Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beckilove

new: mnf: dreamin' of a green spring swap

beckilove
16 years ago

Welcome to the Make New Friends: Dreamin' of a Green Spring swap!

We are doing a very simple swap this month! As you may have been able to tell from other posts, my extra money is going to seeds right now, as I can't seem to think of anything but flowers growing in the spring! I'm sure several of us are still recovering from the holiday spending as well. So, this month, we will be sending our partner ONE THING for their garden. It could be a little decoration to put amongst their flowers, a package of plant labels, several packets of seeds from their wishlist, a new gardening tool, a new gardening book, whatever you can afford and you think your pal would love! PLUS, please send you partner one little garden secret or hint that you've learned or read along the way. Something we can all share, and maybe some of us will learn something we didn't know before!

You don't need to send your package Priority, but you MUST use delivery confirmation! I will take signups until January 12th, and packages will need to be sent by January 25th.

I can be emailed at beckilovegw@yahoo.com

So, here are the rules:

1. As per GW rules, you must be at least 18 years old to participate in this swap.

2. Signups go until the 12th, Packages must be sent by the 25th of January.

3. You can use Parcel Post if you like, but delivery confirmation is a MUST!

4. Keep it small and inexpensive!

5. Have fun!

If you are someone who likes to peak in and read, please post a HELLO! We love meeting NEW FRIENDS! Come on in and visit with us awhile!

Comments (150)

• medontdo
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

well, talla and i made laundry soap. much easier. only 5 ingredients. water, washing soda, lavender oil, ammonia, vinegar, water. how easy is that?? much easier than the other stuff!! LOL not as fun but oh well!! and much quicker!! LOL
    so you don't have alot of shade fishy??

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Well, my house faces west, so the sun sets in the front yard, so there is shade, but when it's 100 degrees by 10 am, it's not always enough.

• medontdo
    16 years ago

he he i know that one!! well except for the 100 by 10, LOL but whenever he decides to get that door in, my house will be facing north. :')) and i'll be seeing my georgous garden area!! LOL

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Hi everyone!
    Just wanted to let Becki know that her package was mailed out yesterday. No DC (cuz I forgot....oops) But it did go priority, so should be there tomorrow or Saturday. (I hope.)

It's been a rotten week here- whatever bug we've picked up just keeps making the rounds. I haven't been able to shake it yet, and had a fever up until last night. Hopefully, it won't come back...but Adora will be fine for a day, no fever or vomiting..and then she's sick again the next day. I have been Lysol-ing the HECK out of the house, every touchable surface I can get to. ( I think I should own stock in the Lysol company by now, by golly!) UGH But maybe that will help. But goodness...these are super bugs we're dealing with here!

So....How has everyone else's week been? Completely uneventful and boring, I hope! (well, you know what I mean!) LoL I saw some of my tulips peeking out from the snow this morning..and thought...CRUD!! They're not supposed to be up yet!!! :O( They're gonna freeze!! ACK! LoL Poor confused things...with the 70's last week, they totally thought spring was here. Now, we've got snow. *sigh*
    This weather is WEIRD. Good Golly.

Oooh! Becki, I tried your apple pie preserves recipe you emailed me last week (TY, BTW!! Forgot to tell you!!). I've been cooking like mad this week, when I get depressed or just don't feel good, I bake. Strange, I know...and probably not good for those who eat my cooking. Hmmm. ANYWAY, I left the preserves a bit runny, so that I could use them on waffles! YUM! But this was also my first time canning without a canner (um, what?) LoL So it was a fun expierment. But it worked great, and even hubby was impressed. I know, we're easily amused. Yay. :O)

• medontdo
    16 years ago

LOL sound like me!! easily amused!! have you tried running boiling water with a capful of tea tree oil in it? ever since i've started doing that, (all the time now) i keep coughing the crud up in my chest, my sinuses drain in the night right into my chest, by morning its hard to breath. and i'm coughing and it hurts. well now that stuff makes it easy, and at night i keep it on low-med. hubby's up all the time anyhow so he checks it.the tea tree oil is like an anti bacterial something or another? i don't remember.
    ok two new ones to the winter sowing list. jerusalem sage and lavandula stoechas "cocoa dark pink" . hope you all get better soon :')) lots of love!!

• beckilove
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh, Melissa! I am so sorry you guys aren't feeling well! I hope you are taking it easy! Poor little Adora! We've got a bug here too, but fortunately it's more just a head cold! I hope you all feel better soon! I hope the lysol help! I have bottles and bottles of it just for that!

My package came today! You are right on the ball, girl!! Wow! She sent me a new pair of gardening gloves (I can always use those!!), and the book "Canning & Preserving for Dummies"! Girl - would you believe I actually thought about ordering that book earlier this week, and then decided against it?! So what a wonderful surprise to find it now in my mailbox!!! Thank you so much, Melissa!!

One more week to mail, girls! Mine will be going out hopefully on Monday, Michele!

I am going through my list of seeds, finding growing instructions for all of them (what a chore!!), and realized I have lots that I should winter sow, so I guess sometime soon, I'll get that started too! I hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday!!!

