Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW: February 2012 Seeds-N-Stitches Fabric Quarter Swap

Posted by quiltingfox 8 LA (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 18, 12 at 15:13

February 2012 Seeds-N-Stitches
Fabric Quarter Swap

Here are the guidelines for the swap:

1. Each person will swap 4 floral print fabric quarters measuring 18" x 21" or 18" x 22" with 1 partner.
2. Must be a member of the GardenWeb in good standing and a U.S. resident.
3. February 1st is the last day to sign up.
4. February 4th partners will be posted.
5. Fabric must be mailed in a ziploc bag as it is raining in the south and snowing in the north, we want to keep that fabric dry during shipping. Must mail to your partner before or on February 11th.

Hope everyone enjoys this no-sew swap. If you have any questions please let me know.

Best to you, your host,
Sandra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: February 2012 Seeds-N-Stitches Fabric Quarter Swap

Sounds easy enough! Let me check my stash, and I'll let you know...
Dan

o

I'm jumping in first evidently. I know I already have the fabric in my stash, just have to cut it. The new quilt shop, a couple of blocks away, had their grand opening this week. The owner loves to garden as well, and has promised beautiful gardens next year. The shop is in an older home and has been hopping. The next closest shop is about 20 - 25 minutes away. I'm digging it.

o

Ok still plenty of time to sign up. So far we have:

1. Bev
2. Dan ? maybe
3. Sandra

Bev I love to visit quilt shops and wish I had one near me. All we have for buying fabric in central Louisiana is Walmart, Hobby Lobby, and Hancocks. I visit Joann when I go out of town, and thankfully Hobby Lobby has expanded their fabric selection. Well off to work on my great-nephew's baby quilt. If I am not online a lot it is because I am quilting. :-)

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Hello
I'm in. I know I have plenty of florals.
Michelle

o

Sandra,
Thanks for emailing me to say you have posted. I have been checking in every few days, even if I wasn't in the last swap. I was hoping Feburary would be posted soon.
I have been a busy quilter, and if people in the church could stay healthy I would have time to do other things. I have already gave 1 quilt away and the 2nd one is ready for the binding and delivered on the way home from church on Sunday. Sadley to say our church is older members.
I am in this swap and ready to go. I know I have my fat quarters, the problem is, what do I send.

Greetings to all
gmom

o

I am going to pass this month. My stash is nearly non-existant. :)
Y'all have fun!

o
RE: NEW: February 2012 Seeds-N-Stitches Fabric Quarter Swap (cont

Ok glad you all are joining in swap. We have:

1. Bev
2. Dan ? maybe
3. Michelle
4. Sharon
5. Sandra

Hazelnutbunny you will be missed. Off to hand quilt that baby quilt. Hoping to have all the structural hand stitching done by Friday evening. Then Saturday will start stenciling leaves on it to be hand quilted. That's my plan any way. :-)

Best to you and have a good evening,
Sandra

o

I would Love to get in on this....Please it sounds like so much fun!!! :) I need something to get me through the winter blues :)

o

I'm going to have to pass this month. I have floral fabric, but they're all ones I bought online because they're not available locally, and they're all earmarked for projects I haven't started yet.
Some of you might remember me trying out that mystery quilt a few weeks ago, and I've been working these past few days on turning it into a reversible quilt. I'm using the mystery quilt as the center of one side, and basically surrounding it with a lot of frames to bulk up to a 90"x90" top. On the reverse, I'm using a lot of HST blocks, half black/ half bright color, inspired by some Amish quilts I've seen online. I have a couple of stained-glass panels which I'm debating on including as a part of that side. Then I've got to decide on what type of binding I'd like to use, and if I'll put in any batting. Sometimes I don't use any batting in order to make it a summer quilt, not as heavy as one I'd make for winter. We'll see!

Welcome to the group Serenity! How about telling us a little about yourself?

Dan

o

I would love to join this swap! I swapped seeds, but never fabrics before. I have LOTS of florals because I like to do watercolor quilts. I could even swap with two people, if you are short of swappers. I hope to receive larger scale florals, not tiny calicos but could send either. I'll check future partner has preferences.

o

Lorilynn, what are watercolor quilts? They sound interesting!

o

Dan, do you hand or machine quilt? I'm trying to decide on a machine that will do the quilting. No matter what reviews you look at, there are always negatives and pluses. Nothing too fancy. LOL

Welcome Lorilynn and Serenity. Please let us know a bit about yourselves.

o

Hello,
I would like to join this swap please.
Do we also send seeds?
Faye!

o

Bev, I use my trusty Singer machine for everything! As for my quilts, I don't do any of the "quilting" once they're done, just tying them with embroidery thread is good for me. I've tried handsewing a loooooong time ago, and won't be doing THAT again any time soon! The only time I do any handsewing nowadays is to re-attach buttons, and that only happens maybe once or twice a year. Let me know what kind of machine you decide on, will you?

----------------------------------------------------------
Faye, I just sent you an e-mail. Please read it.
----------------------------------------------------------

And now, while the fabric I need to use is going through the washer and dryer, I do believe I'm going to research those watercolor quilts! They sound like a lot of fun!
Dan

o

"throwing open the door, running in and skidding to a stop" I didn't want to miss this! I was at my daughter's a few days because she had some surgery and wasn't online...soooo....this sounds good!!

o

Alright, Linda! Didn't think you would miss out this month. Hope your daughter is doing well.

o

Sorry was not online earlier today. Have been busy hand quilting a baby quilt for my great-nephew that is on the way. Here is the sign-up list so far:

1. Bev
2. Michelle
3. Sharon
4. serenity_land_ga
5. lorilynngardens
6. Linda
7. Sandra

Serenity and Lori would like to welcome you to the swap. Linda so glad to see you. Dan we will miss you, but hope you will stop in every once in a while during February and visit with us. :-)

Also since February is the month for Valentine's Day, if you would like to send a card, or a Valentine's card, or seeds to your partner that is totally optional. Well I am off to work on that baby quilt. Hope you all have a good night.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

I've been checking out those watercolor quilts, and if any of you haven't also, do it now! I'll warn you though, you're going to end up adding more to your project list... lol! The possibilities are endless, and I'm already getting ideas for combining a watercolor background with some landscape quilting and a bit of applique! I could use all of this years' vacation time and stay in front of my sewing machine! I may need some of you to come over and put me in restraints...lol! Now, wouldn't that be fun??? (nobody answer that, just leave it alone and we'll ALL walk away from it, okay?)

G'Night Everyone! I took my sleeping pills a while ago, and if Stella will let me, I'm hoping to sleep in tomorrow!
Dan

o

we have a nice little group lined up! Welcome Serenity and Lori, tell us a little about yourself..inquiring minds want to know!.."L".."passing around cookies and serving tea"

o

Well, today has been a productive one, to say the least. As of last night I'd cut out about 120-150 10"x10" squares to use in the reverse side of my current project. This morning I began to lay them out on my bed, trying to organize them into a pattern I liked. After just 4 rows, I realized I wasn't going to get 10 rows of 10 on the bed, so I folded them into fourths, which fit perfectly. This side of the quilt is inspired by some Amish quilts, so I laid out the black blocks in a checkerboard pattern. The other blocks, a mix of green, some blues, oranges, and reds, were what I used to make my pattern. It wound up being an arc of the oranges, with the yellows angling from the opposite corner. The whole thing is set at an angle from the bottom right towards the top left corner. One hundred blocks, now sewn together with a minimum of help from Bump. (For those of you who don't know him yet, Bump is my 4yo. Maine Coon Mix. My other cat, Stella, is a 3yo. Maine Coon Mix.)
I picked up some sand-colored, 108" wide, fabric for the lining. Tomorrow morning I'll be basting that to what I did today, and then fleshing out the top piece, hopefully getting it all done sometime tomorrow afternoon. I'll post pictures once I've got it done.
As for now, I've poured a rather nice sauvignon and will be relaxing for the rest of the evening.

