Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raggedyann161420

annie & sue's new group

raggedyann161420
15 years ago

I'm wondering how many of you would be interested in joining us in a new swap each month called ANNIE and SUE'S POTTING SHED. We know many of you belong to different groups and there are many great ones out there.

With this group we will be trading for named daylily, hosta and Iris. However, if you have ones that are unnamed, like all of us do, and want to trade them, that is fine just be sure to check with your partner first.

RULES:

1. You must be 18.

2. You must have a good trading record.

3. All swaps must be sent on time with delivery confirmation and plants must be sent priority.

4. Post when you have received your trade and what you received.

5. Please send nice size plants. If both partners agree, you can send plants that are small.

6. If you have a problem try to solve it with your partner in private; do not air your differences on the board. Of course you can always contact both Susie, or myself.

I'm sure other questions will arise and we can list those also. Please don't hesitate if you have some suggestions.

We hope you will join us!

Annie and Sue

Comments (23)

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Hi Annie and Sue, I have a few questions...What will you do about mailing during the winter months ?

If this a swap that will go for 12 months, I would think most people wouldnt have enough Iris, Hosta, and daylily to fill 12 boxes..

Will each month have a theme, or will you be able to send any of the three plants listed..according to what you have to offer ?

Sounds Like a great Idea, I would just like to know a little more, unfortunately, I dont have enough of those three plants to commit to 12 months...so I am looking forward to hearing more of your plans.

Also, is this a year long commitment, or will it be like the other groups where you just let them know each month if you will be participating.

Again, looking forward to hearing more...and good luck getting a new group going, sure sounds like fun !!

Kym

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kym, thanks so much for your interest.

Duing the off months late fall/winter we can do exchanges for gardening Items. Example, I'm in zone 5 and I can accept and send plants in September but that would be the latest. For the Fall months we could have a bulb exchange and of
    course send seeds.

Like all other swaps yes, each month would have a Theme.

I know I can't always participate in every swap, and I would not expect those that join to have to do every month. I'm going to suggest participate in as many as you can afford to play in. I know I'm watching my pennies and I hope the economy gets better.

I hope this helps with some of your questions and I'm sure Susie can add to this for you too.

Above all we want this to be fun-filled, and we would love to have you.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• skohler
    15 years ago

Hi Kym Nice to have you I remember our trade & How nice it was . & would love to have you join us as Annie said No you do Not have to Join every month .

Most of our bigger swaps will be mostly May- Oct With our Plants .

Winter month we will keep in touch with our members have a swap if they want ,chat about what
    type of plants we might like to have & where to find them at a great price :) FREE .
    I'm open to all type of plants as long as they are not invassive :)

well I need to sign off for the evening .will check back in tomorrow .

susie

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Susie, I remember our swap also, and I was just asking If you were still on the site... I think of your dad often..and I love the plants you sent.

I shall keep checking in..and put me down as a "maybe"

thanks for answering my questions !

Kym

• galium
    15 years ago

Great idea ladies-
    I'm bumping you up.
    Mariann

• kamiljablo
    15 years ago

Aww...I wish i was 18.....

• skohler
    15 years ago

MARIANN:& KYM Annie & I are just your normal Addicts when it comes to Irises :) & DAYLILIES & HOSTA"S ECT ECT ECT :)
    So Forgive us ;)

Annie twisted my arm yesterday & I findly gave in :) she is a smooth talker & she knows My weekness . PLANTS
    There will be a few Bugs In here we know All great groups have them But In time & with Input from the members as to what your looking for we can have a great place :)

We all know that we can only swap Plants from about april to 1st oct Most places . But Right now is the time to find others who are looking for certain plants to come join us to find what we like .

I Hope that also Mariann you Being a master gardener you will be able to talk dirt to us & we can learn a few tips in Gardening :)
    There is much I would like to know yet .

well I need to get my House in order today so you all have a great day will check back in later & Annie I hope to chat at you soon I have a few ??? for ya .

susie

• galium
    15 years ago

Susie-Actually I am not a Master Gardner. I have a BS in Horticulture and an AAS in Ornamental Hort. I had a few Master Gardner's working for me when I worked at our county Cooperative Extension. They were a great group of gardeners. You ladies can pick my brain any time you'd like. I think there is plenty of stuff rattling around in there.LOL
    I really hope this group gets more sign ups.
    Mariann

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

*sighhh I would love to join with you ladies but I am nowhere, NOWHERE near ready to start trading off 'named' anythings yet.. LOL Maybe in a year or two if I win the lotto and go on a DL/Iris/Hosta buying spree! :) Will check in and say hi tho!

Hugs and Goodluck! It sounds like a wonderful idea!