Becki

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Hi Ladies

Melissa I hope you and your family get to feeling better. I am going to mail your goodies next week.

The tulips I planted, along with most of the other bulbs, have been coming up and are sooo pretty, (they haven't bloomed or anything) their "leaves" are soo rich looking so I think I would be happy even if they didn't bloom. I have lots of Cosmos (just found out that they are cosmos recently) blooming and ohhh myyy they are sooo pretty! I also have some Hyacinth Bean vines blooming pretty purple and pink. I planted some sugar peas and they are going crazy also (planted these for Alan, he loves peas lol he eats them frozen!). I have started alot of seeds and am waiting for my new greenhouse, should be here monday to put them in and off my buffet. We are to have a light freeze (32) on Sat. night so I am hoping everything will be ok. I picked all of the tomato's that were close to being ripe and am going to can some tomato sauce and pasta sauce so they don't spoil (of course I will also give some to my in-laws). Sheesh its started raining again! This is our winter... YUCKIE!!! My floors have muddy paw prints everywhere ... can't seem to get the kiddos to wipe their feet when they come inside dangie. We have been doing alot of re-arranging the house lately. Katie, Alan's g/f has moved in here (separate bedroom). I take her to school and places that she needs to go. She is 18 and a real sweetheart, she has had alot of problems with her family so if ya'll don't mind please keep her and us in ya'lls thoughts and prayers. She can't get her clothes or anything from her house (she wears the same size I do though so thats not a big deal), her mother is laying on some major guilt trips.

well better get,
    Ya'll have a great day.
    Pixie

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Wow, Miss Pix, you've got sprouts a poppin everywhere! I am green with envy! We have tons of whiteness here. Temps are going way down, snow is all over the place. I did a major grocery store run today. I stocked up on all the comfort food ingredients so we can hunker down for the next several days. Tonight we had Chicken and dumplings, tomorrow will probably be chili and cornbread. When I'm cold I gotta have bread!

I feel bad for your lil' Katy. I wish all parents could pull it together long enough to get the kids raised right so they will know how to be a good parent themselves someday. I am glad to know that you are helping her out. I hope her family pulls it together. Lots of prayers and hugs.

It looks like our family is finally at the tail end of all the flu bugs that have been hitting us. The fevers are all gone and we have a few lingering coughs and stuffy noses but that is it. Thank goodness! I hope that we can stay germ free for a looooong while now.

Tracy

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

well Ladies ma greenhouse came in today (to Walmart)!!! Fox wanted to go pick it up tonight but its too cold and wet outside for me tonight! He has been really attentive on all of my plantings which is weird and is excited about the greenhouse. (maybe its just cause he wants to put it together who knows!). He sat there while I was showing him all of my babies and telling him what each one was lol. Oh well I am excited and anxious for tomorrow and moving seedlings into their new home and starting more!

I got some difficult news tonight, shocking really. My dad has asked my mom (stepmom who I love dearly) for a divorce. The thing that is weird about it is that you would never have thought that they would ever be apart. He just started on diabetic meds in Dec. so I am wondering if they aren't having some kind of mental reaction on him as this happened two weeks ago and he still plans on their cruise in July, their Nascar Race in Feb, Missouri in April, it just doesn't make sense to me at all. I know this is kinda private info but if ya'll would just keep them in your thoughts and prayers also I'd appreciate it alot. My dad doesn't know I know, he hasn't mentioned it to anyone nor has my mom. Oh well Live comes at ya fast and then its over eh?

Smiles,
    Pixie

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Melissa hope you all feel better soon. pixi I need your addy and wish list, what is the swap for this month ?Still a bit cold for plants. hugs carol

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Carol, just sent you my addy via email.

Thanks,
    Pixie

• medontdo
    16 years ago

ohhh pixie, that stuff can make ya so mean!! so maybe thats just it. but we will definately keep them in our prayers!!
    fishy i soooo need your addy. please could you send it to me? :')) LOL i am so tired today. my tummy did that sick thing again!! yuck!! then grant brought me home 2 things of salt free crackers!! he's soo awesome!! :'))
    maybe fox's happy cuz your babies will be in the place and you won't be so worried about them anymore? which will make you happy, which will make him happy? LOL
    hope ya'll get better soon bunny!! this weather is bad on everyone! we seem to be lucky!! that's for sure! except when i watched brice. talla got sick 1 day then me for a few but that's it. but i've seen alot of people here in town who've been sick who can't shake it, whatever "it" is. thank goodness for the tea tree oil, and of course i wash the clothes and rinse them with lavender oil. so that might help very minimal. LOL and of course the kids don't go to school so the only viruses they are introduced to are the ones if grant brings home. but he "rarely" gets sick. he starts the 28th at the prison. state job!! more mulah!! LOL we'll get back on track!! ya baby!! less stress!! hope ya'll have great weekend ;')

• beckilove
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Carol - we are just sending something that will be nice for our partner's garden. Try to limit it to $5 - be it some packs of seeds (from their wishlist, if you have them), labels, gloves - just keep it simple! And a garden tip or lore you've picked up along the way!

