Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hummingbirddaisy

~~~~~Queen of the Month ~ Nancy~~~~~

hummingbirddaisy
17 years ago

As Queen Deb steps down from her throne, she passes the crown on to Nancy. Nacy put the crown upon her head and takes her seat!

No!!! Royalty has not left........only changed!

Trumpet Sound ***************************

As of February 1st! Queen Deb shall retire, and Queen Nancy shall rule the Palace. So, start getting prepared now, to gift our new Queen.

Trumpet Sound***************************

Ok, so I have my own little party going on inside my head, LoL.

Have a wonderful month Nancy!

Tina

Comments (68)

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

tina, she's only fast because you are always slow!!! (i know, OUCH!) it was said with humor and love

• monipsych
    17 years ago

Ladies..... I do feel horrible for sending a cactus without contemplating the weather. It really didn't even cross my mind. I have apologized but it seems to keep getting brought up in other posts. And to be honest it's bothering me. I did try and send other nice things that Deb would like. And will try to do the same for Nancy. But if you would like me to bow out please replace me for April. I had the best intentions.
    Monica

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

monica, absolutely NOT - you should not bow out. i remember my first time swapping with a woman who was an AV collector. oh my goodness, i picked the nicest leaves, labeled them all, wrapped and packed them so perfectly and by the time they got to her MUSH. of course, she blasted me, but what the heck - live and learn, sh&t happens. heck, some people can't even wrap fragile things properly, so i wouldn't be too concerned about it. i've seen fragile things come in a box either just laid in or wrapped in one piece of newspaper. what's the purpose of sending something to someone if you don't care to wrap it properly?

stay in the swap. i don't think it was being "talked about", i think it was being noted that it wasn't a good idea due to temperature in the area in the event it didn't dawn on any other player. some areas probably can still get plants.

i don't for a minute believe that last month's partner did not appreciate the other things you sent. she just let you know the plant froze.

stay in, i am looking forward to getting to know you.

maryanne

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Monica,
    I loved and appreciated everything that you sent. No one is talking about your specific item you sent (cactus). Most areas can't receive live material right now. I'm sure each Queen will let everyone know when it's safe to ship plant material. Usually for Illinois, it's May 15th.

Stay in the swap, I'm really looking forward to getting to know you too!

Deb

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Monica You Are Not Leaving!
    The queen has spoken!LOL
    I am so sorry if I hurt anyones feelings when I asked for everyone to please not send plants.When I asked i had no other intention but to just give you all a heads up on our freezing temps.Its a balmy Zero here right now Brrrr

Well I think I will behave as a Queen today and order hubby around! hmm somehow I don't think that would fly too well.

Hope everyone has a Great Weekend! Stay Warm!!!
    Nancy

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

nancy, what type of crafting, if any, do you do? i think i read that on one of your questionnaires, but it wasn't specific.

inquiring minds want to know!

thanks
    maryanne

• snyder
    17 years ago

I sent your box today. Happy Birthday. Conf # is 0306 1070 0002 9248 6114 Ann (Snyder)

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

ooooo Thank You Ann! I will be on the lookout for it.I just feel so special : )

Maryanne,Craftwise I enjoy anything to do with nature.I enjoy making wreaths,centerpieces,decorating birdhouses etc.I used to love making candles and jewelry but haven't done either in some time.Maybe I will start up again : )

Well right now its a balmy 6 degrees.Its supposed to get up to 20 tomorrow.A real heat wave compared to the past week.I hope so because I really need to go into the city for some things.

Hope everyone is staying warm!!
    Hugs,Nancy

• galium
    17 years ago

Nancy, I'm so glad you liked your gifts. Yes I made the plant hanger. I'm down in sunny Florida at the library. People line up here to use their computers.

The weather has been a little cool and cloudy. There is sun today. The last thing I would ever do is complain. My daughter said that it's about 0 degrees in NJ. Up in the 70's by the end of the week here.

Hugs,
    Mariann

• andrea81
    17 years ago

Nancy,

I ordered your gift and it should ship tomorrow.

Here is the DC# 0306 1070 0001 8465 6359

I hope it gets there safely and you like it.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE QUEEN!!!!

Andrea

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

The Queen's Birthday package was mailed out today USPS #0306 1070 0004 0393 3810.

I hope you enjoy it your Majesty!

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Thanks Deb and Andrea ,I will be watching for them. I just Love being a Queen : )

Mariann,That plant hanger is so special to me.You are very talented.Hugs!!