Have a fantastic night!
Dan

o

I agree with Linda, serenity_lane_ga and lorilynngardens please feel welcomed and introduce yourselves to the group. Dan I hope you post pics of your quilt project. Here is the sign-up list so far (with a typo correction):

1. Bev
2. Michelle
3. Sharon
4. serenity_lane_ga
5. lorilynngardens
6. Linda
7. Sandra

I finished the baby quilt for my niece's baby that is on the way. Now all I have to do this week is sew on the label on the back of the quilt. My M-I-L and I got the 51" x 39" baby quilt completed in just 3 weeks. I usually spend 6 to 8 weeks on a baby quilt so that just set a new record for me. Will try to get some pics of it posted later on. Well off to clean my desk so I can start measuring and cutting strips for my grandma's quilt top. Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Is super windy here!!

Best to you,
Sandra

o

I am new to this and have only a very little bit of knowledge of quilting I learned from my Grandmother who quilted and made mine and my sisters little dresses when I was young she passed in 94 and left Mom and I all of her machines, books and even materiel and started quilts........I recently lost my Mama in October and now I have ALL of these things and I am eager to get busy learning more so I can make things now too!! I am a Mammaw 5 times and #6 is due in April they are ALL the MOST Adorable little boys GOD could given us we are truely BLESSED, even though everyone still wants a GIRL.....LOL.....Well that's me!!

o

Serenity welcome to the group and thanks for introducing yourself. Quilting is a tradition shared in my family and one of my aunts taught me when I was at the end of high school / beginning of college. I did not though get serious about trying to quilt on my own until many years later in 2000. And while my grandmother no longer quilts she is thankfully just a phone call away like my aunt whenever I need help figuring something out to do with quilting.

In our Seeds-N-Stitches group we have members at all different levels of quilting, some of us are seasoned quilters and some of us are just starting out at beginner levels. Though most of us myself included still feel like we have lots to learn, I think we all learn something new with each quilt / sewing project we do. Well welcome to the group.

If any of our older members want to introduce themselves as we have 2 newbies this month feel free to do so.

Best to you and many thanks,
Sandra

o

Okay, I'll introduce myself. My name is Dan and I have two addictions, fabric and seeds. I really don't need any more of either, but that doesn't stop me from going to joann's and checking out what's on sale. If some fabric leaps out at me I'll probably still get at least a yard or two, even if I don't have a particular project in mind. I'm the same way with seeds. I live in a trailer park, with very limited space for a garden, but on any given evening in the summer you can still find me digging another hole in the yard because I stopped somewhere and found another plant I "just had to have"! Seeds are the same way for me. I have enough of them to plant a 5-acre lot, but that doesn't stop me from closely perusing every catalog that comes in the mail. And yes, I'm currently waiting on a seed order to arrive from parkseed.com ...lol! Is it bad that I've got websites for seeds and fabric memorized, but still have trouble remembering when my mother and father's birthdays are???
I was introduced to sewing when I was about 13 or 14, which is when Mom told me to start darning my own socks. Since then I've made quilts, pillowcases, wallhangings, shirts, and a few other things. (I can't seem to ever get pants to hang right!) Even though I've been using a needle and thread for just over 30 years now, I'm still learning. In the past year I've learned about applique, fussy-cutting, and in the past week, making my own prints with acrylic paints. No matter what I learn or think I know, there's more to learn, and that's probably one of the biggest things I like about quilting, all the learning I have yet to do.

Okay, who's next?

-Dan
***munching on a snickerdoodle***

o

Inventoried my fabric stash today to see what I have available to use for strips and the border on my grandma's quilt top. Her quilt top will be made from the garden theme blocks we swapped in the Seeds-N-Stitches group in 2011.

Thank you for introducing yourself Dan. If any more members want to introduce themselves we welcome you to do so. Also Lorilynngardens if you would like to introduce yourself we would love to hear from you and welcome you to do so.

Well off to work on my son's crocheted ripple afgan in neon blue, neon orange and neon green, and watch a little tv with hubby.

Sandra

o

Well Thanks for the Warm Welcome, Sandra and Dan, not sure what my first project is going to be but I am excited that I have found ya'll!!! Just reading what everyone is doing inspires me!!! And I am Happy I was able to learn the little bit that I know because I think I can keep the tradition going within our family and in today's world that means alot, because we're loosing so much in this world we need to hold on to things that mean something!! :)

o

Looks like I'm up next. I've been sewing since I was very young. I started a quilted wall hanging about 25 years ago, but didn't finish it until 5 or 6 six years ago. So I have a lot to learn about quilting. This year I've really jumped in with both feet and have so much I want to accomplish. I too garden fanatically and I do stained glass, but since I am still a beginning with that, everything takes me extra long to do. LOL

One of the projects that I hope to complete this year is a quilt top that is almost all pieced, but I am not at all happy with it. My grandmother, who would be 110 is she was still with us, cut the pieces out years ago. Many of the fabrics were scraps from clothes I made in middle and high school, so there are a lot of memories there. I inherited them after grandma died and I didn't know anything about quilting, so I matched them up and sewed them together into large rectangles then pieced them with no sashing in between. I don't like the rectangle shape nor the fact that there is no definition between them. I'll post a picture later because I really want everyone's advice. I'm thinking about cutting each of the "blocks" straight across to make square block and then repositioning them with sashing. Not sure how it will look. I think you'll understand better once I can show you. I'm heading to the quilt shop tomorrow as I'll need to pick up some fabric for Feb's exchange. I don't have a very big stash yet.

o

hello
I'm michelle, I don't play in every swap but you will see me from time to time. I have a great hubby and 2 boys ( 9 and 6 years old.) we keep a small flock of chickens for eggs and fun. I love gardening and started sewing when I got a job at a Joann's store in 1999. I dont do as much sewing as I used to, I now work at the local high school kitchen, yes I'm a lunch lady.
I collect butterfly fabric, not sure what I'm gonna do with it yet but I have a growing box of it.
well thats about it for me
welcome to the group
michelle

o

Hello, my name is Linda and I'm addicted to seeds and quilting..oh wait, this isn't the support group! LOL!! "passing out more cookies". Anyways, my name is Linda and I haven't been quilting very long. what got me interested is that my grandmother passed and my mother gave me a quilt top that she started to hand quilt. I haven't quite gotten the nerve to tackle it yet but I an improving on my quilting. I did buy a new sewing machine so I am working the bugs out with that. I have a big stash of fabric that is as bad as mystash of seeds...maybe I'm a secret hoarder?
Everyone in this group is fun and I think you two new ones will do just fine and by the way, what are your first names?

o

Bev, Michelle and Linda thank you for introducing yourselves so we can all get to know one another better. I am even getting to know some of our older members better through this swap. Between 2000 and 2006 I only worked on 1, my first queensize quilt, it was a backwards pinwheel ... backwards cause I had my plastic template on the wrong side when I was tracing it onto the fabric, ... but it all worked out ok in the end, ... it was a learning experience. In 2007 I became a stay at home housewife so now I have more time for quilting. I make baby quilts for close friends and family, and they turn out quite large and have been referred to by others as toddler quilts cause they are big enough for a 3 year old to use when napping. I also make queensize quilts for family which usually takes me 2 to 4 years to make and after the quilt tops are finished I hand quilt the layers together with a 16" hoop that sits on my lap as I quilt. I have also made 1 puppy quilt and used an old towel for batting so that there is nothing in it that will choke the puppy. For some of my friends their puppies are their babies so it just seem fitting to make them a small quilt.

