Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fresc1000

Pumpkins, Squash, Gourds Swap?

fresc1000
9 years ago

Who is interested in a pumpkin/squash/gourd swap? I have never hosted before but am tossing the idea around.
So would you be interested, and do you have any suggestions for how to run the swap?

Comments (14)

• dm_kelly
    9 years ago

I'm interested but I'm still fairly new to the pumpkin squash thing and don't have very many type of seeds. I do, however, have a couple of the things on your want list if you're interested.

• fresc1000
    Original Author
    9 years ago

You do?! I was beginning to think the varieties on there were hopelessly uncommon :)
    I would love to do a trade if there's anything on my "have" list you're interested in.

• midwestfarmwife
    9 years ago

I don't have a large amount, but would like to join if more people sign up.

• dm_kelly
    9 years ago

I have Howden from my garden and cosmic purple carrots, Bakers creek I think. I'm out of town so I'm not sure what else I have so I'll let you know in a couple of days. Would you be interested?

• fresc1000
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I think so! Though I suppose I should wait till Feb, as I am in a few other swaps and have those on my wishlist!

• dreamingofmygardens
    9 years ago

I have seeds to swap. 5 varieties at least.

• katjaqu
    9 years ago

I have a few pumpkins and some squash.
    I know I would be interested in doing this.
    I'm in!
    Let me know.
    Please email katjaqu@aol.com
    Thanks Kathy J.

• lindamarie
    9 years ago

I have enough Giant Pink Banana Squash seeds for everyone

• midwestfarmwife
    9 years ago

I have Jumbo Pink Banana Squash too, and they work great for pumpkin bread. I froze lots of pt. bags that are bright orange. My biggest one yielded enough for 35 loaves!

I have some Table Queen Winter Squash and these pumpkins: Ct. Field, New England Sugar Pie, Jack-O-Lantern, Tiger Stripe, Mini, Batwing.

I also have Daisy Gourds.

• mcc371
    9 years ago

I'll join in the fun. I have some squash and pumpkins, and several different gourd seeds too.
    Let me know if you decide to host / do the swap fresc1000.

Tammy

• fresc1000
    Original Author
    9 years ago

You know what, let's do it! I'll host!
    I think I will keep it small since this is my first time hosting. Let's say no more than 20 packets per person. (Of course you can send more, but they will be bonus packets unless I end up with enough varieties to send you more). Even if you don't have much at all, and just want to get started in the squash world, send a few packets and I'll hook you up with some cool stuff from my own stash. I will make a new post tomorrow, with more details and official rules!

• dm_kelly
    9 years ago

Sound good! I'm just really getting into the pumpkin and squash growing so this'll be fun!

• fresc1000
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Posted the official swap (Splendid Squash Swap)! Please comment on that thread if you are still interested in participating!

• scorion1
    9 years ago

I would like to get in on the swap.