Pink Flowing

Red Flowering

Flowers

Veggies

Chocolate

OR

Chocolate SCENTED

Homemade card

Ok is that it? If anyone can think of something else to include then let me know.

OK, IF you choose to include other items that is entirely up to you and in no way is required. This is something that is meant to be fun for us, friendship oriented, and non-costly, so if a homecard and seeds are all you can do then please only do this. We all understand, and WE PICKED THIS IDEA to do and AGREED TO DO IT CHEAPLY!

DO NOT FORGET TO INCLUDE A HOMEMADE CARD, THIS CAN BE ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF. FANCY, FRILLY, A PIECE OF PAPER WITH HEARTS ON IT. WHATEVER YOU CAN DO, CHEAP AND EASY. HOWEVER YOU CHOOSE....ALSO WE HAVE THE WHOLE MONTH OF FEBRUARY TO SEND THIS IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THERE BEFORE FEB. 14 IT IS JUST THE THEME WE ARE USING. OK?

:) Fran

Comments (150)

• diene
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hello All;
    Here is my DC, I am not going to tell you who will be receiving this. Time will tell.
    diene

0103 8555 7496 3556 0167

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Mariann HONEY.... I LOVE YOU DEARLY and you KNOW it, BUT you were NOT posed to POST JUST YET WHO you received from....lol

OK SO, NOW you know Bunny (bless you heart) sent to Mariann...lol. Yes, I knew she was worried about the box and had sent word to tell me she would be mailing it out...I was amazed she was worried about the swap box too but she was.

Thanks Diene for the DC#...will be looking for ANY pics from your vacation :)

I have been working on my Wow swap pretty much all day. It is fun to see what comes in though and I am ALWAYS like OH, I WANTED THAT TOO! lol.

Anyway, have to go post another swap month I am hosting so off to go get that done before 12:00 midnight...

Talk later everyone, hope everyone is well.

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Hi Girls!

Diene, hope you had a great trip! I was in Jamaica once, I had a lot of fun, but we were only there for one day, not long enough to really take time to enjoy it.

Mariann, I'm glad it wasn't me that messed up this time! LOL! I can't believe Melissa got that box out so fast either with everything going on!

Here is a post I put on the PP thread yesterday, I don't feel like retyping it all....

*****Zack's daycare called me Wed. he was vomiting so I went and got him. He was sick all day poor little guy, but then Thur. morning he was just fine! BUT, by thurs afternoon, I started feeling bad! This is the worst I've been sick in years! No temp, just the stomach bug and body aches. And it seems that I pulled a muscle in the base of my head from all the vomiting. I had Jamie take me to urgent care on Sat. b/c I couldn't take the headache anymore, it was from the base of my head behind my right ear and all the way around to behind my eye. The Doc gave me muscle relaxers, and told me to take my headache RX and Aleve. I was taking 2 of all of them just to tolerate the headache. Today one of the docs at work said it sounds like my ocular nerve is irritated, and that could be why the muscle relaxer isn't working, he gave me a stronger one and wanted me to try that tonight when I went to bed, of course, I forgot to pick it up at the pharmacy, I was in a hurry to get Zack from daycare so I didn't have to pay an extra hour!
    So, that is what I've been up to the past 5 days, so much fun! And the weather has been great, in the upper 50's and low 60's! I haven't even been able to enjoy it : (

Just watch out for that stomach bug! And if someone says they have or have had it, RUN! It is a BAD one!
    And I still have this headache so reading is no fun! I will get my box together and post when it's sent. If I am not around for a few days don't worry : ) *****

I still have a terrible headache but I did take the stronger muscle relaxer tonight and hope it will help and I can get some sleep (well, at least as much sleep as I usually do) Now I am going to go fill up my hot water bottle and go lay on that and see if that helps : )

Night girls!
    (still not smoking, but the diet is a complete loss at this point! LOL)
    Vic

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Vic I am sorry you still are not feeling well, you need to get the stronger script filled if you haven't already.
    Glad you are not smoking still and don't give up on the diet, it took me many false starts to really get it and although I have slipped some this winter I don't consider it a pitfall and you can't look at it that way either. IF you do end up looking at it from that point of view you will NEVER get over the hurdle, stick to your guns girlfriend. YOU can do it, one step at a time.

Missing everyone, wish all would chat more here.

• galium
    15 years ago

OOOPs...Sorry it completely slipped my mind. I guess I was just so surprised that HNB was able to get mail out.

Vic-You poor girl...Hope you and Zack are better.

Hugs,
    Mariann

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Dearest Cupid,

I thank you for the bottom of my HEART, for the beautiful card, and some of the best seeds ever !! There were seeds with my card that I SOO wanted to Order, but I promised to be good this season, so thank you so very much !!

I am sending you a wheelbarrow full of hugs, and wishing you a wonderful Valentines Day.

I never get anything on Valentines day, so thanks soo much ! I will be sowing these seeds on Monday with my Wsing buddy Sue !

Thanks Cupid, you did my heart ( or garden) good !

Kym

( I promise to come back and post a picture)

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Vic,
    I hope you and Zack feel better soon!

Diene,
    I hope you had a wonderful time on vacation!

My Cupid box arrived last night! In my wonderful box was bulbs!
    Tulips "Claudia" & "Red Impression" also some "Salome" daffodil bulbs too!