I just finished with my M-I-L's help a baby quilt I designed for my niece's baby that's on the way. The baby shower is this Saturday and today am sewing the label on the back of it. My aunt makes my quilt labels with her fancy machine which I am so greatful for. Am currently working on 2 queensize quilt tops - 1 for my grandma and 1 for my parents. Hoping to have these 2 quilts completed to give to them as gifts for Christmas. And then I have other quilts that I am collecting fabric for - a lighthouse quilt for hubby, a leaf motif woodland animal scenes quilt for my brother, and 2 scrap quilts that I want to make for me to keep - and yes they are all queensize so hoping to start them late 2012 or in 2013. My stash was quite small and then my old college roommate gifted me a bunch of fabric so now my stash is goodsize at least as far as floral prints are concerned.

Well off to sew the label on the baby quilt and start measuring & cutting fabric for the strips on my grandma's quilt top to go in between the 12 inch blocks. And see if I can start another puppy quilt. Hope everyone has a good and productive day.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Hey sorry my name is Amy!! I am very excited but kind of canvas shy I guess you might call it, I found pieces of quilt tops started in Gramma's quilt boxes and Raggedy Ann and Andy patterns.....so much to learn.... :)

o

Just a little "bump" to remind people it's not too late to join in the fun.

I'm busy trying to find a new sewing machine, but it is off to work for me this afternoon. Hope everyone is having a blessed day.

o

Amy, that's the beauty of it all! Whether you've been quilting for the last 50 years, or the last 50 minutes, we've all got things to learn! Since this group started (is it really just 2 years ago???), we've all learned something along the way. Never give up!

Okay, by now most of you know I'll be hosting a mystery quilt during the month of April. For those of you who don't know what a mystery quilt is (I just learned recently), a mystery quilt is something you make without knowing what the end result is going to be. I, as the host, will first give you a list of needed fabrics, some cutting instructions, and then, once or twice a week, I'll give you directions for each step until you've finished your quilt. When this one is finished, it will be 45"x45", which you can either use as a lap quilt, or use to make a larger quilt. I'll be making 4 of these so I can make a queen-size quilt.
Now, I know some of you are people who like to plan things. I'm not mentioning any names because you all know who you are...lol! ANYWAY, I thought I'd leak one thing about the mystery quilt so you'll have time to find the perfect thing. For the mystery quilt, you will need one panel which you can cut a 16"x16" diamond out of for the center piece. In other words, this...
Photobucket

would become this...
Photobucket

If you have any questions, let me know.

Dan

o

Dan, this is very nice of you to put all this time into it. I think I'll do a wallhanging for my screened porch, something I have wanted to do for some time. It will have to be something dark like yours, too many steel mills and plants around here. There is a coating of black on my glass porch table everyday. But living near the lovely dunes on Lake Michigan is worth it...I guess...I'm not talking lakefront property...I'm about 5 miles away. LOL

o

Will the 16" x 16" be finished size or unfinished size?

Ok Dan, not counting the center 16" x 16" diamond, how many different types/colors of fabrics will I need? Trying to figure out how many colors I am going to be coordinating with the 16" x 16" piece. This will determine whether I use a precut floral piece or if make a 16" x 16" floral applique garden scene. Thinking if I do the latter anything will go well with it. Hmmmm.... LOL YES I AM PLANNING LOL ! :-)

I think I want to do it as a lap quilt and use minky on the back side of it.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Welcome Serenity and lorilynn. Like it has been said before that we have all learned and still learning along the way.
My name is Sharon or gmom or gmom2-6boys. How did I come up with that name? I am a grandmother to 6 boys and now there are 7 boys. I am also retired and living in northern Michigan. There are so many things I want to do I don't know where to start. WE (my husband and I) cleared the land to build our home. Home and garage and landscaping are done. We keep changing the garden and animal feeding stations. I started quilting about 6-8 years ago. Didn't know one thing when I started. Thanks to friends who live here got me started. Then I tried a Quilting Quild, now I have this group of friends who keep teaching me new things and supplied with seeds to grow. I now make lap quilts for the sich from our church and Lutheran World Relief. Im mother to 2 grown children and sister to 6 brothers. No parents or grandparents on eather side of our family. So when you speak of things from mothers and grandmother I want to say how blessed you are.
Dan, your idea for April sounds like a great idea and I will be in line to sign up.
gmom

o

Thanks for the words of encouragement regarding the mystery quilt everyone!
And Sandra, I love seeing you squirm from not already knowing everything about what we're going to do...rofl! But, that's part of the fun of it, so I'm only going to tell you that the center panel will be 16"x16" unfinished.
I'm still working out some of the details of this project, but I did get my fabric ordered from keepsakequilting yesterday. Once it gets here I'm going to get one made, writing down the directions as I go. Then I'm going to make a 2nd one following those directions to make sure I've got them written out correctly.
We've done so many great things here in this group, and learned so much, I just think it's time for us all to try out some of those techniques again and make a project we'll be keeping for ourselves. Of course, it would be terrific if everyone took photos while following along, and of their finished projects, AND posted those photos!
I'll be posting all the fabric requirements and the first cutting instructions during the second or third week of March. That center panel may take some time finding the perfect one, and since there's no sewing or cutting you need to do before we begin, I thought it'd be okay to let you all begin looking for it and thinking about what to do with it once we're done. I won't be posting backing or binding instructions because we'll all be using it in different ways, and we know what we like to do for those. It'll be able to work as a wall-hanging, a lap quilt, or as part of a larger quilt. It'll be fun to find out what we all do with it, don't you think?
Sandra, keep squirming m'dear, that's allllll I'm saying about it for now. Muhahahahahaaaaaaa

o

Ok so now we know it is 16" x 16" unfinished size. I think I want to do my 16 x 16 as an applique block. I've made lots of applique blocks and never kept one for myself. Well am off to my niece's baby shower. Hoping she loves the quilt I designed for her little boy that's on the way. My M-I-L and I both worked and hand-quilted it. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. It's in the 50's here and sunny. :-)

Best to you,
Sandra

o

February 1st is the last day to sign-up for this swap. Still 3 more days if you would like to join us in this swap. Just filled the birdfeeder and now am off to cut strips for a quilt top. Have a great day! :-)

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Doing the partner dance! Buying some fabric (and hopefully a new machine) today. Yeah!

o

What kind of a quilt top are you making, Sharon?

I bought a new machine today. The Janome 4120 QVC, list $1199, but I got it for $600. You feel like it is shot a shot in the dark, even with all the research I did. I know models can vary from one machine to another, so I hope it is a good one!

o

Watercolor quilts are made with small squares of floral fabric pieced to create an impressionist picture. There are quite a few books about them. This swap is perfect because you need lots of squares of fabrics, usually printed ones. You cut out squares (I cut 1 1/2 " for a 1" finished square but you could use smaller or larger squares). Then you arrange the squares. I have been experimenting with adding machine and hand embroidery.

o

Hi everyone. Today is the last day for sign-ups for this swap.