That reminds me, Melissa also sent along a list of herbal fertilizers and insecticides - it was inside the cover of the book, and I didn't find it until I went to look at the book! :) Here it is:

Herbal Fertilizers - to make any of these, pour 4 cups boiling water over 2 tablespoons dried herbs. Cover & steep for 10 minutes. Strain and use immediately.
    Coltsfoot for sulfur & potassium
    Couchgrass for minerals, potassium and silica
    Dandelion for copper
    Dill for minerals, potassium, sulfer and sodium
    Fathen for iron and minerals
    Fenusreek for nitrates and calcium
    Hosetail for silica
    Nettle for iron, nitrogen, minerals and trace elements
    Sunflower stalk for potash
    Tansy for potassium and minerals
    Tea for nitrogen, phosphoric acid, manganese and potash
    Yarrow for copper and is a good general fertilizer

Organic Insecticides - Make the same way as fertilizers
    Elder Leaves for aphids
    Rhubarb leaves for aphids
    Basil for aphids
    Garlic for aphids (use 2 crushed cloves per 2 1/2 C. water)
    Costmary leaves for general insecticide
    Fleabane for strong insecticide
    Wormwood leaves for caterpillars, moths, fleas, beetles and aphids - use only on mature plants
    Pyrethrum for common sucking pests, bedbugs, mosquitos, cockroaches and flys

Wow - what a list! I've never even hear of some of these herbs!! But I will definitely have to be finding some!!! Thanks, Melissa!

Lily was doing so good with her potty training, but then she backslid for a while. Now, Dave told me NO MORE PULLUPS, so I have been cleaning pee up like crazy!! She did okay yesterday - only 2 accidents, but one of them she pooped and peed - that was fun! This was while I was upstairs for a few minutes. Actually, while she was making a mess in her underwear, she had also taken a book of stamps from my desk, and pasted them all in a pile on top of the desk! I was not very happy! Fortunatly, with careful peeling, I was able to keep about half of them, that I think can still be used, especially if I position them so another stamp is covering one ripped corner, or something! But, what a fiasco - having to clean her up, and then finding that! Anyway, enough venting - eventually she'll be sick of pee running down her legs, and go on the toilet all the time!

Pixie - I'm sorry to hear about the problems with Katy's family! And your dad! What a rough time! I'm glad your greenhouse came and Fox is being so attentive to that - that's got to brighten things a bit! : )

I'm glad you're all feeling better, Tracy! I was planning chili and cornbread here for supper tonight too! :) How cool is that? It is so cold here - I woke up to -7 degrees! I know that's not as cold as north of us, but it's still dang cold!! My sodas that I keep in our mudroom actually froze and exploded! Good thing there weren't very many cans out there anymore! And we are expecting more snow tomorrow into Monday - maybe another snow day? We'll see!

Michele - I am so happy that Grant is starting his new job soon! I love that you will be getting more money!! Woo Hoo for you!!!!

Okay - gotta go make some waffles for William - he was so bummed when I said to have a bowl of cereal, I better be a good mom and make them something warm!! Have a great day, all!!!

Becki

PS - GO PACKERS!!!!!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Thanks a lot Becki, my hubby is sitting here reading your post and just got to the part about making waffles for William and is bummed out because I was offering to make Pancakes this weekend but I meant for Sunday morning not today. He is moaning at me now! He said "See, Becki is making WAFFLES for William!" LOL

• beckilove
    Original Author
    16 years ago

So Sorry, Tracy!!! William deserved a treat, as he got his Iowa Tests of Basic Skills results yesterday! He was so proud! He scored higher than 99% of 4th graders in Iowa, and his performance was equivalent to a typical 8th grader in the first month. He was just beaming when he came home!

Anyway, I would have thought if your hubby was reading it, the idea of cleaning up pee and poop would have turned his stomache enough that he didn't want waffles! Ed, you are one tough man!!

Think I'd better go get dressed - I was just talking to Dave on the phone, and I heard him say, "Oh, don't you gel up on me now!" and hung up - so I'm assuming his truck just had problems, and he might call and need me to come get him. This cold weather is wreaking havok! He can't paint the feeders he needs to paint today, because even in his shop, it's too cold, and the paint is sagging. So, he's off to get a kerosene heater I guess. Anyway, I'd better get ready in case I need to go somewhere! Sorry, again, Tracy!!!

Becki

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

LOL! You would think that all that would have put him off his feed, wouldn't you? I guess with 5 kids and the recent flu epidemic not even poo and pee can turn his stomach! LOL! I hope Dave's truck is ok! I know how it is with painting in this kind of cold. Just doesn't work right, no matter what, even the heaters might not help unless there is really good circulation in the room. Hope it gets better!