Seeds- Fuschia Astilbe, Red beebalm

Body lotion, and an "Everday thoughts" day by day binder book

Also, the cutest matted print. It's pink with the saying "Everything is sweeter when shared with friends" oohh almost forgot to add the sweetest part of the box- LOTS of yummy chocolates sprinkled inside the box! Everything from Andes candy to Russell Stover, Hersheys, Ghirardelli!

Thank you so much Cupid! I LOVED my box! I'm planting the bulbs in pots today to add some beautiful color to my Mom's winding steps (in front of her house).

Hugs,
    Deb

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Ha Marian! Seems someone from our little group of 9 always forget about the secret sender clause.... I'm sure my turn is coming up!
    Deb, That sounds like a great box! It's great to hear from you:)
    Kym, You are going to have to share those seeds - made them sound so good I'm thinking I might need to add some to my wishlist!
    Vic, I hate that you have been sick (and Zack too). That stuff is really going around and taking its time about leaving. I hope you feel better soon!
    Fran, How are you holding up with all those hostess gigs? Your house must have stashes everywhere! Take some time to enjoy it if possible. I'd be a wreck!
    I can't believe Bunny was able to get that box out. She probably had it ready in advance as usual!
    We miss you Bunny! Nik

• diene
    15 years ago

Hello All;
    My box arrived yesterday and it had a beautiful homemade card as well as a great kitchen towel with a valentine motif. And a whole lot of seeds. When I opened up the box, the towel had all these little seeds in the grooves so I collected them. I am not sure which packet leaked but I saved the seeds.
    I received Bright Pink Silene, Hardy light pink hibiscus, Pink Sweet Peas, Galardia Burgundy, Pink and White Dianthus, White cleome, Red four O'Clock, red, pink & white coleus.
    Thank you cupid!!!
    diene

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Great boxes are going around as usual, we have a great
    group of gals and I am so glad we can share it each other.

diene, you received some nice pink and red goodies!

Kym had told me about her seeds already before she posted, she was THRILLED to pieces with them, her Cupid did a fine job!

Deb, your box was impressive too.

I am shocked that Bunny got her box out too. I knew she would though, she always has it ready and is ALWAYS worried about getting it out!
    jaleesia/Kathy had told me Bunny had said she was worried about it and to pass the message on to me that she got it mailed out.

OH btw, not sure if Bunny's mail is running right yet, so she had requested that she be told it is on the way so her hubby could pick it up at the PO because at the moment they are having to pick it up at the PO until it is running normal again. So if you haven't mailed out her package yet if you could email me I will let Kathy know so she can text the message to Bunny to know it might need to be picked up.

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

• galium
    15 years ago

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Happy Valentine's Day everybody!!! I have had the best day. My secret cupid package arrived today and I was so excited that I stopped working in the yard to come inside and ooh and ahh over my goodies.
    I received:
    The sweetest card. It said "You know how rain makes plants grow?" Then you open it up and it said, "Love makes friendships bloom!" It was truly special. She knows I value our friendship.
    I also received seeds:
    Love lies bleeding
    KMOGG pink
    Potentilla Monarch's velvet
    Gaillardia burgandy
    Chocolate Daisy
    Passion Vine
    Pink Butterfly Bush
    Penstemon Husker Red (I've been meaning to add this to my wishlist!)
    Balsam Bushy
    Knautia Macedonica
    These were so appreciated and some I've been wanting to try.
    I also received a pretty silver and stained glass heart (gorgeous!)
    A cup with hearts on it - full of cupid candy and chocolate hearts!
    A Valentine Grow kit - little terra cotta pot with Burning Love seeds.
    Valentine's Day pencils
    and a really pretty glass rose!
    And it all came in on Valentine's Day - How cool is that?
    Thanks so much Cupid for a great box of goodies. I love every inch of it!
    Nik

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Oops, I left out some of my goodies!
    I also received
    Gummi Bears
    Cotton Candy body spray
    A pink heart jewelry box
    and Sarah Kate and I both received valentine's socks (how sweet and thougtful -perfect size on both!)
    Again, Thanks cupid! I really needed this today. Nikki

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Woohooo a box arrived on Valentine's Day HOW perfect!!!
    What a treat that must have been!!!

Wonderful stuff going around. Woohoo

Mariann received
    Kym received
    Nikki received
    Diene received
    Deb received
    Fran waiting
    Marie waiting
    Vic waiting
    Bunny ??? no news

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Happy Late Valentines Day to everyone! :O)
    I wish I could post more, but this will have to be quick, as we're still working on the electric. (boy will I be glad when things get settled down! LOL)

Mariann~ I'm glad you received your box. Nik is right, I had it ready to go a week before the storm hit. :O) I was really worried about not fulfilling my obligations to the swap, so I made sure it got out to you. I hope you enjoyed everything.

Fran~ Thanks for everything. :O)

Hugs,
    Melissa

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Melissa,
    You KNOW I was worried about you and the babies. I wish I could have done something to actually help you out but things are rough for us around here at this moment too. Gosh I hope things can settle down for EVERYONE is our group here.
    At any rate just know I thought about you and the babies pretty much everyday. I could not imagine how hard going through that was during and after too. I know it is still hard and it is going to take a while to get this right again, but you will.
    The bright side is you now have more room to plant sun lovers and maybe a larger garden?
    I am glad everyone is safe and the things that were broken are replaceable for the most part. The important thing is you all are safe! I know it was a shame to lose all those trees.
    I am glad you are able to post again. Again let me say I am glad you and all are safe and no one was hurt. That is the most important.