Spent my afternoon teaching myself how to knit - thank goodness for YouTube tutorials - that only took 2 hours. I can only do basic stitches, but I can knit - yeah!!!

I may post partners as early as tomorrow afternoon.

Lorilynngardens I have never made a watercolor quilt, but they sound pretty. I love to work in florals when I quilt so will have to see if I can find a book on watercolor quilts. Do you have any specific books that you would recommend on this type of quilting?

Future swap idea - I'm fishing here - Are any of you interested for a future S-N-S swap, swapping 1" postage stamp squares of fabric or 2" postage stamp squares of fabric?

Hope everyone is having a great week. In the 70's here and really wet from all this rain.

Back to my knitting, best to you,
Sandra

o

Hi everyone. Sign-ups are now over for this swap. We ask that our new members please mail to their partner first. Here is the partner list:

Serenity_lane_ga mails to Sharon first
then Sharon mails to Serenity_lane_ga

Lorilynngardens mails to Linda first
then Linda mails to Lorrilynngardens

Bev mails to Sandra
Michelle mails to Bev
Sandra mails to Michelle

Please email your partners and exchange mailing addresses with them. Then once you receive your fabric quarters from your partner please make sure you post here on this thread that you have received your fabric. Hope everyone enjoys this swap. If you have any questions please let me know.

Sandra

o

So you've all got your partners now, eh? That's always a cool time! If you're sending fabric, than that gives you the perfect excuse to go shopping, and pick up new fabric for yourself too, right? And then, when you get home, you can peruse your way through your stash and re-discover those gems you'd forgotten all over again!
And then there's the anticipation of wondering what different fabrics you'll be receiving from your partner. Will it be something new to you? Will they be the perfect thing for your next project? Lol, and then of course there is the joy you experience when you get your package in the mail and open it up to discover the new gems you can now add to your collection. Have fun with it all everyone!
Today I received my own package of material from keepsake quilting. I ordered new colors of fabric to make the mystery quilt with, and they all arrived this afternoon. That means that tomorrow, after I'm done with work, I can come home and start measuring and cutting my new fabric, taking pictures along the way, all so I can illustrate the directions I'll be sharing with everyone beginning mid-March. This is so much fun!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!
Dan
===========================================================

Bev! Congrats on the new machine! And what a deal you got! I'll bet you're still beaming with joy!

Lorilynn, I've been looking at more watercolor quilts, and the more I see the more I want to create one. Do you have any photos of yours you'd like to share? I'd like to see what you've done.

o

Sharon, your package should go out tomorrow - it's all ready.

Dan, I am very excited. I haven't opened it because I ordered a height-adjustable table, which came in today. Tonight I'll clean out the sewing area, put up the new table and open the machine tomorrow. I worked all day and don't want to be exhausted when I open it and do something stupid. LOL

Sharon, I would be interested in a 2" sq exchange. I've wanted to do this every since someone here sent me a 1000 piece charm pattern. I haven't pulled the pattern to see what size it uses, but I think I'd do better with 2" vs. 1" square. I don't need an exact pattern, but I liked the triangles with one light/one dark into a square. I haven't signed up to host anything in the immediate future, so I could do this if you want the whenever we run out of the hostesses that have signed up. Do you have an idea of how many pieces we would exchange?

o

Beverly you are suppose to be mailing to me Sandra, not Sharon.

Again it's Sandra, not Sharon, but if there is enough interest and if Linda and Dan are game for it, a 2" postage stamp square fabric swap would be fun, maybe swapping about 25 with each partner. Most postage stamp swaps require each square be of a different type of fabric, so there are not duplicates, but that ultimately would be the decision of the host as to whether or not duplicates would be allowed. I think floral print and garden themed fabric squares would be pretty mixed together. I know I would not want Halloween fabric right in the middle of it as that is something I would toss and not use. I think it would be great if you hosted a S-N-S 2" floral/garden themed postage stamp fabric swap later in the year when we are needing people to host if there is a definite interest in the group for that type of swap. I know I would be game for it.

So everyone how about it, would you be interested in the 2nd half of the year, participating in a Seeds-N-Stitches 2" fabric square floral print/garden themed print postage stamp swap? Bev and I are interested in hosting these during the 2nd half of the year if our group members would like this kind of swap. So please post your opinions about this.

Sandra

o

Please post your opinion as to whether or not you would be interested in a 1" or 2" postage stamp fabric squares swap. Also please post your opinion as to what types postage stamp fabrics you would like to swap - florals?, garden-themed? batiks? solids? Your opinions on this are most appreciated.

Sandra

o

First things first. For those of you preparing for the mystery quilt, that center square is going to measure 15.5"x15.5" when you cut it out, to make a finished square of 15"x15". AND, it's going to be a square, not a diamond. In my first drawings I kept making it a diamond, but now that I'm actually cutting fabric, using rulers, etc., that diamond-shaped panel isn't going to work. But don't worry! I've got more ideas...muhahahahahaaaaa! Who knew I should've studied harder in geometry class? Sheesh!
So, when you purchase your panels, buy panels which are at least 15.5"-squared on the horizontal/vertical, and get two. We'll be fussy-cutting shapes from the 2nd panel for some applique.
==========================================================

I've been slowwwwly working on a postage stamp quilt over the past year or so, and quite frankly, those 2-inch blocks are a lot easier to use than the 1-inch blocks. I have some sections using the 1-inch blocks, but they can get pretty wonky pretty fast. So, IMHO, I'd have to say that trading 2.5"x2.5" charms would be the best thing to do.

G'nite all!

o

And everyone, please post your opinion as to whether I should send my fabric to Sharon or Sandra. LOL Don't worry, I have the right person for the fabric, just mixed up the names in the text.

I like the 2.5" square even better. I think any print other than juvenile and novelty prints, would be OK. The squares are going to be so tiny you are not going to see that much of the print anyway.

o

I sent my address to my partner..and the postage stamp one sounds good. I refer florals, or butterflies or gardenly things..

o

That's a good point Bev. Even with the 2.5" squares, the only kind of prints that really show up are the tiny ones. I've been throwing in my halloween-themed squares becuase they just add a bit of color variance. Sadly, no ghosts or goblins are coming thru.

o

LOL Bev that was funny. (big grin!) So sounds like:

Sandra - likes 2.5" size, and garden, butterfly, and floral print fabrics

Bev - likes 2.5" size, and all fabrics except for juvenile and novelty prints

Linda - likes ? size, and florals, butterfly, and garden prints

Dan - likes 2.5" size, and ? fabric (what is your fabric preference Dan?) :-)

Hmmm ... more changes to the mystery quilt, Dan how am I to plan, plan, plan when you keep changing things? LOL :-) Good thing I haven't started mine yet. :-)

I am having fun this week teaching myself how to knit and have been enjoying reading a good book. Will have to find time to work on my Grandma's quilt next week.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Hello
Bev if you want to send to me go ahead and I will send back the same. Even though I am not your partner.
I have emailed my partner and she mailed back, sending me only her phone #. She sounds very nice and ready for this trade.
I already have panels to use for Dan,s swap.
When we are trading blocks, I don't mind what size they are except no smaller than 2". I've have been trying to cut as many blocks as I can to have them ready for a quilt. I've set up a box for each size of block 2", 2 1/2", 3", and 3 1/2". I also have several quilt tops cut in a box each so all the sizes are ready to go. As for the material selection, I don't mind because on the smaller block the color is all you will see.
When I have material out I try to do more than one thing with it. I'm tired of my room being a mess all the time.
Bev, congratulations on your new machine and cabinet. I also have a new machine and am looking for a cabinet. What type of cabinet did you get.
Who watching the game today? Not me, but I'm sure it will be on. I will be cutting.
Happy quilting
gmom

o

Sharon, I didn't get a cabinet, just an adjustable height table from Office Depot. I have lots of workspace now, a problem before. How long have you had your machine? Have you figured out all the features? Mine's all set up and I am going to work on the heart-shaped potholders during the super bowl (which I could care less about). Thanks for the offer to share fabrics, but I would have to go out and buy more. I have a very small stash.

