Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
galium_gw

UPDATE: ~A Petal Pushers New Year~

galium
16 years ago

Thought I'd start a new thread since the other one is almost at 150 posts.

12 more days until the end of the month so let's get those seeds out.

Comments (45)

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here is the exchange list for seeds again. If I've missed anyone please let me know.

busylizzy-sends to-mellon (not received)
    beckilove-sends to-busylizzy & tracyvine (tracyvine received)
    momcat-sends to-beckilove (not received)
    sassyd-sends to-momcat (not received)
    happyseed-sends to-sassyd (not received)
    pixieluvplants-sends to-happyseed (not received)
    faintheart-sends to-pixieluvplants (not received)
    sandlapper_rose-sends to-faintheart (received)
    galium-sends to-sandlapper_rose & hazelnutbunny (received)
    ramazz-sends to-galium (received)
    hmle2217-sends to-ramazz (not received)
    mellen-sends to-hmle2217 (not received)

Deb-you sent seeds to beckilove, what did I miss??? Were you filling in for someone? Or were you just being your usual generous and kind self?

If someone hasn't heard from their partner let me know.
    Mariann

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Deb is momcat, isn't she?? Now I'm confused! Anyway, if I'm wrong, it was momcat that sent to me! : ) Sorry for conusing you!
    Becki

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Becki-Deb is debbya. momcat sent to you.

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Okay. Didn't mean to cause any confusion!

• momcat
    16 years ago

Becki, I'm a Deb, too. Yes, I did send to you for this swap.

Deb

• beckilove
    16 years ago

: ) Good! I thought so! I was hoping I didn't thank the wrong person! Thank you so much, momcat!! I loved taking those things off of my wishlist! You were so generous! Thank you!
    Becki

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

After I posted I realized that we may have 2 Deb's. debbya isn't sending seeds his month. Glad that is cleared up LOL.

• sassyd
    16 years ago

I'm sending to momcat, Deb I'll be putting yours in the mail today. Had to wait for a few of our 'goodies' to arrive:)

Confusion????? Who us???

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

I have my package ready to go to Happyseed, Sonja. Has anyone heard from her at all?

lol on the confusion bit, I think that is my middle name!!!

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I just heard from Sonja (happyseed) she'll be sending sassyd's seeds out next week.

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Mariann/Sonja thats just fine, no worries. Deb yours are in the arms of the USPS, hope I sent some you'll like. I tried to find some specific's from your list (you have no idea how I've tried, lol) but I think you'll like, hope so anyway.

Thats why I didn't want anyone to go by my list, I don't have that much on there and certainly not all of what I love, but GW has been mean lately:(

Sassy

• hmle2217
    16 years ago

ramazz,

Just wanted to let you know I sent your seeds out this Wednesday, the 16th. Hopefully, you'll get them soon!

Here is a link that might be useful: My Garden Blog

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Sonja's seeds are going out on Thursday.

Thank you Galium for hosting this month!!! You are a wonderful hostess!!!

Smiles,
    Pixie

• ramazz
    16 years ago

Hi,

I have been away from the computer for a few days. I received my seeds from hmle2217 (Huong)on Saturday. She sent me Pink Catchfly, Purslane, Ornamental pepper (yellow), Chicory, Amsonia and Bachelor Buttons (double). I am looking forward to seeing all of these in my garden in the spring! Thanks, Huong!

Becky
    ramazz

• mellen
    16 years ago

I have some seeds ready for Huong, but I do have an order that I am also waiting for. This place usually send out fast.
    Mary Ellen/Mellen

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Hi Ladies,

I received a wonderful package from Dee (Faintheart) this afternoon! Talk about a ray of sunshine on this dreary wet day. Here is what Dee sent me. A beautiful card, Dee did you make this card? Its absolutely gorgeous! Several pks of seeds from her gardens... Blackberry Lily; Mixed Zinnia's; Blazing Star Liatris; Yellow/cream Scabiosa; Lilac Daturas; and some Red Amaryllis seeds (I have never seen Amaryllis seeds. Also some Bush Champion Cucumber; Exotic Melon Mix; Brandywine Tomato; and Rondo Mix Penstemon. I can't wait to start planting these! Thank you soo much Dee I love them!!!

Smiles,
    Pixie

• faintheart
    16 years ago

You are most welcome, Ms Pixie! Yes, I did make the card...they are fun to do when I have the time. Hope you enjoy some new blooms for years to come!

Hugsssss,
    Dee

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Hopefully Deb will receive hers tommorrow, I mailed them Sunday but forgot about po being closed on Monday.