Hope everyone is having a GREAT WEEKEND...
    I am swamped with my WOW Swap...lol

• galium
    15 years ago

Hi Girls-Melissa it's so great to see you posting. I was so shocked and delighted to get your box that I forgot I wasn't suppose to post your name.

We had a power outage during the storm that passed through here on Thursday and Friday. I spent Thursday night at my DD's. We had a lot of fun.

I've been so busy lately. Since I joined the PSP workshop/Lesson group my email has been stuffed to overflowing with emails. Everyone sends in their lessons to be reviewed by the instructors. I passed the first class so I thought I'd share a few of my Tags. Tubes are pictures or drawings that have no background. A Tag is a Tube with something written on it. The writing is suppose to look like it is part of the tube so it blends in. My next lessons are very hard. Eventually I'll be designing my own Tubes.

Hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day.
    Hugs,
    Mariann

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey Mariann,
    Would you do me a #3? with ncgardengirl and a Fran one PRETTY PLEASE IF I BEG REALLY MUCH AND ASK NICELY 3 TIMES???? man I WISH I could get invited to do that....I LOVE making those...I used to do it a long time ago, even designed a lot of my own....but the program I used is gone and I can NOT understand PSP...it confuses the dickens out of me!

Ok...gotta go cook the rest of supper...

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Hi All!

Melissa, so good to hear from you! I'm glad your power is back on! I bet it was ruff with all the little ones, esp. a new baby! I can't believe you were worried about the swap! As if we wouldn't understand! LOL
    But, it's good to know you can start getting things back to normal!

Mariann, those are great! You are doing a fine job!

Fran, what do you mean you are busy!?! You're only hosting what 3 swaps! LOL
    Well, you were complaining about being bored a while back, bet that is over now huh? : )

There has been some great boxes! I'm going to go back and see if I can figure out who sent to who, I never can get that! : )

Vic

• wynative
    15 years ago

Vic - glad your back. How is the little one? hope all are over the nasty's!

Mariann - Great job!! but the last one is really sweet. It reminds me of one of my favorite jokes:

Q. What did the Snail say when riding on the Turtles back?
    A. WWWWEEEEEEEEEEEE - as the wind blew threw his hair. LOL

I need to take classes to learn stuff like that - with no job, now would be the perfect time.

It is so dissapointing when I make seed packages and the glue doesn't stick! Then all the tiny seeds fall out getting all over every thing... sorry :)

Marie

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Just wanted to pop in and share some pictures real quick, since it's been awhile! :O) And besides....I haven't gotten to brag on my little flower in several weeks! LOL!

Guess what!! She discovered her THUMB!! Isn't that CUTE?? (ok, it won't be when she's older, but for now...let me just say "Awwwww!!!" LOL!)

{{gwi:1238296}}
    {{gwi:1238297}}

I suppose we'll have to break her of that habit like we did with my second oldest....He sucked his thumb until he was 4, and we tried everything (NOTHING worked, not even the hot pepper oil!!). But he started playing his brother's gameboy and he couldn't do that AND suck his thumb! So we just let him play all day, for about a week....and after that, he didn't suck his thumb anymore. (I can just hear the child experts groaning about the non-stop game playing! LOL)

Marie~ How are things going for you?? I've been thinking about you alot lately....how is the job search going?

Vic~ How are YOU?

Mariann & Fran~ Wow, you girls sound BUSY!! :O) Are things OK in your neck of the woods?

And Kym? Diene? What have ya'll been up to? Everything OK?

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bunny...AHHHHH...lol

I am slightly busy at the moment, but it is fun seeing what comes in you know? Some really nice seeds!

Yeah, WHERE is everyone?

• wynative
    15 years ago

Melissa,

Oh my - she is just to sweet!!! Job search? What jobs? It is terrible here - not even a waitress possition open till April :( sending you an email....

Marie

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey does anyone want to share pics of their cards? I wanna see them...you kow I like to lookie loo... :)

Ok off to go find something for supper...yeah, NOT I HATE COOKING I would NOT if I didn't have too!!!

:O Fran

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Mama Fran, if I lived close enough to ya, I'd cook for ya every night! I LOVE cooking! :O) I just don't get time to do the elaborate things anymore...can't imagine why!! LOL
    That's what I missed most about not having electric (ok...that AND hot water. WOW, I missed my showers!!)

ANYWAY, I'm just glad I can cook again. My second oldest turns 10 next week, and he wants his DEATH BY PEANUT BUTTER & CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE PIE. (and trust me on this...it IS death by PB. It's LOADED with PB. Just the smell of it turns me off pb and chocolate for weeks... Fabulous diet tool, I tell ya...) Sooooo....I've got to hit grandma up for some PB, since we ate all ours over the last few weeks...LOL...and scratch him together a pie.

Me....I'm gonna skip the PB pie (don't want to even LOOK at pb for many, MANY days....) and maybe naw on a carrot stick. Mmmmmm, boy! :O)

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

There you go Bunny, I bet all the PB was a turn off. I hardly ever eat it anymore although I like it..it is just not something I want anymore and IF I HAD to be forced to eat it for days on end I will prolly lose a lot more weight because I just couldn't stomach it!

I am currently caught up on the WOW Swap, thank goodness. I had 11 envies to do and those contained over 1500 seeds in them, I can't post an exact # because we MIGHT have a counts contest there, not sure just yet.
    I expect more seeds envies to arrive today. It is amazing the varieties that come in in one of these swaps...
    Fun though.

OK, well I hope all is well and everyone is doing super good!

Nikki honey, what is going on with you? You must be really really busy.

