Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
southerncharm1_gw

new: incredible heirlooms-feb. cupids heirlooms swap

southerncharm1
15 years ago

Incredible Heirlooms Presents: Cupids Heirlooms

This month we will be swapping Heirloom edibles seeds that honor Valentine's Day, must have - Cupid, Love, heart etc in the name or produce edibles that are red, pink, or white.

Specifics ((Please read carefully)):

1. Sign ups will be open from January 5th.

2. Sign ups will close on January 26th.

3. Partners will be posted on the 27th. (Will be posted on a new thread)

4. You are required to send atleast 6 packets of seeds. (You may send opened packets but they must be equal to 6 full packets of seeds. You can also decide with your partner if you'd like to send more.)

5. Please send your partner a special Valentine card or gift.(something inexpensive, can be made by you or bought. :) )

6. Have your partners packages sent out by the 6th of February.

***If you have any questions about this swap or it's specifics please either post here or email me and I will respond ASAP.

Kathy(SouthernCharm1)

Comments (53)

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Christy, I'm hosting both and hoping I'll stay sane while I do it. hahaha! Whatever we have to tell ourselves for participating in all these swaps! ROFL I'm there with ya!!!

Bonnie, red edibles will work out just wonderfully. :)

Carolyn, it posted just fine. Glad to have you join us too! :)

Who's In:
    Christy/Bonechickchris
    Carolynp
    Bonnie/Highalttransplant

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

I would like to join. Please sign me up :)

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I got you down Dirtdiggin! :) Glad to have you join us. :D

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

bump tp the first page :)

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Who's In:
    Christy/Bonechickchris
    Carolynp
    Bonnie/Highalttransplant
    Dirtdiggin

Come on folks, don't be shy. :D

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

Bump :)

Where is everyone here? Like Kathy said, "Don't be shy!"

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We still have 13 days for sign ups. For the lurkers, if you would like to join remember our swaps are open to anyone, as long as you intend to send your part of the swap. :) No other stipulations here. :D

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

Kathy, maybe the name thing is throwing them off like it did me at first? For those who don't have anything with Love, Heart, or Cupid in the name, here are some other suggestions:

Red peppers
    Red tomatoes, or oxHEART tomatoes
    Scarlet runner beans
    Red noodle beans
    Beats
    Red lettuce
    Red carrots
    Red onions
    Red potatoes
    Red amaranth
    Red basil
    Strawberry popcorn
    Strawberries

... and then there's white cucumbers, white eggplant, white sweet corn, parsnips, and white pumpkins.

Now I know you lurkers have some of these in your seedbox!

Come on ... you know you want to join!!!

Bonnie

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

also, anything red, white, or pink,,,,,

something with the word sweet or sweetie for your "sweetheart"

something that sounds romantic, like "midnight ruffles" lettuce, oh la la!

Paris Island Lettuce, Paris, the city for lovers,

if you use your imagination, it is really easy to find seeds to fit the theme! Christy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Well yes, now that you, Bonnie and Christy put it this way I could see myself joining...hehe. I didn't/don't have any edibles that say Love, Cupid, Valentine, or Heart in it's name so I thought I better not join I have no theme veggies...BUT I DO have white ones...lol and RED ones and maybe even PINK ones...hehe. NOW, I am concerned about whehter or not these are heirloom veggies....hehe
    I KNOW I KNOW, I am making it complicated...yeap that's me alrighty! Complicated.

OK IF I join I would ask whom ever my parnter is to not send me anything other then seeds. I feel bad becasue I send seeds and then I get a box with other stuff in it...so, I would just request seeds and nothing more, not that I don't like other stuff, I just can't afford to send a lot all the time. oKey, DoKeY?

:) Fran

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

That would work, just let your partner know when you send the email to get the needed info to work out your swap. :)

Resident Complicated! ROFL

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

OH SC1 you are just too bad! You said >>>Resident Complicated! ROFL Oh and did I tell you I also got a reminder email? From the powers that be? It was in my OTHER email...hehe too funny!

Yeap, apparently I putted my nose where it wasn't wanted, hum wonder WHY no one else gets this email for trying to be HELPFUL?

Ok, I'm going to bed before I get another one! Don't wanna go to Disney MOM!

:)Fran

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

HAHAHA! We'll just call you "Resident Trouble Maker" AH HAHAHA! Shamie on you... ;D

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Bump! I'm still lurking for the moment.

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Me too Becky, I have joined a lot for Feb already and would hate to not give this one the full attention it deserves.

:) Fran RTM

• purpleacres
    15 years ago

howdee

this sounds fun I am just curious how it works.
    after partners are chose will I send my pack directly to my partner?

Thanks

Acres

please email directly I may not get back to the post right away. Thanks

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Tracy/Acres I emailed you. :)

Reminder - Still have 7 more days to sign up! :)

Who's In:
    Christy/Bonechickchris
    Carolynp
    Bonnie/Highalttransplant
    Dirtdiggin

Come on Becky and Fran! You know it just won't be the same without you two!!! :D

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Ok, I will stop sticking my big toe in the water and take the leap.

Are you ready?

Hold your breath...

Here comes the cannon ball.....

I'm In!

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Becky! YOU SPLASHED ME DOG ON IT....I DIDN'T want to get my hair wet! Now I am soaked through, thanks!
    I think you also got it in my drink, now I need to go get a fresh on, oh well. The ice had melted anyway.