Oh I finally made it to the postoffice today to pick up my mail and what a nice surprise from Ann. Oh Ann I love everything you sent.I received 2 cherry pie magnets and garden trowel,the neatest vintage valentines and a valentine box of candy and caramels(yummy)a friends suncatcher and a pretty Love sentiment plaque.a neat mocha candle,milk soap bar and musk body spray,8 packs of seed ( going to wintersow these next week),gardening how-to magazine.Taste of home cooking for 2 magazine(I Love The Recipes in There!).I can't wait to curl up in my chair with my candy and magazines tonight : ) Thanks sooo much Ann.I loved everything! I really do feel like a Queen : )
    Hugs,Nancy

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

nancy, your box was sent. i sent with confirmation, but don't hav the paper/receipt right here with me. you should get it in a few days. hope you enjoy the things i sent.

maryanne

• andrea81
    17 years ago

Nancy,

I checked and it says your package was delivered yesterday morning. I hope you got it okay. Not trying to be pushy, I just want to make sure it was received. I don't trust the post office.

:-)
    Andrea

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Oh I am doing the Happy Queen Dance again today!!I received 2 packages!!

Andrea!!! Thank You!!! I just picked up yours.They scanned it when it came in but *forgot* to let me know it was there.Idiots,If they would have killed it I would have went Postal on them! LOL No harm done, just a few brown blossoms to snip off.It is so gorgeous and I don't have that one : ) Andrea sent me the most Beautiful African Violet"Looking Glass" and it made the trip ALIVE!! Cha Cha Cha!! It was packed perfectly safe and The heat pack was still warm.Amazing job paking it Andrea!! Thanks so much Andrea..I will cherish it forever : )Hugs!!

I received a package from Deb today also,I Love it!! It is a Wicker basket filled with goodies! Oh where to begin?LOL I received seeds,I am really excited about the lavender but I love them all,Lemon Verbena handmade soaps,Oh I love how they smell. I love the votives too.Also white flowers soap and shower gel that smells awesome! I am gonna smell Great for a Long Time! Blank notecards with my Initial on them,Candy that looks like a bouquet of roses.Almost to pretty to eat...Almost..Yummy!!A realy cute Cardinal figurine and an adorable birdhouse plantstake with a little red bird on it,and 2 pkts of african violet food.Hey that plant food will come in super handy for the adorable african violet I received from Andrea!Thanks Deb! I Love it all!! Hugs : )

Deb and Andrea Thank You Both Soooo Much! I absolutely Love being Queen!

Hope everyone has a Great Weekend..I know I will!! Hee Hee
    Hugs All Around! My aren't I Huggie Today?
    Nancy

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Yee Haw!! Its Great Being Queen!! I received 2 more Boxes today.Boy am I getting spoiled!! Thanks Debbie in OK and Maryanne.I Loved Everything!!

First from Debbie in OK.....,Ohhhhh I wish you all could see this Birdfeeder she sent me.It is Huge and Is Absolutely Gorgeous! It Is Brass and Glass and Has 4 Feeding Stations.My Cardinals Will Be Eating In Style For Sure! Its Almost Too Pretty To Hang Outside. I Absolutely Love It Debbie!! And While My birds Are Enjoying Their New Feeder I Will Be Chowing Down On The Huge Bag Of Valentines Candy.ooooo Reeses Peanut Butter Cups Are My Fav!! Gotta Hide This From Hubby Or Won't Get Any Of It!! Thank You SO Much Debbie!! I Loved It!!

Then I dug Into The Box Maryanne sent me. Inside was a Beautiful Metal Bluebirds Welcome Sign that I have hanging in my entryway.Looks Great There. I Love It!!A Happy Birthday Cookie With My Name On It.I Already Scarfed That Down.It Tasted As Good As It Looked! Also a Sticky notepad Set That Says "Its Good To Be Queen" and you know...It Really Does! LOL I Bet You Made Them Didn't You Maryanne? I Love Them!! A Wreath Making Book.I Can Make Wreaths Til The Cows Come Home Now.There are So Many Neat ones I am Dying To Try Making! I am Going To try The Lemon Tea Tonight. Oh yes and a tube of For The Gardener Hand Cream.Gotta Know Where I Can Buy That.It Feels Great On My Hands.Also a lovely card.Thanks So Much Maryanne! I Loved Everything!!

Oh I Can't wait Til You All Get To Be Queen of The Month! It Is Absolutely Awesome!!
    Whew I am all worn out from the excitement of the day.I need to take a warm bath and snuggle down for the night.I'm not used to all this attention : )
    HUGS!!!!
    Nancy

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

nancy, glad to see it arrived safely. enjoy (p.s. were there any nuts in the box?).