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Hi my Fran! I'm here - just wrapping up some odds and ends and getting ready for a test tonight. I had a rough week last week. My former pastor of 26 years passed away. It was like attending a great big family reunion - seeing all the folks I grew up with from all the years in the church. When my father passed away, I was young, and this pastor was truly like a father to me. Rough week! I'm off this week so I'm trying to play catch up on some packages I needed to send this month as well as some wintersowing. I really can't wait to see all the new plants this year since I've never WS before. Has anyone started WS annuals. I'm aching to get those going since I know they'll bloom for me quicker!
    Bunny, I have so missed seeing you! I've enjoyed seeing the outpouring of love from our gw friends. It is quite humbling! Those pics are adorable. Neither of mine would take anything but me (nursing is an amazing calmer - lol)
    Marie, I can't believe how precious a job is these days. I am so grateful to have a job that I enjoy. I know you can't wait to spring!
    Vic, Good luck guessing who sent. This one's got me stumped!
    Marianne, You are doing a great job with that class. Hey, what do you do with a tag and/or a tube?
    Deb, you are going to have to share some pics of the makeovers on your mom's house. Did you take some before and after?
    Kym, How's the wintersowing going? You are so lucky to have a WS budy.
    Diene, How's your finger? What are you up to lately?
    I'm off to get more studying done. Yall have a great week! Nik

• galium
    15 years ago

Fran-I can do #3 for you. Unfortunately I didn't write down which font I used. Darn!!! So, they may look a little different.

Melissa-That little girl just keeps getting cuter and cuter. Give her a hug for me.

Marie-The PSP group I'm in is on Yahoo Groups. But the owner has her own web site. So I never saw the group on yahoo. If I can find the link I'll let you know. She also has Paint Shop Pro 9 that you can download. The first group of lessons are fairly easy. I'm working on the first lesson in the next group. I had to get some help from one of the tutors. I'm hoping to finish it up by tomorrow.

Nik-I'm sorry to hear about your Pastor. Sending hugs. I didn't under stand your question "Hey, what do you do with a tag and/or a tube?"

I started Physical Therapy today. I'm starting out 2 days a week. One day in the pool and one in the department. My therapist is great! She knows exactly what I need.

Have a good evening girls,
    Hugs,
    Mariann

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Hey! We all get to spoil Mama Fran in a few weeks!! YAY!! I have REALLY been looking forward to getting this swap started, I mean..."REALLY REALLY" started! LOL!
    I love the thought of knowing who I'm sending to each month, before hand...so that I can start putting together a box JUST for that person. I love the other swaps, too...but I really enjoy the "I have a month or more to shop & I know JUST who I'm buying for!" thing in this swap. :O)
    And since I won't get to participate in other swaps for awhile, I WANT TO START THIS ONE!!! lol

So, first up we spoil Fran & then it's Kym, right?

Mama Fran, do you mind posting the line up again, so I can write everything down? (I should've already done that, huh??) I've been putting together boxes for You & Kym since December, but I'd like to get a start on the other gal's boxes, too.

There has been so much going on lately, none of it good (OBVIOUSLY!! lol) and I am really looking forward to spoiling Mama Fran a bit. :O) I love that part of swapping!

*ramble ramble*
    Enough of that! :O)

Mariann~ I hope the PT goes well & helps out!
    Nik~ Sending hugs your way!

Sending hugs out to EVERYONE, I know there are more than a few ladies that could use them today! :O)

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Hi,
    My package for this month is going out today. I won't post the DC# here, or everyone would figure out who I'm sending to, LOL. I'm usually good for doing that!

Mariann,
    Sounds like your healing well. I'm glad the physical therapy is working!

Melissa,
    Nice to see things are back to normal and your online again! Those ice pics were scary looking! I've never seen ice that thick! We usually have microbursts occasionally in the summer, with some tree damage, but nothing like that! I'm glad your Family is ok!

I have a million things to do today, and don't know where to start! I've been bouncing in between houses and it's getting rough. There isn't enough time in the day to get everything done! Better make this short and get back to work!

Hi Nik! I'll post more later! "HI" to everyone else!

Hugs,
    Deb

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

NEW SCHEDULE
    November---
    17-debbya/Deb (IL)(completed)
    December---
    Ornament AND Secret Santa Swap (completed)

January---
    BREAK

February---
    Cupid/Valentine Swap (3 to arrive still? Me, Vic, and Marie is that right?)

March---
    20ncgardengirl/Fran (NC)

April---
    10---flwers4ever/Kym (R.I.)

May---
    17---nikkineel/Nikki (GA)

June---
    18---vic_zn5/Vic (MT)

July---
    17---galium/Mariann (NJ)

August---
    23---wynative/Marie (WY)

September---
    26---hazelnutbunny/Melissa(AR)

October---
    12---diene/diene(MA)

Wow it just hit me today is February 20th it ia ALMOST time for this month to be over. It amazes me everytime I think about it how quickly the time goes by the older you get.

Bunny thanks for the hug for me I SURE do need it...
    did you see I am hosting 3 swaps for March? HOW did THAT HAPPEN? I hate you have all that stuff on you right now I can not begin to imagine HOW depressing it all is. KEEP your chin up and TRY not to let it get to you. Try REALLY hard!

YES we get to spoil MISS KYM in April I can not wait together stuff together :)!!!

Yes Deb those pics were beautifully errie didn't you think so too? I can only imagine what all those trees sounded like coming down. I have heard a few break and fall in the summer time while I was outside and THAT CREEPED me out I would have been terrified in all that.
    I hope you get to slow down soon, you sound like you need a break/rest.