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

I sent Sonja's seeds out today. She should get them Monday or Tuesday.

Smiles,
    Pixie

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. Just having a few health issues.

Here is the updated list for the seed swap:

busylizzy-sends to mellon(not received)
    beckilove-sends to-busylizzy & tracyvine(tracyvine received)
    momcat-sends to-beckilove(received)
    sassyd-sends to-momcat(sent)
    happyseed-sends to-sassyd(not received)
    pixieluvplants-sends to-happyseed(sent)
    faintheart-sends to-pixieluvplants(received)
    sandlapper_rose-sends to-faintheart(not received)
    galium-sends to-sandlapper_rose & hazelnutbunny(received)
    ramazz-sends to-galium(received)
    hmle2217-sends to-ramazz(received)
    mellen-sends to-hmle2217 (not received)

Let's get those seeds out ladies. Don't want this swap to run into Feb.
    Mariann

• happyseed
    16 years ago

They are finally on the way!!!!!!!!! It took long enough. Sorry but next time will be better. Sonja

• mellen
    16 years ago

Some seeds that I had ordered finally came yesterday. Sooo, Huong's package will be going out tomorrow.
    Mary Ellen

• beckilove
    16 years ago

I think busylizzy should have received her package by now - I sent it out probably about 10 days ago or so. Hopefully if she hasn't already, she will get it soon!
    Becki

• hmle2217
    16 years ago

Mary Ellen,

I can't wait for the package. Thanks in advance.

Huong

Here is a link that might be useful: My Garden Blog

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I've just emailed sandlapper_rose and busylizzy. I think we've heard from everyone else.
    Mariann

• faintheart
    16 years ago

Mariann,

I've gotten my goodies from Jeanne (sandlapper_rose). Here's my post:

Posted by faintheart z4b IA (My Page) on Fri, Jan 18, 08 at 9:51

Jeanne,
    Thank you SO much for my surprises!!! They couldn't have come at a better time as it is a bit stressful at work with budget time and I need a diversion. :)

I received Geum 'Lady Stratheden', Stokes Aster, Balloon Flowers, Marigold 'Jaquar', Vitex Chaste tree, and Gladiolus seeds. All are new varieties to me and I am excited to see them grow!!! I absolutely love glads! I've never seen glad seeds and think those will go in a planter so I can bring them in to overwinter and give the corms room to grow. This will be soooo fun!!!

Thank you, Jeanne!!!

Thank you again, Jeanne! :)

Dee

• sandlapper_rose
    16 years ago

Dee,
    Thanks for confirming that I sent seeds to you. I sure thought I had sent them and then I thought maybe my memory was going... LOL
    Jeanne

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

My apologies Jeanne and Dee. I missed the post.
    Mariann

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Oh I'm so sorry too, I thought Dee had received her seeds and just didn't think. lol Jeanne you know we're never worried about you girl.

Deb, I promise your seeds are on the way hun! You'll see from the envie when you get them, I wasn't going to embarrass myself on the boards, but girl I sent them with not one single piece of postage on them, and didn't realize it until Sunday. I don't usually get to to po except once a week and I'm sure they had been sitting in my po box all week waiting on postage. Anyway, just know, I'm so truly sorry that your partner is an idiot, please forgive.

Sassy

btw, I am checking the po everyday this week, lol. I just don't usually get there more than once a week unless expecting something other than bills, lol.

Anita, its finally almost here, we all love you and are with you all the way girlfriend! Keep that chin up! And when you're sitting in that waiting room tommorrow, you know we're all waiting and praying just for you! Hugs

• hmle2217
    16 years ago

I got my package from mellen (aka Mary Ellen) yesterday. She sent me a great deal of seeds! I mean lots of different varieties of flowers and vegetables! Thanks so much Mary Ellen. It made my day!!! I'll post a picture of my package later tonight on my blog! Thanks again!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: My Apartment Garden Blog

• mellen
    16 years ago

Huong,
    Happy to hear that it finally got there. Seemed to take a long time. You are very welcome. I love reading your blog. You do so many interesting things and write so well about them. Have some more fun. I really enjoyed sending to you and chatting with you, too.
    Mary Ellen

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Deb, have you still not gotten your seeds? Its been 10 days since they were sent (with postage this time, lol) If you haven't please let me know so I can get some more out and Mariann can close out this swap.

Thanks
    Sassy

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Happy, please let me know if you have received your seeds yet or not. You should have received them last week.