Linda, whenever I am in the LQS and see butterfly fabric, I think of you!

o

Bev it sounds like you are going to be hosting a swap since there is such a great response for it:

Sandra - likes 2.5" size, and florals, butterfly, and garden prints

Bev - likes 2.5" size, and all fabrics except for juvenile and novelty prints

Linda - likes ? size, and florals, butterfly, and garden prints

Dan - likes 2.5" size, and all fabric?

Sharon - likes 2.5" size, and all fabric?

I am not watching the game today. But have been watching movies with DH and knitting. :-)

As a reminder to everyone we need to mail to our partner before or by February 11th, granted Linda and Sharon may be mailing theirs a little later due to the way we are swapping this time welcoming newbies into our group. Hope everyone has a great evening! :-)

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Fabric choices for the itty-bitty charms? Hmmm, I don't think I really have any preferences because when anything is cut up that small and sewn into a quilt, everything kind of gels together and creates its own overall "look". I will say though that the greater the variety, the better. Solids, novelties, themed, batiks, florals, and seasonals would all work. At least, that's what I've found to be true with what I've sewn together so far.

And Sandra, as for you planning, planning, planning, consider yourself lucky about knowing about that central panel. I'll be leaking a full list of fabrics needed, along with their yardage, in the middle of March. Until then, anything is possible...lol! Don't you just love the suspense? I can hear you asking yourself right now "How many fabrics am I going to need? What colors would be best?" And don't think I don't know it's bugging you! You all get to enjoy the mystery of it all, shouldn't I get to enjoy knowing it's driving you insane??? Muhahahahahaaaaa!!!

Today I believe I'll sign off as...

-Dan(the Demented One)

o

I have to chime in with unsolicited advice on sewing machines. I am a machine quilter and piecer. I especially like figuring out ways to strip piece and quilt blocks. Guess it is my engineering background.

My favorite machine is my Bernina 1230. I have had it for over 20 years. you can't go wrong with an OLDER pre 1990s made in Europe not China model. If you are getting a Bernina, you want one with the pull up bobbin (the one that you have to pull out the metal case and put it in) not the flat bobbin. Check the sewing stores for the used trade ins of Bernina and other European machines. They are much better than the new, made in China stuff. My favorite thing about the Berninas is the precision attachments and sewing. I do couture sewing with fine fabrics - wools and silks. As much as I love my Bernina, I wouldn't buy a current model. I want to cry when I see them in the stores. The don't sew like Berninas. However, I would LOVE to find a mechanical Bernina 700 or 800 series - late 1970s early 1980s model with attachments. My aunt traded hers in for a computerized embroidery machine (another brand)and deeply regrets it. She went back to the store for her old machine, but it sold immediately. (Or the store owner kept it, I would have)

You don't need a fancy new machine for quilting. Even though I have fancy machines, I make my quilts on a 1940s era straight stitch machine which a friend "rescued" from the side of the road. I am beginning to feel like I am starting a "homeless" shelter for old machines. These are FABULOUS machines for quilting. BTW, commercial tailors use these machines also. Most need some oil , new needles (my pet peeve, change you needle frequently and use quality thread), a new belt and maybe adjustment on the tension dial. Garage sales, the side of the road on bulk pick up day and friends cleaning house that know that you sew are good sources for such machines.

While I am raving on machines, I have to mention Singer. The company has been sold and resold so many times that it isn't the same company that your grandmother swore by. Old - 1950s era and older- metal singers are fabulous machines. Pre electric treadle machines ( I FINALLY have one from a dear friend whose father was a tailor) work as well as ever (assuming you changed the needle. Every old machine I have rescued had a dull, rusty needle in it. Now wonder the poor thing wouldn't work). Singer changed from metal to resin gears in 1965. IMO, that was the beginning of the end for Singer. I tried to help a frustrated young girl learn to sew on a new Singer - a low end model from a big box store. She was so frustrated, but it wasn't her fault. The machine was terrible. It was made of plastic and light weight stamped metal. It kept missing stitches and eating the fabric. It was so flimsy that it rattled and practically tipped over. I gave her a rescue machine from my shelf. She is sewing up a storm!

If you want to do machine embroidery (try it, it is fun) you would want a stand alone machine for that anyway so that you can sew while the embroidery machine is cranking away. Most of the computerized machines on the market today subcontract the computerized embroidery to Brother fyi. I have an early model Brother Pacesetter machine. (Brother has two grades of machine regular Brother and the higher end Pacesetter) It has a smaller area for embroidery than some of the newer models, but it suits my needs. I embroider monograms and French embroidery motifs but am playing with adding some flowers to quilts. I would like to learn more about digitizing my own designs.

I like Schmetz brand needles and Metrosene or Gutterman thread. I don't use the bargain 5 for $1 or "cotton coated polyester" stuff even if I get it for free! The cost of fresh needles and quality thread is negligible when you consider the cost of machines , fabric and the value of your time.

Hopping off my soap box.

o

Where is the mystery block that everyone is talking about?

Are we going to be doing a squares swap? I would LOVE to do a floral print squares swap. We could even send larger squares 6" - 8" for example. People could cut them into 1", 2" 3". I think it would be a good idea to swap squares bigger than we plan to use. Some people are more precise about grain and dimensions than others - and some fabrics are printed off grain. I am one of those people who pull the thread to make sure fabric is on grain - a vestige of my couture sewing. It makes a difference in some quilt blocks - especially triangles and hexagons.

Does anyone do foundation piecing? I have a peace lily quilt pattern made with foundation piecing that I have been working up the courage to start.

I also want to do a machine embroidered quilt like the Apricot Blush Quilt.

I have been doing more knitting than sewing. Partly due to back/neck problems and partly due to weight gain. I couldn't part with my beloved wardrobe (including tailored jackets, dresses, custom wool skirts with hand picked zippers and coordinating silk blouses). I remember measuring myself and drafting a new fitting/designing sloper and crying when I compared it to my old one. I knit lots of accessories - hats, shawls, scarves with matching sweaters for my spoiled little dog. Sewing has been mending and monogramming linens, towels and shirts. I am almost back to my ideal weight and can fit into some of my old clothes. I finally feel like designing clothes for myself again!

I moved here following an accident. Most of my art quilts and photos of juried pieces are still packed. I am finally getting things together - it has been a longer recuperation than I expected. I live in a townhome with vaulted ceilings which would be perfect to showcase my fiberarts. I just have to finish getting things organized.

I do a lot of free lance design work and writing at the moment, but mainly do swatches , sketches, computer designs. I miss the hands on part of design - and the purely creative, not for deadline or client aspect.

One goal is to get my own blog with my designs and projects together. I have the photos and patterns, just need the blog part.