Bunny how were the kids during the breaking? I can only imagine I scared they were. I went through Hurricane Hugo when I was 21, IT freaked me out to the point high winds still give the the heebie jeebies!

Nikki, I truly do not know what to say about the loss of your pastor, I know it hurts a lot to lose someone you are THAT close to. I can only offer you comfort over the miles to let you know you are also in my thoughts, you know this! If you need me email me. :) LOVE YAH GILRY!!! You will make it through all of this! You will, you hang in there. Study hard and do well!

What do you do with tags/tubes? Mariann is now making tags, a tube is a pic you put a TAG onto, A TAG is a signature OR a pic with words on it like Bunnies little Bunny up there, BEFORE the words it was a tube NOW it is a TAG.
    And if you meant what do you DO WITH THEM...well you POST THEM! ;)!!!

Vic honey, how is it going with you? Any more happenings with the co-worker? Have you been working with your injury? Where you able to? Gosh I don't see how if you were. HOw is Zack? His tude gotten better? Worse?

Marie, I am sorry you can't find a job. There are none anywhere! I know, our area is laying off left and right.
    You hang in there too, maybe you can make a quilt or two and sell them?

diene, how are you? Is your swap month going well? Is the box moving like you had hoped?/ I am sorry I had to drop out, I was really looking forward to it! I love TRUE RR's. Ihave been staying up working on this seed swap til 4:30am THIS morning I was up til 5:00am.

KYM?????????? What cha doin? LOL.

Mariann THANK YOU...you know we have missed our weighing in right? We will HAVE to next Monday! I will write it on the calendar and reminded you too! I was to busy to remember it as well. I am sorry.
    I will email you at some point about this PSP class! I want to do it...I REALLY need to learn HOW to use it it is on my puter and I don't because I can't understand it, and NO the book on it I am not understanding either..lol
    OH, and the things you asked me if I got, the posies? Yes I did!!! Woohooo! I am so excited about their arrival!!!

Ok, I HAVE to get back to sorting, I am going to be bombed with envies in the next couple of days, I will have about 30 at once! THAT is a LOT OF SEEDS!!!

OK folks, I hope to catch you all later (SOON!)

• diene
    15 years ago

don't rush life Fran!! Today is only the 18th but it is amazing how as one ages, the years start to fly. I remember as a kid how long a year seemed. Now....
    diene

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

WOOOOHOO, I want to thank my CUPID....THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH!!!

I received:
    A RED feather boa, yeap, that's me! LOL
    Pink Gardening Gloves, with pink coating
    Box of heart chocolates
    White Candle and a gold mosaic glass holder
    SouthernLiving at HOME set of four glass and wire Jamestown Votives thank you!
    20 Plant Markers
    Package of Seed bags (can you ever have enough?)
    Printable labels (HOW did you KNOW I NEEDED THESE???)
    The cutest HOMEMADE CARD...thany you ;)

For the outside:
    A Package of CRAZY LOVE DAHLIAS....THANK YOU SO VERY VERY VERY MUCH!

NOW the seeds:
    Full Packs of Burpee Signature:
    Zinnia 'Purity'
    Zinnia 'Red King'
    Zinnia 'Candy Cane Red on White'
    Full Packs of Fery-Morse:
    English Daisy 'Red Pomponette' (LOVE THESE)
    Spreading Petunia Tidal Wave Silver (THANK YOU I Love THESE and am too cheap to buy them for myself...LOL)
    Nasturtium 'Dwarf Cherry Rose' (Nasturtium are one of my all time favorites! thank you)

Hand Packed packets:
    Purple Passion Flower
    Hibiscus Red
    4:00 Pink
    Siberian Iris Purple
    Dasiy White
    Dianthus Pinks
    Pink Dahlia
    Cleome Spider Flower Pink/White
    Ginko Biloba
    Aster 'Red Breast'
    Sunflower 'Skyscraper'
    Columbine Wild REd
    Salvia Red
    Celosia 'Red Velvet'
    Sunflower 'Chianti'

I can not thank you enough for all these fabulous seeds and gifts. ALMOST everyone of these seeds I have picked up at a seed rack and put back telling myself I did not need them, with the exception of the English Daisy, I couldn't resist those, and after I planted them I wished I had gotten 2 packs and was unpset because they had sold out everywhere by the time I went back to look for some more.
    So, you really did well.
    My red themed bed will be gorgeous with these ress and pinks thrown in for contrast!
    WOW, I am so pleased, thank you again!!!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

RECEIVED:
    Mariann received
    Kym received
    Nikki received
    Diene received
    Deb received
    Fran recieved
    Marie waiting
    Vic waiting
    Bunny waiting ?

OK, when you folks receive let me know and then I guess I will go ahead and post March.

:) FRAN

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Wow, Fran! That was a great box! :O) Somebody loves you! LOL!

And yes, I am still waiting, so you may remove that question mark! :O)

• galium
    15 years ago

OK what's happening here? Our page has extended it's width. I have to keep sliding back and forth to read.LOL

My PSP classes are going well. It's become a little more difficult. I've availed myself of my tutor. She's great and so knowledgeable. I won't be just making tags. I'll be making tubes, animations and all kinds of graphics. Now I'm working on framing.

Fran-Your Birthday is coming around quickly. Looking forward to sending your presents. How did you end up doing 3 swaps this month??? You are going to be really busy. Those are wonderful gifts you received from your Cupid. I'm like you and wishing for spring. Yes, it makes time fly by. I've been trying to keep busy during the winter though and make every minute count. You have mail!

