Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mmqchdygg

UPDATE: Pick-a-Seed Round 2 Important Bulletin!!!

mmqchdygg
17 years ago

First, PAS is still taking signups for Round 2.

Second, if you are considering jumping ship for Round 2 due to the progress of Round 1, please keep reading..

Third- Round 2 will be FURTHER SPLIT DUE TO THE NUMBER OF PLAYERS!

FOURTH, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, I would like to 'hand off' Round 2 of this Robin, and am looking for 3 willing bodies to host Round 2!

If you are interested in hosting a portion of Round 2 of this swap, please let me know. Here are the details:

1. I will set up all the details for Round 2, which will include all member lists, and starting the Robins on their way.

2. I will provide my new hostesses with everything they need to host this swap- that being the Master Listing of their respective Robins, and any suggestions that they might like to use to host their portion. (Plus, you'll likely get a nice little gifty thing from me because you're so willing.)

3. Your respective Robin will likely have NO MORE THAN 15 PLAYERS. Your duties will (hopefully) be light, as you won't have to babysit as many as we have going right now.

4. You can choose how to host your portion of the swap once you have it 'in hand.' No need to use the same methods that I'm using here, but I'm available for consultation if you like what you see presently.

5. Why am I doing this? Because I'm a die-hard winter-sower, and must get umpteen containers going now, and once Round 1 is over, it's going to start getting busier & busier in the 'plant-out' department for Winter Sowers.

I really appreciate everyone's cooperation here on the Pick-a-Seed, and don't want to leave you hanging, which is why I'd like to hand off to 3 willing & able bodies for Round 2.

Please email me directly, or post here with your interest in hosting a portion of Round 2. Thanks!

Comments (23)

• columbusgardener
    17 years ago

if Lisa cannot help I can lend a hand

let me know
    Debbie

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hello
    I wanted to drop out from round 2 , I have put the rest of my extra seeds in two swaps and Named seed RR. I just don't have any seeds I don't want.
    thanks for hosting the RR
    michelle

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for letting me know, Michelle.
    Thank you, Debbie!

• zabecc
    17 years ago

Due to winter sowing as well (this will be my first year, and i'm overwhelmed already) I'm going to have to drop out of round 2 as well. Thank you for hosting the first go around, despite the small hangups, it's been great!
    -Elizabeth

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Hi Tina, I just now saw your post.
    I'm not signed up for this RR and it looks like maybe there will not be as many players as expected. Well, sometimes life gets into the way of our plans. My expected trip out west is postponed indefinately SO, I guess that gives me some unexpected free time to lend a hand here. I like the idea of a couple small robins instead of one big one that seems to take forever to get to me.
    Ok, keep us posted as to the plan and progress.
    Good luck, BB

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks, Beth! I'll add you to R2 of the Robin
    Was that an official offer to host a portion of the Robin?

All-
    With adds & drops, there are currently 38 participants for R2. If numbers remain close to this, there will be THREE Robins in the neighborhood of 13 players each, likely divided by physical location again to keep things moving quickly.

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Tina, I'll host if that is still your plan (to pass it on to new hostesses ) A group of 13 to 16 sounds manageable. I'm not doing much except right now wintersowing, going to Doggie school and vet apts and an occasional day/night of work.
    Gosh, maybe I actually will get to be retired this year. LOL, been trying for about 3 years now so it's "time enough".

• lat0403
    17 years ago

I'd like to sign up!

• moonphase
    17 years ago

I would like to drop out of round 2.I too have been waiting on cold weather to ws and it is finally here.I have about 400 containers to sow,so please count me out on the next one.You have done a wonderful job and I Thank You.I do appreciate all the work,worry,and patience you have put in this.It has not gone un-noticed.
    moonphase

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you, Annette. I appreciate the notice! Have fun WSing!!!

• chelty2
    17 years ago

I would like to sign up....where can I find details?

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Few details, chelty2:

We are currently running R1 of this Robin...it's a simple seed Robin. Nothing fancy.
    Participants receive the Robin, take out whatever number of packets that they like, and replace them with an equal number (or more), and then send it on to the next person in line.
    Delivery Confirmations are mandatory on this one.

Round 2 will be set up in a couple weeks, after round 1 is over and I get both Robins back. It will be split so that there are likely no more than about 15 players per Robin to save time (Round 1 is currently at 110 days. That's too long for a Robin, so I'm splitting R2)

Anyway, that's it. I'll send you an email.