• medontdo
    16 years ago

a dumb question, but i didn't think diesel gelled up, LOL i know that i should know this, realistically, but ya know. LOL
    becki- do you get that double sided tape they have in a thingi that looks like it should be for liquid paper? i got mine at sam/s club. well when talla gets mine all over- which is usually alot, LOL no matter where i put them she finds them. LOL errrr!!! but i use them on the back, good to go, and it don't look all gawky, it looks regular. 2 strips, you'll see. LOL
    isn't lily talla's age? talla was a late potty trainer, till took her out of school, then no more accidents. she was afraid to go to the bathroom alone. in kindergarten they don't go in with ya. tabor is watching this cooking show with these flexible muffin pans. i so love that idea!! i'm so far behind in times here!! LOL
    tracy thanks for the nice post! your so sweet!! :')) in the spring i "may" be getting another bleeding heart a glory bower? its so pretty!! its a clipping but i'll try soooo hard to make it grow!! i'm bad at clippings!! they all die. i think i get them at the wrong time of the year. LOL i think summer and spring is the only good time, LOL
    i hope everyone is doing better today!! :')) lots of love medo!!

• beckilove
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh, girlfriend! There's plenty of circulation for him! He doesn't have a paint room so he rigs up a big circulation fan in the big garage type door, and puts plywood around it, to keep it closed off as well as he can, but it doesn't help all that much.

And yes, his truck is okay. One of our older boys took a delivery for him down south to southern Alabama this week with the truck, and his last fuel stop was quite a ways down there, so the little bit of fuel that was left in there probably didn't have the additives that our fuel has in it here to keep it from freezing. That's what he thinks at least! Anyway, I think it's okay. Probably explains why he had a HECK of a time starting it this morning, though!

Lily is only 3, Michele. So, it's not like she is WAY behind. In fact, her two boy cousins who are older than her aren't any further than her in that department, and they both go to preschool. The frustrating thing is that she did SO well for a week or so, and then just back slid. But, we've only had one accident so far today, so it's lookin' good!

Oh, and I do have double sided tape - probably not the kind you are talking about, but it should work for that. Otherwise, I've used a glue stick to glue them on too. My only concern is that as they were stuck on top of eachother, sometimes when I would peel one of the top of the other, it would tear some of the picture along with it. So, there are white spots on some of them. Oh, and she colored on them as well, but fortunately that was a light color and not on a lot of them. That girl gets into everything! She loves to get out the white out and paint it on stuff. And tape - she LOVES tape! So, I just have to keep hiding those things! : )

We've got several people coming over tomorrow for watching football it sounds like. Dave is planning on making brats - he told me to take out 5 or 6 packs of them, and I went down to look, and we only have 2 left. I think he forgot that he gave them away as Christmas presents! So, I picked up some XXL Oscar Meyer all-beef franks at the store - I am excited to see how those taste! OH, and I found these jell-o molds that looks like footballs and helmets. So, I got some yellow and green jell-os and I'll make Packer jigglers! Fun!

I forgot that Monday is a holiday, so I guess your package will go out on Tuesday, Michele.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Becki

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Go Packers! I am rooting for them for ya Becki! The Jello molds sound so fun! Great idea! Better save some leftover chili for those XXL hot dogs! YUM! Chili dogs! How awesome are those? Heartburn on a bun, no better way to enjoy a football game than with one of those. Mmmmm, with diced onion on top. Oh, you guys never want to go to a ball game with me, that is my standard ballgame order. Bad Breath! Wooo Hooo!

• beckilove
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh, thank you for that picture, Tracy!!! And thanks for rooting for them! Brett Farve and Tom Brady would make for a pretty nice looking Super Bowl, wouldn't they?? Of course, I think Tony Romo is totally hot too, in a adorable sort of way! Too bad I'm not Jessica Simpson or Carrie Underwood, or any other skinny gorgeous blonde singer! : )

Oh, I love chili dogs! Gotta have some melted cheese on it too! I used to hate onions, when I was growing up, now I love them with so many things. I don't even like eating a cheeseburger if it doesn't have some onions on it - it just doesn't have the same taste! And mushrooms are the same - I never thought I liked them, but now I sure do!!

Man, it's been one of those days where I just feel like I can't get ahead! I'll be doing one thing, and then something else will happen! I finally sat down for supper tonight, and Lily ran off with her piece of cornbread. I told her to come back, but she still ran off, and I was too exhausted to go after her - figured what can she do - crumble it all up and I'll have to clean it up - what's new? Well, she went up and got on our bed and did just that, and then peed on it as well!! Little bugger!! Only her second accident today, so she's doing okay. Just can't wait until no accidents!!! : ) At least I'm not buying any more pullups - the dang things are expensive!

Sounds like Dave will be home pretty soon - the kids just called to ask if they can play gamecube (they can only as Dad for that.) Hopefully we'll watch a movie tonight. I've got some good ones sitting there. Good Luck Chuck, Premonition, and Mr. Woodcock. They all look pretty good, so I'll be happy with any one he wants to watch! 'Course I'm sitting here yawning, so I'll likely fall asleep during any one he wants to watch as well! : )

