me up.

Thanks,
    Patti

• thehills2
    15 years ago

Acres - I am in! Thank you for organizing again this year! thehills

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Acres,

Sign me up! I'll post on the squash one that I'm in there too!

Mark

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Oh I have both tomato and pepper seeds...Please sign me up :) Thank you

• plsell
    15 years ago

Sign me up. Thanks

Pat

• yotetrapper
    15 years ago

Ok we have enough here. I'm in as well. Now one of you go sign up on the squash thread so we have enough LOL.

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

Hi! I signed up on the squash swap but would like too send it tomato's & peppers too if its okay? Thanks, Amy

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Howdee

THIS SWAP IS A GO.

Please note that I have no problems having both swaps being shipped in same mailer. Just seperate each swap with bag. so if you send in seeds for both swaps you should send in two wish lists and two seed lists. One for each swap Example one seed list and one wish list for tomato pepper swap and one wish list and one seed list for squash it up swap.

SORRY I dont wish to bump up the amount of single varities sent in. The max 2 packs per variety will help so no one get too many duplicates.

If you have any question please post here so I can keep it straight.

This swap will have a max person sign up of 25 people.

Acres

Acres Tomato & Pepper Swap

1, Opie12

2, Booberry85

3, Kamiljablo

4, Dem_pa

5, Ncgardengirl (maybe)

6, Hiddenjungle

7, Patti1957

8, Thehills2

9, Markcase1964

10, dirtdiggin

11, plsell

12, yotetrapper

13, Amybabyboy3

MAX sign up of 25 people

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Please sign me up. :)

• luvgardening2
    15 years ago

I signed up for the Squash Swap and forgot about this one. Please sign me up! Thanks!

Nancy

• sandysgardens
    15 years ago

Put me down as a participant!!! Off to finish packing up a few more tomato packets and I'll be ready to send!!!

Sandy

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

I'm in!! :)

~Wendy

• joy_unspeakable
    15 years ago

I wanna play. Count me in!
    Tracy

• haymay
    15 years ago

i'd like in on the tomato swap and also on the squash swap

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

ok, I am in here and the squash swap! Christy

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Howdeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Everyone has been emailed. Only 5 more spaces!!!!!

1, Opie12

2, Booberry85

3, Kamiljablo

4, Dem_pa

5, Ncgardengirl (maybe)

6, Hiddenjungle

7, Patti1957

8, Thehills2

9, Markcase1964

10, dirtdiggin

11, plsell

12, yotetrapper

13, Amybabyboy3

14 Southerncharm1

15 luvgardening 2

16 sandygardens2

17 sassybutterfly_2008

18, Joy_unspeakable

19, haymay

20, bonechickchris

Max sign up of 25 people

• strmywthr3
    15 years ago

I'm in! I love your swaps!

• rosieo
    15 years ago

Got room for one more?

• andreaz6wv
    15 years ago

Hi,

I joined the squash swap also. Did I make the cut?

Thanks,
    Andrea

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Hi! I packed up 44 packets of seeds yesterday. I stayed up way past my bedtime! I might have a few more hot peppers seeds somewhere. I need to look through my seeds again.

Recipe huh?! I need to look through my recipes too!

• easttexasgardener
    15 years ago

Scoot over and let me in if there is still room!

Tim

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    15 years ago

easttexasgardener you need to fix your garden web and allow members to contact you :-) so I can send you info for this swap. You are #25 so you are the last one and this swap is closed. Now if you and Rosieo do not contact me there are still two spots open.

so the people in this swap are listed below. The sooner all mailers are in the sooner I can get them out to you. You have until the 14th of Feb. to get them to me BUT if you send them earlier you will get them earlier.

Acres Tomato & Pepper Swap Sign up

1, Opie12

2, Booberry85

3, Kamiljablo

4, Dem_pa

5, Ncgardengirl (maybe)

6, Hiddenjungle

7, Patti1957

8, Thehills2

9, Markcase1964

10, dirtdiggin

11, plsell

12, yotetrapper

13, Amybabyboy3

14 Southerncharm1

15 luvgardening 2

16 sandygardens2

17 sassybutterfly_2008

18, Joy_unspeakable

19, haymay

20, bonechickchris

21, strmywthr3

22, Rosieo NEED INFO

23 Joy_unspeakable

24, Andrea26wv

25, Easttexasgardener NEED INFO

26, my self (purpleacres)

• opie12
    15 years ago

Are the mailers due feb. 21 or feb. 14??? I noticed that the original post said 21, but then the last post said 14......please let me know.

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

I am interested if one of those does not contact you. If not, sorry I missed out.

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    15 years ago

howdee there

This swap is officially closed. Sorry I set my mark at 25 people so I was not whelmed with seeds. There are still a few spots in my Squash it swap if interested.

Opie -- mailers are due the 21st. I think I have the 14th on my brain because that is the day I posted that my acres edible swap mailers will be returned.

EastTexasgardener -- thanks for fixing that members on GW can contact you. It makes it soo much easier for us hosts. Well its easier for me :-)

Gardenmom2-- still room in my Squash it swap :-)

1, Opie12

2, Booberry85

3, Kamiljablo

4, Dem_pa

5, Ncgardengirl (maybe)

6, Hiddenjungle

7, Patti1957

8, Thehills2

9, Markcase1964

10, dirtdiggin

11, plsell

12, yotetrapper

13, Amybabyboy3

14 Southerncharm1

15 luvgardening 2

16 sandygardens2

17 sassybutterfly_2008

18, Joy_unspeakable

19, haymay

20, bonechickchris

21, strmywthr3

22, Rosieo

23 Joy_unspeakable

24, Andrea26wv

25, Easttexasgardener

• kamiljablo
    15 years ago

Oh my goodness!
    Booberry85! you are already sending yours in! I still haven't started packing! Looks like I have to catch up!