Smiles,
    Pixie

• busylizzy
    16 years ago

I got my seeds from Becky, nice flower selection and craft gourds I can't wait to plant, but that darn ground hog says 6 more weeks of winter!
    We have enough ice storms here, 51 accidents in 15 minutes in our county last Tuesday! My mini accident of a 360 into the guard rail gave the school bus kids in front of me a thrill and probably the car behind me! Thankfully, only minor chipped paint and a lose headlight bulb. With school closings and delays I am getting closets cleared out at least, lol.
    I was able to get Mellens packet out January 30th so I hope she gets it this week.
    Sorry for the delay.

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Hummmm, just thought about this but with all the horrible weather in Illinois, Deb may not have internet service?
    Not rushing Deb, I think they're are a few more outstanding.

• momcat
    16 years ago

HI, I do have internet. The weather's been bad, but so far no loss of power. Still no seeds in the mail. Hopefully they will find their way here this week.

Deb

• mellen
    16 years ago

Good morning, Seeds from Busylizzy arrived in yesterday's mail.(Monday) She sent a very nice selection of veggies and flowers plus an envelope full of an annual/perennial wildflower mix. The other seeds that she sent were:
    -dahlia Victoriana
    -geranium-pink
    -tomato blend
    -Genovese basil
    -long and hot pepper duo
    -fairytale eggplant
    -Romano flat pole beans

Thanks so much Liz for the nice variety. They will be put to use and enjoyed.
    Mary Ellen

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Thats a great bunch of seeds ya received Mary Ellen, way to go BusyLizzy!

Marianne have you heard from Sonja? I have emailed her letting her know that I sent her goodie package. I also emailed her just to see if everything was going ok. Ya'll keep Happy in your thoughts and prayers, I don't know her but I gather that she is going through a tough time also and needs some friends.

Ok NOW......
    If any of ya'll haven't seen ma first bloom from in MNF's My Silly Valentine (where I posted pics of what I now KNOW is a daffy) I posted pics of "her" from this morning when she first started to open up and bloom until this...
    (is ya have seen the pic then I am sorry but I am tickled about it!!!) My First Bulb bloom EVER not to mention this Spring (shhh we don't know its still winter here)

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Pixie-I haven't heard from Sonja. I am keeping her in my thoughts though. By the way, thanks for that little touch of spring. I have a daffodil popping up-way to early here. Don't think it will bloom any time soon.

Mary Ellen-you received a terrific selection of seeds.

From what I can determine all seeds have been sent. But not everyone has posted that they have received them. Sassy-did you receive seeds from Sonja/happyseed? I'll email her today when I get a chance.

Don't forget to vote today.....That is if your state hasn't already voted.
    Mariann

• sassyd
    16 years ago

No, I hate to say I haven't. But don't keep this swap open because of that. I think she got caught up in something and I hold no hard feelings whatsoever. Happy, please don't think I do. We just worry about you, so don't worry about seeds just let us know you're ok. K?

Hugs girl!

Now Deb/Momcat please let us know when you can about receiving from me. Perfect point girls...with the dc confirm #'s. I don't usually with seed, but I messed up.
    Hoping, your weather will allow you to post soon.

Mariann please don't keep this open for me.

Hugs to all
    Sassy

• abitodd
    16 years ago

Hello All,

Just wanted to stop by and say hello and that I am so happy to see the group still here and doing so well.

(((HUGS TO ALL)))

Deni

• momcat
    16 years ago

Hi Sassy,

Still no seeds, but mail delivery has been spotty the past two weeks because of the weather. Hopefully they will arrive soon.

Deb

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Hey Deni, so glad to see you stop by!

Deb, I'm so sorry, thats just crazy, I mailed them this past Sunday was a week ago (with postage this time). I'm gonna get you some more out, I am really so sick about this. But good thing is, I've been shopping, so maybe you might like these better. I'll put dc on these so we'll know. When the others show up, just keep them all. They haven't been returned to me so you'll get them.

Again, I'm really sorry about this, I've never had something I sent not show up before and I hope everyone here knows I did send them. But I will get some more out to you asap.

Sassy

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Deb - I'm sure they are coming, if they didn't today! I know how excited Sassy was when she told me she could send so many things from your wishlist, so I know she'll be very happy when they get there! (And so will you!) : ) Hope it happens quickly!
    Becki

• momcat
    16 years ago

Sassy,
    don't worry, it's not your fault. Things do get sidetracked sometimes with the postal service! I'll keep watching, and I'll try to catch my mailman today, and have him keep an eye out, too. I'm sure they'll show up.

Deb