A friend recently moved and gave me her portable washer and dryer, tons of cleaning supplies, spices, etc. The aesthetic part of my brain is wondering where I am going to put this stuff while the frugal part is thrilled with the pennies I will save.

The big dilemma is the huge tv she gave me. I am not a tv person, my old Sony Trinitron is fine for the DVDs I watch. I don't have cable. Who needs cable when you have the internet? Anyway, This tv is too big for my tasteful mid century entertainment center and too heavy to bring upstairs. Once I realized it wouldn't fit on my entertainment center, I turned it down, but she insisted that I take it. I didn't want to hurt her feelings . It is on my patio at the moment, but I have to start wintersowing my seeds! The xbf/bff was supposed to help me turn over a piece of furniture, attach its legs - finally - turn it back over and place the new tv on the furniture. Guess who was grumpy that day....a reminder of the reason for the xbf status - the Italian princess mother is the other. I have to either find place for the monster tv inside or list it on freecycle.

I could barely walk when I moved here, so I was at the mercy of my friends who moved me in - books, machines, bolts of fabric, yarn and all. Sometimes I am tempted to call a POD ans start over somewhere else! The thought of digging up my roses and the cost of the POD encourage me to keep cleaning and organizing!

Of course, I am painting the walls and doing the rugs as I move things around. I have back and shoulder problems from a serious auto accident and can't lift things. Very frustrating to need help for things that I used to do myself.

I keep reminding myself that I am lucky to be alive and also lucky to not be in a wheelchair.

Time to stop procrastinating and get back to work.

I just discovered Space Bags....What a revelation for a woman living in the world's largest yarn box!!!

o

Lol, Lorilynn, that "mystery quilt everyone is talking about" is going to be the April swap here in the seeds-n-stitches group. I recently participated in one and am now so hooked on the matter that I thought I should bring the concept here to the group! We'll all be making a lap quilt to keep for ourselves in April. Keep that excitement flowing! I've got the quilt designed and am now in the process of putting one together and ironing out the bugs. So keep watching for it, okay?
Dan

o

Lorilynn, it sounds like you have a lot of interests. Is foundation piecing the same as paper piecing? I took a paper piecing class a year ago, but the wallhanging isn't finished yet. We have several people set up to host for the next few months, but you are welcome to host the next time you see a schedule posted here. Dan and Linda usually announce when we are in need of hosts.

o

Hi Lorilynn, thanks for sharing that info about older machines with us. My mom has an older Singer machine with sewing table that it folds down into, but lives to far out of town to have it maintenanced, and the cheaper made new Brother machine broke it's belt early on and she has had trouble trying to replace it. I have a simple Singer Machine that my parents gave me for Christmas a little over a decade ago and I love it. My computer desk is my sewing desk/crafting table/and my son's homework desk. So 4 evenings out of the week I do not have the use of it as my son is doing his homework. The rest of the week when I use it I have a 2ft x 3ft work space on the top of the desk. So can't have my sewing machine out when I am cutting fabric. And the only other available space I have to work is on top of my bed where I hand quilt. I would love to have a quilting machine, but sadly do not have the space in our current home for it. In our next home though I will have a whole room for my quilting which gives me something to look forward to in my older years. Well am glad to hear as well that you knit. I just started teaching myself to knit last week and have mastered casting on and garter stitch, and my purling needs some more work. Just bought a 2nd set of knitting needles today to use to learn how to purl well. You do bring up a good point about possibly swapping larger blocks so people can cut them to their own desired sizes and I like the idea of swapping florals - I love florals. Some of our members do have pet exposure to their fabrics and I being allergic to cats have to pre-wash any fabric I get from our swaps, so if it is already cut to 2 1/2 inch sizes then I would have to wash it before use and then it would fray in the wash and basically be unusable, just got to thinking about that this evening. So I think it might be better to swap larger sized blocks that we can each wash and then cut to size after we get them in the mail.

Dan you LOL you keep changing the size of the center panel, I am so not cutting any fabric yet, though I do have a piece that I am PLANNING to use as the center panel. If I can work from my stash for the mystery quilt in April then that would be good, if I can't get it from my stash I may have to sit out that month. Am trying to be frugal right now, and have lots of quilt, crochet and now knitting projects going on right now that I want to finish this year so my time will be limited for additional projects. I have gotten the strips cut out for my grandma's quilt and now today have decided that the squares that will connect the strips will be white with embroidery on them - so that will take a little more time than I had originally planned, but it is for my grandmother and she is so worth the time. Well off to read a good book.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

I am alittle nervous, am thinking what have I gotten myself into, I am not sure that I am ready for making a mystery quilt even if it's just a lap quilt......it makes my heart beat heavy and my palms get sweat....LOL.... I have't done anything on my own yet and Mama and Gramma are both gone???OH I hope I can handle the things this group is into....

o
RE: NEW: February 2012 Seeds-N-Stitches Fabric Quarter Swap(cont)

Well Serenity I am not sure LOL that I am ready for a mystery quilt either. A part of me wants to attempt it and the other part of me wants to sit back and watch and see what results others in the group end up with when they are finished making their mystery quilts. I like to have a plan. The mention of mystery quilt brings to mind my college days of Descriptive Geometry Board Drafting class - I love all my drafting classes except for that one - made an A but just did not like getting fed written instructions and then having to create an image without knowing what the end product was actually suppose to look like. Quilting has always been a stress reliever for me, the thought of making a mystery quilt brings to mind stress because I can't plan. LOL Yes Dan you are so driving me nuts with the mention of this mystery quilt and yes I know you are enjoying this. :-)

Serenity it's ok to sit some swaps out during the year if you want to, each of us just kind of picks and chooses which swaps we want to participate in during the year. And yes the mystery quilt you can't do much pre-planing for so if you are a planner like me or if you are just new to quilting I can so understand how the thought of that mystery quilt project could be a little overwhelming. I may be sitting out April, haven't fully yet decided about the April swap yet. We totally welcome you to our group swaps but if you ever feel the need or desire to sit out a swap it is totally ok too. Ok I'm gonna' shut up now and go read my book or knit or just go to bed.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Sandra, you're overthinking the mystery quilt. Relax, lol! Serenity, take a few deep breaths and relax, you're be fine here. You might get to push your limits occasionally, but that's how we all learn, right?
One good thing about it though is this. You really don't have to do each instruction I post the week I post it. All of the instructions will be in just one thread (unless there's so much conversation we wind up in multiple threads), the mystery is going to come from the fact that I'll not be posting all of the instructions all at once. You can follow along and do the instructions when they're posted, or you can wait and do the whole thing towards the end of the month once everything has been posted.
And remember, you won't be sending anything to anyone that month. April is going to be a "you sew it, you keep it" kind of month, which we haven't done before.

o

quiltingfox, it is good to prewash or preshrink quilting fabric anyway. Sometimes I am lazy and just mist and steam iron small scraps of fabric. I try to plan ahead and prewash fabric length. If it is a large piece, I use my serger to finish the ends before throwing it in the machine. Pinking with a pinking shears or pinking rotary blade would work.

