Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
purpleacres

NEW: Acres 'Squash it up' swap

purpleacres
15 years ago

Howdee,

Lets squash it up. Have you ever noticed that some vegetables squish and squash better than others. Some make a nice thud but most Squash really well. Take SQUASH for example there name says it all. There for this will be an all squash swap.

This Swap will be for squashes of all varieties only. Summer squash, Winter squash and Pumpkin.

..........This swap must receive 10 sign ups before it will be a go.

please note: That if this swap goes and my Tomato & pepper SWAP goes I will allow them to be shipped in the same mailer. Please know they should be packaged separately (separated) because they are two completely different swaps.

Acres

NOW THE RULES

Summer squash, Winter squash and Pumpkins only.

All seeds must be clearly marked and packed correctly. The more info the better.

All seed packages should contain at least 10 seeds.

You will receive at least the amount of packages you send in most likely more..

You must send a wish list if your except to receive certain seeds back.

You must attach the correct amount of postage to the self addressed stamped bubble mailer or address labels and stamps to get the mailer back to you.

Must use bubble mailer. SEEDS CRUSH

You must send your full name on the mailer , mailing address, garden web name and email address on a card or added to your lists. This helps me a lot. Emailing it too me works as well

A list of seeds you sent is recommenced. This helps so you donÂt get your own seeds back..

One person must not send in more than 2 copies of one certain seed.

One person must not send in more than 50 seed packages.

No side trades will be accepted.

all mailers are due at my house by February21st . Packages will be filled in order of arrival.

All mailers will leave my house headed back to you by March 7th

Sorry for all the rules it just makes a better and more organized swap and a lot easier if rules are involved. With only my self doing the swap as much information I can get is the best.

Acres

Please post here if interested and I will email you my postal address.

I have 5 people that gave me a maybe.... Booberry85, Kamiljablo, markcase1964, NcGardengirl, Thehills. Please email me or post so I know your in.

Comments (55)

• thehills2
    15 years ago

Acres - I would love to participate, I only have a few seed packs (5 or 6) to share, but will send in with the tomato and pepper swap. Thanks for organizing. thehills

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

I'm IN! I guess I am number 6!

Mark

• carolynp
    15 years ago

I'm in, sounds like a blast.

• yotetrapper
    15 years ago

Number 9 is IN. come on, one more person. I'm in I'm in I'm in. Thanks for TEMPTING me acres LOL.

• luvgardening2
    15 years ago

ME! Sign me up PLEASE! It's a GO.

Nancy

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

Hi! I'd like to join too I don't have a lot but I will send in with tomatoes and peppers for the other swap too. I would love to try some new veggies. Thank you for hosting! Amy

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Howdee

THIS SWAP IS A GO.

Please note that I have no problems having both swaps being shipped in same mailer. Just seperate each swap with bag. so if you send in seeds for both swaps you should send in two wish lists and two seed lists. One for each swap Example one seed list and one wish list for tomato pepper swap and one wish list and one seed list for squash it up swap.

SORRY I dont wish to bump up the amount of single varities sent in. The max 2 packs per variety will help so no one get too many duplicates.

If you have any question please post here so I can keep it straight.

This swap will have a max person sign up of 25 people.

Acres

Acres "squash it up" swap sign up list

1 Kamiljablo

2. Booberry85

3. Dirtdiggin

4. Ncgardengirl (maybe)

5. Patti1957

6. The hills2

7 Markcase1964

8. Carolynp

9. Yotetrapper

1. Luvgardening2

2. Amybabyboy3

MAx sign up number is 25 people.

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Please sign me up. :)

• joy_unspeakable
    15 years ago

Sign me up Please.
    Tracy

• haymay
    15 years ago

i'd like to join both the squash and tomato swap

thanks
    haymay

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Count me in too! :)

~Wendy

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

Acres,
    Will you email me your address when you get a chance? Thank you, Amy

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    15 years ago

howdee

I have you all signed up and you all have been emailed. Check spam folder for email if you have not got it yet.

1 Kamiljablo

2. Booberry85

3. Dirtdiggin

4. Ncgardengirl (maybe)

5. Patti1957

6. The hills2

7 Markcase1964

8. Carolynp

9. Yotetrapper

1. Luvgardening2

2. Amybabyboy3

12.Southerncharm1

13 Sassybutterfly_2008

Max number of sign up is 25

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

ok, ok you can take the maybe off my name,,,I commit!! LOL.

:) Fran

• strmywthr3
    15 years ago

I'll join in!

• joy_unspeakable
    15 years ago

Don't forget me! I didn't make the list. :)

• andreaz6wv
    15 years ago

Hi,

I'd like to join this one. I don't have too many squashes,but pumpkins make it fun for me.

Thanks,
    Andrea

• haymay
    15 years ago

whats your address again? i'll start packaging seeds

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Haymay fix your garden web so members can email you. pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee It would make contacting you so my easier. I did send you info for swap but had to look through about 200 emails to do it.

Acres

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Have 20 packets ready to go! Stayed up way past my bedtime packing them! It seems like I should have a few more pumpkin seeds around here somewhere. Couldn't put my hands on them last night. I'm going to hunt around for the seeds.
    :)

• haymay
    15 years ago

sorry about that its fixed now

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

I thought I signed for this? Maybe I didnt yet? Christy

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Boo-- that sounds great you always seems soo organized.