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Kamil, they're just packed, I haven't sent them in yet! I still need to make up the list of what I'm sending in and what I want.

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Yay!!! Seeds are on the way :) Stayed up WAY too late last night...just started packing and didn't stop til I was done :)

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Printed the wrong recipe at first, but it uses tomatoes and peppers. So, You'll be getting two recipes! :)

• kamiljablo
    15 years ago

Ah! Dumb Squirrels dumped my winter sowing containers over! Jeese now I gotta start from scratch! Do we have to include a recipe? Cause in my family we never cook tomatoes we eat them raw, and for peppers we only use them in salads. Hopefully I want to maybe try a salsa or maybe a tomato sauce this year! I cant wait to get some kewl tomatoes and peppers!Hmmm can I ask a question? Just for kicks whats your favorite tomato and pepper and why?

Mine is a Pink Oxheart Tomato mainly because I love the texture and its the best for sandwhiches! As for peppers I dont have a favorite....

Kamil

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Kamil, you can do a search on google for tomato or tomato/pepper recipes. See which ones sound good and include one of them. We normally eat tomatoes raw too, but I also like to use fresh tomatoes instead of canned when I have them growing, for sauces and mixed up heated veggies. There are a number of rice dishes and also simple UNCOOKED salads etc recipes you can use tomatoes and peppers in.

Salsa recipes would work. There's a bunch of them online or something you're thinking of doing :) hope it helps. Nothing said it had to be cooked

• joy_unspeakable
    15 years ago

I'm on there twice (#18 and #23). Maybe that frees a space for one more.
    ~joy_unspeakable

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LOL wow Joy I promise I am not blonde.

That does leave room for one more. I would contact Gardenmom2 but She does not have an email attached to her garden web.

Soo there is room for one more or two more if you really want in.

My favorite tomato is prolly chico lll paste becasue its soo prolific and I make tons of sauce and can alot. For eatimg I like Pale perfect purple or black prince.

Also a recipe is not a HAVE TO thing I just thought it might make it fun.

Acres

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Seeds are in the mail! I slept badly last night (my own fault. Too much caffeine in the evening.) I hope everything is in order!

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

i am here. Thanks. I saw you tried to get ahold of me. Myemail is attached now. LOL Sorry. I am glad I got the last spot. YEAHHHHHH. Ok, now i gotta go write down the important stuff like .......

Thanks Nichol

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

Acres,
    My seeds are on the way. Have a great weekend! Amy

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow ready already goodness some people have been busy.

We have 25 people in this swap now with gardenmom2 joining us welcome :-)

So sign ups for this swap are closed unless you beg really hard ..lol

Acres

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

K I am actually IN, I think I forgot to confirm that Tracy, I am sorry...yeah we both must have blonde roots....hehe
    I WAS actaully born a blonde but as I got older it turned brown....yeah really it did, but I think the brain still sees blonde!

:) Fran

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Fran---- I am pretty sure I actually told you that you had to be in. lol Im such a tuffy. Glad you realized you where in dear. Don't get your self too busy. Your swap has got to be close to 50 people now hu?

Acres

• yotetrapper
    15 years ago

I think I should have close to the limit on this one. I have 26 or so so far, but as soon as my tomato swap comes in (shouldnt be too much longer, I hope it gets here in time), I should have more. I'll be receiving 20-some packets from that, and since the seed requirements were 12-15 seeds, and I only want 2-3 of each, I should have more for this swap.

P.s. if anyone has any peter pepper, I would love some of those.

• easttexasgardener
    15 years ago

Sent my seeds out yesterday.

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dirtdiggin- Got your mailer Everything is totally the way I wanted it to be set up thanks, that makes my job a lot easier. Great recipes too!

Yotetrapper - Great you almost have the limit :) more to choose from for us all.

easttexasgardener - Lovely you sent early you will have a beter selection to choose from.

Yep thats right all my swaps are a first come first serve (as listed in the rules) you may not get all that is on your wish list. Of corse you will get a few BUT those who send in early get a better selection so get those mailers filled and ship them out to get the BEST selection.

if you have any questions please ask. :-)

Acres

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

I wanted to ask if anyone has any on those little Pumpkin Peppers? If you do would you share? I haven't seen anyone say they do so I thought I would ask.

:) Fran

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Mailing mine out tomorrow. I only had 19 packets to send in. Wish it were more, but there's always next year. Thanks. Nichol

• opie12
    15 years ago

Put my mailer in the mail today :-)

• haymay
    15 years ago

my seeds went in the mail today!!

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

Can I beg... please please please pleeeease can i play too. i have tons of peppers and tomatoes that need homes!!! and I can get my seeds ready in a jiffy too!!!Paleeease! Chris
    I'll even go and sign up for the Squash one too!!!

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Awww that is pitiful, I will vote for you to be pushed, I mean welcomed in Chris! LOL

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Howdee

I have combined both the Acres "tomato and pepper" swap and the Acres "squash it up" swap post to one. The swaps are not combined just the posts. The link is below.

Acres

Here is a link that might be useful: NEW swap post link