that wreath book was pretty neat. of course i went through it page by page before sending it to you. a lot of interesting ideas and so much to do with nature :-) i remember years ago when my sister and i were in to making grapevine wreaths. we would sneak into my uncle's yard and cut down the vines. little did we know that we were killing them off. had to soak them n the tub forever to get them to bend. he used to get so mad at us, but we made some great wreaths. (i'd gladly welcome his hollar right about now )

anyway, glad you enjoyed the box. i did make the cookie ~~new recipe~~ and i ate all the mistakes. the hand cream came from either target or walmart. it might say it on the label. it is a nice one, lemongrass i believe.

maryanne

• monipsych
    17 years ago

Be expecting another package, I meant to get it in the mail on Saturday....but didn't make it. But it went out today. Confirmation # 03061070000158964930 I hope it makes it for Valentine's! (fingers crossed) Best Wishes.
    Monica

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

AW Nutz Maryanne!! I always forget something.Yes there were nuts in there too.Can't believe I forgot seeing how much I love cashews and brazil nuts.Sensory overload today I think.My brain isn't used to this much action in one day.Thank You!I found a neat Easter/Spring Wreath with birds that I am going to make in the book.If it turns out like I want I will post a pic. Oh the comment about your uncle brought back such fond memories of mine.Funny how that happens.

Ohhhh Monica,I will be on the lookout.Thank You!!

Hugs,
    Nancy

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Maryanne,Before I forget.... again... LOL Did you make the coating for those nuts?They are awesome.If you did,can I beg you to send me the recipe?
    Hugs,
    Nancy

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Wishing Everyone a...

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago
  • Boomer _Lady
    17 years ago

Nancy,
    I'm glad you like the birdfeeder. I think it's copper instead of brass though. I liked it so well that I bought myself one too. It was my Valentine's Day gift to me. LOL

Sounds like you are having a great month & it's only half over. Enjoy the rest of it.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone.

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi ladies - I found out today that I don't have tonsillitis, I have strep throat. We do believe that the strep (bacteria) has been raoming my body since mid November (which explains all the aches and pains and illness, 'BOUT TIME eh!!!)
    This afternoon I hit bottom and am feeling like death warmed over.
    I am on antibiotics, etc. etc. so hope to start feeling better soon.
    Nancy - I will be late, but I will get your royal gift :-) out as soon as I can.

My apologies for being delayed and not posting much.

Hugs,
    Tina

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Tina,Hope you are back among the living soon.I feel so sorry for you.Strep Throat is one of the worst things I ever remember having.Feel Better Soon Sweetie. :)

Debbie,I always have trouble telling brass and copper apart.Thank You! The birds just love the feeder! : )

Deb,Shirley and Debbie,I really loved your Valentines graphics : )

Now on to officail business!! LOL.....Have I told you all how great it is being Queen? I never want the month to end! LOL I received a wonderful box from Monica today.Oh where to begin?She sent me an adorable birdhouse that looks like a flower pot.My wrens will love it.Also a bluejay wind chime that I already have hanging,light house plant stakes,Heart shaped glass candle holders(very pretty),a gardenia candle that smells awesome,A bucilla pansies needlepoint kit ( thats one craft I really enjoy).A pair of pink socks with valentines hearts on them.These are really pretty. A crocus bulb growing kit that I am really eager to try.12 types of seed.I am going to enjoy these.Oh Dahlia seeds too! and then she sent me 2 of her favorite things which I am sure will become mine.A big bag of Dove heart shaped chocolates and a box of chi tea.I can't wait to try this tea.I feel calmer just thinking about it.Thank You Monica for the wonderful box.I love everything you sent!I feel like such a Royal Queen!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

hmmmm, i guess my valentine graphic was chopped liver, huh?

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

LOL Oh Maryanne I meant Maryanne...Not Shirley...I have no idea how I typed that.This Being a Queen Must Be Too Much For Me To Handle!There isn't even a Shirley here!!.Please foregive me??I meant YOU Maryanne : )
    Smiles : )
    Nancy

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

i've been called a lot of things, but never shirley! LOL

all hail the senile queen

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Maryanne " You're Shirley right about me being senile "LOL
    Hugs : )

• ggwrn
    17 years ago

Nancy,
    It sounds like you are getting some great goodies.
    I mailed out my package to you yesterday.
    Conf #03061070000062188057

Ginger

Deb,
    Are either of the banana pups that I sent to you still hanging in there??