~Wendy

• skohler
    15 years ago

MARIANN : You still have more Knowledge then I do as an Want to be gardener :) There are many things I would like to know & still learning about :) .
    I try to Pick Plants that do not Need allot of care .

Sassyb: We all started out with very little & Look where we are now. Just By Joining into Groups :) So Hang in there & you will have more then you know within a year :)

Well I have to go get my meatballs made so you all have a great day .

susie

• maozamom NE Ohio
    15 years ago

I don't know that I have much in the line of daylilies or iris to trade but my hosta garden is getting crowded. I enjoy trading my plants for others I don't have.

mao

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm heading out to work, but will be off tomorrow and can post more. Mao, we would love to have you. I'm a hosta addic, in fact they were my first addiction many years ago. I have to admit I've become real fond of Iris and daylily too. Oh, and of course I love coralbells and lungwort also. Not to mention conflowers, Oh heck I like everything.

Mariann thanks for you interest and your knowledge on the plant world.

Everyone else , please reconsider and come join us. We would to have you.

I will check back in tomorrow.
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• zinaray
    15 years ago

what happen with this group?
    Toni

• skohler
    15 years ago

Tony
    Guess we all got busy with other life little things & not to many was ready to start a new group with so many others going on :) & with so many loosing jobs but I'm sure if you keep watch
    we may surprise you all :)

I'm sure when it gets close to trading plants
    we will put up a sign up sheet :) this group
    will only trade plants ONLY from MAY-OCT .

I would be very happy to trade some of my Daylilies
    for a few hosta or other irises & Daylilies & PLANTS I Don't Have & Plants I Don't Know I would like :) .

spring will be here soon so maybe others would like to join us :) hope to hear from you .

susie

• sguanzon
    15 years ago

If you decide to go ahead with this I'd love to join. I guess I missed this thread the first time around.........Sue G.

• skohler
    15 years ago

sue love to have you join us :) long time girl :)

susie

• just1morehosta
    15 years ago

Hello every one,
    Trades are really fun aren't they.
    I would be a little concerned about trading hosta,i would encourage all of you who want to trade, to please go check out the hosta forum,ask a few questions about the HVX Virus effecting hosta, or, i am sure you can google it to find out more on this subject.
    If you should receive, from any one, a hosta that infected with HVX,it can wipe out your whole collection.

PLEASE:

Do your self a favor,and look into this .
    I have not meant to dampen every ones joy about trading,but a sound warning is better than loosing all your beloved hostas.
    cAROL

• skohler
    15 years ago

thank you carol for the info we will all Be sure to check out the plants before we share them .

& I for One will go read up on this Ty
    susie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hello and Good Morning,

I'm home but have to return to work Monday for a meeting but then will be off again until next Friday. I've been struggling with this cold/virus since last Friday and it has really knocked me down. I'm on my 2nd round of antibiotics for it.

Tony, yes like Susie mentioned, with the economy being like it is, and with the many, many nice swaps there are. We just threw it out to get some ideas on what everyone thought about it, and if we would have enough participants for new swap.

Carol, thank you for the input. Yes, to be honest I've not traded for much for hosta due to the hosta virus. I should have mentioned we can trade hosta as long as we are sure they are virus free.

Sue G, we would love to have you!

Susie, I hope to catch you on line this morning.

I will be back later; I smell coffee,
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Newby question here: Are we trading 1 plant each month, are we trading a small box full ea. month, etc. I guess I am unsure as to what is expected each month. I have a few I could trade but not enough to go April - Oct. I would love to trade and increase what I do have, but need a lot more specifics before I commit.

Thanks ladies. Nice swap idea.

Nichol

• skohler
    15 years ago

NICHOL
    This is a monthly swap during the swap season I think each month we trade with someone new & not sure we have settled on how many plants I think it is up to what you have for trade each month .

For myself I like to share as many as I can get into a
    flat Rate box or lg prioity box . you can check your partners trade list & ask if there is something they have you would like is available .

I understand that you do not have to sign on each month.
    only when you have something to trade :) as long as they are PLANTS .

Hope you Join us

susie

• antiqueorchid
    15 years ago

Hi,
    Another newbie here. I have some hosta, more iris not sure of names and no daylilies. However, I do have quite a few other types of plants. i.e. sedums, phlox, raspberry wine bee balm, chelone lioni, physosteia,ect. Would these be exceptable trades for this type of group.
    Definitely interested if so.
    Thanks,
    Denise

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Susie,

Just wanted to double check......I thought this group decided not to form, but then I keep seeing new people interested

any word on if it is a go or not ??

BTW, I hope all is well with you !

Kym

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!