• medontdo
    16 years ago

good luck chuck was funny!! dont get the unrated version!! plenty of sex!!! for like 5 min. but so funny!!!
    ok if you were one of those skinney girls, then you'd just be unhappy cuz all the fat girls would hate ya, or when ya know, hmmm... bones. then dave would be unhappy. so its better that your a little fluffy. LOL :')) hmmmm...... i think about it a new way every day. LOL :')) i think tomarrow i'm gonna winter sow some more stuff. tomarow is tabors birthday! happy 12! can you believe that? i can't, it seems like just yesterday he was this tiny little guy crying cuz he couldn't get enough food, he was so hungry!! 2 oz my buns!! LOL :')) now he's gonna be 12 :')) geez next thing ya know he's gonna be dating some hot chick! ahhhh!! that's like when i look at talla i knew from when she was 3 weeks old, i just had this moment feeling, that i should cherish every moment, literally, i don't know why, but every time i look at her, i see why, her legs seem to get longer. but it's like you should take in every moment they have. she just seems to keep growing. LOL those legs!! omg they are not from me that's for sure!! LOL now tabor, he takes right after me!! LOL so short!! but that girls attitude ALL ME :')) she even puts her hands on her hips like me! LOL so funny, my dad was so amazed, he was just watching us, it was so funny. you guys have to have kids like that?!!? ok i'll stop talking about my kiddo's LOL i so want to see premonition. you;ll have to tell us how good it is!! and the other one too!! :'))
    don't they have additive's that he can keep on the truck just in case? i know, ya never know till its to late, right! LOL
    now i have to go ahead and go for the packers now that dallas is out of the play offs. HEE HEE LOL although it woulda been cool so he woulda been happy! LOL
    go packers! :')) wanna hear something funny? tonight tabors monster truck started going when grant was pushing play for the dvd player and it totally freaked him out, well i decided to push the remote for the truck, and make it go, totally made him freak, he grabbed his chest it was funny!! he was thinking the house was making it do that. LOL so i told him the 1st time not me, but the dvd remote. LOl cuz he was so close. LOL ROFL LOL

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Mean Mean Medo! LOL! Laughing at you scaring the poor man! Sheesh! I totally agree about a little cushion on us girls. I definitely wouldn't want to trade places with the little starlets. Seems everyone pays too much attention to everything they do. Can't even blow their nose without someone taking their picture and putting it in the newspapers. Rolling my eyes, people really need to get a life of their own and stop reading those rag magazines! They should all try gardening and read seed catalogues! LOL!

Becki, I can not believe that little stinker ran off with her bread and did that in your bed. Grrrrrr. More laundry for you. Not fun. I am the same way with the onions, never liked them as a kid, mushrooms either, now I cook them both into so many of my dishes. They make everything so much better.

I saw Premonition. I liked it but I think you definitely need to be awake enough to follow the story. If you aren't paying attention to some of the details you will get confused. I'd wait on that one until you've had a low key day. I haven't seen either of the other two movies though! Let us know if you like them.

• beckilove
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh, yep - watched Premonition last night. Dave had to run to a friends last night after he finished working, and he told me to go ahead and start a movie without him. It was a REALLY strange movie, that was very confusing at first, but a very good movie!! I did stay awake, somehow! I think once I got into the movie, I really couldn't fall asleep! Sorry Tracy - didn't get back on here till this morning, so I didn't see that warning before I watched it! : )

No, I'm not saying I wish I was one of those gals! I was just saying Romo is totally hot, and those are the kind of gals he seems to be drawn to. OMG - I so TOTALLY would not want people following me around all the time like that! But, I don't really think that Dave would have a problem with me having Jessica's body and wearing Daisy Dukes all the time! : )

Oh, poor Tabor! Isn't it fun clowning around with the kids?? Tell him Happy Birthday from me! I'm sorry for you and Grant that the Cowboys are out of the running! But, for me, I'm not too disappointed! Sorry! : )

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Lookie Lookie Lookie!!! I have some tulips that have buds on them!!! Im sooo excited!!!

hotobucket">

kinda messed up those pics but ya can see them!! WHOOOHOO

• medontdo
    16 years ago

he said thank youuuuu!! :')) ok, the truck started up this morning and tabor came running into the room and said "ITS STARTED BY ITSELF MOMMY" poor guy! so later we took the batteries out. now if it starts we're talking about chuckie!! LOL uh oh!! possessed truck!! LOL so how was the good luck chuck? have ya seen chuck and larry? that's funny!! do ya'll like larry the cable guy? he's halarious!! i guess we're gonna go to international house of pancakes, i said cool!! i went to the hairdressers to day, and got my hair done, (talla) LOL i have pig tales, or something like it!! LOL

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Yay! Pixie! I can't wait until they bloom for you! Take lots of pictures for us! I am itching to see some pretty spring colors.

Medo, IHOP! I have never been there, not ever! Made pancakes for the kids and hubby this morning plus extras for the freezer. The kids like to pop them in the microwave on school mornings for a quick hot breakfast before the bus gets here. Bet you look way too cute with your pig tails! LOL! Are you going to let Tabor take a picture of you with them in? Better post it if he gets to! LOL!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

You're welcome, Becki! I'm glad your package got there, I was worried about it for some reason. I'm glad you like the book, I thought it had lots of great tips in there...even for someone who might have been canning for awhile! :O)

This is going to sound...well, not bad..but ya know. :O) I am soooo glad to hear that someone else has been having trouble with potty training their daughter! Yay! (in a good, mommy to mommy, relieved I'm NOT a bad mommy type way! LoL) We struggled with Aubeni ALL SUMMER. She'd be fine for a few days, and then start having accidents and wearing 12 pairs of panties in ONE day. UGH. Everyone told me I was doing something wrong, since she's 4 and other girls are going to the potty by that age..and they're supposed to be SO MUCH easier than boys! Oh, I was feeling like a horrible mommy!
    So I am glad to hear that someone else has had problems, too. Wow, I feel SO much better!!