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Question to all: Has anyone heard from TinaTN recently? She bowed out of R1, but I kept her in for R2, and now the email that I have (the same one that's here on GW) is bouncing. Anyone have any updated information?

Tina, if you're out there, can you please confirm your participation for Round 2? I need to hear from you before we start R2. Thanks.

• nature_farmer
    17 years ago

Please add me to round#2 Please..Thanks,Jody

• ramazz
    17 years ago

Hi, I've never done a round robin before and this sounds like a good one to try. If you still have space, could you please add my name?

Becky

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jody, Becky, Chelty, & Leslie...you're all in. More details later.

• chelty2
    17 years ago

Hi,
    I sent you an email.
    chelty2

• efrosty1
    17 years ago

I WOULD LIKE TO JOIN TOO. I HAVEN'T BEEN IN A RR FOR AWHILE.TIME TO GET BACK ON THE WAGON..LOL

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Hi Erica, nice to see you back
    BB

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Erica- You'll be getting mail in a sec...

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

There have been several drops & adds, but the number remains constant at 38.5 participants for Round 2. (Erica, you're the .5 heheh. I'll add you when I get your information back).
    Tina_tn has been dropped from Round 2, as I have not heard from her in several inquiries.

I will post the original email bulletin here now for everyone's info:

To all my "Pick-a-Seed and Pay it Forward" Round Robin Participants:
    Hello, everyone!
    If you are on the following list, I have you included in Round 2 of the Pick-a-Seed Round Robin. If you do not want to participate in Round 2, please reply to this notice.
    STRMYWTHR3
    PRAIRIEWINDS
    CAROL BOWEN
    SGUANZON
    MILLYBUG
    MOGARDENING
    DREVALVO
    CEDARNEST
    OKNISH
    MNWSGAL
    JULIE_MN
    CANDYCOW
    DEBBYA
    ETRAVIA
    MICHIGANALICE
    JSELWA
    LISAM627_OHIO_Z6
    DAFF_KNEE2000
    STRMYWTHR3
    COLUMBUSGARDENER
    MSPRETTYKY
    FLOWERGARDENLADY
    MIMIB1
    GIVERNY4ME
    LIL_GREEN_THUMB
    BETH_B_KODIAK
    FLOWER_POWER2
    LAT0403
    CHELTY2
    RAMAZZ
    NATURE_FARMER
    PAMELAMARIE
    MARIACAT
    GARDENINGDUMMIE
    DEM_PA
    SHIMLA
    GARDENSCOUT
    AMY B

We currently have 38.5 (one new unconfirmed) participants for Round 2 (for those of you following along up there, STRMYWTHR3 had to be moved to the end of Round 1, so she will show up at the beginning of one of the Robins, and will be also included on one of the other lists...thereby getting to participate in essentially both rounds).
    There will be 3 new Robins for Round 2 once Round 1 is over.
    The new Robins will be split by physical location. I will play Âconnect-the-dots with your ZIP codes again, so that the Robins run as quickly as possible.
    Please welcome your new hostesses: Debbie C (columbusgardener), Debbie D (flower_power2), and Beth B (beth_b_kodiak).
    I will be making the original split for the 3 Robins, then I will mail the new packages to each respective hostess, who will also be provided with the information that they need to run the Robins.
    As with the first round, a ÂMaster List will NOT be circulated with these new Robins. I promised you all as much security as possible with this Robin, and hopefully, that will continue into Round 2.
    Once the new Robins are off, your new hostesses are Âlarge & in charge. The rules of your robin will likely change little, if at all, but the hostesses have full reign to do so as they wish. Please respect your hostess, and donÂt harass them too much ;)
    ***IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL: If, at any time, you have concerns about another participant, please inform your hostess. At no point should these concerns be posted publicly to the forum. Your hostess will decide what, if any action should be taken, and will take the appropriate action to alleviate any concerns of the other participants.

Thank you again, and if anyone has any questions, please buzz me.

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

THIS ROBIN IS NOW CLOSED FOR SIGN-UPS. THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR SIGNING ON!
    THE NEW ROBINS ARE VERY NEARLY READY TO BE ANNOUNCED, SO STAY TUNED! NEW THREAD(S) WILL POST FOR EACH NEW ROBIN!!

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

No, really. This robin is closed for signups.

Please watch the board for the new lists later this week.