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Mine went out today too. I forgot to include a bird suet cake recipe I meant to include it. I emailed it to you separately. Let me know if you got it. Conf # for your box is 0306 2400 0003 1100 3012

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Ginger,
    I did take a chance and plant them even though both turned brown and lost every leaf. Deep down in the center of the stalk, I noticed green. The pups regenerated a new plant, new stalk, new set of leaves from the brown paper base that seemed to peel off. I had no idea bananas were so hardy! I'm going to take a picture of both of them to show how they re-grew a new plant from an old dried up dead one!

Thanks for asking, I was going to update the pups progress and totally forgot.

Deb

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

sue g - i would love to have that recipe, if you wouldn't mind sharing with non-royalty.

deb, i would be intersted in seeing those pix as well.

i made rice pudding late tonight, it's sitting outside cooling down. i will not go to bed until i have at least a taste.

be well, stay warm
    maryanne

• ggwrn
    17 years ago

I'm glad to hear that the bananas survived. I keep mine in the garage all winter. They do okay, it gets pretty cold out there but I know it doesn't ever get down to freezing. You'll be surprised how fast they grow when you put them outside. My largest one is about 4 feet tall, I haven't had any bananas yet, I'm hoping for some this year.

Ginger

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Your Majesty ;-)

Sounds like you are getting some really great gifts. I will try and go over the posts today or tomorrow and see who all has sent and how hasn't so far.
    I am starting to feel almost human again! Thank you for the well wishes.

Hugs,
    Tina

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Here's the suet recipe, haven't tried it yet, but a local bird-watcher vouches for it.

Peanut Butter Suet
    From BirdwatcherÂs Digest

2 cups crunchy peanut butter
    4 cups quick cook oats
    2 cups lard
    4 cups corn meal
    2 cups white flower
    2/3 cup sugar

Melt peanut butter and lard in a large pot, over a low flame (crockpot set on high). Add the remaining ingredients. May also add 2 Â 3 cups raisins.

Place mixture into square freezer containers or use a large casserole pan and cut to fit suet feeders.

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Sorry I was out of touch all weekend.The real world called so the Queen had to take her crown off awhile.I keep telling everyone around home that I am "Queen" but that isn't flying with any of them.LOL Hate when that happens : )

Sue and Ginger I will be on the lookout for the goodies.Thanks so much.Its great to be Queen.

I can't wait until each of you has their reign with the crown.I am already thinking of gifts to shower you each with : )Being Queen is *FUN* hee hee

Tina,So happy you are starting to feel better : )

Maryanne,Yum...Was your rice pudding good?I just love that.Thats why I never make it too often.I can sit down and eat the whole batch if I'm not careful.: )

Sue I received your email with the recipe.Thank You : ) I whipped up a batch of the suet thismorning.It is a really good recipe.Really easy to work with compared to some others I have made.It smelled so good I almost licked the spoon.Noooo I didn't though! LOL .My birds are going to wonder why I am being especially nice to them.I know they will love it!

Well Queen needs to go play in the dirt awhile.Its 50 degrees right now so I am going to take advantage of it and go repot a bunch of my houseplants.

Hope everyone has a Nice Day : )
    Nancy

• galium
    17 years ago

How is our Queen doing??? Sounds like you're getting some wonderful gifts Nancy. What's with the 50 degrees in Z5?? It was 18 when I got up and now it's only 34. Send me some of that warm weather.

Hugs,
    Mariann

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Banana plant picture
    When it arrived it was limp/brown and lost every leaf. I cut the stalk (noticed a green center) and with in weeks new growth came out from the center. The outer layers of dried 'skin' remind me of corn husks. This is the second layer of brown skin that needs to be cut off. My camera's set on micro and shows every water spot. I'm going to use vinegar to clean up the leaves tomorrow. Whole milk also works just as well and makes the leaves really shiny.

Deb

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

I received 2 more boxes today from Ginger and Sue G. Both"Fit For A Queen".I really don't feel worthy of all this attention....but I am really loving it. LOL

Ginger sent an absolutely Gorgeous Blue Birdhouse with a Sunflower on the front.This will look wonderful in the yard.The birds will be fighting over it I am sure.I also received a cute hummingbird feeder.I feed alot of hummingbirds in the summer so it will get used alot I am certain.Also she sent 2 wonderful garden stakes,One is a Bee Happy Angel Garden Stake and the other is an Adorable Frog.Both will look wonderful in my containers.I really appreciate the plant fertilizer spikes.Those are one thing I go thru like mad! Thanks so much Ginger I loved everything you sent.