Umm. So if you could send up some really quick prayers, we would appreciate it. Thanks!!!
  • medontdo
    16 years ago

our whole family prayed for him, soon as we read this. oh i so pray he is safe!! no pics of ponytails today, he was in to much of a hurry to go, then we changed our minds later and ate at coyote canyon, yuck!!! for the steak and all you can eat buffet, again i say yuck!! i told them i'd suck it up for them!! LOL
    we went to burlington coat factory, it was soooo cool! and the orchelins, ok so i'm lame but i liked it! LOL and i also love home depot and lowes!! hee hee hee and walmart!! as long as i can get a "few" things!! LOL :'))

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Thanks, Michele!
    We just got word, he's ok. Shook up, but Ok. He had hit a pedestrian. The guy jumped out in front of his car, and he hit him. No word on the pedestrian, though. It seems like he was just so shook up after this happened, he couldn't think straight...I guess panicked a bit. ANYWAY, he's home now, and we are waiting on news about the guy he hit.
    So prayers are still needed, for the pedestrian & his family...also, my boss's family. We appreciate it!!

• medontdo
    16 years ago

i've been to ihop one other time, so full its pathetic!! i left feeling like shamoo!! i'm so not kidding!! LOL i wanted to wadle out!! LOL (that's what i felt like today) i'd much rather like....hardee's or something like that. then i'm still a little hungry for a few minutes!! LOL
    tabor was like i'll pray in a bit, i was like ya what if that was your daddy out there and that was some little boy saying that??? he prayed right then after the look of feeling very bad!! that's all i could think about!!
    guess what kinda seeds i found?? yep! fuschia, dark eyes. so i'm trying to grow them. i'm trying to get all kinds of fuschia seeds.
    and right now i've so far got snail vine growing, but probably not the fragrant one. :'((
    as talla say's boo hoo!!

• beckilove
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Glad he's okay, Melissa! Hope the person he hit is also!

Sorry, I've got to mourn a bit here. My Packers just lost! I'll be back tomorrow! Hope everyone has a good night!

Becki

• medontdo
    16 years ago

glad he's ok melissa!! we'll still pray for him!
    sorry about the packers! now its up to the patriots!! LOL please let us know melissa!!

• beckilove
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yep - fortunately the Patriots are Dave's 2nd favorite team (being that he grew up so close to them), so he's still got something to look forward to. But, it does really stink!

I have never been to IHOP, either. Passed them many times, and the kids have wanted to stop, but we haven't. It's usually Perkins when we are on the road and want to stop for a really good breakfast (which in the end is cheaper, as we don't generally eat again until supper, which is usally something we brought along.) Anyway, I'll bet it's yummy!

Dave used to love it when I wore pigtails! I don't know why, but he really liked it. I'll have to try that again one of these days, show up at his shop in pigtails. 'Course now that I have so much more "padding", I'm not sure the effect would be the same... ; )

Happy Monday, everyone!!

Becki

• medontdo
    16 years ago

i ended up with 3 one in the front too. LOL
    ya might be surprised becki! maybe dave see's past the "padding". i'm sure he'll see HIS becki!! **big onery grin** LOL hope ya'll have a good day! we are expecting ice then snow today. its so cold right now, some spots in the house are cold, errr!! time to check the taping on the windows!!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Sorry bout your Packers Becki, Alan, Katie and I watched the game (on separate tv's) it was a tight game thats forsure.

Melissa I am glad that they found him safe and will continue prayers for both families.

Medo you are such a sweetheart. Just want you to know that!

I will be starting Feb.'s swap the end of this week ya'll. Its to rain here starting sometime today and going through the weekend YUCKIE!!!

Smiles,
    Pixie

• medontdo
    16 years ago

COOL!! i'm soo in!!
    thanks! i'm so glad i've got someone fooled! LOL **big smile** :'))
    ok here goes, i know i RARELY ever ask for anything like this or let anyone in, BUT i'm gonna, i take effexir xr, i'm getting off of it, i know i told ya'll about this part, but it's been VERY HARD!! never told that! and i'm having serious mood swings here! but i think that's cuz of the monthly thing, so i'm still keeping an eye on it cuz i found out i also have bipolar, gee what else right?? LOL life is so fun!! ok heres the fun part so i'm just asking for a little prayer to help me stay on track and not be so moody and numb! although coming off of this, i am doing this with the pharm directions! so its not like i'm doing it alone. :')) LOL
    man i don't like the rain but i know the outcome is great!! most generally!! LOL :'))
    i can't wait to see your tulips in bloom! i bet they are pretty! what kind are they? do you remember??