Haymay-- your all set now and THANK YOU MUCH

Bonechickchris-- I had you down twice I must of really wanted you in it LOL

1 Kamiljablo

2. Booberry85

3. Dirtdiggin

4. Ncgardengirl (maybe)

5. Patti1957

6. The hills2

7 Markcase1964

8. Carolynp

9. Yotetrapper

1. Luvgardening2

2. Amybabyboy3

12.Southerncharm1

13 Sassybutterfly_2008

14 Bonechickchris

15, stmywthr3

1. Joy_unspeakable

2. Andrea6wv

3. Haymay

Max number of sign up is 25

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Seeds are on the way :)

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Seeds are in the mail! When I counted up the packets, I only had 19 though, not 20.

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Please sign me up. I would also like to be in the tomato/pepper swap. Is it to late. I am not finding it, but I will go look more. Thanks. Nichol

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

Seeds are in the mail. Thanks, Amy

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow diggindirt and amybabyboy3 you both are totally great for sending in early. I hate it when mailers are sent in late.

I was actually thinking of moving up the date the seeds have sent in by a week. But it may mess up a few other swaps. So just know mailers are filled in order of arrival so if I get your mailer last the selection of seeds may not be great. This is how I have done swaps for year and it seems to work out great. I do go through and make sure every one gets a few off there wish list.

gardenmom2 Your in :-) and thanks for fixing your email through the site.

Have a great weekend ya all

Acres

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Ok silly question to most of you probably buttttt : are gourd seeds considered squash??????? Just wondering. Sorry for being kinda ditzy on that one.

• andreaz6wv
    15 years ago

gardenmom2, I was thinking of asking that the other day :) If it's not I might try hosting a gourd swap in a few weeks.

I hope to get my envelope out Monday.

Andrea

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Yeah, I am about ready to mail out mine too, just wondered about the gourd thing though ?????? If not count me in on a gourd swap, too.

• luvgardening2
    15 years ago

Are we posting out wish list and what we are sending in like the Acres Swap? Or are we just sending in a list to Tracy? I kind of wanted a clue of what kind of squash everyone had on their want list. I did not want to send stuff that no one was interested in.

Nancy

• luvgardening2
    15 years ago

sorry! I meant "OUR"

• opie12
    15 years ago

Ok, if there is still room I wanna join in this one too:-)

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Howdee there

What a weekend so far :-) My Acres Edible swap is comming to an end and I have been busy busy busy.

Gardenmom2- some gourds are squashes according to the quick search I did. My hubby wants to grow bird house gourds if you have them (hint hint) I will allow gourds in this swap because I guess gourds are sqaush.. LOL Who knew.

AndreaZ26wv - good luck with the gourd swap and thanks for the undate on the mailer.

LuvGardening2 - A wish list is a great idea. I have a few on my wish list on GW. The weirder the better.

Opie - Your in so get busy packing :-)

Dirtdiggin - Got your mailer. You did everything perfect, Thanks.

Remember you all. All mailers will be filled in order received. So the sooner your mailer gets here the better selection you get :)

Think that is it for now

Hurry and pack those mailers up

Acres

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

PurpleAcres - Thanks for answering on the gourds. I have a couple people sending me birdhouse gourds, so if I get them in I will share :) Who needs 50 of them anyway ??? If I don't get them in timeto send in for this trade, I will get them to you. Nichol

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Tracy I was going to ask you about grouds too, yes they pretty much are squash some are actually edible...not to sure I would fancy that myself though...but wasn't sure and then I forgot..you know, it happens...lol.

:) Fran

• luvgardening2
    15 years ago

I've actually eaten Birdhouse Gourds and Luffa's in their "young" stage and they are quite tasty. When I was little, my granny would grow the Birdhouse Gourds every year. We would eat most and she would save a couple for seeds. She told me when she was little, they saved the gourds to transport water.

Nancy

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Ok I am all set to mail out. I only had 12 packs, but I guess it was better than nothin. Plus, I will get some different ones in return so that is alright. Goin out tomorrow. When I get my birdhouse gourds, I'll get them to you Acres. :)

Nichol

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Nichol -- I just found birdhouse gourd at fred meyers half price sale woo hoo. I love sales.

Gourds are totally fine to send in for this swap. I just dont know for sure if i would eat them. MMMM yummy gourd just does not sound right

ACres

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Congrats ! LOL Sales are the best. That probably beat me shipping them to you plus you may have enough to trade.

• yotetrapper
    15 years ago

Well I guess I wont get the best selection LOL, I need to wait for my tomato envie to get here. AND my squash order.

• andreaz6wv
    15 years ago

Oh good news about gourds. I have some great seeds for those.

Andrea

• opie12
    15 years ago

Mine went in the mail today. They are in the same mailer with my tomato/peppers, but each swap is in its own bag :-)

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Yes, I mailed mine out today too. I also combined both swaps but they are each in their own labeled ziplock bag for you. I may end up sending you more, just depends what I get in the next week, but I really did not want to wait too long so I could get a couple good ones. :)
    Thanks, Nichol

• haymay
    15 years ago

my seeds went in the mail today!!!

• carolynp
    15 years ago

OK, what the heck is a side trade? I don't think I've done one, but I'm sorry if I did.

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

A side trade is where you agree to send someone specific a certain seed choice and put their name on it. You then would include it in your swap enve and the host is expected to put it in the other person's enve (the person it is marked for). It saves the traders some postage, but it puts a litte more work on the hostess, plus some may feel it is not fair to not send something in to a swap instead just to one person. I am not saying that is how I feel, by the way, I am just explaining what it is :) Some like em some don't Some hostess say they are fine and some don't.

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

Pretty please may I join this swap also ? i just came from the tomatoes & peppers swap, and if all goes well , i'll be able to be in both! Chris

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Howdee
    Howdee
    I have combined both the Acres 'tomato and pepper' swap and the Acres 'squash it up' swap post to one. The swaps are not combined just the posts. The link is below.
    Acres

Here is a link that might be useful: new thread for both swaps