Sue sent me a wonderful box too.Notecards and Candle with my initial on them,and a mini photo frame.I love them!.A Floral Calender that I have hanging in my kitchen,A Victorian tin filled with Ghirardelli Chocolates and flower seeds.Yummy and Yummy!Also 2 ceramic floral flower pots.I always need pots so these and some of the fertilizer spikes will get used thisafternoon already.Oh the singing stuffed Goldfinch is adorable and he really does sound like one!Too Cute!A suet feeder and bar thats already hanging in my tree with birds all over it.An Audubon Field Guide to North American Birds that I can now use to identify the birds covering the suet feeder : ) I always wanted but never had an ID book.I will get so much use out of this! I will have it in hand all the time.Just as soon as I finish going thru the 4 Seasons of Sedona book you sent.I can get lost in the pictures.Wonderful!!Thanks Sue. I love everything!!

Well once again the Queen is overwhelmed by her court.
    Can't wait to repay all of your generosity. : )

Mariann,Right now it is 55 unbelievable degrees! Amazing.I will try and send some your way.LOL Hubby told me I better enjoy it..sounds like snow again this weekend : (

Hope everyone has a Beautiful Day!!
    Nancy

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

The stuffed birdy is from the Audobon Society too. They taped the real birdcalls for each type of stuffed bird. I thought that was really cool!

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Wow Sue,Thats amazing what they can do now.I told ya it looked and sounded just like a real one and now I know why.LOL Do they make other birds too I wonder?That is such a clever idea and he is just cute as a button. Thanks! ; )
    Nancy

• ggwrn
    17 years ago

Deb, the banana plant looks great, you must really have a green thumb.

Nancy,
    I'm glad you liked the items in the box. I hope the birds will use the birdhouse.

Ginger

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Ginger I am sure the birds will be fighting over the birdhouse.My wrens won't want to fly south next fall thats for sure! Thanks : )
    Nancy

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Nancy your box is ready to go, but I can't mail until Monday. DC# is 0306 2400 0000 0341 0104

Please forgive me for being so behind?
    Hugs,
    Tina

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Tina,No apology necessary.Hope you are feeling better.Are you ready for the next big storm?We are forcast for a foot of heavy wet snow and ice Saturday into Sunday so I bet you will be under the gun too : ( Pray it stays warm enough for just rain! Yeah...Right LOL

I have been having such a blast playing Queen this past month and appreciate the gifts you all showered me with.You are all such sweeties : ).Looking forward to each of you having your month on the throne : )Its a Great Place To Be!

Hope everyone has a great safe weekend!
    Hugs,Nancy

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

(NANCY) Looking forward to each of you having your month on the throne : )Its a Great Place To Be.

my dad used to call the "terlet" the throne. and yes, sometimes it's a great place to be.

they were calling for horrendous weather our way too. it's absolutely gorgeous out today. the last couple of days the wind has been outrageous. mild and sunny today. let's hope for the best.

be well, be safe, stay warm,
    maryanne

• galium
    17 years ago

Nancy, today is the last day of your reign. Hope you enjoyed the throne. I don't know about everyone else but I think the least you could do is give us titles. I think Lady Mariann sounds good.....

Hugs,
    Mariann

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Well Lady Mariann and all the rest of my Royal Court....Sniff.. sniff.. sob.. sob...Alas all good things must come to an end..I say as I am stepping from the throne(royal throne not toilet maryanne)LOL passing my crown on to Debbie(debbie_sw_ok) : )

I want to thank each and everyone of you for making my month so very special.I enjoyed all the gifts and deeply appreciate each of you soo much.Thanks for making me feel like a Queen.Now...Back To The Real World! DRAT!!

Sit back and Enjoy Your Reign Debbie : ) You Deserve It !!

One more Big ol' ((Royal Hug)) for all of you!

Nancy

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Tina,Thanks so much sweetie : ) I received my box today and a very sweet card.No need to apologize. Heavens I wasn't worried.I absolutely love everything you sent! Tina sent me an awesome Tony Stewart Nascar Cooler Bag(You must have esp girl LOL Yes!! He and Jimmie are our favorites!)Inside the bag was an awesome birdfeeder(love this), thistle sock and suet cake(love these too).Not only do I love them... my backyardbirds think you are "super tweet" for thinking of them : )Also she sent me a box of Raspberry Zinger Tea,Thats my favorite tea ever : )A bag of mini plastic cups that will come in very handy now.I am in the process of potting up all my baby av's and they are perfect size and also 2 packs of flower seeds.Painted Daisy and Oriental Poppy.I am anxious to get these sowed.
    Thanks so much Tina....and Thanks Again Everyone For Making My February Reign So Special.
    I Love You All : ))
    Nancy