• beckilove
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Medo - I am so thinking of you! The bad mood swings are very possibly due to bipolar, if that's what they say you have! My mom has bipolar - she was on Lithium for years (though I think they have another Rx of choice now), but she was able to go off of that a few years ago. Do they have you on meds for that? I don't remember what the effexir is for, but I'm sure it's hard to go off of! I'm sure one of us is usually on here to talk to if you need to! Oh, man - I remember when my mom was on Lithium, she couldn't have chocolate, and that was SO hard to remember! The first Christmas after she found out she couldn't have chocolate, I gave her a box of chocolate covered cherries, which was always a special gift I gave her for Christmas, and when she opened it, it all of a sudden hit me that she couldn't eat them, and I felt like SUCH a heel! Wow - no I didn't forget again after that!

Oh - the reason I came on here - Dave brought home my eliptical this afternoon! Yippee!! But, instead of one of the older boys helping him bring it in, it turned out to be "hot kid that works for my husband". No, fortunately, I wasn't braless, but I had changed into some of my rattiest clothes - my sweat pants with bleach spots all over the bottom, my tight t-shirt that says "I like 'em smokin'!" and my huge black Goodwill sweater that looks so bad!! Fun, fun! : ) I'm sure I looked pretty smokin' myself!! ; )

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Becki, if it makes you feel any better I had one of those incidents myself lately. Hubby had a guy stopping over to borrow a plumbing snake and told him he would leave it in the back by the workshop door. The guy forgot that he was leaving it there and rang the doorbell. It was early in the morning and I wasn't even out of bed yet! I had to answer the door in my jammies and robe! AGH! I hate surprise visitors! Seem to always get caught in my bathrobe!

• beckilove
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for commiserating, Tracy! I was thinking to myself, why does that guy always stop by when I am looking my worst? It all of a sudden hit me why - it's God's subtle way of helping me! He knows that if this guy were ever to come onto me, I would sadly be pretty tempted! So, he is making sure that NEVER happens!!! : )

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

No Problem! I seem to always have one of my less than shining moments on hand to share! Maybe this stuff happen to me so I remember to be humble! LOL!

• medontdo
    16 years ago

you guys are so funny!! LOL i always seem to run into old highschool friends when i look my worst!! when i just finished working in my garden and had to run into town for something. and we were at walmart. ahhh!! running around walmart after a little kid and looking trashy and dirty!! LOL that's usually me, although this last time it was an old friend, and where else? walmart, mom's sump pump quit working and the people had to come fix it so i didn't get to shower and i smelled of smoke, we went to walmart, (i hadn't been eating fatty foods so my hair also stunk alittle to me) and i ran into an old "friend". and his wife. it was crazy!! i usually give hugs, uhhhh not this time!! LOL i stayed across the other side of the isle. my mom just laughed at me!! LOL oh ya, i looked like hell!! LOL of course grant says' i always look like hell everyday!! MEN!! atleast mine. LOL gotta love em anyhow LOL

• medontdo
    16 years ago

that's what the effixer is for. the bipolar. they never told me. i only found out because when i told them i wanted to get off of the meds and i needed to do it safely, he told me with bipolar most people need two meds. i'm like WHAT???? but grants been telling me for a while that i'm that way. oh ya, to the point, LOL i'm fine, LOL always got alot to say and yet nothing at all! LOL :'))
    we worked on alabama today!! woo hoo!! it was fun!! we're gonna try to put all the states together into the united states on one wall, if i can, i think it will be fun!!
    i wanted to do the thing on the presidents, i think i will anyhow. tomarrow.

• beckilove
    Original Author
    16 years ago

This reminds me of a story from when William was a baby! We had been camping for 3 days, and got home and got the kids to bed, and I was just ready to hop into the shower (all stinky mind you from camping for 3 days!) Dave all of a sudden metions, wouldn't a Blizzard taste good - hey why don't you run to Dairy Queen and get us some! So, I throw on some bike short and a tank top with no bra and ran up to the DQ that was like 2 blocks away. I'm standing there ordering, when in walks the guy that I had a huge crush on ALL THROUGH high school, and his mom! Yes, there was my dream guy, Kevin, and I was stinky, dirty and very much unsupported! I dreampt of this guy most nights during high school - I had it bad for him! Plus, I'm standing there alone ordering 4 blizzards (the older boys were still up). Of course, they came over and talked to me! I stood there with my arms across my chest and did my best to converse, but I'm sure my face was deep crimson! It was bad! I could not WAIT to get out of there! Ugh - bad memory! And that was the last time I've seen him too!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

LOL Becki, I've had alot of those "moments" lol the latest was ME tryin to be nice by going to the donut shop before 6 to get some hot fresh glazed donuts and kolaches thinking last Sat. Yeppers who would be awake that early so no need to get outta my jammies. Here I was in my fuzzy pink slippers, gauze jammie pants that come to my knees, a way washed tee shirt that has the boys feet and hand prints on it from when they were babies (yeppers that old and washed thin) and a jacket with my wild hair just pulled up in a clip not even combed and of course its too early for sunglasses so no hiding at all. I am the first one there so I had to wait on the kolaches and sheesh the bell on the door started ringing off the wall as, it seems, every rice farmer and helper around walks in! All the "old-timers" and their helpers who most knew me sheesh I was wishing I weren't so nice sometimes!!!! I was really hoping as I left that my truck wouldn't be tempermental about bein wakened that early on a chilly morning and would start. It did and I wasted no time getting home.