I have a cat and a dog, but I am allergic to smoke. I can understand. Allergies and asthma can be frustrating. Bella the cat doesn't bother the quilting fabric, but if I am cutting out wool it is another story altogether. She was a feral rescue found in the winter in a friend's car. Her mother and litter mate had died from the cold. They were calling her Grisabella from Cats, but I am not a ADWeber fan. She snuck around and hid for a few days - but used the litter box, so I didn't mind. One day, she was napping on the shelf on top and a folded length of Italian wool waiting for me to lose enough weight to feel like making a skirt or trousers. She let me pet her for the first time. I decided to reserve enough fabric for a knee length skirt and made a pillow top for her from her favorite wool. The wool is a black/grey/charcoal fine plaid that doesn't show her black and white tuxedo hair. I decided that Bella, Italian for beautiful, was a good name for a cat who likes Italian wool. Of course, this was before the whole Twilight craze. Years ago, I had a cat named Phillippe who had a thing for silk - especially silk charmeuse. Anytime my fabric trunk was opened, he would burrow about to find some silk to lay on. I made him a satin blanket, but he still wanted the real thing so I made him a little "crazy quilt" with a silk scraps. I adopted Winston the pug a year ago. He prefers cooking to gardening or sewing. He doesn't bother the fabric, but loves to sleep on my hand knit mohair throw at the bottom of the bed. I try to make comfortable special places for my pets to rest because I don't like them on certain furniture , kitchen counters, etc.

I think foundation piecing is the same as paper piecing. The pattern says to trace it on freezer paper first. The pattern pieces are numbered as is the sewing order. You sew, flip and trim each piece. It looks like a complicated pattern, but I am sure that I can do it one piece at a time. I googled to see if I could find a picture and found some free paper pieced flowers and pictures of paper pieced (and possibly applique) quilts. I thought people may like them.

free paper pieced flowers

http://www.quiltdesignnw.com/GSFSP_Bonus_Pattern.htm

other paper pieced flowers (no affiliation)
http://www.etsy.com/listing/62627891/calla-lily-paper-pieced-quilt-block
http://www.cotton-picking.com/DesignersWorkshop.htm
http://www.keepsakequilting.com/products/U9/U9.L12/Landscape-and-Wall-Quilts.htm

I didn't see the exact pattern I have, but you get the idea.

I haven't done a mystery quilt, but have seen some online. I think one group was called "ClueSew". You can always wait to see what the mystery looks like then make it if you like it? Maybe it would be a project for those "I bought them and don't know what to do with them" fabrics?

o

Please remember to mail to your partner by February 11th. As we have newbies in our group this month Sharon and Linda will be mailing after the 11th.

Michelle I mailed your fabric quarters to you today with a delivery confirmation #. I just emailed you the delivery confirmation #.

Serenity_lane_ga mails to Sharon first
then Sharon mails to Serenity_lane_ga

Lorilynngardens mails to Linda first

Bev mails to Sandra
Michelle mails to Bev
Sandra mails to Michelle - mailed

Best to you,
Sandra

o

We are having snow flurries now, so I am waiting to mail my package until tomorrow. I hope that Linda likes the fabrics that I chose.

o

We understand snow flurries, so by all means stay safe and don't drive to the post office until you have good weather. Please do post though when you mail things so your partner will know when to expect things.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

I received my package today from Michelle. I love the fabrics! I don't have a lot of big print in my meager stash, and I look forward to working with them. And thanks for the other goodies too. It will warm your heart to know I am re-gifting the stick on characters to a little nine year old girl I mentor each week at school. She loves art and will find different uses for them. I know she'll get a bang out of them when I enclose them in her Valentine card. Thanks!

o

Sharon,
I mailed your package out yesterday!!
I am in Georgia so it might be there tomorrow or friday the Lady @ the post office said!!
I can't wait for you to get it I hope you like it!!!
Amy :)

o

hello
please pass them on, I just kinda put them in there becouse I didnt have any confettii, to kinda be silly.
I do things like that, I like people to open their envies and say " what in the world???"
michelle

o

Linda, how are you doing? Haven't heard much from you this month. I could use some tea and cookies, sending big chocolate hearts your way.

o

Please remember to mail to your partner by February 11th. As we have newbies in our group this month Sharon and Linda will be mailing after the 11th.

Serenity_lane_ga (Amy) mails to Sharon first - mailed
then Sharon mails to (Amy) Serenity_lane_ga

Lorilynngardens mails to Linda first - waiting on snow weather to clear before mailing

Bev mails to Sandra - ? have you mailed yet Bev??
Michelle mails to Bev - received

Yes, where is Linda? I could use a glass of ice tea and some chocolate chip cookies later this afternoon. :-) I am off to knit a scarf and then go to town. So will try to check back in later this afternoon. Hope you all are having a great day! :-)

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Lorilynngardens mails to Linda first - waiting on snow weather to clear before mailing

Bev mails to Sandra - received - that was fast!

Beverly the fabric you sent is beautiful!!! I love them all!!! Thank you bunches!!! Definitely makes me think of springtime. :-)

Sandra

o

I love to sew while is snows and we're expecting 6 - 18" in the next 24 hours, depending on whom you listen to. I will complete the potholders and start my daughters placemats and wallhanging. Her birthday is the 19th and she likes presents...even though she'll be 32!

o

Bev snow sounds wonderful. :-) I bet you daughter is going to love what you are making for her. I still love to get gifts from my mom! Cold and rainy here today. Hoping we get a few freezes before this winter is over so that bugs and mosquitos won't be so bad this summer. We did not get any snow this year and doesn't look like we will get any ... suppose to be in the 70's next week. I did not cover up my succulents this winter and am in zone 8, I kind of thought I would let mother nature thin out my pots but with the warm winter we are having that so is not happening. Well I am washing/drying some WOW (white on white) fabric to use for a Jewel Box quilt. Hoping later this afternoon to draw out some pattern pieces for my grandmother's quilt and for the Jewel Box quilt. I am practicing knitting making a winter scarf, about 2/3 done. It's Friday and my son wants his Valentine surprise this afternoon when he gets home from school. Well hope everyone has a good afternoon. :-)

o

Hi Amy, I'll watch for my package. It did not come today.
I to hope this will help you get through the winter. Even if you do have all those boys to look after. I had 5 younger brothers so I kind of know what it is like. I only have 2 children, 1 of each, but they have blessed me with 7 grandsons. I don't get to see them but 3 or 4 times a year because we do not live close.
hazelnutbunny belongs to our group also and she is having a baby soon. She is sitting this month out.
Amy-what is your favorite colors and flowers?
Better get back to work cutting for future quilts.
Have a great day everyone!
gmom-Sharon

o

Sharon,
It is different having ALL these boys because I had 2 boys and a girl.....and now they have given me All my wonderful boys....we are blessed to live very close to them all.....I love green and pink and i think my favorite flower would have to be Bouganvilla, Mandevilla and Sweet Peas but I really love all flowers and plants they just make me happy......I hope you get your package soon...... stay warm......Amy :)

o

Hi Sharon, when is hazelnutbunny due to have her baby and is she having a boy or a girl?

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Lorilynngardens mails to Linda first - waiting on snow weather to clear before mailing - please post and let us know when you mail things

Bev mails to Sandra - received
Sandra mails to Michelle - received

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. :-)

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Amy, Your package came on Saturday. THANK YOU !!!
There is something very strange about this package, but I can't say until Amt gets here package. Nothing bad only good. She included 4 pink fat quarters, 2 firgueines, and a Heart Lollipop Bouquet. Nice package! Thanks again.
How old are your boys?
Have a great Valintines Day Everyone!
gmom

o

If you have not mailed your package to your partner please do so. That way everyone gets their package before the end of the month. Granted Linda does not mail until newbie Lorilynngardens mails to her and the last we heard that is pending weather. So please mail at your earliest convenience and be safe on the road to the post office.