Deb-How is everything going with you? I see you are still rushing around trying to get everything done.

Marie-I'm so sorry you lost your job. I'll look for the Yahoo Group that my PSP group is in and send the link to you and Fran. It's a lot of work and time consuming. But worth every minute.

Melissa-Hope things are returning to normal for you.

Hugs to everyone
    Mariann

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

just moving us back to the front page

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Hi Bunny, so good to see you posting a little more:) How are things? I'd love to see more pics of your progress. Thank goodness the daylilies aren't up yet, right?
    Mariann, Sorry about my dumb question about the tags and tubes. I'm really illiterate when it comes to graphics. Notice, I only post in regular old black. About the only thing I know how to add is a pic from photobucket...
    Oooh Fran, you received your box. Did you have a chance to enjoy it among all those other envys and boxes coming in from the wow swap? I'd love to come help you if you were closer....
    Diene, I know what you mean about rushing life. First we rush through the week, for me I wish myself through a school year, and don't we all wait for spring? I'm learning to slow down and enjoy things more. I have one child already away in college and I don't want to turn around and have the other one gone too. Events of late have really caused me to want to enjoy each day for the itself. It's amazing how wintersowing has helped!
    Deb, Take pics!!!
    Vic, I hope the bug has cleared itself from your family. Let us know how you are doing.
    Marie, What fun things are you into these days?
    Thanks, everyone, for the hugs in losing my pastor. I really appreciate it!!! Nik

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi to everyone, sounds like some really nice items being recd this month, I know I was THRILLED with mine !!

Bunny, so glad to see you back with us, and I hope life gets closer to normal soon.

Id love to see more pics of the baby ! She is too adorable !

Is anyone outside working in the gardens yet ? Our ground and pond is still frozen here, BUT I am happy to say that the bulbs are all poking up out of the ground, so spring cant be far away !

I have mentioned this to Fran, but I wanted to let you all know...I will be away for my bday, so I hope it will be ok with you all, if I ask for the items to be sent mid to late month. Just wanted to mention this ahead of time !

I have been wintersowing, here and there...with some help from Sue (suecirish) I have 108 containers done, and she has 100...and we plan on sharing them.

So, how is everyone ? Can you beleive it is almost MARCH !!

Have a wonderful weekend,

Kym

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone!

YES! The Bug has left the building!!! hehe

AND!!! I GOT MY CUPID BOX : )

The first thing was an adorable card! This is soooo cute! I need to learn more crafting stuff!

Then.....

Seeds,
    Burpee Signature, Columbine Barlow Doubles mixed! Can't wait to see these bloom!
    Sunflower - Velvet Queen
    Moonflower - Double yellow
    Alyssum - Violet Queen
    Siberian Iris
    Alpine Columbine
    Candy Lily
    Canturbery Bells
    Cosmos - Bright Lights
    Wisteria
    Red Hollyhock
    Dwarf Beauty Phlox
    Feverfew - Virgo
    Red Beebalm
    Fuschia Astilbe
    Gilia Tricolor (had to look these up, they look really pretty!)

Dynasty Tulip Bulbs
    Dark Red Glad bulbs

Red and White polka dot dish towel and matching pot holders! (I need these bad! and they are so cute!)
    A cute magnet of a Cupid on a carousel horse
    And a bag of "Zip a Dee" mini suckers, just what I need while on the computer and the smoking urge strikes!

Thanks so much! I really enjoyed my box! And I love the towel and pot holders!

So, how is everyone else this weekend?
    It is supposed to be 50 today, we got 2 inches of snow yesterday and it is just about gone!
    It has been going back and forth from the 20's to the high 50's, and even hit 60 a few times! I can't wait for spring!!!

Melissa, Awwww! she is sooo adorable! I am doing good! Just busy, and working a lot : )
    How is the mess coming along? Looks like a lot of work ahead of you guys!

Nikki, so sorry to hear of your loss! You have been in my prayers! I hope you are feeling better.
    How is your neck? Sounds like an ongoing issue?

Mariann, how is the PT going? Do you like the pool days? I would like that part! I did start walking with a gal at work, only made it out one day! LOL, but I'm working on it! (well, thinking on it! hehe)

Fran, Great box!! How on earth did you have time to open and go through it with all you got going on?!?

diene, yep! Those years start flying don't they? I can't believe Zack will be 4 this June! He will be in college before I know it!

Deb, have you caught your breath yet? I'm glad things are getting easier on you as far as cleaning out your Mom's house, I hope it is almost over, I'm sure it has been a long road!

Marie, I hear ya on the job search! Don't give up, it will happen! I know when I talk to ppl around here they seemed to think Montana was not going to feel the effects of the economy, but it is here, not as bad as other places and I hope it doesn't get that way.

Kym, good to hear from you! How are things going?

Gotta go, we've got some running around to do today!

Vic

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Just moving us back up :) Fran

• wynative
    15 years ago

Hi ladies,
    Vik,
    ya they said that Wyoming wouldn't be affected by all the crap either. Maybe Washington doesn't know what they are talking about, huh? LOL I am applying for a job this afternoon - keeping my fingers crossed! Not my ideal postion but hey, it is a job :)

My life was turned upside down in the past 2 weeks - my cousin had a heart attack, my sister had heart surgery, my Aunt passed away and my husband & I separated. Between visiting 2 separate hospitals - 200 miles between them, attending services for my Aunt out of state, finding a house to rent and all that is involved with that - I am not getting anything done!