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Oh, it's "Bad Impressions" night on the MNF forum!! LoL YAY!! :O)

Well, first things first....My Boss's husband is Ok, the guy he hit is OK, just a broken ankle. The pedestrian was drunk, and ran out between 2 cars, and hit the side of his car. So now the ped. is in the tank, charged with public intoxication & playing illegal touch tag with moving vehicles. Or something to that effect. :O) So thanks for all the prayers. They've helped.
    My boss's husband's brother was killed in a hit and run 5 years ago, so that's why he was so shook up last night & not thinking straight. Just brought back so many horrible memories. Can't blame him a bit, honestly. That WOULD be a pretty horrible experience. Yikes.

Okay....Now for the fun part. :O) Becki, Medo & Tracy..I am laughing my tail off, thinking of you perty young girls charming the pants off of those fellers!! :O) Oh My!! LOL!! *evil grin*
    Well, I can tease...yes I can. Because, after all...I HAVE given the mailman a few peeks, haven't I?!? I'd much rather be caught stinky & dirty...than nakie & wet!! LoL Wooo-Weeee!!!!
    Oh, that reminds me! I could just KICK my husband. He's done the same thing yours has, Tracy! (last week!) He told his buddy that he could borrow a tool, and "just pick it up at the house on your way through". (!) Oooookay. WITHOUT telling me!! Soooooo, wouldn't ya know it, right as I got out of the shower, I heard someone stick their head in the back door and say "helllooooooooo!!" YIPES!! So I wrap my hair up, put on hubby's shirt...and go see who is invaiding my house. To make matters worse, he couldn't find the tool, it's not where hubby said it'd be...so I have to help him search for it!! OMG!! Meanwhile, he's laughing behind my back. Geeze. AND this is the same buddy that knows about the SEARS/VACUUM episode!!! UGH!!!! *blush*

But ya know what, ladies?? WE ARE BEAUTIFUL & SEXY no matter WHAT we smell like or are wearing!! AMEN??!!!!

And we can reassure our selves with the fact that...One of these days....Our men WILL get their comupance. Oh yes. :O)

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Let Me Hear an Amen!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Myspace Graphics at WishAFriend.com

WHOOOHOOOO TWO CELEBRATIONS IN FEB!!!!!

Myspace Graphics at WishAFriend.com

• medontdo
    16 years ago

LOL omg!! i could absolutely not take a shower with the door unlocked!! what a thing you must have!! to many horror movies!! and to think i want to watch number 28 tonight!! LOL or sometime. LOL it looks awefully scary.
    i love holidays, except for the blocking the mail!! whats up with that?? LOL **big grin** did i tell ya i got some white trumpet in? is that fragrant? i so hope so!! :')) you guys should look at the winter sowing forum, there's this lady, she made this raised bed/wintersowing thing its cool!! she wanted opinions on how it looked, i believe, but i think i'm gonna try to do the same thing, LOL

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

It's 23 with Jim Carey, right? Ted thought that was super scary/cool movie.

We never lock doors around here. You would think that I would batten down the hatches after all of my surprise visitors, wouldn't ya? The inlaws used to pop in unannounced when we lived a street away from them. I have had showers interrupted, babies awakened from naps and the poop scared out of me in general from these little surprise visits! I learned to lock the doors then but since we moved I feel a lot more comfortable now that we are sooooo much further away! LOL!

• beckilove
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm afraid I'm with Tracy on this. We live in a tiny little town, and the doors are never locked (except when I know Dave is gone overnight - then I let my fear get the best of me, and the doors get locked.) I have a little neighbor boy (well, not so little, he's 9) who never knocks! His mom will send him over for something, and he'll just walk in. He's scared the piss out of me a few times! Then, there was the time when I was cleaning my oven. We have this little entry way/mud room that is just off of our kitchen - it's kind of hard to explain, but when you walk in our house, you walk through the mudroom, and then there is a door with a big window in it that leads into our kitchen. So, this day I was cleaning the oven, which faces right toward our door. I was wearing low rise jeans, and when I was bending over into the oven, I KNOW I had a major plumber thing going on! All of a sudden I heard a noise, and turned around to see a total stranger stading in the mudroom, right outside of that nice big window! Turned out it was one of those steak salesman who comes around saying they just made a delivery and have lots of extra, and wouldn't I like to buy some beef or pork. He wasn't even knocking, just standing there watching! I went and opened the door, and he goes into his little spiel, and I'm like, umm, look ouside - those cows and pigs, we butcher, so we have freezers full! He's like, umm how bout some chicken? I'm like, if you look a little further up there you'll see the 100 or so chickens we have as well! He finally left. Ugh! I'll go start a new thread!