Serenity_lane_ga (Amy) mails to Sharon first - received
then Sharon mails to (Amy) Serenity_lane_ga - mailed ?

Lorilynngardens mails to Linda first - please post here when you mail things or email Linda, thanks :-)

Does anyone know of any good sites that has printable free knitting patterns?

Rainy and cold here, perfect day to work on some of my indoor knitting and quilting projects, may even do some reading. Hope everyone is enjoying their week and has a Happy Valentine's Day. :-)

Sandra

o

hello
I got my envie from sandra this weekend
she sent me.....
a 4 pack of prity purple fat quarters
and 7 packs of seeds, will get the daylilys out in my WS house asap.
thanks I love them
michelle
ps and a crochet book mark paturn

o

I am glad you like what I sent you Michelle! :-) Here is a pic of the fabric I received from Bev - thank you bunches:

Photobucket

Here is our swapping so far:

Lorilynngardens mails to Linda first - please post here when you mail things or email Linda, thanks :-)

Sandra

o

Sharon,
My boys are 6 David will be 7 in April, Tristen is 4, but will be 5 in April, then Gabriel is 4 also, but will be 5 in June, and the we have Rylee and he is 3 just turned in December, Last but certainly not least the BOSS, Jacob or better known as JJ he will be 1 in March, and we don't stop there we are expecting little Emmett on April 2nd. All Boys!!! And I tell you that they are changing their age because if they knew I told you they would be correcting me....LOL.... and I thought I loved MY kids.....little did I know....I completely understand when people used to say "If I had known what Grankids where like I would have had them first"....LOL....I AM Blessed!!!!!!
Have A Wonderful V'day!!!

o

gmom,

Sorry I forgot to mention that you recieved you package!
Glad you got it and you liked it!!!!
Something wrong??? Good???
Amy :)

o

Hi Amy, please post and let us know when you get your package from Sharon. :-) Happy Valentine's Day everyone! :-)

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Ok I sure will!!!
Thanks Sandra!!!

o

You are most welcome Amy. :-)

Here is how our swapping is going so far:

Hope everyone is having a great week! :-)

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Amy, Your package is in the mail. She said 2-3 days. My luck it will be on Monday. You will understand the Strange and Good when you open it.
Have a great day.
gmom

o

then Sharon mails to (Amy) Serenity_lane_ga - mailed

Hope everyone is having a great week! :-)

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Ok Gmom I will be looking for it around Monday
Hmmmm my curiosity wondering what's up with the package?? LOL Can't wait to see it :)

o

Good Evening All,
You know gmom.....I have been thinking I hope something of one of my boys
didn't drop in the envie on accident on the way to the PO.......LOL, you never know around here!!!
I am just wondering what it could be??? LOL Can't wait!!!
Stay Warm Everyone,
serenity_lane_ga

o

no package yet.."watching tumble weeds roll past my mailbox"

o

Ok Linda, I have not heard anything either. There are still a few more days in February so it is possible that she still may mail things. Please let us know if you get anything in the mail.

Have been cleaning house today as family is going to visit this weekend. :-) Fixing to start working on my Grandma's quilt cutting 7.5" x 7.5" squares to connect all the strips for her quilt top. I want to stencil and embroidery the squares. Need to get embroidery floss the next time I am in Hobby Lobby. Well off to get something accomplished.

Best to you all,
Sandra

o

then Sharon mails to (Amy) Serenity_lane_ga - mailed

Lorilynngardens mails to Linda first - mailed

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!! :-)

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Hello Everyone I know it's late and most will see this tomorrow.....My sweet Hubby took me to dinner and a movie since he was working on my Anniversary......anyhow, I recieved my package today it came after we left for town...LOL...so I just opened it and this is what I got... Red heart kind of floral small print, Green Shamrock Small clover print, Purple/Lavender small flower print, and the last print is Purple with windows that have different Spices or Herbs in them it's Really Pretty!!! There were 2 Magazines 1 on Quilting and the other on Gardening, there were seeds, Blue Flax, Moss Rose and Hardneck Garlic.....also Confettit hat fell out every where....LOL!!! Oh and the strange thing is that we both went out and bought the same bouquet of lollipops?? to send to each other?? that's kind of funny!! oh well Great Minds think alike....right!!! The Purple flowered fabric and the Purple with windows,spices and herbs I have already decided that I am going to make a cushion for my grandmothers kitchen stool that now sits in my kitchen, with those 2 pieces of fabric. Thank you, Gmom for eveything!!!

o

Amy, You are welcome! Great minds do think alike. Glad you like the package.
gmom

o

Dan, Linda, I am not sure how soon I need to start a new thread like a 2nd thread for this month's swap posts. If you know of when I should do this please let me know.

then Sharon mails to (Amy) Serenity_lane_ga - received

Lorilynngardens mails to Linda first - mailed

I want to encourage everyone to do a GardenWeb Rate & Review post once you have received your package from your partner. I put a link at the bottom of this post for the GW R&R's page. Some of our members do not yet have a Rate & Review post so this would probably help them with their trading here on GW. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!! :-)

Best to you,
Sandra

Here is a link that might be useful: GardenWeb Rate & Review

o

Sandra, Why would you need to start a 2nd thread? A thread can hold 150 posts. We start a new one each month for the new exchange.

Bev

o

Sandra, this will make the 102nd post, and like Bev says, you can have 150 per thread. This swap is just about over, so I don't see the need to start another thread unless everyone suddenly gets extremely chatty.

On another subject, there is a pretty good sale going on over at fabric.com right now. You get free shipping on orders over $35 all the time, and they've got fabric on sale at less than $5 a yard. I bought a bunch of panels last night.

Everyone have themselves a great weekend! I've got the next 4 days off from work, and other than an appointment at the vet for Miss Stella and some grocery shopping in the morning, I've got them all to myself! I'm hoping to get some sewing done. We'll see!

Dan

o

Hi Bev and Dan thanks for letting me know it will hold 150 posts - that's what I was trying to figure out. So looks like I won't be needing to start a 2nd thread. 2 of my nephews are spending the night with my son tonight. It's like having 3 loveable tornadoes in my house. Got them all in their pj's, but these 3 small children don't seem near ready to go to bed yet. Looks like it is going to be a late night. Will check back on the swap tomorrow evening after the tornadoes have gone home.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Sandra, what fun to have a household of little ones. I miss those days. If each of my kids had a friend over, we'd go from 4 to 8 monsters and it was a blast!

o

Sandra and Bev,
All mine are grown as I have told you before, So we went last night from 0 to 2 angels/mini monsters (grandsons), then today from 2/5 of the same now the are finally dwindling down thank goodness we are getting alittle to old or they are alittle out of our league lol.....oh my tired and ready to relax and do something I like to do now!!!
Have a good Evening Everyone!!!

o

I enjoyed getting to visit with my family. After a full 24 hours of 3 to 4 kids non-stop I am a little exhausted. The tornadoes have gone home, the toys have been picked up, and am now enjoying some me time embroidering squares for my Grandma's quilt top. Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and has a great week! :-)

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Please join us for our March Seeds-N-Stitches Swap at the link below.

Best to you,
Sandra

Here is a link that might be useful: March Seeds-N-Stitches Swap

o

then Sharon mails to (Amy) Serenity_lane_ga - received

Lorilynngardens mails to Linda first - mailed / NOT received

I want to encourage everyone to do a GardenWeb Rate & Review post once you have received your package from your partner. Hope everyone has a great week.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

This swap is now officially closed.

Best to you,
Sandra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here