I made a list of all the stuff that needs to be done by Friday and it's the length of a football field! but I believe it is do-able, now I just need to keep repeating that to myself :) I found a house in the country although, the yard is a disaster area! There are some real nice big tree's for shade and that's about it. Hey, if any of you have nothing to do - I need help with painting, replacing dry wall, plumbing and CLEANING!! - it amazes me how much damage people do to the homes they live in when they don't own them and the PILES of JUNK they leave behind... They took out the goose neck under the bathroom sink, poked holes in the ceiling down stair's bedrooms, trash the refridge and left the water for the laundry on, in the mud room... WHY??? The owners are calving right now and are going to give me a break on the first month rent to fix things myself, YIPPY!

Good things: I get new furniture - some new-new and some just new to me, we get to paint any colors we want - my daughter wants HOT PINK! Spring Break is the second week of March - I have told her that her friends can come over and paint stripes and poka-dots on 2 of the walls and the 3rd will be a signature wall - she wants to use black. Should be pretty - hot pink and black but I have to tape the strips and make templates for the dots.

Well, I better get busy instead of just complaining about all I have to do...
    have a great week and I will keep everyon updated,
    Marie

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Marie, I true am sorry for hell week for you. This is what all this sounds like. Just BREATHE. You will get through it all will be better you will be happier this are gonna change for you! IN A GREAT GOOD POSITIVE WAY! Want me to keep repeating THAT to you?

Your daughters room will be pretty and unigue and she will love it! Her and her friends will have a blast painting it!
    My son wanted to do green/blank/white stripes with black trim and a black carpet in his room I was going to him but we moved out of that house before we got it situated because the landlady was insane! We lived there a month!

It will all be ok we will all get through all we have going on! One day at a time.

HERE IS MY NEW UPDATE: (just copied from another post it was easier)
    The good news for us is we just found a place to rent that we pretty much had been looking for for YEARS! The bad part is, I have to MOVE. The electric com. there is HIGHER then ANY OTHER ONE and the house is TINY, TINY, TINY!!! Gosh where am going to PUT EVERYTHING?
    The GOOD news is: There are over 50 acres available to use for horses/cows, we can have a pig, chickens, or any other animal it is already set up for a chicken house. There is a creek on it the yard is LARGE there is a HUGE garden spot and 2 more places the gentleman said we can put a garden if we want THERE ARE NO RESTRICTIONS TO THE LAND AT ALL! He said I can put in ALL the FLOWERS I wanted all he asked is we take care of the house with is NOT a problem and the place is CHEAPER then HERE and it is back in the area we used to live!
    Gee whiz I think I just convinced myself it is worth moving too after all. I have been dreading it but looking at the pluses there are more of those then there are minuses! BUT the major on is I HAVE TO MOVE, I HATE moving! And the house being smaller is a downer to me too but hey I get to plant whatever my heart desires how great is that?

I am happy about being able to plant whatever BUT the yard PRETTY much ALL of it is overgrown and has bramble bushes all over that will have to be cut out those stupid tree bush things can't think of what they are BUT we will be cutting wood and srubs out all summer and MAYBE YEARS to come IF we stay there any lenght of time. It will be a lot of work but no close neighbors and all the other pluses are well worth the move even though there will be a lot of losses too. I have a LOT of stuff that I am not willing to part with and will have to get a building I guess to store it all in.
    For the most part I am happy but NOT looking forward to moving in gerenal and all my plants are not up yet and I will be losing some of those I fear! It irks me to because I just started trading for them last season!
    No, I am not sure were all of them are even though I DID put plant markers up the stupid stray neighborhood cats scratched/laid/fought in the beds and misplaced the labels!

OH well, Marie I am truly sorry life hit you so hard these last few months if there was something I could do to help fix it I would!

diene, when I said I would go ahead and post the March month I meant after everyone had posted they had received. I KNEW it was going to be a few more days for those :) not rushing anything BELIEVE ME! Cause that means I will be one more year older!

Later everyone, please check in.

Boy howdy, I didn't mean to write a book!

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Whew, Mama Fran! Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate, yessirree! Well, I will have plenty of daylilies to share here shortly, if you're interested in those. I've got to move mine from the bed they're in, and I'm making a new bed for them. So between the moving, I will be thinning some out to trade. I've got some ear marked for Kathy right now, but I've still got LOTS that aren't spoken for.
    So if you're interested, just give me a holler. You can have all ya want! :O)
    Even if they aren't your thing (flower-wise), they make for some QUICK & SUPER EASY color in the yard. Might be just the pick-me-up you need!

Well, Girls....let me tell you about the latest "bunny brained" thing I did.
    At least...my HUBBY thinks it was bunny brained.
    UGH.

Ya'll know we have a woodstove....and this said woodstove is in a recessed chimney/fireplace, right? And this woodstove has a fan & thermostat on the BACK of the dadgum stove. Which means, hello, that to turn the fan ON or re-adjust the temperature, you have to lean OVER the stove. Which is VERY difficult for short people, that should go without saying.
    ANYHOO.
    I went to turn on the fan, cause I was cold....and I hear....SIZZLE SIZZLE SIZZLE SIZZLE.
    Thinking "What the hey???" I don't move as quickly as I should have. (duh)
    Well.....turns out the sizzle is the last foot or so of my HAIR!!