OK, OK, I'm am going to the store today I will look to see what goodies I can seek there. If I find something I can do for this, I will join for sure.

Umm, are these just for edibles or can it be flowers too?

:) Fran RTM

• kamiljablo
    15 years ago

Hmmm...Can i Join?

Kamil

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Spits out water filled jaws... ROFL SO very glad to have you join us Becky!!! :D

Kamil, you wanna join in the pool or the swap? ROFL ;D

Fran... My mean bone was working on overload, it made me do it! hAHAHA *Looks all innocent*

Edible flowers, Fruit and veggies. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Edible Flower List

• kamiljablo
    15 years ago

Both!

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Jump right in Kamil!

Fran, ROFLMAO!!!! Do I need to pull you in?

• kamiljablo
    15 years ago

Okay, I am in lets play a game!

Kamil

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Marco!

• kamiljablo
    15 years ago

Polo!

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Marco?!?! HAHAHA

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

Polo! Atleast there is some kind of action going on here! Come on now guys, where is the LOVE???? Where are all those sign ups? Poor cupid is going to have his heart broken! There has to be a few others looking to join too! Christy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

No Becky, I was comfy sitting on the side thank you...just a little water I will dry soon enough if you stop splashing! Keep the water in the pool! LOL.

I do not make it to the store today!

:( Fran

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Do we need a new game? I spy with my little eye....something in my living room. Ok, you have 20 yes/no questions to figure out what it is!

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Is it the dogs? ;)

• dmboles
    15 years ago

I joined the other one but I am certainly ready for this one too.....Hooray for the fun....Hmmmm, if I run out of the right kind of swaps maybe I can just rename some of those unknown seeds I have and send them; I would use appropriate names, something like "Maybe these are your Heart's Desire", "Cupid Dropped These" or "Red and White or Blue and Green, here are seeds I've Never Seen"....Wow! Just imagine the surprise and delight on my partner's face when they pull these out of the box..........Hello to everyone.....JD

• booberry85
    15 years ago

JD, clever thinking, but I think that would be mean to do to your partner.

Kathy, no it's not the doggies. 19 yes / no questions left.

• dmboles
    15 years ago

LOL.....well, that throws a damper on my great idea...but I bet my partner is really going to be eager to see what type of surprise I send now.....don't worry... I promise to be good, maybe.....heeheehee....

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

Is it a princess castle dollhouse? Oh, wait, that's MY living room, LOL!

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

ooooh, do you think we can get our partners for the cupid and sunny swap a few days early? Like maybe on the weekend? I really really want to put an order in but would like to know who my partners are first. Oh pretty please???????
    Sorry if I sound like a pain! Since this is the busiest time of the year for seed shipping, I wanted to get the orders out asap. I would really like for my partner to get their box BEFORE Valentine's Day, and thought the extra days made up waiting here for partners might help out a bit if we get our partners a few days early.

I promise I won't beg anymore!Just this once? If everyone agrees, Christy

• booberry85
    15 years ago

"Is it a princess castle dollhouse? Oh, wait, that's MY living room" - ROFL! No, it's not that.

18 yes/no questions left

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Is it a plant?

• booberry85
    15 years ago

No it's not a plant. 17 questions left.

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I can post partners as soon as you all are ready for them. :D I was thinking about posting them today but want to make sure everyone that wants in gets in.

Is this everyone? Anyone else want in? Let me know ASAP. :D

Who's In:
    Kathy/SouthernCharm1
    Christy/Bonechickchris
    Carolynp
    Bonnie/Highalttransplant
    Toni/Dirtdiggin
    Kamil/KamilJablo
    Becky/Booberry
    JD/Dmboles

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Who's In:
    Kathy/SouthernCharm1
    Christy/Bonechickchris
    Carolynp
    Bonnie/Highalttransplant
    Toni/Dirtdiggin
    Kamil/KamilJablo
    Becky/Booberry
    JD/Dmboles
    Tracy/Acres

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

O hthank you soo much Kathy! Of course, I have no problem posting partners today! That would be awesome! I was hoping to get some orders out of the way before I get lost in tomato seed land for the next 3 weeks! Christy

• luvgardening2
    15 years ago

Kathy, ME please!

Nancy

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

Fine with me! I still need a couple of things for this swap, but if I knew who my partner was, it would make it easier to know what to get.

Bonnie

• patti1957
    15 years ago

Kathy,

I would like to join. When do the seeds need to be sent and are they sent to my partner or to you?

Thanks,
    Patti

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

Hi Patti!

Kathy will give us each a partner. And you and your partner send seeds and swap to each other only. It is not like the tomato swap where you need to send your seeds to a host.

Actually, this is how we usually do swaps here at IE, with partners. The tomato swap was an exception.
    It is really fun swapping with a partner!

Hope this helps! Happy you joined! Christy

• patti1957
    15 years ago

This sounds like fun, thanks Christy.

Patti

• carolynp
    15 years ago

I'm ready whenever you guys are. I'm only on a couple times a day now, lol, so if I don't get to my partner immediately, I will within a day.

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Who's In:
    Kathy/SouthernCharm1
    Christy/Bonechickchris
    Carolynp
    Bonnie/Highalttransplant
    Toni/Dirtdiggin
    Kamil/KamilJablo
    Becky/Booberry
    JD/Dmboles
    Tracy/Acres
    Nancy/Luvgardening2
    Patti/Patti1957

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Partners listed in new thread. Link below. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Cupids Heirlooms Swap Partners