Now....I have hair down to my thighs.
    Or I did have.
    Hubby had to remove over a foot of it.
    All the while, saying things like:
    "You need to be more cognizant that you've got all this hair, Melissa."

And all the while, I'm bawling my head off.
    COGNIZANT??? What the HECK kinda word is THAT??
    COGNIZANT??? What, was that the word of the day today??

*sigh*

So now, I've only got hair to my back.
    And my hiney is cold.
    :O(

And that was MY night.

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Oh, and YES...feel free to laugh.
    I am, now.

Or maybe that's hysterical giggling.

Hmmmmmmm.....

• galium
    15 years ago

Marie-You have been going through so much. I really feel for you. Please unburden yourself here we're all there for you.

Fran-I didn't know you have to move. I guess I've not been paying attention. Having a lot of land to plant flowers is a big plus! When are you moving? I hope you can bring many of your plants with you.

Melissa-Your poor hair. Girl you are lucky! It could have been much worse. Sounds like something I'd do. What's this about your hiney getting cold??? You not wearing any clothes?LOL Except my hair is really short now. It was shoulder length but I got it all cut off last week.

Vic-I'm loving PT. I was in the pool last Thursday today I was, what they call, on land. She's giving me many stretching exercises. Trying to stabilize my hips and back. I'm only going 2 times a week now but hope to increase that in a few weeks. I really want to make the most of this because I can't afford to join a gym.

Nik-That wasn't a dumb question about tags and tubes. I just wasn't sure what you meant. When I have a few minutes I'll design one for this group. Everyone can email me with the name they want on it. I did that for Petal Pushers but it was a sparkle signature only.
    Have a great evening
    Mariann

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ahh Mariann, your such a sweetie! Not sure I said anything about moving in any group you are in until yesterdays posting.

MELISSA...YOU HAD HAIR!!! HOW, tell me prey tell did you FORGET THAT? No laughing at all, Mine WAS down 'bout midway of my back before June/July last year when I got that AWFUL RAGING ear infection. My ear hurt so bad and my hair had gotten and issue at the same time I was crying because of the ear pain and my hair being messed up so I tell the SO to SHAVE it all off just SHAVE IT! I am tired of all this mess.
    SO, he knowing I am in pain and wanted to accomidate me pulls out the clippers and gives me a trim. It was about 3 inches long. IF that much. It was AWFUL, I LOOKED terrible! BUT it was gone and nothing I could do about it. It will eventually grow back and yours has no where NEAR as long to get back to where it was as mine does! LOL.
    Mine thankfully has gone some, not much but it is no where NEAR as short as it was. Still shorter then I would like though.

Marie, I hope you get things straighten out. You let us know you are doing ok!

Hope everyone else is doing ok. BUNNY girl I will let you know about the plants. We have a LOT of underbrush and weeds and brush that will need to be cleared before I can start truly dreaming about landscaping.

The plants I am worried about moving are very very young plantlets I started from seeds last year. I dont think they will move well/ I will see what happenes with them.

I just found out today the road I will be living on has no MAIL DELIEVERY! OMG WHAT AM I GONNA DO??? (boohooohooohoooing, whine, whine, whine, whining now)

Ok well, Deb, I hope you will take a break soon. diene, how is the RR doing for you? Nikki, you feeling any better hon?

Vic, what's going on in your neck of the words? Give us a holler!

Kym I KNOW your still busy.

:( Fran

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I hate to do it because we are so close to the end of this one but BUMP...

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Just popping in for a minute (I have to clean up this house and I'm rewarding myself with some wintersowing afterwards:)
    Marie, I am so sorry to hear about your week. I can't imagine going through all of that in such a short period of time. My best advice is to take a break, don't make any big decisions right now, and let your loved ones help you when possible. You are in my prayers!
    Fran, I am going to email you soon. You have been super busy. Again, if only I were close enough to come help you!
    Kym, I'm so excited for you to be able to have a vacation in April! I can't wait to hear all about it!
    Bunny, I can't believe you burnt your hair. That is so... well, it's funny Bunny! I couldn't help but laugh. Maybe you should pamper yourself with a haircut day out and maybe chop some off for the locks of love. That would be fun!
    Mariann, I think I'm finally figuring out some of the tubes/tags stuff. I can't wait till you make one for us! Your creations are great!
    Vic, Waving with my good hand:) Just kidding!
    Deb, How's the weather for you? Have you been having any luck with your mom's stuff?
    Well, I'm off to finish cleaning. I hope everyone has a great week. Nik

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Don't feel bad about laughing, Nik....I am laughing now, I am. It was the entire "COGNIZANT" thing that really got me.
    I mean, honestly.
    Couldn't he have just spoken English there?? (or at least be sympathetic??)
    Guess you'd have to know my hubby to really think this is funny. The man comes up with words like that out of the blue. Like I said, I think he's got a "word of the day" calendar on his desk at work.
    Silly man.

Cognizant.
    Really.
    :P

Marie~ How are you holding up? I hope things are going well for you.

Fran~ Are you going to start another thread for the V-day swap, or just want the rest of us to post on your thread when we receive?

Ok, my computer keeps on doing crazy stuff. It's crashed 5 times THIS WEEK ALONE, and all my programs are coming up with weird signs and symbols instead of numbers and letters. (like my checkbook spreadsheet. UGH. Makes paying the bills really confusing. "well, dear...looks like we owe the electric company $ %#*.@@(* this month. LOL)
    Anyway, if I"m not on for a few days, ya'll know why.
    I can't understand the @$#&*@())(#$#@@ writing.

:O)